Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 4 of 4[ 131 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: The Kindaichi Case FilesTopic%20Title

迷探偵

Bad Player wrote:
Spoiler: Grand Finale
What was in that letter, though? Do we ever find out? :eh?:

Yep, though it's nothing extremely big, and just a hook for the second season.

Spoiler:
Takatoo left Hajime some presents...

"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

1000% Knight

Ah, I see.

Also, I remembered one other thing I wish was different:
Spoiler:
When Takato asked Kindaichi how he had figured out that Takato didn't actually commit suicide...

I wanted Kindaichi to say, "Because you doing that would've been BORING"

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

迷探偵

Oh, yeah, Itsuki made his first appearance in years in the second story in volume 5 of the R series. Too bad it's an absolutely horrible story at this point (featuring a ridiculously designed building even for Kindaichi Shounen standards).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear

1000% Knight

Ash wrote:
Oh, yeah, Itsuki made his first appearance in years in the second story in volume 5 of the R series. Too bad it's an absolutely horrible story at this point (featuring a ridiculously designed building even for Kindaichi Shounen standards).

It's okay as long as Itsuki is there I'll be satisfied <3
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Don't call me Shirley

Just recently watched the Shanghai Mermaid case, that was a very weak and predictable case :(

迷探偵

The story was originally written for the 1997 live-action film (the novel was released simultaneously), so it does feel a bit 'different' at times from normal cases, like the Kowloon Treasure story. While not one of the series' best, I did like the slightly different atmosphere (without going overboard like Deep Bue Massacre).

Don't call me Shirley

Ash wrote:
The story was originally written for the 1997 live-action film (the novel was released simultaneously), so it does feel a bit 'different' at times from normal cases, like the Kowloon Treasure story. While not one of the series' best, I did like the slightly different atmosphere (without going overboard like Deep Bue Massacre).

How's deep blue massacre, by the way? Is that a good case?

迷探偵

Meh, it's mostly memorable because it's so different, with Kindaichi & Miyuki being part of a group of hostages during a terrorist attack. It's at times more like a Conan film... The film and the novel were released around the same time (1999), but are quite different save for the basic concept. The TV series adaptation of the story is based on the novel (this is the only story that has been animated twice, AFAIK).

The film has an awesome ending though!

Don't call me Shirley

Ash wrote:
Meh, it's mostly memorable because it's so different, with Kindaichi & Miyuki being part of a group of hostages during a terrorist attack. It's at times more like a Conan film... The film and the novel were released around the same time (1999), but are quite different save for the basic concept. The TV series adaptation of the story is based on the novel (this is the only story that has been animated twice, AFAIK).

Oh I see, well I'll reserve judgment until I see it but it's a bit of a shame it deviates from the usual formula (or genre, rather), especially since the setting looked very nice. Thanks for your answer!

PS : on a side note, I just saw Murders on the screen the other day, and it was a rather pleasant surprise, the plot tried some new things and at least the killer/victimes weren't obvious 5 minutes in.

Don't call me Shirley

Looks like Kindaichi Returns returns this fall!

Shtak wrote:
Ash wrote:

Oh I see, well I'll reserve judgment until I see it but it's a bit of a shame it deviates from the usual formula (or genre, rather), especially since the setting looked very nice. Thanks for your answer!

PS : on a side note, I just saw Murders on the screen the other day, and it was a rather pleasant surprise, the plot tried some new things and at least the killer/victimes weren't obvious 5 minutes in.

Hello.
Page 4 of 4 [ 131 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios