Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 271 of 274[ 10935 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274  Next

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

What's a Court Records?

Kinda going through multiple Etrian Odyssey games at the moment. And a bit of Tomodachi Life.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

eyyyy

I’m currently playing through Persona 4 on the Vita. I feel in love with P5 and I’m loving P4 just as well, if not even more.

Gettin' Old!

It’s hard to pick a favourite of the two. I love the style and some of the new mechanics brought into it but I think I like the main cast of P4 more and it’s villain.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What's a Court Records?

Rehncohro wrote:
Kinda going through multiple Etrian Odyssey games at the moment. And a bit of Tomodachi Life.

Still going through several Etrian Odyssey games. My main focuses right now are the Persona Q games and Etrian Odyssey Nexus.
Why am I even here?

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

A mixture of Gundam Breaker 3, Tekken 7, and Pokemon Ultra Moon.

I haven't bought the new Pokemon game because I'm not hyped about it. They took out so many good Pokemon and gave lame ones extra features so I can wait on it.
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

What's a Court Records?

I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon but to me, not having every Pokemon wouldn't really be a deal breaker. I am a little interested in the new one but I'm not sure if I'm going to get it or not at some point (I don't have a Switch, after all). I only own a few Pokemon games and have only played the older ones. I got Yellow and Crystal on my 3DS. The rest I played (GB and GBA), I always borrowed from friends because my mom's been anti-Pokemon for as long as I can remember.
Why am I even here?

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Rehncohro wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon but to me, not having every Pokemon wouldn't really be a deal breaker.

It's a deal breaker to me because I play competitively and they got rid of 90% of my good teams. And I don't feel like starting over and figuring out who I can replace for older teams, so I can wait on this game.

Also you can't have "Gotta Catch Em All" as a slogan and get rid of 95% of the roster. Seems silly. :edgey: :edgey:
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

What's a Court Records?

Milky wrote:
It's a deal breaker to me because I play competitively and they got rid of 90% of my good teams. And I don't feel like starting over and figuring out who I can replace for older teams, so I can wait on this game.

That much is understandable.
Why am I even here?

Yabba Dabba Doo

Pierre wrote:
It’s hard to pick a favourite of the two. I love the style and some of the new mechanics brought into it but I think I like the main cast of P4 more and it’s villain.

That's where I'm at too. Both stories and characters are great no doubt, but I prefer the more focused narrative and antagonist of P4 over the multiple targets in P5. If only P4 had the gameplay improvements of P5...

Finally starting to move through my backlog a bit. Finished both the Portal games (both of which were excellent), Half-Life (which was fun enough but nothing mindblowing), and am currently working through Hollow Knight (really fun, not a huge fan of the genre though), Yooka Laylee (love it, great throwback to DKC), DOOM (much better than Half-Life, ton of fun) and Umineko (my brain hurts trying to figure out all of the plot twists lmao).

I've felt worse.

Finally getting around to playing Mass Effect 3. Good news is I was able to carry over my ME2 data from my old computer. Bad news is that means Garrus is still dead. :larry:
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

What's a Court Records?

Well, I finished both Persona Q games. I still have a lot of games to go through, but that doesn't stop me from starting up more games. I finished up my second playthrough of Lucid9's prologue, so now I'm just waiting for the update to come out. I also picked up Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time. It's alright so far. I just haven't been able to spend too much time with it yet.
Why am I even here?

Gettin' Old!

Rehncohro wrote:
Well, I finished both Persona Q games. I still have a lot of games to go through, but that doesn't stop me from starting up more games. I finished up my second playthrough of Lucid9's prologue, so now I'm just waiting for the update to come out. I also picked up Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time. It's alright so far. I just haven't been able to spend too much time with it yet.

How was the second one? Is Naoto still horribly broken? I passed on the second one after seeing they just weren't going to bother with English voice acting. Not that that's a sole deciding factor but it was disappointing.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What's a Court Records?

Pierre wrote:
How was the second one? Is Naoto still horribly broken? I passed on the second one after seeing they just weren't going to bother with English voice acting. Not that that's a sole deciding factor but it was disappointing.

I heard Naoto's been nerfed, but I haven't tested that. I just ended up playing with the four protagonists and Aigis. Overall, the combat's a lot better (I HATED it in the first one - it made me almost give up on the game like three times), map design is nicer and no more crappy F.O.E. placement. Q2 is the better game, but neither are as good as the series it crosses with, Etrian Odyssey.
Why am I even here?

I grabbed Octopath Traveler, since that is one of the games I wanted to play. The other is Fire Emblem: Three Houses, but I haven't seen that in the stores I've gone to so far. I am blind about the game, and I picked Ophilia/the Cleric as the first one to follow. What I mostly got in her scenario up to now is a lot of cutscenes and some (minor) dungeon-ing. Currently on the way to Riverlands or something.
I do know one thing about the game, but I don't think that's a story spoiler.

Spoiler: Octopath Traveler - Not Story, But Gameplay Spoiler (?)
That you have to play through all 8 characters' stories, in order to unlock the scenario for the 'True Ending'.

I don't consider this a spoiler because that is done frequently. Go through everything to reveal the final portion. Live A Live did it, by having you go through the 7 scenarios, then you unlocked the Medieval chapter starring Oersted, which gave you access to the final chapter when completed.

I also started a Homeless Mom Challenge for Sims 4.

What's a Court Records?

Decided to go back through the Ace Attorney games. Finished the first game not too long ago and now I'm in the middle of Justice For All.
Why am I even here?

Happy Maria

JfA is an excellent game, enjoy.

What's a Court Records?

Yeah, I like it more than the first one ngl.
Why am I even here?

Happy Maria

It's my favourite of the original trilogy and I think it's better than AA1 even excluding 2-4. It's pretty enjoyable overall.

What's a Court Records?

For me, T&T is better than JFA. But JFA is still pretty enjoyable overall. 2-4 definitely does help though.
Why am I even here?

The Man Who Joined for a Joke

After recently receiving the AA trilogy on Steam as a gift, I spent what must have been half the day picking it up and just enjoying the experience. I'm only up through the start of Turnabout Samurai, but even with a vague knowledge of the first game's overall plot I'm finding it's still a surprising amount of fun picking my way through the puzzles.

No wonder the series is so beloved, eh?
I was going to have a picture here, but the BBCode to resize it isn't working.

Gettin' Old!

Glad to hear you’re loving it! I hope the rereleases inspire them to go on and do more with the property.

I’m working through the Witcher 3 just now and it’s pretty good. XD some of the sidequests leave a horrible feeling though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

Glad you're enjoying! It's a good series.

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Glad to hear you’re loving it! I hope the rereleases inspire them to go on and do more with the property.

I’m working through the Witcher 3 just now and it’s pretty good. XD some of the sidequests leave a horrible feeling though.

Neat! Did the Netflix show get you curious?

I love how even sidequests in the Witcher 3 are interesting stories/events instead of the usual:'Go here and kill X this many times' etc.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Nah I actually didn't even know about the show when I picked it up. I'd planned to try it for a while and Christmas came round so I got it on Switch
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What's a Court Records?

I picked up Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time last month but haven't really had much time to sit down and play it but I've finally managed to get a couple hours in. I really do like the concept of this one. It's pretty cool having to control the older Mario bros. and their baby selves at the same time, but it really can make the action commands much harder to pull off.
Why am I even here?

In Justice We Trust

I've been cutting (pun intended) through Pokémon Sword lately. Maybe it's because I have no life and could therefore play pretty much nonstop this weekend, but the game feels kind of fast to me. The Wild Areas and the stadia certainly provide a feeling of scale, but I'm on the verge of facing the Champion at a bit after the twenty-hour mark. Then again, judging by what a quick search told me, this isn't abnormal for a Pokémon game.

Still, this led me to think back on my playthrough of Pokémon Blue more than twenty years ago. There were so many things I didn't understand about the mechanics back then that I pretty much brute-forced my way through every battle. Once I had Gold, I used the Time Capsule to trade my Dugtrio to it to help me. Ever since then, Dugtrio has held a special place in my heart; the one I caught in my Blue version and traded to my Gold version (and later Crystal) is to this day the only Pokémon I've raised to Level 100. I played through the Red Version at one point after I had a better sense of the mechanics and pretty much curb-stomped everyone (my team was roughly ten levels below the Champion and I still crushed him).

The idea of Pokémon battling being a huge spectator sport akin to soccer (or "football" as you civilized folk call it) is actually something that's appealed to me for a while. I suppose the anime has always done that with the Pokémon League tournament, but the main games didn't do that; the Elite Four and Champion all had their own special chambers where there was no audience, and unless you count the other trainers in the Gym as an audience, the same held true for Gym Leaders. I imagine part of it was the old fear of Pokémon battling looking too similar to dog fighting and other blood sports.

I remember when planning out some Pokémon-themed stories with an offline friend of mine, the need to come up with clear rules for battling arose. It led to us (mostly me) thinking about the way the anime handled battling and how we might be able to expand on it, as well as clarify anything the anime left ambiguous. I wound up crafting a whole mess of rules that primarily drew inspiration from fencing and boxing.

...Right, back to Sword. I'm neutral on the whole Dynamax thing. I'll grant that the developers at least had the foresight to make it an option in plot-significant battles, but I feel as though it almost never factors into my strategy--though maybe that's just because the AI is so predictable when it comes to Dynamaxing.

Bah, I really need to go to bed rather than continue typing this post. I'll probably have more to say tomorrow (it's just a minute or so shy of 11:00 PM on my end).
I'll always love you, Max.

I grabbed myself, and will be playing, Nier: Automata.
I'll be quite honest, I know nothing about this game except the looks of the protagonist and antagonists. And that's because they appear in hentai quite a lot.
But my ex said it has lots of replayability, and 26 endings.

Gettin' Old!

“Endings” is overselling it. There’s like four routes you can do by replaying it and a whole ton of joke endings and special game overs. Still it’s a fun game with some good music. Hope you enjoy it!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Listens to Ace Attorney music 24/7

Finished Yakuza Kiwami 2 (bloody brilliant game I must say) and will be 100% it slowly but surely if I can ever win a game of Mahjong, but right now I'm focusing on completing Ace Attorney Investigations 2 which I'm currently on the 2nd case and Okami HD which I've started last month and am maybe 2/3rds of the way through with some of the greatest storytelling, visuals and music I've ever experienced in a game, no wonder it's an example of games as a form of art.

I've felt worse.

I'm playing through Astral Chain and it's just kinda ... eh. Detective segments aren't really that interesting when 90% of the time, the answer is "it was a chimera." None of the action set pieces reach the same heights of batshit insanity that (the good parts of) Platinum Games' library hit until late in the game. Admittedly the combat is fun, but it takes quite a while for it to really click.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Pierre wrote:
“Endings” is overselling it. There’s like four routes you can do by replaying it and a whole ton of joke endings and special game overs. Still it’s a fun game with some good music. Hope you enjoy it!

I died, and got an Ending for that, before I even made it to solid ground, so... I found it a bit funny that the game warned me with, "This game does not auto-save. Play the game to find out how to save." I made it to the first Goliath-class thing I was supposed to kill, but I have not seen anything that looks like a save. Unless the game doesn't unlock saving until you killed the first boss.

I dunno, the game doesn't seem very gripping to me. I know I shouldn't judge on less than an hour, but... eh, I'm not very interested in the old-school "shoot aliens that fly around you" parts of the game, and the battle seems meh on ground, too.

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I died, and got an Ending for that, before I even made it to solid ground, so... I found it a bit funny that the game warned me with, "This game does not auto-save. Play the game to find out how to save." I made it to the first Goliath-class thing I was supposed to kill, but I have not seen anything that looks like a save. Unless the game doesn't unlock saving until you killed the first boss.

I dunno, the game doesn't seem very gripping to me. I know I shouldn't judge on less than an hour, but... eh, I'm not very interested in the old-school "shoot aliens that fly around you" parts of the game, and the battle seems meh on ground, too.

Definitely not a game worth judging on less than an hour it's a sizable RPG. It's story I suppose is the biggest draw but yeah I had that problem with the first mission too. You basically need to beat it in one to get your first save I think.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

What's a Court Records?

I got Custom Firmware on my 3DS, so I was able to play Dai Gyakuten Saiban, which I finished last week. As of right now, I'm doing Investigations 2. I've played it before but this is my first time using my 3DS instead of an emulator.
Why am I even here?

In Justice We Trust

I've been playing Three Houses again. Now that the Cindered Shadows DLC is out, I wanted to experience a playthrough with the new characters, as well as try out some of the new classes. I've found Hapi in particular to be quite huggable, though I still ship my character with Marianne.

I don't expect to have any use for the War Monk class, as all the characters I tend to train in brawling have Magic growths that are at best merely adequate, and the Pneuma Gale art that comes with mastering the class strikes me as too situational for me to consider it worth the opportunity cost. It also doesn't provide any boost to Speed growths, which are kind of important for brawlers. Looking at it from the magic angle, I see no use for it, either, as any spellcaster who can afford to study both Faith and Brawling is almost certainly better off studying Faith and Reason instead. Being a hybrid class, it also suffers from the problem of not having a good Master class to promote to that retains all of its best skills; mounted spellcasters can't brawl, Gremories are better off specializing in magic, and Mortal Savants have to master two entirely different skills.

The Dark Flier class might be of some use to me, though I still don't expect to use it. Granted, unlike the War Monk class, there are at least some characters I can see benefiting from it. Constance is designed for the class, for starters. I can also see it being of some use to Ingrid and Marianne, as they both have an aptitude for the Flying skill. Marianne's meant to be a spellcaster, albeit one geared toward Faith instead of the Reason demanded of the Dark Flier class. Ingrid's Magic and Strength growths are equal(ly mediocre), but there isn't really an ideal Advanced class for her, in my opinion, so I don't lose much of anything by making her a Dark Flier. The problem is that the Dark Flier class gives up the Magic boost typical of spellcasting classes in exchange for a Speed boost. Ingrid is primarily focused on Speed, but there are other classes that capitalize on her Speed growth even more. Marianne and Constance have adequate Speed growths that would benefit from the Dark Flier class as opposed to the Bishop or Warlock class, respectively, but it would come at the cost of capitalizing on their high Magic growths. There's also the same problem as the War Monk class; there's no Master class I could effectively transition a Dark Flier to.

I do expect to use the Valkyrie class, though. Hapi is designed for the class, and it's a good transitional class from Mage to Dark Knight (a shame it's female-exclusive, as Hubert and Lorenz would have really benefited from it). I tend to make Marianne a Holy Knight, so while training her in Reason makes for a bit of a detour from her usual focus on Faith, having a mounted Advanced class for her that allows her to use magic is worth it, in my opinion. It might be of use to Ingrid, too, if I decide for a Holy Knight or Dark Knight build instead of my usual Falcon Knight build.

As for the Trickster class, I'm definitely going to put it to good use. Its high Speed boost makes it a good Advanced class for Manuela, who also has aptitudes for Swords and Faith. Yuri is also built for the class, and since he's also good with Reason, it's an ideal transitional class for him between Thief and Mortal Savant. It's also a good Advanced class for my character, whom I tend to push toward Speed and whose Enlightened One unique class grants access to magic.
I'll always love you, Max.

The Chocolateholic of CR

Dragon Quest Builders 2. Beat within 5 days. Now I am tackling it again but taking my time. It's more enjoyable if I take it nice and slow. Ob and it's on The Playstation 4 sooo if ya wanna add me on ps4 my name is Dragovian810.
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

Darius Cozmic Collection on Switch.

I love the shoot em ups on this collection, but kicks my ass easily. Regardless, the music is awesome!! :will:

Sleeping is my life.

Just started New Horizons as I got it today along with another game. Played to the point where I felt like I did what I could with my island.

Just trying to get by.

Aside from the KH series, I'm playing Clone Hero, a clone of guitar hero on my laptop's keyboard.
I'm giving this laptop a few weeks max before I eventually rage and ruin the Q key.

Happy Maria

Still playing through The Somnium Files. Got a new ending the other day though, think I'm about halfway done with the game now. Took enough time really.

Gettin' Old!

Southern Corn wrote:
Still playing through The Somnium Files. Got a new ending the other day though, think I'm about halfway done with the game now. Took enough time really.

Wooop! How ya finding it?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 271 of 274 [ 10935 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station