Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 70 of 78[ 3111 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 78  Next

Re: Danganronpa F2: Prisoner's Dilemma- Ch. 4 Class TrialTopic%20Title

Shy guy

"Quite frankly I don't give a damn what any of you think, I don't need your forgiveness and your disappointment means nothing to me." Damien said. "All I wanted was to live a comfortable life, but how could I possibly do that with you all pestering me all the time? I only made nice with you all because I believed it would help maximise my comfort and my chances of survival, and now all that was for naught!" In another burst of anger he took off his hat and chucked it at Simon, the one who'd annoyed him most out of the whole class. Weighted down by horologist tools as it was, it flew quite well.

"You can't possible imagine... I spend countless hours practising my smile. One easy method to make people think I gave a damn about them, I thought. And now... I could have put that time to better use! Spent more time perfecting my craft, talking with grandma, anything! I didn't even want to attend Hope's Peak, but she requested it so I figured I'd find a way to make it work. And now look at me! Look at us, look at the situation we found ourselves in! It's utterly, utterly hopeless! You think I wanted to kill someone?" He yelled, looking around at the remaining survivors. "I don't care about any of you, and seeing people die gave the perfect opportunity to study the inner workings of the human body. But actually killing someone? None of you can possibly imagine how difficult that really is."

His head snapped around to look at Ray and Yuma in turn. "I can see it in the way you look at me, you think I'm a terrible person. But you two... you've killed people. Numerous people. I killed one man in order to avoid the same fate, but you? What kind of twisted, inhumane minds must you have to not feel as I do? I didn't even strike the killing blow, I never touched him, I didn't even see him when he died. Yet I am wracked by this feeling, this regret, that I didn't even know possible! How can you deign to scorn me when you yourselves have already lost all rights to pass judgement?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"You think I wanted to kill someone?" He yelled, looking around at the remaining survivors. "I don't care about any of you, and seeing people die gave the perfect opportunity to study the inner workings of the human body. But actually killing someone? None of you can possibly imagine how difficult that really is."

Unable to stomach anymore, Maribelle replied. "Oh, I'm so sorry how difficult endin' Cain's life must've been fer you." she said flippantly. "If I'd've just known how hard murderin' someone with their own dreams and goals fer you , I never would've judged you so harsh.  Lemme give ya that space ya wanted soooooo bad."

She turned her podium and tapped on her thigh with her hand. Constantine moved to follow Maribelle, but wouldn't face away from Damien, growling as he walked backwards slowly.
Re: Danganronpa F2: Prisoner's Dilemma- Ch. 4 EndTopic%20Title

"Upupu. Alright, I think that's enough. Boy, how will the rebellion go on without Cain. Ah well."

Monokuma bows towards Damien.

"Thank you for your service. You were a good spy for me. Alas, your time has come."

Monokuma turns back to the rest of the class.

"I've prepared a very special punishment for Damien Treynor, the Ultimate Horologist."

ASCEND

The hat slammed into Simon's stomach, the heavy tools inside knocking the air out of his lungs. He glared at Damien and looked like he was about to shout something, but instead took a few deep breaths to calm himself and mumbled, "Ouch..."

Once he had recovered, he picked Damien's hat up off the ground. He examined it from multiple angles, nodding silently, then put it on his head. Flashing a grin at Damien, he said, "Eeeyy, thanks for the hat, man!"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Veronica turned her back towards the scene. “Tch... Let’s just get this over with...”

Shy guy

Damien visibly twitched at Simon's response, but said nothing about it. Now that his time had come, he had more pressing concerns.

"I have... to prepare for every eventuality. It's only rational." He said, more to himself than anything. "I do not care for any of you, and of course you care nothing for me either. But that doesn't mean we can't strike a deal. I have nothing to lose, and only everything to gain."

"My grandma, she lives in my shop; look it up, you will easily find it. I request only that someone, even just one of you here, checks up on her, makes sure she's alright. You all hate me, and justifiably so, but she has nothing to do with that. If I am to die soon, then all I can do is make that request and hope it gets taken up. A possibility of success is always better than the certainty of failure."

"And here's what I offer in return - information. Information that may help you all escape from here." He began to speak faster, so that Monokuma couldn't cut him off.
" 'Beware the Ultimate _man.'
'You must expose the one behind it all to escape.' And, finally,
'Throw their own words back at them for victory.'
These are the notes I found, and destroyed. I do not know how they will help, but a possibility of success is always better than the certainty of failure."

"Let's give it everything we've got. It's... punishment time!"

Spoiler: Final Countdown
Damien has his hands and feet tied up. Monokuma grabs him with a giant pair of tweezers. He brings Damien to a giant clock, facing straight up. He puts Damien on the clock hands... but he falls off. Monokuma tries again. Damien falls off. Frustrated, Monokuma hits a button. The clock face vanishes, and a digital one appears in its place. Monokuma smirks, and the clock reads 23:59:50. Damien just sits there, the face of the now digital clock heating up. A huge storm of electricity shoots out. It homes in on Damien, every volt surging and frying his body. The electricity shines brighter and brighter until...

The students, Monokuma, and Monomi, shield their eyes. The bright white light engulfs everyone. And then, it all just ends. All that remains, are the charred remains of Damien. The clock now shows 00:00:00.

Chapter 4 End
7 Students Remain

"And since you have the other notes, here, lemme read out the floor 5 one:

Discover the truth, and make the bold move.”

Sock

"You're weaker than us..." Raymond at last replied to the quite dead Damien. He then turns his head away from the rest of the class, pondering Damien's last Request and the info he gave.

"Good riddance." Yuma spat. "Killing someone for your own sake, and killing someone for a greater cause....it's different. It is what differentiates Ray and me from mere murderers."

ASCEND

Simon sighs, lowering the brim of his top hat over his eyes, and says, "Y'know, I don't condone his actions, but he had a point. Damien would've kept on building clocks if none of this shit had happened. You guys bumped off dozens of people for money before you even came here. Perhaps it's not the same thing, but you can't justify everything you've done over some 'greater cause.'"
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

A dark expression passed over Yuma's face. "If you are a money gobbler, don't assume everyone is. I don't want to speak for Ray, but from what he told me he never got money out of his job. And while it's true I got money from mine, I never used it much or cared about it." He turned away. "Think well before speaking of things you don't know."

ASCEND

Simon laughs and says, "Alright, alright, I get it! You guys are total saints, sorry! I'll be sure not to make any more hasty judgments, and maybe in return you can stop hastily judging me every five seconds! Wouldn't that be nice?!"

Sock

"Money?" Raymond laughs. "You're certainly one to talk. He might have been your friend, but I'm sure Damien made it clear that you aren't his. Just stick to trying to salvage your mess of a career."

Ohishi pointedly ignored the idiotic bickering and looked to the ceiling with a sigh.

"Sir Cain Fitzgerald.
A kind soul, taken too soon.
May you find peace now."

She closed her fan and turned to leave the courtroom.

ASCEND

“Ah, how quickly you resort to insults, Ray,” Simon says. “It’s real funny man… Real, real funny.”

Liifting the brim of his hat, Simon glares at Ray, grinning, and snaps, “Hey, guys, remember when ol’ Ray announced that he wanted to make friends with everyone? And remember when poor, naïve Simon thought he actually meant it? But alas, as soon as Simon did something that could even remotely be construed as annoying or weird, Ray and his buddies pounced on it like a pack of starved hyenas, making Simon wonder why he even bothered in the first place!”

Simon shrugs and says, “I tried to change, man, and it was real tough, since I rarely had human interaction beyond that Twitch chat. Have you all tried to change? Cause it seems to me that you’re still jerks on the inside! If you wanna live like jerks and die like jerks, I don't care, but stop trying to pretend otherwise!” Having said his piece, Simon turns away from the group and heads for the elevator.

Sock

Raymond clenched his fist and stood at his podium, not saying a word.
Re: Danganronpa F2: Prisoner's Dilemma- Ch. 5 Daily LifeTopic%20Title

[nothing here]

Last edited by Lone on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm so... so sorry that ya had to fall for someone like me." she said softly. "But thank you fer remindin' me o' somethin' that I forgot while I was here: I stand aside for no man. I'm not gonna just survive. I'll win this game. I'll win it not fer you, but fer me. Thank you."

She turned around from her podium and left for the elevator. Constantine obediently followed her.

Last edited by MechaQdogg on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

No one bothered going to the cafeteria the morning after. Seven of them remained, less than half of what they started with. Going would just remind them of all who had died thus far. And there was still more to come. The class went straight to the fifth floor. As expected, it had opened up for them.

Spoiler: Floor 5
"Oh my," says Maribelle.

The floor was one circular room. No stairs leading up either. This appears to be the top floor. The ceiling is a glass dome, the bright morning sun visible through it. The floor is a black and white checkerboard pattern. Most concerning however, are the sculptures. They are all on pedestals hastily placed around the perimeter of the room. Behind them, are cardboard boxes, filled with chiseling equipment and uncut blocks of marble.

"G-guys," says Veronica. "Th-these statues, have you seen them?"

The rest of the class glances around. Several of them gasp as they finally understand. The sculptures, the busts, are of their dead classmates. Bud, Chisami, Rina, Liza, Azurine, Mikael, Colin, and Cain.

"But why no Damien?" asks Aria.

"They haven't finished his," says Yuma. "Or he doesn't get one for betraying us."

Equally as concerning, are the empty pedestals, just standing there. Raymond goes up and places his hand on one. He closes his eyes and breathes out.

"They plan on making more, of us..." he says. "I don't know what they're playing at."

"I-I don't like it," says Simon. "I dunno why. It rubs me the wrong way."

The class nods in agreement. They silently head downstairs.

Spoiler: Motive
"Hey!" Monokuma was waiting for them on the first floor. "How did you like my art? Pretty neat, don't you think?"

Ohishi looks at him:

"It was disturbing, makes us feel all weird inside, why must you do this?"

"Upupu. Because it's fun. And speaking of fun... motive time!"

The class goes quiet. These are never good.

"Why now?" says Veronica. "You always waited a day or two before."

"Eh," says Monokuma. "I figured you wouldn't have much to do with the fifth floor. So I figured why not. Now, the motive:

Whoever kills another classmate, can ensure the eternal safety of one person. This does not include another classmate."

Raymond scoffs.

"Yeah, sure. And how the hell are you gonna do that?"

Monokuma takes out an amulet. He puts it in Maribelle's pocket. He then throws a rock at her. A force field appears and deflects it. Monokuma puts on some goggles and brings out pepper spray. He sprays it at her. The force field sucks it up, leaving Maribelle unharmed.

"So ya see?" says Monokuma, taking the amulet back. If you kill someone, I will make sure this amulet reaches a loved one of your choosing. You don't even have to overcome the class trial. Just so long as you kill someone. Oh, and keeping the amulet for yourself is fair game too. Upupu, have fun!"

Maribelle tried not to react, but when she came upon the bust of Colin, she visibly shuddered. Trying to cover her reaction with conversation, she said, "Does it look like there're only 15 bust pedestals as well? Maybe Yuma was right about Damien not gettin' his own."

"Maybe someone was never meant to have a pedestal..." Yuma looked down. "A...mastermind? It would make sense if they were never intended to die."

A new dawn.

Aria gladly turned away from the statues to look at the other two. "But have we not already ruled out that one among us is the mastermind? By checking the fingerprints at the boat scanner?"

ASCEND

"HA!" Simon shouts, "Joke's on you, Monokuma! Your stupid motive won't work on me, cause I don't have any friends!"

He bursts out in hysterical laughter, which quickly devolves into melodramatic crying.

Veronica looks at the statues in disgust. "Tch... I'm guessing Monokuma will stop us if we try and smash them. Let's cover them up or something. They're disturbing..."

"Why even bother?
There's nothing else on that floor.
So just ignore it."

Ohishi folded her arms and closed her eyes for a few moments, then opened them again and spoke flatly.

"I invite you all.
If you wish to end this 'game...'
Come see me later."

She departed; if anyone happened to follow, they would see her head to the cafeteria.

Maribelle walked briskly to follow Ohishi down the stairs. She seemed neither unwilling to let Ohishi go without responding to her bold declaration, but at once couldn't quite find the words to follow them up.

Hearing steps behind her, Ohishi paused, then spun around and smiled brightly at the girl following.

"Durham, good timing!
You wanted to learn dishes?
We're making rice balls."

Despite her confusion, Maribelle couldn't help but match her smile, if not quite as brightly. "Er... Yeah, that sounds good. I'll be happy to learn from ya 'n help out! But what about what ya just said up there? Does this have anythin' to do with yer endin' the game?"

She blinked, looking equally confused at the question.

"Not directly, no.
I anticipate guests soon.
I've no food or drink."

"Right! Of course!" Maribelle said, slightly embarrassed. "Of course I'll help-- to the cafeteria, right?"

She took the lead and started walking towards the cafeteria.

A new dawn.

Despite disliking the statues, Aria couldn't resist looking at them one last time. She then left the room and walked in the direction the other two had, curious about what Ohishi had meant by her statement.

Ohishi lingered briefly after Maribelle headed off to see if anyone else was coming; once she'd caught sight of Aria, she raised her hand in greeting, then continued to the cafeteria.

She began cooking some rice there and located some umeboshi to put inside the balls once it was time to form them.

ASCEND

Bored of the awkward silence on the fifth floor, Simon quickly left in order to make his way to the potentially more interesting cafeteria.

On his way, he stopped at the Ultimate Livestreamer RC to retrieve his camera from where it had been charging. On the way out, he glanced at Damien's hat, which rested on the floor.

Overcome with feels, he stopped and stared at it solemnly. Addressing the hat, Simon mumbled, "Don't worry, man... I'm gonna get you back to Vanessa, I swear... And maybe for once I'll skip the exciting parts."

Then he ran out of the RC, heading for the cafeteria.

“Can’t you just tell us while we’re all here...?” Veronica asked no one in particular, as she left the fifth floor, and made her way to the cafeteria with Giles following behind her.

"What are these idiots up to...?" Yuma sighed loudly. "Still, I can't allow them to get hurt." He muttered as he left the room without a trace, hiding out of view.

As Ohishi showed Maribelle (and Aria?) how to form the onigiri, she noticed Simon enter the cafeteria, followed by Veronica and Yuma. She blinked at the new arrivals.

"You've arrived early.
I still need to get some tea.
Pardon my absence."

She quite literally left the rice in the other girls' hands and hurried off to the storage room for the quality leaves she preferred, then brought them back to the cafeteria. She set the few rice balls that were finished on a large platter, then set it on one of the tables and returned to the cooking area to start brewing tea.

ASCEND

"Wait, what's all this about 'ending the game?'" Simon asks, "I mean, I like drinking tea as much as the next guy, but I still don't see what we're trying to accomplish here."

“I’m with Simon.” Veronica says, agreeing with the livestreamer. “Why did you have us all come down here?”

Maribelle looked at the unformed mass of rice in her hand, and chuckled a little bit, as she set to carefully mold it into the triangle-shape that Ohishi had showed her. She then wrapped it in the dried seaweed ribbon she'd heard Ohishi refer to as "no-ree". After she was satisfied, she moved onto the next.

"Now, that ain't so hard." she muttered, repeating the process until there were about a dozen or so.
Page 70 of 78 [ 3111 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 78  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus