Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 71 of 78[ 3111 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 78  Next

Re: Danganronpa F2: Prisoner's Dilemma- Ch. 5 Daily LifeTopic%20Title

Once the tea has steeped, Ohishi poured several cups and set them at the table. She took a seat, closed her eyes, and calmly took a sip from her own cup.

"Why did I call you?
To communicate, of course.
We've much to discuss."

She sighed and opened her eyes.

"There's been too much death.
I'm not sure how to stop it.
But one thing's certain.

"The motives, Traynor...
All were meant to create rifts.
Divided we fall.

"This wretched villain;
They don't want us united.
Why not defy them?"

She threw a glance in Yuma's direction before continuing.

"Let me be quite clear.
I'm not fond of some of you.
You know who you are.

"Still, I'll work with you.
I feel this shall help us all.
We'll find a way out."

Ohishi set her cup down and looked around the room at the other students.

"Traynor mentioned clues.
Have you dwelled on their meanings?
Please share any thoughts."

"So basically you wanna do what Raymond did?" Veronica asks, taking a sip from her cup of tea. "Fine. Let's try this again, I guess."

A new dawn.

Quote:
Ohishi lingered briefly after Maribelle headed off to see if anyone else was coming; once she'd caught sight of Aria, she raised her hand in greeting, then continued to the cafeteria.

Aria waved back to Ohishi and followed the two to the cafeteria, where she watched carefully as she and Maribelle were shown how to make an onigiri.

Left with the rice, she worked as Ohishi had taught them, pressing the rice so that the umeboshi would stay inside and slowly shaping it into a triangle.

Quote:
"Traynor mentioned clues.
Have you dwelled on their meanings?
Please share any thoughts."

"'You must expose the one behind it all to escape'," Aria repeated as she finished making her part of the rice balls. "This one looks self-explanatory. We must find who did this, even if clues do not seem readily available. The other notes... I wonder what the writer could have meant by using Monokuma's words against him..."

"What Mr. Vermont did - you are referring to that introduction and secret-telling session, correct? It was not that effective though, so how would we go about doing it this time?"

Last edited by DarkAgea on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maribelle brought out a tray with the onigiri arranged along the exterior, and the interior had slices of mango. The tray, over all, looked like a miniature sun.

"I don't reckon what Ohishi's suggestin' isn't quite like what Raymond had in mind." she said, taking a seat after laying out the tray and plates. "Raymond seemed to wanna get to know us all. I'm guessin' to ferret out the traitor, but I'm not sure, 'course."

"On the other hand-- the messages." Maribelle said. "Odds're good they were written by Bud, right? We know he made it to the fourth floor before us all, so he seems like the obvious choice. As fer the content of the messages, I find at least one of 'em a little weird. The first one we received was on the second floor, right? 'Beware the ___man', or some such. Right?"

"But... why? Yeah, Yuma lied initially about his talent, but so far 's I can tell, he hasn't even considered murderin' anyone but me. An' I'm still here." she said. "Was that note really intended to warn us about him? Or was it supposed to be for someone else?"

ASCEND

Simon remarks, "Yeah, Bud probably set out all those messages... but I do wonder where he got all this information. Was there some secret tome of legendary knowledge lying around somewhere that he tripped over?"

"As for that note," Simon continues, "Maybe Bud found out that a deranged mailman was secretly behind this entire thing? I dunno, there's too many possibilities here, and most of them are even more stupid than that one."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"I'm pretty sure that message was about me. It was probably for Maribelle, I had her marked as my target. But..." Yuma looked away. "Colin is such a bastard, messing with my job."

A new dawn.

Aria searched through the sweets in the cafeteria. Finding some jalebi, she placed them on a separate smaller tray and put it next to Maribelle's, then sat down at the table.

Quote:
"I don't reckon what Ohishi's suggestin' isn't quite like what Raymond had in mind." she said, taking a seat after laying out the tray and plates. "Raymond seemed to wanna get to know us all. I'm guessin' to ferret out the traitor, but I'm not sure, 'course."

"We are still talking about when some of us assembled because Mr. Vermont used a whistle, correct? Because at that time, the news of the traitor had not yet been revealed to us, if I recall correctly."

"True, Mr. Lau is the most likely person to write those notes... but the passage only goes from the first floor to the fourth. And when we were in each floor, the door to the upper floor was locked. So when Mr. Lau went to floor 4, how could he have gone down to floor 3 when it was locked? It could be that the door is only locked from one side, but did we ever confirm that?"

Quote:
"As for that note," Simon continues, "Maybe Bud found out that a deranged mailman was secretly behind this entire thing? I dunno, there's too many possibilities here, and most of them are even more stupid than that one."

"Yes, there are worse options," Aria agreed. "But there are also better ones, so why did you have to go for something that... silly?"

Salem wrote:
"So basically you wanna do what Raymond did?" Veronica asks, taking a sip from her cup of tea. "Fine. Let's try this again, I guess."

Ohishi frowned and took another drink of tea.

"You've misunderstood.
This is cooperation.
It's not for friendship.

"Some here have wronged me.
They've not attempted amends.
So why befriend them?

"I'm not like Traynor.
I don't fake or force friendships.
We can still ally."

She reached for one of the onigiri at about the same time Aria placed the plate of orange-colored sweets down; after hesitating momentarily, her hand changed course and plucked one of the jalebi. She took a bite and hummed softly to herself.

"Did Lau leave the notes?
It does seem rather likely;
Yet I still have doubts.

"Recall the bear's words.
'I know who is doing it.'
As in, present tense.

"If, after Lau passed,
New messages were hidden,
They could not be his."

ASCEND

DarkAgea wrote:
"Yes, there are worse options," Aria agreed. "But there are also better ones, so why did you have to go for something that... silly?"

"Well geez, you don't have to be mean about it!" Simon replied. "Fine, here's a better idea that I'll hopefully come up with in the time it takes me to finish this sentence."

"So yeah, the person who made the notes probably had to be alive when Monokuma said his thing. But what if Bud was still alive? No, he didn't survive getting attacked by the sharks, that would be stupid. Y'see, what had actually happened was that he found a secret passage on the third floor with a time machine that he accidentally blew up, sending him fifty years forward in time. But the universe was trying to fix itself, so he was periodically sent backwards by entire days at a time. He was effectively living life backwards!

"So then he managed to figure out everything that happened to us by looking it up on Wikipedia, and he also read about all those notes and decided that he was probably the one who left them. His research ALSO told him how he died and who killed him, so he knew that once he finally returned to his own time, he would still have to ensure his own demise! So then he went back here, left all the notes or whatever, and then returned, only to have his life tragically taken from him! May we never forget this sacrifice Bud made so that we could one day escape!"

Simon sighs and mumbles, "Nah, that one was equally bad. Maybe I'm just not cut out for this kinda stuff..."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Vinny_Valens wrote:
"I'm pretty sure that message was about me. It was probably for Maribelle, I had her marked as my target. But..." Yuma looked away. "Colin is such a bastard, messing with my job."

Maribelle frowned. "Ya could stand to sound a bit less disappointed that I'm still among the livin', if'n it's all the same to you." she said. "Besides, it doesn't make much sense that anyone left that note fer me in a place they knew I couldn't find."

DarkAgea wrote:
"We are still talking about when some of us assembled because Mr. Vermont used a whistle, correct? Because at that time, the news of the traitor had not yet been revealed to us, if I recall correctly."

"Hmmm..." said Maribelle. "Sorry, I didn't know that. I wasn't with you all at the time you heard the motive. Anyhow, it's as Ohishi says-- this ain't a teambuilding exercise- there's a mystery, 'n' we need to solve it."

Vinny_Valens wrote:

Ohishi narrowed her eyes as she finished her jalebi.

"I'm sorry, what's that?
You'd planned to murder Durham?
Care to clarify?"

She looked around the cafeteria again and blinked.

"Did Vermont not come?
So then he's off on his own?
...Well, it's up to him."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Vinny_Valens wrote:

Ohishi narrowed her eyes as she finished her jalebi.

"I'm sorry, what's that?
You'd planned to murder Durham?
Care to clarify?"

She looked around the cafeteria again and blinked.

"Did Vermont not come?
So then he's off on his own?
...Well, it's up to him."

"Guess not. Maybe he'll show up later."

"That's between me and drills, and no one else's businesses. But if you're worried, I won't carry out this mission." Yuma replied to Ohishi.

She sighed in annoyance.

"Then why mention it?
For a supposed hitman,
Your lips are quite loose."

Sock

After wandering the school without another soul in sight, Raymond makes his way to the cafeteria, opening the doors to see the rest of his surviving classmates.

"Oh. Is there a party or something?" Raymond approaches everyone else, rather awkwardly. "Hope I'm not intruding."

Yuma scowled at Ohishi, but immediately ignored her when he saw Raymond. "Ah! Not exactly, Ohishi told us to come here so we can get introduced to each other and be allies, like you did back then."

Last edited by Vinny_Valens on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sock

Raymond nods. "Alright. Sounds like a good idea. Where do we start, then?"

A new dawn.

Quote:
"Well geez, you don't have to be mean about it!" Simon replied.

"... you think that is mean? After all the time you spent here?"

"How about something simpler?" Aria suggested after his explanation. "Like, say, Mr. Lau, working for the... law as he had, received a hint that such an incident like this would happen, and was placed here by his government to find out who was doing this. Just a random guess, of course."

Quote:
"Hmmm..." said Maribelle. "Sorry, I didn't know that. I wasn't with you all at the time you heard the motive. Anyhow, it's as Ohishi says-- this ain't a teambuilding exercise- there's a mystery, 'n' we need to solve it."

"Oh, yes, you were not there. You need not apologise, Ms. Durham. About solving the mystery... if it was one of us, then they must have known about the secret passage or another way to reach the other floors. But if it was not, then would we not have found something of a seventeenth person here? Eighteen, if the mastermind is also present and not a part of our current group."

"Hello, Mr. Vermont," she greeted Raymond. "We had been discussing the mystery of the notes. Do you have anything to share?"

Ohishi actually recoiled in shock at Yuma's explanation. She shook her head and muttered to herself behind her fan.

"...Are all of them deaf?
Prone to selective hearing?
Or simply stupid?"

She sipped her tea, then reached for a rice ball, taking a moment to look them over before nodding her approval.

"Great work, Durham, Hayes!
I'm not sure who made which ones;
All appear perfect!"

After taking a bite from the one she selected, she addressed Raymond.

"The notes Traynor found:
Have you any thoughts on them?
I'd like to end this."

"I do tend to not hear people whose existence I don't acknowledge, forgive me for that." Yuma smirked

Sock

"Hm.. Right. The notes."

Raymond thinks for a moment. "Beware the Ultimate ___Man.. If it was Hitman as we expected, then why did he not say so near the end? It must've been addressing someone else, I think."

Ignoring Yuma's retort, Ohishi pursed her lips.

"Our talents are known...
Is someone else hiding here?
A seventeenth man?"

ASCEND

"Wait, so the original message had the blank in it, right?" Simon says, "If so, this 'counter-traitor' guy must be a real piece a' work. What kinda guy gives us cryptic messages and then leaves out the most important detail?!"

Sock

"Seventeen.. I'm doubtful. Out of us, what words with "Man" can be used to describe us..? They might've meant something like that."

"What if it wasn't a missin' detail?" mused Maribelle. "What if '___man' is a correct, undamaged, correct readin' of it? 'Course, I reckon I don't really know what a 'blank man' is, but..."

She felt incoming stares and became somewhat flustered. "W-well it's just a thought."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Great work, Durham, Hayes!
I'm not sure who made which ones;
All appear perfect!"

"Aw, shucks! Thanks!" Maribelle seemed all-too-happy to change the subject. "I just did it the way ya taught me, 'n' it all seemed to work out! I'm glad ya like 'em."

"What if it was 'Beware the Ultimate Repairman...?'" Veronica asks. "No, that's stupid. Maybe it's Boogieman? Hmmm.... It's too vague. Maybe it was just Hitman after all."

Sock

MechaQdogg wrote:
"What if it wasn't a missin' detail?" mused Maribelle. "What if '___man' is a correct, undamaged, correct readin' of it? 'Course, I reckon I don't really know what a 'blank man' is, but..."

She felt incoming stares and became somewhat flustered. "W-well it's just a thought."

"I haven't thought of it like that." Raymond replies. "It could be possible, I suppose."

Raymond then shakes his head. "What about the other messages? We might have more luck there.."
Re: Danganronpa F2: Prisoner's Dilemma- Ch. 5 Deadly LifeTopic%20Title

Spoiler: 11 am
The seven remaining students gather in the gymnasium. They huddle in a circle.

“So there’s a mastermind behind this,” says Maribelle. “An’ is there a way we can stop ‘em?”
Ohishi says: “Ah but the rules here, it says this goes on until, five of us remain.”
“So like, how much time do we have?” asks Simon.
“Monokuma…” says Veronica. “Monokuma told me he’d force us to kill again very soon no matter what.”
“To end the killing game,” says Raymond. “We must find the mastermind. Else, suffer another class trial.”

Yuma goes off to keep Monokuma distracted while the rest of the class discuss ways to stop the mastermind.

Spoiler: 1 pm
Five students huff and puff on the first floor. The gas leak on the second floor had caused all kinds of trouble. Raymond, Maribelle, and Simon had gas masks on. It appeared safe now, so they removed them.

“W-where’s Ohishi and Aria?” asks Simon.

The class glances around until:

“Ding dong ding dong

A body has been discovered!"

Everyone is silent. No matter how many times they hear it, it was all the same. Chills all around. They file out uniform and see it.

There is a charred corpse sitting right in front of the Haiku RC. The final few flames are still flickering, but the kimono is unmistakable. Ohishi, was dead.

Veronica comes rushing over from the boathouse. She takes one look at Ohishi and begins sobbing.

“Hey.. let’s get Aria,” says Simon.

Ray, Maribelle, and Simon himself head upstairs. They put their gas masks back on along the way. Yuma and Veronica stay by Ohishi’s side, both looking absolutely devastated.

“Ding dong ding dong

A body has been discovered!"

Yuma and Veronica jump. What? But…

“MONOMI!” Veronica calls. “GAS MASKS.”

Monomi pops up and hands them gas masks.

Veronica and Yuma head up the stairs and see the remaining students gathered by the Flautist RC.

There she lays, face first in her water fountain, water slowly trickling down. The BDA didn’t lie. Aria too, was dead.

ASCEND

"A- ANOTHER ONE?" Simon shouts, his face pale. "OH MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL?! I THINK I'M GONNA BE SICK!"

"Let's do this, for the last time..." Yuma looked off to the side.

ASCEND

"W- WAIT!" Simon shouts, pulling out his handbook and scrolling through it quickly. He taps the screen and says, "Rule 9, right here! It says this stupid thing will end when 'five students remain!' D- Doesn't that mean we can just go?"

"Upupupupu. Yes, after this class trial the remaining students will participate in the graduation exam. So, find that killer. Here, the Monokuma File #5."

Monokuma hands the file to Raymond. He reads it out:

The victims were Ohishi Jinno, the Ultimate Haiku Author, and Aria Hayes the Ultimate Flautist.

Time of death: Between noon and 1 pm.

Sock

"There's almost no information here.."

Raymond clenches his fist. "Dammit! Two of them too.. How could this happen!?"

ASCEND

"Well, that was a fat load of no help at all." Simon remarks, referring to the Monokuma File.

"Anyway, we should probably get to talkin' about where we all were." Simon explains, "Before lunch, I started checkin' out all the RC's to see if I could find anything that could be useful. I recorded the whole thing too, just in case. Obviously, the Hitman and Vigilante RC's had the most potential.

"Then we all ate lunch, and I came up with a plan. After lunch, I went back to Hitman RC and got a machete. Then I headed to the Vigilante RC and looked for night vision goggles and a smoke bomb, but all I could find were the goggles. Then I went to the headmaster's office. Basically, I was hoping to break down the door with the machete, then blind the mastermind and beat the shit out of 'em, but the door wouldn't budge.

"Around that time, Monomi showed up and told me about the gas leak. I went back to the RC's and returned the objects, and then I saw the gas masks in the Hitman RC. So, I put one of those on and headed through the 2nd floor. There was some kinda weird blockade in front of the stairs, but I just stepped over it. Then, I got to the first floor and found you guys. That's about it."

Sock

"Blockade? And you have no idea what it was?" Raymond asks. "Which stairs was it on?"

Veronica wiped the tears from her eyes. “The mastermind is going to pay. I’ll make sure of it...” She looked at the corpse of Aria. “I’m sorry I couldn’t get to the mastermind sooner...” She says, somewhat quietly. “I could have prevented more pointless deaths...”

ASCEND

Kachu wrote:
"Blockade? And you have no idea what it was?" Raymond asks. "Which stairs was it on?"

"The stairs between the 3rd and 2nd floors," Simon explains. "It was some kinda 'Monokuma-brand' thing. I don't really know what the deal was with that, honestly."

Sock

Raymond nods. "Ah, right."

He continues. "I spend most of my time on the third and second floors trying to look for some clues we might've missed. I don't remember when, but I recall hearing a faint hissing noise at some point, down on the second floor. I knew what that meant right away. Ran up to the Hitman RC to grab a gas mask. Didn't see anyone else at the time. Using the mask I poked around the second floor some more. I must've totally missed that blockade before it was even put there. Nothing turned up so I eventually moved to the first floor."

Monomi, wearing a baseball cap backwards, sitting on the floor and hitting a bong, gave the class a thumbs up.

"Looks like Ohishi...
The lady with the haikus...
Wanted to get LIT."

She took a huff out of her bong and then chuckled over a funny joke she had heard just seconds earlier.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
Monomi, wearing a baseball cap backwards, sitting on the floor and hitting a bong, gave the class a thumbs up.

"Looks like Ohishi...
The lady with the haikus...
Wanted to get LIT."

She took a huff out of her bong and then chuckled over a funny joke she had heard just seconds earlier.

"Would you get out of here?!" Veronica yells at Monomi. "It's not funny!"

She sighs. "Before all of this started I was in my research center, trying to come up with a potion to end this stupid game. Eventually I heard everyone in the cafeteria, and ate that stupid rabbit's pancakes. After that I went back to my research center again, until she popped up." She pointed to Monomi as she spoke. "She said something about a gas leak on the second floor, and disappeared. After that I realized I forgot to feed Giles, so I went out to the boathouse to grab a can of tuna. I saw Ohishi as I was leaving the school, but she was acting a bit weird. She said she felt something was off, but didn't know what it was. After that I continued towards the boathouse, and as I was walking there I looked behind me one last time and saw her head into her cottage. I also saw a white scarf in a window above the school and thought it was weird, but I ignored it. After that I finally went into the boathouse, and now here we are."
Page 71 of 78 [ 3111 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 78  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus