Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 3 of 7[ 257 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Re: Pokemon 7th Generation: Sun and MoonTopic%20Title

I've felt worse.

Quote:
I can't quite see how they'll add in a snowy area to catch ice types in Alola in a way that isn't hugely jarring.

Generation 5 found a way to stick a desert in the New York-based Unova, so I'm sure the devs can think of something.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Gen VI does lag when it does try to render too many 3-d objects, but it's usually not bad in my opinion considering Gen VI usually runs pretty fast. Heck though, I did notice it lag when I was just checking out Yvetal in my Pokedex the other day when it was trying to just render two Yvetals. Still, I'll take Gen VI's lag over Gen IV's overall slowness any day.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

ASCEND

Klonoahedgehog wrote:
The strange souvenir was an item shaped like a tiki head you got by talking to a guy staying at the various different hotels throughout Kalos.

He goes on and on saying that his home region "Has a battle facility that'll blow your mind!" and "It has some beautiful waterfalls!" he also goes to say that the region isn't Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova. So it's gotta be Sun and Moon's region right?

Hey guys, remember when we were talking about that weird souvenir thing? Well, it was shaped like a tiki head. And you know what place has tiki heads? Hawaii. And what place the Alola region is based off of? Hawaii. You know what this means, right?!

Beautiful waterfalls confirmed for Sun and Moon!
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

People are talking about the potential of 'multiple rivals' in S/M (...uh, maybe we should alter that abbreviation...) because of a screenshot of the player's Litten attacking the darkskinned surfer dude's Rowlet. And people say they don't want four rivals, like in X/Y. Um... maybe it's me, but I NEVER saw more than one actual 'rival' in X/Y. Serena/Calem is your rival. The rest are goldfish droppings that maybe fight you now and then, but have no real desire to compete with you.

C-A

Hates Teen Titan justice

Love the baby hoot hoot it's so cute!

"They won't find the generators Robin and they can't see me they can't see the truth Robin even when it's right in front of them."-Slade

So, Litten is revealed to end up Fire/Ground and Popplio as Water/Fighting.
I don't mind. There is, somewhat, of a triangle going on. Though I would prefer if the second type would be strong against the strong-against-first-type Pokémon. Say, Grass/Flying is countered with a Water/Rock. Strong against Water, but potential of being hit with Rock. Nothing much to say about Litten's type, only that it makes me think Camerupt.

C-A

Gardevoir lover

CatMuto wrote:
So, Litten is revealed to end up Fire/Ground and Popplio as Water/Fighting.
I don't mind. There is, somewhat, of a triangle going on. Though I would prefer if the second type would be strong against the strong-against-first-type Pokémon. Say, Grass/Flying is countered with a Water/Rock. Strong against Water, but potential of being hit with Rock. Nothing much to say about Litten's type, only that it makes me think Camerupt.

C-A

Wouldn't Rowlett still win in that scenario due to Grass beating both water AND rock?

My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/

Far as I know, Rock > Flying.

C-A

is a five star man.

Rock does indeed beat flying. About the starter types, Rowlet is 4x strong against Popplio, Popplio is only 1x strong against Litten, who is also only 1x strong against Rowlet. In fact, Litten's ground type moves shouldn't even hit Rowlet. Rowlet has an unfair advantage then, no? Anyway, I'm remaining cautiously skeptical about the starter types until GF officially confirms them, although I admit the evidence is good.

As for the strange souvenir, what intrigues me most is how it is said to be "depicting a Pokémon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos." Tiki-shaped legendary perhaps?
Visit http://toatalireviews.com for all your TV and video game review needs.

Gardevoir lover

Toatali wrote:
Rock does indeed beat flying. About the starter types, Rowlet is 4x strong against Popplio, Popplio is only 1x strong against Litten, who is also only 1x strong against Rowlet. In fact, Litten's ground type moves shouldn't even hit Rowlet. Rowlet has an unfair advantage then, no? Anyway, I'm remaining cautiously skeptical about the starter types until GF officially confirms them, although I admit the evidence is good.

As for the strange souvenir, what intrigues me most is how it is said to be "depicting a Pokémon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos." Tiki-shaped legendary perhaps?

It's gonna be so cool to see that Tiki Pokemon!

Toatali wrote:

Water would do 4x damage to a fire/ground type
Fire still does 2x to a grass/flying type

Owl has a bit of a defensive advantage but again, Fire and Water are much, much better attack types than Grass so it balances out

CatMuto wrote:
S/M (...uh, maybe we should alter that abbreviation...)

C-A

SuMo

Danksgiving

i actually kinda like the fact that every odd generation they don't balance the starters

is a five star man.

Ah, whoops, I was not paying attention. Does anyone have any guesses for the big June reveal? I'm personally just expecting more new Pokemon, perhaps a better look at the trailer bird, and maybe some more of Alola. Having said that, if there was some big new mechanic, like mega evolution was for X and Y, now might be quite a good time to tease/reveal it, although I doubt there will be anything like that in these games; the introduction of Megas seems too recent for them to go and add another fancy new gimmick to Pokemon battles. I'm currently replaying the Pokemon games and reviewing them for my blog, and its interesting to see how, until the introduction of double battles in Gen III, the changes made to the battle system have been incremental and not immediately noticeable to the casual player. Really, it's only double battles and Mega Evolution that have shaken up the battles in a way that is both mechanically and visually very different. Features such as the introduction of abilities or the physical/special split may have been more fundamentally important, but less noticeable to the non-competitive player. Anyway, it makes me wonder, what, if anything will be changed about the battle system in Gen VII.

Master of sharp things!

We got a new trailer today, showing off some info on our new legendaries, more about the region and some other stuff as well.

The lion legendary is Solgaleo, a psychic/steel type with the new Full Metal Body ability, which prevents its stats from being lowered by any move or ability. It knows the unique move Sunsteel Strike.

The bat legendary is Lunala, a psychic/ghost type with the new Shadow Shield ability, which makes it take 1/2 the damage from attacks when it has full HP. It knows the unique move Moongheist Beam.

This is what Alola looks like, in promotional art:

We're looking at about four main islands and some smaller ones here and there. It looks like there might be more "hidden" by some clouds on the bottom and in the top corners, something GameFreak has definitely done before.

The Pokédex is different this time around, as it has a Rotom living in it that communicates to you directly:

It has several new features to aid you in your journey, including a real-time map on the bottom screen that not only marks important waypoints and locations with unique icons, it can also guide you in the right direction if you're lost or otherwise don't know where you should go.

In addition, you can now add Pokémon to the Pokédex by QR code:

This lets you see the Pokémon and then be able to find them in the world for capture.

I'd say it definitely looks like they took at least some inspiration from Yo-Kai Watch. Not a bad thing really, but it's a bit obvious, especially with the QR code stuff.

Gardevoir lover

Alola still looks kind of small, it's looks like a fun region to explore no doubt but i don't see any space for more than about 5 gyms.

Also scanning QR codes to add to your pokedex? That does sound like Yokai watch, heck the kid in that illustration kind of looks like Nate Adams (protagoist of Yokai watch)

Having paid zero attention to Yokai Watch, I obviously see no connection. As for the islands, well, makes sense for a Hawaiiesque location... I just hope Surf will NOT be mandatory. Sounds stupid, but can we go with my suggestion (and fanmade games' usage) of ITEMS that TAKE ON THE PURPOSE OF HM MOVES? Say, a raft or so for Surf. Shears for Cut. Because I just HATE having to put HM moves onto my Pokémon and either A) having it take up a slot or B) purposefully have to decrease my team power by adding an HM Slave.

C-A

I have no problem with Surf. In my opinion, it's really the only HM moves that's a useful move in battle. Aside from that though, I agree for not being the biggest fan of required HM moves, and it would be nice to have an alternative to get around the islands so I'm not required to always have a Water type Pokemon.

That said, I wonder what IGN is gonna think of this game, considering it has more water than Hoenn.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Renaming old abilities (Clear Body and Multiscale) doesn't make them brand new

Ninty plz

Danksgiving

http://heavy.com/games/2016/06/pokemon-sun-moon-corcoro-leaks-starter-pokemon-evolutions-real-fake-fakemon-rowlet-litten-popplio-evolutions-new-megas-pictures-photos/4/
possible leaks of the mid-evolutions of the starters, but people believe that it's fake

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

it wouldnt be such a goddamn pain if they just let you knock off HMs like any other move. But no, you gotta drag your ass to some obscure asshole tucked away in whatever part of the map the game designers hit with a dart and gotta remove them THAT way. Because fuck you.

Shadowsleuth wrote:
it wouldnt be such a goddamn pain if they just let you knock off HMs like any other move. But no, you gotta drag your ass to some obscure asshole tucked away in whatever part of the map the game designers hit with a dart and gotta remove them THAT way. Because fuck you.

Absolutely agree. Oh, and no trading Pokémon with an HM move. Because I don't know. It's not like HMs are one-time-use how TMs used to be. Makes no sense why I shouldn't be able to trade a Pokémon that I put Cut on.

I just don't want any mandatory move to learn to proceed in the plot. If it's a TM and it's easily obtained, fine. Those I can easily remove on my own. But not an HM. And by god, please, do not add such an overreliance on HMs again like in D/P/Pt and ORAS. Surf, Waterfall, Dive, Strength, I think Defog was sort-of-necessary, it all sucks in the long end. I think ORAS required 3 or 5 HM moves to go through the game. Meaning you need AT LEAST 2 Pokémon that can learn that stuff.

C-A

is a five star man.

Ah shit, new info! The legendaries look cool, and the fact that their abilities are simply re-skinned versions of old abilities isn't anything new *cough*Teravolt and Turboblaze*cough*. I'm also glad to see that battle circles are gone for good, even in non-event battles (although the new UI with the paint brush look isn't great). The new Rotom Pokedex/nav is a really cool, fun concept and the design is great, I'm just a little bit worried if that's what the bottom screen will look like; those big eyes are already putting me off. The map function could also have an impact on easiness that can also be seen with the large numbers of Pokemon Centers in some of the islands, but I'm sure it's optional, owing to the fact we have yet to see Dexnav, PSS or Amie, all of which I'm sure will be returning in some form or another.

The best part of the reveal is definitely the map. I take back everything I said about Alola not being diverse enough. One of the best things about the map is its look - it's done with the same art style as the ORAS map, but looks much better, and side steps the horrible simplified look that the Unova and Kalos maps had. As for interesting features;

Starting Island: There seems to be a waterfall in the forest, which could imply the return of waterfall HM; The department store might be in the first city, which marks a change from previous games; the gyms retain their orange/brown look from ORAS; the trainer school is a lot bigger, and there seems to be a path inside the volcano.

Lighthouse Island: This is where that hotel from the concept art is (probably a gym); The first of two Japanese style towns is here, and there's a graveyard next to it; The large private resort with a golf course could be a new battle maison or a gym; The town directly above that has a gym and a large shiny building that could either be a contest hall or the return of the PWT; The big water feature to the left of that is confusing to me, but its worth noting the FOUR Pokemon Centers on the map between the town I just mentioned and the water feature.

Mountain Island: Here we see the second Japanese town, with a Kinkaku-ji like tower and a Pokemon center only distinguishable bby a mat out front, giving off real Gold and Silver vibes and supporting the idea that SUMO are to Johto what XY were to Kanto; Underneath that is a power plant that could be another villain fight place; At the bottom of the island is a floating platform, perhaps for a gym fight?; The snowy peak is not Victory Road, but a pathway to an observatory; to the upper left of the island is a strange enclosed town.

Canyon Island: Only one Pokemon center here; Some nice ancient ruins on the pathway to the canyons; the platform underneath the spire is where you meet Solgaleo and Lunala, but more fascinating is the tree with light shining down from above onto it - maybe a place for a possible Zygarde event?

Manmade Island; Small castle is League Champion, but the bigger building could be Elite Four, could be a modern victory road, or a huge department store.

I should really be working.

ASCEND

CatMuto wrote:
Absolutely agree. Oh, and no trading Pokémon with an HM move. Because I don't know. It's not like HMs are one-time-use how TMs used to be. Makes no sense why I shouldn't be able to trade a Pokémon that I put Cut on.

There's really no acceptable reason for something like Cut, but I think they did that so you couldn't trade your friend a Pokemon with Surf or Waterfall allowing them to get to places they shouldn't be able to get to yet.

It's still pretty stupid though.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Planetbox wrote:
CatMuto wrote:

There's really no acceptable reason for something like Cut, but I think they did that so you couldn't trade your friend a Pokemon with Surf or Waterfall allowing them to get to places they shouldn't be able to get to yet.

It's still pretty stupid though.

Especially since almost all the games require a specific gym badge to use HM attacks outside of battle anyway

You know the more I think about it I want to choose Popplio because I'm curious on his evolutions. He also looks cute.

I finished Gen VII! ...in a dream. And felt more like ORAS 2.0 because the legendaries were water and fire based again.

C-A

is a five star man.

Two new Pokemon revealed; Nekkoala and Iwanko, one a cute sleepy koala and the other a cute rock type dog, that apparently shares some secret with the starters. Also Zygarde 10% and Complete Form are in the game. Check Serebii for more info because I can't be bothered to do a full write up like the amazing Blademaster_Orca

EDIT; High quality footage of Zygarde; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZ_8s_kWXg That framerate is terrible...

Oh good. Zygarde is now Zorro.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

professional megalomaniac

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location

...I'm getting too old for this shit.

Master of sharp things!

We've got some Sun and Moon news from E3 today, some from Nintendo's livestream and also from a new trailer.

First off, we got three new Pokémon:

The normal-type, Yungoos:

The normal/flying-type, Pikipek:

The bug-type, Grubbin:

The two box legendaries, Solgaleo and Lunala have alternate forms they can enter when they use certain moves in battle:

A new battle mode was revealed called Battle Royal:

It's a four-way trainer battle where the goal is to K.O. as many of your opponents' Pokémon as possible. When any trainer is completely out of usable Pokémon, the Battle Royal is over and the scores are tallied.

Other quality of life changes were made to make things easier overall. During battle, the bottom screen has additional information like which moves of your current Pokémon are effective on the current opponent, and tapping on any Pokémon shows various stats, like any boosts, debuffs and ailments they may currently have. Outside of battle, a shadow appears on the screen when you're about to walk into the field of vision of a nearby trainer.

Gardevoir lover

I am REALLY looking forward to that new battle mode!

So, they get shiny in the other form. Okay.
I don't like how it apparently tells you what to use - I know that Pokémon is mainly designed for kids, but they haven't changed effectiveness/weaknesses/strengths in 20 years. Might just be me, but I would think that's a LITTLE LATE to add in NOW. Ditto with the shadow of entering someone's vision. Might help if I just wanna get to the next damn city, but... still.

I am losing hope more and more of there NOT being an option to turn tutorials off. I don't wanna see again how to catch fucking Pokémon. It's not freaking rocket surgery, Gamefreak! It's easy to figure out, even if you don't hold my hand and tell me for the 15th time how to do it.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
but they haven't changed effectiveness/weaknesses/strengths in 20 years.

C-A

uh they change this a lot actually, they just made big changes last gen

I wasn't thrilled with being told which moves are super-effective but it makes sense to add that function; with over 800 existing Pokemon, expecting a casual player to remember the types of every one is a little daunting

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
uh they change this a lot actually, they just made big changes last gen

I wasn't thrilled with being told which moves are super-effective but it makes sense to add that function; with over 800 existing Pokemon, expecting a casual player to remember the types of every one is a little daunting

Only big changes I know of deal with when new types were added. As in, Gen II and VI. Sure, they made Ghost supereffective against Psychic, but that one wasn't a 'change'. That was a mistake correction. And with Fairy, I liked how they made Poison and Steel more important now.

I know there are a good 19 types by now, but I think I got most of them down fine. Some I may not be super sure about (like Steel... aside from being good against Fairy, off the top of my head, I can't quite recall what they are good against). But whatever happened to Trial and Error gameplay? Or just testing things out, without every unnecessary information shoved up your ass?

C-A

Is the whole super effective moves telling you thing something that comes up automatically each time or is it something that's optional like most of the other helpful features that I saw from what little I got to see?

Being honest, I don't see a problem with the helpful features as long as they play it akin to how FireRed/LeafGreen did and leave it optional. But knowing what's super effective, how much my opponent's attack is lowered, whether it's in my face or not won't change how I'm going to play the game. I'm already aware of these things as is and if it helps the new players that's great. Like Fran said, there's over 800 of these monsters now, memorizing the types to every single creature out there is started to get a bit overwhelming. Adding in this feature makes a lot of sense.

And if I can be real, I still don't really have the Fairy type memorized in terms of strengths and weaknesses, though I account that more to them not being used very much myself. All I know is they're weak to poison and resist and are effective against dragons. So I might actually use the feature for fairies at the very least instead of having to go online and refer to a type chart anyways.

About changes too, as far as I'm aware, aside from the addition to fairies with their strengths and weaknesses, I want to say they made a couple of tweaks to the effectiveness/weakness in the type chart as well to balance out types more. Fairies aside, I really want to say at least a couple of things concerning types are different than Gen V.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Fairies are completely immune to Dragon-type attacks and effective against them. ('bout time they added another weakness for the overpowered Dragons; Ice Pokémon tend to suck with defense) They are harmed by Steel (which is great, since faeries ARE weak to steel or iron objects in most mythology) and Poison (...I don't quite understand that one, though). I'm glad they made Poison a bit more useful, since that and Bug type tended to be among the least used types. I mean, they're not bad, but you get Bugs so frequently and so early, you get tired of them or they have reached their max evolution very fast and can fall behind. Not to mention that most of their Bug-attacks were not all that good at first.

And can we have some flying Pokémon that are NOT part-Normal? Please? It'd be neat.

C-A

If you're talking about early common bird types, the Fletchling line or whatever their name is is Flying/Fire and you had Wingull who was Flying/Water so at least it's been done. What I'd really like is not another Rattata clone.

I wanted to ask too, doesn't the fairy type have some kind of relation to the fire type too in terms of type charts?
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

I've felt worse.

Quote:
I know there are a good 19 types by now, but I think I got most of them down fine. Some I may not be super sure about (like Steel... aside from being good against Fairy, off the top of my head, I can't quite recall what they are good against). But whatever happened to Trial and Error gameplay? Or just testing things out, without every unnecessary information shoved up your ass?

I think it's more for when you come across that one trainer with that one Pokemon you haven't seen before even though they know everything about your Pokemon. Totally didn't happen to me with that Draglage in Gen 6 Elite Four.
Quote:
I wanted to ask too, doesn't the fairy type have some kind of relation to the fire type too in terms of type charts?

Fairy-type attacks deal half damage to fire types.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

ASCEND

As for the whole Normal/Flying thing, I seem to recall seeing some "fan theory" where somebody claimed that Tornadus was the only standard Flying because if a regular Pokemon was a just Flying, it would apparently be too much for their cells to manage and they would be destroyed.
...Yeah, I don't know what that person was thinking.

Planetbox wrote:
As for the whole Normal/Flying thing, I seem to recall seeing some "fan theory" where somebody claimed that Tornadus was the only standard Flying because if a regular Pokemon was a just Flying, it would apparently be too much for their cells to manage and they would be destroyed.
...Yeah, I don't know what that person was thinking.

It's fucking Pokémon, why would you need to explain anything about it? :eh?:

C-A
Page 3 of 7 [ 257 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station