Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 3[ 111 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Danganronpa F5 Post-Game ThreadTopic%20Title

Congrats to Kachu and Panda for hosting! I enjoyed the game a lot, even though I eventually got burnt out due to the length and pacing.

I'd say the strongest moments for Rose were in Chapter 2 and Chapter 3, since after then I became busier IRL as I didn't expect the game to go on for so long. I enjoyed the cast, and I managed to get a feel for everyone other than Hoshiko as she wasn't very active throughout the game.

Anyways that's all I have to say, I'll try to write my ending after come back from my school trip.

Shy guy

I don't think the F games need a shake-up, but I think a shake-up would make things more exciting than otherwise, which has admittedly been missing for a while now.

Kachu wrote:
Also, Panda and I originally planned for the ending to be a little different, if Skylar/Olivia ended up living, she'd opt to upload herself into a computer in the same way Gawain was, and use her new abilities to completely destroy Project Eden, or something along the lines of that. And if Skylar/Olivia was voted to die, Gawain would end up doing that instead. Though we ended up with the vote being for Skylar/Olivia to live, and WC didn't want that to happen for Skylar. I don't quite remember why we didn't have Gawain do it in the end, but that ended up not happening either. I'm not too sure how much of a difference that would have ended up making though.

I also didn't want Skylar to die, wasn't just WinterCoat's idea. By then I'd changed my mind about the original ending idea, and felt it would be much better to respect the decision the players made rather than pull out something weird and undo it anyway.

Also Gawain couldn't do it because he was bound by Alabaster programming to be unceasingly loyal to Project Eden.

Lone wrote:
I'll admit, Nina's final rebuttal was weirdly executed too. Should have just stuck to the anatomy differences and stuff. Still, it was fun having the killer actually put up a bit of a fight for once. And I figured the Ultimate Juvenile Delinquent should pose somewhat of a challenge at least, so I was happy the only lifeline usage was on her.

I actually wasn't too bothered by the random relationships suddenly brought to light in the final chapter. It's been a thing since F1 to be fair. My issue in F1 was that there was no way for us to deduce that Sakura was lying to cover for Sayako in 1-4 without knowing that they had a relationship going on, which I know Slezak, Matt, and myself didn't know about. Matt being inactive, and not even learning about it until F3, but Slezak and I not until it was explicitly mentioned on Discord after. I don't know if Pancakes or Mecha knew about it, but they certainly didn't bring it up in that trial at least. So yeah, since none of these random relationships negatively affected the trials in any way, I didn't mind them too much. Just a bunch of things that happened really.

The 'anatomy differences' wouldn't have made sense as an argument anyway, as the reality is Vic's body really was masquerading as a sleeping Nana, so there were no body shape differences to be seen. Or if there were they were obfuscated by distance and the jacket. It's not that her argument would be a lie, it's that her argument doesn't even fit the situation as she really could switch places regardless of her body shape, her body shape didn't come into account.

And I know it's off-topic, but you didn't need to deduce that Sakura and Sayako had any amount of positive feelings towards one another to prove Sayako did it. Just follow the evidence and it leads to one conclusion, Sayako did it, therefore Sakura was lying. I don't think a single other player took issue with that.

KamiPanda wrote:
The 'anatomy differences' wouldn't have made sense as an argument anyway, as the reality is Vic's body really was masquerading as a sleeping Nana, so there were no body shape differences to be seen. Or if there were they were obfuscated by distance and the jacket. It's not that her argument would be a lie, it's that her argument doesn't even fit the situation as she really could switch places regardless of her body shape, her body shape didn't come into account.

Yeah, exactly. Like with the canon DR games and AA games, the killer struggles and comes up with arguments that really don't fool anybody barring maybe the judge, but he's supposed to be super naive and gullible so. The tote bag in DR2-3 being the biggest example, where it doesn't really fit with any of Hinata's arguments up until that point, but shows the desperation from the killer and gives the feeling of slowly taking them down. In the case of the 5-2 trial, the class quickly pointed out that it didn't really matter, as Hinata did the tote bag, so I was fine with the way that turned out and in hindsight, just wished I made Nina confess then and there.

KamiPanda wrote:
And I know it's off-topic, but you didn't need to deduce that Sakura and Sayako had any amount of positive feelings towards one another to prove Sayako did it. Just follow the evidence and it leads to one conclusion, Sayako did it, therefore Sakura was lying. I don't think a single other player took issue with that.

Alright, I think I need to explain myself better. My specific issue with that ship, and not with any future ships that kinda came out of nowhere (YumaxVeronica, all the F5 ones, thankfully KerixUrumi was properly expressed in-thread) is that our not knowing of the ship could have had a negative impact on a trial. After all, while we did vote for Sayako in the end because the evidence pointed to it, we didn't manage to deduce Sakura was lying, and even if we could, we wouldn't know why, thus making it harder for us to believe it was a lie. Even in the post-trial, the characters wound up saying 'Sakura, you're lying', but we were never told why. I remember being quite confused when first reading that, needing the explanation out-of-game on Discord to understand why she was lying. F1-4 is still my favorite F1 case, so that moment didn't take away from the mysteries or anything, just found that one bit at the end a bit off-putting story-wise due to being unable to understand why just from the thread alone.

Shy guy

It's not that the argument doesn't fool anyone, it's that the argument isn't one that even makes sense for Nina to say. Like if in F1-2 SiRReN had said "okay but it's impossible for me to cosplay as a guy", which isn't true in the first place in-universe. It's not an argument someone needs to disprove, as the "proof" is just "actually yeah it's possible". It's vacuously true.

As for the Sakura thing, you don't need love to want to save someone. It's got nothing to do with ships and romance. Sometimes people just don't want someone else to die. It's especially true in F1-4 due to the tragic circumstances surrounding the killer: in F5-1, it's not too strange to imagine someone doing the same for Vic, given how much it totally wasn't his fault and how little he deserved punishment. I think you're just putting blame on the ship instead of what might have actually been the issue, as it wasn't the ship that caused it.

ASCEND

How do you even remember these details about the canon games

While the games certainly don't need a change-up, I can't see them really improving from this point without one. I think these games are just sorta undergoing the equivalent of seasonal rot. I did get this impression of just general apathy, especially in the main thread, and I guess that can be blamed mostly on the pacing but I'm not sure it's really appropriate to say that's all it was. So many developments in these games have been done before or done better which might make people less willing to do things, and I don't think anyone was ever excited or worried about the trial beyond just the fact that it meant redemption from the dwindling daily life, because the trials would ultimately just the be same sorta thing we've seen before.

I think these games just have such an inherently predictable formula that it's hard to get excited about them. While I think the removal of RNG elements and the addition of the survey were good for improving the overall narrative quality of these games, I also get the impression that they've allowed this sort of passive attitude to fester. You don't really have to do anything to survive; just participate in trials and be generally unhelpful in the survey. And there's really no reason to worry about what happens next since it probably won't impact your character anyway.

I don't really know how a problem like this would be fixed. Some sort of huge shake-up could maybe get veterans more excited about their character again, but some work might also need to be done to the format itself. Or maybe a bunch of veterans will just skip the next one and newcomers will go revive everything idk. I don't particularly subscribe to the belief that F1 is some legendary work of art that will never again be replicated by human hands, but I think just looking at the DLs something has definitely changed.

Maybe I'm just burned out by work or whatever. I think it's obvious that there are enough people who don't have this impression to fill an F6. But even with a long hiatus, how much better would the cast ultimately be than this one?
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

KamiPanda wrote:
It's not that the argument doesn't fool anyone, it's that the argument isn't one that even makes sense for Nina to say. Like if in F1-2 SiRReN had said "okay but it's impossible for me to cosplay as a guy", which isn't true in the first place in-universe. It's not an argument someone needs to disprove, as the "proof" is just "actually yeah it's possible". It's vacuously true.

??? I don't get it.

KamiPanda wrote:
As for the Sakura thing, you don't need love to want to save someone. It's got nothing to do with ships and romance. Sometimes people just don't want someone else to die. It's especially true in F1-4 due to the tragic circumstances surrounding the killer: in F5-1, it's not too strange to imagine someone doing the same for Vic, given how much it totally wasn't his fault and how little he deserved punishment. I think you're just putting blame on the ship instead of what might have actually been the issue, as it wasn't the ship that caused it.

I suppose. I guess another comparison to be drawn would be DR1-2. ie- we knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ishimaru was especially close with Owada, even if not necessarily romantic. Whereas if he'd been defending some random guy, or his chemistry with Mondo wasn't established... well, I'd still buy his lying for just being an idiot, but it wouldn't be as clear why. But in the case of a DR game, if the wrong person is voted for then someone is executed in their place, which makes it harder to buy that someone would lie to cover up someone clearly guilty... there was lying in v3, sure, but that was more for the sake of trying to move the class away from someone who was believed to be innocent. So if it's more of a v3 situation, I'd get it I guess.

@PB thanks for bringing that up actually. The only real difference with F1 was that it was the first. Everything was fresh and we didn't know what to expect next, and there was always a looming fear of danger regarding your character. ie-like being in an actual DR game... I got the feeling in 5-1 at least, that our newcomers had some of this enthusiasm that we had in F1. But yeah, proving your point, WinterCoat mentioned being passive in trials due to plot armor, which was prolly less likely to happen in an F1-F2 setting. I'm also in the boat of a major shake up, but I also don't know what specifically the shake up would need to be.

Happy Maria

Oh yeah, clearly a lot of stuff PB has said is true. I always felt more excited not knowing what anyone else was going to do and it encouraged me to be proactive in the earlier games and submit my murder plans early on... Though it's arguable how good a thing that might have been. But immersion was definitely a problem here and the pacing, while a major cause wasn't the sole one either. I notice that the server in general isn't as active as it used to be during the previous F games, especially the first three. I think the fact that a lot of things, while predetermined should still be made flexible as well. Not a diss to this game, since from what I've heard the GMs were flexible when need be. But I do think something is missing from other DLs. I did like the idea of circumstances changing and the students being caught up in new dilemmas and such. I think more varied motives could also have helped with this, since they might even elicit players to go for the killer role. Stuff like that works better, I think. There should be a decent amount of ad libbing along with some polish.

I think maybe there could also be some restrictions on how characters are? Like not in a bad way but I think it could potentially help players' creative juices in coming up with characters based on something they need to adhere to. The sci-fi theme wasn't a success, obviously, but I mean something more like F3's 'bad thing'. Something more that unifies the characters, I guess. Maybe they all live in the same town, or maybe something involving their backstories. Not the best examples, I'll admit, but there might be some potential there in stuff like that.

Shy guy

I guess RNG victims do make things more tense. Currently I'm never too worried going into a chapter because I know the victim will just be someone who was having activity issues or who wanted to die. It might be ideal to have victims come from a larger possible pool? Though it feels a bit unfair to say that like a few people are immune to being victims because they're helpful in trials and everyone else is fair game. Granted if there's anything that should make you immune from the RNG hammer, it's being notably active.

Regarding trial failures though, I'm not sure what can be done there. Like we haven't even had a trial failure since the very beginning, who's to say the random executee wouldn't have actually been random in the later games too? I don't think its the consequences of the trial that's an issue, it's just that everyone knows by now that a trial will probably be won even if they don't do much.

I guess in theory consequences for characters might be nice. But then again, it did almost nothing for Rose so I dunno. I've gotten the impression ever since F1 that you can try all kinds of things to get people to post better but then it never happens. Like no matter what a GM does, a player posting still requires the actual person to sit down and do it.

@PB I'm not too concerned right now of the age of these games hurting the cast. There are newcomers bringing in new ideas and F4 had a great cast. Some casts will be hit or miss.

RNGing victims also seems sort of impossible. There needs to be a first victim, there's always gonna be inactives, and I imagine final victims are usually preplanned in favor for the story (and then if they aren't it sort of feels like a waste, like in F3). I think there has been enough games to establish someone's posting patterns, and as a result, the arcs of games will really be the same people dying usually.

I think we can wait for F6 before deciding on a major shakeup. Because F4 was a lot of people's favorites, so if this franchise is showing its age, it did so quite suddenly. Not that I'm against some changes (I agree gameplay structure like DL > Trial can use some changes) but one sort of burnt out game isn't really alarming, considering the things that went into it.

ASCEND

GOOD point

I also don't want RNG victims back, but the victims get super predictable just because of who's playing them. Even the killers this game were mostly just people who hadn't killed yet except Althea but the weird trial kinda made that reveal not work as well.

The NGs just tend to be more exciting cause your actions can lead to your death and have a huge impact, even in NG7. Which is really stressful for me but I guess that's healthy. And I haven't played BF but it looks like it was basically the same there. I wish there was a way to replicate that sorta feeling here without compromising the quality of the plot.

I guess sometimes I'm quick to assume everything is my fault when maybe this time stuff out of my control could have been the biggest factor in Eli not really working that well. I guess I t's probably just not worth worrying about now
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Most every game gets half of its problems solved if everybody in the cast participates meaningfully. When GMing it's not really favoritism to pick some of the same players over and over, it's just almost impossible to think about running these without players who are guaranteed to be active. NGs have fewer players too so the cast is just more likely to be active.

Honestly a good idea for the next survey would be to disregard the notion of being a specific-chapter victim/killer. For survey preferences next time it really should just be Ch1 victim/Ch1 killer/2-5 victim/2-5 killer/survivor. That way if you pick victim, you still won't have any idea of when you die. If you pick 2-5 killer it can happen as early as Ch2. The GMs basically are able to more freely tailor the chapters around their crop of characters. It prioritizes participation from players because you don't know exactly when you'll go and it lessens expectations from players plus in the per-chapter system everybody chooses Ch4 killer anyway

> plus in the per-chapter system everybody chooses Ch4 killer anyway 

I know I did

ASCEND

Frickyou

Bobarfle, SC's Mom, and Arby's Prompts when

Happy Maria

I chose chapter 3-5 killer, rip. Wanted to kill this game but turns out that didn't work out.

I don't even remember my mom's prompt lol. Don't think I did a prompt thing for her though. Also the Ultimate Cookworm guy I guess.

If you want to see my Arby's prompt though then here it is. Fair warning though it's like kinda bad so

Spoiler: Evelyn goes to Arby's
“Ahh. What a wonderful day it is”, Scythe says, waking up in her room and looking outside. “The sun is shining wonderfully! People are about the streets! It can only be the perfect time to start dissecting corpses!” She gets up from her bed energetically, and after brushing her teeth and taking a bath, she changes into her usual attire and goes out onto the street, excited to get to work. As she heads out into the street, she whistles cheerily, absentmindedly taking out her scalpel and casually twirling it in her hand, much to the bemusement of some nearby pedestrians. Suddenly she pauses, feeling her stomach growl.

"Dearie me", she coos. "I haven't even had breakfast, have I? This shan't possibly do", she says, shaking her head. "Ah, never mind", she suddenly murmurs, realising the restaurant next to her, labelled "Arby's". She turns to enter the establishment when suddenly a man storms out of the building, clearly infuriated. He appears drunk and has a strange looking shirt of a pickle with a goofy face on it. As he leaves, he notices Scythe and beckons to her.

"Oy, lady! Don't enter there! That ain't McDonald's! You're jussht gonna get dishappointed there if you enter", he slurs somewhat incoherently before stomping off, leaving Scythe extremely confused. "Well, I suppose he must have simply been confused", she tells herself before actually entering the Arby's. As she enters, she sees a rather large queue and sighs. "This might be a bit of a long wait..." She slowly walks to the line and waits in the queue for a while till her order is there. After ordering her food (which is a surprisingly mundane process), she takes her food and goes over to her seat...or at least tries to, before accidentally slipping on a conveniently misplaced banana peel and spilling her food all over the place.

"Oh, for heaven's sakes!", she shrieks in embarrassment, suddenly realising that everyone else is laughing at her. And before she knows it, she suddenly hears a rather authoritative yet irritatingly snobbish voice nearby her. She turns in the direction of the voice and sees one very annoyed waiter yelling at her.

"Oh, you red haired loon! Look at what you've gone and done! This is a complete mess!", he yells irritably, adding to the embarrassment. "You know how long this will take for me to clean up?!"

After reprimanding her some more, the waiter leaves, leaving Scythe to pick herself up and get a new serving of her Arby stuff or whatever. As she eats and tries to forget what just happened, she suddenly views an altercation in the background. "Oh dear, what is it now?" She notices the waiter from before getting into another altercation with another unfortunate customer. "How vile of him", she sighs, getting up and going to him in order to confront him.

"Excuse me, sir", she says, clearing her throat.

The waiter turns around. "What, you again? What on earth do you want now, you numpty?!"

Trying to ignore the waiter's terrible work ethic, Scythe looks at the name tag on his collar. "Er...well, yes, sorry to interrupt...um... Jam?"

"It's James, you cretin!", the waiter yells angrily. "Can't you even read, you illiterate buffoon?"

"Oh, now come on", Scythe responds, clearly getting agonised by the man's very presence. "Is this how you act to your customers all the time or what?"

"Can you blame me? You all act like children all the time anyway, what can I do about it?"

"Excuse me? I'll have you know I'm a coroner at my local district", Scythe responds, getting heated.

"Really?" James raises his eyebrow slightly. "If you treat your bodies like you treat your food, then I fear for the state of this country's law!"

"Isn't that just fitting? If you treat the food you serve like your customers, then it's no wonder the state of these restaurants are going downhill!", Scythe rebuts.

"W-why, you-!" James clenches his fist in anger. "You'll see my lawyer on this!", he shouts before suddenly storming out of the restaurant. Suddenly Scythe realises what she just did and apologises to everyone else for wasting their time. She eats her food finally and goes to her workplace.

"Ah, w-welcome, Dr. Scythe!" The patrolman at the station salutes her, though still wary of the scalpel in her hand. "Yes, well, hello, Bailey", Scythe responds drily before entering.

"Ah, finally, you're here!" Her coworker greets her enthusiastically. "Took you long enough."

"Yes, my apologies, Doctor. I'm ready to begin now", Scythe responds, pulling out her handkerchief and putting it over her mouth like a mask.

The day goes by as Scythe inspects more bodies when suddenly, another arrives. Her eyes widen when she sees who it was.

"Dearie me, what happened to this poor soul?", she asks.

"Got into a fight with his lawyer", her coworker responds. "didn't turn out very well for him."

"...Yes, well, I see", she replies grimly, noting the same nametag on the corpse's collar- "Hi, I'm JAMES". "That's not one corpse I would like to examine", she mutters, doing it anyway but out of reluctance. "Oh, he has a heart? My word, I couldn't tell!"

After a while, the day ends and she's about to leave. Everyone else has left then, leaving only her there. Suddenly, she hears a voice behind her.

"Put your hands in the air, bitch. And don't you move an inch."

"Oh, dear!" She immediately raises her hands. "Who is this?"

"None of your goddamn business. Just do me a favour and open that pod, right? Where that corpse you just finished working on was stored."

"Well, fine", she sighs, going over and opening it. "You can look into it now."

The captor approaches the pod. "Wait a second...this is empty! What the fu-"

Unfortunately, they have no time to respond because Scythe pushes them in and locks them inside before calling for backup and arresting the intruder.

And that was how Evelyn became Head Coroner of the district.

My prompt was like 3 lines so it's not really worth posting

Alright, posting mine before going to sleep. If I don't wake up to angry messages, then I will be surprised.

Spoiler: Nina at Arby's
Nina Smith walked down the street. She scanned the row of buildings for an Arby’s. Apparently, one of her bosses was hungry, so she was tasked to get him some lunch.

Nina muttered under her breath:

“Why in the world do I have to do this? I’m supposed to be the Ultimate Juvenile Delinquent, not the Ultimate Waitress.”

Regardless, she found the Arby’s. She glared at the giant logo for a few moments before stepping in. She felt something squelch at her feet as soon as she entered. Her foot slipped underneath her, and her whole body slowly tilted forwards. She fell face first onto the ground… but she managed to place her hands in front of her, push the ground, and flip back onto her feet.

Some customers had been watching. A few gave her a round of applause, others just stared in bemusement. Regardless, they all went back to their lunch. Nina glared at the banana peel that very nearly made a fool out of her. She grabbed it and stormed up to the cashier.

“W-welcome to Arby’s,” said the nervous pimply teen. “What will b-be your order?”

“Listen you,” said Nina. She shoved the banana peel up to his face. “Who here dropped this banana peel, and why didn’t you bother pickin’ it up?”

“Err, I…” The teen sweat bullets. “It’s… rush hour, we were all s-so busy, and we thought the customer would pick it up himself and…”

Nina shoved the banana peel further into his face.

“Yeah, yeah, I got that. But like, who was the idiot who dropped it?”

The teen nervously pointed at a large man in a red hoodie, khaki pants, and a wool hat.

“Thanks,” Nina muttered. She walked over to the man eating a banana split and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Hey, you klutz,” she said. “I nearly broke my nose trippin’ on this banana peel of yours.”

The man didn't immediately turn around. He took a few more bites of ice cream, wiped his mouth, before facing Nina.

“Sorry,” he said. “I love Arby’s ice cream, but they don’t have banana splits. I brought my own banana and forget about the peel.”

Nina gritted her teeth and gave the man a death glare. She cracked her knuckles before replying:

“Listen, buddy, do you know who you’re dealin’ with? I’m Nina… agent Nina, the Ultimate Juvenile Delinquent.”

“Oh really? An ultimate? Wonderful, me too!”

He let out his hand for Nina to shake.

“My name is Ben Cornetto,” he said. “I’m the Ultimate Plant Waterer!”

Nina stepped back in horror. The two just sat there in silence. Eventually, Nina turned her back and ran straight out of the restaurant. She continued running down the street, holding back tears. She’d held her status as Ultimate Juvenile Delinquent with such high regard. Finally, something she got acclaim for, after being put down for so long by so many. And yet here this guy was, having got the same honor as her, for something literally anyone could do. What was even the point of continuing her work anymore? She was happier in jail, at least she had status there.

Nina looked at where she'd wound up. In front of someone's house, apparently. The mailbox wrote: ‘Cornetto.' A huge grin spread across Nina's face…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Cornetto walked back from the Arby’s. His banana split had been absolutely delicious. He had to get home in time to water all his plants. On the way back, he thought about how he wanted another talent, but his first choice was taken already. He enjoyed the grants he got from the government regardless, but just wished he could have gotten it for his true passion.

He goes back to his house and waters all his plants with his trusty watering can, with water already conveniently in it. A little pinch for the cactus, a bit more for the sunflowers, and a ton to his Slender Palm Lily. He lays down on his sofa and smokes a cigar. He turns on this week's episode of ‘Wheel of Fortune.' Absent-mindedly, his cigar points to the Slender Palm Lily. Not a problem, he’s done so many times after all.

What he hadn’t noticed, was the gasoline mixed in with the water he’d just given it. If he hadn’t been a smoker, maybe he would’ve smelt it too. A few ashes fall from his cigar, and into the pot. A little ember form at the base of the plant, which Ben doesn’t notice, being too engaged with ‘Wheel of Fortune’. Soon, the entire plant erupts in flames.

Ben turns to it and screams in horror. He dashes off to the kitchen to get some water… he fills a bowl with water and throws it on to the Slender Palm Lily. Alas, at this point, the plant is no more but a pile of ash. Ben drops to his knees and sobs for his lost plant. He picks up the pot and holds it close to him. Underneath, was a notecard. He picks it up and reads it:

‘Plant waterer isn’t a talent. Get a real job.’

Shy guy

Spoiler: SC's Mom :)
Name: Jo King
Preferred gender: Other
Talent: Ultimate Comedian
Appearance: A person
Personality: Funny
Backstory: But where is frontstory?
How does your character talk: Hilariously

Ideal arc: I just want to make bad jokes.
Ideal moments: See above.
Killer motivation:
Victim death:
Extra notes:
Anything else: Oops I forgot to fill in that last bit but that's because I can't read thanks for having me boys.

Spoiler: Dont ask me, i dont know... {water droplets emoji was here}
Method of contact: Owl, ya know like written forms of communication!

Name: Bobarfle
Preferred gender: Other
Talent: Spontaneous combustion
Appearance: YOU FAT!
Personality: NONE WHAT SO EVER
Backstory:
THEY WERE SOOOOOOO UGLY, THAT EVERYONR DIED INSTANTANEOUSLY.
ALSO, YOU FAT!
How does your character talk: With his mouth hole
Other details: YOU FAT!

Ideal arc: I kill everyone with spontaneous combustion
Do you have any ideal moments: No, my character's personality sucks
Control in alibis: 1/10
Control in DL: 1/10
Non-survivor/Survivor: 1/5
Victim/Killer: 5/5
What chapter kill in: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Killer motivation: They ganged up on me and verbally assaulted me. They dared to call me fat!
Victim death: Through spontaneous combustion
When are you free: Wednesday
Any extra notes:
No.
P.S. YOU FAT!
Anything else: Weight!?! Bobarfle is the one true master of the universe! ALL SHALL FEAR ME!

Spoiler: Google It
Method of Contact: IRC

Name: Gordoff RandomAccesMemorysay
Preferred gender: No preference
Talent: Ultimate Cookworm
Appearance: Like Lex from BA (tm) but cooked
Personality: very rood but also cool. ftes people with the sole purpose of giving them food-themed underwear.
Backstory: some dude was was hungry and cooked a bookworm. then uhhh now the cook looks like the bookworm because future
How does your character talk: https://bookwormadventures.wikia.com/wiki/Lex + https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0aUTGCe9y0
Other details: he cool

Ideal arc: someone gets cooked
Ideal moments: someone gets cooked
Control in alibis: 1/10
Control in DL: 10/10
Non-survivor/Survivor: 5/5
Victim/Killer: 5/5
What chapter kill in: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Killer motivation: cooking someone
Victim death: getting cooked
Extra notes: Sunday is cooking day
Anything else that wasn't addressed by this form: yes

Spoiler: PB's Prompt
I'll just send mine by PM later because it's pretty long, and it's meant to show their personality and backstory some more too. Get hyped for: "Eli/Jessica Solves a Most Foul Murder at the Local Arby's"

Spoiler: Nanjo's Prompt
"Who left this banana peel?" Marshall stands up and looks across the room.

"Nobody huh? That's what I thought."

He turns slowly and walks over to the counter where he calls for the management, "Hello? Looks like we've got a mess over here. It's dangerous too. Some old lady could split her head open, come on now."

A kid comes out (the manager?) and apologizes for the inconvenience

"Yeah, could you clean it up? It's right out here, I can show you."

Marshall beckons the kid over. As the kid rounds the corner to the front, "WHAM!" he slams hard into the ground, his knees aching from getting tripped. The rest of the restaurant gasps in trepidation.

Marshall crouches down next to the kid, who is obviously in pain, "Oof, buddy. Why'd you fall on the ground for? Are you practicing your slapstick routine? Is that why your fucking disgraceful restaurant has banana peels all over the fucking place?!"

The kid mutters something in return and Marshall yanks him up by the collar hollering directly into his ear, "OH SO YOU ADMIT THAT THE REASON YOU FELL OVER WASN'T SOME SLAPSTICK ROUTINE! IT WAS REALLY BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO FUCKING NEGLIGENT TO RUN A DAMN ARBY'S WITHOUT NEARLY FUCKING KILLING SOMEONE!"

Marshall drops the kid back down, his nose colliding with the ground, causing a sickly crack.

"Alright everyone. You're safe now. The situation has been dealt with," he says with a smirk as he stands up.

"OH IS THAT ALL THE GRATITUDE I'M GONNA GET, AFTER ANOTHER DAY SAVED?!"

Marshall turns and walks out the door.

"CRASH!" everyone gets up to look out the window as they see a large pickup truck turn the corner. In the parking lot, the three cars each have a huge dent in them where something rammed into them, knocking them out of place.

Spoiler: Pancakes's Prompt
"My burning passion sets my heart on fire! With my blade Akrasia and I, we shall cut down the evils of this world, and the horrors of the world will never prosper! ...Hey, that sounded pretty cool! Gotta write that down for next time..."

"How about you show me what ya got? Cousin Nicos will show you how to have a real fight!"

"Ahahaha! That's the spirit..! Never stop pushing yourself! When you're as young as you are, there is no opponent that can stand in your way!"

"Careful you don't get in our [Akrasia] way -- you don't wanna play with us right now."

[PROMPT]
"A-Ahhh...I've been bested by a banana peel...our battle ends in a failure. This Arby's will have to wait another day. H-Hey, wait a second! Why are you all laughing at us?! Akrasia and I are gonna get real angry if ya don't cut it out!"

Spoiler: Cold52's Prompt
haha, guess i peeled out (hes the type who would laugh with everyone...though if this were some how a challenge he might say something more like "nailed it")

Spoiler: JM's Prompt
[Making up a last name here just for the sentence]

A remote car speeds into the Arby's, just barely getting past the set of closing automatic doors.

"Uhh...hello?" The employee asked, looking down confused at the RC car.

"Yes, hello indeed! I can see from your look of utter confusion that you have already realized who is before you! It is I, KYOYA YOSHIDO!"

"Sir, this is an Arby's. You need to be here in-person if you want to order your food."

"I do not wish to order your food. I came here to tell you that it is a disgrace to the food industry! Simply being within a walking distance of Mr. Toastie's drives business away! It ruins the delicate experience of my toast anytime someone gazes at your restaurant, and is met with nothing but hellish memories!"

"Oh, you're that Mr. Toasties guy? Umm, I don't think we're closing anytime soon. I can get my manager for you?"

"Forget it. I have wasted more than enough time with this nonsense. You sir, will never truly appreciate food."

As the RC car leaves, it bumps into a banana peel by the door. The peel goes on top of the car, covering the camera.

What follows was a scene where the car humorously tried to get the banana peel off but was unable to. It kept moving back and forth yet hilariously it was latched on. The sequence went on so long all the humor sucked but after seven and a half painstaking minutes, the peel dislodged and the RC car exited.

Spoiler: Collin1002's Prompt
Taylor walked on in to the Arby's, having decided to eat junk food today. As he headed towards the counter, unbeknownst to him, a banana peel was in his path, which he sadly didn't notice. When he stepped on it, his eyes widened as he went down. "Oh, fu--" was all he mustered before his posterior made contact with the floor. And, of course, the people around him began to laugh. "Ack, that hurt..." he muttered to himself.

Taylor stood up and scowled at the various citizens around him, rubbing his bottom, which was clearly hurt. "Wow, a guy falls on his ass and it's the funniest thing in the world. Hilarious!" he quipped before heading to the door, his face reddened in embarrassment.

"I bet you people wouldn't be laughing if I broke my neck, but... Actually, you know what, fuck it. I came here for food, and you people aren't gonna stop me."

He headed back towards the counter again, this time avoiding the banana peel, and placed his order, flipping some people the bird as he does so.

Spoiler: F's Prompt
I guess it would be something like this:
[Another female character is eating an Arby's burger or something]

"Easy with the burger, [that character's name]," Rose sneered. "That's a lot of swallowing, even for you."

Rose dusts herself off, her face a mild shade of red after her embarassing incident with the banana peel.

"W-what are you all freaks laughing at? Just you wait until my Daddy hears about this...you'll all be sued for...for emotional damages! That's right, Daddy will sue you for every filthy penny you're worth!"

The Ultimate Perfumer then clutches her purse and heads towards the exit before sharply turning around and giving everyone in the Arby's a nasty glare.

"I didn't want to eat in this soup kitchen anyways!" Rose scoffs. "Enjoy your rat poison, poors." She snaps before strutting off.

Spoiler: Joker's Prompt
Arby's Prompt: "How dreadful... One would think that someone would have cleaned that up already... But I suppose if that brought a smile to someone else's face, then it wasn't all that bad."

Greeting someone: " Salutations and felicitations, Lord/Lady X. How do you fare today?"

Spoiler: Igniter's Prompt
"I suppose you might be wondering why I would take you out of your tank. Ah, well, you see... Grandfather said he is worried I am too isolated. And, of course, if he's worried, then surely there's reason to be worried about! So... I have made the decision to practice my social skills! My, my, my sociability abilities! My... Conversational prowess! Yes, those are good words..."
"... Of course, you can't answer. You're a leech. But I figure, leeches and people have a lot in common! At least I believe so. You're both living beings."
"Regardless... Well, I suppose we should talk now. Converse. That's a better word. Let us converse. I read a most wonderful book recently! It was about leeches, even. What a coincidence, would you not agree? And what a great book it was, although I have already studied your kind at length, I can always find time to..."
"... Oh what am I doing. This is not what the common people talk about at all! I am supposed to be honing my skills so I can make friends, not lectures."
"Alright, alright. Think about it Althea. You've read books before, what do girls your age talk about? Not leeches, not medicine, perhaps... Boys? Yes, of course! Ha! It was so simple all along, especially for a genius such as myself."
"Very well! Shall we converse about men, then? Wait..."
"... You're a hermaphrodite. We can't talk about boys! The very concept is utterly foreign to you! And, well, the only man I know is my grandfather..."
"This was just a big failure. A massive failure. A colossal failure? Ugh, forget it. It's fine, it's fine. It's my fault anyways. I'll put you back in the tank. You get extra worms today for trying to help me."

