Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 7 of 13[ 512 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title

kno whut grinds mah geerz??

People who play a game like LoL and don't stick to their designated team role. I see so many damn "tanks" dive in every chance they get and then whine when they get instantly exploded because the rest of the team didn't follow up on their telepathic signal. Guess what, morons, that's not a tank's primary role. Your role is to peel the enemy team off your team's squishy characters so THEY can survive long enough to deal damage. What you're doing is playing a bruiser, and if you're going to do that, pick someone like Xin Zhao or Vi, not a dedicated tank like Amumu or Leona.

Ace Explorer

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

People who play a game like LoL and don't stick to their designated team role. I see so many damn "tanks" dive in every chance they get and then whine when they get instantly exploded because the rest of the team didn't follow up on their telepathic signal. Guess what, morons, that's not a tank's primary role. Your role is to peel the enemy team off your team's squishy characters so THEY can survive long enough to deal damage. What you're doing is playing a bruiser, and if you're going to do that, pick someone like Xin Zhao or Vi, not a dedicated tank like Amumu or Leona.

I guess I haven't noticed that too much... Then again, I'm a n0b who does Co-op vs. AI, and I usually play with a friend of mine.
But I can see how that would get annoying, especially if you're more into PVP.
Well? Are we going or what?

It's not like I play ranked or anything myself, but when the same sort of thing happens nearly every game, it gets a little aggravating.

Plus I play support a lot so that probably compounds frustration since I'm the one that gets blamed when teammates die. Sorry, can only do so much when you're being suicidal. :yogi:

I get that. I generally go for Mage or Support classes (or classes that can melee but aren't damage-takers) and I overall play alone, so I don't have to worry about keeping someone healed or whatever. Few times I did play the damager classes, I tended to pick the dealers, rather than taker classes.
And fortunately, in Ragnarok Online, when I did group up with people as a mage or priest, the group knew any Swordsman, Merchant and maybe even Thief class goes to pull monsters, Mages and Support stay in the camp place. And as the priest, keep yourself buffed, then your party so you know when your buff goes down, the others are about to do so, too.

C-A

PSA to the people who put a half dozen Square One Mats in their Super Secret Base and/or stand in front of their flag so you're FORCED to invite them to your base if you want the flag: Knock it off. You're not funny. You're not clever. You're douchebags and you're getting your bases deleted immediately.

Also, quit being Ace Trainers 95% of the time. I'm sure you think you're totally awesome, but if you get over yourselves and pick a trainer class that doesn't have shit special skills, maybe people will actually WANT you to be their Secret Pals.

You know, a Mario game!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

That same problem happens a lot in TF2. For instance, I often see people playing as Scout or Heavy trying to pick off enemies from a distance, when that's clearly a Sniper's job.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account

Gettin' Old!

dimentiorules wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

That same problem happens a lot in TF2. For instance, I often see people playing as Scout or Heavy trying to pick off enemies from a distance, when that's clearly a Sniper's job.

Eh they give you a pistol, that's reasonably long ranged and reasonably accurate. More bullets shot at the enemy > less bullets shot at the enemy.

Just so long as they aren't staying still and trying to snipe with a pistol. Fire as you go Scouts.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Real Human Being

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

>Amumu should not engage
>Leona should not engage
>we need "bruisers" to engage
>not knowing a good initiation when you see it.

Here's how a good teamfight goes

Tank initiates
Tank TANKS the spells
team FOLLOWS UP
Enemy team has no spells
enemy team wiped out

There are 3 types of damage dealers in League

There is BURST, DPS, and TANK

BURST > DPS
Burst destroys DPS before they can get their full damage out

DPS > TANK
DPS can continuously do damage, without long cooldowns, meaning there is never a point when it is "safe" for the enemy

TANK > BURST

A burst is like a cannon, it was ONE POWERFUL STRIKE and then it needs to be reloaded
A tank can absorb a cannon, what else does a burst have after their kit is gone?
Nothing

If a tank can absorb that ONE STRIKE then you win

So yeah, Bruisers should do the peeling, tanks do the engaging

900 games as Wukong jungle, I am the Tank, I am the instigator, I AM THE ONE WHO ENGAGES

shut up flanders

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Square Enix's logic regarding Tomb Raider 2013
- Sells over 3 million copies, best rated and highest grossing Tomb Raider game: is a failure
- Makes sequel an Xbox One exclusive, despite better sales on the PC and PS3/4, separately

The Real Human Being

MBr wrote:
Square Enix's logic regarding Tomb Raider 2013
- Sells over 3 million copies, best rated and highest grossing Tomb Raider game: is a failure
- Makes sequel an Xbox One exclusive, despite better sales on the PC and PS3/4, separately

That's Microsoft Shilling at work, not anything Square thought was a "good idea"

They'll do ANYTHING to make the Xbone sell, including getting on their knees for a top quality third party producer like... Square.....

what the hell Microsoft, you go for SQUARE?!

What's so wrong with Square? They still make good games.
Also, could say the same, how dare Microsoft obtain exclusivity for the first IM@S game just to try to sell the 360 in Japan? Bad enough that they were allowed to do that, since they edited out the fact that Ami and Mami have Gameboy Advance consoles because IT'S NOT OUR CONSOLE ZOMG NO DELETE DELETE! SAKUJO!

C-A

The Real Human Being

CatMuto wrote:
What's so wrong with Square? They still make good games.
Also, could say the same, how dare Microsoft obtain exclusivity for the first IM@S game just to try to sell the 360 in Japan? Bad enough that they were allowed to do that, since they edited out the fact that Ami and Mami have Gameboy Advance consoles because IT'S NOT OUR CONSOLE ZOMG NO DELETE DELETE! SAKUJO!

C-A

>MFW all consoles pull this shit
>MFW even third party producers do it too
>MFW all the butthurt Xbone and Gaystation4 players not getting Bayonetta 2
>MFW the "3DS Exclusive" Resident Evil: Revelations getting released on steam and other consoles
>MFW companies will do anything to earn our shekels
>MFW the worst possible thing they've done is disk locked "DLC"

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

DLC Costumes. Once upon a time, those were rewards for finishing the game, earning skill points (like in Ratchet & Clank), or stumbling upon a cheat code that unlocked the costume.

If they're free, I don't mind. Roll and all her costumes were technically DLC for Mega Man: Powered Up, but they were free, so all you needed was wifi to get them. Considering how ridiculously difficult it was to unlock Proto Man, I'm glad they eventually made it to where you could "download" him too.

Another thing that bugs me is when various aspects of a game are exclusive to certain consoles, like console-exclusive playble characters. What if I own one system, but I like the exclusives on the other console better than the ones they gave my console? It's just not cool.

Enoshima Junko-chan!

It disappoints me that Sonic is abandoning the Generations style of gameplay. They finally had something good after floundering around for over 5 years, and now they're back to making mediocre games.

And also, keep microtransactions out of our games.

Hyrule Warriors demanding I UNLOCK the DLC Pack's customes via Adventure Maps. I'm already sick and tired of having to do that shit on the regular Adventure Map, now you force me to do MORE Adventure Maps on the Twilight Map so I can have a fucking COLOR SWAP of a costume?!

C-A

Surf's Up!

The game isn't forcing you or demanding you to do anything. It's completely optional.

NinjaMonkey wrote:
The game isn't forcing you or demanding you to do anything. It's completely optional.

It's a costume and I want it. To be specific, it's a COLOR SWAP and I have to unlock it. THAT'S what's bothering me so much about this. It's a fucking color swap, someone went into photoshop and took the color tool, selected the costume and brushed it over with the new color. Why do I need to UNLOCK that?

A regular, real differences in appearance costume like a new design, that I would understand having to unlock. Yet funnily enough, Hyrule Warriors just GIVES me those. Oh sure, new costumes I can have instantly. Color Swaps? Nuh-uh, you gotta work your ass off for those. Especially on the Twilight Map where your character should be Level 150+ so they can decently survive this shit.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
NinjaMonkey wrote:

It's a costume and I want it. To be specific, it's a COLOR SWAP and I have to unlock it. THAT'S what's bothering me so much about this. It's a fucking color swap, someone went into photoshop and took the color tool, selected the costume and brushed it over with the new color. Why do I need to UNLOCK that?

Y'know...I can hear the anger in you writing this but all an all...that seems perfectly fine as a random unlock. Seems the norm in gaming for ages actually.

If you had to go shell out money just for the costume and download it THEN I'd understand a bit of anger but unlocking colour swaps through gameplay seems a tried and tested mechanic...especially for the "Warriors" style of games.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Y'know...I can hear the anger in you writing this but all an all...that seems perfectly fine as a random unlock. Seems the norm in gaming for ages actually.

If you had to go shell out money just for the costume and download it THEN I'd understand a bit of anger but unlocking colour swaps through gameplay seems a tried and tested mechanic...especially for the "Warriors" style of games.

But they are! These color swaps are only available if you bought the DLC packs!

When I bought the Skyward and Twilight Princess costumes, I got those immediately and that was just the corresponding game's outfit for Link and Zelda. Strangely enough, when I bought the Master Quest DLC, Lana and Cia got new outfits and those were available as soon as I started the game post-download.

The color swaps from those DLC packs (or, in the Termina Map's case, Masks... fucking MASKS) for the characters I HAVE TO UNLOCK VIA GAMEPLAY! I don't get it. Why the hell do I have to work for color swaps? If I got actual costume changes via playing the game, ones that change the appearance, I wouldn't mind. Look at Dead Or Alive, I can unlock a good dozen costumes for majority of the characters by repeatedly playing through Time Attack or Arcade mode. But there, it's okay cause it's always an entirely different outfit (some are color swaps, yes, but for the most part they are different outfits).

Here... I PAID to download this into my game and THEN I have to unlock it by walking through the damn Adventure Map AGAIN to get to the right square where the outfit will be AND make sure I have the goddamn correct ITEM to use on that square so I UNLOCK that damn outfit AS A REWARD.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

But they are! These color swaps are only available if you bought the DLC packs!

When I bought the Skyward and Twilight Princess costumes, I got those immediately and that was just the corresponding game's outfit for Link and Zelda. Strangely enough, when I bought the Master Quest DLC, Lana and Cia got new outfits and those were available as soon as I started the game post-download.

The color swaps from those DLC packs (or, in the Termina Map's case, Masks... fucking MASKS) for the characters I HAVE TO UNLOCK VIA GAMEPLAY! I don't get it. Why the hell do I have to work for color swaps? If I got actual costume changes via playing the game, ones that change the appearance, I wouldn't mind. Look at Dead Or Alive, I can unlock a good dozen costumes for majority of the characters by repeatedly playing through Time Attack or Arcade mode. But there, it's okay cause it's always an entirely different outfit (some are color swaps, yes, but for the most part they are different outfits).

Here... I PAID to download this into my game and THEN I have to unlock it by walking through the damn Adventure Map AGAIN to get to the right square where the outfit will be AND make sure I have the goddamn correct ITEM to use on that square so I UNLOCK that damn outfit AS A REWARD.

C-A

Well no...you didn't pay JUST for colour swaps, you paid for maps for more gameplay and additional characters with some costumes as unlockable bonuses. A few costumes you do get for free with it but the small colour swaps you need to unlock and aren't advertised with the DLC.

There's a few costume changes advertised. However as someone who's got DLC for this game before you they GIVE you the advertised costumes upfront when you pay for DLC.

So no...you did NOT pay for colour swaps...they are an added bonus, and since the dawn of time are small things you unlock through gameplay.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You know, a Mario game!

TheDoctor wrote:
DLC Costumes. Once upon a time, those were rewards for finishing the game, earning skill points (like in Ratchet & Clank), or stumbling upon a cheat code that unlocked the costume.

If they're free, I don't mind. Roll and all her costumes were technically DLC for Mega Man: Powered Up, but they were free, so all you needed was wifi to get them. Considering how ridiculously difficult it was to unlock Proto Man, I'm glad they eventually made it to where you could "download" him too.

Another thing that bugs me is when various aspects of a game are exclusive to certain consoles, like console-exclusive playble characters. What if I own one system, but I like the exclusives on the other console better than the ones they gave my console? It's just not cool.

Speaking of Mega Man Powered Up, that game totally should have gotten a sequel. I'd love to see the rest of the classic games remade, but unfortunately it didn't sell well. Probably because the PSP also sold like crap. If Capcom knew better, they'd put in on the DS.
My Twitter Account

Coffee loving prosecutor

I personally hate when you are enjoying a game and the foolish fool that was in charge of it decided to tell you "oops, you didn't gather all the so called optional collectible items, so replay the whole game if you want to see the ending! ;D"

The same applies to "Huh, what happened? Is that you are not man enough to beat this game on hard?"
Why don't you tell me that I have to collect the apparently optional items spread along the stages in order to beat the final boss BEFORE I start the game?

Godot_#107 wrote:
I personally hate when you are enjoying a game and the foolish fool that was in charge of it decided to tell you "oops, you didn't gather all the so called optional collectible items, so replay the whole game if you want to see the ending! ;D"

The same applies to "Huh, what happened? Is that you are not man enough to beat this game on hard?"
Why don't you tell me that I have to collect the apparently optional items spread along the stages in order to beat the final boss BEFORE I start the game?

Cause replayability. And it makes an attempt at getting your complestionist side.

C-A

Coffee loving prosecutor

I am not a very completionist gamer. It is a bother having to backtrack every inch to find what you are looking for. I prefer repleyability that doesnt't force.me to play the whole game to watch the ending. If it is optional I'm completely fine with it.

You know, a Mario game!

Are you talking about, say, most of the older Kirby games, where in order to fight the real final boss you have to collect a bunch of stuff? I don't mind that, as I usually try to grab everything my first run through.
My Twitter Account

Enoshima Junko-chan!

Always online games, especially mobile ones.

Convenience? What's that?

Coffee loving prosecutor

dimentiorules wrote:
Are you talking about, say, most of the older Kirby games, where in order to fight the real final boss you have to collect a bunch of stuff? I don't mind that, as I usually try to grab everything my first run through.

Not a bunch of stuff. I played one Kirby game that forced me to collect only 4 items, I think. But when they get carried away about collecting everything, no thanks.

Godot_#107 wrote:

Here's something on a related note. There's this JRPG called Cross Edge on PS3 that has a bunch of characters from Capcom, NIS, Gust, and a few other companies. Sounds neat, but the game is nearly impossible unless you know exactly what to do. I only made it a half hour in before I couldn't beat the regular mobs anymore (later on I found out you have to know to gather specific materials to get Vitality Rings. The game doesn't give you any sort of hints about this, you just have to know or spend forever trying different things out.)

The worst part, though, is getting the True Ending. Here's a step-by-step walkthrough on how to do it:

Spoiler:
1. Hot Spring Event 1

After you recruit Felicia in 2-1, head south and then east from the first save point. Search at the edge of the land for the "Gasping Fish Beneath the Ice" event.

2. Marie's Alchemy Event 1

From the 2nd Save Point in 3-1, head east into the forest there and search for the "Comedic Tragedy of 'F'". It's sometimes possible to get Shurelia to join you before watching this event, so if you have her but haven't seen this one, better get to it.

3. Ayatane's Betrayal Event 1

From the 2nd Save Point in 3-1, go past the forest to the south and search between the two towns down here for the "Scarlet Noella" event.

4. Defeat Lazarus

In 3-1, when you get to the "Twin Canumares" event you'll fight Lazarus. You MUST defeat him before 5 turns are up, or the battle will end prematurely. You MUST reduce him to 0 HP (or OK, or whatever, but actually destroy him -- This is recommended for all of his battles, actually).

5. Demitri and Lilith's Event 1

In 2-2, when you trigger the "Tragedy Beneath the Moon" event you'll fight both Demitri and Lilith. Defeat Lilith and only her. In fact, you might want to even avoid Demitri completely.

6. Hot Spring Event 2

After you first reach 2-2, head back down to 2-1 to the Spies' Quickness save point. Go around the mountain west of you, and search just outside that forest on the other side for the "Ancient Volcanic Water" event.

7. Ayatane's Betrayal Event 2

In 2-2, after the "Ancient Volcanic Water" event, head east and down to those little islands from the tower you came in. In the last one, search for the "Neverending Fantasy" event. This must be done before the 1st Augustine battle.

8. Marie's Alchemy Event 2

In 2-2, after you go up to the forest in the middle of the area and then down the left path, search southwest in this particular region to find the "Thorough Purging" event.

Intermission: You'll fight your first battle against Augustine here. Most say you can beat him (and pretty sure you can, anyway). But if you are really paranoic, you can just play it safe and only kill his minions.

9. Troy's Memories Event 1 (Or rather, battle)

In 1-2, when you trigger the "Emma Loage Forest" event, you'll fight both Troy and Anesha. Defeat only Anesha and the battle will end, and that's what you want. (It is suggested you only kill Anesha in any future battles, regardless.)

10. Marie's Alchemy Event 3

In 1-2, after the battle with Troy, head to the northwest edge, right next to the snow mountains (literally, on the edge of the world) and search for the "Dale Wenso" event.

11. Demitri and Lilith's Event 2

After the battle with Troy in 1-2, head down to the Ferryman's Hideout in 2-1. Head south and inch and search at the top of the forest for the "Forest of the Ice Butterfly" event.

12. Ayatane's Betrayal Event 3

In 1-3, there's this sort of island on the northeast side of the map. Search in the middle of it for the "Gi LaMensa" event.

13. Hot Spring Event 3

After you reach 2-3, find a Save Point and then move down to the Manor at Len Mountains in 1-1. Stick to the mountain as you head south, searching along the way to find the "Niu Spa" event. If you can't find it, you can go and fight with Reicher firs then try again.

14. Marie's Alchemy Event 4

After the battle with Reicher (not a requirement, just using it as a landmark), head north past the disappearing tablet. Then search an inch south of the forest-surrounded mountain to find the "Disappointed Inquiry" event.

Intermission: You'll fight your 2nd Troy/Anesha battle here. I still say to play it safe and just kill Anesha.

15. Marie's Alchemy Event 5

After the 2nd battle with Troy (again, using it as a landmark), head southwest. See that little town that is almost surrounded by forest? Search an inch southwest of it for the "Sheritun de Mollet Guinea" event.

16. Avoid Augustine

When you trigger the "Tegnieri's Cage" event, you'll fight Lazarus, after which he will join you. Immediately, you'll fight Augustine. For this round, DO NOT touch him. Just defeat his minions.

17. Marie's Alchemy Event 6 (COMPLETE)

In 3-3, after you witness both events near the first save point, head by Bel Canto's exit and search in the forest there for the "Overwhelming Enea's Square" event. York and Marie will have to fight a lot of bees here too.

18. Ayatane's Betrayal Event 4

In 3-3, after the lower right tablet disappears, search by the north side of the town clusters in the middle of the area for the "Nikran Fire Spot" event.

19. Hot Spring Event 4

As soon as you enter Fett Road in 3-3, exit and go to Nefteg's Tower. Head to forest east of it and search for the event, "Rofia Spring".

20. Demitri and Lilith's Event 3

Once you get to 4-1, either go back through the tower or do this RIGHT AFTER you fight Jedah. Head down to Traveler's Distance in 2-3. And search at the edge of the forest west of you for the "Wailing Evergreen" event. After you see that one, jump down to Hideout of the Moon in 2-2, and search southwest of the tower that leads to 2-3 for the "Eclipse of the Empress" event.

21. Demitri and Lilith's Event 4 (COMPLETE)

After you battle them in 4-1, they'll join you.

22. Mikoto and the Siblings

As soon as you step into 4-2, head east and hug the edge of the world as you go north. Search at the end for the "Jill Elino Flash" event.

23. Troy's Message

In 4-2, after the first story event (with Judas, Jedah, the siblings, Ayatane and Miko), head to the top left of the area, moving behind some buildings and out of sight. Search up here for the "Rend Boundary" event.

24. Noin Split

In 4-2, after the previous event, keep going past the tablet. When you start going east and south, at the end there's a circle with a square "cutout" in it. Search by what would be 12 o'clock on that circle for this event. The next event you need to see is on a circular trigger, so you can't miss it.

25. Ayatane's Betrayal 5 (COMPLETE)

When you are on the jailbreak scenario, using Ayatane, Troy and Miko, you must not let either Troy or Ayatane to die, at all. Reviving them doesn't count, if they ever touch the ground, reload. This seems to only matter against the Judas/Jedah fight, but play it safe and do this for all battles.

NOTE: By this point, you can check if you are on the right path. After the jailbreak is over (and you are back with York), go to a save point, check the database and look at the titles. If titles 31~50 and 72~80 are showing, you are on the true end, congratulations. If they aren't showing up, you did something wrong. Better luck next time.

26. Ayatane's Health

In 4-3, search west of the tower leading to 5-1 to find the "Forsaken Echt" event. This will only happen if you are on the true end, and will prevent Ayatane from dying later on.

27. Triplets Rejoined

If you are on the true route, when you enter the tower that leads to Ida (5-1), Vivi should join you.

28. Hot Springs Event 5

As soon as you enter the tower leading to 5-1 (and Vivi joins you, if), head back out. Go behind the tower and wiggle your way up to the next platform, search the northeast corner for the "Respell Bath" event.

29. Hot Springs Event 6 (COMPLETE)

After you load your true end data, search where you are to get Raizen and Lazarus back. Then head east, but go north before you cross a bridge over the lava. Search up here for the "Spring of Overflowing Sea". And that's it.

You just have to know to do all of that correctly, and if you screw up one thing, you're locked out of the True End.

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Godot_#107 wrote:

Here's something on a related note. There's this JRPG called Cross Edge on PS3 that has a bunch of characters from Capcom, NIS, Gust, and a few other companies. Sounds neat, but the game is nearly impossible unless you know exactly what to do. I only made it a half hour in before I couldn't beat the regular mobs anymore (later on I found out you have to know to gather specific materials to get Vitality Rings. The game doesn't give you any sort of hints about this, you just have to know or spend forever trying different things out.)

The worst part, though, is getting the True Ending. Here's a step-by-step walkthrough on how to do it:

Spoiler:
1. Hot Spring Event 1

After you recruit Felicia in 2-1, head south and then east from the first save point. Search at the edge of the land for the "Gasping Fish Beneath the Ice" event.

2. Marie's Alchemy Event 1

From the 2nd Save Point in 3-1, head east into the forest there and search for the "Comedic Tragedy of 'F'". It's sometimes possible to get Shurelia to join you before watching this event, so if you have her but haven't seen this one, better get to it.

3. Ayatane's Betrayal Event 1

From the 2nd Save Point in 3-1, go past the forest to the south and search between the two towns down here for the "Scarlet Noella" event.

4. Defeat Lazarus

In 3-1, when you get to the "Twin Canumares" event you'll fight Lazarus. You MUST defeat him before 5 turns are up, or the battle will end prematurely. You MUST reduce him to 0 HP (or OK, or whatever, but actually destroy him -- This is recommended for all of his battles, actually).

5. Demitri and Lilith's Event 1

In 2-2, when you trigger the "Tragedy Beneath the Moon" event you'll fight both Demitri and Lilith. Defeat Lilith and only her. In fact, you might want to even avoid Demitri completely.

6. Hot Spring Event 2

After you first reach 2-2, head back down to 2-1 to the Spies' Quickness save point. Go around the mountain west of you, and search just outside that forest on the other side for the "Ancient Volcanic Water" event.

7. Ayatane's Betrayal Event 2

In 2-2, after the "Ancient Volcanic Water" event, head east and down to those little islands from the tower you came in. In the last one, search for the "Neverending Fantasy" event. This must be done before the 1st Augustine battle.

8. Marie's Alchemy Event 2

In 2-2, after you go up to the forest in the middle of the area and then down the left path, search southwest in this particular region to find the "Thorough Purging" event.

Intermission: You'll fight your first battle against Augustine here. Most say you can beat him (and pretty sure you can, anyway). But if you are really paranoic, you can just play it safe and only kill his minions.

9. Troy's Memories Event 1 (Or rather, battle)

In 1-2, when you trigger the "Emma Loage Forest" event, you'll fight both Troy and Anesha. Defeat only Anesha and the battle will end, and that's what you want. (It is suggested you only kill Anesha in any future battles, regardless.)

10. Marie's Alchemy Event 3

In 1-2, after the battle with Troy, head to the northwest edge, right next to the snow mountains (literally, on the edge of the world) and search for the "Dale Wenso" event.

11. Demitri and Lilith's Event 2

After the battle with Troy in 1-2, head down to the Ferryman's Hideout in 2-1. Head south and inch and search at the top of the forest for the "Forest of the Ice Butterfly" event.

12. Ayatane's Betrayal Event 3

In 1-3, there's this sort of island on the northeast side of the map. Search in the middle of it for the "Gi LaMensa" event.

13. Hot Spring Event 3

After you reach 2-3, find a Save Point and then move down to the Manor at Len Mountains in 1-1. Stick to the mountain as you head south, searching along the way to find the "Niu Spa" event. If you can't find it, you can go and fight with Reicher firs then try again.

14. Marie's Alchemy Event 4

After the battle with Reicher (not a requirement, just using it as a landmark), head north past the disappearing tablet. Then search an inch south of the forest-surrounded mountain to find the "Disappointed Inquiry" event.

Intermission: You'll fight your 2nd Troy/Anesha battle here. I still say to play it safe and just kill Anesha.

15. Marie's Alchemy Event 5

After the 2nd battle with Troy (again, using it as a landmark), head southwest. See that little town that is almost surrounded by forest? Search an inch southwest of it for the "Sheritun de Mollet Guinea" event.

16. Avoid Augustine

When you trigger the "Tegnieri's Cage" event, you'll fight Lazarus, after which he will join you. Immediately, you'll fight Augustine. For this round, DO NOT touch him. Just defeat his minions.

17. Marie's Alchemy Event 6 (COMPLETE)

In 3-3, after you witness both events near the first save point, head by Bel Canto's exit and search in the forest there for the "Overwhelming Enea's Square" event. York and Marie will have to fight a lot of bees here too.

18. Ayatane's Betrayal Event 4

In 3-3, after the lower right tablet disappears, search by the north side of the town clusters in the middle of the area for the "Nikran Fire Spot" event.

19. Hot Spring Event 4

As soon as you enter Fett Road in 3-3, exit and go to Nefteg's Tower. Head to forest east of it and search for the event, "Rofia Spring".

20. Demitri and Lilith's Event 3

Once you get to 4-1, either go back through the tower or do this RIGHT AFTER you fight Jedah. Head down to Traveler's Distance in 2-3. And search at the edge of the forest west of you for the "Wailing Evergreen" event. After you see that one, jump down to Hideout of the Moon in 2-2, and search southwest of the tower that leads to 2-3 for the "Eclipse of the Empress" event.

21. Demitri and Lilith's Event 4 (COMPLETE)

After you battle them in 4-1, they'll join you.

22. Mikoto and the Siblings

As soon as you step into 4-2, head east and hug the edge of the world as you go north. Search at the end for the "Jill Elino Flash" event.

23. Troy's Message

In 4-2, after the first story event (with Judas, Jedah, the siblings, Ayatane and Miko), head to the top left of the area, moving behind some buildings and out of sight. Search up here for the "Rend Boundary" event.

24. Noin Split

In 4-2, after the previous event, keep going past the tablet. When you start going east and south, at the end there's a circle with a square "cutout" in it. Search by what would be 12 o'clock on that circle for this event. The next event you need to see is on a circular trigger, so you can't miss it.

25. Ayatane's Betrayal 5 (COMPLETE)

When you are on the jailbreak scenario, using Ayatane, Troy and Miko, you must not let either Troy or Ayatane to die, at all. Reviving them doesn't count, if they ever touch the ground, reload. This seems to only matter against the Judas/Jedah fight, but play it safe and do this for all battles.

NOTE: By this point, you can check if you are on the right path. After the jailbreak is over (and you are back with York), go to a save point, check the database and look at the titles. If titles 31~50 and 72~80 are showing, you are on the true end, congratulations. If they aren't showing up, you did something wrong. Better luck next time.

26. Ayatane's Health

In 4-3, search west of the tower leading to 5-1 to find the "Forsaken Echt" event. This will only happen if you are on the true end, and will prevent Ayatane from dying later on.

27. Triplets Rejoined

If you are on the true route, when you enter the tower that leads to Ida (5-1), Vivi should join you.

28. Hot Springs Event 5

As soon as you enter the tower leading to 5-1 (and Vivi joins you, if), head back out. Go behind the tower and wiggle your way up to the next platform, search the northeast corner for the "Respell Bath" event.

29. Hot Springs Event 6 (COMPLETE)

After you load your true end data, search where you are to get Raizen and Lazarus back. Then head east, but go north before you cross a bridge over the lava. Search up here for the "Spring of Overflowing Sea". And that's it.

You just have to know to do all of that correctly, and if you screw up one thing, you're locked out of the True End.

Damn that's crazy complex! And it gives you no clues?

I'm intrigued by the concept of this game but that's absurd. Is it out in Europe?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

It looks like it was released in Europe but it might be hard as hell to find at this point.

And yeah, as far as I know, the game doesn't clue you in on anything. I think a lot of modern games could cut back on the hand-holding, but there's a difference between letting you figure things out and throwing you to the wolves, too.

Coffee loving prosecutor

Wow, it looks like one of those old school games like Zelda or Castlevania II in which you need "the power" to get the good ending... Or the ending alone.
It reminds me of one of the stupidest game design decisions i have ever seen in a game.

In Mega Man Zero on the GBA youcan beat the stages in the order you want, and at the end you will encounter a boss.
If you die, you fail the mission. Makes sense, right?
Fail too many times and you get stuck in a zone you select the missions from. Forever. And you have to restart the game, of course.

Gettin' Old!

Godot_#107 wrote:
Wow, it looks like one of those old school games like Zelda or Castlevania II in which you need "the power" to get the good ending... Or the ending alone.
It reminds me of one of the stupidest game design decisions i have ever seen in a game.

In Mega Man Zero on the GBA youcan beat the stages in the order you want, and at the end you will encounter a boss.
Fail too many times and you get stuck in a zone you select the missions from. Forever. And you have to restart the game, of course.

Good thing I didn't suck that much on megaman zero xP. Hard game too.

Then again I was playing the DS compilation at the time so maybe they worked that bug out by then.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Coffee loving prosecutor

Pierre wrote:
Godot_#107 wrote:

Good thing I didn't suck that much on megaman zero xP. Hard game too.

Then again I was playing the DS compilation at the time so maybe they worked that bug out by then.

Yeah, I am more skilled now, but it's still bullsh*t. And it was not a bug, I think. The game tells you the base is under attack a couple of time. I think the third time they warn you there's no scape and you cannot leave the base.

I've felt worse.

Mine cart sections. So many times in platformers, they just boil down to "memorize this."
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

I hate it when people just say "Hurr durr, just get a second player to do this for/with you".

Pisses me off, because these people sound like assholes who don't seem to consider that not everyone has a hoard of friends who play videogames. Some have friends who play videogames, but not the kind that you like to play. And some don't have any friends, period. Or anyone in the family who plays games who could join you and help out.

Also, what happens to sense of accomplishment? What kind of accomplishment is that if I try to "cheap cheat" my way through a difficult level just by grabbing another player and cut the difficulty in half? That's not gonna make me feel better that I finally overcame this hurdle.

C-A

Coffee loving prosecutor

CatMuto wrote:
I hate it when people just say "Hurr durr, just get a second player to do this for/with you".

Pisses me off, because these people sound like assholes who don't seem to consider that not everyone has a hoard of friends who play videogames. Some have friends who play videogames, but not the kind that you like to play. And some don't have any friends, period. Or anyone in the family who plays games who could join you and help out.

Also, what happens to sense of accomplishment? What kind of accomplishment is that if I try to "cheap cheat" my way through a difficult level just by grabbing another player and cut the difficulty in half? That's not gonna make me feel better that I finally overcame this hurdle.

C-A

I don't really think that is being cheap because that's the way the game was made. But yeah, it happens to me, I don't have friends who like my games. Also I think gqmes should be singlepayer with a multiplayer option and not the other way around.

That's the thing. Hyrule Warriors seems like a Single Player game with optional 2 Player. And from what I understand, it's also with online co-op on missions, but I don't quite get how that works (at least I never had them pop up with me).

So for something like Dynasty/Hyrule Warriors, I don't think playing with 2 Players - especially if the 2 Player option is told to me to be "Pick the main character as 1P and then pick your best as 2P, have 1P stand around doing nothing and control 2P to actually do the quest objective" - was the intention.

C-A

You know what really grinds me gears as a gamer? Fucking darkness everywhere in Horror games.

Darkness isn't scary. As I've said before, it doesn't make things scary, it just pisses me off cause I don't know what's going on. Not scary. Annoying. You know why I'm liking DreadOut so much? Cause it has ATMOSPHERICAL tension! Which I think is helped by the fact that majority of the time, there's no soundtrack. No music playing, except maybe some ambient sound like crickets, mice or similar.

It unfortunately also goes the way to make things very dark and difficult to see, but for the most part, I just feel tense even watching someone else playing the game because the atmosphere is tense, uncomfortable and keeps you on your toes. I'm just about to finish watching an LP of that game and this game, despite my knowing that SOMETHING will happen soon, managed to give me at least 2 good jumps. I knew something creepy was gonna happen, yet I still jumped because the atmosphere made helped. (Y'all can take your FNAF, I'll keep my DreadOut. The really scary one.)

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
You know what really grinds me gears as a gamer? Fucking darkness everywhere in Horror games.

Darkness isn't scary. As I've said before, it doesn't make things scary, it just pisses me off cause I don't know what's going on. Not scary. Annoying. You know why I'm liking DreadOut so much? Cause it has ATMOSPHERICAL tension! Which I think is helped by the fact that majority of the time, there's no soundtrack. No music playing, except maybe some ambient sound like crickets, mice or similar.

It unfortunately also goes the way to make things very dark and difficult to see, but for the most part, I just feel tense even watching someone else playing the game because the atmosphere is tense, uncomfortable and keeps you on your toes. I'm just about to finish watching an LP of that game and this game, despite my knowing that SOMETHING will happen soon, managed to give me at least 2 good jumps. I knew something creepy was gonna happen, yet I still jumped because the atmosphere made helped. (Y'all can take your FNAF, I'll keep my DreadOut. The really scary one.)

C-A

You know lighting is totally a part of atmosphere...

Nothing is Scarier

Darkness creates a space of "nothing". It's a blank canvas for mankind to paint it's horrors onto. Do you know what's in front of you? No it could be something waiting to kill you. There could be something moving just outside your field of view limited by darkness..

You can't say "Darkness isn't scary but Atmosphere is scary" because lighting is a whole part of generating atmosphere.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 7 of 13 [ 512 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station