Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 57 of 98[ 3882 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 98  Next

Re: Danganronpa F3: Risk vs. Reward - Chapter 3 Daily LifeTopic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Datamatt wrote:
"Alright, I'll do my best. Let's see if I can do this well. Maybe my talent works here too..."

Lyla aims her cue and aims it at one of the solids for a good few seconds. After having lined up her shot, she hits the ball, and the solid lands perfectly in the hole.

Lyla then lines up a second shot and hits the ball again. It hits a solid and said solid lands into the hole again. "Like that?" She wipes some sweat off of her forehead.

"Yep, that's about right. Hell, man, you're really good... Anyway, it's still your turn. Go for it..."

Casey looks very uneasy.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"WE'VE NEVER MADE A COMMENT ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT S COUNTS, JUST THAT THERE ARE 12 STUDENTS IN THE KILLING GAME."

"Yeah, but if anybody ain't a student it's probably S, right? Makes sense to me."

"I don't think I'm good at pool itself. I'm just good at aiming, really."

Lyla aims another ballsy shot, going for a ball which was supposed to hit a solid into the hole, but it falls as the ball stops very few centimeters short of the hole. She groans in disappointment.

"Alright, your turn... I got too cocky."

"Well, you didn't leave me with too good of a shot!"

Casey shoots the cue ball across the table where it collides with a stripe at a wide angle, and she manages to sink it.

She takes a look at the table.

"Oh dammit! I shoulda called a safety. I don't think I can get none. Well, you win some, you lose some, I guess."

Casey shoots straight into the center of the table, and miraculously, another one of the stripes manages it's way into the pocket.

"Dammit, now I'm for real stuck. I guess the best I can do now is try to make a legal shot."

Casey barely manages to make a legal shot and play turns over to Lyla.

"Well, at least it's tied up... for now."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Well, you didn't leave me with too good of a shot!"

Casey shoots the cue ball across the table where it collides with a stripe at a wide angle, and she manages to sink it.

She takes a look at the table.

"Oh dammit! I shoulda called a safety. I don't think I can get none. Well, you win some, you lose some, I guess."

Casey shoots straight into the center of the table, and miraculously, another one of the stripes manages it's way into the pocket.

"Dammit, now I'm for real stuck. I guess the best I can do now is try to make a legal shot."

Casey barely manages to make a legal shot and play turns over to Lyla.

"Well, at least it's tied up... for now."

"Wow... You took all of the good shots, didn't you?" Lyla lines up another shot.

She shoots the cue ball, which hits a solid, that solid bouncing off from the side into one of the lower holes. Seems like quite the lucky shot, or was it planned?

The next hit seems to be legal, barely missing yet again. This seems to frustrate Lyla to some degree, getting her to clutch her side in frustration. "... Alright, alright, your turn."

Casey continues to avoid sinking as much as possible. She knows the fewer obstacles are in the way for Lyla, the more likely it is that she'll be able to run the whole table down. She also continues to leave the cue ball in really tricky positions for Lyla, all the while bemoaning how awful she's doing.

"Alright, well... it's your turn again I guess."

"God damn it," Lyla mumbles, staring at the table. It's definitely getting harder now, and her talent won't carry her to the end.

Lyla seems to shoot the cue ball at a corner, barely missing it. The ball instead bounces back towards the other side.

"Your turn."

Casey sinks the ball by the corner pocket. And on the next shot she sinks again, narrowly avoiding hitting one of the solids in.

"Well... good thing you didn't have nothing on the line. I think you coulda won though."

She points her cue across the table at one of the corner pockets and takes aim at the eight ball.

"Here we go. Good game."

She shoots and misses.

"What the hell?!"

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Casey sinks the ball by the corner pocket. And on the next shot she sinks again, narrowly avoiding hitting one of the solids in.

"Well... good thing you didn't have nothing on the line. I think you coulda won though."

She points her cue across the table at one of the corner pockets and takes aim at the eight ball.

"Here we go. Good game."

She shoots and misses.

"What the hell?!"

Seeing her strategy completely fail seems to get Lyla quite frustrated, as she tightens her grip on the cue. She's doing her best not to show it, but the subtle movements are obvious to anyone observing intently.

"Gah... I forfeit, that's enough. Good game, I guess." She rests the cue on the wall. "I'm off for now. Maybe we'll play again later. See you."

Lyla promptly heads out from the billiard room.

Last edited by Datamatt on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Casey breathes a sigh of relief, calmly sinking her last shot.

"Well, that was really scary. You gotta play every game like it's your last. I was gonna bet my life, but I guess that woulda just freaked everyone out. You're never truly out in pool, though. You can always turn it around, and the more that's on the line, the greater the chance of you making it turn around."

"Thanks everyone," Shirly says to Molly, Kagayaki, and the others. "It's nothing more than me promising to be nice to everyone. It's not like I'm coming out or anything... no, I'm not gay."

Kachu wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
The key doesn’t work on the front door. The front door actually doesn’t have a place to put a key at all.

“TOO BAD.” Something that sounded like a snicker came out of the roomba. “ALL 12 STUDENTS WILL REMAIN TRAPPED UNTIL A MURDER OCCURS.”

"Whoa, wait a minute." Silas, who was standing nearby, speaks up after the roomba's comment.
"All twelve students? I'm pretty sure there's thirteen of us. Aren't you a robot? Shouldn't you know this?"

"And we had 16 rooms in that ship, did we not? I thought it was John who did not count as a student. Are you saying there is someone else, like a traitor of some sorts?"

"What?! Y-you sh-shouldn't be looking into it like that! Just because someone doesn't count for some reason doesn't mean their evil or something. We can't be scared of each other just because some robot don't know how to count things the right way."

"I would think that someone who ain't gone to school is more trustworthy than some jerk who has."

Shy guy

"I don't think they're a traitor." Dale said, clearly disappointed the door seemed entirely unopenable. "Whoever set this game up only prepared 16 rooms, 16 podiums in the trial grounds, 16 cots in the basement here. That hecking AI doesn't even seem to be programmed to think there's any more than that. Sounds to me more like there's someone here even the game's management weren't prepared for. Someone on our side, perhaps."

After trying to cut at the door for some time and apparently not even being able to scratch it, Kagayaki finally allowed her knife hand to slump to her side. She turned away from the impenetrable barrier and leaned against it to support her somewhat unsteady form. "W-well, I feel I have expended enough effort here," she explained in a cheerful tone that was obviously forced. She stifled a yawn with her wrist. "What... what were our other options again? T-the pipework, yes...?"

I require pandas

"The doors in here are wooden, right....?" Sachiko had her half hair braided back, eyes slightly bloodshot. She squeezed and rubbed her hands together most nervously, and was tapping her foot. 'On edge' would be an absolute understatement. "Wh-what if we torched the front door?? Maybe that's our key to escape?!"

"Hell yeah, man! Light 'em up! Whatever gets us out, you know? Whatever makes sense to you."

Casey says this to Sachi without much thought, and then goes over to aid Kagayaki in her efforts, fruitlessly trying to power through the walls.

[I put a poll in the sign-up thread]

"If we have a way to ignite a blaze, I am certainly willing to try that. I only hope doing so will not create more of that acrid smoke produced by the bamboo lacquer..."

Kagayaki faced the door again once Casey joined in and resumed her assault on the woodwork, each strike slightly weaker than the last.

I require pandas

"The stoves in the kitchen are gas if I remember correctly, and there's a candle in the study. We could use some books in the library as a starter, and get buckets of water to put it out just in case. I've been...thinking this out a bit I guess," Sachiko shrugged, then grinned wearily.

"Maybe I've been hanging around Akio too much? Ahaha...." there was no humor behind that short laugh.

Shy guy

"Do you still have Akio's lighter?" Dale asked Sachiko. "Burning it down is definitely worth a shot. Maybe use some alcohol as fuel?"

"I-I guess we're all a little bit of a pyromaniac deep down..." Momo mumbles.

"Anyways...I want to help too. I-If there's anything you want me to do to, I'll try my best..."

"As long as we have water to put out the flames in case anything goes wrong, I think it's worth a shot trying to burn the door down." S said. "I'd like to help as well."

I require pandas

Sachiko smiled slightly at everyone willing to help her. "Aww geez, I have an army now...."

She nodded at Dale, and produced Akio's lighter from her pocket, holding it up. "I have it, but using alcohol as a starter would be super dangerous, that'd be like using gasoline. Though, if we ever get desperate enough to blow up the door, that wouldn't be a bad idea...."

And then she turned to Momo and S. "Well, uhh....i said we could use paper to start the fire, so maybe grab a few really boring books from the library, start ripping out the pages and crumbling them up. Honestly I've never lit a door on fire so I'm not sure how to properly start it, so I'm treating it like a campfire type situation."

Shy guy

"We're already at the point of desperation." Dale replied testily. "If alcohol explodes, thats great. If burning it down doesn't work, I'm trying that. It'll probably be dangerous, but I don't mind being the one to set it off while everyone else stays well away."

The situation was clearly making him a little reckless. Still, for now he remained calm enough to watch the proceedings as the others set about trying to start a fire.

I require pandas

"Like hell I'm gonna let you do something stupid and risk yourself Dale. You're no good to anyone if you're dead, yhear?" Sachi crossed her arms, giving him a very stern and concerned look.

"There's rope....somewhere, can't remember where off the top of my head, we can set it in the bottle to make a fuse of sorts. Like a Molotov. You may throw it if you so choose."

"You hear that Kagayaki? They're makin' bombs over there! What ever happened to work ethic!? What ever happened to the simple life where if you want somethin' done you do it yourself without the help of no bombs!? Whatever happened to safety regulations, huh?!"

Casey punches the wall in front of her and then curls over in defeat.

"Dammit... I mean I guess it's our only hope... and it will be pretty badass."

"I do not mind the method so long as it accomplishes our goal," Kagayaki softly replied. She gave the door one last feeble scrape with the knife before stepping away sluggishly. "It seems a shame to destroy books, but I see little alternative at this point..."

Shy guy

Sad_Yoshi wrote:
"Like hell I'm gonna let you do something stupid and risk yourself Dale. You're no good to anyone if you're dead, yhear?" Sachi crossed her arms, giving him a very stern and concerned look.

"There's rope....somewhere, can't remember where off the top of my head, we can set it in the bottle to make a fuse of sorts. Like a Molotov. You may throw it if you so choose."

"No good to anyone if I'm dead..." Dale repeated, the words forcing him to calm down. "You're right. It'll be for nothing if I die in the process... Uh, good thinking with the rope. We can try that." He then said abashedly.

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"You hear that Kagayaki? They're makin' bombs over there! What ever happened to work ethic!? What ever happened to the simple life where if you want somethin' done you do it yourself without the help of no bombs!? Whatever happened to safety regulations, huh?!"

Casey punches the wall in front of her and then curls over in defeat.

"Dammit... I mean I guess it's our only hope... and it will be pretty badass."

"Punt that, we don't have time for doing things nicely!" Dale exclaimed, though thankfully he still seemed more restrained than before. "If we can get something, anything to work, we have to try it."

ASCEND

Anissa stares at the group as they plan to destroy the door. Her hair seems more unkempt than usual, her skin is slightly pale, and she's clearly trembling, for some reason.

Eventually, she mumbles in a wavering voice. "Y- Y'know, you g- guys don't need to blow yourself up... You're g- gonna get out of here p- pretty soon, I th- think..."

Apparently not intending to elaborate, she turns and walks away.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Kagayaki's eyes fluttered a little wider at Anissa's remark. She cautiously shuffled after the girl, calling to her. "Lady Silke? ...Do you... know something?"

Shirly entered the room upon hearing the word 'alcohol'.

She looked at the nearly empty liquor bottle in her hands.

"Oops, were you going to use this?"

"Hey... Anissa what did you say? What do you know that we don't!? What could that possibly mean!?"

Casey looks uncomfortably at Anissa as she leaves.

"What the hell?! If you know of some conspiracy to kill someone then you better say something about it! If you don't say nothing then it's on your head! That means you're guilty and I'll have to do something about that! I ain't afraid to fight a girl!"

She breaks out in a little bit of a cold sweat.

"C'mon dude! Just tell us what's up!"

[put something witty here]

"Whether that was a threat or not, I don't think it's worth getting that worked up over," Molly suddenly speaks up, having spent some time listening in on the escape discussion before deciding to join the group herself. She eyes the entrance door with mild curiosity.

"Blasting our way out of here? I'd... like to see how this one goes."

I require pandas

Lone wrote:
Shirly entered the room upon hearing the word 'alcohol'.

She looked at the nearly empty liquor bottle in her hands.

"Oops, were you going to use this?"

Sachiko's eyes widened at the sight of the almost empty bottle, and her breathing started to increase in pace. She rested her hands on her chest to manually control her breathing, but it wasn't helping, she couldn't stop panicking.

"Shirly, Shirly what the fuck??! W-we needed that, we needed it, we could've escaped with that alcohol!! oh God, oh shit.... we needed that...needed....we...we...we're never getting out now..."

"What do you mean Molly!? Anissa can't just screw with me in a situation like this!"

Casey's wide eyes nervously scan the doors, and then she bolts out of the room.

"Silas?! Claud?! You guys alright?! I swear to heck, Anissa!"

Casey takes out her knife and stalks about the manor.

"S-sorry about that." Shirly leaves the rest of the liquor by the door, about an eighth left.

"I don't think that's enough to light a fire..." Lyla looks at the almost empty liquor bottle.

"Maybe I could..." Shirly hold a finger up and shoves it down her throat. She coughs and splutters before pulling out.

"Nope... gah, I don't think I'll be throwing it up."

Shirly catches her breath before continuing.

"Ther-there's a gas stove in the k-kitchen. And a candle in the study. We can try using those to make something explode."

Casey slinks back into the room.

"Dude... I don't know if we should be risking ruining our gas stove when you already mighta emptied our only bottle of booze..." she says to Shirly, sounding a little hurt.

The class talks a little more, but ultimately decides to leave the plan for another time and get some rest.

Sleep doesn't come easy. Most just end up tossing and turning, too many thoughts in their head.

Spoiler: Day 3
2 and a half days...2 and a half years.

The day had proceeded as stressful as usual. Tension in the air was palpable at all moments. Sleep was difficult for everybody, and had been since they arrived. People were starting to lumber around like zombies, still ready to set off at a moment’s notice.

“Aaaaaah!” A girl’s scream pierced the air.

“...w-what was that?” Momo asked.

“It came from the conservatory!” Dale yelled. Nearly everybody ran into the room. They couldn’t believe the sight that was before them.

Audrey was bigger than any person in the room. Hell, bigger than any vehicle you’d normally see. The scream could be heard again, muffled inside of it.

“What the fuck?!” Casey yelled. “Someone’s in there!”

“I-I’ll handle it!” Sachiko said. She went up to Audrey and did something to calm her down. Audrey ended up opening its mouth and dumping the girl out--Lyla.

Lyla was covered in chloroplastic saliva and was severely shaken up, but seemed to be fine.

“H-How did this get so big in two days?” Silas asked.

“I’ve been taking good care of it.” Sachiko crossed her arms and pouted.

“Hmmm….I’ve also been feeding it lots of raw meat from the freezer.” Claudius rubbed his chin. “Perhaps that’s the cause.”

“It looks like she calmed down at least…” Kagayaki said, trying to be optimistic.

“It won’t attack anyone if I’m in the room.” Sachiko explained.

“This thing attacks people?” Silas’ eyes were wide with horror.

“Well, just for now. You really shouldn’t have come in here without me…” Sachiko told Lyla. “But it should be fine now.”

“Fine?!” Lyla said. “We need to kill that thing before it kills us!”

“It’s just a plant…” Akio tried to defend it.

“That’s no plant…” Silas shuddered. “T-That’s a carnivore--that’s a fucking monster!”

“It’s harmless.”

“It’s n-not harmless!” Lyla defended. “I could feel it...digesting me!”

“You don’t have to kill it because you don’t like it!”

“That’s big coming from you.” Dale snorted at Akio.

“W-What’s that supposed to mean?” Akio puffed his chest, unafraid of Dale.

“I saw John’s body, remember?! You think I didn’t see those burns?”

“Lay off him!” Casey got Dale’s attention. “We did that for everyone!”

“You did it for yourselves!” The words were a long time coming. “You guys didn’t execute him, you brutalized him! You guys and Penelope, you’re no different!” He turned to Akio specifically. “You think the naïve act is gonna fly after the horror you pulled?”

“D-Dale, we promised we wouldn’t judge the people who-” Molly was cut off.

“He’s right.” Claudius folded his arms. “The five of you committed an atrocity. You’re no different from John.”

“No different from John.” Lyla scoffed at the ridiculousness of the comment. “Think what you want.”

“Look at what you accomplished. Nothing.”

Lyla glared at him. “I don’t need to be talked down to by Mr. I’ve-Killed-Hundreds.”

“I never killed for pleasure.” Claudius glared. “I never did anything that wasn’t necessary.”

“I think this discussion needs to stop.” Kagayaki was stern.

“Oh, this is rich.” Shirly wouldn’t even look her in the eye.

Kagayaki’s brow twitched but she kept a polite face on. “Can I ask what you mean, Lady Cahill?”

“I’m not stupid you know. The knife, John’s interrogation of you. You’re not our friend.”

“The 17th player…” Sachiko mumbled.

“Uh, no.” Molly said. “The 17th player is obviously S! Have you seen how suspicious that he is?”

“Excuse me, Lady Cahill. Can I ask what exactly you’ve helped us with besides beverages?” Kagayaki kept the smile on her face, much more forced.

Silas had fallen onto the ground, a banana peel had been placed where he was pacing around. He quickly got to his feet and pushed Akio against the wall, pinning him with his forearm. “And I’m sick of these fucking banana peels! Why can’t you just throw out your trash?!”

“S-Stop it.” Momo pushed them apart. “But yeah, t-that’s really gotta stop.”

“Sorry, guys. What am I interrupting?” S had just walked in.

“Just a disagreement.” Casey frowned. “Nothing unusual for friends, right?”

Everybody looked at each other with uncertainty. The lack of sleep, the stress that had compounded over the last few days. A lot of heads in the room shared similar thoughts. Are they really my friend? How much do I actually value them, compared to the price of staying that here increases every hour…?

“That’s strange, though.” S wondered. “Everybody else is here…”

“What do you mean?” Silas asked.

“I saw Anissa go into the ballroom. I thought she was meeting with someone, but strangely enough the door was locked…”

Everybody looked at each other with fear in their eyes. “Let’s go.” Shirly decided.

They all gathered outside the ballroom door. Dale tried the knob, but it was locked.

“What are you waiting for, man?! Kick it in!” Casey’s nervousness was clear.

Dale stepped back and smashed his shoulder to the door. It pushed something jamming the other side just far enough where they could get inside. Everybody crowded in.

It only took a moment for all the emotions everybody had been feeling to leave them. There was a feeling of complete emptiness, like a void had taken over. Then...nothing but despair.

Anissa was hanging from the ceiling by a rope, pale and unmoving, with a chair overturned beneath her.

Kagayaki shuddered visibly at the sight before her. Without a word, she raced over to where Anissa hung and stood the chair back up, climbed up it quickly, sliding her gohei out of her sleeve as she did so. She flicked the switch to open her blade and sliced the rope with it.

Claudius only stared at the scene before him, his face emotionless. His fists kept clenching and unclenching, producing an eerie metalic sound.
Page 57 of 98 [ 3882 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 98  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus