Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay

Page 18 of 19[ 755 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Re: Danganronpa School Mode: Phase 2 - SPLIT Opinions!Topic%20Title

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Kishima nodded slowly to the girl who had approached him and stepped back a little. ”I . . . Don’t think it is funny at all, I just . . . I honestly do deserve what you say to me. In every way, I truly do. I didn’t mean to lash out my anger on you all, I just want my little sister. My conation was simple, and it was wrong of me to say such things. There is no extenuation for what I did. Kishima looked down. ”I . . . promise you . . . that I wouldn’t hurt Sakura. I didn't come intact with anyone on my way here . . . I’m very sorry Miss Amachi, if I knew what has happened to your classmate, I would gladly tell you. But I am certain that I am not involved in whatever did happen to her . . .” Kishima sighed with a penitential tone. He looked over at the girl who angrily snapped at him with hostility. ”I . . . I understand how you feel . . . I really do apologize and I understand that that is not enough for you to forgive me for what I have done.” Kishima felt like he needed to just leave. He knew that he came for Remeku, but what else could he do? It’s not like the barrier would come down anytime soon, and if it did, it seemed that he would be attacked by angry students from this school. He understood what they felt. He would be mad as well, hearing someone just through abhorrence out on others . . . He has been dealing with it for a long time. He just wanted everything to be normal, but it would never be that way. The only people he should be mad at are Kirimi’s parents. ”I didn’t mean to act so aggressive toward him, not knowing who he truly is. I hope that I can make amends . . . I really hate reading someone’s mind without their permission . . . but I can’t personally control my mind reading.” Kishima looked over to Jay and gave him a half smile. He looked back to Felicity. ”I . . . didn’t mean to act like I was omniscient higher power . . . I am very sorry for doing that. When people were to fight my parents . . . or bullies from school I went to . . . I would always use my intimidating aura to scare people off . . . I am very sorry that I used that on you and your classmates. I respect your strength against someone like me. He didn’t waste his ability . . . He used it pretty well, considering that I feel a bit under his league. He seems way more skilled than I ever could be. I hate my ability, the pain it causes me and the glitches I get from it. I have nightmares because of this power taking over my head. I have been trying to get rid of it . . . but it takes brutal work. Jay, on the other hand, seems to love his ability, and he is very fluent with it.” Kishima put his hand on his heart and calmly whispered to himself. ”There is no forgiveness for me . . . Kishima suddenly felt a pained stab in his heart. ”what did she . . . say . . . ?” Kishima tried his best to keep his sanity in check. He couldn’t lash out again, these students didn’t do anything to Remeku. They’re her friends. ”I . . . I . . . You . . . She . . . I don’t know what else I’m supposed to do . . . ! Remeku was taken from my family at such a young age . . . ! It’s completely absurd . . . ! Of course I . . . was worried . . . about her . . . Because instead of being with a loving family . . . Remeku lived with a family that abandoned . . . her . . . ! I don’t . . . care . . . if I have never . . . seen her . . . her entire . . . life . . . I just want my family to be happy . . . ! Ever since she was taken away . . . My family has been depressed . . . !” Kishima talked through his gritted teeth. That was one question that he was unable to take calmly. It’s not his fault that he had to come intact with so many auras on his way here . . . It’s not his fault that he is mentally disabled. He wanted to get rid of his power, he wanted his sister, he wanted his family to be happy, he just wanted to be a normal boy. ”I am far from being High and Mighty . . . I like to think of myself as a mistake.” Kishima said in a somewhat regular way, like what he said was something someone would usually say. ”I do have morality but you would just see that as not having morality. I know I made a bad first impression . . . But I will try my best to fix that . . . I didn’t hurt anyone in your class . . . I wouldn’t hurt anyone, I assure you. Even if this barrier was down, and I would be able to touch you, I wouldn’t do anything to harm anyone, and it’s not like I could . . . there being no PVP. I don’t think it’s okay at all. Here, in the real world. I was just trying to let you know, that you will not lose your friend if she were killed here, I never said it was a good thing. I honestly think that it would be very tragic to die in a virtual world. Deaf to myself . . . ? I know I’m rude . . . I am very rude. I will not deny something so truthful. I don’t like lying. I hate lying. Lies are so cruel, even if it is to protect someone. I will not lie to you when I say, I deserve to die. When I should’ve been dead when I was born. When I do not deserve to even have a little sister. I will not lie to you when I say that I am an awful person, a monster in a human appearance. I will not lie when I say that I am happy this barrier is here, because I don’t deserve to leave with someone like Remeku. She is way too beautiful to be with someone as ugly as I am. I am two faced. Please, insult me more, I want to dissolve in the hatred.” Kishima smiled happily to Felicity. Kishima believed he should be dead, but weirdly didn’t want to die. He wanted to make things better, but his existence crashes things down. Kishima hummed in a happy tune. ”Yes, you are correct. A rat is way better than I am. I am something of dirt, or just nothing at all. My existence is pure disgust. I am very certain that you tell the bitterly sweet truth. I agree with you. I would be pleasing to myself if I were cadaverous. But, if you were to know, Miss Clover, we will all die one day.” Kishima sadly looked at a nearby tree that waved calmly in the wind, as snow came down like being buried alive.
”I . . .” Kishima broke into sudden tears. ”Everything . . . ! All that has happened . . . ! I just wish I could tell everyone how much I care about them . . . ! I wish that I could tell everyone that I’m sorry but it never works . . . ! All of my suffering, all of the one I have lost who suffered when they were alive . . . ! I love them all . . . ! I love everyone . . . ! I just want everyone to understand that I am a good person . . . ! I want to stand next to someone and tell truths not lies . . . ! I just want my sanity back . . . !” Kishima gently put his hand on the barrier and looked at Jay, with the tears still coming down from his right eyes. ”I would have had . . . Remeku sooner . . . if I didn’t try and get rid of this . . . stupid power . . . I tried to remove it in a gruesome way . . . and I was sent to the hospital for a very . . . long time . . .” Kishima let out an agonizing grunt. ”I am sorry . . . I’m so sorry . . . Darkness consumes me weather I want it or not . . . I want hope to be the answer . . . ! But i’m telling you . . . ! I only bring misfortune . . . ! I deserve any hate you throw at me . . . ! Please hate me . . . ! I deserve it . . . !” Kishima was trying to talk through his tears, but it was hard to understand what he was shakingly saying. Kishima pushed himself to keep talking. ”I don’t think . . . you’re a bad person at all . . . Maybe I should . . . just leave . . .” Kishima could feel all of his sins crawl on his back like a parasite. It was feeding on him slowly, leaving Kishima in an uneasy state. He felt his head resist his thoughts, keeping him from being able to think at all.
-----

"Wh--h-huh?" Mikael stammered as Remeku's voice, along with her entire mannerisms in fact, had changed. He thought only he was good at doing that.

"A-Ah . . . g-getting into character, I s-see?" Mikael asked weakly. "O-Or, um . . . oh, crap, this must be . . . th-this must be a lot for you to take in . . . U-U-Um, I g-guess . . ." He really wasn't sure what to say, let alone do, in this situation. He observed Remeku's poring over her science equipment, working hard on the potion she was making. At some point as he was spectating, he realized quite suddenly that it was becoming more and more difficult to move. He found it somewhat painful to even take a step. He shivered violently as frosty white specks had begun to appear around the surface of his form. "S-S-S-So . . . c-c-c-c-cold . . . I-I m-m-m-must . . . g-g-get in-ins-s-side . . ." He took one incredibly shaky step towards the cottage. Then another, and then a third. "P-Please . . ." Mikael's call was barely-audible, and he didn't even know what to ask for. But he needed to get out of the cold somehow. Why, if his best friend was so close by, did he suddenly feel so alone?
~~~
Remeku held the sizzling potion in her hand delicately, getting ready to throw it, but was stopped by Mikael’s aura suddenly changing next to her. As she slowly looked over, her eyes became wider. ”Mikey~Senpai!!!” Remeku didn’t understand what was happening. Was it because she let go of the embrace? Maybe that’s what happened . . . How could she be so stupid!? Remeku quickly walked over to Mikael. It almost felt like it was a slow motion scene from a movie. It was the one time where Remeku wished she wasn’t so slow. She went up and just barely touched him, then let go immediately. ”You’re ice cold! D-Don’t worry . . . I won’t let you freez, my love!” Remeku smiled as she continued to stay in character, but yet still felt like she meant what she said. She was going to pull a potion out of her science bag for Mikael, but for some reason, she couldn’t do it. It was like her hand was strained to be pulled away from her bag, instead her hand reached for Mikael. It was like her heart and her reality were fighting against eachother. What was she doing? Her hand wouldn’t listen to what she was asking it to do. ”I . . . I . . .” Remeku moved closer to him and hugged him tightly. She had no idea what she was doing, but at this point she had no other decision but to just go with it. She closed her eyes and rested her head on Mikael’s chest, completely embarrassed. “I . . . W-w-w-won’t . . . l-l-l-let y-y-y-you . . . be c-c-c-cold . . . a-a-any . . . m-m-m-more.” Remeku’s heart pounded loudly in her ears. Her eyes were closed tightly, trying to see if this was even real. Didn’t Mikael think they had only known each other for a day and a half? Why did it feel like everything was normal? These kinds of moments were things that happened in their childhood . . . It felt so normal now . . . even though Remeku knew that it was far from it. Mikael needed his memories back, and even when he got them back . . . he would only have memories of the fake version of Remeku. She wasn’t the ultimate alchemist like she thought she was . . . she was the ultimate sorceress, and she barely even knew how to tell the difference between an explosion potion and a truth serum. She was so confused at the moment. It didn’t matter though. She was only worrying about her sidekick. Beside the fact that she was trembling herself, she stayed close to Mikael, and didn’t let go until he wouldn’t be so cold anymore. Remeku slowly but surely helped Mikael back in the cottage. She wouldn't just leave him out there like garbage. It seemed that it would take a while for Mikael to get warmed up, so she got a blanket from upstairs and put it around him. She ruffled Mikael's hair and gave a sweet smile. "I'll be back for you . . ." Remeku then got up and ran out of the cottage. She then threw the potion.

-----

Cat glared daggers at Kirimi as he spoke. The temperature in the room was colder, and not just because the door had been opened. "Everything is going to be A-OK!?" she spat. "Are you serious? Look at my son. He's traumatized. You don't even know what he's going through. I don't even know what he's going through. And you think we can just smile and it will all go away? Well, guess what? That's not how the world works. You acknowledge what the problem is, and you do something about it. You don't just pretend that it'll get better if you plug your ears and close your eyes and sing songs about unicorns and rainbows!" She shook with anger, and her gaze dropped to Remeku. Her voice dropped a few pitches. "Why don't you actually help and take care of Remeku? You can start by taking her into one of the many rooms in here with an actual bed. It's better than dumping her on the floor and then smiling about it."
~~~
Kirimi stepped away from cat and put his arms in front of himself, to protect himself. ”C-Cat . . . ! I-I . . . I’m sorry . . . I didn’t mean t-to . . .” Kirimi was speechless. He couldn’t quite understand what just happened. ”I just want everyone to be happy . . .” Kirimi calmly closed his eyes, in deep thought, and walked out of the cottage, completely ignoring what she said about his sister. ”Yelling helps no one . . .” Kirimi heard half of what Kishima had explained and saw him break down into tears. ”DO YOU EVEN HEAR YOURSELF!?” Kirimi ran up to the barrier indignantly. ”HOW PATHETIC YOU SOUND!?” Kirimi’s eyes lit with the flame inside of him. ”DO YOU THINK CRYING LIKE A LITTLE BABY IS GOING TO SOLVE ANYTHING!?!?” Kirimi banged on the barrier. He felt like he could tear something in half and then break it over this brat’s head. ”YOU GET NO MERCY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE SAID! MAYBE YOU THINK IT’S OKAY, BUT I DON’T! YOU INSULTED ONE OF MY STUDENTS AND NOW YOU’RE GOING TO ACT LIKE YOUR SAD ABOUT IT!? NO! YOU ARE GOING TO COMPLETELY DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GET! YOUR SINS ARE YOUR PUNISHMENTS FOR ALL OF THE CHAOS YOU CAUSE! YOU’RE SUCH A STUPID ANTAGONIST I CAN’T EVEN LOOK AT YOU! I WISH YOU WERE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEEEAAAD!” Kirimi kicked and banged on the barrier with all of his force, despite the fact that his knuckles felt like they were bleeding. ”I WISH YOU COULD SEE THE EXPRESSION ON YOUR FACE RIGHT NOW! A CRYING BABY WHO THINKS THAT IT IS THIS EASY TO GET AWAY WITH WHAT YOU DID! I AM SO DONE! SO FREAKING DONE! WHO RAISED YOU!? PEOPLE FROM HELL!? OR DO YOU JUST THINK YOUR THAT AMAZING THAT IT’S EASY FOR YOU TO BE FORGIVEN! NO! YOU’RE WRONG! I WILL NOT TAKE YOUR NONSENSE! EVERYONE IS IN STRESS RIGHT NOW, AND MOST OF IT IS YOUR FAULT! I HONESTLY FEEL BAD FOR YOU AND THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE TO DEAL WITH YOUR FOOLISH SELF, YOU IGNORANT LITTLE RUNT!” Kirimi screamed as high as his voice could go. It wasn’t very far, but far enough to sound intimidating. He snarled at Kishima like a wolverine. When this barrier came down, he would tear him apart.

-----

She opened her eyes to the sight of Lumica crying onto Remeku, and Cat's expression softened. She reached for the girl, hesitated, then gently placed her hand on Lumica's shoulder. "Hey," she said. "I'm . . . I can't promise that everything's going to be okay. I wish I could. But, I . . . " she bit her lip as she considered her phrasing. "I think that you've been trying to be strong for everyone else for so long. And you are. You're so brave. But maybe you're forgetting to take care of yourself. Stop and take a breath and, and let someone else be strong for you sometimes." She withdrew her hand and sighed, raking her hand through her hair. "Anyway. I hope you know that I'm here for you if you need me. And . . . I think Remeku should be in a bed, don't you? What do you say we move her?"
~~~
Lumica wiped her tears and nodded. ”Yeah . . . you’re right. Thanks, Miss Zemmern.” Lumica’s said shakingly. She stood up and slowly picked Remeku up in her arms. She was surprisingly light in weight, witch made it easy to move her in one of the many bedrooms in the cottage. Lumica pulled the covers over Remeku and sat on the edge of the bed next to her. ”I’m sorry La La . . . Or . . . I guess if you’re really that strang boy’s sister then it would be something else . . .” Lumica looked off into space for a moment and then looked back at Remeku. It was kind of strange, now that Lumica looked at Remeku. Even though this was just a Virtual World, her form looked almost real. Like Lumica was actually looking at the true version of Remeku. It was an odd feeling. Lumica was tempted to touch Remeku elf ears and see if they were really there but she strained herself. ”I am proud to know that I got to become friends with you . . . Even if it does truly break my heart that you don’t spend as much time with me as you do with Mikael . . .” Lumica didn’t expect an answer from Remeku. She was talking to herself at this moment. ”When . . . we braided each other's hair, climbed trees even though we weren't allowed. If you’d fall, I’d catch you. If I fell, you would catch me. We would dress up as our favorite characters from TV shows and mangas . . . and even each other. My mom would get mad at us because we would use her make up to play around. You always loved drawing. Your sketches were amazing, even though it was all sciency . . . All I could draw was stick people and even I was bad at that. You had a strange love for horror, maybe it’s because you always called your life a horror movie . . . I honestly don’t understand why you love him . . . We have been through so much together . . .” Lumica let out a sigh. These were things she wouldn’t say to Remeku if she were conscious. Things that she kept inside because she thought they were worthless feelings. Worthless feelings or not, they would come out some day, maybe in the wrong ears. Kishima who can read minds may find out and kill her. Who knows, Mikael may be first. Lumica wasn’t worried, considering Remeku would hate Kishima if he were to even think about it. ”You asked for all of this, odd boy . . .”
*coughs awkwardly*

Last edited by Sanity Serenade on Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 18 times in total.

You’re so small in such a big world...

After helping Lumica get Remeku onto the bed, Cat left the room to give them some privacy. She leaned against the hallway wall in emotional exhaustion and took a few breaths to compose herself. Looking back, she realized that she had overreacted to Kirimi. She hadn't even accepted his apology. He meant well. He may have chosen the wrong phrasing, but it wasn't fair to take out all of her anger on him when he had only caused a small part of it.

Cat heaved a beleaguered sigh, straightened herself, and decided she would go apologize to Kirimi. Later. Priority one was taking care of Austin. She wasn't really sure how to, but she had to try. And so she went down the stairs, sat next to her son, and silently gave him a hug.

Austin tensed for a moment from the contact, then relaxed. His breathing was steady, and he had stopped mumbling.

-----

'A-Ah, well . . . it is nothing.'

Rosalida's face fell. Okay. I don't . . . appreciate that, Jeremy. We both know darn well that it's not nothing. And between Isaiah telling me everything's okay when he's clearly having a panic attack and you saying it's nothing when your student is obviously in mental distress, I feel like you two don't trust me to do my job. And it hurts more coming from you because you're the one who hired me in the first place.

And then she went silent as Jeremy described what Austin had been saying, rubbing her chin as she concentrated. I see, she said when he was finished. There are a lot of things that could be going on with him. I mean, if he thinks we're not real, then he could be hallucinating. That could point to schizophrenia. On the other hand, people with PTSD can hallucinate, too, and Austin has been through trauma. I know that grief can manifest in many ways; maybe that could be what's happening. In any case, I think I should talk to him myself. After all, it sounds like he definitely needs a therapist. She frowned. But there's a problem. He might not accept my link. I'd probably need to link with someone else and coach them on what to say. He's the most responsive to Sayako, right? Could you please take me to her?
Avatar drawn by MC_Kitten, edited by Slezak

"O-oww..." Sayako groaned from the patch of snow where she landed. She took a moment to wipe her forehead to make sure she wasn't bleeding, then realigned her askew glasses and got back to her feet, amusingly leaving an imprint roughly in the shape of a snow angel behind her. She quickly checked herself over for any other injuries, and upon finding none, dusted some snow off her dress and sighed. "Well, that didn't work... Maybe if we all concentrate some spells at the same point on the barrier, it'll be enough to overload it and break through."

She considered it briefly before shaking her head with a defeated smile. "Or maybe it would just cause a bigger explosion and really hurt someone," she concluded. "It looks like I don't have any choice but to see if Zimmern-kun knows what to do about this."

Sayako hovered a few inches off the ground, shook a bit more snow off her legs, then flew back inside the cottage to look for Austin.

A new dawn.

"You shouldn't thank me for that," Felicity replied to Jay, smiling. "Maybe we aren't the ones to judge that, but if he can decide by himself that we're his punchbags, I think we have self-defence rights. And of course you'd want to give him a chance; you're the most forgiving person I've ever met."

Noticing how Jay had been hurt by Kishima's words, Felicity stroked the back of his hand, hoping to comfort him in what little way she could. "You shouldn't let him get to you," she said softly once Jay finished. "That's exactly what people like him want to see."

Hearing Kishima start to be reasonable, Felicity relaxed slightly. "If you don't think this is funny, then please treat it seriously. You can't rage at us and then expect us to calmly let you take Remeku. After all, we're part of a school, which is responsible for the students who study there."

She sighed in relief when Kishima admitted he hadn't come across anybody, though that left the question of where the missing people were. Felicity could only hope that Austin knew the answer to that.

"I hope you can make amends with him too," she said, unable to help a bit of coldness from seeping in there. "I'll tell you in advance that I'm pretty sure none of us here are bullies. So there's no need for you to try and be intimidating around any of us. And... I don't think this is really some kind of strength."

"Yeah, Jay's really skilled with words," she said with a glance at Jay, and a smile. "Though, if your talent's being hard on you, isn't there somebody who can help you out with it? Or are you like the first mind reader of your family? How do you even be a mind reader...?" She attempted to suppress the hundred other questions that had sprung on the thought of 'mind reading' being an actual talent.

"I think you misunderstood me," Felicity said, when Kishima had a sudden breakdown over Remeku. "I wasn't saying that you weren't worried for her, or anything else 'bout your family. I was just trying to point out that getting angry at us 'cause you've never seen us before isn't smart. Well, um, anyway, I'm sorry for your family and hope you can settle those issues here - peacefully."

"If, as you say, you're not arrogant, then you should stop trying to order us around and thinking it'll get you somewhere. That'd also make us more inclined to help you, I'm sure," she advised. "Also, if you're not planning on hurting us, then don't shout death threats. That's never going to make things any easier."

Felicity's expression had fallen blank, in confusion of how exactly to react to what Kishima had said. What were you supposed to say when someone you didn't know at all declared they should have been dead long ago? "I... alright then, if that's what you feel, but I'm not going to feed into your masochism. I'd rather not insult people unless they give me a reason to. So... if you want to, uh, "dissolve in the hatred", you should find somebody else. I hear asking people online to mock you works really well; you can try that once we get out of here." She did not return Kishima's smile, instead giving him a flat stare.

She fell silent as Kishima continued to insult himself, but when he talked about death, Felicity's eyes narrowed. "I know what death is, and how soon it can come. I don't need you to tell me that." She then realised what he had called her. "Wait, wait, let's backtrack a bit there. "Miss Clover"? How do you know my name again? 'Cause I never introduced myself. But now that it came up... I'm Felicity Clover, the Ultimate Lucky Student."

'Maybe I should go get Ms. O'Connor? Looks like Kishima really needs some counselling...' Felicity wondered as Kishima started crying. Before she could act on her thought however, she was distracted by a sound. She spun around and saw Sayako on the ground. "Matchy! Are you alright?" Felicity asked, and quickly found that answered when the other stood up, looking none the worse for wear. "Take care!" She shouted after the coupler who went back into the cottage.

Sleeping is my life.

After Gary had ate the cold breakfast, he have been staring off into space for God know how long. But eventually, Gary snapped back to reality as he looks around the kitchen. From the looks of it, he have been given a new set of clothes. He'd guess that Austin got him these clothes because of the first battle they were engaged in before they retreated to safety.

"Uh, can someone please fill me in on what's going on lately? I was kind of out of the loop since I ate the cold breakfast.... It'll be great if I can be updated on what's going on right now... I guess." Gary asked, hoping someone might be able to fill him in on what's going on.

Since her player doesn't really know where everyone is located, Sayako ended up flying right by Felicity, not noticing the other girl until she called out, at which point the coupler skidded to a halt mid-flight and turned around to smile bashfully at her. "S-sorry! Yes, I'm fine, it was more startling than anything... Um, I'm going to talk to Zimmern-kun to see if he can help us get out of here. Do you want to come with me?"

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"You shouldn't thank me for that," Felicity replied to Jay, smiling. "Maybe we aren't the ones to judge that, but if he can decide by himself that we're his punchbags, I think we have self-defence rights. And of course you'd want to give him a chance; you're the most forgiving person I've ever met."

"You're r-right. Heh, perhaps we should add gratuitous thank-yous to the list of prank-worthy bad habits?" Jay suggested in a desperate attempt to lighten the mood a bit. "I admit it's true we are allowed to defend ourselves if we're personally attacked. Still, I . . . don't like to hold grudges. They burden me too much with negative emotions."

And then Felicity began stroking Jay's hand. He blushed and looked toward her with a faint smile. "He made a horrible first impression to be sure. I just . . . don't want to believe that's all he is. I mean, look at the sorry lad now . . ."

And then he listened again as Felicity kept going off on Kishima, responding to each of his apologies with good points. He'd do the same for any of his friends, so it was such a comforting feeling to have someone who so easily did that for him. Even with an argumentative tone, her voice sounded so pretty . . .

"Yeah, Jay's really skilled with words," she said with a glance at Jay, and a smile.

Darn it, that was too much. Jay started to giggle a bit in giddiness, his face a bright red. It's not that he thought it was funny, and he was taking this very seriously, but having someone there to stand up for him felt so good.

Of course, Jay's expression went blank along with Felicity's, and nodded along with her continued responses to Kishima's apologetic ramblings.

"Kishima, if you leave, where will you go?" Jay asked, having caught the last little bit of his speech. "We can't leave unless either we're killed by a monster or we figure out what's keeping us here. Allow me to repeat myself: Let us figure out this barrier situation, and we can discuss how to go on from there. Take a while to rest and calm yourself, alright?"

He then noticed Sayako's attempt to thwart the barrier fail spectacularly and gasped. "Sayako, are you--" he started to ask, realizing that Felicity was asking the same thing. When Sayako stood up, he exhaled a relieved sigh.

"Take care!" She shouted after the coupler who went back into the cottage.

"Felicity, that was amazing. You're amazing," Jay complimented. "Um, do you want to investigate the rest of the exterior of the cottage with me?"

Whatever Felicity's answer, Jay began to walk towards places the group hadn't been yet; the sides and back of the cottage. He was careful to check for footprints as he went. He wanted to examine everything, which might take some time . . .

---

Mikael's vision began to fade at the edges as he found himself unable to coax his legs into taking another step. Suddenly, a wave of warmth washed over him, and he released a breath he hadn't realized he was holding in. Upon realizing it was Remeku, Mikael turned his blurred vision to face her.

"R-R-R . . . Rem . . . my?" Mikael stammered through chattering teeth. He wanted to say more, but his mind wasn't really working at the moment. Had she called him 'Mikey-Senpai'? And then 'My Love'? He couldn't tell if he was just hearing things, but suddenly he wound up in the cottage, being sat down in an armchair. The next thing he knew, he was being covered by a warm blanket.

"Th-Th-Thank y-you, Remmy! Ehehe~!" Mikael croaked as Remeku ruffled his hair and said she'd be back for him. He let himself begin to drift off to sleep for a quick nap. The last thing he witnessed was Kirimi carrying Remeku's unconscious form through the front door, but he had no energy left to react to it. Poor Mikael . . .

---

Rosalida's face fell. 'Okay. I don't . . . appreciate that, Jeremy. We both know darn well that it's not nothing. And between Isaiah telling me everything's okay when he's clearly having a panic attack and you saying it's nothing when your student is obviously in mental distress, I feel like you two don't trust me to do my job. And it hurts more coming from you because you're the one who hired me in the first place.'

Jeremy gasped in realization as regret darkened his face. 'O-Oh my, I did not . . . ' He closed his eyes. 'It . . . It is something. It is a lot of things. I should have said in the first place that I would rather it wait until later. I trust you completely, and I really could use your help. However, there are much more pressing matters.' He hoped the explanation would suffice. Carefully standing up and opening his eyes, he took a glance around the room. Something about the number of armchairs bothered him, and not just because it was an unlucky number. He decided to walk into the kitchen and look around to try to ease his mind while he listened on.

'There are a lot of things that could be going on with him. I mean, if he thinks we're not real, then he could be hallucinating. That could point to schizophrenia. On the other hand, people with PTSD can hallucinate, too, and Austin has been through trauma. I know that grief can manifest in many ways; maybe that could be what's happening. In any case, I think I should talk to him myself. After all, it sounds like he definitely needs a therapist.' She frowned. 'But there's a problem. He might not accept my link. I'd probably need to link with someone else and coach them on what to say. He's the most responsive to Sayako, right? Could you please take me to her?'

Jeremy nodded along as he examined the room, making sure not to step on Austin or Cat as he went about. Once Lida concluded, Jeremy nodded and smiled in affirmation, exiting the kitchen to search for Sayako. He inhaled, intending to call her name, but then stopped himself. For one, he'd remembered Rosalida was perched on his shoulder as he gave her a quick glance. He would've told her to cover her ears but thought better of it. On the other hand, he realized Sayako had just come walking into the cottage.

"Miss Amachi?" Jeremy began in a soft voice, gesturing towards the fairy on his shoulder, "Miss O'Connor has a fa-" And then Sayako called out to Felicity who was still outside, mentioning the Coupler's intention to help Austin. "Aha, um, would you care to allow Miss O'Connor to assist you in talking to Austin?" Jeremy asked, surprised and relieved that Sayako already seemed to know the plan. 'How fortuitous. Very fortuitous indeed.' Jeremy mused, his smile widening as he nodded to Lida to go forth and do her thing.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

. . .
*coughs awkwardly*

Last edited by Sanity Serenade on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

(I got furious with the submit button so the next few posts are just . . . *ahem*)
*coughs awkwardly*

Last edited by Sanity Serenade on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

. . .
*coughs awkwardly*

Last edited by Sanity Serenade on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

. . .
*coughs awkwardly*

Last edited by Sanity Serenade on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

. . .
*coughs awkwardly*

Last edited by Sanity Serenade on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

(Sorry . . . Wacky Timeline, so if nothing makes sense, then blame it on me)

Kishima nodded as he began to calm down. ”Y-Yes . . . I-I u-u-u-understand . . .” Kishima nervously coughed. He felt kind of weird. His head began to throb but he just shrugged it off. ”A-ah . . . I-I a-a-a-am e-e-exultant . . . Y-yes M-M-Miss . . .” Kishima was slowly processing all of what Facility was saying. He felt more and more pained each time. What was happening? He gritted his teeth then properly stopped, trying not to look stressed. ”Y-y-you s-see . . . P-people d-don’t t-t-take m-mind r-r-reading v-very seriously . . . A-and . . . my p-p-parents d-don’t really . . . like w-when o-others h-help me . . . th-they believe th-that they c-could b-be the o-o-only ones t-to help . . .” Kishima took a deep breath and continued. ”N-No . . . M-m-my father . . . i-i-is the f-f-first . . . one . . . I g-got it . . . f-from him . . .” Kishima coughed a bit before he look back to Felicity, feeling like her eyes were looking deep within his soul. ”I-I-I d-don’t . . . r-really know . . . L-l-like I said . . . I’m s-s-s-still trying t-t-to control i-it . . .” Kishima pulled at his hair. His head was really starting to hurt now. He considered worrying about it now. His mind reading kept jumping all over the place, going to one person and then another, reading things he couldn’t even see because of how fast they were going. ”I . . . A-a-am v-v-very s-s-s-sorry f-f-f-for t-t-t-that . . . I-I-I’ll r-r-r-remember t-t-t-that . . . T-t-thank y-y-you . . .” Kishima’s pain suddenly stopped for a moment. Now he knew exactly what was happening. This always happened. His powers were running down, causing harrowing pain. They would always stop in the middle of the torture and then moments later, it would stab you like a thousand knives going into you at once. Kishima waited for it to come. ”nngh!” There it was. It was a continuing cycle everyday. You try to read someone’s mind, it goes haywire and starts glitching, then when you try to calm it down, it doesn’t listen to you and does what it pleases, since you had used it so much from glitch then it starts to backfire, giving excruciating pain. Kishima sighed shakingly as sweat dripped from his face. He took a deep breath. ”Y-y-y-y-you’re . . . r-r-right . . . I . . . Nnn . . . G-got i-it . . .” Kishima couldn’t quite respond clearly to Felicity. He knew what she was saying, but it felt like he didn’t really have to say much more, or if he did say anything else, a flame would be lit up again even if he didn’t mean it. ”M-m-m-masochism . . . ? T-that’s n-n-n-not . . . w-w-what I m-meant a-a-at all . . . b-but . . . o-o-o-okay . . .” Kishima said defeated. He felt like he had nothing left in himself anymore. For a moment, he couldn’t even hear what Felicity was saying. The loud sounds of his mind were filling his ears like drowning in water. Felicity’s blank stare kind of shocked Kishima, as he weakly stepped back. ”I-I-I read . . . y-y-your . . . m-m-mind . . . b-b-but n-n-not i-i-intentionally . . . I-I . . . nngh . . . N-n-n-nice t-t-to meet y-y-you t-t-too . . .” Kishima’s breathing was quick and wasn’t very steady. His eyes were wide at the angrified Kirimi who bursted all of his hatred out on to him. Kishima felt more crushed to the ground with things to deal with. He didn’t have it in him to respond to Jay but he heard what he said and nodded with a weak smile. He fell back into a fetal position and grasped his head tightly. To be honest, Kishima’s mind reading was like a monster and it was eating him alive, so why couldn’t he leave the Virtual World?

-----

Kirimi stared at Kishima with troubled eyes after calming down from the yelling he had done. ”You are making me aggravated . . . because even though I am angry toward you, I still feel like I should be keeping you from harm . . . Is it you doing that? Stop it!” Kirimi closed his eyes in thought. He couldn’t understand why he felt different now, it was almost like Kishima was making him feel stupid from yelling at him.

After seeing how asking Kishima for help in his condition failed, Kirimi sighed and walked back into the cottage.
-----

Lumica happily pondered to herself as she thought of Kishima being yelled at by her fellow students. She got up from the edge of Remeku’s bed and patted Remeku’s cheek lightly. She walked outside of the room and went down stairs. She was just about to go outside, making sure nothing else flamed up again after Kirimi’s outrage, but she heard Gary suddenly perk up from his slumber, a bit flustered. He asked someone to tell him what had been going on so Lumica went over to Jeremy and smiled. ”I think I can help by explaining to Gary what’s been going on so you can take a moment to figure things out, okay?” Lumica then went to Gary and began explaining. ”So . . . It’s a bit crazy around here at the moment . . . We all woke up a while ago to Austin in a horrible state,” Lumica pointed over to Austin who seemed to be calming down next to his mother. ”Then we went outside and noticed something strange. There was snow on the ground but no more was falling on us. We soon realized that there was a barrier surrounding us as we came in contact with a very angry outsider on the other side of barrier. His name was Kishima Henashoru, Ultimate Mind Reader. He came for Remeku . . . saying that he was her big brother and not Kirimi and then started threatening the students. Mostly Jay, witch he tried to lowered his self esteem . . . Then Remeku tried to make a potion to take down the barrier, but horribly failed, and was sent back and knocked unconscious. She’s upstairs. Then Kishima got a horrible pain from using his power too much and is now curled up in a ball on the other side of the barrier.” Lumica talked slowly so Gary could understand her. ”Everyone seems to be focusing on Kishima, but honestly I have been in here for a bit of time, so I don’t know if there was anything else that happened out there. I did hear Kirimi yelling though . . . It didn’t sound like something he would do at all . . .” Lumica drifted off for a moment and then smiled at Gary. She almost didn’t understand the words coming out of her own mouth, so she thought it would probably take a moment or maybe even longer for Gary to understand. She felt a tiny bit bad for Gary and put her hand on his shoulder. "Are you going to be okay? You're not confused are you? Ah, that's a bad question . . . Are you dumbfounded? I don't mind helping you with something if you need it . . ." Lumica gave Gary a half smile. She then giggled and clapped her hands together quietly. ”How was your nap?”
*coughs awkwardly*

Last edited by Sanity Serenade on Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sleeping is my life.

Gary listened as Lumica explained what was currently going on right now. He nodded as he heard every single word that was being said.

"Thanks for telling me what's going on, Lumica. I appreciated that.... Wait.... I was kipping? Huh, I thought I was staring off into space but..." Gary seems confused for a moment, before he shrugged it off. "So, um... About this Kishima fellow... From what you were saying... Could this possibly means that he could poses a.... t-t-threat to our well-being?"

From the looks of it, Gary seems really paranoid when talking about Kishima Henashoru.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

"Umm . . ." Lumica pondered for a moment and then shook her head. "I think he is, but that may just be because he thinks he can take away my best friend. But, considering that things have been calming down and well . . . Kishima just not talking now . . . I don't think that he harm anyone . . . but if he does, then he will have heck to pay. I want to get rid of him, but Jay still want to give him a chance . . ." Lumica gritted her teeth. "But you have nothing to worry about, Gary! Everything is going to go back to normal soon . . . I can almost feel it!" Lumica said, trying to calm Gary's sudden fright down. She didn't expect Gary to take Kishima very well . . . she didn't expect anyone to, not even Remeku.
*coughs awkwardly*

Outside the back of the cottage, there was the lower half of a snowman, surrounded by little mounds of snow, as if the top half had been destroyed and scattered. A trail of footprints led from the cottage's back door to the snowman and back. There were well over a dozen layers of footprints, traveling back and forth until the snow had been packed in, but they all appeared to have been made by the same person. There was no sign that any of the snow anywhere else in the barrier had been disturbed before today.

-----

Cat wrinkled her nose as Gary talked, half-listening as she tried to help Austin relax by rubbing his shoulder. He was crying now, but quietly, and calmer than he had been since everyone woke up. Cat tried to remind herself that this was at least an improvement.

"Could this possibly mean that he could pose a.... t-t-threat to our well-being?"

She inhaled sharply and said, quietly but in thinly-veiled anger, "Gary. There is one of him. There are thirteen of us, none of which are helping Austin. There are more important things to worry about than some nobody on the other side of a barrier - but if you're too selfish to look around and see that, then why don't you go check for yourself? In fact, Isaiah, you're not helping either, so why don't you go, too. I want both of you out of here." She looked at Lumica and gave a weak smile that didn't reach her eyes. In a softer tone, she said, "You can stay here if you want to, dear. You don't have to."'

-----

Noticing the regret on Jeremy's face, Rosalida flew up to his cheek and patted it. It's okay, Jeremy. I just wish you had told me that you wanted to wait to talk until later - not that there was nothing to worry about. I do worry when there's something wrong and you won't tell me. But it's fine as long as you're not bottling everything up, okay?

When he stood up, she perched on his shoulder again.

The kitchen was plain and well-used. Several dishes were piled up in the sink, waiting to be washed. A door identical to the front door was positioned in the opposite corner from where Jeremy came in.

When Jeremy inhaled, about to call Sayako's name, Rosalida covered her ears. He glanced at her, and she nodded to let him know she would be fine. She wasn't sure if he saw it, but the point was moot; Sayako appeared. After Jeremy asked Sayako about Rosalida's idea, she smiled and gave him another pat on the cheek before flying over to Sayako and attempting to establish a link: I don't normally do things like this, but I think Austin will be more likely to respond to you than me. Are you okay with this?

Sleeping is my life.

Gary was taken aback by what Cat said, almost as if she was scolding him. "Hey! You don't need to make such a big deal about what I said! You're not even my mum!" He protested, before letting out a sigh. "But if you really want me out of here.... So be it."

Having just said that, Gary left the kitchen to go look around some more. Upon entering the living room, the first thing that he noticed was Mikael who is napping on one of the armchairs. Deciding that it would be better to let him enjoy his nap, Gary quietly tiptoed towards the door that leads outside.

Upon leaving the cottage, Gary was surprised to see that it was snowing. But, the snow is falling outside the barrier. "What the heck...." Gary started to ask, but stopped himself and shakes his head. "Actually, considering that we're in Austin's virtual world right now... Anything is possible."

Then he spotted a two-tone haired boy who is curled up into a ball on the other side of the barrier.

"Is that guy the Kishima fellow that Lumica told me about? If he is indeed the Kishima fellow, then I might have to be cautious around him." Gary thought to himself as he looks around some more.

Upon spotting Felicity, he walked over to where she is. "Uh, hey, Felicity..." Gary said, unsure of what to say next. Then he realized that he should probably ask her about the two-tone haired boy. He nervously points towards said boy as he asked Felicity a question. "Is that.... Is that the Kishima fellow that Lumica told me about? The Ultimate Mind Reader?"

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Kishima felt like his head was melting. He couldn't hear anything other than his head, and he couldn't feel the snow he was laying in . . . It was just complete emptiness he felt. Like darkness was coming back again to say a little, "Hello Again, it's me your best pal". Kishima shook his head crazily, trying to make the void go away, but he was soon too late, as he felt his consciousness slip away.

Spoiler: Nightmare Flashback - (A real Event in Time?)
Kishima’s eyes were forced open. He looked around with confusion and tiredness. ”Hello . . . Brother . . . mehehehe . . . !” When Kishima’s eyes came in focus, Remeku came into his view. She had blood dripping from her lips and he eyes were twitching crazily. She held a knife in her hand witch was an inch from Kishima’s nose.

”R-R . . . R-R-Remeku . . . ?” Kishima’s voice was quiet and raspy. Remeku constantly giggled in insanity and looked like she would pierce Kishima’s flesh any moment.

”You’re so pretty, maybe I can rip you open and look closer . . . Maybe I can pull your heart out and see how much you actually cared about me . . . mehehehehehehehehehehehehehe . . . Mehahahahahahah . . . MEHEHEHEHEHE! MAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Remeku laughed hysterically.

”R-R-R-Remeku . . . P-p-p-p-please . . . D-d-d-d-don’t . . .” Kishima grunted and tried to move his head back but noticed he was tied to a wall with chains. He tried to free himself but received no freedom.

”You’re so adorable when you’re scared . . . I almost want to rip your expression off and wear it myself . . . ! Mehehehehehhehehe!” Remeku’s head twitched jerasticly, almost like a broken electronic toy.

”S-s-s-stop . . .” Kishima looked away from Remeku.

”Oooo~! Be pouty more! Come on! Mehehehehe . . . !” Remeku tilted her head back and forth playfully.

”Nnn . . .” Kishima didn’t move.

”I said . . . be more pouty!” Remeku smiled widely as she slowly pushed the knife she had into Kishima right eye. Kishima screamed.

”AAAA! P-P-P-P-PLEASE!” Kishima sobbed.

”Maybe you don’t realize . . . I am not your dear little sister that you think I am . . . Meheheehheeheheheehe . . . !” Remeku said as her eyes and head twitched. ”Because . . . I completely devoured her . . . Mehehehehe . . . Mehahahahaaha . . . MEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEHE . . . !” Remeku began to stab Kishima non stop with more insanity each time. Kishima screamed, kicked, coughed and sobbed. All he could do was listen to his own flesh be peirced multiple times. Maybe this was how things were supposed to turn out. Maybe . . .

Then Kishima came to reality.

”No!” Kishima yelled. ”No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nooooooooo!” Kishima cried louder and louder until he could only hear his sobs and not the pounding of his head. ”R-R-R-R-Remeku . . . ! P-p-p-p-please d-d-d-don’t . . . h-h-h-h-hurt . . . m-m-m-m-me . . . !” Kishima croaked as he curled into a tighter ball. Kishima cried as he shivered. ”P-p-p-please . . . d-d-d-don’t . . . !” Kishima screamed. ”no no no no no no no . . . n-n-n-no . . .” Kishima pierced his arms with his nails. ”I-I-I-I . . . S-s-s-s-still . . . L-l-l-love . . . y-y-y-y-you . . .”

-----

”I honestly don’t understand why you love him . . . We have been through so much together . . .”

Remeku’s eyes fluttered open. ”LuLu~San . . . ?’ Remeku mumbled sleepily. She wiped the drool off of her mouth and slowly got out of her bed. Without making the bed nicely before she left, Remeku walked out of the room and down the stairs. ”What were you talking about, LuLu~San? Why are you so . . . sad?” Remeku thought as she walked downstairs, straight into the living room. She smiled warmly when she saw Mikael. ”I told you I would come back for you . . .” Remeku giggled. She looked over at Cat. ”Hello Cat~Sama . . . Has anything happened since I was knocked out?” Remeku said quietly, noticing Austin. ”Poor Austin~Kun . . .” Remeku frowned and looked back at Cat. ”And . . . Is there any way I can help . . . ? With Austin? I really wish I could do something . . . I want to be here for Austin~Kun. A-as a friend.” Remeku said with a small smile. ”I really just want to get my mind off of Kishima . . . Plus, Austin~Kun needs his friends . . .”

-----

When Kirimi walked in the cottage, he saw Gary run out and looked back at him. ”Oh, Hey Mr. Liddell?” Kirimi didn’t think Gary heard him as he continued to walk in the cottage. He took one glance at Cat and instantly looked away, not wanting to disturb her in any way. Then he noticed Remeku and smiled. ”R-Rem Rem! You’re awake! Are you feeling well? I think Lumica took you upstairs . . . I hope you don’t mind that . . .” Kirimi said shaking his head. ”Some worthless big brother I am . . . or what I thought I was . . .” Kirimi thought as he nervously smiled to Remeku. ”Am I still your brother . . . ? Or is Kishima taking that role. If I am being replaced, I at least want to say farewell . . .” Kirimi said hiding the fact he didn’t want to let go of Remeku . . .

-----

Lumica felt a stab in her soul as she watched Gary leave the cottage. ”How rude. Not only did you not answer my question, you completely left out any fact of poor Austin. Do you not even care, GARY!?” Lumica was about to run after him but stopped at the sound of Cat’s voice. ”Oh, uh, thanks Cat. Also, I can understand why you get so mad at people. It was so rude of Gary to just complete leave out any fact of Austin . . . I feel bad for him. Don’t worry though, Cat! I will take the role of being someone who cares!” Lumica giggled. She looked over at Remeku and jumped with excitement.

”Sho! You’re awake!” Lumica happily grabbed Remeku’s hands and jumped up and down.

”Sho . . . ?” Remeku said tilting her head.

”It’s my new nickname for you! Since you're last name is now Henashoru!”

”Ugh, I hate thinking about that . . .”

”Ah, sorry . . .”

”So, uh, LuLu~San, I was wondering what you meant earlier.” Remeku said changing the subject.

”What do you mean?”

”I woke up and heard you say, ‘I don’t understand why you love him . . . we have been through so much together . . .’ and I don’t understand what it meant.”

”Um!” Lumica stood still. ”How did you . . . hear that . . . ?” Lumica gulped. ”I-It’s n-nothing . . .” Lumica lied.

”Are you hiding something from me, LuLu~San?”

”I . . . I . . . I-I . . . ummm . . .”

”Wow . . . That’s nice . . . I thought since you’re one of my best friends that you will tell me everything . . . but I guess I was wrong.” remeku frowned.

”No no no no! I didn’t mean to come across like that . . . it’s just this is something that I had to keep in . . . for your happiness . . .”

”For my happiness? But . . . That doesn’t make any since . . .”

”It’s one hundred percent noth-”

”You know that I love Mikey~Senpai . . .”

Lumica slowly nodded.

”Well if you know that I love Mikey~Senpai then why do you still question why I do?”

”Well . . . because as your friend, I’m always going to be skeptical of the ones you care for other than me . . . because I want to prot-”

”There is more than that . . . Are you mad about something?”

”No . . .”

”Did Mikey~Senpai do something that I don’t know of?”

”No . . .”

”Did Mikey~Senpai upset you?”

”No . . .”

”Are you in love with Mikey~Senpai and don’t want to hurt my feeling . . . ?”

Lumica’s eyes shot open and she burst into tears. ”No, Sho! It’s because I love you! I love you more than anything on the planet! It’s all because I wanted to keep my feelings for you inside so that you could be happy! I wanted to see a smile on your face when you got to be with the person you truly care about! I didn’t want you to be with me just so I could be happy! No! I just wanted you to be happy, despite all of the sadness I would get! All of the sorrow I would feel from letting you go! It’s so hard to love someone who doesn’t love you back! It’s so hard!” Lumica put her hands on her face. She couldn’t believe that she just blurted out her feeling. The fact that she let it out made her cry more and she gripped her shirt. ”But it’s okay . . . I will get over it . . . For you . . .” Lumica ran up the stairs and into one of the bedrooms, closing the door behind her. She sat on the bed and hugged one of the pillows tightly to her chest.

Remeku’s eyes were wide. ”LuLu~San . . .” Remeku whispered. ”I’m so . . . sorry . . .”
*coughs awkwardly*

Last edited by Sanity Serenade on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A new dawn.

"I haven't even started on the first one - if we add thank-yous, I've no doubt we'll never have an end to the prank list," Felicity replied to Jay's suggestion with a laugh. "Yeah, I guess grudges do get a bit tiring."

"There's probably a lot more to him than what we saw now, true," she agreed with Jay. "But, you know, it feels a bit difficult to trust him after what he did. Sure, he had a reason and he’s apologetic now, but... this is the same guy from just minutes ago..."

Felicity nodded as Kishima answered her. Though she noticed how he stuttered, she chalked it up to the cold. "Your father never told you what to do when your power isn't in your control? You should ask him that next time, if you have this problem with it," she told him, unaware he was experiencing that problem right then.

As he started to stutter more and look really pained, Felicity couldn’t help a bit of concern. "Um, are you okay there? You don't sound all that good..."

And Kishima decided to mention he had read her mind, instantly throwing Felicity's worry for him right out the window. She found herself shaking slightly in anger, unable to believe how casually he had stated that. Accident or not, she was not at all comfortable with someone she barely knew being able to read her mind so easily.

Knowing that she would say something she’d regret if she tried to talk to him now, Felicity looked away from Kishima and towards Jay. She felt the anger slowly drain out of her, even as his compliment brought a light blush to her face. "Huh? I-I wasn't really amazing, I'm sure," she said, and then nodded. "Sure, I'd love to come along."

It was then that Sayako came to a halt and replied to her. Felicity smiled back. "I'm glad you're fine! It really looked like you took a huge fall. But I guess the snow softened the entire thing?"

When Sayako invited Felicity along, she shook her head. "Sorry, Matchy, but I already told Jay I'd check out the outside of the cottage with him."

And then Gary came outside and headed for her. "Oh, hi, Gary!" Felicity waved to him. "Yeah, that's Kishima, mind reader and all. I don't know what Lumica told you about him, but he's honestly not much to fear," she said, noticing Gary's nervousness.

With that, Felicity walked back to the cottage, following Jay's lead.

"Right, that's okay! Good luck with your search!"

Sayako nodded to Felicity before heading inside, where she ran into Jeremy and his proposal. "Ah, um, alright," she replied awkwardly. "Though I'm not sure how much I can d-ahh!"

She gasped in surprise as she suddenly heard someone talking to her... from inside her head, somehow. "Wha...?" Her eyes quickly focused on the small shape approaching her, then sighed softly as she recognized the school counselor. "R-right. Magic. Okay." After a split-second pause, Sayako gasped again. "W-wait, so... can you read my mind?" she blushed. "N-no, nevermind, that's not important right now. Well, it IS, but... Er, just don't tell me you can. I mean, please don't tell me you can't if you can, either, but..." She continued to fluster like that for a bit more before shaking her head. "Um, l-let's just focus on Zimmern-kun for now. And... please try to avoid reading my thoughts as much as possible..."

"R-right. Magic. Okay."

Rosalida smiled sympathetically. Sorry, I know this can be a bit awkward. Thank you for letting me do this anyway. She perched on Sayako's shoulder and listened to her question. No, I can't. I can only hear what you mean to tell me. Sometimes, if you're overwhelmed with emotion, some of that will slip through, but that's all.

At Sayako's suggestion to focus on Austin, Rosalida nodded. I agree. Could you go see if you can get him to talk to you? That's a good place to start.

-----

"Hey! You don't need to make such a big deal about what I said! You're not even my mum!"

Cat sighed and dragged her hand down her face. "I really have to spell this out, don't I? It's not about what you said. It's about what you didn't say. You haven't said a word about Austin. You haven't even looked at him! You really can't even pretend to care about how he's doing?" She gritted her teeth as he left.

And then Lumica spoke, which calmed her down somewhat. "Thank you. It's just infuriating how selfish Gary can be. I'd feel like a failure as a parent if my son ever behaved like that. Austin puts other people first!"

And then an idea came to her.

"He puts other people first," she mumbled. She turned to Austin, who was holding his ears and rocking. "That's it, isn't it? You've been taking care of us this whole time, haven't you? You don't need to hear that you're okay. You're worried about us." She gently took his hands in hers and brought them away from his head, and looked him in the eye. "We're okay, Austin. We're safe. Thank you."

Austin lunged forward, wrapping Cat in a bear hug, and sobbed into her shoulder.

Overwhelmed with relief, Cat silently returned the hug.

"Thank you, Mom," said Austin.

She tried to steady her breathing as new tears sprang to her own eyes. "You're welcome, sweetheart."

Remeku entered the room then and offered to help, and for once, Cat had an idea of how to answer. "Thank you, Remeku. I think what Austin needs right now is to know that everyone's okay. Just being here so he can see that you're awake would probably help." With that, she gently removed herself from the hug. Austin looked at Lumica and Remeku intently, as if trying to decide something.

Cat remained quiet during what happened next - and thankfully, so did Austin. He closed his eyes and moved his mouth as if he was talking, but he made no sound. She hovered between staying and going, feeling like she was intruding on a private moment between the girls but also concerned for Lumica. The poor girl. Cat knew a thing or two about unrequited love.

After Lumica ran upstairs, Cat finally spoke. "Um, Remeku? Could you please look after Austin for a bit? I'm going to go check on her."

She went upstairs and found the room labeled with Lumica's name. Cat knocked on the door and said, "Lumica, dear? Can I come in?"

"Ahaha, yeah, you're right. I'll be sure to vary up the ways I express my gratitude," Jay responded, agreeing that stopping himself from saying thank you might be quite difficult. He then nodded at the rest of her explanation.

And then Kishima started to look really pained, and even through his own animosity toward him, Jay felt a bit sorry for him.

Knowing that she would say something she’d regret if she tried to talk to him now, Felicity looked away from Kishima and towards Jay. She felt the anger slowly drain out of her, even as his compliment brought a light blush to her face. "Huh? I-I wasn't really amazing, I'm sure," she said, and then nodded. "Sure, I'd love to come along."

"A-Alright then! Let's . . . Let's . . ." He had turned to walk away, but looked back over his shoulder to see Kishima writhing in agony. He swallowed hard and bit his lip. This guy had just insulted Jay and his friends. So why did he feel so emotional for him now? Jay shook his head and walked off at a brisk pace, knowing that Felicity would feel better getting away from him, and that it wouldn't do any good to dwell on his concerns for a stranger at this moment.

As he walked on, he kept an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.

"Detective Jay Slezak, at your service!" A brief flash had appeared in Jay's mind, causing him to stop suddenly and gasp.

"'Detective?' But I-I'm--" Jay muttered, suddenly feeling quite nostalgic. He continued walking, but seemed to have more of a spring in his step, like he was excited about being on the hunt for clues.

Then he came around the back side of the cottage and noticed the peculiar sight in front of him, gasping once again. He fished around his belt pack for a pocketbook and a pencil, practically sprinting closer to the scene.

"What's this? A snowball? And part of another one on top of it?" Jay commented aloud. He glanced around at the scattered clumps of snow, scribbling down his observations. "Was this . . . a snowman? And look! There are tracks leading from it to what looks like a back door of the cottage!" Jay's voice was uncannily excited for the situation. Was this his way of coping? Or . . .

He traced, gestured, and counted with his hands. "One, two, three . . . six . . . eight . . . eleven . . . twelve . . . Hm, is that . . . ? No. Um . . ." He was talking to himself, almost in his own little world. Then he perked up and turned toward Felicity. "Ah! Um, I guess I got a bit lost in thought. Anyway, it looks like there are at least a dozen distinct footprint tracks here, but they were all made by the same person." He looked ponderously at the snowman remains. Why in the world would there be sets of footprints leading to and from it in such a way? He glanced over the scribbles he made. Was that really his handwriting? It looked . . . different, yet familiar. He also had a sudden craving for Starburst.

---

'Y-Yes, yes, later. I promise, L-Lida' Jeremy responded in his thoughts as he stood up to head into the kitchen. He couldn't hide a very slight blush as he thought her name.

As Lida parted ways with Jeremy to talk with Sayako, Jeremy realized he was alone and needed something to do now. He supposed he could check on some of his other students.

Remeku had just come down the stairs. "Remeku! Glad to see you up and about," he called to her with a smile. Then she stopped to check on Mikael, causing Jeremy to finally notice him.

"Oh my, Mikael!" he muttered in a suddenly-worried tone. Remeku was already going into the next room to talk to Cat. Jeremy shuffled over to Mikael and placed a hand on his forehead. He had warmed up a lot, but he was still below normal body temperature. "Wh-What happened? Oh no, I was so busy trying to tend to Austin I did not even consider my other students! I-I am such a horrib-"

"N-N-Nnnnn?" The sound of Mikael stirring interrupted Jeremy's self-deprecation. ". . ." He shifted in his seat as his eyes fluttered. He let out a petite yawn. After a moment of realizing where he was and what he was, Mikael asked, "Pr-Professor . . . ?"

"Yes?" Jeremy replied in a soft, fatherly tone as he placed his hands on Mikael's shoulders with a light touch.

"I-Is R-R-Remmy . . . o-o-okay?"

"A-Ah, that is . . . but what about you?" Jeremy asked. After noticing the look in Mikael's eyes, he added, "Um, yes. Remeku is fine. She was just in here actually, making sure you were alright."

"M-M-Me?" His head rose as he looked up at the professor, "O-Oh . . . yeah. I was . . . I w-was just . . . outside f-for too long." He then looked downcast. "I'm sorry I w-worried you-"

"Mikael, please," Jeremy's words nearly interrupted Mikael's, "It is my fault for not being able to keep an eye on all of you at once."

"B-B-But-"

"Mikael, it is important for you to rest. You need not wo-"

"What about F-F-Felicity?"

"Her? Why do you--no, it is fine, you deserve to know--she is exploring the outside with Jay."

"Ah, I see . . ." Mikael sighed with relief, his expression now calm. "Professor Jeremy, thank y-"

Lumica’s eyes shot open and she burst into tears. ”No, Sho! It’s because I love you! I love you more than anything on the planet!" The sound was loud enough to leak into the room in which Jeremy and Mikael were conversing.

"L-Lumica!" Mikael cried, attemping to spring forward but unable to overpower Jeremy's weight. "P-Professor Jeremy, please l-let me go! I n-need to-"

"Mikael . . . !" Jeremy strained, resisting the struggling boy, "You need to rest! Besides, what they are talking about in there is-"

Mikael had ceased struggling, opting instead for shaking. He covered his eyes with his hands as he began to sob. "I-I always h-have to try to help someone who's in dis-"

Mikael was interrupted by Lumica storming into the living room, flying past them and up the stairs. Mikael and Jeremy were stunned to silence. Then Cat entered the living room, presumably to follow Lumica. Neither Jeremy nor Mikael said a word as she passed by.

Mikael sniffled after Cat was gone, but relaxed a bit. Perhaps the professor was right and Mikael should just rest.

Jeremy remained silent. He felt like his mind was being pulled in a dozen different directions. He realized, for right now, he needed to focus on what he could do here and now. He bent down and hugged Mikael around the neck.

"Th-Thank you, Professor Jeremy. I'll . . . I'll be alright." Mikael's voice was still shaky from sobbing, interspersed with a hiccup or two.

Jeremy sighed again. Just hearing that made him feel better about the situation. "Sleep well, Mikael." He stood up and stepped back.

"Mmmmm . . ." was Mikael's response. His eyes were already closed and he drifted off, having already exhausted himself.
100% pure Joy.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Kishima shivered and mumbled to himself. He heard Felicity say something to him, and when she seem to have gotten mad at him again, he started whimpering. ”I’m okay . . . I’m okay . . . I’m okay . . . I’m . . . okay . . .” Kishima whispered to himself. He started to calm down very slowly. He thought about Remeku being happy around him, accepting him as her big brother. He thought of him and Kirimi being best friends, and not mortal enemies. He thought of being reliable to everyone, and not just a heartless freak. He thought of being a normal high school student without any painful powers. His powers stopped hurting him and he began to relax. ”Thank you world . . . oh how cruel you can be, but how beautiful you become once more . . .” Kishima said to himself as he sat up from his fetal position to sitting down. He crossed his legs and put his hand on his heart, the other hand falling on his lap. He closed his eyes and pondered for a while.

-----

Remeku nodded slowly to Cat as she quickly wiped her tears from her face, not wanting Austin to think she isn't okay. She wanted to see if Lumica was okay, but she was afraid of making her more sad. ”How do I tell you how I truly feal without sounding like a monster . . . ? Remeku thought with a sad look. ”I guess it’s impossible . . .” She sighed. Remeku cautiously sat next to Austin and gave him a small smile. "How . . . are . . . y-you feeling, Austin~Kun?" Remeku said quietly. She didn't want to get too close to Austin, being afraid of scaring him. She didn't know how he was feeling and couldn't really tell except for a kind of sad look on his face. "I . . . p-promise . . . t-that you will be okay along with . . . a-all . . . of us . . . We’re a-all okay . . . A-and if y-y-you’re ever in trouble, Austin~Kun, I w-will s-save you.” Remeku smiled brightly. ”Everyone will!” Remeku did the jazz hands, hoping to cheer Austin up. He probably just wants to see everyone and make sure they’re okay, that will cheer him up. She sat quietly and looked at Austin in the corner of her eye. It took a moment for Remeku to notice that Jeremy had said something so her. ”A-ah! Yes . . . Thank you Jeremy~Sensei!” Remeku said as he walked by to Mikael. She didn’t know Mikael was awake until she heard him start to cry. She was going to get up and see if he was okay, but she heard him start to settle down. Plus, she wasn’t going to leave Austin alone when Cat told her to watch him. She stayed seated and hummed to herself.

-----

Kirimi’s eyes jolted open when he saw Austin seeming . . . better? ”Mr. Zemmern! You’re okay! I-I mean . . . Of course you’re okay . . . D-don’t worry Austin. I’m okay.” Kirimi said awkwardly, not wanted to really worry about himself at the moment. ”Oh so is Gary!” Kirimi said when he remembered walking by Gary outside of the cottage. ”Wait . . . Gary . . .” Kirimi had a serious expression on his face. ”Why are . . . you worrying . . . about that idiot on the other side of the barrier when Austin is finally talking!?” Kirimi walked out of the cottage, keeping a smile on until he walked out the door. ”Gary!” Kirimi ran over to Gary and tapped his shoulder. ”I know you have already heard it from Cat, but you should be worried about Austin, not Kishima. Kishima is on the other side of the barrier, he can’t cause a threat, he is simply angry about Remeku. It’s not like he would hurt you.” Kirimi said with a sigh. ”Please, just remember that Cat is a mother, and when people completely discard any help of Austin, she feels like they just don’t care. You need to be there for your friends, for your classmates. They need each other, and you need to understand that. Austin needs to know you’re okay, so if you would kindly go in the cottage and let Austin know, that would be great.” Kirimi said, bowing, as he went back into the cottage.

-----

Lumica felt like she was soaking the pillow she was crying into, so she dropped it on the floor and just let her tears fall onto her lap. ”How could I have been so stupid . . . ?” Lumica jammed her finger into her forehead over and over until both her forehead and finger hurt. ”I’m so sorry, Remeku . . . I’m so so so so so sorry . . . I feel like I can’t even think without feeling like I hurt you in some way . . . I’m so se-”

She went upstairs and found the room labeled with Lumica's name. Cat knocked on the door and said, "Lumica, dear? Can I come in?"

Lumica looked over to the door and wiped her tears. ”Y-yes . . . y-y-you may . . .”
*coughs awkwardly*

Sleeping is my life.

"I thought so as much. That guy is indeed the Kishima fellow that Lumica told me about. Better be on my guard around him." Gary thought to himself as Felicity confirmed his suspicions. Gary glanced over at Kishima for a moment before he looks back at Felicity, only to see she was heading towards the cottage. He shrugs his shoulders before he continues to keep an eye on Kishima to ensure he doesn't do anything suspicious.

"Well, as long as the barrier is there, he can't hurt me. After all, what could-" Gary's train of thoughts was interrupted when he heard his name being called out, followed up by a tap on the shoulder. Gary turned around to see who it was that wanted to speak to him. It turns out that it was Kirimi that wanted to speaks to him. "Ah, Mr. Lata, what do you-" Gary started asking just before he was cut off by Kirimi giving him a short lecture about being there for his friends. As quickly as it hapepned, Kirimi was already back inside the cottage, before Gary even got a chance to say something.

He took a moment to process the lecture that Kirimi gave him. "Austin and I barely know each other... Though, Mr. Lata is right, I should be there for my friends. They're my classmates after all. I think I should do what he suggest I should do." Gary said as he started walked towards the cottage. Once inside the cottage, Gary made his way to the kitchen, where he spotted both Remeku and Austin. He went over to where the two are, but kept a safe distance from Austin. He was surprised to see that he was much better than he was last night. He crouched down so he can make eye contact with Austin.

"Hey, Austin. I'm glad to see you're doing better! So..... Um.... How are you.... holding up?" Gary asked, as he scratched the back of his head with one hand. "I'm doing okay, by the way if you're wondering how I'm doing."

"Right. Alright." Sayako nodded her head, then floated around the downstairs area, looking around for Austin. It didn't take long to find him; once she did, she approached with a friendly smile. "Er, Zimmern-kun? Hello. It's me again. Are you feeling a bit better?" She bit her lip. "I, um, hate to have to bother you, but... there seems to be some sort of large magic barrier outside preventing us from leaving. I was wondering if you knew what could be causing it, o-or how to get rid of it..."

Cat slowly opened the door to Lumica’s room, a concerned expression on her face. The plain room looked so empty. It was, after all, just a wooden floor, plain white walls, and a bed. It filled Cat with a sense of unease. She tried to shake it off as she approached the bed. Lumica needed comforting, poor girl.

“Hey, Lumica. I don't know if you want to be alone right now or not. I haven't been in your exact situation. I can empathize, though. I once loved someone who did not see me that way. I know what would have helped me at the time would have been knowing that I wasn't alone. So, I want you to know that I'm here for you, for what it's worth. May I sit down?” Cat asked. She glanced at the foot of the bed, then looked back at Lumica. “It's okay to say no if you'd rather stretch out. I'm here either way. So we could talk, or I could bring you something to eat, or I could ramble at you . . . whatever you think would be helpful.”

~*~

“Thank you,” Austin muttered to Remeku, his eyes still closed. And then Gary walked in and asked Austin how he was holding up. Austin opened one eye, shrank a little, and Inched back, biting his lip.

“I-it’s okay. He didn't really say those things. The real Gary would n-never say those things,” he whispered to himself. He squeezed his eyes shut tightly. “I'll open my eyes, and he'll be gone.” Things never go so smoothly, though. As Sayako spoke, Austin's eyes flew open and his expression was wild.

“N-no,” Austin muttered. “W-why? I thought . . . I thought I was done- . . .” Austin slowly got to his knees, putting his head down and hiding his eyes. “I'm sorry, Sayako. I'm so sorry.”

Rosalida had thanked Sayako for agreeing to help. Seeing how Austin was reacting to her presence, though, she pursed her lips. It would be easier for me to tell what's going on if Austin would finish his thoughts. Next time he cuts himself off, could you please ask him what he was going to say?

Then Sayako asked about the barrier. This caused Austin to sigh and shake as he looked up a little.

“The barrier? Of course you would ask about the barrier. Of course. I put that up to protect all of us. I'm not taking it down for even a second. We’ll be tracked and hunted if I do. I can't put you in that kind of danger - can't put anyone In that kind of danger. I'm not going to lose you guys, too! So please . . . please just drop this.” Austin looked down again, his hands balled into fists.

If we continue to ask about the barrier, I’m worried he might get aggressive. But what does he mean by ‘too’? Asking him that might be the only way we'll get anywhere, though I do worry it’ll hurt him quite a bit. I think you should ask Gary and Remeku whether or not they really want to be here for this first. Then maybe we should fly closer in case we need to comfort him. Are you ready?

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Kishima looked over at the cottage and frowned. ”I wonder what it’s like to have so many friends . . . Probably like heaven . . . To other people I guess it’s just a normal life . . . That I never had . . .”

Kishima closed his eyes for a moment and had a weird flashback.

Spoiler: The Young Spirited One - (Warai Lata, The Ultimate Spirit Keeper
”You know, It’s hard making friends in a murder chamber.”

”Well, I would only assume that.”

”You mean you ‘gruesumed’ that?”

”Is that supposed to be funny?”

”Well da-doy! Do you know what a joke is? Warai guesses it is very ‘punny’!”

”Kyaha, you’re interesting . . .”

”Haha, Warai is not interesting, for it is Warai Lata, ‘knife’ to meet ya’!”

”Kyahaha . . . I always have you to lighten up the mood”

”Someday, we’ll get outta heya! And then, we’ll get some ice-cream. Warai wants ‘Choco Lata’ and ‘Vani Lata’ Swirl!”

”Pfffft . . . someday, little one.”

Kishima came back to reality with a gasp. ”What was that?” Kishima scratched his head in confusion. He suddenly had a feeling of regret. He started to remember a little boy named Warai Lata. He was the Ultimate Comedian. At that time, Warai was only 7, and Kishima was only 12.

Kishima had another sudden flashback.

”N-no! L-let Warai ask you something: Has it been fun? Has all of the pain and suffering you have caused gotten you somewhere? Do you think you’re going to hurt Warai's best friend after what you did to it's family . . . ?”

Kishima’s eyes opened wide. That was a year later. Warai saved Kishima from a bad situation. Kishima put his hand over his mouth. He remembered someone who said something similar . . .

"Let me ask you: Has it been worth it? Has all the discord, strife, and vitriol you've wrought over the years really made up for finally finding the one you say you lost years ago?"

”Jay . . .” Kishima had a lot of regret now. ”I’m sorry . . . Warai . . . Jay . . . I can make a change.” Kishima walked around the barrier to where he could see Jay investigating an interesting scene behind the cottage. He tapped on the barrier and called out, ”Hey, Jay! Do you think I-I c-can m-m-maybe help you o-out? I c-can look over here and s-see i-i-if there is a-anything related t-to that scene!”

-----

Remeku backed away from Austin as he suddenly got to his knees. ”A-Austin~Kun . . . Y-y-you’re only going to hurt yourself if you react like this . . . I-I . . . P-please . . . C-c-calm down . . . e-everything’s fine . . .” Remeku shakily put her hand on his shoulder. ”W-we k-know y-you . . . w-w-wa . . . want to see . . . i-i-i-if w-w-we’re okay . . . b-b-but w-we need to know t-t-that y-y-you’re okay as w-well . . . T-t-t-the l-last t-t-thing w-we n-n-need is you t-to g-get hurt . . .” Remeku slowly rubbed his shoulder. She then looked over to Sayako and shook her head. ”I-I d-d-don’t think he w-w-will react w-well t-t-to you . . . Sayako~Chan . . . H-he s-s-seems l-like h-h-he’s s-s-sorry about s-something . . . H-h-he m-may feel like h-he doesn’t d-d-deserve to talk t-t-to you f-for s-some r-r-reason . . .” Remeku gripped Austin’s shoulder lightly and gulped. ”A-Austin~Kun? W-w-what a-are y-you s-s-sorry f-f-for?”

-----

Kirimi backed away from Austin slowly, not wanting to upset the situation more. He went over to Jeremy and stood beside him. ”J-Jeremy, sir? W-what are we to do? With Austin in this state, apologizing to Sayako, students missing, the barrier, Kishima,” Kirimi said as he looked over to Mikael and up at the stairs, knowing that Cat and Lumica were up there. ”And some students in stress . . . I don’t know how things could possibly get worse . . . This must be a lot for you to handle, Jeremy, sir.” Kirimi looked down, feeling like he wasn’t doing his job right. ”I wish I was helpful . . .” Kirimi gripped his arm tightly and gritted his teeth.

-----

Lumica looked up at her and slightly smiled to her. ”Talking’s fine . . .” Lumica scooted over a bit for Cat to sit down. ”I just . . . Thought that maybe, if I let it go, everything will be fine. But it’s hard to just stop loving someone and move on, it’s really hard. Especially since Remeku is such an amazing person . . . I just . . . I just can’t imagine a word where she never existed . . . I would be completely different. I need her in my life! I need . . . her!” Lumica’s voice broke and she curled up in a ball. ”I’m such a stupid boy!”
*coughs awkwardly*

Last edited by Sanity Serenade on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:19 am, edited 6 times in total.

Jay was bouncing around, looking at this and looking at that. "What would cause cluimps of snow like this? An explosion? No . . . A very hard impact? That would just knock the whole thing over . . ." He was also thinking about how the snow was undisturbed everywhere else.

"Whatever went on here, the person who made these footprints went from the cottage to the snowman, did something, and then walked back into the cottage. That's . . . a peculiar sequence of actions indeed." Jay was writing and talking and looking and writing and talking some more, in an almost trance-like state. He wasn't intentionally leaving out Felicity. If she spoke--if anyone spoke--his flow would be bro-

Kishima tapped on the barrier and called out, ”Hey, Jay! Do you think I-I c-can m-m-maybe help you o-out? I c-can look over here and s-see i-i-if there is a-anything related t-to that scene!”

"H-Huh? Kishima?" Jay asked, losing his train of thought. "Um, sure, I guess. J-Just, p-please don't make c-casual threats, alright? I-I already have a whole Killing Game's worth of t-trauma which has c-completely changed m-my life . . . wh-which I'm sure you've already sifted through . . ." Jay sighed. There was that feeling of distrust again.

"O-Oh! Um, l-let me know what you find!" Jay shouted with finality as he tried to get back into the groove of investigating, turning his attention back to the snowman remains and the surrounding clumps of snow.

---

Kirimi went over to Jeremy and stood beside him. ”J-Jeremy, sir? W-what are we to do? With Austin in this state, apologizing to Sayako, students missing, the barrier, Kishima,” Kirimi said as he looked over to Mikael and up at the stairs, knowing that Cat and Lumica were up there. ”And some students in stress . . . I don’t know how things could possibly get worse . . . This must be a lot for you to handle, Jeremy, sir.” Kirimi looked down, feeling like he wasn’t doing his job right. ”I wish I was helpful . . .” Kirimi gripped his arm tightly and gritted his teeth.

"Kirimi . . ." Jeremy placed a hand on the Fanfic Writer's shoulder. His tone was calm and fatherly, like he'd used with Mikael. "Try to remain calm. Please, sit down and rest. We will figure this out. I know where everyone is; I simply cannot be everywhere I need to be at once. That is why I hired you, understand? I have no doubt that if we divide the work amongst you, Lida--hmhmhm--and myself, we can ensure everyone's safety."

Jeremy hoped his explanation was comforting, at least a bit, to the distressed Kirimi. Jeremy stepped back, realizing he might be making it awkward having his hand on Kirimi's shoulder the whole time. He guessed it might be a good idea to go in and maybe explain things to Austin in a calm tone, but for now, Kirimi's mental state would come first.

---

Spoiler: Dream Sequence (Mikael - Who Is Yume~Kokoro?)
Mikael found himself standing in a featureless dark void, though he himself was brightly lit.

"H-Hello . . . ?" he called out, his voice echoing against nothing apparent. The walls of his mind, perhaps?

He was afraid to move, worried the only solid ground around him was under his own feet.

But there was a light ahead in the distance. A light which beckoned him closer. He took a belabored step toward it. Then another. And another.

"Mikey." A familiar voice rang, seeming both distant and yet mere inches away.

"P-Puffy? Is that-" Mikael began to respond, being cut off by the sudden apparition of his stuffed creature, which had become his familiar in the Virtual World as well.

"It's Yume~Kokoro!" the strange spirit corrected.

"Well y-yes, I-I know, b-but-""But that's beside the point. Mikey, have you thought at all about . . . who I am?"

"W-Well, u-um . . . s-someone who Remmy created to help me understand what I mean to her?"

"That's one of my duties, yes, but it's a bit more . . . interesting than that."

"Are you . . ." Mikael teared up as he thought about his next guess, "perhaps one of my real parents? Mom and Dad never told me what happened to the-""EEEEH! Wrong."

Mikael had to recover from the sudden noise for a second. He tried again, "A . . . friend of Remmy's, sympathetic to her cause?""BZZZZT. One more try!" The stuffed creature was close enough now for Mikael to see the individual fibers of the fabric.

". . . I . . . have no clue who y-you could b-be. M-Maybe-" And then it was as if a mirror had suddenly taken the place of the ethereal spirit. Mikael was staring at, for all intents and purposes, a reflection of himself. Mikael's curiosity caused his palm to reach up and come in contact with the reflection's. The sensation he felt caused him to shiver. Ice cold. No, even colder than that.

"Wh-What is this!?" Mikael asked frantically.

"Eh, sudden cardiac arrest will do that to ya," the spirit replied with much less seriousness than a bombshell like that should be dropped with.

"C-C-Cardiac . . . wh-wh-what?" Mikael's voice was shaky and he was shaking violently, as if he was about to begin freezing once again.

The spirit reached forward and placed a hand on Mikael's shoulder. The touch, probably meant to be comforting, was bereft of any warmth whatsoever. Mikael attempted to calm down anyway as the spirit began its explanation. "Listen to me. My name is Mikael Joy Stanza. I was the Ultimate Voice Actor. 'Was.' And not just because I met a gruesome fate, mind you. Well, perhaps not as gruesome as some of the other unfortunate deaths I witnessed in that Killing Game. There's quite a list, but I'll spare you the details for now. Anyway, Remeku's my savior, don'tcha know."

Mikael's eyes were wide and all he could manage to do was nod along to the explanation and mutter, "K-Killing . . . G-Game . . . ? Wh-What . . . !?"

"She gave me a second chance, you see. Spirited me away--pun only half-intended--ten years into the past. She was making a gift for a dear friend. Once I realized who this dear friend was, I was stunned. But . . . I'd retained my memories from that time. I knew the fate beholden to you if I did not intervene. Sooooo . . . I did."

"F-F-F-Fate . . . Y-You m-mean . . ." Mikael stammered, a look of sadness and sympathy on his face. This spirit had talked to him in dreams before. Mikael knew what it was capable of.

"Yes. I knew what I must do. Ah. You know that 'vision' your parents had, causing them to send you here instead of the place they originally had planned for you?"

Mikael gulped. He knew exactly what the spirit was referring to. "Th-Th-That was y-your doing, then . . ."

"Mhm! I simply showed them glimpses of what would happen had they sent you to that despicable, deplorable branch. A tiny little bit of trauma was worth potentially saving one of my lives, I'm sure you can imagine. Sooooo, that makes me YOUR savior, now doesn't it?"

"Th-This is . . . I-I-I . . ." Mikael was understandably flustered. How could he even believe what this manifestation was saying? Was his mind playing tricks? It seemed to know too much.

"I must make amends. I have to honor the deaths of my friends." The spirit had begun reminiscing to himself apparently, but made no attempt to hide it. "Aria Hayes . . . Cain Fitzgerald . . . Ohishi Jinno . . . Bud Lau-"

"Wait, wait, wait, Bud? You mean that senator guy?"

"Kyah! A-A-Ah, I . . ." Mikael's question seemed to startle the spirit out of its musings. "H-H-Hey! You weren't supposed to listen to that . . ." it sighed. "Though I suppose you have nothing else to do in this dream world. Sorry 'bout that." It was uncanny for Mikael to watch his reflection talk to him so casually.

"I . . . M-Mikael?" Mikael asked.

"Okay that's just weird. Can we stick with Yume~Kokoro, or even just Yume?" the spirit answered, "Don't worry, I'm okay giving up my name. You're the star now."

"S-Star . . . ?" Mikael could only shrug off the term, "Th-Thank you, Puff--I mean--Yume." Mikael stepped forward and hugged Mikael. Um, I mean, he hugged the spirit who now appeared to be Mikael. Now, which one was the real Mikael again?

And then Mikael began to come to. His head was swimming, and not just because he was a water elemental. He had a lot to think about.
100% pure Joy.

Last edited by Slezak on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cat sat down on the foot of the bed and patted Lumica’s shoulder.

“I understand. It was hard for me to move on as well. I know it sounds cliche, but time is what helped me. At least that helped me move on, but I would never say that I let go. Not really. I lost someone from my life, and that was much worse than my feelings not being returned. I'm not convinced you have to be out of Remeku’s.”

”I'm such a stupid boy!”

Cat blinked slowly and removed her hand from Lumica’s shoulder.

“I'm sorry. Did you just say what I thought you said? Did you just say you are a boy?” Cat looked down and ran a hand down her face. “Are you serious?” Cat stood up slowly. “I'm sorry, Lumica. I know you need comfort and I shouldn’t be putting my feelings first right now. I just - I just . . . need a moment.” She stepped away and leaned against the wall with a sigh. After a couple moments, she walked back over to the bed. “I'm sorry. I just . . . I feel lied to. M-maybe someone else would be better suited to comforting you. I'm . . .” Her eyebrows furrowed. “I'm too . . . too selfish.”

She turned around, and only then did the stupid tears form in her eyes. It did feel stupid. She had started to see Lumica almost like family, like a daughter. And she was lied to the whole time. It felt like she lost something, which seemed idiotic since she never had it in the first place. She opened the door, but didn't leave yet.

~*~

W-wait, Remeku! Rosalida thought. Oh, shoot. That's right. She can't hear me. But I think we should have discussed something before she did that. I think it might be exactly because Austin is apologizing to you that he might tell you what's going on. Of course, I don't know him very well, so I could be wrong.

Remeku wanted to know if he was okay? Couldn't she see for herself that he wasn't? But it didn't matter. It didn't matter . . . He was only vaguely aware of the hand on his shoulder, of the light grip.

”A-Austin~Kun? W-w-what a-are y-you s-s-sorry f-f-for?”

“I-I . . . N-n-no! No no no no no! I can't! I can't!” He jerked away from Remeku and started crying and sobbing. “I can't! Get away from me! Get away!”

Tell Austin to wait. Tell him it's okay that he can't. We'll talk about something else! Rosalida thought.

Austin scurried backwards.

“Too late. if you won't, then I will!”

He ran out the back door and into the snow. He made a beeline for the snowman, but about halfway there, he noticed Jay, Felicity, and some strange guy who was outside the barrier. He stopped dead in his tracks. His eyes darted around wildly.

“N-no! You're here! Why are you- . . . ? Just leave me alone! I don't want to hurt you! I won't hurt you . . . even though I know you won't feel it, I won't hurt you . . .”

Austin fell on the ground then and curled up into a ball in the snow. It was freezing. Austin didn't care. Not even as he could feel his tears freezing on his face.

Austin, wait!

Rosalida flew after Austin.

This can't be happening! Oh, Austin, what happened? Why are you acting like this?

Rosalida saw Austin in the snow, flew down, and patted his forehead.

I wish I could help more, but I can't do anything when I’m this size. Oh, I know. I'll get Cat. Could you please get everyone to help him back inside while I do that, Sayako?

Before Sayako could respond, Rosalida flew back inside and made her way up the stairs.

Sleeping is my life.

Gary was confused when Austin said that he didn't say those words. That and the real Gary would never say those words. "W-What?" Gary stammered, surprised by what he just heard. "C'mon, Austin. You should know better than that. I'm real, okay?"

But before he could even get the chance to say some more, Remeku stepped in and... made things worse, as Gary watched Austin run out the back door. It took him a moment to take in what have happened. He then stared daggers at Remeku. "Had you lost the plot?! Look at what you have done! Thanks to you, you made things worse for Austin and you should be responsible for your actions." Gary shouted, before sighing, clearly disgruntled about what had happened. "It'd be better if you have talked to someone who knew Austin. They might have a idea of how to best approach Austin, especially when he's in that state right now. Anyway... I better go see where Austin ran off to."

Gary ran out the back door, before he spotted Austin who is currently curled up in a ball. He went over to where Austin is and then he spotted Jay and Felicity. How he managed to not notice Kishima is anyone's guess.

"Hey, Jay! Felicity! We got a serious situation going on right now! It's Austin!" Gary called out to the Wordsmith and the Lucky Student, as he gestured towards Austin.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Kishima nodded with a big smile. ”You got it, detective!” Kishima put a hand to his forehead and did a little salute.

”I-I already have a whole Killing Game's worth of t-trauma which has c-completely changed m-my life . . . wh-which I'm sure you've already sifted through . . ." Jay sighed. There was that feeling of distrust again.

Happy moments end fast, don’t they?

Kishima’s smile faded to a sad agaped expression. His eyes widened. He felt like he wanted to say something but no words escaped him. Why did he suddenly feel so torn from that statement? It’s not like he was ever a part of a Ki-

Kishima was cut off and he was sent in a daze.

Spoiler: The Third Henashoru Killing Game, 1st Completed Trial - Flashback
”I-I . . . I’m sorry . . .” Olive looked down after the trial came to a sad end. 12 year old Olive Nikushimi, Ultimate Guitarist was discovered as the culprit who killed 10 year old Nagare boshi, Ultimate Astronomer.

”How could you do this!? We’re kids! We agreed to work together! W-we promised each other never to agree to what my parents said! Do you not understand what you did!?” Kishima angrily grabbed Olive’s shirt and picked him up the best he could. ”You killed Nagare boshi! She didn’t deserve it! She didn’t deserve any of this! She was 10 years old! You’re such an idiot! I can’t believe y-”

”Shut up, would ya’!? I know! We’re kids! Blah blah blah! Who cares!? Obviously you’re parents don’t! I know, I killed Nagare. But, what else do you think I’m going to do!? We were all toy for them, played around with, tormented for pleasure. Of course I’m going to disobey some rules a creepy two faced parentless monster made! You’re just stupid for not finding it out sooner. If we’re all going to turn evil someday anyway, we might as we-” Olive suddenly stopped to a hand that hit his face.

”Oh, you think it’s so funny!? To just blurt out some gibberish that makes no sense!? We are not going to turn evil someday! No day will come that we become bloodthirsty monster! We all have to be there for each other! Even Nagare believe that! She wanted everyone to be happy, wanted everyone to work together and fight against my evil parents. She believe we could all find a happy end like all fairytales do! You’re the only one here that his bloodthirsty! I hate you! I hate your guts! You became ally and then betrayed! I hope you feel that sting, you coward!” Kishima gripped his hands into fists.

”Enough of this! Kishima, I know it hurts . . . but we have to be strong, and we can’t let people like Olive get in our way. It’s not Kishima’s fault that his parents are crazy . . . it’s not his fault for anything. The main thing is, is that Olive started this, and he is going to have to face consequences.” Aito Yūjō, the Ultimate Online Streamer, pulled Kishima and Olive apart and stood in the middle of their eye connection. Kishima nodded to her with a small smile, while Olive rolled his eyes.

”Y-yeah . . . Let’s not go crazy . . . we might trigger something else in this place. All we need to know is that Olive killed Nagare . . . and that was completely absurd. I don’t understand what joy you could get from ending another person’s life . . . it’s so . . it’s so . . .” Remeku Henashoru, the Ultimate Sorceress, burst into tears witch made Kishima run over and comfort her.

”It’s okay Remeku, Nagare lives in our hearts and will always protect us . . . Remember, you’re a good person. The one who should be blamed is Olive. He ended her life like it was nothing. Don’t worry Remeku . . . I will protect you.” Kishima hugged Remeku tightly to him and patted her head softly.

”See, you guys are being such cry babies. I mean, she seemed like the kind of person to die first in the horror cliches right?” Olive said as he slowly shrugged.

”You’re asking for it, you murderous psychopath!” Kishima was about to tackle Olive, but Remeku held to him tighter, making him stop.

”W-we . . . trusted you . . . Olive . . . and you . . . stabbed us . . . right in . . . the back . . . how cruel can . . . y-you be!?” Ochi Tsuita, the Ultimate Poet, shivered in anger as he hid behind Shizukana Abisu, the Ultimate Graphic Designer.

”Why do we have to live through this . . . ?” Shizukana asked with a sigh. Everyone nodded as they all began to think for a moment. But, Olive interrupted the silents.

”Can we stop talking already!? I’m so bored.”

”Well, I’m sorry that everything is so ‘boring’ to you! But if you don’t mind, we would like it if you were to shut up and think about what you’ve done.”

”I don’t need to think about it. It’s simple, I killed Nagare, you guys found me out, you guys are mad at me, now we’re here. What else is there?”

”You have the brain of a rat. You really think that that is all there is to it? You can just kill an innocent person and get away with it? No. This story shall end differently.” Aito said angrily as she looked at everyone else and nodded.

”You have broken all of our hearts, and this is too bad to fix!” Remeku yelled out.

”you asked for war, Olive” Ochi said quietly.

”A war that never ends.” Shizukana confirmed. Everyone was slowly circling him, read to tackle him with all of their hatred but something interrupted them.

”Leave that to us, little ones!” Mrs. and Mr. Henashoru came into the room with wide grins on their faces. All kids stood silently when they looked at them. Some from anger, some from udder fear.

”What!? W-what is it this time?!”

”That’s right! We have a little surprise execution for Mr. Hikushimi!” Mrs. Henashoru grinned. ”Everyone this way! Or everyone will face what Olive shall!” and with that everyone followed along, crying for the sake of the friend they lost and the one they are going to lose.

”I can’t believe this is happening . . . This is more terrifying than a horror game . . .” Aito said as she bit her lip. ”We just all have to stay together”

”I-I . . . I-I just want . . . to . . . be able . . . to smile . . . for once . . .” Remeku held Kishima hand tightly as they followed the evil scientists.

”Roses are red, violets are blue, if I close my eyes, I’ll see Nagare and this will all be through . . .” Ochi said as he hugged Shizukana tightly.

”This is too graphic for me . . . I just want Nagare back . . .” Shizukana wrapped her arms around Ochi in return as they walked.

”I know what’s going to happen next . . . This is my third killed game” Kishima said to himself, gripping Remeku’s hand tighter.

They came into a huge room that displayed a very large guitar sitting on it’s side. It practically filled the entire room. It took a moment for all of the kids to notice that Olive was tied to one of the guitar strings, staring down at them with a plain expression on his face. Kishima could tell that Olive was ready to die. Maybe he was sorry for what he had done? No. He’s sick.

”Say goodbye to Olive Hikushimi!” Mr. Henashoru pushed a big red button and a huge and rather sharp guitar pick came out of nowhere. It started to strum the guitar lightly, witch kind of moved Olive. Then it began to go faster and stronger, cutting Olive piece by piece. Olive didn’t scream or yell. He simply just let his fate take him away. Finally, the guitar pick strummed the guitar the hardest and fastest it could witch cut Olive in half and sent him off the guitar to the floor with a loud splat. All of the kids backed away, horrified and began to cry. They lost two of their good friends. This, they would never forget.

Kishima’s eyes flung open. He didn’t even notice that tears were going down his face. He pounded his fist on the barrier once to get Jay’s attention. ”W-why would I have s-s-s-sifted through something like that . . . w-w-when I went through the s-s-same thing m-m-myself . . . ?” Kishima’s voice was quiet and shallow. As he saw some students he didn’t recognise come out of nowhere suddenly, Kishima walked back slowly and hid by a nearby tree. As he saw that he was hidden, he quietly began to sob, feeling all of the regret he had when he was in that Killing Game spring on to him. ”. . . Nagare . . . I miss you. . . I miss you all”

-----

”Aaa!” Remeku was startled by her hand being smacked away. The words Austin said hit her. ”No . . .” Remeku’s eyes filled with tears. ”I-I c-care about you! Y-you’re my friend! I w-will do everything I can t-to help you!” Remeku stood up and ran after Austin with all of her speed. She stood in front of him as he said something rather terrifying. ”A-Austin~Kun! W-what are y-you saying?!” Then Austin fell to the ground. Remeku went to her knees in the snow and closed her eyes tightly, as she put her hand on his head. ”I just want to useful . . . I know this makes sense to you . . . and in a way, it does to me too. Being alone is a bad option . . .” Remeku’s voice was quiet and very shivery. She knew that Austin would reject her, would try and get away from her at all means possible. But she would try and stay by his side for as long as she could. She wouldn’t let what happened to her friends long ago happen to Austin.

-----

Kirimi nodded to Jeremy. A sudden sparkle lit up in Kirimi’s eyes when Jeremy spoke. ”Why did you add a, “Hmhmhm”, after you say Lida?! Oooo~! I feel a weird satisfaction! This is-! This is-! Loooooove~!” Kirimi spun around and jumped up and down. ”How beautiful! Once I have the time I will write the best fanfic ever made in writing history! You will proud I tell you! Proud!” Kirimi’s sparkle, however, was blown out as Austin ran out the door, Sayako, Lida, and Remeku running after him. ”W-what the . . . ?” Kirimi ran after them and stopped when he saw remeku sitting next to Austin, with her hand on his head. ”Rem Rem, no! Don’t! It’s best to leave Austin be! I don’t know what’s going on, but I feel that that is the best way to do this!” Kirimi stood still. When he got no response from Remeku he just closed his eyes and hoped that this was all some sort of fantasy. ”I feel like I’m losing you more and more by the second . . .”

-----

“I'm sorry. Did you just say what I thought you said? Did you just say you are a boy?” Cat looked down and ran a hand down her face. “Are you serious?” Cat stood up slowly. “I'm sorry, Lumica. I know you need comfort and I shouldn’t be putting my feelings first right now. I just - I just . . . need a moment.” She stepped away and leaned against the wall with a sigh. After a couple moments, she walked back over to the bed. “I'm sorry. I just . . . I feel lied to. M-maybe someone else would be better suited to comforting you. I'm . . .” Her eyebrows furrowed. “I'm too . . . too selfish.”

Lumica opened her eyes suddenly and looked over to Cat. OH NO! Lumica realized that she exposed herself . . . or himself, witch made him cry louder. ”Oh . . . my goodness . . . w-why!? W-why d-does hell always come my way! I did all of this . . . dressed up like this to hide from . . . THEM! THEY’RE EVIL! SO MANY OF MY FRIENDS DIED TO THEM! I-I . . . !” Lumica let out a scream as he took off the wig he was wearing to reveal curly lime green hair that nicely fell when the wig was removed. He took a pare of black glasses out of his pocket and put them on. His tears welled up and came down one after another. ”T-this i-is who I am . . . J-just a lying m-monster . . . T-t-this is p-p-probably why . . . I-I-I a-am useless to Remeku. I-I’m r-r-really sorry . . . b-b-but I had to! Y-y-you d-don’t understand! I-If I d-d-didn’t make myself l-look like a girl . . . then THEY w-w-w-would have found me . . . I-I-I would be d-d-dead . . .” Lumica fell to his knees on the wooden floor. ”I lost . . . m-m-m-my parents t-to these evil people t-t-that I’m h-h-hiding from . . . a-a-a-and it’s so hard . . . s-s-s-so hard to not b-be loved b-b-by anyone . . . When y-you w-w-were so n-nice to me . . . S-s-so caring . . . I s-s-saw y-you as m-my mother . . . a-a-and I know it’s w-w-wrong . . . b-b-but y-you gave me hope . . . t-that I thought I-I-I lost years ago . . . s-s-so thank you . . . f-f-for doing . . . doing t-t-that for . . . what it w-w-was worth . . .” Lumica’s tears made a puddle on the wooden floor. ”I k-know y-y-y-you probably h-h-hate me now . . . M-maybe I s-s-should of let t-t-t-them kill me a-along with m-my parents . . .” Lumica scooted himself backwards until he hit the wall beside the bed. He put his knees close to his chest and hid his face under the bangs of his hair. ”I-I-I’m s-s-s-so s-s-s-sorry . . .”
*coughs awkwardly*

"'Detective'? A-Are you teasing me now or did you seriously just read-" Jay began to ask, but stopped himself, attempting to hold back his resentment from earlier as much as possible. "I-It's alright. It's alright," he muttered before trying to focus once again on the odd scene.

Kishima pounded his fist on the barrier once to get Jay’s attention. ”W-why would I have s-s-s-sifted through something like that . . . w-w-when I went through the s-s-same thing m-m-myself . . . ?” Kishima’s voice was quiet and shallow.

Jay glanced at Kishima, surprised by his reaction. "W-what!? You were also in a killing game? I-I-I don't . . ." Jay was stunned. 'Oh no . . . I screwed up again, didn't I?' Jay felt like he said something awful. Did he though? There's no way he could've known, right? Jay trudged towards the barrier, gazing solemnly at Kishima. "I-I'm really sorry for bringing that up. It's just, I'm really protective of my friends now after that . . . I . . . I did my best to-" Jay cut himself off, fearing he might burst into tears or, worse yet, trigger some horrific memories in the poor guy if he kept up his train of thought. 'N-No . . . I'll hold myself together . . . for now." Jay said in a strained tone as he wiped his brow. "I . . . I promise I won't bring it up again around you unless you want to talk about it. Alright?" Jay closed his eyes and exhaled. A single tear fell from his right eye, freezing just before it hit the snow. 'I didn't mean to . . . I promise I didn't mean to trigger anything. Stop it, Jay. What you saw never even happened in this timeline. They're alive here, remember? No. Stop thinking about it! I can't stop thinking about it!' Jay gritted his teeth, trying and failing to prevent his mind from spiraling. Too late. 'Sayako SACRIFICED herself for me last time, dammit! And now SAKURA'S the one who's missing!? I know this is just a game, but the universe needs to STOP PULLING THEM APART! Wait, why do I care about that pairing so much? Argh, just stop it! Stop it! Stop it stop it STOP IT!' He couldn't stop it though, even as he plodded back to the snowman once more.

Jay couldn't concentrate on his detective work at all anymore though. And then Austin came charging out towards him with a terrifying look. "A-Austin!?" Jay called out, turning to face him just as the frantic Programmer fell down and curled up into a ball in the snow. "Wh-Why? Why is he saying he doesn't want to hurt us? What is happening . . . ? Why is this happening? I don't . . . I don't get it!" Jay muttered to himself before closing the distance to Austin. He stopped three feet short, unable to bring himself to approach any closer.

"Austin!" Jay called again in a breaking voice. He looked down and pleaded, "Austin, please listen. I am okay. The others and I are safe. You are doing a wonderful job protecting us. I don't want you to do it alone anymore. I'm just trying to understand the situation so I can help you." Jay stepped back. "Will you let us . . . or at least let me . . . do what I can for you? You don't have to do this alone, Austin." Jay took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself, but still nearly choked up as he delivered one more sentence. "B-But if you want to, I'll respect that and . . . let you be." He retreated a few more steps in anticipation of Austin's reaction. He hoped Austin wasn't past the point of civility already. A dreadful feeling nagged at him. After everything that had already happened today, Jay was overwhelmed.

---

"K-Kirimi? I-I . . ." Jeremy couldn't hide his confusion, his cheeks becoming a bit pinker. "Kirimi, please. Now is not the time . . . I-I have no doubt I will be proud, but . . . s-see me later concerning this, alright?" Jeremy requested as he scratched his head.

Then Austin began to yell, prompting Jeremy to run into the kitchen to see what was the matter. He made it just as Austin was scurrying out the door, followed by Remeku and some of the others. "Oh, what is happening now?" Jeremy ran for the door, stopping just inside the doorway. He saw Austin curled up in a ball in the snow and let out a stress-laden sigh. "I believe it might be best to find Cat and let her work things out with Austin . . ." Jeremy suggested to nobody in particular as he turned around, intending to head for Lumica's room.

---

Mikael sleepily opened his eyes when he heard Austin yell something he couldn't understand. "H-Huh . . . ?" Mikael sat up straight, still a bit groggy after his dream. "Sh-Should I go . . . ? Professor Jeremy said I should rest, b-but . . . Remmy might be in trouble . . ." He shook his head. "Wh-Who am I kidding? Lots of people are in trouble right now." He threw his blanket to the side and stood up, deciding to take on his human form, even deciding to wear his normal human clothes. He thought this might be important. Besides, it didn't seem to make a difference what they wore anyway.

"Yume," Mikael called in a calm tone, "What would you do?"

"Consider your choice carefully," The spirit replied, deciding to be a regular stuffed creature to fit in with Mikael's guise. "In other words, I have no good advice."

"I-I . . . see . . ." Mikael idly wandered into the kitchen. Noticing an open back door, he moved towards it. Jeremy was there though, bound to notice him. Mikael's guess turned out to be correct.

"Oh, Mikael. I am glad you are feeling better."

"Th-Thanks, Professor Jeremy. Is Austin . . . ?"

"Please remain inside. The situation is being handled."

"O-Okay . . . Is there anything I can do?"

"You may come with me if you wish." Jeremy walked towards Mikael and placed a hand on top of his head. This caused Mikael to smile and giggle involuntarily. Just then, Rosalida flew through the door and headed towards the living room.

"Ehehe~ U-Um, sure, Professor Jeremy." Mikael agreed happily. The two of them followed the fairy into the living room. They would probably catch Cat and Lumica coming downstairs. Mikael really wanted to see if Lumica was alright now and talk to her about . .. what he had heard. He already knew that would be a difficult conversation to have, so he began trying to mentally prepare himself.
100% pure Joy.

Sayako did what Rosalida suggested.

A new dawn.

"You wanna be a sleuth in the future?" Felicity asked Jay, smiling at his sudden enthusiasm for detective work.

She listened to his assessment of everything that was there. "The footprints were by one person, huh? Could it be by one of us? I mean, this barrier couldn't have been in place before we arrived, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to enter the cottage... and snow would have wiped out the footprints if the barrier wasn't here, so they had to be made after the barrier was there. And after we arrived. Then, it'd be someone here who did this, right? If that makes any sense."

While Kishima talked to Jay, Felicity inspected the footprints further. She checked for any markings from shoes and the like, then placed her left foot on a clear footprint to see whether it'd be bigger or smaller. She knew it wouldn't help much, but it at least made her feel like she was doing something.

Hearing the reference to the Killing Game made Felicity look up from the trail. She tried to suppress the tears welling up in her eyes. Every mention of that game only reminded her that - in some world out there - her friends had died, killed or lived with the memories to haunt them. With a sigh, she focused on her investigation again, trying to ignore the continued talk about the Killing Game.

However, she did notice Jay walking back to the scene, with the drive he had before seemingly lost. "Jay..." Felicity started in concern. "Do you... wanna talk 'bout it?"

Seeing nothing more left to check, Felicity was about to ask Jay what to do next, when Austin came running.

"Austin!" Felicity dashed towards him as he hit the snow. Crouching down, she hesitantly placed a hand on his shoulder. "What's wrong? I'm- I'm sorry you don't want to be around us, but you shouldn't be out in the cold like this, you know?"

Cat froze in the doorway. The tears that had come unbidden to her eyes had started to fall as Lumica spoke. She turned around when Lumica talked about how Cat probably hated him and mentioned that he should have died, walked back to the bed, and wrapped Lumica up in a hug.

“Hate you? No, dear. I don't hate you, and I don't want you dead. I don't bear you any ill-will. I just need some time to process what just happened here. Please don't say such awful things about yourself, okay?” She wanted to say more, but that's when Rosalida flew in. There was a weird feeling in Cat's brain. It felt like a buzz. As Cat accepted it, a flurry of frantic thoughts entered her mind.

Cat, we need you! It's Austin! He . . . he - Actually, it would be better if I just showed you.

As the images and sounds flickered into Cat’s mind, she suddenly shot up. An angry blush crossed her cheeks.

“I'm sorry, Lumica, but I have to leave. We'll talk about this more later, okay?” And with that, Cat ran out the door and down the stairs. In the living room, she saw Jeremy and Mikael.

“Jeremy, please come with me. Mikael, please stay here.”

H-hey, Cat! Wait for me!

Rosalida tried to fly after Cat, but she couldn't keep up. She turned around, her breathing labored, and tried to establish a telepathic link with Lumica as she flew toward him and patted his cheek.

Sorry about all of this. There’s no way I'll be able to catch her. I know it's bad timing, but I need a second to rest my wings. Do you mind if I perch on your shoulder? Did you change your hair? I love it! . . . Are you okay? No, wait, that’s a bad question. Don’t answer that. Um, can I help you?

~*~

Austin jerked and shook violently, flailing on the ground.

“N-n-no! I'll hurt you! I'll hurt you! I-I hurt you! I did! I hurt all of you! I had to, so I did! A-and I'll do it again! I'll do it again if I have to! Be-because . . . because your real bodies are waiting on me. I have to take care of you. Why won't you let me take care of you?! I'm not doing a wonderful job protecting anyone! Please go away. Please go away. I thought I stopped torturing myself, but I keep making it worse instead! Am I just doomed to be tormented? For what I've done? What I didn't do? I don’t even know who you are anymore. I don’t even know who I am anymore! Please, stop trying to help me. Just go away . . .” His words after this point became indecipherable as he sobbed and babbled for a few moments. Then Austin looked up at Sayako.

“You want to know what I did, don't you? To Sakura? You haven't asked, but that's only because you want to drag this out so I'll suffer more! I'll tell you. I'll tell you, and then you'll hate me. I deserve to be hated. I brought you here, you’re trapped in my game, and I separated you from the love of your life. I’ll tell you, so you'll disappear. You only vanish after I tell you what happened and you punish me for it. I can't believe I thought for one second that this would be different. Sayako . . . I . . . You . . . Y-you were all hacked. You were all doing the bidding of whoever is really in control here. And I . . . I incapacitated all of you, and . . . And Arthur . . . B-but Arthur . . . Arthur . . . !”

Austin's voice broke as an agonized scream escaped his lips. He flailed harder, banging his head against the ground. “I'm so stupid! I couldn't save Arthur! I couldn't incapacitate Flo, Alfons, or . . . or Sakura. And now . . . Now they're all our enem-!”

Austin was interrupted by Cat running up and kneeling before him.

“Oh, Austin. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left.” Cat looked at Remeku. “Thanks for trying to help, dear, but I think we should give Austin his space.” She then turned to Gary, glaring at the boy. “Finally decided to pretend to care, huh? I don’t think Austin wants you anywhere near him.” She then addressed Jay and Felicity. “Thank you both for trying to help as well, but I worry we’re crowding him. So I’m sorry if I come across as dismissive of your efforts.” She then looked from Jeremy to Kirimi. “Look, I know everyone will want to help Austin, but I think this is something we should handle as adults. Would you, Jeremy, please help me carry Austin inside? And you, Kirimi, please have everyone assemble elsewhere? I think Austin is overwhelmed right now. If we're going to do this effectively, I think we should limit contact with him to only one or two people at a time from here on.”

With that, Cat tried to pick up Austin, who struggled in her grip.

“No! Let go of me! This is a lie! If I think I've gone inside, I might let myself freeze to death out here! Let me go!”

Cat grunted, straining from the effort of holding her struggling son.

“A little help, please?”

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Kishima could hear Jay faintly from behind his tree, taking what he heard into a full sentence. His crying calmed down a bit and he nodded, not to anyone in particular. This is why it’s hard meeting new people, because Kishima can’t introduce himself without being angry. This time it was because of Remeku, but many other times, there are no excuses for him. Everyone thinks he’s a threat, a bloodthirsty monster, but he’s really not. He’s pretty weak. He can’t hurt anyone, like he says he can. He can’t yell at someone like he thinks he can, he can’t take on a fight when he makes himself believe that he can. He’s just skin and bones. He may be intimidating but he’s just full of feelings and broken pieces of his own heart. No one understand. He’s not a threat. He can’t be a threat. Even if he tried. ”I’m just like all of you . . . I’m no different . . . I’m not a monster . . . I’ll never be a monster . . . I am not their monster . . .” Kishima gritted his teeth. There are so many people here just like the ones he knew back then. That have strength . . . encouragement . . . kindness . . . friendship . . . loyalty . . . All of his dear friends died having those with them . . . Maybe, he can avenge them all by being help here. ”I may be weak now and you all me not trust me now . . . but tomorrow is another day.” Kishima thought as a warm smile appeared on his face. He turned around and looked at what was going on from behind his tree. There was someone laying in the snow, with many other students surrounding him. He sighed. ”I might make matters worse . . .” Kishima sat back down and hugged his knees.

-----

“Hate you? No, dear. I don't hate you, and I don't want you dead. I don't bear you any ill-will. I just need some time to process what just happened here. Please don't say such awful things about yourself, okay?” She wanted to say more, but that's when Rosalida flew in. There was a weird feeling in Cat's brain. It felt like a buzz. As Cat accepted it, a flurry of frantic thoughts entered her mind.

Lumica was going to return the hug but then felt the warmth suddenly leave. Lumica let his arms fall to the ground as he felt tears go down his face. ”M-mom . . . ?” Lumica whispered as a small hiccup escaped him. He felt memories crawl into his mind. He hoped they were good memories as he slowly closed his eyes.

Spoiler: The World Doesn’t Spin Without You Here - Lumica’s Parents that were killed long ago?
Lumica opened his eyes at the sound of singing. He looked around his surroundings and noticed a very similar place, his own home. There was a fireplace, and a big TV above it. The house was completely made of wood and stone. Lumica remembered that his parents never turned on the TV, they were always doing something together, something that involve working together. Lumica noticed his clothes, his hair, and his size, he was a little kid. He was wearing a sweater that was too big for him, and his hair was really long, down to the small of his back. All he could hear was his parents’ singing. They were Christmas songs. After a while, they stopped singing and started laughing. The looked down at Lumica with warm smiles.

”Sweetie, why aren't you singing?” Mom asked and put a hand on his shoulder.

”B-because I d-don’t know h-how . . .” Lumica said looking away.

”Yes you do. It’s within you, little one.” Dad said and ruffled his hair. He took out his guitar and started playing a little tune. He nodded to Lumica and began singing, expecting Lumica to follow along. ”You and I, we’re like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky . . .”

Then mom joined in. ”With you, I’m alive. Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide.”

Lumica smiled and jumped in. ”So stop time right here in the moonlight, ‘cause I don’t ever wanna close my eyes . . .”

Mom and dad stopped as they listened to Lumica spill his heart out in his singing. ”Without you, I feel broke, Like I’m half of a whole. Without you, I’ve got no hand to hold. Without you, I feel torn like a sail in the storm. Without you, I’m just a sad song . . .” Lumica then did the jazz hands.

”I told you, you’re a natural!”

”I didn’t k-know I-I c-could d-do that . . .” Lumica said with a giggle.

”It’s within your blood. Never forget, Lumica, you’re always going to be very special to us, no matter if the world crashes and burns.” Mom and dad then hugged Lumica tightly. He felt tears go down his face as he went to return the hug, but before he could grasp them, everything went dark.

Lumica opened his eyes to him hugging the empty air. He burst into tears and smacked his forehead nonstop. ”MOM! D-DAD! PLEASE DON’T GO!” Lumica pulled his hair. He felt like someone pulled out his heart and shoved it in his mouth. He was however interrupted from his train of thought when he heard a little voice echo in his head.

Rosalida tried to fly after Cat, but she couldn't keep up. She turned around, her breathing labored, and tried to establish a telepathic link with Lumica as she flew toward him and patted his cheek.

Sorry about all of this. There’s no way I'll be able to catch her. I know it's bad timing, but I need a second to rest my wings. Do you mind if I perch on your shoulder? Did you change your hair? I love it! . . . Are you okay? No, wait, that’s a bad question. Don’t answer that. Um, can I help you?

Lumica smiled to the fairy that perched on his shoulder. When she patted his cheek, Lumica let out a small giggle as he accepted the link. ”Y-y-yeah . . . S-s-s-sure . . .” Lumica looked up and wiped his tears. He was done trying to hide who he was anymore. He didn’t bother to speak in higher pitch, he just spoke in his normal tone, which would give it away quickly. He took his finger and lightly tapped Rosalida on the head. Then she complimented on his hair. ”Oh . . . Do you w-want the truth . . . Lida?” Lumica went over and grabbed the black haired wig that he had been using and then looked down at Rosalida. ”I really hope y-you don’t get upset . . . O-or a-anyone . . . B-but I’m n-not f-female . . . I-I o-only d-dressed up like this . . . t-to h-hide . . . m-myself . . . f-from something . . . I-I know it’s h-hard to understand . . . b-but this i-is m-my natural h-hair . . .” Lumica closed his eyes and sighed. ”P-please . . . d-don’t hate m-me . . . I-I’m already a-alone e-enough a-as it i-is . . .” Lumica took a moment to keep himself from crying. ”I a-already failed t-to be u-useful to Remeku . . . I-I d-don’t h-have a-anything else t-to live f-for . . .” Lumica carefully got up and brushed himself off, feeling like there was something on him. Maybe his sins? Lumica sighed with a small smile. He seemed to have forgotten that Rosalida was on his shoulder as he started to ponder. ”At least . . . I-I can still . . . b-be around . . . h-her beautiful . . . soul . . .” Lumica picked Rosalida up with his hand and put her on top of his head, feeling a very unpleasant pain in his shoulder. He opened the door and walked downstairs, stopping when he saw Mikael. He shook his head slowly and smiled. If this is his fate, he might as well accept it. ”W-we have . . . a-a l-lot t-to talk about . . . Mikael . . .” Lumica said as he walked the rest of the way down. ”B-before we t-talk . . . I-I j-just w-want t-to say that I-I’m s-sorry . . . f-for keeping i-it in . . . A-all o-of i-it . . . I-I o-only w-wanted to escape . . . f-from t-this horrible reality . . . I-I know you probably t-think that I’m a l-lying freak . . . b-but I did i-it t-to g-get m-my hope back . . . b-before it completely g-gets l-lost . . . in the v-void . . .” Lumica said as he slowly rubbed his arm. ”I . . . am . . . n-not . . . female . . . Let’s make that a-a start . . .” Lumica said as he looked down. He stood still, waiting for a response.

-----

Remeku backed away from Austin and clinched her hands into fists as he talked. "H-Hacked!?" Remeku burst. "Did you say, 'Hacked'!?" Remeku took a long deep breath and tried to keep her voice low and quiet. ”Why . . . Austin . . . why!? Why!? It doesn’t make sense! It doesn’t make any sense! None at all! Why do you have to do this . . . we all care about you . . . we all want to help you . . . And no matter what, you can not keep me from trying to help you . . . It’s hard ya’ know? I try to keep this inside. I care about how you feel. And I know you hate the fact I won’t let you be, but I don’t know why you are so against us caring . . . I know you think you have done wrong . . . but you’re wrong. I want to tell you truthfuly, and I want to tell you boldly that letting darkness consume you is like letting winter kill flowers. It’s just letting yourself fade. I care enough to say that this is totally absurd. I just want to help, but uselessness is so common for me . . .” Remeku angrily stood up and watched him be taken away. She felt like she said something like this before. Like she had lost someone so similar to Austin. Wait . . .

Spoiler: Kurayami Miru, The Ultimate Actor - (The Austin from 2012?)
”Kurayami . . . ? Are you feeling alright?

”mhm . . .” Kurayami didn’t look up at Remeku, just kept his eyes closed and tapped the armrest of his seat. Even if he wanted to, he couldn’t see Remeku anyway, being completely blind.

”You look pale . . . Maybe you want a glass of water . . . ? or something to ea-”

”N-no! G-get a-away . . . far . . . b-before I d-do . . . something!” Kurayami got up and moved away from her. Remeku tilted her head, a worried look in her eyes.

”Why are you like this . . . ? I just want to he-”

”. . . T-this . . . i-is s-so y-you can escape!” Kurayami suddenly tackled Remeku to the ground and tried to put his hands to her neck but hesitated. ”I want you . . . t-to b-be . . . free . . . e-escape . . . escape . . . this place i-is too horrifying!” He tried again, but just couldn’t bring himself to doing it. He soon gave up and got off of Remeku. ”I . . . I’m s-sorry . . .” Kurayami ran off.

”Wait Kurayami! You’re going to hurt yourself!” Remeku yelled as she was about to run after Kurayami but stopped, noticing that she would never catch up to him in time. Remeku sighed and put her hands around her neck, feeling like she would be killed any moment. She looked around frantically. ”Why . . . Why . . . Kurayami . . . I-I . . . I d-don’t want to lose you too!” Remeku shakily went to her chamber room and went to sleep.

”Up! Up! Up! Everyone! Up!” A loud noise came through the monitor in Remeku’s room, making her wake up. Her heart was beating really fast, making it hard to hear whatever her insane parents were saying.

”A body has been discovered!” Her mother’s voice burst into the room. Remeku stood up, angered already. She threw her pillow at the monitor, doing nothing to it but making it wobble. She stormed out of the door and into the main lab room, where all of her classmates were.

”Remeku . . . We already know who the culp-”

”I know! I do too! Where is the victim! Huh?! Where!?” Remeku was freaking out. If everyone was in here, then-! Remeku’s eyes widened. Aito . . . ? Where is- ”AITO! AITO! NOOOO! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOO! AAAAAAAA!” Remeku ran out of the room, running everywhere to find where her friend was lying. ”KURAYAMI! WHY!? WHY!? WH-” She suddenly slipped on something and fell, face first into the ground. It didn’t hurt so much, since Remeku was completely use to pain. When she opened her eyes, all she saw was the cold and pale face of Aito, her face caressing the floor where Aito’s blood was spilled everywhere. Remeku screamed and got up. She crazily tried to get Aito’s blood off of her. When she looked in front of her, she saw Kurayami covered in Aito’s blood with a sad expression on his face. ”Th-this is your way of saving us?! K-killing someone to let them escape!? I wanted to help you . . . I wanted to be your guid in the darkness . . . But you think this is going to make things any better?! You’re wrong! Wrong! Wrong wrong wrong! I cared about you! I cared so much for your safety and for your protection! But you had to go and stab me in the back! N-not only me, but Aito! And everyone else! I can’t believe you! Why?! Why!? WHYYYYYY!?” Remeku was quaking like a thunderstorm was springing through her body. Kurayami took his knife he was holding and held it up. Remeku closed her eyes tightly, ready for Kurayami to strike but all she could her was a loud gushing sound, and someone collapsing to the floor . . .

Remeku came to reality again, her hands shaking uncontrollably. ”Of course . . . Kurayami . . . y-you still linger in my mind don’t you . . . it’s where your spirit likes to be, huh?” Remeku gulped with a bit of frustration and followed Kirimi into the cottage.

-----

Kirimi nodded to Cat and prepared to announce something as loud as he could. ”everyone listen up! If you would all kindly stay near me, for I will lead to a good place that is not disturbing Austin! Do not fret, we are figuring this out, and would like for all of you to be calm! I know you all want to help, This is a situation that just can not be handled by you guys right now! Just follow me, and we can all talk about this when we are settled!” Kirimi said and after a moment when he thought that Austin was being set down by Jeremy and Cat, Kirimi walked into the cottage and signaled everyone else to follow. ”Now please stay in the living room so that they can settle Austin down.” Kirimi said as he stood next to the doorway.
*coughs awkwardly*

Last edited by Sanity Serenade on Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sleeping is my life.

Gary stared at the scene that was quickly unfolding. "Hacked...? What is that supposed to mean?!" Gary said, shocked by the sudden revelation. "Well, that might explain why they were at the cottage right now. But getting hacked....? That's impossible, considering that Austin himself created this world. But how could this happen?" Gary thought to himself. Before he can think some more, he was suddenly taken aback by what Ms. Zimmern said.

"Well, excuse me, Ms. Zimmern! I was worried about Austin's well-being especially after what happened in the kitchen." Gary said as he quickly told Cat about what happened in the kitchen up until Austin ran out the back door. ".... And that's exactly how he ended up out here. I was worried for his well-being. Plus, Mr. Lata told me that I need to be there for my friends... My classmates. And I took his words very seriously! I don't care if you think that I was 'pretending to care'! Austin is ONE of my classmates, and I intend to be there for him, no matter what happen!"

Letting out a sigh, it seems like Cat wasn't going to listen to him either way. "So be it. You and your stubborn nature, believing in what you want to believe..." Gary said, as he threw hands up in the air. "You're just like my Grandpa Joseph."

And then Kirimi signaled for everyone to enter the cottage. "Riiiight.... Good call, Mr. Lata." Gary said as he followed the others as they entered the living room. He then sat down on one of the armchairs.

"You wanna be a sleuth in the future?" Felicity asked Jay, smiling at his sudden enthusiasm for detective work.

"Not . . . the future, per se. I was a detective in the past. Remember?" Jay corrected. He chuckled as he continued on.

However, she did notice Jay walking back to the scene, with the drive he had before seemingly lost. "Jay..." Felicity started in concern. "Do you... wanna talk 'bout it?"

"I . . . um . . . well . . ." Jay stammered, lost for an answer after he realized how what he had been saying had affected Felicity. He glanced back at the area where Kishima was standing, but he wasn't there anymore. Jay sighed as he looked back to Felicity.

Jay was right to have given Austin some space. He listened breathlessly as Austin freaked out, trying his best to follow along. He couldn't bear to watch Austin flail around like that, so he focused on his pocketbook, taking notes on what Austin was saying.

"H-Hacked? M-M-Me . . . ? U-Us!?" Jay remarked incredulously after Cat interrupted Austin. He looked down at himself. At his hands. His eyes then flicked to Felicity. Then to Sayako. Then to Cat. Then to Remeku. Then to the back door of the cottage, inside which everyone else was. His own brother? Kirimi? and even Lida? Lumica? Mikael? The others? They were all made to do evil things. Jay realized how hopeless that must have felt for Austin. This made Jay's chest tighten as his writing became more and more shaky and uneven.

"Wh-Why . . . ? I thought I was--Th-There was nothing I could've done, was there?" Jay's eyes were closed and he was lost in his own thoughts. He was so lost he didn't even hear Gary. Jay just stood there. Perhaps he would have to be practically dragged inside by one of the others.

---

In the living room, Cat saw Jeremy and Mikael. “Jeremy, please come with me. Mikael, please stay here.”

"R-Right away, Cat!" He turned to Mikael with a concerned look.

"I-I'll be okay, Professor Jeremy. G-Good luck! Ehehe~" Mikael replied to Jeremy's inplied question.

Jeremy wrapped his arms around Mikael and patted his back a few times. He pulled away a few seconds later, then jogged to catch up to Cat.

His heart dropped as he witnessed the dire situation outside. Austin on the ground panicking, Cat knelt down trying to comfort him, Jay standing there lost in thought. Wait, Jay . . . ?

"Jay! Hello? Are you alright?" Jeremy called out to him.

". . ." Jay barely squirmed in response. His hands were just kind of dangling to his sides, barely gripping the things they were holding.

Then Cat called for Jeremy. "B-But, Jay . . . !" Jeremy ran over and shook Jay's shoulder. "Come on! What hap-" He was interrupted by Jay's pocketbook being pushed against his chest. He read the page Jay had been working on, shuddering a bit as the handwriting became messy near the end. "Oh dear . . . Jay! Jay, please follow Kirimi and the others inside."

Jay nodded absentmindedly as he began to stagger forward. He would've forgotten the pocketbook had Jeremy not thought to shove it back in Jay's free hand.

Come on, Jay, don't go on autopilot now. You can do something about this. Alright, fine. You can walk inside, wander into the living room, and plop down on one of the armchairs, but please pull yourself together soon.

"I . . . I'll try . . ." Jay mumbled to seemingly nobody in particular, "T-To . . . keep . . . h-hope . . . alive."

Meanwhile, Cat had asked Jeremy for a little help. Jeremy obliged, tensing up from the idea of having to restrain one of his students. He'd done it before of course, but it hadn't gotten any easier since then.

"Austin, please listen!" Jeremy's tone was stern, yet pleading. He grabbed for a part of Austin not being held onto by Cat. He let out a pained grunt as he strained to explain himself, "I promise you I am acting of my own free will. Cat is too. We want to help you take back control, even if it means having to ki-" That word caught in Jeremy's throat. Of course he could never say that out loud, even if this was just a virtual world. ". . . immobilize our friends, and my students. We need . . . a plan . . . of action!"

Jeremy held on with all his might, attempting to lift Austin and move him into the cottage with Cat's assistance. He had no idea where he was going to take Austin once he was inside, but that would have to wait.

---

”W-we have . . . a-a l-lot t-to talk about . . . Mikael . . .” Lumica said as he walked the rest of the way down. ”B-before we t-talk . . . I-I j-just w-want t-to say that I-I’m s-sorry . . . f-for keeping i-it in . . . A-all o-of i-it . . . I-I o-only w-wanted to escape . . . f-from t-this horrible reality . . . I-I know you probably t-think that I’m a l-lying freak . . . b-but I did i-it t-to g-get m-my hope back . . . b-before it completely g-gets l-lost . . . in the v-void . . .” Lumica said as he slowly rubbed his arm. ”I . . . am . . . n-not . . . female . . . Let’s make that a-a start . . .” Lumica said as he looked down. He stood still, waiting for a response.

"W-Wait, is that . . . ? No, his hair was only green in the front. Never mind," Yume mused, glowing a bit to indicate it was talking.

"H-Huh? O-Oh, one of your friends?" Mikael replied to the stuffed creature, holding it close and shivering a bit. He was trying to avoid a confrontation and perhaps stall a bit. But he knew he'd have to respond sometime.

"'L-Lying freak'? Lumica, I don't think that way about you at all," Mikael decided to get right to the point. "Lumica, I have to tell you something: I d-don't understand any of this. I've . . . I've only been involved in Remmy's life for a day and a half. She says th-there are lots of m-memories of our childhood together, but I . . . I c-can't recall anything from before the start of third grade. M-My life before I was eight is just . . . gone." Why was he so willing to tell Lumica all of this? Is it a similar thing to Remeku? Was it possible Mikael lost memories of Lumica as well? How can one lose memories and yet still feel a trusting connection to somebody?

"I don't c-care if you're not female. I'm curious why you felt you had to hide it . . . b-but it sounds like it only brings back painful memories . . ." Painful memories? Did Mikael have some of those from way back? He'd been curious about those too.

"U-Um . . . ! B-But that beautiful singing voice of yours!" Mikael attempted to change the subject. "H-How do you change your voice like that? I thought . . . I was one of the only few who could do that." Mikael hoped he wasn't asking too many questions. Lumica had just revealed himself, after all, and apologized for keeping it all in. Maybe Lumica wouldn't mind the questions after all.
100% pure Joy.

"YOU NINCOMPOOP!!"

Kishima felt a weird feeling, like something wasn’t right. ”Why is it so . . . peaceful . . . ?” Kishima almost wanted to except the peace, but felt like it was just too odd to ignore. He got up and looked around. ”Seems that they all went inside the cottage . . .” Kishima said, looking at the empty land behind the barrier. He walked a little bit away from the barrier. ”I faced so many creatures on my way here . . . Yet, there is nothing around here . . .” Kishima had a feeling of curiosity that sprang in him. Maybe it’s because of knowing Warai? Or maybe even Jay? Kishima smiled. ”Both . . .” Kishima said his thoughts aloud. He thought back to all the things that Austin had said. ”Hmm . . . Hacked, he said? That’s an interesting thought . . . Someone else is in control here . . . Maybe, that’s the one who made this barrier? No . . . it was Austin . . . I heard him say it within the cottage . . .” Kishima was in deep thought, trying to piece together what was going on at the moment. ”Is this barrier keeping monsters away . . . ?” Kishima looked all around the barrier and a long distance away from it. It seemed that the barrier was keeping creatures from it within a good distance. ”If the barrier keeps monsters away . . . then I guess that proves that I’m not . . .” Kishima smiled with a bit of determination. ”No one can change who I’m meant to be . . .” Kishima said and yawned. ”You use to want me to sleep forever . . .” Kishima said as he imagined his mother standing in front of him. ”You thought I was a failed project . . . but, I succeeded.” Kishima put his hand on his heart. ”I may be your creation . . . but I can still kill you . . . I can still make you pay . . . Remeku won’t miss you . . .” Kishima said as he swatted at the illusion of his mother, making it dissolve in the air. ”I believe that if you knew what these tears were for . . . they would just pour like every drop of rain.”

-----

Lumica gulped and showed a very calm face. ”R-Remeku has shown me . . . many pictures of you and her . . . I know that what she says is true.” Lumica said as he put his arms around himself, even though it wasn’t cold. ”I-I d-don’t understand any of this either . . . Mikael, I have been asking her for a while why she is in love with you . . . She never tells me . . . I don’t understand . . . I-I . . . She was always there for me . . . Always protecting me . . . I thought s-she . . .” Lumica tried to think more about what he was trying to answer for Mikael. ”But then I think again . . . there doesn’t have to be a reason for love.” Lumica gripped himself tightly, like he was holding himself together. ”K-killing games . . . I feel like you and many other people have heard of the term, have you not? Anyway, I was in two killing games at this place called ‘Henashoru Labs’. It was a place where these two horrible people did experiments on kids that interested them . . .” Lumica said quietly, seeing everyone suddenly come in. He knew Rosalida was on top of his head, but he wanted her to hear this. He wanted to talk to Rosalida soon anyway, to see if she would help him. ”I experienced so many of my friends die . . . to the insanity of many of my other friends . . . and it was all because of those awful, awful, AWFUL scientists . . . !” Lumica grunted in sudden anger and then calmed back down. ”I then escaped before the third killing game could happen . . . And I came back multiple times to save other kids from this place . . .” Lumica said still with a bit of anger in his voice. ”I knew that the Henashorus would try and look for me, knowing I was the reason for many of their lab subjects escaping. So I hid myself as a girl . . .” Lumica said with disappointment. ”Now everyone will get upset with me because I hid myself as someone completely different . . . Nobody will understand that it’s so hard to be myself . . . when I know that I will be killed for it . . .” Lumica said with a bit more anger in his tone. ”A-ah? M-my voice?” Lumica was caught off guard by the sudden question. ”Whatever do you mean? That is my natural singing voice! I know I sound like a girl when I sing . . . but I use that ability to put people to sleep . . .” Lumica said and then gritted his teeth. ”I-I’m the Ultimate Escape Artist . . . I use my singing voice to put people to sleep and then escape them . . . At least, that’s my favorite method of escape . . .” Lumica said as he hugged himself tighter. He was going to say more but then heard Remeku burst out at Gary. ”Sho . . . ?’ Lumica almost wanted to go over to Gary and knock him out for making Remeku so mad but he didn’t want to start anymore drama. He shrugged it off and looked back to Mikael.

-----

Remeku tried to take deep breaths as she walked into the cottage. She was very overwhelmed with everything. Maybe she should just sit down and rest her head for a minute. Her anger however flamed up more as Gary started bad mouthing Cat. ”G-Gary . . .” Remeku felt like she should just ignore Gary but she couldn’t hold it in, she was too overwhelmed, too stressed, too sad, too worried, just done. ”Could you . . . Kindly . . . Shut up!? You know, I really wish that you would just let everyone calm down, but you just want chaos, huh? Everyone is trying to help, don’t you see!? You are just standing there, watching things slowly calm down, and then starting them back up again! Cat is Austin’s mother! She is the only one that can truly calm things down with Austin, and you want to go bad mouthing her!? Come on, I dare you to say one more thing to Cat in such a rude way! I dare you!” Remeku angrily gritted her teeth. ”If you even think about getting near Austin again, you will have hell to pay!” Remeku glared at Gary with wide eyes. She was so mad she could punch Gary, but she kept herself at word anger. ”And do you know how sexist you have been lately!? You only follow direction to my big brother, say that your trying to help Austin, but your yelling at Cat who is helping, doing something any mother would do!?” Remeku took a step forward. She wanted to tackle Gary to the ground, wanted to show him how big of an idiot he has been. ”So, are you going to yell at me?! Because I’m a girl!? Are you going to try and prove a point through that dirty mouth of yours!? What are you going to do!?” Remeku growled at Gary. ”Gary, I want to be nice to you, because you’re my classmate, someone who I’m supposed to trust, but I really can’t do it. I have been dumped on with all of this emotion that is making me so stressed, and you keep filling my head with all of this hate! Cat is an adult! You, all of us students, are still young! Cat has to do what she can do for her own son, you need to stop saying trash! Stop it, Gary! Stop!” Remeku yelled at Gary with all of the breath she had. ”I’m so done with you.” Remeku took another step forward, only about 3 feet away from Gary. She was done with Gary's attitude.

-----

Kirimi gulped as Remeku yelled angrily to Gary. He cautiously walked over to Remeku and put a hand on her shoulder. "Rem Rem . . . Please calm down . . . I know Gary hasn't been the best lately but you can talk to him in a much proper way than this." Kirimi pulled Remeku into a small hug and then patted her head. "Never waste your breath yelling at someone . . . It never gets you anywhere. I learned from experience." Kirimi said calmly. He then walked over to Gary and put a hand on his head. "Gary . . . This is unexceptional, to yell at Cat. You can't expect Austin to be very happy with you, yelling at his own mother. Cat is doing everything she can to help her son, and to be horribly honest, you are being very rude, and not helping in the best of ways. In a matter of fact, not at all. I'm sorry Gary, but you just need to be quiet for a bit. We are trying to handle things the best we can, and it's not helping that you're yelling at the person that we need the most at the moment. Please Gary, I am just trying to be reasonable." Kirimi sighed and glanced at Remeku, who still angrily stared at Gary. "Heck, you've made my little sister mad . . ." Kirimi closed his eyes for a moment and then took his hand off of Gary's head. "I can't really keep Remeku from yelling at you, so you're just going to have to face her. I want you to remember something though, you started this anger. You can either solve this the good way or the bad way: Apologize to the ones you've angered, or continue with this path you've chosen . . . Which ever you chose, will change the ways people think of you, and the universe you live in. Chose wisely, my friend." Kirimi frowned and shook his head. "Continue or stop it, Gary." And with that, Kirimi left him be.
*coughs awkwardly*

Sleeping is my life.

Gary flinched and shrank away as Remeku stormed up to him and started yelling. He.... didn't expect an outburst like this. And from Remeku of all people. He remained frozen in fear, up until Kirimi came up and talked to him.

He stared at Remeku, before sighing. "Hey, dude. You might wanna take a deep breath first. You're probably letting it get all into your head." Gary said as he waited for Remeku to do so, before continuing. "First, was it really that necessary to get yourself involved? You don't want Ms. Zimmern to get the wrong idea about this? Would she let you be around Austin after finding out you were threating me?"

Gary shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know the answer to that question. It's up to Ms. Zimmern to decide what the answer is." He then crossed his arms. "Anyway, your brother's right. I'll apologize to Ms. Zimmern when she's here with us. And... Hmm..." Gary thinks for a moment and replied, "Lumica. Yeah, I think I'll apologize to her as well."

He sighed as he looks round the living room.
Page 18 of 19 [ 755 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » Roleplay » General Roleplay