Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 270 of 270[ 10772 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270

Re: What are you playing now?Topic%20Title

That's cause a Link to the Past is a great game! Glad you are enjoying it.

It's pretty old though at this point, how'd you get to playing it at all if you weren't into Zelda?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

What's a Court Records?

I've been wanting to get more into the games on my SNES Classic and I just felt like trying out A Link To The Past. There are still some other games on there I need to get to. I need to eventually finish Earthbound and I want to try Super Mario RPG again at some point.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

Finished Detroit Become Human and it was pretty amazing. Hate the director but no one quite makes games like that.

Looking forward to the New Fire Emblem though!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

In Justice We Trust

Pierre wrote:
Looking forward to the New Fire Emblem though!

Definitely. Just one more day...

High level play

So how is the new Fire Emblem?

I'm especially curious if the 'Dating Simulator' aspects have enhanced once again. It's looking a bit too much anime for my liking, although I haven't seen much from the game yet. What are your thoughts on it?
Creating dreams, let the worlds collide. Escape the void and feel alive
Don't have any answers but I'll survive - In Flames

Sjibbey wrote:
So how is the new Fire Emblem?

I'm especially curious if the 'Dating Simulator' aspects have enhanced once again. It's looking a bit too much anime for my liking, although I haven't seen much from the game yet. What are your thoughts on it?

I'd actually say the dating sim aspects of it have been dialled back. Which is probably for the best, since a lot of it is teacher-student relationships. There's a timeskip in the game and I don't think any actual romance happens until after it when everyone is grown up and young adults in their 20s.

Plus I think romantic pairings for LITERALLY EVERYONE are a thing of the past now or at least greatly lessened. I've not seen any "S-rank" (the romantic level) supports between any characters who aren't the main avatar Byleth. This is probably for the best as the bloody 'breeding' game of Awakening started to grate after a while.

That said the social aspects of the game are stronger than ever! They've taken a few leaves from the Persona series and give you several new ways to hang out with other characters while enhancing their abilities and your own as well (it is a school after all).

Also I can't stress the value of this last point enough:

Characters stay relevant throughout the game(so far). It's not like in other games where say...the noble Archer Virion joins the party, gets a cool moment in his chapter and then fades into obscurity never getting another moment of screentime outside his supports.

Each character will have something to say on the different events going on in the plot and at the school, will participate in school festivals, will show up and offer comment on the plot cutscenes. It keeps their personalities a part of the plot in a way that previous FE games have failed to do and it does a good job of building this sense of a "House". I do think the way they get to pull this off is by having less of the cast be available to you. You do need to choose a house which means you get access to about 8 or 9 of the roster at once meaning that they can have those more bespoke moments for the characters but it's very much improved I think.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

In Justice We Trust

I love Three Houses. I completed my first playthrough a little less than two hours ago. Pretty much every criticism I have is more of a "this needed more polish" or "this idea should have been taken farther" criticism than a "never do this again" criticism.

I agree with Pierre's comparison to the Persona games as far as the player character's interactions are concerned. I'd have appreciated a greater variety of dialogue options, as well as more dialogue prompts, but I can understand why the developers may have wanted to play it safe when trying the idea out. Hopefully, future releases will continue down this road; I absolutely loved the variety and frequency of dialogue choices in Tyranny, so I'd love to see that in the next Fire Emblem game that has a player character (amusingly for me, "glare silently" seems to be the male player character's default expression in Three Houses).

Regarding romance, any paired ending that doesn't involve the player character is derived from A-Level supports rather than S-Level. I don't know yet how the game decides which endings to prioritize in the event that one character has an A-Level support with multiple potential partners, though I haven't exactly looked it up, either. Also, there are some A-Level supports that result in non-romantic paired endings. As for the player character, the S-Level support conversation (should you choose to marry your character off to someone) always occurs at the end of the game.

I feel character relevance is akin to what I saw in Echoes. Regarding playable characters, there are primary characters, secondary characters, and tertiary characters. Primary characters include the player character and whichever Lord they align with; their story significance is pretty much typical Lord fare (Alm and Celica were this in Echoes). Secondary characters include the rest of the House and possibly some others who join up automatically for plot-related reasons; these people continue to give input throughout the game (in Echoes, that included Clair, Boey, Mae, Tobin, Saber, and a few others). Tertiary characters are anyone you recruit; they tend to fade into the background save for in the occasional Paralogue (Palla, Delthea, Atlas, Kamui, and other optional characters fell into this category in Echoes). I'd have liked to have all tertiary characters bumped up to secondary, but that probably would have required the game to have all manner of different versions of cutscenes to account for the presence or absence of each character; simply covering all possibilities in your own House was probably enough of a pain to program, so I can excuse maintaining the distinction between secondary and tertiary characters.

I also like the new class system overall, and I'm quite pleased that weapons are not locked to any particular class (though only certain classes may use magic). I will grant that I found some of the requirements for certain classes frustrating, but that may have had more to do with which class I put everyone in than anything else. I'll probably refine my plans for my next playthrough to spare myself some hassle.

I also have my share of praise for certain aspects of the story, though I can't go into detail there without spoiling things. Maybe I'll talk about it later once I've gone through all the potential paths.

What's a Court Records?

I decided to give Aura Kingdom a try. It's been pretty fun so far.
Why am I even here?

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam Discord

I'll echo your sentiments about some frustrations with the class requirements General. Also the gender-locked classes are annoying too.

I spent a fair bit of time training Leonie in brawling (unarmed weapons are now a thing and I love them) only to discover that the Brawler class was gender locked to men only. So my backup plan involved training her in swords to be a mercenary. She idolises a famous mercenary and that's probably still got good stats but by the point I'm skilled enough, she's already several levels higher than the point she should have class swapped at. I think a friend told me that Hero (typically the upgraded Mercenary class) is also gender locked which might be a kick in the teeth later too.

Plus Dark Mage is male only for some reason despite not being before so Lysithia's natural affinity for Black Magic won't be able to be fully developed as I'd like it to be.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Yabba Dabba Doo

Pierre wrote:
I'll echo your sentiments about some frustrations with the class requirements General. Also the gender-locked classes are annoying too.

I spent a fair bit of time training Leonie in brawling (unarmed weapons are now a thing and I love them) only to discover that the Brawler class was gender locked to men only. So my backup plan involved training her in swords to be a mercenary. She idolises a famous mercenary and that's probably still got good stats but by the point I'm skilled enough, she's already several levels higher than the point she should have class swapped at. I think a friend told me that Hero (typically the upgraded Mercenary class) is also gender locked which might be a kick in the teeth later too.

Plus Dark Mage is male only for some reason despite not being before so Lysithia's natural affinity for Black Magic won't be able to be fully developed as I'd like it to be.

The gender-locked classes are so dumb. I trained up Linhardt in both Faith and Reason, only to find out that Gremory is locked to females. There isn't any other combo class for the two, and I wasn't gonna convert him to a knight, so he was stuck with nowhere to go. So dumb.

I've felt worse.

Stardew Valley is a game about taking a break from the stressors of life and my dumbass collapsed from exhaustion on Day 1.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

tiger_festival wrote:
Stardew Valley is a game about taking a break from the stressors of life and my dumbass collapsed from exhaustion on Day 1.

Weeeeell, your character has been working for Joja for quite some time. They probably just have to get used to the idea of not having to work past the point of exhaustion. :godot:

I like the idea behind Stardew Valley, and I know they said some of the Bokujo Monogatari games (especially the N64 one) were an influence by having the dark stuff in the game, but... I feel like the creators of Stardew Valley completely missed the point of the dark stuff in those games. The whole point was that, yes, there were SOME dark elements there... but they were either subtle or missable, and you still had a lot of happy stuff to focus on.

Stardew Valley decided that everyone needed a bad background, and it put so much heavy, dark stuff there, it really puts me off playing the game...
Page 270 of 270 [ 10772 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 266, 267, 268, 269, 270

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station