Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 56 of 98[ 3882 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 98  Next

Re: Danganronpa F3: Risk vs. Reward - Chapter 3 Daily LifeTopic%20Title

Spoiler: Special Event
“Alright this is just getting strange…” Silas mumbled, looking at Audrey. It had grown to about the size of a puppy.

“It must be the fertilizer.” Sachiko thought. “Well, I’ll take some credit too. I’m taking great care of her.”

“Say what you want, plants shouldn’t grow this quickly...or eat actual food.”

Silas decided to leave. As he got into the hall, he heard a clicking sound. Kagayaki had a satisfied smile on her face.

“The billiards room is now open."

“Did someone say billiards?!” Casey burst into the area. “Kagayaki, you’re fucking awesome! I could kiss you!” She pushed past her and ran into the room.

“I’m gonna check this out.” Silas said, leaving Kagayaki behind.

The billiards room was, well about what you’d expect. It had a pool table in the middle of it with some cues and chalk of various sizes along the wall. The key to the room was on the table.

“Ah, so you finally got the place open.” Dale had just walked in.

Casey cracked her knuckles. “Yup! Come on, Silas! We’re playing!”

“Sure.” He said. “I won’t measure up to an Ultimate at it, but I have more than enough experience with the game.”

The two got their cues out and began to play. The game was surprisingly close. It would’ve been more fun but...there was an intense anxiety in the air. Every second they wasted, even just playing pool, were days of their life gone in the outside world.

“Silas, you’re supposed to be hitting solids.” Dale reminded as Silas scored for Casey.

“Huh? Oh sorry, it really has been a while.” He rubbed his head awkwardly. The game continued.

“Ah hell yeah!” Silas shouted as he hit his last ball in. “I actually won!”

“Gah!” Casey shouted at the ceiling. “*sniff* It’s not fair. I was totally out of practice.”

“Oh come on now, I beat you fair and square. Neither of us have practiced in a while.”

“Hey, it takes me a while to find my groove.” Casey pouted. “Rack ‘em up again, we’re doing another round.”

The two played another match, this time Casey barely edging out a victory.

“Ah yeah! The king is back!”

“Let me play.” Dale told Silas.

“You sure?”

“Yeah, I’ve spent enough time in bars doing this. I know I’m better than you at least, and what better time to challenge an Ultimate than when she’s rusty?”

“You’re on!” Casey grinned at the challenge. “You two wanna make it interesting?”

“Huh? Sure, I’ll bet on Dale.” Silas nodded.

“Alright. If I win, Silas has to do my chores here for a week. Dale, you have to do what I say. If I lose, it’s the reverse for both of you. Got it?”

“Done.” Dale seemed to be getting excited.

“Sure. I’m sick of cleaning that kitchen anyway.”

The match began. From the beginning, Casey set the pace. Strangely enough, she didn’t play at the level of an Ultimate Pool Player. Nothing she did was crazy. Everything was just fundamentally strong, and while Dale was good, it was clear from the beginning that the match had ended before it started.

“Victory!” Casey shouted as she knocked in the last ball.

“...you totally hustled us.” Dale didn’t seem to upset, just surprised.

Casey looked at the ground. “Ah well….ah shucks, I didn’t want to tell you guys from the beginning cause I wanted a good first impression. But we’re all friends here now.”

“Huh?”

“Casey Windsor, nice to meetcha.”

Casey Windsor
Ultimate Pool Shark

Shy guy

"Huh. You really got me." Dale said, actually smiling despite the situation. "That sure brings me back, me and my friends used to mess with each other all the time. Though, uh... I can't entirely agree to the terms you set. One week for Silas? We're gonna be out of here long before then."

He remained still for a few moments, save for a single finger tapping against his crossed arms. They didn't have time to waste, but... "I'm gonna be coming back for a rematch, count on it." He suddenly announced, cracking his knuckles. "I won't accept defeat so easily!"

No other way than to make this mistake.

Lyla seems to have just woken up as she's called into the dining room by Shirly. Her hair is not tied up and obviously quite messy.

After Shirly is done speaking, she rubs her eyes and speaks in a tired fashion. "... You mean your name isn't Shirly? Shirly that can't be right..."

She waits a few seconds. "... Sorry, I had to. I mean... I'm too tired to make coincise sentences... but, all I can say is, at least you're welcome here, uhm..." She pauses. "Sorry, I can't pronounce your name yet, so I'll just call you Shirly for now. Though you shouldn't lose your hope, I'm sure your family hasn't forgotten you. I'll get some coffee or tea later, I think... I hope."

Lyla then turns to the direction that leads to the billiard room. "I'll go check out the billiards room now. See you later." After saying so, she heads down to the billiard room.

"Th-thanks Lyla. Yes, I have gotten quite used to "Shirly" now. Although, it is quite nice to hear your real name used... I guess, Shirly it's time I start being nice to everyone."

Claudius's face lit up with excitement. "Does this mean you're secretly a shark mermaid Casey?! One that attacks people in pools, but still!"

ASCEND

Anissa, who sits in the cafeteria somehow looking more dead inside than usual, sorta glances in Shirly's general direction, not seeming to be paying that much attention.

Eventually, she mumbles, "W- Well, as long as that means you w- won't draw any more c- creepy pictures..." She trails off and starts rubbing her forehead, wincing in pain.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Vinny_Valens wrote:
Claudius's face lit up with excitement. "Does this mean you're secretly a shark mermaid Casey?! One that attacks people in pools, but still!"

"Well... y'know, I never got checked for that. I'm pretty good at sniffing out prey around the table."

KamiPanda wrote:
"I won't accept defeat so easily!"

"Oh? Well I'll do my training too. It's been a while, y'know. I'm pretty rusty."

Casey laughs.

"Also, Shirly. Thanks for telling us that, man. I only got you guys on the outside too, and when we escape it won't be no issue to look after you if you need me to. I lived off the street before, and you're family."

"Thanks for your understanding everyone," says Shirly/Svetlana.

Planetbox wrote:
W- Well, as long as that means you w- won't draw any more c- creepy pictures..."

Shirly quickly goes off and takes down a drawing she'd left on the coffee maker.

"Also, sweetlama lieinarock, I'm not good at emotional stuff, but I welcome you as an ally. Just keep milk away from me..." Claudius shivered.

"W-What..? So I'm just supposed to forgive ya after some backstory dump..? And we're just gonna forgive her, huh..?"

Akio defiantly turned away from Shirly and crossed his arms. "Hmph..! Well I'm not that easy..! You have to try harder than that! You don't even know why I'm mad, do you..?"

[put something witty here]

Molly takes a few dainty sips at her coffee, eying the barista warily throughout the speech. The bit about family is what catches her attention.

"...right, that's only fair," she notes quietly. "You're... you're getting used to this so easily. Nobody outside would remember you, even with such a big name and title like yours? N-no triumphant return or anything?"

"What is that it?! Is that all the challengers I'm getting? You gotta be kidding me! Dammit..."

Casey lays her cue on the table and sighs.

Casey hears what Molly and Akio have to say and shakes her head.

"What the hell, nerds! She's doing the right thing! If you want us to live through this, you should be happy she's saying that!"

"Wow...At least we get to learn more about each other as we gradually grow old and withered with the inevitable passing of time...slowly consuming us..." Momo mumbles sluggishly. "I-I mean, um...let's keep our spirits high..."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"What is that it?! Is that all the challengers I'm getting? You gotta be kidding me! Dammit..."

Casey lays her cue on the table and sighs.

Casey hears what Molly and Akio have to say and shakes her head.

"What the hell, nerds! She's doing the right thing! If you want us to live through this, you should be happy she's saying that!"

"Y-You don't get it either, huh..? Well, I expected that..! None of ya do!"

Akio pointed at the ones who were with him during John's execution. "But that's okay -- I guess it only bothers me that we all killed someone, huh?!"

With his arms crossed, he huffed over to Shirly. "Well, I hope you never have to do that! All you have to do is watch!"

He left the room, grumbling and stomping on the ground.

"This is the 'right thing,' huh?" Molly asks Casey sarcastically. "Being told that I should just give up on my family, and everyone that's expecting me home...? How am I supposed to feel about that? I-I know a lot of you are telling me that you've got nothing to go back to, but I'm different!" She pounds her mug against the table, spilling a good deal for the contents in front of her.

"Do I just accept that everyone outside forgot about me, pretend my whole life up until now doesn't matter? I-I don't want to give up, but the longer I'm here, the more you're all telling me that there's nothing left for me out there. I'm not ready to accept this sorry reasoning, that it's all okay just because we're here together..."

"Couldn't you always build a new family and home, though?" Claudius inquired.

