Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 34 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 48  Next

Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Timeline B2)Topic%20Title

"What I've done? What that I'm a librarian, Sherrington?" Midge sneers. "I haven't done anything wrong in my life. I'm the victim of systemic global oppression. Anyway, Sherrington, I know all about you too. It's that you're kind of a pervert. Behold my omnipotence."

She chuckles and shrugs.

"Albert, don't you know that you're on a crash course with your own pathetic life if you kill me here? I carry your hopes on my shoulders as well as my own, you know. Unless you're completely apathetic to your own fate."

Adriana brought a finger to her chin. "I kind of thought he might be a pervert, too..."

Happy Maria

"Heh, sure", Albert sniggers. "So I wanted Teddy dead, big deal. Em killed him for me anyway. How's that make me a pervert? I just like seeing justice getting served, that's all. It's not like I want you to die either, Clara- you've done a lot of stuff for me. Like sending that package for me that one time. It's only because of that I'm even here! Remember that one time you used my machine for yourself? Well, technically it hasn't happened yet, but you know." He shrugs.

"But…let me clarify myself a bit. Even if I don't want you to die, they certainly do." He glances at Bradley and Violet. "You were saved only because Ghoulie and Care-Bear died. Imagine the scorn they feel towards you. And the only way they're even going to get cured is if they get a child vaccine- either you killing one of them or the other way around. Now, which sounds more preferable, eh? Vi's even got a gun with her. How nice. So if you die, I don't really care too much. Not like I could help it, you know?" He turns back to Midge, looking her in the eye.

"All I'm saying is that you choose your target carefully, before they choose you. I have my own agenda too, you know."

Last edited by Southern Corn on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gettin' Old!

(Bradley and Violet are not there?)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

(oh oops weird wording in that post but they probably still heard it so just pretend Albert didn't glance at them)

"I didn't know about you wanting to kill Teddy, kid. I called you a pervert because last time I saw you, you watched me in the shower. Anyway, Bradley and Violet are fine, like I said before, I am not afraid of getting shot."

Midge scans the room, locking eyes with Helios.

"Anyway, we should perhaps start discussing what we really came here for. Helios, did you know I would be here? And if so, who the hell told you?"

Her dry amusement gives away to something a little more sinister.

"Helios, when you won the election, it didn't bother me. But let's just say it's been decades since then and I learned a lot about who you are and what you're willing to do for power. Simply put, you're a monster."

ASCEND

"Wh-What?" Helios scratched his head nervously. "Look, lady...I don't even have a clue who you are. I've honestly never seen you before in my life. And what election? Last one I won was the race for the Senate, and that was only a few years ago. A-Are you sure you're okay?"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

"Heh. Haven't you realised it yet...President?" Albert smirks. "Clara here came to me one day. Wanted to use my little old device. I wasn't really planning to do so but she said something about using it to save the future or something. No idea what the hell she meant but I decided to let her use it. I don't personally approve of it, but what can I say? Clearly she's got an agenda against you. I can tell by that look in her eyes. It's the same I've had for these past few years."

He smirks, looking towards Midge. "Well, seems you made your choice, then, eh? This oughta be simple enough. Truth be told, Pres, you always were kind of a loser. Not gonna miss you too much. But then again, I could say that for all of you, you know?"

"Put simply, President Tesla, you won the 2032 election, and spent your many years as dictator making the lives of everyone except yourself very miserable," Midge says, slowly moving to interpose herself between Helios and the others.

"You saw the time machine. I'm here to kill you. I'm humanity's last hope."

“AAAAHHH!”

The scream came out of nowhere. The adults jumped in place.

“Was that-?”

“Violet.” Midge bit her lip. “Let’s go.” It seemed that despite the interesting conversation, it would have to wait.

They ran down the hall, following the source of the noise. Eventually, they reached the door of the bedroom.

The air suddenly felt heavier. Like it was difficult to breathe. Every step forward felt like they were just getting closer and closer to something truly insidious.

They took a breath and stepped forward again. Step by step.

The bedroom was empty. There was only one place to look then--the room behind the closet.

Spoiler:
The Nullification Game was hell, there was no question about it. It was a sick, twisted game beyond any normal imagination.

Yet some hell was without logic. Without reason. It tended to slap people right back to reality of the world they lived in.

Violet was inside the room. She was shaking, standing above a dead body.

...Einstein’s body.

Happy Maria

Albert simply laughs, unfazed by the gruesome, utterly tragic sight in front of him. "Is that it? The dog's dead? What the hell does that even accomplish?" He turns around, starting to exit the room. "Well, that was disappointing. Tell me when Pres over there dies."

hi

"I-I heard Einstein bark." Violet explained. "I went looking for him...a-and I just walked in here and found him like this."

"What the hell?! Who kills a dog!?"

Midge grits her teeth, holding back her tears. She holds the knife firmly but unthreateningly given the new situation.

"The rest of us were all together in the other room though for a little bit. Where's Bradley?"

ASCEND

"This is completely absurd," Helios said, clearly straining to keep his confident grin. "There was absolutely no point in killing the dog, so whoever did must simply be insane. At least if we're looking for complete nutjobs, they're in plentiful supply." Helios gestured at Albert and Midge.

"I mean, putting aside all the time travel nonsense, how the hell did I become a dictator? What happened to checks and balances?" Helios asked, "And why would I pull these supposedly monstrous acts I apparently did every weekday? Everything I do, I do for the well-being citizens of our country."

Helios shook his head and added, "Besides, you people have spent the whole time telling me how much of a loser I am, and now you're gonna change your story and claim I won the election? I don't know what tabloid you got this farce from, but I'm not buying it."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

"Of course you wouldn't, Pres. It hasn't happened yet, has it?", Albert says shortly, approaching the door. "And I have no interest in killing that mutt. I'm more of a Bear-hunter myself."

Midge scoffs at Helios, "Really, Einstein's not even cold yet, and you're going on about how innocent you are? What happened to checks and balances? Blight-Y was let loose on the world, destabilizing our democracy, and you took advantage. You win the election because you do, things are fickle like that. Then you made a legion of meat zombies, or homunculi, or Ghosts, or whatever."

Midge investigates the crime scene for clues.

ASCEND

"So you're planning to kill me for crimes I haven't even committed, which for all any of us can tell are completely made up," Helios said, letting out a scoff. "Well, I doubt there's anything I can do to stop you, but you could at least do the sensible people a favor and stop acting like a brave team of selfless heroes."

Happy Maria

"Oh, I'm not working with her, Pres", Albert scoffs. "I just let her use my machinations for her own thing. You know Clara about as well as I do- pretty determined lass, I'll say. But I have my own agenda, which is mostly sorted out for now. Just hope you stay alive long enough to get through this."

"Helios, I'm not killing you for crimes you haven't committed, I'm saying if I'm going to save someone's life, I should at least do the world a favor and let it be someone who isn't going to make the world their personal playground! Nobody else here is a threat to humanity like that, at least not that I know of."

Midge curls her other hand into a fist, her face is flush with anger.

"So if there are people whispering into your ear about the process for world domination, I want to hear it. I'm not just talking about Adriana, I'm thinking about SkyTech or whatever. Big powerful shady organizations which want to sculpt the world by putting you in charge. Do you know who the hell the Leader is?!"

Emma stared at the scene before her, not paying attention to the conversation going on between the others. "We were all together in another room, and Violet heard Einstein before coming here..." She mutters to herself, before turning to the others. "Could whoever did this have been trying to draw all our attention here, so they could try something...? We should be careful."
Signature loading, please wait...

ASCEND

"No, I'm afraid I don't know of any people like that," Helios said in exasperation. "As far as know, no one's trying to establish a dictatorship in the world's most powerful democracy, and if they were, I doubt they'd be working with the guy everyone says is losing."

He sighed and added, "But sure, let's focus on the dog's death. If someone pulled this as a distraction, it seems like it could only be Bradley, because everyone else is here... But I doubt don't know what he'd be trying to accomplish, and I don't see him doing this anyway."

"You're right Emma, we should watch our backs. We're probably in a lot of danger if Einstein was powerless to defend himself," Midge says, cautiously peering around.

"Anyway, we need to figure out what the hell happened here. And when we do, there's going to be justice to pay."

"I don't think we should stay here, if I'm right about what Einstein's killer was trying to accomplish, but maybe looking around here will give us some clues..." She grimaced as she looked at Einsteins' body, trying to see if there was anything she could find out about how he had died.
Signature loading, please wait...

"Well... I think I'm beginning to get a pretty clear picture of what happened here," Midge says scornfully. "Where the hell is that monster..."

Midge turns with a dry expression and walks right out the door, vanishing into the rest of the facility.

Einstein's cause of death isn't immediately apparent. He doesn't appear to have broken bones or external injuries.

“I might have an idea.” Emma pointed a finger in the air. “Follow me.”

The people remaining in the room (Helios, Adriana, and Violet) looked at each other questioningly before going after her. Eventually they ended up in the Biolab.

“Thought so.” Emma pulled out something from one of the cabinets. Tranquilizers. “The seal is broken, see?”

“Couldn’t it have already been broken?” Helios asked.

“Not when we checked.” Emma confirmed. “Those were used to kill Einstein. So, the crime was very deliberate.”

“B-But...why would someone do that?” Violet frowned.

Augh!” Helios screamed. It appeared Midge had been waiting in the room, behind the door. Wielding a knife in her hand, she leapt at Helios but only managed to slice a large gash in his arm.

Quickly, Adriana acted. She grabbed Midge’s arm and tried to restrain her, but Midge fought back. She easily overpowered Adriana and pushed her against the wall.

“Stop it!” Violet yelled frantically, not knowing what to do.

Helios went for the supply tray immediately, reaching for any sharp object he could find. Before he could grab hold of one, Midge tackled him to the ground and just sent the objects to the floor. She put a knife to Helios’ throat, preparing to cut him.

“Stop!” Adriana ordered.

Midge was ready to cut, but decided to turn her head towards Adriana for a moment. She had picked up one of the scalpels, and was now holding Emma tight in a headlock. The scalpel was right against Emma’s throat.

Quickly, Midge repositioned herself, restraining Helios and holding the knife to his throat.

“Let her go.” Midge growled.

“I’m not going to let you kill him.” Adriana spit the words out. “If he dies, she dies. And I know that’s the last thing you want.”

“...you’re bluffing.” Midge bit her lip. “You’re not going to do it.”

“I will.” If Adriana was lying about her conviction, she did a good job of it.

[You can talk during the hostage situation, but both Adriana and Midge have a decision to make.

If Adriana and Midge both cooperate the hostages live.

If Adriana cooperates and Midge betrays, Helios dies. If the reverse happens, Emma dies.

If both of them betray, both hostages die.]

"Let go of Emma, what the hell?! She's innocent! She's the sweetest woman you'll ever meet! She means everything to me!" Midge howls, her forehead running with cold sweat and her pupils dialated.

"I wanna get you out of here, Adriana! Don't kill Emma, were gonna need her if we wanna stop the Blight-Y pandemic!"

"S-seriously! What about the future?!" Her mouth twitches, like a snarling dog.

"Th-this isn't... the position I want to be in, either..." Adriana tried to sound cool, but her face betrayed how frayed she had become. "But there's no future I can't reject if Helios dies. Emma... you're probably right-- she doesn't deserve this, and I don't want to do anything worse than I've already done, but so help me..."

She pressed Emma's helpless form to her more tightly. "Do not test me on this. Think of Emma, Midge. They either both live, or they both die. You started this, but it doesn't have to be... just put down the knife."

[Also it doesn’t have to be private individual choices, you can work something else out like someone taking the initiative]

"There's no future. We're damned. I went all the way back here for the sake of her and it's worthless. And the world's not going to make it out of this either."

Midge clutches Helios hard and then kicks him and takes the knife away from his neck. Her face looks like she's on the verge of crying, her lips are trembling, her eyes are red.

"Alright, just, don't hurt her. Just... please don't hurt her. You're lucky my heart still feels anything at this point, and I'm very close to the point where it will never feel anything again."

Adriana's face was hard to read. After what seemed like a long moment, she took the scalpel away from Emma's neck and raised her hands into a nonthreatening position, allowing her hostage freedom of movement.

"I don't have the barest wisp of an idea of what you mean, but I'm... relieved... that you can be reasoned with." said Adriana warily. "You've got your thing, and I've got mine. In that, and in that alone, I think we understand each other."

Midge rushes over and wraps her arms tightly around Emma, her breathing staggered.

"I've fought in a war, a whole lot of battles, over that time, I let go. Dreams decayed and were lost to time. Every time I thought it couldn't get worse, it got a whole lot worse. I've had to kill my friends and burn their bodies. Sometimes my friends tried to kill me. Sometimes, well sometimes they were never friends to begin with," she says in a raspy voice.

"At this point, I've had to let go of everything. I watched Emma die in my arms during the outbreak of Blight-Y. I watched the world turn into a war-torn wasteland. I watched hordes of homunculi tear the remainder of humanity apart."

"But I'm still holding onto a small hope that maybe I can find a future where Emma and I can be together. I just... that's all I want. Helios can kill everyone else for all I care, that's fine, as long as me and her are given our chance."

Midge lifts one arm in a shrug, biting her lip.

"Adriana, I don't remember what happens to you. I can't say you're around much after the election."

ASCEND

Helios stumbled away from Midge, his breathing ragged, and collapsed against onto one of the desks. Eventually, he turned himself around and rested with his back against the table, staring warily at the others in the room.

Eventually, he mumbled, "Uhh...Good work, Adriana... I think you could, uhh, use a raise for that..."

He looked aimlessly around the biolab for a few seconds. "...Why did we come here again?"

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Adriana, I don't remember what happens to you. I can't say you're around much after the election."

"You don't... remember?" asked Adriana, confused. "First off, thanks for your service-- we've got a plan for veteran's health care. Secondly, this is my first national election-- and (I don't mean to be immodest) I think I'm more memorable now than I've ever been before."

Ungrateful Helios wrote:
Eventually, he mumbled, "Uhh...Good work, Adriana... I think you could, uhh, use a raise for that..."

"I didn't do it for the money." Adriana said flatly. "If that's what mattered to me, I'd be on the other side."

hi

Violet breathed a sigh of relief. "That's...that's good. But Helios is right: why did we come in here?"

"We figured out that someone killed Einstein for real, and that they're still breathing," Midge squeezes Emma, trying to compose herself.

"The tranquilizers in here were used on him. Maybe he was a witness in some other crime or something."

She shakes her head at Adriana, "Oh like your plans for Veterans' Care matter. Eight in nine people die. There's no support for social programs. And yeah, I guess you should treasure this election, since it's the last one before democracy collapses."

"Anyway, I'm saying that I don't remember what happens to you is because I'm saying even if you get out of here, you probably die."

There was a bit of an awkward silence after that. Eventually, Midge stood up and grabbed Emma’s arm.

“Come with me. Ok?”

Emma didn’t really argue, but Midge didn’t give her much time to respond anyway before dragging her though the door.

“H-Hey, you can’t-!” Violet stopped talking. She glanced between the door Midge and Emma went through and where Adriana and Helios were standing. Then she ran through the door.

Spoiler:
“Ah, Clara. Nice to see you.” Albert smiled. He was standing outside the door to the garbage room.

“We’re looking for Bradley.” Midge muttered. She eyed the area suspiciously.

“He’s in there.” Albert thumbed at the door. “But it seems he barricaded the door.”

Midge walked over and rapped her fist against it. “Bradley, open up!”

“NO!” His voice was clear on the other side.

Albert sighed. “We don’t have time for this.” Quickly, he grabbed Violet by the shoulder.

“Ah! Let go of-“

Albert quickly covered her mouth with his palm.

“W-What are you doing?!” Bradley shouted from the other side.

Bratley, if you don’t open the door, I’ll hurt her.” Albert didn’t laugh. He stared at the door with dead eyes. “I’m serious.”

“M-Miss Midge, you can’t let him-“

Albert winked at Midge. “Maybe I’ll cut out her tongue first.”

Violet screamed through the muffled hand. It seemed that was all the provocation necessary, as Bradley could be heard shuffling the rubble from the other side.

Spoiler:
When they found themselves inside, Bradley had already huddled himself inside the forklift. He seemed ready to use it, though it was clear he wasn’t really an expert anyway.

Albert let Violet go, and she quickly ran over to where Bradley was.

“What are these…?” Emma went over to two piles of garbage near Teddy and Ghost. It appeared Bradley built cairns for them.

“You know, we don’t like it when suspicious murderers split off from the group.” Helios announced his entrance as he walked in with Adriana. It appeared everyone was together once again.

“What now?” Adriana asked. She glanced warily at Midge, aware of her trial already starting.

“We can find the ‘7’ key, maybe.” Helios said, examining Ghost and Teddy’s bodies.

“What if it was Teddy’s trial?” Emma asked.

“Shouldn’t matter. All we need to start them is his bracelet.” Helios nodded. “Ghost’s bracelet is broken, though.”

“Alright…” Adriana sighed. “I can’t even begin to guess where the ‘7’ key could be though.”

Everyone looked at each other. Midge was clearly still thinking of some move to make, and Bradley and Violet were clearly not in the most cooperative state. What was the plan now?

Gettin' Old!

Bradley quickly beckoned Violet to hop into the forklift with him for safety. "Violet! Are you ok?" he asked glad to see she hadn't been harmed.

Returning his attention to the others he revved the forklift's engine in warning and raised the forks slightly "I set up in here once I heard about Miss Midge's trial. You...you are all such vicious people...threatening children. You...you just stay over there or leave and everything will be fine!" he warned them.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

hi

"Yeah, I'm fine." Violet climbed inside the forklift alongside Bradley. She looked back at Albert, giving him a harsh glare. "You...all of you...you're just in this for yourselves! You don't think about how we feel! First Emma killing Teddy and Ghost...then Adriana and Midge threatening each other...plus whoever killed Einstein...and Albert trying to kill me! Aren't we supposed to trust each other?!"

Gettin' Old!

Bradley started, eyes wide as he turned to look at Violet.

"Einstein's dead? N-no...who would do such a thing?!" He asked in disbelief as tears and anger once more took a hold of Bradley.

"Which one of you killed Einstein?!" He demanded, revving the forklift once more.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 34 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 48  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus