Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 2 of 13[ 512 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title

EdgeEmblem wrote:
SHSL Ultimate Hope wrote:
When us gamers have to pay money for the stupid prices that GameStop puts on their games. I hate that they rip people off especially when you trade on games. I get much more money when I trade my games with 2nd hand game stores. That's why I stopped supporting gamestop and buy my games from 2nd hand game stores.

Play N Trade is your friend.
By the way, your avatar and sig intrigues me... :hotti:

Not when it comes to Gamestop. Second hand game stores always give me more money for my game than what Gamestop does.

Its from a Parody of Kill la Kill called Kiss La Kiss

EdgeEmblem wrote:

Downside for me is, I only seem to have two things in Munich. Gamestop, which is more convenient for me as it has multiple locations. And Gamecity Munich, which I only know one of and that doesn't take my used games for any good amount of money, either. Upside with the latter, it does still have PC, PS2, GC and such games.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
EdgeEmblem wrote:

Downside for me is, I only seem to have two things in Munich. Gamestop, which is more convenient for me as it has multiple locations. And Gamecity Munich, which I only know one of and that doesn't take my used games for any good amount of money, either. Upside with the latter, it does still have PC, PS2, GC and such games.

C-A

Their are a couple of good second hand game stores here in NYC. The one where I brought the Sly Cooper trilogy also has alot of imported games from Japan and even games for Atari and the Atari system.

Gardevoir lover

EdgeEmblem wrote:
When us gamers have to pay money for the stupid prices that GameStop puts on their games. I hate that they rip people off especially when you trade on games. I get much more money when I trade my games with 2nd hand game stores. That's why I stopped supporting gamestop and buy my games from 2nd hand game stores.

PLAY N TRADE's still a thing!?
:udgey:

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

The Fire Emblem lord

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
EdgeEmblem wrote:

Uh, yeah. I just went there today t get MGS 3 and Ratchet and Clank.

Ruining my life, one Meme at a time.

The Fire Emblem lord

The second hand store here in Florida is amazing. It's got games ranging from Nes, SNES Atari, GC, N64 Ps1, Ps2, Ps3, it's got monthly contests, smash tounaments, Arcade cabinets, and some really rare stuff.

Ruining my life, one Meme at a time.

Gardevoir lover

When games you want to play never leave Japan. You guys know what i'm talking about.
EdgeEmblem wrote:
Uh, yeah. I just went there today t get MGS 3 and Ratchet and Clank.

Huh, where i live they're used to be a ton of Play N trades but they just kind of fizzled out in 2008.
I managed to pick up Billy hatcher, Pokemon collesium and Sonic advanced 3 from there.

EdgeEmblem wrote:
The second hand store here in Florida is amazing. It's got games ranging from Nes, SNES Atari, GC, N64 Ps1, Ps2, Ps3, it's got monthly contests, smash tounaments, Arcade cabinets, and some really rare stuff.

Same here in NY by my job. They even have a old super nintendo signed by the creator of Mario.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

I don't really have a problem with Gamestop myself, but I don't trade or really get used games from them. I really only go to them for current console games because they offer more that's out. When all you have in the area is a Wal-Mart, Target, and Gamestop, Gamestop's easier for me when I'm looking for something more niche since these big brand stores will only carry popular titles like Mario and Halo. If I'm looking to sell, I'll use the internet and if I'm looking to buy older games, I'll use the internet or purchase something from a convention I go to once a year since the prices are usually fair. I'm a game hoarder though, I never like the idea of selling a game, no matter how much I hate it, because I always get the feeling that I'll hate myself if I get some urge to play that game again and I no longer have it.

Heck, one game I've hoarded from the NES days, a Flintstones game, just found out, is worth over $900, so I guess it's good for something. Maybe when I go old and senile, I'll sell all these games for a decent sum. Highly doubt it though.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
I don't really have a problem with Gamestop myself, but I don't trade or really get used games from them. I really only go to them for current console games because they offer more that's out. When all you have in the area is a Wal-Mart, Target, and Gamestop, Gamestop's easier for me when I'm looking for something more niche since these big brand stores will only carry popular titles like Mario and Halo. If I'm looking to sell, I'll use the internet and if I'm looking to buy older games, I'll use the internet or purchase something from a convention I go to once a year since the prices are usually fair. I'm a game hoarder though, I never like the idea of selling a game, no matter how much I hate it, because I always get the feeling that I'll hate myself if I get some urge to play that game again and I no longer have it.

Heck, one game I've hoarded from the NES days, a Flintstones game, just found out, is worth over $900, so I guess it's good for something. Maybe when I go old and senile, I'll sell all these games for a decent sum. Highly doubt it though.

The only time I buy from Gamestop is when they have good pre-order bonus for games but that at times is rare. Last thing I recently got was the vita bundle with borderlands that recently came out. I brought my ps3 at a 2nd hand game store and works perfectly. I just rather support small businesses especially when GameStop treats their employee's badly.

I've always had good relations with the GameStop in my area, been shopping there since it was Electronics Boutique back in the 90's.

I never trade my games in there, though, and only buy used if there's no other option. It's not worth the $5 you save on a used copy to screw the publishers out of money for their game.

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
I never trade my games in there, though, and only buy used if there's no other option. It's not worth the $5 you save on a used copy to screw the publishers out of money for their game.

That's another big reason why I don't buy used games for game stops like you said only when their is no other choice.

Gardevoir lover

I honestly never saw the problem with Gamestop, whenever i go to the local Gamestop they treat me really well.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
I honestly never saw the problem with Gamestop, whenever i go to the local Gamestop they treat me really well.

Same for me too. I hear a lot of Gamestop employees are jerks, but I get treated really well when I go there and they're always helpful too. It helps that they don't shove game offers down my throat either like I've seen with other stores.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

The cape is self-fluttering

I like the Gamestop employees too, but their policies are kind of eh. And unless you're constantly buying/trading games all year, you don't really save much with a membership.
"Descole? You don't mean Mr. I-Like-to-Wreck-Things-with-Mechanical-Monsters-and-Dress-Up-as-Posh-Ladies Descole?" -Emmy Altava

...NAILED IT

I've felt worse.

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
When games you want to play never leave Japan. You guys know what i'm talking about.

How about when games do leave Japan, but they lose a crapton of content in the process? That means you, Ace Combat 3!
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

How about when games do leave Japan, but they lose a crapton of content in the process? That means you, Ace Combat 3!

Or bad translations in order to fit with Western Audience >.>

Sierra Mikain wrote:
I like the Gamestop employees too, but their policies are kind of eh. And unless you're constantly buying/trading games all year, you don't really save much with a membership.

Yeah, I don't have a membership with them nor do I plan on getting one. I maybe go there 3-5 times a year if that so I don't ever dabble with any of the stuff they deal with. I just go in, buy the game I want, and get out. It works for me.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Sierra Mikain wrote:

Yeah, I don't have a membership with them nor do I plan on getting one. I maybe go there 3-5 times a year if that so I don't ever dabble with any of the stuff they deal with. I just go in, buy the game I want, and get out. It works for me.

They actually gave a free year when i brought Persona 4 Golden.

Ace Explorer

dullahan1 wrote:
Sierra Mikain wrote:

Huh, that's interesting.
Did they give any sort of reason why, or was it just a 'Hey, here's a year of membership on the house kthanksbye' kind of deal?
Well? Are we going or what?

The King of All

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
EdgeEmblem wrote:

Oh man, those were the days going to Play N Trade in the place I used to live.

I came back recently and saw it was replaced with GameStop though :larry:
The king of all, Sir Duke

Alonso Swift wrote:

Huh, that's interesting.
Did they give any sort of reason why, or was it just a 'Hey, here's a year of membership on the house kthanksbye' kind of deal?

WellI had issues remembering what one of my old account passwords was because i had enough points to renew so the game was nice enough to give it to me for free plus i still have the points to renew it again when i want.

sumguy28 wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:

"This guy are sick" - brilliant translation. And that's a pretty mild one compared to the crap translation I had to work with.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

"This guy are sick" - brilliant translation. And that's a pretty mild one compared to the crap translation I had to work with.