"Yeah, asshole, it is the right thing! If Shirly ain't gonna give up on seeing her family that means she's plannin' on crackin' one of your sorry skulls open! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's the reality of it!"

"I only killed John so that other innocent people wouldn't have to."

Sock

"Heh.. Winning that first game was quite the rush. But those chores, man..." Silas sighs. "Not much I can do."

Later, with Shirly's lengthy announcement. "That's... Really sweet of you. However, Molly is right. I don't have anything to head back to, but I surely won't sit around and wait for everyone else to suffer the same fate. I want to get you all out of here."

"No, I won't accept that!" Molly shouts back. "We're giving up! Just accepting that we've got nothing left to live for, and making the most out of that. Staying in here and slowly aging away, is that any better than killing ourselves right now?" She grabs her mug and reels back like she's ready to hurl it at Casey, but after a moment just sets it back on the table. Her shoulders slump, her expression slowly shifting from anger to sorrow.

"I-I don't want to die in here... I just can't accept what you're saying... Build a new family, pretend everyone else I've ever met before now doesn't matter... To me, that's no better than dying..."

ASCEND

"I d- don't have any reason to leave... I know you all do though..." Anissa lets out a long, shaky sigh. "B- But just look around? W- We've already spent a day trying to g- get out of here!" She clutches the side of her head and shouts, "Th- There's no way out! W- We're all gonna die here! I can f- feel it!"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Lyla eyes the pool table, "I've never played pool, but... not like I have anything else to do." She then looks up at Casey. "Want to play a match?"

Planetbox wrote:
"I d- don't have any reason to leave... I know you all do though..." Anissa lets out a long, shaky sigh. "B- But just look around? W- We've already spent a day trying to g- get out of here!" She clutches the side of her head and shouts, "Th- There's no way out! W- We're all gonna die here! I can f- feel it!"

"I-If that's how you feel, why don't you just do us all a favor and get it over with?!" Molly snaps. "All you do... all you ever do is bring us down... I'm sick of it, all the doomsay that you keep spouting off, you're not helping anyone here."

Kagayaki sat in solemn silence as Akio stormed off. Once he'd left, she turned her head towards Shirly and lowered it slightly. "My condolences for your situation, Lady Cahill. I respect the fact that you are attempting to connect with the rest of us despite the pain you must be suffering."

She raised her cup to her lips and held it there briefly, allowing the aroma a chance to waft into her nose, then took a small sip and smiled a little. "I thank you for the refreshments. I very rarely drink coffee, so any nuances regarding its preparation would unfortunately be lost on me; however, I can say it is quite palatable."

After finishing her drink, Kagayaki politely excused herself and went back to work on the locked billiards room. When she'd finished that and Casey and the others hurried inside, she followed and quietly watched them play from the side.

She chuckled politely at Casey's demand for competition. "I am afraid my knowledge of pool is limited to little more than the games I witnessed just now, Lady Windsor. Were I to challenge you, I would only be insulting your skill."

She sighed, sounding slightly disappointed. "Still, it is a pity there was no exit in this room as I'd hoped. It is quite curious that the room key was locked inside the room itself, though. Perhaps..."

Kagayaki took the key from the table in the billiards room and headed to the front door to see if it might unlock it.

"Hell yeah Lyla! Whatcha playing for? I mean I guess there ain't much I have that I can bet with these days..."

Casey picks her cue back up.

"For the honor of victory then? Let's go!"

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Hell yeah Lyla! Whatcha playing for? I mean I guess there ain't much I have that I can bet with these days..."

Casey picks her cue back up.

"For the honor of victory then? Let's go!"

"Sounds good enough, not that I have anything to bet." Lyla picks up a cue and examines it closely.

"So, uhm, I think I know enough on how to play pool... you just get the pool balls into the holes using the cue, right?"

"Uh... well you gotta hit the white ball... and you also only gotta get your set in. So you'll either have the stripes or the solids, and then after all that you hit the eight ball in. Um... so it's a little bit more complex but as long as you know that, you've pretty much got it."

Casey nervously watches Lyla examine the cue.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Uh... well you gotta hit the white ball... and you also only gotta get your set in. So you'll either have the stripes or the solids, and then after all that you hit the eight ball in. Um... so it's a little bit more complex but as long as you know that, you've pretty much got it."

Casey nervously watches Lyla examine the cue.

"Uh-huh." Lyla looks up to Casey and then back at the pool table. "Alright, that's fine enough, let's go."

"Well, uh... alrighty. I'll try my best. Don't expect any miracles."

Casey chalks up her cue, racks up the balls, and holds out the cue ball.

"Hey uh... you wanna go first? I just won and all."

The key doesn’t work on the front door. The front door actually doesn’t have a place to put a key at all.

“TOO BAD.” Something that sounded like a snicker came out of the roomba. “ALL 12 STUDENTS WILL REMAIN TRAPPED UNTIL A MURDER OCCURS.”

Lyla chalks her cue as well.

"No, you can go first. I'd rather see how you do before trying it myself and horribly failing."

Undeterred by the smart-ass cleaning machine, Kagayaki got the knives again and attempted to pick the front door's lock.

Kagayaki then remembers the door doesn’t have a lock and she’s about to just stab into some wood.

"Okay. Well... here goes nothing, then."

On the first shot, Casey manages to get one of the stripes in as the group of balls scatters.

"Okay, so that means I'm stripes. And um... I get to go again. When you sink one of your own you get to go twice in a row."

She carefully tries to line up a second shot, but this time she isn't so fortunate. She tried to make a pretty weird angle and the cue ball rolls into the crowd and the stripe she was trying to pocket sits uselessly near the far corner.

"Dammit. Okay, well anyway, you're solids, you gotta hit the cue ball, and the cue ball should hit a solid when you hit it. That's another rule."

JesusMonroe wrote:
Kagayaki then remembers the door doesn’t have a lock and she’s about to just stab into some wood.

Upon realizing this, Kagayaki shrugged mentally and stabbed away anyway; she wasn't above digging through the door if that's what it takes to get out.

Sock

JesusMonroe wrote:
The key doesn’t work on the front door. The front door actually doesn’t have a place to put a key at all.

“TOO BAD.” Something that sounded like a snicker came out of the roomba. “ALL 12 STUDENTS WILL REMAIN TRAPPED UNTIL A MURDER OCCURS.”

"Whoa, wait a minute." Silas, who was standing nearby, speaks up after the roomba's comment.
"All twelve students? I'm pretty sure there's thirteen of us. Aren't you a robot? Shouldn't you know this?"

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Okay. Well... here goes nothing, then."

On the first shot, Casey manages to get one of the stripes in as the group of balls scatters.

"Okay, so that means I'm stripes. And um... I get to go again. When you sink one of your own you get to go twice in a row."

She carefully tries to line up a second shot, but this time she isn't so fortunate. She tried to make a pretty weird angle and the cue ball rolls into the crowd and the stripe she was trying to pocket sits uselessly near the far corner.

"Dammit. Okay, well anyway, you're solids, you gotta hit the cue ball, and the cue ball should hit a solid when you hit it. That's another rule."

"Alright, I'll do my best. Let's see if I can do this well. Maybe my talent works here too..."

Lyla aims her cue and aims it at one of the solids for a good few seconds. After having lined up her shot, she hits the ball, and the solid lands perfectly in the hole.

Lyla then lines up a second shot and hits the ball again. It hits a solid and said solid lands into the hole again. "Like that?" She wipes some sweat off of her forehead.

"Yo, I think S doesn't count. He's just some guy or something. I think they've said something similar before too."

"WE'VE NEVER MADE A COMMENT ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT S COUNTS, JUST THAT THERE ARE 12 STUDENTS IN THE KILLING GAME."

Datamatt wrote:
"Alright, I'll do my best. Let's see if I can do this well. Maybe my talent works here too..."

Lyla aims her cue and aims it at one of the solids for a good few seconds. After having lined up her shot, she hits the ball, and the solid lands perfectly in the hole.

Lyla then lines up a second shot and hits the ball again. It hits a solid and said solid lands into the hole again. "Like that?" She wipes some sweat off of her forehead.

"Yep, that's about right. Hell, man, you're really good... Anyway, it's still your turn. Go for it..."

Casey looks very uneasy.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"WE'VE NEVER MADE A COMMENT ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT S COUNTS, JUST THAT THERE ARE 12 STUDENTS IN THE KILLING GAME."

"Yeah, but if anybody ain't a student it's probably S, right? Makes sense to me."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Yeah, but if anybody ain't a student it's probably S, right? Makes sense to me."

The roomba turned away from Casey, as if to say 'whatever' and decided to feast on the leftover crumbs left in the kitchen.
Page 56 of 98 [ 3882 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 98  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus