Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios

Page 95 of 99[ 3921 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Re: What Are You Watching Now?Topic%20Title

[Whip the cream!]

Disney's version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame - I'm at mom's house and it's on the television (my little sister was watching Disney channel), so me and my siblings are watching at the moment. I felt all childish in a fun way, I went "oohhh" and "this is my favourite children's movie!" :acro:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!

Watching One Piece with Dawn and then we will try to finish off all of season 2 of Gravity Falls.

High level play

Hey Danny, would you say that Gravity Falls is as good (or better) as Adventure Time? Ever since seeing the Street Fighter parody I've been doubting whether to watch GF or not.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Call me James

Watching the entire series of Yugioh, since it's the only thing 4kids did right, in all honestly (besides Pokemon, but I never saw that), with my brother. Just got through most of season 1 (thankfully, since in season 1, nobody knows how the hell to play the game and makes it up to suit their motives/play style. It's like...fuck.). Bring on season 2/Battle City.
http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/9935-Akira_E ... 44a161.gif

"I love the thrill of a good solution!"

Professor Yoshi wrote:
Watching the entire series of Yugioh, since it's the only thing 4kids did right

Ahahahahaha! You're joking, right? At least watch the original, unmasacred version.

C-A

Call me James

CatMuto wrote:
Professor Yoshi wrote:
Watching the entire series of Yugioh, since it's the only thing 4kids did right

Ahahahahaha! You're joking, right? At least watch the original, unmasacred version.

C-A

Nostalgia, my friend. Used to watch it on TV when I was young and it's alright like this. Considering the series is based on taking children's card games as srs bsns, it's honestly okay as is. I'm also a dubbed kinda guy, so yeah.

Well the original manga wasn't about the card game. It was originally much darker, focused on a variety of games (hence the name King Of Games) and was overall very heavy on the emphasis on friendship and trust. (Yeah some chapters focused on love which were a low point...)

C-A

Call me James

CatMuto wrote:
Well the original manga wasn't about the card game. It was originally much darker, focused on a variety of games (hence the name King Of Games) and was overall very heavy on the emphasis on friendship and trust. (Yeah some chapters focused on love which were a low point...)

C-A

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Unfortunately, I wasn't into manga until I got into One Piece. I missed quite a lot :gumshoe: But then again, there wasn't much manga available in Yorkshire back then :think-pw:

Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

Watching the new Daredevil series on Netflix. Absolutely amazing. Also some of the darkest stuff Marvel Studios has put out so far.

Enchanted's "So Close" in French (Si Près)
I love this song. I have yet to watch the movie, but I just love this song. And it makes me think of Asch and Natalia from Tales of the Abyss.

C-A

The Chocolateholic of CR

Would watching Videos on Youtube count? :gymshoe:
The Dragovian King and Captain Of The Ragnarok Ship and Owner of The Ragnarok Ranch.
I'm a ♌ since 1990 of August 10th. Better Recognize.
3DS FC:2535-5065-3560

The Venture Bros. So glad this was added to Hulu, I can finally binge it.

Watching South Park in Spanish.

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

I'm currently on episode 22 of Detective Conan. Oh how I missed this anime. <3

Edit: I'm on episode 31
Edit: Episode 46
Edit: Episode 57

Edit: episode 73
FacebookKidd & Milky ArtPersonal/18+ Art InstagramArt Merch
Twitter: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: Chainsaw Man / Pokemon Scarlet

LittleKuriboh's video on Cats Love Sumo Bean Bags!
Aww... I needed that laugh. :will:

C-A

Episode 93 106 of Detective Conan <3

Call me James

Took me very nearly until the 2nd season came about to even learn it existed (and for The Simpsons to die), but Rick and Morty. Honestly the only animated show I care about now that's western. And Rick sorta reminds me of Doc Brown. If he was an alcoholic nutjob, I guess :meekins:

[Whip the cream!]

Don't deliver us from evil. I loved that movie a few years ago. Will see if I still do.

A Japanese film called "Grotesque".
I thought I haven't seen it, but it looks familiar so maybe I've seen it before and forgot.
Dat torture though.

Rewatching Daredevil, this time with my mom. It's fun watching her get squeamish during the juicy bits. :gant-clap:

Prison Attorney. Thanks Mij!

Currently watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, waiting for the next episode!
Backburner26. Currently working on Wolfgang Ace attorney, Visit this post here to find out more.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/
ImageImage
(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)

High level play

I've been watching some gravity falls on and off lately, but when they did a parody of streetfighter I lost my shit.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Winter Flag Trademark

Mirai Nikki.

This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.

A court show. It's mostly background noise. I wonder if Gumball is on...
Never mind, my t.v. just suddenly changed the channel to Wife Swap. I can't find my remote so Wife Swap it is. xD

[Whip the cream!]

Friday night dinner. British comedy series. I'm amused.

Winter Flag Trademark

Been watching some OS-Tan Anime shorts right now. I had a hard time locating the ones with English Subs. Not to mention, there are many images of it in the webs, but less videos of it. :payne:

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

I'm currently watching Fairy Tail. After a lot of protesting, my younger brother finally dragged me into it. I really wasn't feeling it early on, partially because I was trying to watch the dubbed version (which is arguably one of FUNimation's worst dubs, which is saying something since I usually like their dubs. I mainly hated Cherami Leigh as Lucy, but then, I've only really not minded her when she was in Steins;Gate, but I digress). Anyway, after a kind of slow start, it was okay enough (I've watched other anime I've cared less about), didn't really feel the urge to keep watching more, but my brother insisted "it gets better," so I kept watching; then finally, around the time of the Fighting Festival arc, I actually wanted to watch the next episode! So now, I'm in the Tartaros arc (that's actually how they spell it), and it's actually pretty enjoyable.

Pros:
  • A kicka** soundtrack. I don't know who had the idea to give the soundtrack a Celtic rock feel, but it really works!
  • The characters are actually fairly well fleshed out, and they're (for the most part) pretty likable (exceptions below).
  • Natsu is a pretty fun main character. He's got this "Crouching Moron, Hidden Bada**" thing going on; however, in a fight, he's like a bizarre Leeroy Jenkins/tactical genius hybrid, and strangely, it's nothing short of awesome.
  • Juvia Lockser is one of my favorite side characters of all time, and I have the biggest crush on her voice (subbed, that is).
  • Wendy Marvell has to be one of the most likable child characters I've ever encountered in anime. Very polite and well behaved, which is a huge breath of fresh air compared to what I'm used to.

Cons:
  • Happy and Lucy suffer from what I call "Phantom Menace Syndrome." What do I mean by this? When I watched Star Wars for the first time, I was around 18 years old, and the friend who got me to watch the series had me start with The Phantom Menace, which I hated. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were only marginally better, and I didn't care much for the original trilogy either. Strange thing is, I think I might have enjoyed the original trilogy more if only I hadn't started out with The Phantom Menace, but I did, and now the rest of the series is sadly tainted. How is this relevant to Happy and Lucy? When I started watching the show, I watched it dubbed for the first eight episodes. I hated Lucy's voice and dub characterization, and Happy's voice made me want to take an ice pick to my eardrums. Therefore, when I switched over to subbed, the damage had already been done, and took me a long time before I even remotely liked either of them.
  • On that note, as a character, Lucy just falls a little flat. She basically uses a sort of summoning magic, which is fine. The problem is that aside from that, she's pretty much useless in a fight (which I hear is supposedly remedied sometime during the Tartaros arc, so there's that at least). I don't find her character interesting in the slightest, so when the plot focuses on her backstory, I have a hard time caring about it. She's likable enough, and if I met someone like her in real life, I'd probably have no trouble getting along with her, but as a character, she's just kind of bland compared to pretty much everyone else.
  • Mirajane's idiotic looking hairstyle.
  • The show could stand to tone down the fanservice a little. I don't mind it when it makes sense (like at a beach), or--as long as it's not too often--when it's used as a source of humor (like the water slide incident in the 5th OVA, which was pure comedy gold). Other than that, I'd really rather not have it in there. Strangely, the anime is a little inconsistent with this. They tend to tone down some of the crazier stuff, but then came the anime-only Eclipse Celestial Spirits arc, which had this one fight scene that was just... :udgey: (You'll know it when you see it).
  • The celestial spirit Aries is female, which I don't really mind at all, except that the Aries constellation is a ram. This one's more me nitpicking about semantics than anything else though, as I generally like her otherwise.
  • The anime apparently toned down some of the more violent scenes in the manga, so there's now a lot of (mostly) bloodless carnage, which is fine, unless someone very clearly gets stabbed or something, in which case, it just looks ridiculous. The other problem (with both the anime and the manga) is that very few characters actually die, and the majority of the ones that do are posthumous characters anyway. Of course, I really shouldn't complain about this too much, because when they finally killed one of the mauve shirts onscreen, it was one of the ones I really liked. Go figure.

It's no Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Death Note, mind you, but now that I'm into it, I'm actually pretty glad I stuck with it as long as I did so early on.

TheDoctor wrote:
I'm currently watching Fairy Tail. After a lot of protesting, my younger brother finally dragged me into it. I really wasn't feeling it early on, partially because I was trying to watch the dubbed version (which is arguably one of FUNimation's worst dubs, which is saying something since I usually like their dubs. I mainly hated Cherami Leigh as Lucy, but then, I've only really not minded her when she was in Steins;Gate, but I digress). Anyway, after a kind of slow start, it was okay enough (I've watched other anime I've cared less about), didn't really feel the urge to keep watching more, but my brother insisted "it gets better," so I kept watching; then finally, around the time of the Fighting Festival arc, I actually wanted to watch the next episode! So now, I'm in the Tartaros arc (that's actually how they spell it), and it's actually pretty enjoyable.

Pros:
  • A kicka** soundtrack. I don't know who had the idea to give the soundtrack a Celtic rock feel, but it really works!
  • The characters are actually fairly well fleshed out, and they're (for the most part) pretty likable (exceptions below).
  • Natsu is a pretty fun main character. He's got this "Crouching Moron, Hidden Bada**" thing going on; however, in a fight, he's like a bizarre Leeroy Jenkins/tactical genius hybrid, and strangely, it's nothing short of awesome.
  • Juvia Lockser is one of my favorite side characters of all time, and I have the biggest crush on her voice (subbed, that is).
  • Wendy Marvell has to be one of the most likable child characters I've ever encountered in anime. Very polite and well behaved, which is a huge breath of fresh air compared to what I'm used to.

Cons:
  • Happy and Lucy suffer from what I call "Phantom Menace Syndrome." What do I mean by this? When I watched Star Wars for the first time, I was around 18 years old, and the friend who got me to watch the series had me start with The Phantom Menace, which I hated. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith were only marginally better, and I didn't care much for the original trilogy either. Strange thing is, I think I might have enjoyed the original trilogy more if only I hadn't started out with The Phantom Menace, but I did, and now the rest of the series is sadly tainted. How is this relevant to Happy and Lucy? When I started watching the show, I watched it dubbed for the first eight episodes. I hated Lucy's voice and dub characterization, and Happy's voice made me want to take an ice pick to my eardrums. Therefore, when I switched over to subbed, the damage had already been done, and took me a long time before I even remotely liked either of them.
  • On that note, as a character, Lucy just falls a little flat. She basically uses a sort of summoning magic, which is fine. The problem is that aside from that, she's pretty much useless in a fight (which I hear is supposedly remedied sometime during the Tartaros arc, so there's that at least). I don't find her character interesting in the slightest, so when the plot focuses on her backstory, I have a hard time caring about it. She's likable enough, and if I met someone like her in real life, I'd probably have no trouble getting along with her, but as a character, she's just kind of bland compared to pretty much everyone else.
  • Mirajane's idiotic looking hairstyle.
  • The show could stand to tone down the fanservice a little. I don't mind it when it makes sense (like at a beach), or--as long as it's not too often--when it's used as a source of humor (like the water slide incident in the 5th OVA, which was pure comedy gold). Other than that, I'd really rather not have it in there. Strangely, the anime is a little inconsistent with this. They tend to tone down some of the crazier stuff, but then came the anime-only Eclipse Celestial Spirits arc, which had this one fight scene that was just... :udgey: (You'll know it when you see it).
  • The celestial spirit Aries is female, which I don't really mind at all, except that the Aries constellation is a ram. This one's more me nitpicking about semantics than anything else though, as I generally like her otherwise.
  • The anime apparently toned down some of the more violent scenes in the manga, so there's now a lot of (mostly) bloodless carnage, which is fine, unless someone very clearly gets stabbed or something, in which case, it just looks ridiculous. The other problem (with both the anime and the manga) is that very few characters actually die, and the majority of the ones that do are posthumous characters anyway. Of course, I really shouldn't complain about this too much, because when they finally killed one of the mauve shirts onscreen, it was one of the ones I really liked. Go figure.

It's no Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Death Note, mind you, but now that I'm into it, I'm actually pretty glad I stuck with it as long as I did so early on.

Don't forget the biggest Con. A One Piece Rip-Off, but with mages. :trucy:

I don't watch One Piece though, so I really don't care.

Aside from that, I'm a firm believer in the idea that there is no such thing as new material. Only fresh coats of paint on story ideas that have been around for millennia. Rip off something as old as Shakespeare and no one bats an eye. Rip off something that's a little more recent and people start losing their minds!

For example, The Lion King was basically a rip off of Hamlet, but with lions. Not too many people seem to care though.

TheDoctor wrote:
I don't watch One Piece though, so I really don't care.

Aside from that, I'm a firm believer in the idea that there is no such thing as new material. Only fresh coats of paint on story ideas that have been around for millennia. Rip off something as old as Shakespeare and no one bats an eye. Rip off something that's a little more recent and people start losing their minds!

For example, The Lion King was basically a rip off of Hamlet, but with lions. Not too many people seem to care though.

There is your first problem already. The fact that you don't watch One Piece. Also yes I understand that not everything can be original, but FT takes it too far. Yes I understand that you can use an idea and change it a bit is fine, but FT just copies OP to a T. I will show photos later as proof.

TheDoctor wrote:
Rip off something that's a little more recent and people start losing their minds!

One Piece is not recent. It aired in 1999. Manga released in 1997.
So the fact that it was copied a decade later (2009. Manga released in 2006) and mimics One Piece character personality traits, look and attack styles (etc) is ridiculous.

Since Daniel didn't post the images, I will.
Spoiler:

I'm not saying people can't use other people's ideas and concepts, but when it's WAY too similar to something else with a different name thrown on it, it's not okay.

I remember watching some of the first Fairy Tail episodes and finding the protagonist so goddamn dull. He's a generic shonen hero, just like Naruto. The always optimist, energic guy who never gives up on winning. The anime was dull in general, so I didn't want to watch it anymore.

*wonk*

Cringe Compilations, news regarding a certain-visual-novel-about-a-spiky-man-dressed-in-blue, my mother coming back from work, etc. :nick:
yes

Winter Flag Trademark

Just started watching Nichijou. Hehe. This anime looks unbelievably awesome despite it's about one's ordinary life. Too bad it has only 26 episodes-no continuations. :sadshoe:

Though, I had absolutely no idea there would be Yaoi References in the canon itself.

Do you see the black one...or the white?

Hunter x Hunter. Hisoka makes even Kefka appear tame.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

Great Revival

Inside Out...I'm kinda liking it so far...but...eh...

Winter Flag Trademark

Some parts of Nichijou Anime. Yeah, I kinda like it for some reason. :maya:

The Enigma

Been watching a lot of movies my older siblings and I watched when we were younger. Great Mouse Detective, Once Upon a Forest, FernGully, Sword in the Stone, and Rock a Doodle Doo.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons

Ooh, loved those first two, though Once Upon a Forest gave me nightmares when I was little.

The Enigma

Yeah, rewatching it as an adult made me realize how dark the theme is. Makes me wanna go plant some trees XD

Watching another movie that I've seen as a kid, probably shouldn't have though: Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Kinda freaked me out when I was six. Still enjoyed it though.
I've heard rumors… Bramimond, one of the eight legends, devoted himself entirely to the dark. All emotion, all memory… dissolved in a river of dark. That is how he received the power to best dragons
Page 95 of 99 [ 3921 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Global Studios