Page 5 of 78[ 3102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 78  Next

Re: Danganronpa F8: The Machine - PrologueTopic%20Title

Remember us.

WinterCoat wrote:
"Everything dies...."

"Well...you're not wrong."

"... What happens to AI after they're destroyed...?" Hubert gazed into the abyss.

Sock

DootDootDoot wrote:
"... What happens to AI after they're destroyed...?" Hubert gazed into the abyss.

Rover’s mask stared back.

“They die.”

The American Dream

"Do androids and robots... do they dream of electric sheep?"

BEECH

"Huh?? Are AI really alive in the first place? Can they really die? They DEFINITELY cannot sleep, right? I'm sure this... Val thing can be restored to an extent, as horrible as it is."

"Don't worry about it," Florsy reassured. "It's just a machine programmed to act like it has a human personality. Why it's no different from a printer or a coffee machine."

BEECH

"Ha, I guess you're right. I don't really get why anyone would want a printer with a personality if I'm being honest."

ASCEND

“I didn’t really care much for that box doohickey anyway. All it did was bumble around and talk a load of hooey. I sure ain’t planning on taking any more tests here. Most of the time they’re rigged against honest folk like me anyway.”

“What are we even still doing here?” Zarmilla asked, “Is that Val fella even coming anymore? Why don’t we all just go down to the deck for a round of shuffleboard or something. Seems more fun that sitting around like a patcha pumpkins.”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Planetbox wrote:
“What are we even still doing here?” Zarmilla asked, “Is that Val fella even coming anymore? Why don’t we all just go down to the deck for a round of shuffleboard or something. Seems more fun that sitting around like a patcha pumpkins.”

"Sure, I'd love to come along," Florsy winks at Zarmilla. "But I'm a little trapped here."

She rattles her chains.

"If you could get these off me, we can have a wonderful time together."

Florsy looks back at all the other criminals.

"And I'm not dangerous, do not worry. If you don't want my plants, I won't force them on you."

Just another day.

Domanic had suprisingly been noding off through the whole set of events finally came to.

"ehh...uhh where am I? ow right ship waiting for..." Domanic noticed the black box on the floor.

Domanic scratched his head.
"I miss something? seems so seeing how yall are reacting."

Happy Maria

BOOM!

With a rattling explosion, everyone on the boat is knocked to their knees. What happened just now? Did the boat run into something horrific?

"Oh, god! What the hell! That thing was huge!"

Everyone looks to see where the indignant shouting is coming from. There's a speaker on the wall, apparently, which is the source of the voice.

"Who the heck is that? What happened?" Zayne asks.

"...Oh, right. You guys can hear me, huh?" The voice sounds somewhat calmer but still has a nervous tone to it.

"Who are we speaking to, exactly?", asks Lou, eyebrow raised.

"...I guess I should introduce myself first. Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. I'm afraid I... have some unfortunate news for you all."

"What was that explosion all about?! You doin' your job okay there, cap'n?" Zarmilla asked worriedly.

"Uhh, yeah, about that... the ship just had a run-in with an iceberg. A large one."

"A what?!" The passengers look worried at this revelation. Concerned murmuring ensues.

"How the hell did you miss such a thing, you ignoramus?!" Lilith screams.

"I didn't see it, okay?!" An angry shout comes back. "It was just suddenly on the horizon and there wasn't any time to turn away and- never mind that! The important thing is, this ship is about to sink now! We're all going down!"

The situation in the room turns to chaos now. The rich people run towards the door and start pushing, but it doesn't budge no matter how hard they try. The prisoners try to break free of their restraints, but they're too strong to escape from. The captain is offering very little, freaking out just as much as the others. Everyone starts rummaging through the room, desperate to find some way to escape. They find only a box in which a set of 9 keys.

"Nine keys? Where could these possibly go?" Axel wonders.

"Those look like... the keys to our restraints." Myles' eyes widen. "Could they really be-"

"Alright! You must free us this instant!" Dante shouts.

"Er... do we really want to do that?" Hubert pales. "The last thing we need now is a bunch of murderers running amok-"

"Oh come on", Florsythia sighs. "Is this really the time for this? Our lives are at stake!"

Cake nods. "Normally I'm not against bein' in these, but... now's a bit different, yeah?"

"Well, I guess they do have a point?" Vera looks at the other rich people. "Should we free them now? Maybe they could help us escape, right?"

Sock

"Thirty eight hands are better than twenty." Rover calmly says. "C'mon, we don't got a lot of time to debate this. We can keep our cool."

"...Some of us, anyways. Doesn't matter. Get these damn chains off of me. Please."

"Oh no," Florsy moans. "This wasn't part of the sentence. Please, most of us aren't even on death row."

Her eye briefly flicker to the murderer before continuing.

"Please don't leave us for dead. That's like murdering us. I'm sure none of you want to do that."

"And I'm only in here for minor offenses. I'm not even supposed to be in jail for longer than two years."

BEECH

"This has to be the absolute worst day of my life." Dante muttered to himself.

"I can't stress enough how MESSED UP leaving us CHAINED UP TO A SINKING SHIP while having the ability to save our lives is. I'm pretty sure that's illegal or something, right? So, uh, maybe DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS??" He exclaimed, rattling the chains a little for emphasis.

Sleeping is my life.

"Fuck! This isn't what I was expecting the vacation to go!" Axel yells as he punched a nearby wall with a fist. "Dammit! Val didn't think this whole shit through!"

He paces around the room for a brief moment. Then he turns to look at the prisoners.

"The only option that we can do right now... Is to free those bastards. There isn't any other options present right now." Axel grimaces as he bit his lip. "As much as I don't want to do this... We have to help them out. It'd be faster if 9 of us can unlocks the prisoners' restraints."

A shrill high-pitched scream broke through the sea of panicked voices. Preston flung himself to the nearest wall, banging against the surface to no avail.

“I CAN'T DROWN!! I'M TOO BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED AND VALUABLE TO THE WORLD!!” He sobs dramatically, draping himself over the door that remained tightly locked shut.

“And I absolutely REFUSE to die with a bunch of convicted FELONS running amok,” he says, interrupting his obnoxious performance with a sudden serious tone. He then goes back to pressing himself against the wall and wailing at the top of his lungs.

fella

"How do you even miss an iceberg...?" Myles wondered aloud, as if that were the most important thing right now.

"Ugh, dammit. Yeah, the soccer captain has a point -- if nine of you come unlock us, we can figure a way out of this mess. Figure it's better to put more heads together. And if any of you think that we're going to hurt you, don't. We're not. We have quite literally no reason to, especially now. ... Well, I can't speak for the others, but if I wanted to hurt anyone, I'd make it clear by now. ... Just get the damn cuffs off so we can figure a way out of this."

Just another day.

"So this went from zero to a hundred real quick, you know val when i went and said Id love to see something that gets my blood pumping, this aint exactly what I had im mind."

Domanic slowly went over and tapped the door.
"Solid as hell, guess we really will have to bail there asses out."

Domanic began to move towards the box with a key, grab one and move toward the area the prisoners.
"you lot want out? It dont take a genius to see were all in some shit if we dont get out, and im sure even you prisoners aint dumb enough to just blindly attack us while were headed for a potential grave under the sea."

BEECH

Seraph wrote:
A shrill high-pitched scream broke through the sea of panicked voices. Preston flung himself to the nearest wall, banging against the surface to no avail.

“I CAN'T DROWN!! I'M TOO BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED AND VALUABLE TO THE WORLD!!” He sobs dramatically, draping himself over the door that remained tightly locked shut.

“And I absolutely REFUSE to die with a bunch of convicted FELONS running amok,” he says, interrupting his obnoxious performance with a sudden serious tone. He then goes back to pressing himself against the wall and wailing at the top of his lungs.

Dante stared at Preston's sudden pathetic display with great amusement.

"Oh my god.... PFF-" He then proceeded to start cackling, ignoring the fact that he also was in danger of dying for at least a minute.

Sleeping is my life.

Axel runs over to the box and takes one of the keys, before he looks toward the other people in his group.

"C'mon, guys! We can't waste any time, especially since we're heading towards a watery grave!" The soccer captain yelled, reminding them of the dire situation that they have gotten involved in. "If we want to live, it's best that we help these bastards out!"

Having made his point clear to the others, Axel runs over to the prisoners to help with freeing them.

Upon hearing Dante’s laughter, Preston whips around to face him with a glare.

“You think this is funny?” He growls. Angrily his eyes dart around the room, landing on the keys. Stomping over, he snatches one and holds it up by his face.

“You think this is soooo funny, don't you?” Preston repeats, dangling the key just out of Dante’s reach. “Let’s see how funny it is when you remain chained up and drown.”

"This guy wants to murder nine people, he's worse than all of us combined. Why isn't he in jail instead..."

Florsy clears her throat, and acts like she didn't just say that.

"But Preston, how does leaving us to die make you any better than us? Not all of us are murderers, we really don't deserve to die."

BEECH

Seraph wrote:
Upon hearing Dante’s laughter, Preston whips around to face him with a glare.

“You think this is funny?” He growls. Angrily his eyes dart around the room, landing on the keys. Stomping over, he snatches one and holds it up by his face.

“You think this is soooo funny, don't you?” Preston repeats, dangling the key just out of Dante’s reach. “Let’s see how funny it is when you remain chained up and drown.”

Dante stopped laughing. He seemed genuinely concerned for one second, before going back to his usual annoyed look. He rolled his eyes as if he were a moody teen and shook his head before speaking.

"Of course this is a serious situation, your little pathetic act is what made me laugh. Anyway, how do you even know which key is for which lock? And, if the key doesn't matter, there are nine of them anyway, right?" He seemed really pleased with his logic, even though he had no actual idea of how the keys really work.

Preston pauses, pondering Florsy’s reasoning and Dante’s bizarre logic. As much as he wanted to continue toying with him, he really didn't want to be considered a murderer...

“...Fine.” He says finally, turning his head slightly. “It’s not worth it to tarnish my squeaky clean reputation because of some dirty rat.”

Closer to Dante now, Preston crouches, using the key to unlock his chains. Or at least, attempting to—it seemed like he was somehow struggling to use the key.

BEECH

Upon seeing Preston change his mind about the key, he grinned triumphantly despite having been called a dirty rat.

.....and then, after at least five minutes of the fashion designer attempting to release the lock, he realized what was happening.

"Hey... you've got to be kidding me right now. YOU CAN'T EVEN USE A FUCKING KEY????? " He let out an exasperated sigh.

"Ok. Ok. Maybe it's just the wrong key, right? A-are the keys any different?"

Just another day.

NIKI_4829 wrote:
"Anyway, how do you even know which key is for which lock? And, if the key doesn't matter, there are nine of them anyway, right?" He seemed really pleased with his logic, even though he had no actual idea of how the keys really work.

"Good ol fashion trial and error, and if none of um work well, least we can say we tried, guess we could always go another route and cut your hand off, sure might suck to lose it but better that that then dead right?"

BEECH

There was a look of genuine shock and terror on Dante's face after hearing what was just said.

"NO. NONONONO. ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT. I'D RATHER DIE THAN LIVE WITHOUT MY PRECIOUS HANDS, YA HEAR?!?!?!??!"

After regaining some of his composure, he cleared his throat. "Uh... so I hope the keys actually work." He then continued to awkwardly stare at Preston still trying to use the key, now with the added worry of losing his hand.

"Hahaha! This is great!" Griffin laughed, taking out his camera and pointing it at the chaos.

"Griffin Fox here, back with another exciting update! It appears that our ship has hit a large iceberg, and we are on our way down! Huh! Who would have thought that a Titantic-esque accident could happen in our day and age. There has to be some scandal behind that, don't you think?"

Griffin waved his camera at the people freaking out. "All shame and dignity has flown out the window! That's a life-and-death situation, for ya. But there's still more to this..! I can feel it!"

Griffin shut off his camera.

"Alright, you fat cats, now isn't the time to be worrying about any potential serial killers! Gimme one of the keys, I'll help set these rugrats free."

Florsy smiles for the camera as it crosses her way, trying her best to keep her shackles out of frame. Once it passes, she goes back to the conversation.

"Thank you Preston, you're not as bad as I thought after all."

She nods in approval his way, the struggle for keys aside.

"I have something to help with major injuries. So long as you reattach them immediately, I can help ease the pain as they slowly heal... but let's not resort to that if we can."

Just another day.

NIKI_4829 wrote:
There was a look of genuine shock and terror on Dante's face after hearing what was just said.

"NO. NONONONO. ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT. I'D RATHER DIE THAN LIVE WITHOUT MY PRECIOUS HANDS, YA HEAR?!?!?!??!"

After regaining some of his composure, he cleared his throat. "Uh... so I hope the keys actually work." He then continued to awkwardly stare at Preston still trying to use the key, now with the added worry of losing his hand.

Domanic sighed.
"Non of you young folk got guts nowadays, back in my day they'd have gnawed there own arm off of that's what it took...those were the days...those were the days. hell you lot are lucky, you lose an arm and you can get a robotic one with more features then a real limb, we were lucky if we got a fake wooden hand."

Domanic continued reminiscing while trying to open one of the locks.

Shy guy

After running around for a bit with the others, looking for a way out, Zayne tugged at his stuffy clothes in exasperation. They clearly weren't made for moving about in. He quickly rolled up his sleeves and trouser legs, undid the shirt collar and pulled off his glasses, which he thoughtlessly tossed aside. For some reason he was wearing a dog collar around his neck, only now visible. "Phew, that's better!" he said, giving the main door one last kick. "Darn it, if only I'd brought some of my hoboductile acid with me, that woulda burned right through the lock..."

He turned to look at the chained prisoners in concern. "Yeah, let's get you guys out of there!" he exclaimed, not in the slightest worried about any potential moral dilemma. He hurried to join the others already getting started with some locks.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Vera pats off her clothes, spending some time to make sure they're alright. Once that's done, she raises a finger. "Think about it like this! We have a prince with a sword, a gunslinger with what's probably a real gun, and..."

She looks to Zayne. "And him. We can just free most of them, but not the ones with the really bad crimes, and get out of here. How's that sound?"

Shy guy

"But some of the people who did really bad things aren't even chained up!" Zayne protested, pointing at Carmilla.

KamiPanda wrote:
"But some of the people who did really bad things aren't even chained up!" Zayne protested, pointing at Carmilla.

"Because the one that's chained up is lying! She has no reason to steal someone's identity, so why would she?" Vera responds.

The American Dream

“Hey, you can’t just not free all of us...” Lilith mumbled. “That’s fucked up...”

WinterCoat wrote:
“Hey, you can’t just not free all of us...” Lilith mumbled. “That’s fucked up...”

"How? Pretty pragmatic if you ask me. I certainly don't wanna free a convicted murderer." Vera says, "Would you?"

The American Dream

Datamatt wrote:
WinterCoat wrote:

"How? Pretty pragmatic if you ask me. I certainly don't wanna free a convicted murderer." Vera says, "Would you?"

“But I didn’t do anything... how do you know your rich... your rich buddies haven’t done shady shit? I’m sure the vice president has enough secrets to fill a book...”

WinterCoat wrote:
Datamatt wrote:
WinterCoat wrote:

“But I didn’t do anything... how do you know your rich... your rich buddies haven’t done shady shit? I’m sure the vice president has enough secrets to fill a book...”

"If you didn't do anything, why are you in chains? And if we committed a crime, why aren't we in chains?" Vera comments, "I mean, what did you actually even do? As long as you're not a murderer or something, I don't have many problems with freeing you. Unless you're hiding something, you shouldn't have a problem with it either. Right? Right?"

The American Dream

“The guilty walk free while the innocent are punished... it’s probably what they taught Hammond in law school. I’m in chains because the system... it favors the words of liars who fake evidence and testimony over the Truth. If any of you did something fucked up, you could just make the problem disappear with a transaction...”

Shy guy

"Maybe we could talk about this after we've gotten everyone to safety?" Zayne suggested. "I have no idea who's bad and who's good here! And we don't really have the time to find out."
Page 5 of 78 [ 3102 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 78  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus