Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 30 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch1 Class Trial)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

Collin1002 wrote:
"Maybe that crashing noise we heard was them rolling the boards on the roof or something like that?" Bryan suggested. "If I had to guess, they disabled the elevator somehow, so they probably started making the catapult with the boards at around 11:00... That's when the elevator stopped working and we started hearing those noises."

"The elevator was not working at 22:30, as Miss Sawamatsu could not reach the roof then." Keri said. "And it could have been tampered with even earlier than that."

"I see. So this contraption wasn't something that had to be built, aside from stacking 3 together."

Koichi clutched his chin. "What is odd about this revelation is that this confirms Jerry's location on the lightning rod is intentional. Uh...is that strange?"

fella

"Ah..." Bryan nodded in response to Keri. "Well, the killer messed up the elevator controls some time during the night." He then tilted his head, lightly scratching his chin. "Maybe those noises weren't the boards being rolled on the roof, but maybe Jerry being launched? But then again, we heard them twice... And it's not like you can launch him twice."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"I see. So this contraption wasn't something that had to be built, aside from stacking 3 together."

Koichi clutched his chin. "What is odd about this revelation is that this confirms Jerry's location on the lightning rod is intentional. Uh...is that strange?"

"Is it strange that someone apparently used a couple ironing boards to somehow accurately launch a body a building's length away? No, not at all."

"How would they even pull all the handles at once?"

CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Yes, and there's only one reason I think someone would do that." Jack looked over at Bryan. "...to put the body in an inaccessible location, so we wouldn't be able to discover an important clue."

He rubbed his head awkwardly. "But there are still unsolved mysteries we might wanna clear up first...like the damn blood on the window."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Is it strange that someone apparently used a couple ironing boards to somehow accurately launch a body a building's length away? No, not at all."

"You are correct...it is quite strange."

Koichi slumped, unsure of how to take the recent revelation.

"Well, the culprit in question must have set this contraption up beforehand anyways."

"If this setup was used to launch Jerry, then the sound the cleanup crew heard must have been the contraption firing, and then all boards scattering and clattering to the floor. This would place our killer on the rooftop at the moment of the sound, correct? Since, y'know, he had to pull the levers."

Shy guy

DootDootDoot wrote:
"If this setup was used to launch Jerry, then the sound the cleanup crew heard must have been the contraption firing, and then all boards scattering and clattering to the floor. This would place our killer on the rooftop at the moment of the sound, correct? Since, y'know, he had to pull the levers."

"Perhaps the first time it was heard was the killer trying this bizarre contraption out?" Keri suggested. "To achieve this result first time strikes me as unlikely."

KamiPanda wrote:
DootDootDoot wrote:

"Perhaps the first time it was heard was the killer trying this bizarre contraption out?" Keri suggested. "To achieve this result first time strikes me as unlikely."

"That's likely." he nods. "That could be why Kyle scolded them: they must've almost hit the elevator's lamp while testing."

"Ugh! That old thing would probably only cost me a hundred bucks!"

"Now, I'm paying four times that!"

"Hey, so, thinking about it, what if the boards weren't standing upright, but on their sides? Maybe they were propped up on the pulley side of the elevator on the roof, legs against the wall and Jerry sitting against the boards themselves. Then when they pulled the handles, the boards would launch him forward to the other roof. Is there room up there to set something like that up?"

"... Just barely... Whatever."

"Sorry, I'm kind of lost on some details." Jack rubbed his temples. "Who was in the ballroom when the noise was heard? Raul, Bry Guy, Oscar, Tachi-san, and VAL? And Bry Guy was still in his outfit I'm guessing? Did he say anything?"

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"... Just barely... Whatever."

"Well, I suppose that settles it. Jerry was impaled in the lightning rod after being launched by a makeshift ironing board catapult."
He sighs, and shakes his head a few times.
"I can't believe I'm saying that with a straight face..."

"Wait something else is weird as fuck about this whole thing." Jack remembered. "Kyle said 'watch the lights', but there's only one light on the rooftop. So what gives?"

Jack thought a bit. "The killer wasn't necessarily on the rooftop, if they somehow fired the contraption from another room. Maybe it wasn't Bry Guy, and the killer's real goal was just to give themselves an alibi for when the catapult went off. Floor 42 would be my guess, that's the one with an open window. It was on the side opposite the tower FYI."

Last edited by JesusMonroe on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Well, I'm still not sure how all the boards were triggered at the same time, without knocking the killer off the building or messing up the aim," Urumi continued. "If there was something like a rope attached to all the handles, that might be different, but I don't know if there was anything like that available..."

"Another thing. If we're going by this theory, it makes literally no sense for their to be blood on the 38th floor window. Maybe it is ketchup to throw us off after all." Jack looked at James almost accusingly. "Nice suggestion."

"If you're next to the boards hitting the top switch flips them all..." Kyle grumbles.

"If you're further away it's a lot more difficult."

[put something witty here]

"It's all very strange. In my opinion, Jerry could only have been shot from the roof because we agreed the killer had to use the elevator to lug him around. So how would one get him into one of the hotel rooms unaided, if that wasn't the case?"

ASCEND

"Well, we at Sky Vista Cruises strive for 100% satisfaction in everything we do, so it is quite unfortunate to see that you all aren't 100% satisfied with this solution! Perhaps this is what you should focus on next!"

The screen shows Jerry's face again with a new topic on the right: Why was there blood on the outside of a window on Floor 38?

EDIT: ((Can't remember if I ever mentioned this in the thread so I'll say it again. The stains on the window were splatters of blood that seemed like they hit the window straight on.))
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Um..." Urumi scratched her cheek again. "If the blood on the window isn't fake, it'd still have to come from Jerry, right? He was the only one bleeding. So... oh! So maybe the killer really did trigger the boards from the open window on the 42nd floor! If they tied a rope or cord or whatever to the handles and pulled it, they'd be pulling the boards off the roof too, right? So the boards launched Jerry, got blood on them, then they swung down to the 38th floor and threw some of the blood on the window! It's about the same distance from the roof to Floor 42 as it is from Floor 42 to Floor 38, right? Then the killer would just reel the line in, untie the boards, and put them back!"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Um..." Urumi scratched her cheek again. "If the blood on the window isn't fake, it'd still have to come from Jerry, right? He was the only one bleeding. So... oh! So maybe the killer really did trigger the boards from the open window on the 42nd floor! If they tied a rope or cord or whatever to the handles and pulled it, they'd be pulling the boards off the roof too, right? So the boards launched Jerry, got blood on them, then they swung down to the 38th floor and threw some of the blood on the window! It's about the same distance from the roof to Floor 42 as it is from Floor 42 to Floor 38, right? Then the killer would just reel the line in, untie the boards, and put them back!"

"This would also explain how the killer avoided getting caught littering, and how we managed to later find the boards used. They must have tied them to the pulley."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"That totally makes perfect sense! There were only four people on the 42nd floor too, right? You, Circe, James, and Mitzi."

fella

"That makes sense, but... that couldn't have happened." Bryan stated, a frown on his face. "Because, well, it, uh... It was... me who opened the window on the 42nd floor. So unless the killer used that same window... yeah." He lightly sighs after confessing this.

"After being at the DJ stand for an hour, I went out through that window in the ballroom that had the balloon caught in it. After getting in there... I just sat down and thought mainly about my family. Keri probably heard me in there," he said as he gestured to Keri.

"I'd say I was there for about a half-hour before heading back to the party, but I didn't close the window behind me. So... yeah..." He looks down, cursing himself for sneaking out like that. "God, I'm a total cabrón..."

"Anyways, sorry for the confusion, everyone... I would've said that all earlier, but I was just... just scared that you'd all accuse me of being the killer if I said that earlier in the trial. I'm a dumbass, I know... You don't need to tell me that twice." He then looks over at James. "Especially you, Mr. Director. You've said it tons of times to all of us. We get your point already."

Happy Maria

Collin1002 wrote:
"That makes sense, but... that couldn't have happened." Bryan stated, a frown on his face. "Because, well, it, uh... It was... me who opened the window on the 42nd floor. So unless the killer used that same window... yeah." He lightly sighs after confessing this.

"After being at the DJ stand for an hour, I went out through that window in the ballroom that had the balloon caught in it. After getting in there... I just sat down and thought mainly about my family. Keri probably heard me in there," he said as he gestured to Keri.

"I'd say I was there for about a half-hour before heading back to the party, but I didn't close the window behind me. So... yeah..." He looks down, cursing himself for sneaking out like that. "God, I'm a total cabrón..."

"Anyways, sorry for the confusion, everyone... I would've said that all earlier, but I was just... just scared that you'd all accuse me of being the killer if I said that earlier in the trial. I'm a dumbass, I know... You don't need to tell me that twice." He then looks over at James. "Especially you, Mr. Director. You've said it tons of times to all of us. We get your point already."

"What's the point of stopping if you never listen?", James asked. "If you never learn from your idiotic mistakes, then I just have to teach you again."

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Oh huh." Jack's extremely dry eyes widened at Bryan. "So, that also means you were the large blur that Irene saw, right?"

fella

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Oh huh." Jack's extremely dry eyes widened at Bryan. "So, that also means you were the large blur that Irene saw, right?"

He shakes his head, simply ignoring James's response to him, though he does lightly roll his eyes. "I don't think so. I didn't fall while going to that room, and if I did, I'd probably get a cut on my hands if I tried to catch myself," he explained, holding the palms of his hands up as proof; they have no marks on them.

fella

"Actually, hold on..." Bryan put a hand to his chin, a thoughtful look on his face. "I was going pretty fast, though... and Irene saw me on the same side of the building I was climbing on, so maybe it was me... I dunno what else it could've been."

"Would you even be considered big enough to be a 'large' blur?" Alex asks. "I mean you're pretty big, but you're definitely not Jerry-sized..."

"Wait, the blur Irene saw was on the side of the building facing away from the skyscraper, wasn't it? So if you opened the Floor 42 window on that side, the killer wouldn't be able to use it anyway, at least not for triggering the ironing board contraption."

Collin1002 wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:

He shakes his head, simply ignoring James's response to him, though he does lightly roll his eyes. "I don't think so. I didn't fall while going to that room, and if I did, I'd probably get a cut on my hands if I tried to catch myself," he explained, holding the palms of his hands up as proof; they have no marks on them.

"Well in general your plan sounds extremely unnecessary, roundabout, deceptive, and suspicious. But I believe you for some reason, I guess."
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Wait, the blur Irene saw was on the side of the building facing away from the skyscraper, wasn't it? So if you opened the Floor 42 window on that side, the killer wouldn't be able to use it anyway, at least not for triggering the ironing board contraption."

"Oh yeah, I forgot the window was open on that side. Huh, and everything lined up so perfectly..."

fella

He shrugs at Alex's question. "Maybe... Again, I dunno what else it could've been," he answers before turning to Usumi, scratching his head. "Yep, it was on that side. And sorry for all the confusion, Jack..." he says, a slight frown on his face.

"Your apology is noted, and greatly appreciated. In that case, if Bryan was the blur, and the window could not be used in this operation, then where was he flung? From the rooftop?"

Happy Maria

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Your apology is noted, and greatly appreciated. In that case, if Bryan was the blur, and the window could not be used in this operation, then where was he flung? From the rooftop?"

"I believed that was the general conclusion. Why else would the killer have restricted access to the rooftop during that time?", James questioned, shaking his head.

"I mean..." Urumi pursed her lips. "Even if the killer didn't use that specific window, there's nothing saying they didn't close the one they DID use after they were done with it, is there?"

"I see no reason to leave it open if it was just used to finish up a rather convoluted murder plan. But even if the killer managed to set things up down there, follow things through as you all explained, what about the noises on the roof?" Oscar shoots a doubtful look. "Everyone who was in the ballroom can agree those noises came form above, so what was that about if it wasn't the true scene if the crime?"

"Wouldn't that be from the ironing boards launching Jerry and falling off the roof?" Urumi shrugged.

"Er, what I meant was how could the killer set the boards off twice in a row? They'd have to pull the cord once, reset the boards, then do it all again. Were they in the roof the first time, then somehow crawled into the hotel room to do it for real?"

"Well, um..." She twirled a lock of her hair. "Yeah, I guess that's how they'd have to do it, sure."

"...yes. Uh, verily so." He nods awkwardly. "...so, did they spider down with nothing to support them, or..."
Page 30 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus