Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 631 of 639[ 25547 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 628, 629, 630, 631, 632, 633, 634 ... 639  Next

Re: Random conversations/chatroomTopic%20Title

★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★

CatMuto wrote:
I have to put one of my cats down... probably tomorrow.
...heh. What a sad post just under Dawn's happy one. :sadshoe:

I know that feeling all too well. I'm so sorry, Cat. :sadshoe:
FacebookKidd & Milky Art
Instagram (18+ Art)Art Merch
X: @miilkyweiPSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Currently (Re)Watching / Playing: ASTRO BOY / Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel

The Real Human Being

CatMuto wrote:
I have to put one of my cats down... probably tomorrow.
...heh. What a sad post just under Dawn's happy one. :sadshoe:

Usually see this posted on Feel threads on 4chan
I'm sorry for your loss

So far, it seems she's holding on. I still see her eating and drinking water.
Not often, but at least she's still doing it.

The Real Human Being

One of my main reasons for writing poetry is to try and pass on an emotion I've felt, or relay a lesson or perspective I think is important.

I grew up in a household where my parents had 0 interest in things I found enjoyable, they wouldn't even so much as look at a game I happened to be playing, or a show I was watching. If it wasn't a movie where someone was holding a gun then my stepfather would ignore it, and my mother stopped playing games around the NES days, so anything I cherished about later games was ignored.
Call it a bit autistic if you want, but never getting them to play or watch something I thought was important always hurt a little bit.
I think the only game I ever got my mother to play was Journey, and she played it all the way through by herself.

I wanted to express the complex emotions that not just my life experiences have shaped, but the stories I loved growing up.
To me, these emotions were important, and it tortured me inside to think that something so important to me would be ignored by people too caught up in their own world to see another's perspective.
A good portion of all my work is inspired by video games, and I'm not ashamed to admit that.
The same way an artist can be inspired by a musician, or a writer inspired by a folk tale, I'm inspired by the artists and musicians of my generation, and all those that came before.
Even I consider it a little arrogant, but I believe my generation, and the ones after mine, are better equipped to judge the works of the past. Our ability to access anything recorded within the internet makes me want to believe that the works of the past will never be forgotten, and what we make now is important.
Even now my words can be read by anyone willing to read them and to this end I want to share what's important to me.
I've said it before, but I'll say it here too; This community is important to me. Regardless of what brought us together, regardless of differing opinions, it hurts me to hear of your troubles, and I am comforted by your success. It is these feelings that I want to express in my work, because every time I write I want to make a connection with someone, to let them see the world from my perspective, or the perspective of someone who's inspired me.

After a while of no inspiration I finally feel inspired again. I've been drawing a lot recently. I drew Princess Peach, a curvier version, and now I'm working on Felicia from Darkstalkers. People seem to be more interested in these drawings than any that I've ever done before. Maybe I should make a market for this. I mean I am comfortable with drawing these sorts of things and people seem to like it too. :edgey:
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
After a while of no inspiration I finally feel inspired again. I've been drawing a lot recently. I drew Princess Peach, a curvier version, and now I'm working on Felicia from Darkstalkers. People seem to be more interested in these drawings than any that I've ever done before. Maybe I should make a market for this. I mean I am comfortable with drawing these sorts of things and people seem to like it too. :edgey:

Yeah I've heard of some really nice people who draw their NSFW stuff and it sells well enough. Only problem I heard from them is you gotta get hardened to some really gross commission requests. Might test the limits of your tolerance
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Yeah I've heard of some really nice people who draw their NSFW stuff and it sells well enough. Only problem I heard from them is you gotta get hardened to some really gross commission requests. Might test the limits of your tolerance

I've done commissions on this years ago, before I changed my style. The most gross request that I got was drawing myself with the person requesting. Why? I don't know. It was really weird, but it's art and I got paid for it. People are strange, but drawing this style of art is, oddly, in my comfort zone. Hopefully I won't get anymore requests like that. I'm hoping I don't get loli requests either. I just can't do that.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Hello Overwatch how’s everyone Overwatch doing Overwatch?

Now I have more than 100 contacts in my PSN account thanks to Overwatch. I ALMOST made it to Platinum this week with Reaper. Then I dropped to mid-Gold again. *sighs*

I should just stick to flankers, since they are my main competence. But I still love my snipers, and I am training with supports (Zenyatta/Brig) because you can’t climb without being decent at either tanks or supports (and I can’t tank).

Gettin' Old!

Thelema wrote:
Hello Overwatch how’s everyone Overwatch doing Overwatch?

Now I have more than 100 contacts in my PSN account thanks to Overwatch. I ALMOST made it to Platinum this week with Reaper. Then I dropped to mid-Gold again. *sighs*

I should just stick to flankers, since they are my main competence. But I still love my snipers, and I am training with supports (Zenyatta/Brig) because you can’t climb without being decent at either tanks or supports (and I can’t tank).

Wow you are so in the deep end I'm in awe :O. What do you think of Baptiste?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Baptiste is OK, and a good support character. His only controversial ability is immortality field, but I don’t think it is a problem. The ability can be easily cancelled with 250 HP damage.

Also, I think immortality field was introduced to make some offensive characters more balanced and counterable. Genji’s ult was way too powerful, but with Baptiste we can easily deal with it now.

That being said, I won’t be surprised if they nerfed him or reworked immortality field in the near future. The OW community tends to bitch too much about things. It also tends to put some characters (like Genji) on an untouchable pedestal, while others (like Brigitte/other supports) get a lot of unfair bashing.

Gettin' Old!

I hear that. Symmetra was introduced to be easier for people not accustomed to shooters with her simple short range lock on beam.

Later on people whine (especially genji and tracer because they are based around dodging) about it and now it's significantly worse against fast characters.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Re: Random conversations/chatroomeTopic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Ouch man, YouTube comments are scary at times.

So UK parliament pushed through a bill today hopefully forcing the PM to seek an extension on Brexit and I was like "sweet!"

I check on the news through YouTube channels mostly and in doing so I ended up in a sincere pro-Brexit rant on the same political event. I glanced at the comments which was maybe a bad idea but I was shocked by the level of vitriol and hatred in the language there.

All talks of traitors, hanging, civil unrest, riots, culling of parliament. Just so much exaggerated and extreme language to describe something which probably won't be a huge deal in the end.

I'd hoped to find maybe some more moderate pro-Brexit supporters and see their take on the event but wow that was just stunning. Still maybe they would rather just comment on another video. The guy doing the news update seemed pretty intense.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

YouTube comments are anything but moderate. I don't think I've ever seen a civil political debate before on there in my life.

The Real Human Being

Southern Corn wrote:
YouTube comments are anything but moderate. I don't think I've ever seen a civil political debate before on there in my life.

Blame identity politics.

I've felt worse.

Southern Corn wrote:

Last time I checked YouTube comments, Bruce Wayne was complaining about "millennial liberals trying to tear down the fabric of society"... on a f*cking Devil May Cry video.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Pierre wrote:
Ouch man, YouTube comments are scary at times.

So UK parliament pushed through a bill today hopefully forcing the PM to seek an extension on Brexit and I was like "sweet!"

I check on the news through YouTube channels mostly and in doing so I ended up in a sincere pro-Brexit rant on the same political event. I glanced at the comments which was maybe a bad idea but I was shocked by the level of vitriol and hatred in the language there.

All talks of traitors, hanging, civil unrest, riots, culling of parliament. Just so much exaggerated and extreme language to describe something which probably won't be a huge deal in the end.

I'd hoped to find maybe some more moderate pro-Brexit supporters and see their take on the event but wow that was just stunning. Still maybe they would rather just comment on another video. The guy doing the news update seemed pretty intense.

YouTube sucks, and it leans mostly right to far-right. Just look at how stupid/generic right-wing Youtubers make success.

You’d have more luck reading Reddit comments (from popular subreddits, at least) than reading YouTube comments. Reddit is not “great”, but people from both sides of the political spectrum are more civil there - as they are in Quora. I stopped reading YouTube comments because I become depressed every time I do so, and I have to convince myself afterwards that most people in the world are not that ignorant.

The Real Human Being

Thelema wrote:

YouTube sucks, and it leans mostly right to far-right. Just look at how stupid/generic right-wing Youtubers make success.

You’d have more luck reading Reddit comments (from popular subreddits, at least) than reading YouTube comments. Reddit is not “great”, but people from both sides of the political spectrum are more civil there - as they are in Quora. I stopped reading YouTube comments because I become depressed every time I do so, and I have to convince myself afterwards that most people in the world are not that ignorant.

This entire statement is so incorrect I think I had a stroke.

First off, "Far right" is a buzzword perpetuated by people so entrenched in identity politics that they think anyone who disagrees with them as "far right" so please don't use it.

Secondly, Youtube is one of the most prominent left leaning platforms online, second behind only Tumblr, you don't hear about leftists being demonitized for their 30th "fuck white people" video, that only happens to anyone even slightly right of center.

In Justice We Trust

I'm not sold on the idea of YouTube being left-wing, but at the same time, the site's not what I'd consider far-right. Comments sections say little about the site as a whole and vary from video to video. I'd say it depends on how word of the video spreads. If I were to upload a video about racism, for example, on my own channel, which is currently very obscure, and said video were to be noticed by a prominent right-wing YouTuber, such as Black Pigeon Speaks, the comments section would likely be inundated with right-wing comments for a while, and considering my own left-wing views, it would probably have far more dislikes than likes. Things might eventually balance out, though, as all the views from the right would likely lead to more people with left-wing opinions seeing the video in their feed, snatching a look, posting left-wing comments, etc. The nature of the channel can also make a difference. You'll probably see more leftists in Shaun's comments sections than in The Golden One's comments sections, for example.
I'll always love you, Max.

Gettin' Old!

DoMaya wrote:
Thelema wrote:

First off, "Far right" is a buzzword perpetuated by people so entrenched in identity politics that they think anyone who disagrees with them as "far right" so please don't use it.

Secondly, Youtube is one of the most prominent left leaning platforms online, second behind only Tumblr, you don't hear about leftists being demonitized for their 30th "fuck white people" video, that only happens to anyone even slightly right of center.

I mean I might challenge you on that, it's just indicating a distanced position on a political spectrum and I've got right-wing friends who I disagree with their politics and I'd never call them that.

Still in my experience youtube has been rather left-wing but I think that's more to do with it's algorithms and how it recommends videos to me. If I watch one video that agrees with my politics I imagine it'll put more out there for me to see easily so my perspective of youtube is probably tainted. My experience of this one video and all the vitriol in the comments section certainly isn't indicative of youtube as a whole but perhaps for someone who prefers different politics sees videos like that on a more regular basis.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I had an assignment once, it required looking up the same news stories from left-wing and right wing sources. The comments sections in both instances were very... extreme, let's say.

I've felt worse.

Pierre wrote:
[Still in my experience youtube has been rather left-wing but I think that's more to do with it's algorithms and how it recommends videos to me. If I watch one video that agrees with my politics I imagine it'll put more out there for me to see easily so my perspective of youtube is probably tainted. My experience of this one video and all the vitriol in the comments section certainly isn't indicative of youtube as a whole but perhaps for someone who prefers different politics sees videos like that on a more regular basis.

I watched one Star Wars video and got recommended a video on how feminism is trying to destroy society with female characters.
I watched one Steven Universe video and got recommended an hour long video containing a rant calling transgender people mentally ill.
YouTube as a whole isn't far right, but its algorithm really likes promoting the far right.
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Pierre wrote:
[Still in my experience youtube has been rather left-wing but I think that's more to do with it's algorithms and how it recommends videos to me. If I watch one video that agrees with my politics I imagine it'll put more out there for me to see easily so my perspective of youtube is probably tainted. My experience of this one video and all the vitriol in the comments section certainly isn't indicative of youtube as a whole but perhaps for someone who prefers different politics sees videos like that on a more regular basis.

I watched one Star Wars video and got recommended a video on how feminism is trying to destroy society with female characters.
I watched one Steven Universe video and got recommended an hour long video containing a rant calling transgender people mentally ill.
YouTube as a whole isn't far right, but its algorithm really likes promoting the far right.

Wow really? I wonder if it's different based on region then. I ain't ever had something that bad happen. Even in the one instance above where I did end up on a political rant video it was when I wasn't signed in to my account so I assumed my "preference algorithms" we're avoiding them
Made by Chesu+Zombee

DoMaya wrote:
Thelema wrote:

Lmao what are you even talking about
Look at all these “alt-right” and “skeptic” YouTubers and how many likes they get. Leftists are labelled as “SJWs” there and the number of leftist YouTubers who are taken seriously is very small. Their audiences tend to be minuscule. Contrapoints is one of the few exceptions I can think of; guys like Paul Joseph Watson are put on a pedestal. The like/dislike rate on videos tell everything about which side of the spectrum most of the YouTube community is.

Far-right is not a buzzword and it definitely exists, even though you might think some people are mislabeled as such. I second Sumguy on the frequent use of sensationalist reactionary rhetoric there. Last week someone was seriously trying to convince me gays caused the fall of Rome.

(Maybe our algorithms are functioning very differently. I dunno).

Anyway, I would still insist that both Reddit and Quora are better platforms for debating politics and having civil discussions. People on Quora are typically well-informed, and most of Reddit tend to downvote sucky comments while upvoting the informative/insightful ones.

The Real Human Being

Thelema wrote:
Look at all these “alt-right” and “skeptic” YouTubers and how many likes they get. Leftists are labelled as “SJWs” there and the number of leftist YouTubers who are taken seriously is very small. Their audiences tend to be minuscule. Contrapoints is one of the few exceptions I can think of; guys like Paul Joseph Watson are put on a pedestal. The like/dislike rate on videos tell everything about which side of the spectrum most of the YouTube community is.

Far-right is not a buzzword and it definitely exists, even though you might think some people are mislabeled as such. I second Sumguy on the frequent use of sensationalist reactionary rhetoric there. Last week someone was seriously trying to convince me gays caused the fall of Rome.

Anyway, I would still insist that both Reddit and Quora are better platforms for debating politics and having civil discussions. People on Quora are typically well-informed, and most of Reddit tend to downvote sucky comments while upvoting the informative/insightful ones.

Define it then, tell me the difference between a far right, a right winger, a moderate right, and the same for the left, I want to see YOUR definition of the difference between them, because "far right" is NPC speak for "people who disagree with me"

Gettin' Old!

Dude don't call people NPCs. To me that implies that you already don't think they'd have anything of value to say before they even said it.

Far-Right is a specific term for how far along the political spectrum they are. It's simply a measure of how much someone is willing to pursue the values of what I'd consider conservative politics. Normally at either extreme there's problems but politics and sure yeah I do disagree with Far-right politics but I wouldn't mislabel someone as far-right unless I felt they'd thoroughly earned it. If they subscribe to extremist positions of conservatism then I'd consider them part of the far-right.

As for defining a moderate conservative I'd say...someone who understands the benefits, reasons and drawbacks of both sides of the political spectrum but feels that conservative politics are better.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

DoMaya wrote:
Thelema wrote:

Define it then, tell me the difference between a far right, a right winger, a moderate right, and the same for the left, I want to see YOUR definition of the difference between them, because "far right" is NPC speak for "people who disagree with me"

To me, far-right implies authoritarianism, as does far-left. An authoritarian is someone with very sectarian and dogmatic worldviews; someone who creates hierarchies based on social categories and who wants to impose them on others. These categories can be based on race, sexuality, gender, or a bunch of arbitrary stuff (for example, I know someone who thinks women shouldn’t vote; I believe he is fairly far-right).

A moderate right-winger might have views that put emphasis on the importance of tradition and a conservative approach to politics, but they would not want to restrict individual freedom this way.

You mentioned “identitarianism” before, and I find it funny that people on the right are often using this term to talk about the left; the more far to the right someone is, the more they tend to be “identitarians” as well. White supremacists are a good example of this. If they aren’t “identitarians”, I dunno what they are. A person who defines themselves based on being white, straight, man, or anything of the sort is no less of an identitarian to me than someone who defines themselves based on being a woman, gay or black.

Look, I don’t call everyone who disagrees with me “far-right”, but it is definitely a thing. Pretending it doesn’t exist, won’t make it go away.

In Justice We Trust

I know you weren't addressing me, DoMaya, but I'm inclined to agree that there are such things as far-right and far-left, even if the line between them and center-right and center-left isn't always easy to draw. It doesn't help that people might be far-right or far-left for different reasons. I suppose that's part of the problem with the umbrella terms "right-wing" and "left-wing;" both wings are an amalgamation of views on a variety of different issues. Someone can be right-wing on one issue and left-wing on another (case in point: Tomi Lahren, who leans to the right on most issues, is pro-choice, which is generally considered a left-wing view). For me, I tend to distinguish "center-[right/left]" from "far-[right/left]" by how consistently right- or left- wing someone's views are on the various issues and how far they take those views. As an example, consider gay rights. Opposition to same-sex marriage is a common (albeit less so now than twenty years ago) right-wing stance. Someone who's center-right might oppose same-sex marriage, but leave it at that. Wanting homosexuality outlawed would be far-right.

All that said, I'm willing to concede that some people throw around such words as "far-right" and "far-left" far too readily, to say nothing of "fascist," "racist," "Nazi," "communist," and "socialist," among others that don't occur to me at the moment. While there are people who actually are one or more of the aforementioned things, that doesn't mean everyone who's called one is one.

Also, friendly reminder to be cool. That NPC remark was uncalled for even if you weren't directly calling anyone an NPC.
I'll always love you, Max.

So I've been living in Canada with my boyfriend for more than a year now. I've learned so much and I've also changed a lot. Not only in weight, but also with my anxiety and depression and social life. I go out a lot more and I'm a lot happier now. I still have my down days, but not as many as before. Hopefully by next year I'll be a Canadian citizen and I'm honestly so excited about that. It feels weird that I haven't seen my family since March of last year. I'm hoping that I can go see them soon.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
So I've been living in Canada with my boyfriend for more than a year now. I've learned so much and I've also changed a lot. Not only in weight, but also with my anxiety and depression and social life. I go out a lot more and I'm a lot happier now. I still have my down days, but not as many as before. Hopefully by next year I'll be a Canadian citizen and I'm honestly so excited about that. It feels weird that I haven't seen my family since March of last year. I'm hoping that I can go see them soon.

Yeah your life has certainly changed a lot. I'm envious of how awesome things are for you just now but good job in all that positive change :kristoph:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I have a new job - hotel reception again, but dayshift this time. I start next week, though downside is that it's early shift. Meaning getting up at 5 AM when my body is still struggling with reverting to a non-nightshift cycle.

High level play

Hey guys!

It's been a while and a lot has happened the last few years, but expect me to pop in frequently again. I'm (pleasantly) suprised to see most familliar faces are still active here.
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Gettin' Old!

Welcome back Sir Jibbey! It's good to see you again!

Do you still play Smash? Would be cool to fight you again.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Not my conversation to jump in on, buuuuuut Karim and I have Smash Ultimate too. So if anyone wanted to add us on the Switch this is our code. SW-2706-2226-7315
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

Gettin' Old!

Milky wrote:
Not my conversation to jump in on, buuuuuut Karim and I have Smash Ultimate too. So if anyone wanted to add us on the Switch this is our code. SW-2706-2226-7315

Added! Should get one from me with a Luigi avatar.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Added! Should get one from me with a Luigi avatar.

Also added! Yay!
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

High level play

Pierre wrote:
Welcome back Sir Jibbey! It's good to see you again!

Do you still play Smash? Would be cool to fight you again.

I still do, although not as often as before, but I'm still confident about my skills. My code is SW-2065-7987-2985 so lets play when we see each other online.

Milky wrote:

I'll also add you next opportunity I get. By the way did you go by the username Dawn(y) often paired with a Danganronpa profile picture?
Face your emptiness don't be afraid. The danger is often smaller than your fear.

Sjibbey wrote:
Milky wrote:

I'll also add you next opportunity I get. By the way did you go by the username Dawn(y) often paired with a Danganronpa profile picture?

Ooh, awesome! It'll show my boyfriend's Mii because we share the switch for right now until I get my own. Yup! I went by my name, Dawny, on here briefly.
FacebookKidd & Milky Art

The Real Human Being

The Month of May! Named after the goddess of fertility, Maia
But, according to Ovid (one of the three canonical poets of Latin literature) it was named after maiores (essentially old people) Also, those of Catholic belief choose May to venerate the Virgin Mary.

I do believe that the best way to honor the month of May is by honoring motherhood itself.

Like the previous months, abstract or literal, personal or common. All portrayals of motherhood are welcome.

Choose a picture of your mom, choose a character from the Mother series, or maybe a woman you want to make a mommy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I've felt worse.

Quote:
I ... am currently waiting for my application to a master's program to go through

I GOT ACCEPTED
Goodbye, "will I get accepted" anxiety, hello "what if it doesn't work out" anxiety.

Gettin' Old!

sumguy28 wrote:
Quote:
I ... am currently waiting for my application to a master's program to go through

I GOT ACCEPTED
Goodbye, "will I get accepted" anxiety, hello "what if it doesn't work out" anxiety.

Congrats man. What's the masters in?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Page 631 of 639 [ 25547 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 628, 629, 630, 631, 632, 633, 634 ... 639  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus