Board index » General » Bar Exam

Page 1 of 1[ 15 posts ]

The Proposition to Reduce the Amount of CrapTopic%20Title

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

So, I was thinking.

There are some threads in the Wright & Co. Law Offices that suck.

Okay, more than 'some', but specifically I'm referring to the "what are you doing", "how's the weather", "what are you wearing", and "how are you feeling" threads.

In order to reduce suckage, why not just combine all of these into one big Captain Planet "tweeting" (for lack of a better word) thread? This way, these sources of suck would be confined to a single thread, instead of four threads cluttering the board.

It would be like having your own twitter account BUT ON COURT RECORDS.

It would increase the amount of substance in posts; rather than people just submitting one sentence at a time (i.e. "I feel good/okay/bad"), they could submit up to four (4) sentences! Or more! If they so choose! And by 'substance', I purely mean wordcount, not the quality of said words being relayed.

Or they could just all get a twitter account, I don't really care.

tl;dr - crush these four threads into one? y/n?

P.S. I'm not really asking the opinion of the general public, just the mods, but you're free to give one if you feel so inclined.
Re: The Proposition to Reduce the Amount of CrapTopic%20Title

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Is THAT what Twitter is for? :udgy:

Now I wonder whether I should join or not..... :yuusaku:

And if you don't like those threads, just ignore them. Easy as pie. :gant:
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

My affinity towards these threads is not the point of discussion.

The matter is whether or not it would be a good idea to compress these threads into one.

It's not like I'm saying they should be banned and deleted. That would turn away the... "casual" audience. People such as yourself. Not that I would care, of course. But I'm sure the administration of this website doesn't want to offend its casual members by getting rid of all the casual threads.

Maybe they'd offend you in another way, but probably not by deleting all of your casual threads.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

The matter is whether or not it would be a good idea to compress these threads into one.

It's not like I'm saying they should be banned and deleted. That would turn away the... "casual" audience. People such as yourself. Not that I would care, of course. But I'm sure the administration of this website doesn't want to offend its casual members by getting rid of all the casual threads.

Maybe they'd offend you in another way, but probably not by deleting all of your casual threads.

What? :gregory:
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Get Funky, +10 Pulchritude

maybe a thread like "random things you feel like sharing about yourself/your location"...?

Yaragorm wrote:
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:

What? :gregory:

i think he means that these threads shouldn't be deleted, so as to not offend anyone like you who likes these threads, but combined into one, to reduce the amount of crap.

i'm just repeating gyakuten phoenix, aren't i.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Experience has taught me that people are always going to find a way to make 1 sentence posts about nothing. I don't think 4 threads to fulfill that purpose is excessive.
ImageImage

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

It seems plausible, but I think not. Those threads are too big already, and have their own topic. Of course, we could have new rules from now on, similar to the 50 word/paragraph rule for the RP section: "You must post x amount of words or you'll be considered as spamming" or something like that.

Now, if somebody tries to create another thread similar to it, I say either merge it to another one or lock it, that's for sure.

Audere est facere.

Well, it seems possible to merge it all together, yet I'd think many of the posts would consist of short one-liners. And the owners of the topics have to also agree to have their own topics locked up for the sole purpose of merging the topics all together.
I've been away for far too long.
So long, in fact, that all of my signatures now exist behind a paywall.
Bummer.

Moving on up!

angel_of_nature wrote:
Well, it seems possible to merge it all together, yet I'd think many of the posts would consist of short one-liners. And the owners of the topics have to also agree to have their own topics locked up for the sole purpose of merging the topics all together.

You don't lock topics to merge them together.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

nuuuuu, stoooooop

DeMatador wrote:
Now, if somebody tries to create another thread similar to it, I say either merge it to another one or lock it, that's for sure.

I agree that we don't need any more similar to those. If we were to "merge" the ones already there, it would be easiest to lock them and create a new thread that encompasses all four areas, but I don't see that they're taking up enough space or causing enough of an inconvenience that it's necessary.
ImageImage

They don't :c

Location: http://www.ezilon.com/maps/images/southamerica/political-map-of-Argentina.gif

Croik wrote:
but I don't see that they're taking up enough space or causing enough of an inconvenience that it's necessary.

Exactly my point.

I say they should stay, but it would be nice to have a rule about one-liners. It would be great to start reading posts with more substance.

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

Croik wrote:
DeMatador wrote:

I agree that we don't need any more similar to those. If we were to "merge" the ones already there, it would be easiest to lock them and create a new thread that encompasses all four areas, but I don't see that they're taking up enough space or causing enough of an inconvenience that it's necessary.

It's not so much that they're an inconvenience, it's just that they're... bad. I mean, have you seen the posts in the more active of them lately?

But if it's not a big deal, then that's fine too.

Moving on up!

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
It's not so much that they're an inconvenience, it's just that they're... bad. I mean, have you seen the posts in the more active of them lately?

But if it's not a big deal, then that's fine too.

Yeah, they're pretty much spam fodder or used like a chat room. Especially the "What are you doing now?" thread.

I'd hate to see the post count if all four were merged to together. I see the creation of a new thread being an excuse for people to post more spam quality posts to get the post count of the thread up again.
Thanks to Blinq for the awesome sig. Click the sig, see my stuff.
Edgeworth/Maya Community. A friends, as lovers, as part of OT3s. All Welcome.
"Yeah, I wouldn't go asking random guys if you can lick their penor." crouton December 2009

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

Hm, yeah, now that you mention it, that's probably what would happen.

Dang. I thought it could have worked... Oh well. Back to the drawing board. Or not. We'll see how it goes.

nuuuuu, stoooooop

Thank you for offering your suggestions for the forum Gyakuten Phoenix~
ImageImage
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » General » Bar Exam