Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 4 of 4[ 138 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Re: Superhero movies!Topic%20Title

Quote:
Quote:
My friend showed me this video yesterday. ^^; I don't get the joke.

Loki = I can't seem to hit the LOW KEY.

You seriously don't get it?

Ace Sidekick!

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
My friend showed me this video yesterday. ^^; I don't get the joke.

Loki = I can't seem to hit the LOW KEY.

You seriously don't get it?

Now I do, thanks!

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Just found out that the main villain for Avengers 2 is gonna be Ultron! Fuck yes. Film's gonna be called Avengers: Age of Ultron and James Spader is gonna play Ultron.
I only know Spader from a few episodes from The Office when he was a guest star, but I can totally see him being a calm psychopathic robot. Well, the voice anyways.
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/08/ultron-avengers-faq/
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Ace Sidekick!

I finally started watching the original Spiderman trilogy...Well Emiyo told me I should probably steer clear of the 3rd one.

Ok, Spiderman 2002........I broke my personal record for how many times I screamed "Oh my God!!!!!" during a movie.

And dat climax! Gods that climax, and for once at that point everyone in New York stopped acting like total jerkfaces. And I thought the movie ended on a good note...Even though I was upset after cheering for Peter and MJ which confuses me because I am on team Peter and Gwen.

So yes, I thought this movie was awesome...The main characters had a lot of life breathed in them. But I like Amazing Spiderman better because it's a bit more character driven and Peter isn't too stereotypically nerd. In ASM Peter was arrogant but it didn't bother me because his arrogance is treated like a flaw and it shows.

Ok, I'm probably going to get rocks tossed at me for that (because apparently unpopular opinions are the devil on CR) I am aware that in some ways the original is a bit better I just can't wrap my fingers around it. (Well I did like Peter's relationship with Aunt May.)

Gettin' Old!

Emiko Nabile Gale wrote:
I finally started watching the original Spiderman trilogy...Well Emiyo told me I should probably steer clear of the 3rd one.

Ok, Spiderman 2002........I broke my personal record for how many times I screamed "Oh my God!!!!!" during a movie.

And dat climax! Gods that climax, and for once at that point everyone in New York stopped acting like total jerkfaces. And I thought the movie ended on a good note...Even though I was upset after cheering for Peter and MJ which confuses me because I am on team Peter and Gwen.

So yes, I thought this movie was awesome...The main characters had a lot of life breathed in them. But I like Amazing Spiderman better because it's a bit more character driven and Peter isn't too stereotypically nerd. In ASM Peter was arrogant but it didn't bother me because his arrogance is treated like a flaw and it shows.

Ok, I'm probably going to get rocks tossed at me for that (because apparently unpopular opinions are the devil on CR) I am aware that in some ways the original is a bit better I just can't wrap my fingers around it. (Well I did like Peter's relationship with Aunt May.)

Hmmm...for me the fact he IS portrayed as cool in ASM is what puts me off that film. It's too Gary Sue in my eyes, the best of all worlds, the woman the coolness the smarts the superpowers.

After all that's what made Tobey Maguire's one kinda interesting, he had his character development, he worked hard but was a little weak and spindly then with a little power and a fair bit of tragedy he matured and grew up a bit. It made the difference in his life more apparent.

Though eh I really like Spiderman 2, Doc Ock makes a fantastic villain with some great scenes in it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

aka Ami <3

Is ASM the recent Spiderman movie? I remember avoiding that one, since the trailers tended to portray Peter Parker as a spiky-haired pretty boy you'd probably find at an Ivy League frat. Which is... sort of the opposite of Peter Parker. I mean, I'm all for trying new things, but this seemed a tad far. Like, the new Earth 2 Green Lantern is gay instead of Obsidian (his grandson, if I'm correct? I'm having trouble remembering). It doesn't really change anything intrinsic about his character beforehand, and allows DC to explore a gay character outside of the incredible Gail Simone. But what you say seems to confirm my suspicions from the trailer, and... to me, it'd be like changing Clark from a small-town farm alien from Kansas to a bratty reporter that burns people's tablets just to get in the good graces of his girlfriend we know he's going to leave/be left by at some point. ... Oh, wait.

Anyway, there are certain things that are integral for certain characters. Batman is a vengeful orphan with a rich, playboy bachelor facade. Certain things may change about Batman- his age, his gadgets, his likes and dislikes in entertainment, his approach towards other supers, his relationship with other characters, and even the relationship with Alfred (I've seen it portrayed well as a just-business relationship that has a strong level of trust to a psuedo-father figure and an orphan who has one person in the entire multiverse that understands him and how he feels).

But maybe this is me being stubborn and not changing with the times. I mean, maybe Wonder Woman can be the Highlander of the Greek Pantheon, and maybe Superman can be without the strongman briefs only worn by circus performers in the early 1900's. Maybe Scarface can be left behind in favor of Ferdie the puppet whose drill will pierce the heavens.

Nostalgia is a harsh mistress, and I doubt I'm being fully objective- or even articulate in my points.

State Alchemist

Better dust this off and start some more conversations here, because he got some more superhero related stuff on the horizon! Like LokiThor: The Dark World, which I have yet to see, AND the official release of the first Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer!

The King of All

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
Better dust this off and start some more conversations here, because he got some more superhero related stuff on the horizon! Like LokiThor: The Dark World, which I have yet to see, AND the official release of the first Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer!

I wasn't a big fan of Thor 2, the plot was too hard to follow, and don't get me started with Darcy. :ron:
The king of all, Sir Duke

Gettin' Old!

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:

I've been dying to see Thor 2 for ages but circumstances for me and my friends have never aligned so we could :(

Sounds like everyone is just ranting over Loki these days, he's so absurdly popular.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

An Enigma Among Humans

Any news about that Guardians of the Galaxy movie?

The King of All

So... Batman Vs. Superman was pushed back by 10 months. The other film it's competing with? An unannounced Marvel Phase 3 film. This is going to get interesting.

Gettin' Old!

Deadpool 9 wrote:
So... Batman Vs. Superman was pushed back by 10 months. The other film it's competing with? An unannounced Marvel Phase 3 film. This is going to get interesting.

Man Marvel must have them running is they are pushing it back so far in fear of some unannounced film.

Then if it turns out it's something stupid like "Hawkeye" they'll really kick themselves. No offence to Hawkeye but I doubt he'd get as big draw for a solo-film as other Marvel characters.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

The King of All

Here's a link to the article
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/01/18/batman-vs-superman-release-pushed-10-months-to-may-2016

DC said they were pushing it back to make it the best film it can be.

Quote:
Man Marvel must have them running is they are pushing it back so far in fear of some unannounced film.

Then if it turns out it's something stupid like "Hawkeye" they'll really kick themselves. No offence to Hawkeye but I doubt he'd get as big draw for a solo-film as other Marvel characters.

I agree with that last part. Even if its something bigger like the rumored Doctor Strange, I still think DC would come out on top.

State Alchemist

Deadpool 9 wrote:

Hmmmm, a new hero or a continuation of one of the Avengers we already have?

It'd be hard to say if Iron Man or Cap will be having more movies after Iron Man 3 and Captain America 2, since there've been rumors and speculation of Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans eventually giving up their roles. Although I'm pretty sure RDJ renewed his contract for two movies...not sure about Evans though.

Chris Evans has expressed lately that he's been more interested in more independent films lately, so that might affect future Captain America movies. Maybe Bucky will take the mantle of Cap like in the comics?

Also I hear that Jeremy Renner actually didn't want the role of Hawkeye to begin with. Maybe he'll be replaced for Age of Ultron?

Gettin' Old!

Maybe Chris Evans will go back to being the Human Torch and we'll get our Fantastic Four: 3 XD
Made by Chesu+Zombee

State Alchemist

Pierre wrote:
Maybe Chris Evans will go back to being the Human Torch and we'll get our Fantastic Four: 3 XD

As if! :-P

Sadly, I can't see the Fantastic Four teaming up with the likes of Spider-Man or the Avengers, since, as far as I know, the FF franchise is still owned by Fox.

A crossover with the X-Men, perhaps?....Nah!

The King of All

There have been a lot of rumors of a Black Panther and a Doctor Strange movie in development.

Also, a Fantastic Four reboot is coming out next year.

I don't think Hawkeye and Black Widow are returning for Age of Ultron anyway.
I read an Oscorp building was supposed to be in the New York skyline in The Avengers, but it was too late in development. Regarding the Spider-Man and X-Men crossover, the closest we've gotten was Wolverine almost being in the original Raimi Spider-Man, the reason he wasn't was that they didn't have a suit ready.

Gettin' Old!

Emiyo Gnobo Gavi wrote:
Pierre wrote:

As if! :-P

Sadly, I can't see the Fantastic Four teaming up with the likes of Spider-Man or the Avengers, since, as far as I know, the FF franchise is still owned by Fox.

A crossover with the X-Men, perhaps?....Nah!

XD Real shame since I'm pretty sure the big final battle in the Avengers is right around the corner from the Fantastic Four's place. Though they'd have the paradox of a double Chris Evan.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 4 of 4 [ 138 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios