Page 10 of 41[ 1610 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 41  Next

Re: Rate the Last Movie you SawTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Quote:
YOU LOSE THE GAME

I lost the game.

Red Cliff: 9/10

It was the big hefty 4 hour one too so it was awesome!
I only deducted the mark because there was no Pang Tong that lovable ugly drunkard.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

lying is bad

Pierre wrote:
Quote:
YOU LOSE THE GAME

I lost the game.

I only deducted the mark because there was no Pang Tong that lovable ugly drunkard.

Hey, was the Red Cliff thing based on the battle of the red bluffs?

Gettin' Old!

VeryHappyTaffy wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Quote:
YOU LOSE THE GAME

I lost the game.

Hey, was the Red Cliff thing based on the battle of the red bluffs?

Don't know about that...it's based on the Battle of Chi Bi (AKA Red Cliff).

From the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

lying is bad

Oh yes, that is the most overhyped battle in Chinese History. I love it :P. I'm not sure what Chi bi means in mandarin though.

There's also a superHD series on the Three Kingdoms that I own, but since I can't really read the title, I dunno what it is. It's definitely good though ^_^. 10/10, with amazing real-world graphics.

And goodly realistic too. Heroes can stall an army of grunts, but can't come nearly close to physically killing them single handedly. ^_^

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that Chi bi doesn't translate into "red bluffs" or "cliffs".

Gettin' Old!

VeryHappyTaffy wrote:
Oh yes, that is the most overhyped battle in Chinese History. I love it :P. I'm not sure what Chi bi means in mandarin though.

There's also a superHD series on the Three Kingdoms that I own, but since I can't really read the title, I dunno what it is. It's definitely good though ^_^. 10/10, with amazing real-world graphics.

And goodly realistic too. Heroes can stall an army of grunts, but can't come nearly close to physically killing them single handedly. ^_^

There's a three kingdom's series?! God tell me more.
And it's not that overhyped :P though Chi Bi I think just means Red Cliff's according to my friend. A much smaller force defeating a larger force seems worthy of historical note.

However Zhuge Liang's plans concern me if they are all based on "Hey man the wind will come just chiiilll" :yogi:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

lying is bad

He's....not....actually, I don't think he's that smart. I could have come up with plans like feinting a surrender and then committing mass arson, which really says something.

Heh, yeah, you know how WWII and the civil war and stuff are so popular in western movies? Well the three kingdoms and the Second Sino-Japanese war are just as popular with Chinese audience. Pfft, I bet there are like hundreds and hundreds of series like this.

Uh uh, Chi bi isn't red cliffs, I don't think. The word for red is "hong". Lol, anyways, I think it's named after the city of "chi bi".

Well, ZhugeLiang wasn't exactly crippled or anything, and Cao Cao's overwhelming numerical superiority and his big ego probably contributed to overconfidence and recklessness. So it was easier to make a surrender believable. Then those idiots fought on burning ships. Yeah, I don't think they're that smart.

I have a great idea. A red bluffs RP!

Gettin' Old!

VeryHappyTaffy wrote:
He's....not....actually, I don't think he's that smart. I could have come up with plans like feinting a surrender and then committing mass arson, which really says something.

Heh, yeah, you know how WWII and the civil war and stuff are so popular in western movies? Well the three kingdoms and the Second Sino-Japanese war are just as popular with Chinese audience. Pfft, I bet there are like hundreds and hundreds of series like this.

Uh uh, Chi bi isn't red cliffs, I don't think. The word for red is "hong". Lol, anyways, I think it's named after the city of "chi bi".

Well, ZhugeLiang wasn't exactly crippled or anything, and Cao Cao's overwhelming numerical superiority and his big ego probably contributed to overconfidence and recklessness. So it was easier to make a surrender believable. Then those idiots fought on burning ships. Yeah, I don't think they're that smart.

I have a great idea. A red bluffs RP!

I'm still not sure what you mean by Red Bluffs but it's not really all Zhuge Liang's plan, Zhou Yu (WUUUUU!) had a good deal to do with it and some of the strategies they did before the final battle were ingenious.

Like how Zhuge Liang got 100,000+ arrows in 3 days.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

lying is bad

I knew I'd be wrong. Looks like there's more to military strategy than just tactical command.

Shit, I knew it. That movie (red cliff/bluff) that you were talking about was the same as the one I was talking about. Well, we both gave it favorable ratings, eh? And...uh...there's a 70 part series that's called "Sanguoyanyi"

So, you wanna do the RP thing?

Gettin' Old!

VeryHappyTaffy wrote:
I knew I'd be wrong. Looks like there's more to military strategy than just tactical command.

Shit, I knew it. That movie (red cliff/bluff) that you were talking about was the same as the one I was talking about. Well, we both gave it favorable ratings, eh? And...uh...there's a 70 part series that's called "Sanguoyanyi"

So, you wanna do the RP thing?

How would that work though?

Most rp's I see here crash and burn at least in my experience.

But yeah if the film had any degree of accuracy the battle was filled with strategy. Zhou Yu's plan to kill Cai Mao before the battle was pretty awesome too.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The Twisted Samurai

U tow get off topic!
Take this to PMs
I didn´t see a movie recently
But I like Grease 10/10
I dunno why
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Gettin' Old!

Coffee Prosecutor wrote:
U tow get off topic!
Take this to PMs
I didn´t see a movie recently
But I like Grease 10/10
I dunno why

Coffee...shut up.

Quote:
But yeah if the film had any degree of accuracy the battle was filled with strategy. Zhou Yu's plan to kill Cai Mao before the battle was pretty awesome too.

I discussed the last film I'd seen positively, on topic.
If anything Grease isn't the last movie you've seen so you are completely off topic.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

lying is bad

We're kind of talking about a movie here, dude, don't be so vigilante that you start to mis-police things.

I'm guessing that the plan to assassinate the general failed, right? Damn, they always do in movies! And red bluffs is indeed the last movie I saw. It seemed more like a mini-series to me, though, but I guess it's because I didn't pay a lot of attention.

Gettin' Old!

VeryHappyTaffy wrote:
We're kind of talking about a movie here, dude, don't be so vigilante that you start to mis-police things.

I'm guessing that the plan to assassinate the general failed, right? Damn, they always do in movies! And red bluffs is indeed the last movie I saw. It seemed more like a mini-series to me, though, but I guess it's because I didn't pay a lot of attention.

Nono in the film both Cai Mao and the other important navy officer guy got killed.

The best thing is it was Cao Cao who did it himself, ordered em beheaded XD. Then one of his officers is like "Uhh...but who'll sail the ships?" and he went "Halt!" *chop*.

It was ingenious.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Holy whack! Unlyrical lyrics Andre

2010 I give it 20 out of 10!!
Very nice visuals, great storyline and a it makes you feel good(dunno why though!!)
I reccomend it!
Image Image

A beautiful world indeed.

Ghostbusters 7.9/10

It was entertaining, but I feel that I might have been underwhelmed by all the hype surrounding it.

Breaking hiatus.

"2012" 7/10

Special effects were awesome, but the story line was very far-fetched

Last edited by LordWolfODonnell on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oo H4RDMEISTER oO wrote:
2010 I give it 20 out of 10!!
Very nice visuals, great storyline and a it makes you feel good(dunno why though!!)
I reccomend it!

LordWolfODonnell wrote:
"2010" 7/10

Special effects were awesome, but the story line was very far-fetched

Isn't the movie called, "2012?"
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Pretentious? Moi?

Roman Holiday

10/10

Breaking hiatus.

Catgrenade wrote:

2012 is the movie about the Mayan Calendar's predicted end of the world,

2010 is the movie about the Polish Calendar's predicted end of the world.

Apply directly to the forehead

Location: New Mexico (If you can find any more empty space, your in Paris Hilton's brain)

The Blind Side I'd give it an 8.5/10

Gettin' Old!

SD-Rim_6 wrote:

What is it about?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Location: New Mexico (If you can find any more empty space, your in Paris Hilton's brain)

Pierre wrote:
SD-Rim_6 wrote:

What is it about?

It is a true story about a football player who, when he was 18, was homeless and had no family to go to. He is seen by a woman who feels sorry about his current situation and asks him if he would like to live with her and her family for a while. The film follows the woman as she tries to help him with his grades in school and his struggles with trying to make it onto the football team. The help of her and her family gets him to become a great football player and gets him off to college and later the NFL. It is a good movie if you like sports movies (which I do) but if you don't like sports movies don't expect this one to change you perspective on the genre.

Keeping Mum

7/10

What I thought would be predictable turned out to be the opposite. There were plenty of twists to keep me interested. The well known actors, Rowan Atkinson and Maggie Smith portray characters outside of their speciality, which was a fresh interesting experience.
Spoiler: Do a nice thing today,
Give your computer some love. <3

AKA Dr. Bokchoy

LordWolfODonnell wrote:
Catgrenade wrote:

2010 is actually the sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Though I highly doubt anyone who mentioned "2010" in this thread was truly referring to it besides me.

Breaking hiatus.

Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:
LordWolfODonnell wrote:
Catgrenade wrote:

2010 is actually the sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Though I highly doubt anyone who mentioned "2010" in this thread was truly referring to it besides me.

Nope :hobolaugh:

I just saw Fantastic Mr. Fox and I would give it a 9/10. The animation was absolutely stunning and all of the characters were well written and very likable.

Gettin' Old!

SD-Rim_6 wrote:
I just saw Fantastic Mr. Fox and I would give it a 9/10. The animation was absolutely stunning and all of the characters were well written and very likable.

Does it butcher the original plot though?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
SD-Rim_6 wrote:

Does it butcher the original plot though?

I did not read the book so I don't know

:)

Coppo wrote:
Keeping Mum

7/10

What I thought would be predictable turned out to be the opposite. There were plenty of twists to keep me interested. The well known actors, Rowan Atkinson and Maggie Smith portray characters outside of their speciality, which was a fresh interesting experience.

Oh I used to love that film. I still like it, I thought it was really funny when Grace asked if Revering Goodfellow ever thought about sex. I agree with ya, I thought it was a really pleasant film.

Fantastic Mr.Fox- 7.5/10

It wasn't BAD or anything...I just didn't like it until the second half. And I would probably like it more if the rat didn't die. ;___;

Gettin' Old!

Duclis wrote:
Fantastic Mr.Fox- 7.5/10

It wasn't BAD or anything...I just didn't like it until the second half. And I would probably like it more if the rat didn't die. ;___;

SPOIIIILEEEEERRRRSS!!!!
:edgeworth: The tag is there for a reason ugh now I don't wanna see it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

All You Need is Love. &hearts;

Movie: Yes Man

Rating: 7/10.

Spoiler: Cut for SPOILERSSS.
The movie wasn't as funny as I was hoping. The only part that really had me busting a gut was towards the end with Jim Carrey and the motorcycle.

However, the romantic that I am, I realllly enjoyed Karl and Allison's relationship. It was absolutely adorable and sweet and it made me melt. :acro:

The message in the movie was great, though. It was a good way to spend a Friday evening. <3

.:Proud Manfred x Franziska shipper:.
Fanfiction Fanart
Daughter to eliasbloodmoon and ApollaJustice.

Pierre wrote:
SPOIIIILEEEEERRRRSS!!!!
:edgeworth: The tag is there for a reason ugh now I don't wanna see it.

OH SHIT I FORGOT D:

If it makes it any better,
Spoiler:
the rat was a villain and it's a minor part of the movie

NEW ONE!

Bagi, the Monster of Mighty Nature- 8/10
I really liked it, BUT, just as a warning, I wouldn't watch this around children because it's full of fetish fuel (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FetishFuel) and violence....which I learned the hard way because I watched this with my sister, lol! And the ending made her cry for a bit. Oopsie.

:)

A Christmas Carol

8/10
It was good, some bits of it were funny.

The Twisted Samurai

Insomnia-Sleepless 9.5/10
a cool thriller, I liked it :edgy:
"The hammer that strikes too fast has no time to aim."

Lol. I can see Uranus.

Location: Lost in the deepest part of my church. (That place is a laberynth!)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine 8.9/10

LAZORS AND BLADES AND FLYING ASIANS(well, not literally flying :sadshoe: )

doesn't stray from the plot, cool bad guys and the starting credits were almost as cool as the final fight.

worth watching, i recommend it. :jake:
awesome sig by Ptapcc!
Deviantart!

Aw the Beatles were so innocent!

Team America: World Police 9/10

I love this film, can't get enough of it. It's funny and it's amazing to see puppets do so many action scenes.
Image Image Lovely Rita

Perpetual Prosecutor

Seven Pounds - 9/10

I love these more dramatic and emotional (non-romantic) movies, so I really liked Seven Pounds.
Every minute of it was so poetic... And the ending was shattering.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Iron Man...

Indiana Jones...

This guy is a Super Mario Bros GOD!
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!

Call me Ishmael.

Boy A

7/10

Twas pretty good, I guess.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Page 10 of 41 [ 1610 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 41  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios