Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 1 of 3[ 84 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Favorite anime and Why?Topic%20Title

Thread to post what your favorite anime is, best scene from it, and why you like it btw if i say i dont like a anime its my way of engageing in a conversation so that you could discuss your reasons why you like it and maybe convince me why its good so no disrespect..One love Brother lol :keiko:

Have fun :hotti:

Mines is One piece
Best scene:
Spoiler:
When luffy epically punched the celestial dragon in the Human slave trade event

Reason why: everywhere moment of one piece is amazing, the fighting is awesome like dragonball z, the characters all have their own cool personality, and the variety of devil fruit powers :sparkly-maggey:

Last edited by Church Of Sumire on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Favorite anime and Why?Topic%20Title

Call me James

One Piece, for sure.

The depth and chemistry between the Straw Hats, the music, the voice acting. Everything about it is top notch.

Favourite scene -

Spoiler:
The walk to Arlong Park. I mean, Goddamn. I don't even need to explain why this is such a great bit.

http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Cowboy Bebop, 'nuff said. Just check out the opening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXVlJWpMH94

Anyone watch Great Teacher Onizuka its a classic :sparkly-maggey:

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

Yu Yu Hakusho

because it's Yu Yu Hakusho and it's amazing~
FacebookKidd & Milky Art
Instagram (18+ Art)Art Merch
X: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: ASTRO BOY / Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel

Higanjima wrote:
Yu Yu Hakusho

I love that show :sparkly-maggey: i remember watching it back in the day cartoonnetwork was worth something :hotti:

Inspector Cabanela wrote:
Higanjima wrote:
Yu Yu Hakusho

I love that show :sparkly-maggey: i remember watching it back in the day cartoonnetwork was worth something :hotti:

It's Yu Yu Hakusho, it's amazing.
It's better than 98% of newer anime out there.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Higanjima wrote:
Higanjima wrote:
Yu Yu Hakusho

It's Yu Yu Hakusho, it's amazing.
It's better than 98% of newer anime out there.

true anime's now a days are pretty generic and un original but there are some good ones look at Attack on titan

Pretty much~
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Higanjima wrote:
Pretty much~

What other animes you into?

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Gurren Lagann and Code Geass are probably top-tier for me.
I'm Blak, and I have shit taste.

Blak The Great wrote:

I honestly didnt like code geass epecially when it came out on cartoonnetwork and Gurren lagann is on my most hated list right next to Haruhi,Fairy Tale, and bleach :yogi:

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Blak The Great wrote:

I honestly didnt like code geass epecially when it came out on cartoonnetwork and Gurren lagann is on my most hated list right next to Haruhi,Fairy Tale, and bleach :yogi:

Yeah... I'll go now.

Blak The Great wrote:
Blak The Great wrote:

Yeah... I'll go now.

did i list the anime's you like? :grey:

Oh well.
I hate those as well.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Higanjima wrote:
Oh well.
I hate those as well.

lol so rude :keiko: well what other animes you like?

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

Blak The Great wrote:

Yeah... I'll go now.

did i list the anime's you like? :grey:

Never been a fan of people asking me what I like, and then having them tell me what I like is something that they strongly hate. It's really not the best way to keep a conversation going, but I'm sure you knew that already.

You should know that not everyone will like what you like or hate what you hate.
People have different tastes, but you should already know that.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Don't have a favorite per se, but there are a few I enjoy. Suppose I'll share my meager list.

Le Chavlier D'eon (This anime is just gorgeous)
FMA: Brotherhood (Biased, but this series flows so much better than the original)
Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo (popular choices I suppose)
Almost anything done by Hayao Miyazaki
Yu Yu Hakusho (Yusuke is just a brilliant protagonist)
Dragonball (Z is fine, but I feel Toriyama does better with humor.)
Seto no Hanayome (Just mountains of humor)
Digimon Season 3 (Only season I really liked, the whole dark mood of this season and great storytelling and characters stood out for me.

I've also been getting into Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) and I'm already loving it.

I honestly don't watch a lot of anime, but from the few I've seen, I've really enjoyed these. As for longer series, I prefer to read the mangas over watching the anime as I don't have time for all those episodes and I really can't stand fillers. Anime today has nothing on Dragonball Z's driving episode. Seriously.

I also have to agree with Blak on this one. This is a favorite anime thread, not a most hated anime thread. If you hate an anime someone else likes, suck it up and don't post that you hate it. Move on. If you really must say something, create a new thread about animes you hate or bring up the controversy elsewhere. It's doing nothing more than encouraging arguments when you post an opinion like that that isn't the point of the thread.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

point blank i wasnt trying to be rude i would have liked to know why you liked it maybe i would have gave it a chance since i haven't really seen Gurren Lagann i just didn't like the way it looked based off a trailer i once saw plus it was a short anime so i didn't know if i should have wasted my time to watch it without being disrespectful

dullahan1 wrote:
Don't have a favorite per se, but there are a few I enjoy. Suppose I'll share my meager list.

