Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 4 of 13[ 512 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

Re: You Know What Really Grinds My Gears As A Gamer?Topic%20Title

In Justice We Trust

You know what really grinds my gears? Illogical fanservice. To be fair, this isn't exclusive to games, but I tend to be more annoyed by it in games than in other media. Also, please note my wording. I said illogical fanservice. When I say this, I'm referring specifically to fanservice-y content that makes absolutely no sense in context. Something that is fanservice-y, but still makes sense, doesn't bug me much, if at all. For example, in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8, Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina don skintight motorcycle gear when they're on bikes or ATVs. Wearing motorcycle gear instead of the usual long dress makes perfect sense in that context. Thus, it doesn't qualify as illogical fanservice. The lack of a helmet, on the other hand, does arguably qualify, considering that wearing a helmet is pretty much motorcycle safety 101. Then again, considering how common it is to get knocked around in the Mario Kart games, that bit could be extended to almost every character, including the ones who stick to karts.

Of course, the lack of a helmet is one of the lighter examples in my case, especially in a game in which it is impossible to die or even get injured. Where illogical fanservice really gets to me would have to be in games in which death is possible and common. Examples would be men going into battle shirtless and women wearing high heels and other movement-hindering articles into combat. I find that kind of thing so annoying that I will avoid revealing and otherwise stupid outfits even if said outfit has better stats than its more modest and sensible counterparts. Quality armor that leaves the wearer's upper torso, upper arms, and thighs exposed, but has a Defense stat of 105? I think I'll stick with the cheap armor that covers her from head to toe and has a Defense stat of 30. I like immersion, and armor with tangible effects in combat adds to that immersion. Armor with obvious gaps that would likely cost the wearer his/her life in the real world kills that immersion and leaves its corpse behind to rot and stink up the surrounding area.
I'll always love you, Max.

dullahan1 wrote:
Skyward Sword makes me wish for teleport options in the sky.

But why? The sky is so small, there'd be no point in a teleport option. And there are still only 3 places you'd need a teleport option to. Skyloft, the Lumpy Pumpkin and the Isle of Songs. It doesn't take very long to get from one of those areas to the next or to get from a light beam to another.

Quote:
or even using the statues to act as teleport points on land rather than having me fly up and land in the same area again just to move to a different statue. It's a bit tedious after a while.

It's a bit tedious, but... well, I can't think of an instance where I needed to do that.

Quote:
For example, in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart 8, Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina don skintight motorcycle gear when they're on bikes or ATVs. Wearing motorcycle gear instead of the usual long dress makes perfect sense in that context. Thus, it doesn't qualify as illogical fanservice.

Never even occured to me to be fanservice. As for the armor that Less Armor = Higher Defense, I think you'd like Lightning Returns. Sure there are fanservice-y garbs. But I can think of several non-fanservice-y garbs that have better parameters. Soldier of Peace, a great garb that can get access to Artemis Pierce - a high damaging stabbing motion, leaves her arms exposed, but is overall still pretty modest.
Actually... I don't think I ever used the full fanservice-y ones. Yeah, I got the Amazon and the Nightmare garb, two outfits that basically consist of "bikini armor" with the latter including a naughty little succubus tail, but I never once used them. I always had better garbs to pick from.
But then, I overall prefer to have a "cool" or elegant look, rather than fanservice-y

C-A

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Yeah, I suppose you're right about the sky. It still feels big though to me, and there's not a lot to do. It's just when I'm questing to try to get some items to upgrade my stuff, it'd feel more convenient to, say, be able to go from the forest to the desert on the fly. No pun intended. That was one thing that Ocarina did very well later into the game. Granted, the world wasn't that big, but when I wanted a fairy and I was all the way in the desert, one song and I could easily go the forest that had a fairy fountain not too far from the teleport spot. It was convenient and I kinda wish Skyward Sword had that. Even as vast as Wind Waker is, the combination of the fast sail and teleport spots made it nice. Granted, this is a minor nitpick, it's not like it kills the game, it's more of a patience problem I guess.

Same with the statue warps. There have been few instances where I just wish I could get from point A to point B without having to go back up into the sky, just to accomplish that. Again though, it's a minor gripe, but it'd have been nice for those few instances I was in the forest or desert and didn't have to trek all over after I was done in one spot and had to go the other side of it.

@Luigi: Is it odd that the first thing to come to mind from your rant was Dragon Quest. Granted, in the early games, it's just an outfit with no change on the sprites, but it does exactly like you mentioned in the later games, but its more of a running gag. Brings up a question though. If the fanservice is done as a running gag throughout the series like Dragon Quest, does it bother you as much than if it's just pointless fanservice. I'm not huge on fanservice myself and I agree with your points, but maybe I'm not as offended by this, but it doesn't bother me nearly as much if it's played off as more of a running gag. Now if it's in there for the sake of just being there and no reason why, then yeah, it gets on my nerves.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

In Justice We Trust

I can't say for certain at the moment. Could you please name some examples of fanservice being used as a running gag?

For example, in Dragon Quest, they've had the bikini armor for extra defense, like you mentioned, since the second game, but they've put it in in every game since as it's become a running gag for the series. There weren't any aesthetic changes made to the female characters equipping this until the 8th game, I believe. I think back in the day, it was more of a funny thing of, oh, the female has the highest defense because she's wearing bikini armor.
They've even had something called 'puff-puff' since either the second or third game, where they've always had a random NPC female giving a 'special service' but it's always been parodied as usually rubbing two Slimes on your face.

I guess it's just a weird line for me because this "fan-service" has been a staple in the series. While it's there just to be there, at the same time, it's tradition since it's been done for so long, so it doesn't bother me as much as it usually would. In this series, it's as much of a staple as a chocobo is to Final Fantasy.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

In Justice We Trust

I have yet to give the Dragon Quest games a try, so I don't know how I'd react.

Master of sharp things!

I've read through this topic a few times to see if what I thought of has been mentioned yet. I'll get to that in a moment, though I have to mention something first.

Having been gaming since I was four (that's over 24 years for the curious), I can tell you that I've seen a lot of things that upset others but don't bother me all that much. QTEs? They're alright as long as they don't last way too long. Cutscene-only battles? Not a big deal, sometimes they have to get a point across and that can't be done in gameplay.

But you know what grinds my gaming gears? Unwinnable boss battles. This isn't in terms of difficulty, but rather when the game forces you to lose. It usually comes up in one of three ways:

1) When the game stops the battle in mid-fight and shows a cutscene of the player character losing, or another character coming in to save them. This is the least offensive version as at least they clearly show you why your character lost the battle, and makes the point where you'll have to inevitably face and beat the boss in a rematch more plausible.

2) You manage to beat the boss, death animation and all, but the following cutscene show you losing. That's clear gameplay/story segregation. Though I have to say, the Tales games in particular tend to defy this example.

3) Worst of all, when the game doesn't let you win. You can lower the boss's HP to zero (or sometimes he doesn't take damage at all!), dodge his attacks forever, but the battle doesn't end until you die. And they usually hit ridiculously hard that you're dead in just a few hits, which makes the fact you did so well against him entirely useless.

What I'm trying to say is, it's one thing when you lose due to lack of skill or for story-based reasons, it's another to lose because you never had the chance to win.

Gettin' Old!

Good to know you put exceptions in there Orca. I was about to say the unwinnable battle in Golden Sun as an example of how they can serve a purpose to the story.

Think most tropes for games do have their place but it's just being used well that's the problem.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

I agree completely, Orca. RPGs are the worst offender, in my opinion; if you don't know beforehand that you're supposed to lose, you'll start wasting healing items in order to stay alive. Ideally, if you're supposed to lose a battle, you'll be taken out so quickly that you'll never have a chance to use any healing items.

Gettin' Old!

General Luigi wrote:
I agree completely, Orca. RPGs are the worst offender, in my opinion; if you don't know beforehand that you're supposed to lose, you'll start wasting healing items in order to stay alive. Ideally, if you're supposed to lose a battle, you'll be taken out so quickly that you'll never have a chance to use any healing items.

Yes like one sizable attack on the second or third turn. Nothing feels more annoying than giving your all for it to mean essentially nothing in the end.

Of course...some unwinnable battles only trigger their 'loss condition' once the enemy has lost a certain amount of health (Beatrix in FFIX I think has this element) so I'd call them legitimate fights.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

The Chocolateholic of CR

You know what really grinds my gears as a gamer? The camera. It will mess you up
Spoiler:
EVERY. FUUUUUUUUUUCKING. TIME.

The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

迷探偵

Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

Yes like one sizable attack on the second or third turn. Nothing feels more annoying than giving your all for it to mean essentially nothing in the end.

Of course...some unwinnable battles only trigger their 'loss condition' once the enemy has lost a certain amount of health (Beatrix in FFIX I think has this element) so I'd call them legitimate fights.

You know what's bad? An unwinnable fight that will only end when the (overpowered) enemy uses a certain attack, but the random AI, being random, just refuses to use the attack and instead just kills you with raw power, forcing you to start all over again! And you can only for it to use the attack...
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

Quote:
Though I have to say, the Tales games in particular tend to defy this example.

Uh... quite the opposite. Tales Of games tend to have unwinnable boss battles at times. Symphonia alone has two. I think you can technically "win" both by abusing Hourglasses and freezing the boss over and over and whittle down the 40.000 HP, but you still get the losing animation cause when HP reaches 0, the battle ends. The other is one that you are never supposed to win, you're supposed to survive long enough, that's it.
Even Abyss has one, although that's not really unwinnable... you can win, and the post-battle cutscene changes a bit, but otherwise...

C-A

The Fire Emblem lord

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
I've read through this topic a few times to see if what I thought of has been mentioned yet. I'll get to that in a moment, though I have to mention something first.

Having been gaming since I was four (that's over 24 years for the curious), I can tell you that I've seen a lot of things that upset others but don't bother me all that much. QTEs? They're alright as long as they don't last way too long. Cutscene-only battles? Not a big deal, sometimes they have to get a point across and that can't be done in gameplay.

But you know what grinds my gaming gears? Unwinnable boss battles. This isn't in terms of difficulty, but rather when the game forces you to lose. It usually comes up in one of three ways:

1) When the game stops the battle in mid-fight and shows a cutscene of the player character losing, or another character coming in to save them. This is the least offensive version as at least they clearly show you why your character lost the battle, and makes the point where you'll have to inevitably face and beat the boss in a rematch more plausible.

2) You manage to beat the boss, death animation and all, but the following cutscene show you losing. That's clear gameplay/story segregation. Though I have to say, the Tales games in particular tend to defy this example.

3) Worst of all, when the game doesn't let you win. You can lower the boss's HP to zero (or sometimes he doesn't take damage at all!), dodge his attacks forever, but the battle doesn't end until you die. And they usually hit ridiculously hard that you're dead in just a few hits, which makes the fact you did so well against him entirely useless.

What I'm trying to say is, it's one thing when you lose due to lack of skill or for story-based reasons, it's another to lose because you never had the chance to win.

Jetstream Sam at thebeginning of Metal Gear Rising is a good example of that.

Ruining my life, one Meme at a time.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Okay who is grinding their gears on my Dragon Quest love?
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Fate Testarossa

Ash wrote:
Pierre wrote:
General Luigi wrote:

You know what's bad? An unwinnable fight that will only end when the (overpowered) enemy uses a certain attack, but the random AI, being random, just refuses to use the attack and instead just kills you with raw power, forcing you to start all over again! And you can only for it to use the attack...

There are games that do that? That just sounds like awful game design. :/

Fate is made by クロス

kwando1313 wrote:

Not a boss fight, but Pokémon Black/White 2 had that Pokémon Film Festival thingy. You dressed up as a superhero and had to follow a script to the dot for the movie to be a success. And your actions, as well as the opponent's actions had to be just right. I remember re-doing certain scripts over and over because
A) the status ailment that was supposed to be put onto the opponent didn't get put on
B) not enough (or too much) damage done to the opponent
C) opponent did not use the right attack

C-A

Fate Testarossa

Oooh right. Those were silly. I would prefer it if they did it like in Pokemon XD with the battle discs, where they gave you specific objectives with certain Pokemon and whatnot... Those were great.

Fate is made by クロス

The dwarf geeky panda!

CatMuto wrote:
kwando1313 wrote:

Not a boss fight, but Pokémon Black/White 2 had that Pokémon Film Festival thingy. You dressed up as a superhero and had to follow a script to the dot for the movie to be a success. And your actions, as well as the opponent's actions had to be just right. I remember re-doing certain scripts over and over because
A) the status ailment that was supposed to be put onto the opponent didn't get put on
B) not enough (or too much) damage done to the opponent
C) opponent did not use the right attack

C-A

Oh yeah I remember that. While it ain't so bad when you use your own pokémon, it's awful when you are forced to use the default one they give you (and you are forced to use it in order to use your own later). By the way Cat it was their hollywood, but named Pokéwood (I know you don't care :will: ).

Another thing that grind my gear, when they announce a game you are super hyped on but keep being delayed for unknown reason (I look at you The Last Gardian!) and when they try to bring a reboot of one of your favorite childhood game, but "adapt it" to the modern gaming concept (ok this one isn't legetimate because Roller Coaster Tycoon ain't out yet... But I still fear the green plus). You can think SimCity here with their "well we need online now because everybody is online now" :yogi: .
Please don't hit me...

Quote:
By the way Cat it was their hollywood, but named Pokéwood (I know you don't care :will: ).

Quite frankly, I forgot what it was.

C-A

I guess the Pokemon movie thing doesn't really bother me in B/W2. Not that I think it's great, it's downright terrible at times. Things like that bug me a lot more though when it's mandatory. When it's optional, if I hate it, I never have to do it if I don't want to. Like the Lightning Dodge in FFX! I'm SO glad that Lulu isn't overpowered end game like Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku are. If I had to get her Ultimate Weapon to fight the superbosses, I'd quit. I'll take the chocobo racing over the lightning dodging any day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I'd prefer Lightning dodging. (Okay I also like seeing Tidus get hit, haha) Only way I ever got the weapon for him was abusing a little glitch that was only in the Japanese verison. Then again, I think Auron is much more overpowered with his full Masamune than, say, Rikku or Tiuds.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
I'd prefer Lightning dodging. (Okay I also like seeing Tidus get hit, haha) Only way I ever got the weapon for him was abusing a little glitch that was only in the Japanese verison. Then again, I think Auron is much more overpowered with his full Masamune than, say, Rikku or Tiuds.

C-A

Really? Rikku and Tidus' weapons both get augmented the more HP they have while as Auron's boosts at lower HP so I always found those two stronger most of the time since you'll finish battles in one-turn.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Oh, in the main game, Auron and Lulu are contenders for being really strong, but when you go into post-game content, Rikku and Tidus easily outclass them in terms of raw damage output. Take Tidus's and Rikku's overdrives and they can't be touched. Wakka is not AS abusive as those two, but he's not too far off either.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

dullahan1 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Oh, in the main game, Auron and Lulu are contenders for being really strong, but when you go into post-game content, Rikku and Tidus easily outclass them in terms of raw damage output. Take Tidus's and Rikku's overdrives and they can't be touched. Wakka is not AS abusive as those two, but he's not too far off either.

Attack Reels hits more times than Blitz Ace, I'd say he's just as abusive and while Rikku's overdrives allows for some STUPID buffs in terms of damage output I wouldn't put her that high.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Really? Rikku and Tidus' weapons both get augmented the more HP they have while as Auron's boosts at lower HP so I always found those two stronger most of the time since you'll finish battles in one-turn.

Auron's also had the hilariously ironic bonus. Especially if you gave him Deathproof armor.

C-A

Pierre wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Attack Reels hits more times than Blitz Ace, I'd say he's just as abusive and while Rikku's overdrives allows for some STUPID buffs in terms of damage output I wouldn't put her that high.

Okay, I've never really used Wakka's Attack Reels, so that makes him even better for me. As for Rikku, yeah her buffs are amazing, but I believe that some of her attacks can deal massive multitudes of damage as well. I could have sworn she had a mix where it'd deal damage multiple times that would be on par with Tidus's Blitz Ace. I know she's excellent end game support, but I don't think she's a slouch when dealing damage either.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

C-A

Auron's also had the hilariously ironic bonus. Especially if you gave him Deathproof armor.

C-A

How would Deathproof work? It only protects from instant death, not HP-Zero Death.

Auron's ability was fine, I gave him counter-attack and stacked it with his sentinel ability so it worked well enough.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

For me it has to be how easily the newest consoles can break down also hate DLC ( most of the time) and micro transations.Also how companies release games that havnt been tested players will then say what the issues are and then release a patchand [part of reason for dislike of dlc is alot of it should already be in the $60 that is paid for yet they cut parts and sell it later as DLC :(:(:(
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

davech1987 wrote:
For me it has to be how easily the newest consoles can break down also hate DLC ( most of the time) and micro transations.Also how companies release games that havnt been tested players will then say what the issues are and then release a patchand [part of reason for dislike of dlc is alot of it should already be in the $60 that is paid for yet they cut parts and sell it later as DLC :(:(:(

Sounds like EA. Okay, other companies, too. But EA is just so obvious with taking parts out of the Sims base game and then selling it in the store. I never used the store due to lack of money or because they don't have things I want in it (why anyone would think they need a changing table in Sims 3, considering the "burrito babies", is beyond me) and what I do want I can generally find in much prettier quality as Custom Content. Then again, I kinda gave up on EA...

C-A

The dwarf geeky panda!

The problem with DLC is that while it's pissing off the consumer, it help the compagny to make a few more buck at very very very low cost to finance their game, that often does not rentabilise that much. DAMN YOU INVESTOR THAT INVEST IN GAMES WHEN THEY ARE NOT EVEN INTERESTED IN THE MEDIA!

You know what grind my gears as a gamer? Hipster gamers. As if music and cinema weren't ebough, another of my favorite hobbie is undermine with hipsters that look down on me because I like mainstream and triple A games.
Please don't hit me...

Quote:
You know what grind my gears as a gamer? Hipster gamers. As if music and cinema weren't ebough, another of my favorite hobbie is undermine with hipsters that look down on me because I like mainstream and triple A games.

I thought hipsters (and non-hipsters) are so confused what the word even means, considering they call someone who likes something a hipster, but call someone who doesn't like something also a hipster.

You know what really grinds my gears as a gamer? Extreme difficulty/"fake" difficulty.

Now I have nothing against difficulty in my games, I like to be challenged. I mean, where's the fun in winning a game if it's a total breeze and nothing really challenges you. Might as well watch an LP or Video Walkthrough if I don't want to experience any difficulty.

But putting the difficulty, by default, too high or otherwise balancing the game unfairly towards the player is also a horrible step. Yes we want a challenge, but not so much that we feel like rage quitting for a few hours because it's too difficult. Balance the game properly.

C-A

PS: I also hate DLC, but honestly, it doesn't bother me much. Unless it's vital story stuff that is only available by paid DLC. That's fucking annoying. Free DLC, that might be okay.

The dwarf geeky panda!

CatMuto wrote:
Quote:

I thought hipsters (and non-hipsters) are so confused what the word even means, considering they call someone who likes something a hipster, but call someone who doesn't like something also a hipster.

I always thought a hipster was someone considered (but more like he considered himself) as an intellectual that is able to see what's beyond and in a sense is superior of what he call "the mass" people that represent mindless thinking and ignorance, thus ending up liking things that people usually end up not liking and shitting on things that people or "the mass" like. Per example, if I like independant movies very much I can be considered a hipster because usually people do not really care if there wasn't a commercial attempt to sell it. If people like a lot Transformer and I come and destroy the movie calling it a thing made for "the mass" and everybody that like those movies are the new society zombie or "member of the mass", then I can be called a hipster. Usually they come from art domain and focus on the artsy vision version the entertaining vision.

Now why should I be insulted when I recognize that Call of Duty has some good elements and could be use to improve other games, while I can't see the hype about Antichamber.
Please don't hit me...

Fate Testarossa

Nah, a hipster is a person who denies being a hipster. :)

Fate is made by クロス

OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable

Like you Cat difficult for sake of difficult or due to bad game design *cough* dark souls *cough* ( may get flamed it is is only hard because the design is naff) Lucifers call or SMT nocture is another ( lack of save points and cheap instant death attacks when you near a save point and have to repeat 2 hours of gameplay ) thats doesnt make it hard just annoying.
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes

The dwarf geeky panda!

davech1987 wrote:
Like you Cat difficult for sake of difficult or due to bad game design *cough* dark souls *cough*

Wait I thought what was fun with Dark Soul was it's ridiculous difficulty and the fact that you are always dying.
Please don't hit me...

Shao-Mae wrote:
davech1987 wrote:
Like you Cat difficult for sake of difficult or due to bad game design *cough* dark souls *cough*

Wait I thought what was fun with Dark Soul was it's ridiculous difficulty and the fact that you are always dying.

My husband says he absolutely adores Dark Souls where you want to rage quite because you die so many times before you get to the first boss. Then again, unlike me, he absolutely LOVES grinding...

C-A

High level play

CatMuto wrote:

You know what really grinds my gears as a gamer? Extreme difficulty/"fake" difficulty.

Now I have nothing against difficulty in my games, I like to be challenged. I mean, where's the fun in winning a game if it's a total breeze and nothing really challenges you. Might as well watch an LP or Video Walkthrough if I don't want to experience any difficulty.

But putting the difficulty, by default, too high or otherwise balancing the game unfairly towards the player is also a horrible step. Yes we want a challenge, but not so much that we feel like rage quitting for a few hours because it's too difficult. Balance the game properly.

C-A

Well it depends on what you mean with fake difficulty. Let me ask you Cat, what changed with the rise in difficulty setting? Was it a case of the enemy stats simply rising (so same strategy applies, but you've got to grind a lot more now) or did the enemies became 'smarter'? (same problem is now harder and needs a new and more difficult approach)
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Sjibbey wrote:
Well it depends on what you mean with fake difficulty. Let me ask you Cat, what changed with the rise in difficulty setting? Was it a case of the enemy stats simply rising (so same strategy applies, but you've got to grind a lot more now) or did the enemies became 'smarter'? (same problem is now harder and needs a new and more difficult approach)

Example, upping the difficulty by several steps so you suddenly have much tougher enemies to deal with than you did a few minutes ago, where you are likely to be underleveled - or may not have the right setup of skills/equipment, making it even difficult to grind Experience so you won't die easily, because even the random encounters are too difficult.
Some may say that XIII did this, but there the "excuse" is that you unlocked various parts of the battle system by steps, its roles, figure out how each character works in the leader and AI position, before opening up the entire potential and taking its "training wheels" off because by the time this happens, you should know how the battle system works. (And I still see a whole lot of people complaining that the latter third of XIII is too difficult...)

I had a good game that was a great example of having enemies who were unfairly balanced, but I can't remember the name... I don't think I played it too recently, though.

C-A

<topic title>

There's been six Atelier games on the PS3 (the sixth was just released two days ago.) Four of them have already been ported and enhanced to the Vita and one of them was also remade for the PS3 (so there's basically two versions of the same game on the same system). Yet there's zero word on an ar Tonelico remake. wtf gust

Hopefully ar Nosurge will get things rolling.
Page 4 of 13 [ 512 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station