C-A

I find it stupid when Japanese games are localized and they change it to westernize for NA release. Its like a kick in the face to the fans who know the culture and don't need it to be changed and im sure even most american's arn't that stupid that they don't know alittle bit about Japanese culture. Even though this isn't a game but one that just made me drop my head in shame was when 4kids used to show the 1st season of Pokemon and they kept calling Onigiri "Donuts" :viola:

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

I find it stupid when Japanese games are localized and they change it to westernize for NA release. Its like a kick in the face to the fans who know the culture and don't need it to be changed and im sure even most american's arn't that stupid that they don't know alittle bit about Japanese culture. Even though this isn't a game but one that just made me drop my head in shame was when 4kids used to show the 1st season of Pokemon and they kept calling Onigiri "Donuts" :viola:

Spoiler: Obligatory Hiimdaisy comic

I usually don't mind translation changes, but some make zero sense in any context. From Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Rubicante was changed to Lubicant. Kali was changed to Curly.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

sumguy28 wrote:
I usually don't mind translation changes, but some make zero sense in any context. From Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Rubicante was changed to Lubicant. Kali was changed to Curly.

I Just wish that translations would just keep the original text in games that are localized from Japan. People are not culturally ignorant that they won't know anything. I feel like its a insult to us fans of whichever series they localize.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:

I Just wish that translations would just keep the original text in games that are localized from Japan. People are not culturally ignorant that they won't know anything. I feel like its a insult to us fans of whichever series they localize.

Kali is a religious figure (perhaps Rubicante is as well) so perhaps it was changed for censorship reasons.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Kali is a religious figure (perhaps Rubicante is as well) so perhaps it was changed for censorship reasons.

Well in general translations are changed for stupid reasons which i don't understand.

Quote:

Lubri... cant? :hotti: Dirty joke aside.

I overall don't mind the changes too much, as long as they either make sense or don't cause trouble down the line. For example, translating Onigiri into riceball? I have no problem with that, although technically onigiri are shaped as triangles from what I've seen.

But I've said it before, switching to First Names in the localization when it's Last Name in the original just flat out is wrong and can result in terrible problems. Example, Card Captor Sakura, the German manga Volume 1 - 5 has Sakura refer to Shaolan as, well, Shaolan. In Volume 6, she suddenly refers to him as Li and we get the scene where Shaolan yells Sakura's name for the first time and she asks if it's okay to call him Shaolan now... despite having been doing that previously, thanks a lot Translators!

Ditto problem with Sailor Moon. Originally, Helios refers to Chibiusa only as "Otome"/Maiden and during an important scene, he calls her Chibiusa-chan for the first time ever. That was important. The stupid English version? Flat out had him call her Rini (her changed name - KIND OF makes sense if you think it comes from Serenity, her mother's name, but it apparently also means little rabbit) the entire time and during said scene he yells out "Minimoon!" which... for one, isn't that dramatic. And it's entirely possible, I think it was even mentioned somewhere, that he DID call her Minimoon previously, ruining the fact that Chibiusa is happy that he's "called her by her name for the first time" (also ignoring that Minimoon is TECHNICALLY not her name)

And as said before, I found it dumb in Danganronpa. It takes away the fact that Asahina and Oogami have a good friendship going on, with Asahina referring to her as Sakura-chan. AND it's completely out of character for a total prick like Togami to be fine with people just calling him Byakuya.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:

Kali, I can sort-of understand, but Rubicante was just fine in Final Fantasy IV, on both the SNES and GBA. And that game was hit heavily with censorship. And how come "Devil" gets to remain uncensored?

In Justice We Trust

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

And let's not forget Ace Attorney's very own "The miracle never happen."
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
Kali, I can sort-of understand, but Rubicante was just fine in Final Fantasy IV, on both the SNES and GBA. And that game was hit heavily with censorship. And how come "Devil" gets to remain uncensored?

*Shrugs* It may be up to discretion of the publisher rather than a concrete code therefore it might be different between games.

Was Devil included in Aria of Sorrow? I looked it up Rubicante has it's roots in the Divine Comedy as a devil so it's still somewhat religious (even if it's fictitious).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Real Human Being

General Luigi wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Joke's on you, that's not cannon.

DoMaya wrote:
General Luigi wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Joke's on you, that's not cannon.

Well neither is Gannon.

C-A

The Real Human Being

That reminds me, I recently realized that I had been pronouncing Red XIII's name as Red - X - Thirteen

Don't ask me how, I just... kinda did since I was young.

DoMaya wrote:
That reminds me, I recently realized that I had been pronouncing Red XIII's name as Red - X - Thirteen

Don't ask me how, I just... kinda did since I was young.

I'll just leave this true story from VGR here. It always amuses me, reading it.

I'm going to digress for a moment to share a rather funny gaming experience with all of you. Back when FF7 came out, I let one of my friends play it on my Playstation while I worked on the computer. I heard her swearing and bitching about something for at least half an hour, and I finally asked her what was wrong. She was at this exact point in the game when she got stuck. She told me, "I can't find the damn lion. I've been everywhere." I looked at the screen, confused. "Um, he's right there," I replied. She said that the pile of boxes was blocking her way. "That orange pile of boxes?" I inquired. I believe her exact words were, "God damn it." The moral of the story is: FF7 graphics suck. Now back to your regularly scheduled recap.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
VGR

This reminds me. You know what really grinds my gears as a gamer? VGR. I tried reading their recap on Final Fantasy 4. I gave up after five minutes. Why? Because it took five minutes of reading to cover the first minute of the game. They just went on and on about how the graphics are terrible compared to modern day, and how one sentence of exposition makes their patience run short (!), and how Cecil is antisocial like Squall (he's not). This recap isn't entertainment. It's just distilled whining. Yes, the game does have it's share of problems, but they prefer to complain about every single pixel rather than focus on what worked and what didn't. Why would I want to read someone whine about a game when I can just play that game, reach the first boss, and develop my own opinions on the game before their whining gets past the intro?

sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
VGR

This reminds me. You know what really grinds my gears as a gamer? VGR. I tried reading their recap on Final Fantasy 4. I gave up after five minutes. Why? Because it took five minutes of reading to cover the first minute of the game. They just went on and on about how the graphics are terrible compared to modern day, and how one sentence of exposition makes their patience run short (!), and how Cecil is antisocial like Squall (he's not). This recap isn't entertainment. It's just distilled whining. Yes, the game does have it's share of problems, but they prefer to complain about every single pixel rather than focus on what worked and what didn't. Why would I want to read someone whine about a game when I can just play that game, reach the first boss, and develop my own opinions on the game before their whining gets past the intro?

You do realize that none of those recaps are supposed to be taken seriously, right? It's just complaining about a game while recapping its events, making fun of the parts that make no sense (or exploding at them, rightfully) and filled with gay jokes, because by god, sometimes you HAVE to do that to get ANY fun out of the game.
Like I do for Ace Attorney. Phoenix and Edgey's intense lawyer-boners for each other is the only thing that makes me laugh happily in those games.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
VGR

You do realize that none of those recaps are supposed to be taken seriously, right? It's just complaining about a game while recapping its events, making fun of the parts that make no sense (or exploding at them, rightfully) and filled with gay jokes, because by god, sometimes you HAVE to do that to get ANY fun out of the game.
Like I do for Ace Attorney. Phoenix and Edgey's intense lawyer-boners for each other is the only thing that makes me laugh happily in those games.

C-A

If the recap was actually funny, I wouldn't be complaining. In the recap for FFIV, they're trying too hard to find something to complain about. Yes, FFIV has parts that don't make sense, but the recap was more focused on "OMG the graphics suck ass!" or "Cecil is totally Squall" (A few years ago, I saw a YouTube commenter claim FFIV copied FFVIII. Now I know where he got it from) or the constant gay jokes without any basis. Because that certainly doesn't get old fast. And I'll say it again. I can have more fun playing a game than I do reading about someone whining about playing the game. Hell, if I had the choice of reading a recap on a game I dislike with a passion or playing it, I'd take the latter any day of the week.

You know what my problem with IV was when I played it on the Super Nintendo? I got bored after 5 minutes. Seriously. I gave up playing it after 5 minutes. (Yes, at that time I was about... 10 years old or so?)

C-A
Page 2 of 13 [ 512 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station