Le Chavlier D'eon (This anime is just gorgeous)
FMA: Brotherhood (Biased, but this series flows so much better than the original)
Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo (popular choices I suppose)
Almost anything done by Hayao Miyazaki
Yu Yu Hakusho (Yusuke is just a brilliant protagonist)
Dragonball (Z is fine, but I feel Toriyama does better with humor.)
Seto no Hanayome (Just mountains of humor)
Digimon Season 3 (Only season I really liked, the whole dark mood of this season and great storytelling and characters stood out for me.

I've also been getting into Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) and I'm already loving it.

I honestly don't watch a lot of anime, but from the few I've seen, I've really enjoyed these. As for longer series, I prefer to read the mangas over watching the anime as I don't have time for all those episodes and I really can't stand fillers. Anime today has nothing on Dragonball Z's driving episode. Seriously.

I also have to agree with Blak on this one. This is a favorite anime thread, not a most hated anime thread. If you hate an anime someone else likes, suck it up and don't post that you hate it. Move on. If you really must say something, create a new thread about animes you hate or bring up the controversy elsewhere. It's doing nothing more than encouraging arguments when you post an opinion like that that isn't the point of the thread.

what is Le Chavlier D'eon about? and i agree with you on Yu Yu Hakusho i liked how Yusuke personality was potrayed in the anime and manga it just made him on of the most iconic characters of any battle time manga's

delete this any admin or moderator it was a accidental post do to pressing quote and not edit on one of my posts thank you

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

point blank i wasnt trying to be rude i would have liked to know why you liked it maybe i would have gave it a chance since i haven't really seen Gurren Lagann i just didn't like the way it looked based off a trailer i once saw plus it was a short anime so i didn't know if i should have wasted my time to watch it without being disrespectful

I'm okay with you telling me that you don't like something, but you should've given me reasons why. I can dig discussions as to why you hate something, but I just can't appreciate such blunt resentment without reasoning.
*reads post*
You haven't even seen Gurren Lagann and you put it on your most hated list? Good god.
How do you find new favorites that way?

If you like anything mecha then you'll definitely love GL by far. You just sit back and watch fantastic action sequences and epic speeches, and you'll be having the time of your life.

Short anime?! It's like 26 episodes of pure awesome! Watamote's like 12-13 and you're watching it!

Blak The Great wrote:

I'm okay with you telling me that you don't like something, but you should've given me reasons why. I can dig discussions as to why you hate something, but I just can't appreciate such blunt resentment without reasoning.
*reads post*
You haven't even seen Gurren Lagann and you put it on your most hated list? Good god.

If you like anything mecha then you'll definitely love GL by far. You just sit back and watch fantastic action sequences and epic speeches, and you'll be having the time of your life.

Short anime?! It's like 26 episodes of pure awesome! Watamote's like 12-13 and you're watching it!

I like mecha anime.
I should look into the one you mentioned.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

what is Le Chavlier D'eon about? and i agree with you on Yu Yu Hakusho i liked how Yusuke personality was potrayed in the anime and manga it just made him on of the most iconic characters of any battle time manga's

It's pretty much a fictional retelling of the French Revolution. The main character starts out finding out the cause of his sister's death which pretty much leads to much more than when he first believed. It involves evil magic, sword fights, cross-dressing, and underhanded government involvement. It also has one of my favorite ending anime songs.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Blak The Great wrote:

*reads post*

alright i admit it was my fault for not stating why and i would have the next post its just how i build up a conversation. yeah i didnt watch it but i saw trailers for it and i admit abit of the anime but it didnt catch my interest usually mecha animes arnt my thing with the excepting of Eureka 7 the storyline moved me. Ill watch a few episodes of GL to see maybe if ill like it once i watch more while i watch Lupin III since i really wanted to see it but never had the time too. Watamote just came out and it only has 3 episodes where you got 12-13? O_O plus i been reading the manga before the anime thats why i can watch it even though its short if it does only have 12 episodes for the first season

☆☆☆ Kira ☆☆☆

alright i admit it was my fault for not stating why and i would have the next post its just how i build up a conversation. yeah i didnt watch it but i saw trailers for it and i admit abit of the anime but it didnt catch my interest usually mecha animes arnt my thing with the excepting of Eureka 7 the storyline moved me. Ill watch a few episodes of GL to see maybe if ill like it once i watch more while i watch Lupin III since i really wanted to see it but never had the time too. Watamote just came out and it only has 3 episodes where you got 12-13? O_O

Eureka 7 was a good one... even though Renton pissed me off way too much for his own good.

Watamote's only got 12 episodes. Haven't seen them all of course.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16742/Watashi_ga_Motenai_no_wa_Dou_Kangaetemo_Omaera_ga_Warui!

dullahan1 wrote:

It's pretty much a fictional retelling of the French Revolution. The main character starts out finding out the cause of his sister's death which pretty much leads to much more than when he first believed. It involves evil magic, sword fights, cross-dressing, and underhanded government involvement. It also has one of my favorite ending anime songs.

The story lines sounds interested but you lost me in the unncessary cross-dressing in a french war thats anime for you :keiko:

Last edited by Church Of Sumire on Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blak The Great wrote:
alright i admit it was my fault for not stating why and i would have the next post its just how i build up a conversation. yeah i didnt watch it but i saw trailers for it and i admit abit of the anime but it didnt catch my interest usually mecha animes arnt my thing with the excepting of Eureka 7 the storyline moved me. Ill watch a few episodes of GL to see maybe if ill like it once i watch more while i watch Lupin III since i really wanted to see it but never had the time too. Watamote just came out and it only has 3 episodes where you got 12-13? O_O

Eureka 7 was a good one... even though Renton pissed me off way too much for his own good.

Watamote's only got 12 episodes. Haven't seen them all of course.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16742/Watashi_ga_Motenai_no_wa_Dou_Kangaetemo_Omaera_ga_Warui!

i admit his constant need for attention was annoying but he still had his moments and oh thats for the first season cuz manga wise its still ongoing so im sure there will be more episodes in a later season since it has been getting alot of popularity

dullahan1 wrote:

The story lines sounds interested but you lost me in the unncessary cross-dressing in a french war thats anime for you :keiko:

Not unnecessary. The cross-dressing is actually historically accurate. In history, the character portrayed in the anime was a man who believed he was a woman. In the anime, he's a more sane man who is possessed by the soul of his sister. The sister is based off the woman the man believed he was in real life. That's France for you.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

Quote:
Not unnecessary. The cross-dressing is actually historically accurate. In history, the character portrayed in the anime was a man who believed he was a woman. In the anime, he's a more sane man who is possessed by the soul of his sister. The sister is based off the woman the man believed he was in real life. That's France for you.

wasnt cross-dressing part of like diguise to trick the enemies during war to gather information? So his sister is possessing him made him cross-dress while he doesnt know or is he fully aware of it?

Quote:

wasnt cross-dressing part of like diguise to trick the enemies during war to gather information? So his sister is possessing him made him cross-dress while he doesnt know or is he fully aware of it?

He becomes aware eventually. As for the real life historical figure, here's his wiki entry if you're interested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevalier_d'Eon
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
Quote:

He becomes aware eventually. As for the real life historical figure, here's his wiki entry if you're interested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevalier_d'Eon

sounds pretty interesting do you have a link to some footage of the anime so i can see how it looks?

Captain Ascot and the Survey Corps!

Don't know which of my favourite anime series I would call my overall favourite, though Cowboy Bebop's a pretty strong contender, I might go with Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
Much like Bebop, a soundtrack composed by the musical goddess among mere mortals, Yoko Kanno. Cyberpunk is also one of my favourite genres in fiction, helping this opinion along, and the animation is downright gorgeous. (Though so is Bebop's, and each has an art style perfectly suited to its own world, I digress, animations not really something to compare two series on, I just thought it bore mentioning the series is gorgeous.) The story is top-notch, and the non-Major characters (i.e. not Kusanagi) get much more development.
I tend to watch the English dub, since thats what I watched first, and it's a good dub, which is always nice, a good ub for a good series.

Oh, and as for favourite scene: It's far too hard to pick a favourite, there's so many moments, mainly related to how Section 9 wrote the book on cyber warfare, kicking ass and taking names.

Did I mention the soundtrack was brilliant?

Other contenders for favourite: Cowboy Bebop (duh), Samurai Champloo (Bebop with more swords!), Evangelion (counting both the original series and Rebuild here), Chobits (again, Cyberpunk), the first half of Death Note, Studio Ghibli films in general (my favourite of them being Princess Mononoke), Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and though it only aired recently, Gargantia's certainly good enough to be considered. Higurashi's a contender too, but I haven't seen all of both seasons yet, and I'm only going to list favourites of series I've seen all of.

Seriously, Yoko Kanno, ladies, gentlemen and extra terrestrials.

My favourite anime are:

Steins;Gate - So many mindblowing twists and turns!
Cowboy Bebop - I love the mix of jazz and crime. Best opening song ever too!
Darker Than Black - Great series, again with a great opening.
Watamote - It's only just started, but I understand the main character so much. It's like she is me, almost. Perhaps I'm not quite as awkward XD
Hellsing Ultimate - If Twilight ruined vampires, I think this series resurrected them. Great dub, can't even watch the sub.
Ouran Highschool Host Club - So sweet and funny!
Sgt. Frog - Just hilarious, particularly the dub. One of the few dubs I love, and I can't even watch the sub anymore, it's so good!
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (that Ace Attorney reference made my day) - Again, so funny and a great classic.
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt (that AA reference too) - Really immature series, but I love the art and it's hilarious!

I could probably go on, but I can't think of anything just yet. XD

Quote:
Watamote - It's only just started, but I understand the main character so much. It's like she is me, almost. Perhaps I'm not quite as awkward XD

Finally another person who loves Watamote :D
Spoiler:
My friend told me there localizing it here in america :sparkly-maggey:

Prosecutor Yuugami wrote:
Quote:

Spoiler:

That would be me! I'm the one that told Mirri-chan about it! :jake:

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Prosecutor Yuugami wrote:
Quote:

Spoiler:

That would be me! I'm the one that told Mirri-chan about it! :jake:

Very Good Apprentice :sassy: you must recruit more :godot:

Quote:

TopHatProfessor1014 wrote:
Quote: