Board index » Roleplay » Trials

Page 1 of 3[ 102 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

RE-SIGN UPS TRIAL MT-13Topic%20Title

Image :3 Pretty picture

Hey guys, I'm really sorry for dicking you out of my other trial, but it had its flaws. So to make it up, here's a new trial, this one WILL WORK! AND IT WILL GO THROUGH!

We're going to completely rework things. All slots are re-open, this trial will work, I spent too mich time working on it to just give up!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Do NOT sign up for Defense if you have no clue what you're doing -_- This is poor Myako's life at stake. I do NOT want another attorney saying that Amy might have been smoking reefer. That was just rediculous.

The trial will run on a basis of, when you're here, you post, when you're not, you don't.

Try your hardest not to cut anyone off with idiodic posts. This means that Blaine should not be talking while Myako is testifying, so on, so forth.

Let's have a good fun trial here guys!

=================================
So here's what I want you guys to do. If you see a role here you want to take, reply to this thread requesting that role. I will be assigning roles on a first-come first-serve basis, so act fast.

As far as witnesses go:I will PM you the basis of what I want your testimony to contain (I am the prosecutor after all) You should then take my suggestions and have as much fun with it as you can, just please keep it on the grounds of the story. The prosecutors will call you guys to the stand, there you will give your testimony. Keep each testimony to one post, but divide it up into seperate paragraphs, that way the Defence will have an easier time deciding what to press and what to object to.

an Example:

It was 5:00 when I found the body

I was on my way somehwere when I found it

Just everytime you're starting a new train of thought, make a new line.
Each witness will be PM'd certain evidence that will pertain to them. For example, let's say Susie killed Bobby with a knife, then framed Jill for it. The knife would be PM'd to Susie, and she'd know how to react to it.

As far as the Defendant goes: You will be doing testifying, basically let everything play out as it is.

As far as the judge goes: I want the judge to have a good role in this. Whenever someone calls an objection, whether it be the defense or the prosecutor, it is your decision whether to sustain or overull the objection. Please, use as much good judgement as you can, If I feel you wont do your job as a judge, I wont accept you, I really need to have faith that the judge will in fact, do his job. Also PAY ATTENTION to the trials. if the defense is going to pull out evidence that has no relevance, or the relevance hasn't been proven, it is your responsiblity to penalize them for that.
The judge will also make the ruling. Listen, You must Rule by looking at everything that is presented, you cannot just go "lol, guilty" You should really look at the facts. The way everything is planned out, it should be obvious what the ruling is, but remember, from the start you should think Guilty, but depending on how the trail goes, you must shape your opinion.

As far as the defense goes: Standard PW style protocol here. The witnesses will give their testimony. It is then your responsibility to press their facts and present evidence. Keep a keen eye here, you will have a list of evidence that I will PM you. Feel free to share this list of evidence with your assistant. You also need to pay attention, point out contradictions, PAY ATTENTION to the evidence. this is, in esscence, a court, and evidence is everything.

As far as the Prosecution goes: I will call witnesses and have them testify. During the cross examination, if I feel that your questions are irrelevant, I will make objections. I can also advise the witnesses to keep their mouthes shut.

As far as the Detective goes: You will do some testifying...in essence. The defence will not cross examine you. But you MUST present facts about everything. If you are confused on what you should do, PM me. Your testifying will persist of the Time of Death, Cause of Death, Reasons for arrest, so on so forth.
A good example to take note of would be Gumshoes testifying on Case 2 in PW 1. Refer to that if you need examples.
=============================
As for Origional Characters: all the roles are marked clearly whether or not I have a character assigned to them or not. I would prefer if you would play the role I have assigned I did things like this so the trail could go as smoothly as possible. But if you really are that objected to playing the character I have assigned, either take another role, or PM me and we can work something out. Anyone I don't have a character assigned for, fell more than obliged to make up your own character, and be sure to PM your description to me.
I will be working on a list of evidence that myself, the defence, and the detective will all have access too. I will also be working on an opening scene to start everything off with. I'll let you all know when those are done
Above all else, LETS HAVE FUN, DARNIT! This is an RP, please don't be afraid to have some fun!
Case Number- MT-13

Description: The victim, Ashley Robbinson, was found at the bottom of a lake, shot in the head.

Victim: Ashley Robbinson - 21- Known to the people of Palm Springs as April Sims. Two years after the CL- 55 Incident, Ashley fled to the small resort town of Palm Springs, changed her appearance, and took up an office job. Now has long blonde hair.

Defendant: Myako Iitai-27- A Clumsy blonde woman with horrendous luck. 2 years after being wrongfully incarcerated for the murder of her boyfriend, Scott Carrion, she had an appeal on her trial and won. She celebrated by taking a vacation to Palm Springs.

Claims the victim summoned her to the lake, shot at her, then dissappeared.

Reason for suspicion: The defendant was found at the murder scene holding the murder weapon. There were also three witness accounts claiming she did it.

Police Summons: Police were called by Daisy Truth at 9 PM. They arrived on scene 5 minutes later and saw two women pinning down The defendant.

Detective's report: Say they arrived on scene at 9:05 PM, found two people holding down the defendant. Miss Truth explained the situation to them, and The Defendant was arrested.

Witnesses:

Daisy Truth -32- An eccentric woman with an oversized hat, and old fashioned dress. Was taking a vacation in Palm Springs. Was at the lake having her picture taken, when she heard a gunshot. Immediately phoned the police and detained the defendant

Amy Carrion -45- A kind older woman with long blonde hair. Claims she was taking a walk through the park when she saw The defendant knock Miss Robbinson over and shoot her. Instantly went over to the scene and detained the defendant. May have some connection to the victim and defendant.
She was soaking wet when the detectives got there. She claims she tripped and fell in the lake while walking.

Blaine Shade -27- A Mysterious young man with a short temper. Says he saw the entire murder, but doesn't wish to testify, saying it has nothing to do with him.
================================================

So to be clear, the roles I need are

Defense Attourney: (can be an OC)
Defendant: Myako Iitai
Defnese Aid: (Can be an OC)
Judge: (Can be an OC)
Detective: (Can ve an OC)
Witness #1: Amy Carrion
Witness #2: Daisy Truth
Witness #3: Blaine Shade

If I think of anything else, I'll write it in and let you all know! The trial will start ASAP.
======================

Signups

Prosecuting Attourney: CLOSED to Me :P (Prosecutor Miles Tavern (Age: 43) - Ruthless Prosecuting attourney, strives as hard as he can to get every defendant declaired guilty. Though he only has a few trials under his belt, he's won all of them, except one, and he's vowed to never let that happen again. Is looking forward to prosecuting Myako for a second time, and intends to get her sentenced for a second time, this time she won't get away with an appeal, either.)

Defense Attorney: CLOSED TO HYPERJERK! (Rookie Attorney HyperJerk (Age: 15) - Like phoenix, HyperJerk was under training from Mia, But when she died, Hyperjerk never had a starter trial like phoenix did. So Hyperjerk was forced into begging, But now, this will be his first trial.

Attorney's Aid: CLOSED TO MADFOOT713! (Lewis M. Lahai: (Age : 21) - Lewis is in court primarily for money, although he won’t take a case if he feels that there’s a good chance the client did it. Lewis has a younger sister, Amy, who is seven years younger at fourteen. This is his first case that he will take in court. He’s been a lawyer for the better part of a year, so depite his relatively young age, he’s seen enough of the field to understand what goes on, but he decided he’d apprentice under someone for his first trial. When he discovered how old the “man” he’s be working with was, he left his room to get a drink of water and tripped down the stairs, getting a concussion and being in a coma for the next two days.

Defendant: Myako Iitai: CLOSED TO IGIARI_BREN!

Judge: CLOSED TO GUMSHOE! (Judge Leon Kinneas (Age: 25) - One of the youngest judges in the area, Leon's under a lot of pressure, being watched by his peers. But he's met their expectations with great results. So far in his career he's done his best to make sure that the truth is known, and that is no exception here.

Detective: CLOSED TO DR.WILDER! (Arxane Gilder III Jr. (Age:16) - Arxane is an obnoxious, irritable, yet precocious detective who solved his first crime at age 14. Being raised by his scientific investigator father, he developed an eye for detail at an early age. Arxane is incredibly sure of himself and goes out of his way to show it. He has a hard time getting people to take him seriously, however, due not only to his age, but due to the fact that he is only 4' 10" tall.

Witness #1: Amy Carrion: CLOSED TO DOMPAXTON!

Witness #2: Diasy Truth: CLOSED TO AKAGI!

Witness #3: Blaine Shade: CLOSED TO ELIASBLOODMOON!

Last edited by LoG on Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:12 am, edited 16 times in total.
Re: RE-SIGN UPS TRIAL MT-13Topic%20Title

I Wish to try Defence!

Nice Pictures aswell!
ImageImageImageImage

Your victory is inevitable, Mr. Justice

That is good artwork.

I would like to have the role of Amy Carrion if that's alright.

HyperJerk wrote:
I Wish to try Defence!

Nice Pictures aswell!

HyperJerk, you're sure you can handle defense?

I've had a bad experience with defense who couldn't handle themselves.

And I'm a pretty rough prosecutor.

Fabu, you cna be Amy, I'll dig up the info you'll need and send it to you asap.

The Stuff of Legends

Although this is probably a horrible idea, I'd like to sign up as detective.

You know, something I might not fail at... I'll PM you with my character details as soon as I can.
The post has ended.

Dr. Wilder wrote:

You know, something I might not fail at... I'll PM you with my character details as soon as I can.

Hahaha, Your old character couldn't handle losing to me.

The Stuff of Legends

LoG wrote:
Dr. Wilder wrote:

Hahaha, Your old character couldn't handle losing to me.

Oh, he could handle it! It took him a while to process it, but he came to grips with it. Plus, there was a storm at the time and as you knowe he can't be on teh computer during a thunderstorm, so technically he never even lost!

That's why I didn't pick defense! Not only was it taken, but I knew that Tavern couldn't handle that much raw power existing in the same room again!

... Wait... I'm getting ahead of myself... The detective will NOT be a Wilder, by the way.

P.S.- I hope this case goes off without a hitch, unlike lat time. Good luck, buddy.
The post has ended.

Dr. Wilder wrote:
Oh, he could handle it! It took him a while to process it, but he came to grips with it. Plus, there was a storm at the time and as you knowe he can't be on teh computer during a thunderstorm, so technically he never even lost!

That's why I didn't pick defense! Not only was it taken, but I knew that Tavern couldn't handle that much raw power existing in the same room again!

... Wait... I'm getting ahead of myself... The detective will NOT be a Wilder, by the way.

P.S.- Hope this trial goes smoother this time, buddy.

You did too lose! The First Trial ever, where Myako was accused of killing Scott.

The Stuff of Legends

LoG wrote:
Dr. Wilder wrote:

P.S.- Hope this trial goes smoother this time, buddy.

You did too lose! The First Trial ever, where Myako was accused of killing Scott.

I'm aware that I lost... My grip on reality isn't THAT loose... I was just joking around... Sadshoe

...So... was I approved as detective or not? Yuusaku
The post has ended.

Im sure i can Do Defence. Even if It is my first time as defence, I've got to start somewhere.
ImageImageImageImage

Weak. I was detective when it FAILED, sure. Ah well, I'll take Judge.

HyperJerk wrote:
Im sure i can Do Defence. Even if It is my first time as defence, I've got to start somewhere.

Allright, you're in.
I'll need your info. Cahracter name, gender, age, brief description, etc.

XD

Eh, I'll take defense assistant, if HyperJerk doesn't mind. I have experience (even if I did lose... but it wasn't my fault, they thought the trial creator rigged it! >.<).

If HJ would rather work alone, I'll be... Blaine Shade. ^_^

"Too Awesome to Die"

I'll be Witness 3 if he's still open.
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.

Asumie Maroba: Sort Of Good Detective

I would love to be the judge!
Image Image
Payne By:Croik-----Maya By:Harry Miste

Asumie06 wrote:
I would love to be the judge!

Except, I already signed up for it. Sorry.

The world calls it love

I'm glad to see you're giving this another shot LoG. Things on the last forum didn't exactly end on the best of terms, and I didn't want to see it go that way.

Anyway, I already know what happened in the case (thanks to our little "wager" before), so I think I'll just be a spectator on this one. Missle

Is Blaine still open?

He is like the only guy not on defense or a Judge.

mario66 wrote:
Is Blaine still open?

He is like the only guy not on defense or a Judge.

For a good reason :3

You'll see, Mr. Mario

Everyone who's requested, You got the parts.

I'll start sending out info as soon as all the slots are filled!

We need some girls in here to take the female leads!

I'll need everyone who's planning on being an OC's information!

Asumie Maroba: Sort Of Good Detective

Drat! Then I'd like to be Daisy Truth!
Image Image
Payne By:Croik-----Maya By:Harry Miste

We've got almost all the slots filled.

I still need your information, people, or I'll start making it up myself! (XD you might not like it, either!)

I cant wait for this to start Now Godot
ImageImageImageImage

And thanks very much to bren for agreeing to be Myako!

We can start the trial as soon as I get my lazy ass around to sending out info :3

Staayyyy tuned! *marches off to go sit on his lazy ass*

Doomed Defendant

Location: I live in Luxembourg, according to Mrs. Edgeworth. :B (Nah, it's Canadia.)

I've saved the day by being the defendant.

Wendy Oldbag Save me! Save meeeee!

XD

Sorry, LoG. I'll have my info to you by tomorrow afternoon, latest.

Still waiting on Madfoot, and if you'll notice, I'm updating the pictures one by one :3

When am I going to get a copy of the case files!?
ImageImageImageImage

HyperJerk wrote:
When am I going to get a copy of the case files!?

When I'm not grounded anymore, sorry guys, I went and got a bad grade in my one class, so I'm grounded until it comes back on.

I'll only be able to get on from school, and I obviously don't have the files here.

Dang it how much longer can you be Grounded!?
ImageImageImageImage

It really depends. He'll probably be able to get back on when his parents SEE that his grades are up. If his school has a website where people can look up their grades, then it's whenever his parents happen to check. If not, they won't see his grades until the grading period ends, or they get a progress report.

Until I can prove that my grades are up. It'll probably be monday, I just turned in a 100 point project

I'm officially back guys, just give me another day to get everything ready, and the info'll be sent out!

I'll be Waiting :D
ImageImageImageImage

I'm gonna need The Judge's, Detective's, And both of the Defense Team's E-Mail so I can E-Mail you guys the official court record!

This thing is rollin' :O

I got the record LoG, if you needed confirmation or something.

Well, it would be nice to see that everyone's still alive. I haven't heard back from any of the witnesses yet...

...Anytime any witnesses want to tell me they're not dead...

The Stuff of Legends

LoG wrote:
...Anytime any witnesses want to tell me they're not dead...

You may have to open the role of Amy Carrion back up...

The guy who signed up to be her hasn't been on for like 2 weeks. I know this because he's supposed to be my judge.

Witness 3 hasn't been on for about a week either.
The post has ended.

Hmm... Your stupidity amuses me so....

I'll take over for the third witness if you re-open it.
Image Image
:ack: :ka-whip: Firm supporter of the :franny: / :phoenix: pairing. :object: :whip:

Dr. Wilder wrote:
Witness 3 hasn't been on for about a week either.

Not so. My eyes show that he was on just earlier today.
Page 1 of 3 [ 102 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Trials