Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 3 of 13[ 512 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
You know what my problem with IV was when I played it on the Super Nintendo? I got bored after 5 minutes. Seriously. I gave up playing it after 5 minutes. (Yes, at that time I was about... 10 years old or so?)

C-A

Based on your history with games I think it's more your disposition rather than the game to blame with for this one.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
You know what my problem with IV was when I played it on the Super Nintendo? I got bored after 5 minutes. Seriously. I gave up playing it after 5 minutes. (Yes, at that time I was about... 10 years old or so?)

C-A

That was my problem with FFXIII. The game starts, and all we see is a cutscene of Matrix-esque action which we know we will never get to replicate in-game. I mean, look at this. I can't be the only one who was disappointed that the only gravity based power Light could use in gameplay was not taking fall damage.

We're getting off-topic aren't we? No we're not. Because you know what really grinds my gears as a gamer? Cutscenes which feature the characters performing feats which are unattainable through normal gameplay. They may look awesome, but they just break the flow.
Spoiler: for lots of games
Why can't I use more gravity based powers in FFXIII? Why is blitzball kept in two dimensions? Why can't I kill Space Pirates in one hit? Why can't Blaze shoot fireballs normally? How the hell did Yukari use Garu in a cutscene when all she knew was Dia?

Edit: WAIT A FUCK
CatMuto wrote:
The only thing I don't condone is playing a game for barely an hour and then saying it's shit. I felt like saying the battle system for Graces was shit during the childhood arc because it was literally mashing X over and over with directions as an option to kill things. But I told myself it would improve, that it definitely wouldn't remain so simple later on - after the childhood arc, the battle system became more intricate.
Same with XIII, by the way.

That's exactly what you did with FFIV.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Last edited by tiger_festival on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Speaking of cutscene powers in RPGs that can't be done in game, take the basic thing, jumping. In cutscenes, characters can jump however high they want. However, in-game, nope, you can't get over that knee high wall to go grab that one treasure. You have to take the loooooong way around, and probably have to face many, many random encounters before you can nab the thing. What could have taken 5 seconds just took you 10 minutes. Congrats.

Also, it's really fun if you get suck in an area behind an NPC and it takes them 5 minutes to finally move out of the way to proceed, making those 5 minutes seem like an eternity. And make sure you pay attention because if you miss that little brief moment of when they're out of the way, that's just going to be another long, gut-wrenching wait for them to move again.

Granted, this is just me ranting on about old RPGs. A lot of newer RPGs have seemed to have done a bit better with this.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Quote:
That's exactly what you did with FFIV.

I'm not saying IV is shit, nor will you hear me say it. I'm just saying that it didn't grip me. And as I said, I was rather young at that point, short attention span and I HAD just come from VI, which is a pretty long game, after all. Next to young age, I was probably exhausted with large RPG stories and all. And I haven't attempted to play IV again, so I can't say "I tried it again and it bored me"

Heck, I still have such moments. I'm currently finding it difficult to play games with lots of texts cause I just exhausted myself with Danganronpa.

Quote:
Why can't I use more gravity based powers in FFXIII?

Lightning was the only one who had such a gravity device in the beginning and it broke. Remember?

Quote:
How the hell did Yukari use Garu in a cutscene when all she knew was Dia?

Cause she's a manipulative little whorebag, d'uh.

This overall problem is called Gameplay and Story Segregation.

Quote:
Also, it's really fun if you get suck in an area behind an NPC and it takes them 5 minutes to finally move out of the way

*shudder* That stupid crab in that one harbor in Tales of Phantasia...

I would have a Grind to mention, but it's almost 2 AM and I'm pretty tired right now, so it'll have to wait I guess.

C-A

I've felt worse.

Quote:
This overall problem is called Gameplay and Story Segregation.

Yes, it is. Games need to stop treating gameplay and story like two separate things. To quote these guys, "games can't tell their story through disconnected segments of gameplay strung together by cutscenes. Games need to tell their story through the gameplay."
CatMuto wrote:
Quote:
Why can't I use more gravity based powers in FFXIII?

Lightning was the only one who had such a gravity device in the beginning and it broke. Remember?

'Cause that's real good game design. Oh look at Light do all these insane moves with her gravity device! You want to do that? Nope! It's broken. But don't worry. You can always keep pressing X over and over again. Seriously though, dropping the gravity based powers from the game was one of the worse decisions made during development. And if it broke, then how is she not taking fall damage?
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

In Justice We Trust

You know what really grinds my gears? Broken game mechanics. I am sick of the decadence mechanic in Crusader Kings II. Relative goes decadent? No problem, I can just straighten him up. Problem solved, right? Nope! He almost inevitably regresses a few years later, only now I can't straighten him up, leaving me with the option of imprisoning him, which I incur tyranny for, or murdering him, which usually costs money and bears the risk of me getting caught (and even more hated by my vassals than I would be if I had just imprisoned him). Why the frick-frack can't I just talk to him again!? When you've got a dynasty several hundred strong, it's pretty much inevitable that a lot of your relatives are going to go decadent and a lot of recidivism--maybe not the majority, but certainly enough for you to be backed into a corner. When I have that many decadent relatives, the dynasty's decadence starts to add up. Essentially, if I want to be a good Muslim (i. e. not murder a bunch of people), I'll inevitably be up to my eyebrows in tribal revolts when that decadence hits a high enough level, which it will. It's a lose-lose situation that pretty much makes playing as a large Islamic empire next to impossible. I've managed so far by save-scumming my way out of getting caught, but it's gotten to the point that I can no longer enjoy expanding my empire. I spend way too much on assassinations and often have to reload dozens times in any given session. I've been reduced to getting a mod that makes it possible to negotiate again.
I'll always love you, Max.

The Fire Emblem lord

SHSL Ultimate Hope wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
Klonoahedgehog wrote:
When games you want to play never leave Japan. You guys know what i'm talking about.

How about when games do leave Japan, but they lose a crapton of content in the process? That means you, Ace Combat 3!

Or bad translations in order to fit with Western Audience >.>

Hey this forums about a game like that! what a coincidence!!! :godot:

Ruining my life, one Meme at a time.

EdgeEmblem wrote:
sumguy28 wrote:
How about when games do leave Japan, but they lose a crapton of content in the process? That means you, Ace Combat 3!

Or bad translations in order to fit with Western Audience >.>

Hey this forums about a game like that! what a coincidence!!! :godot:

Oh trust me Ace Attorney is no exception :will:

sumguy28 wrote:
You can always keep pressing X over and over again.

Auto Battle may seem neat, but the Leader AI for Auto Battle prioritizes wrong and makes you take longer than Manual Input.

Quote:
And if it broke, then how is she not taking fall damage?

Just saying, during battles, she does take damage if she gets thrown up and then falls. As for outside-of-battles... well what kinda game would it be if any of the main characters died through falling? Come on, that's like expecting Zack or Cloud to die when they fall from the upper plates onto Aerith's flowerbed. No flower bed would be soft enough to cushion that fall without any consequences.

C-A

I've felt worse.

CatMuto wrote:
Just saying, during battles, she does take damage if she gets thrown up and then falls.

Really? She takes damage when hit by the move that throws her up in the air, but when she hits the ground, she blocks damage that would normally harm other party members.

Huh. To me, she always lost a few HP (something like 10 HP or so) when falling. Maybe there's equipment that makes it less obvious? Can't remember right now...

C-A

Is the whole hype over Pokemon. I mean yeah the old games were amazing and fun back in the day but every game now is pretty much having you do the same exact thing over and over with just new Pokemon. Last game I played was Pokemon X and after I beat it I got bored with it just like with the other ones. I started getting bored of pokemon after Soul Silver and Heart Gold which I loved since it was a remake of one my old favorite pokemon games.

Is the whole hype over Pokemon. I mean yeah the old games were amazing and fun back in the day but every game now is pretty much having you do the same exact thing over and over with just new Pokemon. Last game I played was Pokemon X and after I beat it I got bored with it just like with the other ones. I started getting bored of pokemon after Soul Silver and Heart Gold which I loved since it was a remake of one my old favorite pokemon games.

I have this exact same problem, from Generation I onwards. I dunno, every Pokémon game is just Catch them and Fight in Gyms. Yeah the later ones add stuff like managing a mall passage or acting in movies with scripted battles that you have to redo because for some random reason, the Pokémon either missed or didn't do enough damage as the script demanded, but overall it's still the same stuff. It's like having a nicely colored wall, but you're so worried about any potential person noticing the old color underneath that, every year, you add another layer of the fresh color on it to make sure the old color is nowhere near visible.

I get bored with Pokémon games by the time I reach the third or fourth City/Gym. I can't be bothered to catch all the Pokémon, nor to level them up or anything like that. Most of the time, I pick my first six pokémon and just keep those and level them.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:

I have this exact same problem, from Generation I onwards. I dunno, every Pokémon game is just Catch them and Fight in Gyms. Yeah the later ones add stuff like managing a mall passage or acting in movies with scripted battles that you have to redo because for some random reason, the Pokémon either missed or didn't do enough damage as the script demanded, but overall it's still the same stuff. It's like having a nicely colored wall, but you're so worried about any potential person noticing the old color underneath that, every year, you add another layer of the fresh color on it to make sure the old color is nowhere near visible.

I get bored with Pokémon games by the time I reach the third or fourth City/Gym. I can't be bothered to catch all the Pokémon, nor to level them up or anything like that. Most of the time, I pick my first six pokémon and just keep those and level them.

C-A

That true, I mean yeah you had small features to the game but its still just the same old pokemon game you play every single time. I never understood how much my friend can love pokemon so much that he gets hyped for every new pokemon game and plays it everyday.

I get bored with pokemon every time I finish beating the Elite Four. I would either just stop playing the game completely or I would sell it if either I need money or I want a different game. I mean yeah I can see its fun to play online with other people but it does get boring after a while which is why I never understand how people can play it everyday.

High level play

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

That true, I mean yeah you had small features to the game but its still just the same old pokemon game you play every single time. I never understood how much my friend can love pokemon so much that he gets hyped for every new pokemon game and plays it everyday.

I get bored with pokemon every time I finish beating the Elite Four. I would either just stop playing the game completely or I would sell it if either I need money or I want a different game. I mean yeah I can see its fun to play online with other people but it does get boring after a while which is why I never understand how people can play it everyday.

Well you have to be a die-hard player if you can devote yourself to play every single day. Although pokemon does have enough content to keep playing (like breeding for perfect stats, shiny hunting, battling competitive etc.). But if you leave the game alone after beating the elite four then isn't that just fine? You've still played through the entire story and you should have experienced hours of fun.

What really bothers me when I'm playing online is when you have such a laggy connection to your opponent that even doing basic combo's becomes impossible. Not everyone has great or high-speed internet, but at least make sure your connection is stable before you go haunting people online.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Sjibbey wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Well you have to be a die-hard player if you can devote yourself to play every single day. Although pokemon does have enough content to keep playing (like breeding for perfect stats, shiny hunting, battling competitive etc.). But if you leave the game alone after beating the elite four then isn't that just fine? You've still played through the entire story and you should have experienced hours of fun.

What really bothers me when I'm playing online is when you have such a laggy connection to your opponent that even doing basic combo's becomes impossible. Not everyone has great or high-speed internet, but at least make sure your connection is stable before you go haunting people online.

Yeah you have all that stuff to do but its the same exact thing pokemon after pokemon after pokemon game. It gets repetitive and boring having to do the same thing over and over again.

Its a problem all games now a days have that also grinds my gears as a gamer because nothing is ever original in gaming. I want something new and different that I have never seen before that will truly amaze me and be like "Oh finally a original game"

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Oh, that reminds me: when game companies try for innovation, only to be discouraged by game sales. There are some pretty innovative huge sellers, but note that many of these are rehashes from Nintendo. I've seen some real innovation from future games and projects on Kickstarter.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

C'mon, we need a Pokemon game where you can join the crime syndicate or whatever evil organization is trying to take over the land. SoulSilver teasing me by letting me dress up as a Rocket, let me go steal some Lass's Jigglypuff and make her cry. I want to be hardcore!
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
C'mon, we need a Pokemon game where you can join the crime syndicate or whatever evil organization is trying to take over the land. SoulSilver teasing me by letting me dress up as a Rocket, let me go steal some Lass's Jigglypuff and make her cry. I want to be hardcore!

That reminds me of this Dorkly video with Rusty becoming a team rocket grunt xD

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:

Nah we need a early pokemon game before pokeballs were invented and you just had to tame the pokemon the ol' fashioned way.

That or give me a serious gritty pokemon game that's almost an action as well, like set it during the war for Kalos or border skirmishes between Johto and Kanto.

Not that I have anything against the core pokemon franchise, I think once again it's just Cat saying it's not a game type she especially enjoys in her unique way that comes across as insulting and full of derision though I'm pretty sure she doesn't mean it to sound so. Just think if they were to do a spin-off, these ideas would be interesting.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

Pierre wrote:
Nah we need a early pokemon game before pokeballs were invented and you just had to tame the pokemon the ol' fashioned way.

[clears throat]

Pierre wrote:
That or give me a serious gritty pokemon game that's almost an action as well, like set it during the war for Kalos or border skirmishes between Johto and Kanto.

A fangame's probably the best we're going to get in that department. I can picture something along the lines of an Advance Wars/Pokémon crossover. Grid-style battlefield, turn-based gameplay, Pokémon act as units and use moves as ordered against opposing Pokémon... I don't know about making it gritty, but I can definitely see the potential in a Pokémon game aiming for that kind of combat system.

Still, this is probably better reserved for a thread on the Pokémon games. We have one, right? Well, if there is one, I'll edit this post with a link in a moment.

Edit: Here we are.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
[clears throat]

Not quite General, Pokemon Conquest from my understanding is about subduing trainers essentially rather than the pokemon themselves. The pokemon come attached to the warriors. In one episode of Pokemon two Team Rocket members used a clever device to drain Raikou of electricity so that they could catch it. That's more what I'm thinking of, more Monster Hunter Style, mankind and science versus these giant beasts before pokeballs made catching pokemon easy-mode.

Quote:
A fangame's probably the best we're going to get in that department. I can picture something along the lines of an Advance Wars/Pokémon crossover. Grid-style battlefield, turn-based gameplay, Pokémon act as units and use moves as ordered against opposing Pokémon... I don't know about making it gritty, but I can definitely see the potential in a Pokémon game aiming for that kind of combat system.

Now y'see THAT sounds more like Pokemon Conquest to me. Just something to remind us that...yeah pokemon are huge deadly things, with the potential to cause massive destruction.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Thinker

You know what really grinds my gears? When people that play video games don't like video games. There's a correlation here between people who play and don't like video games, and people who think that all games should cater to THEIR standards because OBVIOUSLY THEY knew what ALL games should be like and anyone else is OBVIOUSLY SEVERELY MENTALLY CHALLENGED. You can like and hate games but wanting to change all games to your tastes or thinking games you don't like shouldn't exist is really dumb. I hate it when the whole tumblr-type gamers have a holier than thou attitude, basically.

The Fire Emblem lord

Ya know what REALLY grinds my gears as a gamer?
Video game activists. They preach about the "horrors and evils" about video games, when they haven't played one themselves!
Popular examples are Glenn Beck and Jack Thompson.

Ruining my life, one Meme at a time.

The dwarf geeky panda!

You know what really grind my gear as a gamer? This whole stupid war about what is considered a gamer. I just came from another forum and damn I feel like they are idiots. You don't read the story? Not a gamer. You don't like X or Y style of game? Not a gamer. You don't like mods? Not a gamer. You don't give a shit about the game mechanics? Yup you're a gamer.

By definition a gamer is someone who play games no? So technicaly even if you play only mobile game you're still a gamer. I don't understand why we still try to keep it like a VIP group of people. Come on! Now even grandmas play games!

Also what grind my gears is when people give more importance to the story and art in a game rather than it's mechanics because that's just dumb.
Please don't hit me...

Call me James

Shao-Mae wrote:
Also what grind my gears is when people give more importance to the story and art in a game rather than it's mechanics because that's just dumb.

Well...urm. You're saying this on a a site dedicated to a series where the story/characters are probably the best thing about it. Yes? :gregory:

I mean, for games where the story doesn't play as much importance, sure. But visual novels/adventure games such as this, surely you can understand? :hobohodo2:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Story being more important, for me, depends on the Genre. If it's an RPG I AT LEAST expect a decent Story. Gameplay or its mechanics are second place, or share it with character/character development. And I am a bit of an elitist. I'm not saying "Oh you don't play this game this way, you're not a gamer", I just think not everyone who plays something like Angry Birds and that being the only game they play to call themselves a gamer. Especially not a "real gamer". I think a gamer is someone who spends over 20 hours a week playing games.

Quote:
Well...urm. You're saying this on a a site dedicated to a series where the story/characters are probably the best thing about it. Yes?

Uhhh... characters are a preference thing. But the story in the AA games is... not the best.

C-A

Fate Testarossa

You give precedence to certain aspects for certain genres. VNs? I don't care at all about gameplay mechanics. Platformers? I don't care at all for story. RPGs? I care about both story and game mechanics. So... Like Professor Yoshi here says, you can't just broad sweep say "lol anyone who cares about story in games" because... That's just silly.

also zomg, Cat and I actually agree on something for once???

Fate is made by クロス

My preferences for a game is going to change depending on what kind of game I'm playing and what is to be expected out of it, like other people said. If the game is, say, a visual novel or something that's being heavily advertised as something that has a great story, then that's what I'm going to expect. If I'm expecting great mechanics, I'm going to be looking towards RPGs and puzzle games. Controls, I'm looking for platformers and action games. Art style, I'll lean towards those that purposely sell themselves as such, such as Okami, Wind Waker or even Skyward Sword because that was one of the draws of the advertising.

If they fall flat on the aspects that they were supposed to represented as, then yes I'll complain about it. But for instance, I'm not going to complain about the lack of mechanics in, say, Phoenix Wright, because that's not what I'm playing the game for.

I understand where you're coming from though Shao. It's not always about the graphics or the story, but how the game plays, but I think with the wide spectrum of games we have to choose from nowadays, it's harder to place such a broad view of opinions on games when there's a vast amount of different types of genres out there, all focusing on different aspects of what makes up a game. But yeah, for games like Wind Waker, I hate it when people won't give it a shot because they won't look past the art and see the fun game play behind it.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Call me James

dullahan1 wrote:
I understand where you're coming from though Shao. It's not always about the graphics or the story, but how the game plays, but I think with the wide spectrum of games we have to choose from nowadays, it's harder to place such a broad view of opinions on games when there's a vast amount of different types of genres out there, all focusing on different aspects of what makes up a game. But yeah, for games like Wind Waker, I hate it when people won't give it a shot because they won't look past the art and see the fun game play behind it.

I'm not a Zelda man by any stretch of the imagination, but Wind Waker is Goddamn beautiful. Not played the game, only seen the artstyle, but it's a very gorgeous looking game, in my opinion. Not in the way most would say (as in omg look at how detailed everything is I can see the tiniest pebble on the street hnnnnggghhh), but it's just appealing visually to me. I dunno. Maybe I should actually play it, now that it's making me gush :gymshoe:

And despite how snarky my comment sounded, I do agree with you, Shao. Graphics whores are one of the worst things about modern gaming. They act as if it's an actual selling point. I mean, yeah. It's nice if it looks good, but if it plays like garbage and has bugs up the ass, then damn. Guess you wasted your money, huh guy? :yogi:
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

dullahan1 wrote:
But yeah, for games like Wind Waker, I hate it when people won't give it a shot because they won't look past the art and see the fun game play behind it.

Eh, I guess. My problem with Wind Waker was the amount of sailing necessary. I mean, I don't mind exploration in a videogame, I don't even mind if a certain amount is mandatory to proceed in the game. But with Wind Waker, the constant sailing was annoying, and the forced exploration that was a large amount, even with the teleportation song, was terrible because it was a very, very boring environment to look at as you were exploring. And often times, the amount of time it took to get from one island to another was frustrating. Can't say that WW HD fixed much of that, even with the Fast Sail added.

C-A

Professor Yoshi wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:

I'm not a Zelda man by any stretch of the imagination, but Wind Waker is Goddamn beautiful. Not played the game, only seen the artstyle, but it's a very gorgeous looking game, in my opinion. Not in the way most would say (as in omg look at how detailed everything is I can see the tiniest pebble on the street hnnnnggghhh), but it's just appealing visually to me. I dunno. Maybe I should actually play it, now that it's making me gush :gymshoe:

And despite how snarky my comment sounded, I do agree with you, Shao. Graphics whores are one of the worst things about modern gaming. They act as if it's an actual selling point. I mean, yeah. It's nice if it looks good, but if it plays like garbage and has bugs up the ass, then damn. Guess you wasted your money, huh guy? :yogi:

I think the cel-shaded graphics do it justice. Heck, the Gamecube version still looks gorgeous. In my opinion, the graphics on Wind Waker still hold up today, WAY better than Twilight Princess, which is showing its age. The only thing I see a flaw in with going with a realistic style is that usually over time, it won't look as good as it did when it came out. Granted, if it's still fun, I don't care. But graphically, I think artistically stylized games tend to still look good years later. Heck, I still think the cel-shaded graphics of Dragon Quest 8 look absolutely gorgeous.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

The dwarf geeky panda!

Professor Yoshi wrote:
I mean, for games where the story doesn't play as much importance, sure. But visual novels/adventure games such as this, surely you can understand? :hobohodo2:

If you want to talk about VN, well it's a niche of people who like to read so... yeah I don't really have argument other than the insulting, I don't consider VN as real game, more like a simulation or a movie in the hero's subjective view or something, same thing with interactive movies. Don't get me wrong, it's just because while playing AA, Ghost Trick, 999, Layton Brothers, I never had the feeling that I was really "playing a game".I guess I'm a bit of an elitist like Cat. But in worse. Please once again, don't beat me up.
Please don't hit me...

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
But yeah, for games like Wind Waker, I hate it when people won't give it a shot because they won't look past the art and see the fun game play behind it.

Eh, I guess. My problem with Wind Waker was the amount of sailing necessary. I mean, I don't mind exploration in a videogame, I don't even mind if a certain amount is mandatory to proceed in the game. But with Wind Waker, the constant sailing was annoying, and the forced exploration that was a large amount, even with the teleportation song, was terrible because it was a very, very boring environment to look at as you were exploring. And often times, the amount of time it took to get from one island to another was frustrating. Can't say that WW HD fixed much of that, even with the Fast Sail added.

C-A

You don't have a Wii U....so you can't say "WW HD's Fast Sail didn't do Jack!" legitimately.

As someone who finished WW HD today? Yeah the Fast Sail makes things much easier, it's top speed is greater and it automatically adjusts the wind to always be in your favour so you never need to stop to adjust the wind with a song ever again.

Combined with the warp spell you never spend much time on the sea unless you are intentionally there (like looking for treasure).
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Quote:
You don't have a Wii U....so you can't say "WW HD's Fast Sail didn't do Jack!" legitimately.

I've watched Let's Plays and Collection Series of WW HD and I checked the times, it still didn't help all that much. Yeah, you don't have to change the wind direction. Still doesn't change that the environment is the same all over the area and it gets really, really boring to look at.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

I've watched Let's Plays and Collection Series of WW HD and I checked the times, it still didn't help all that much. Yeah, you don't have to change the wind direction. Still doesn't change that the environment is the same all over the area and it gets really, really boring to look at.

C-A

*shrugs* Good thing you aren't on the seas too long then. As someone who has played the game, it helped plenty in terms of time. As for the environment being the same? Eh it's the sea...pretty much the same as in real-life. Your mileage may vary on whether you find beautiful blue skies and bouncing waves boring.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Having played Wind Waker HD and playing Skyward Sword, I think the Loftwing section goes by slower than the sailing in Wind Waker with the fast sail.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

In real life, the sea has various shades of blue and green and teal in it, you can see rocks underneath and all, it's very pretty to look at. In Wind Waker... it's blue. With white shading. That's it. It's... not very entertaining or interesting to look at after a while.

Quote:
Having played Wind Waker HD and playing Skyward Sword, I think the Loftwing section goes by slower than the sailing in Wind Waker with the fast sail.

Flying across one end of the Sky in Skyward to the other end? ~3 minutes
Sailing across one end of the ocean in a straight line in WW to the next, with the Fast Sail? ~7 - 9 minutes

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
In real life, the sea has various shades of blue and green and teal in it, you can see rocks underneath and all, it's very pretty to look at. In Wind Waker... it's blue. With white shading. That's it. It's... not very entertaining or interesting to look at after a while.

Quote:

Sailing across one end of the ocean in a straight line in WW to the next, with the Fast Sail? ~7 - 9 minutes

C-A

Be hard pressed to see rocks underneath the sea when it's nigh-infinitely deep. The ocean in WW creates a massive sense of expanse.

Honestly covering a SKY in only 3 minutes actually sounds disappointing to me. Makes me think there's not enough to explore.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

CatMuto wrote:

Quote:

C-A

When I can teleport from one end to the other, Wind Waker wins for me. Skyward Sword makes me wish for teleport options in the sky. It'd feel more convenient for me. Besides, with the fast sail and the teleportation song, I can easily get to where I need to go in 1-2 minutes if that. Skyward Sword doesn't have that luxury for me. I'm not discrediting some of the tedious sailing, but I just felt like Wind Waker HD moved a bit quicker for me. Considering I played WWHD not too long ago and I'm playing Skyward Sword now, I still have a fresh enough memory to compare the two.

I have no doubts you're right, but there's literally no reason to sail from end of the sea to the other in Wind Waker when you can teleport. I wish Skyward Sword did the for the sky sections, or even using the statues to act as teleport points on land rather than having me fly up and land in the same area again just to move to a different statue. It's a bit tedious after a while.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same
Page 3 of 13 [ 512 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station