Spoiler: WinterCoat's Prompt
“Okay... THAT is just the worst thing that’s ever happened. A banana peel? Really? What’s next, blue turtle shells? God, you make me ill... and quit that laughing! I mean, how was I supposed to know there’d be a banana peel in an Arby’s? Seriously, stop laughing... it’s not that funny. Please...?”

"God, my life sucks... but that's okay! Because why would anything ever go right, right?"

Spoiler: MechaQDogg's Prompt
"Nana, you can't just go around doing a... a... aaaaaaaaaawwnything you want and expect it to woo.... hooooork... excuse me... work out-- some day your luck won't be enough to bail you out."

Spoiler: Jirou's Prompt
Siri gets to her hands and feet, ignoring the laughing, and straight up starts eating the banana peel, mumbling to herself, " This is a sign....something bad.....why do I hear....oh." Then she leaves because she's full now.

Spoiler: SaizotheSixth's Prompt
Nick nods along as his fellow coworker talked and giggled. It was a relatively simple thing; their computer refused to boot, and he was to figure out why.

"Sounds like a problem with your power source," he suggested. "I'd try unplugging both ends and plugging them back in. It shut down properly, at least. But before that, make sure that your monitor isn't off."

ASCEND

Here's mine if anyone cares. It's absurdly long. Also in a quotebox because I'm lazy

Eli didn't really turn out like this in the end and I don't remember why. Oh well

Planetbox wrote:
Spoiler: Eli/Jessica Solves a Most Foul Murder at the Local Arby’s - The Experience
Heavy rain fell from the night sky as the silver car speeded through the air above the city. The people on the sidewalk glanced up at the flashing red and blue lights as they passed overhead. No one was particularly surprised to see them; they were a common sight there.

The car began to steadily drift downward as it approached the raised overpass stretching above the town. The superhighway brought passengers many miles across the land at a breakneck pace. Though more would call it a symbol of the future, the poorer urbanites saw it as the eyesore that cast a dark shadow over their homes.

The report had come from right below the highway, near the edge of the shadowy belt that attracted all the city’s crime. The car slowed down and drifted to the street below, bathed in red light through the darkness thanks to the large neon insignia of a cowboy hat. The local Arby’s, famed arbiter of the roast beef sandwich, was always in sight to the people who called the ramshackle tenements nearby their home.

As it turns out, that Arby’s was the police car’s destination. The cruiser lowered itself down to the paved roof of the Arby’s, firmly slotting itself into one of the many spaces in the rooftop parking lot. A man was waiting just outside, fiddling nervously with his fingers and hesitantly approaching the car. He wore a suit that was probably more expensive than the rent in the building across the street, and his hair was neatly combed and almost totally spotless. A small red label was fixed to his lapel; “Angus, Manager,” it read.

Angus neared the car door as it swung open, holding it so in an attempt at politeness. “Thank goodness you’re here!” Angus cried, “The people downstairs have gone absolutely nuts! Hopefully you can calm them down.”

The Ultimate Detective climbed out of the car, casting a dismissive glance the manager’s way. “Look, I’m a detective. Not a miracle worker.”

“U-Uhh, yes…” Angus awkwardly replied, fidgeting with his tie. “Well, in any case, the crime scene is right downstairs. Just come right this way.”

Angus gestured towards a door sticking out of the roof, which was marked “Stairwell.” The Ultimate Detective, who was currently in a quantum state of being both male and female at the same time, retrieved the bag containing their equipment from the front of the car and slammed it shut. They headed to the stairwell, paying no mind to Angus.

As Angus opened the door downstairs, he turned to the detective and extended a hand. “Forgive me, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Angus. It’s a pleasure to meet you, detective.”

The detective glanced at the hand as if it was some deceased rodent being presented for their consideration. “Sure. A pleasure. I’ll be sure to thank the victim for giving us this opportunity.” They continued into the stairwell, tossing a few more words behind them. “Let’s hurry this along. It’s not like I want to be here.”

Angus awkwardly followed the questionably gendered detective down the cramped stairwell. As soon as they shoved the door open, the noise hit them like a load of bricks. Every table was occupied, and a few people stood near the door, looking outside as if yearning for release from their meat-smelling prison.

One of the civilians, who was sporting an absurdly large beard, looked towards the two as they entered. “Ah, looks like the junior police force has arrived. So how about it? Can we all leave now?”

The detective glared at the civilians and replied, “You all know the rules. The scene has to be made secure. Once you’re all cleared of suspicion, you can leave.”

One family was staying far away from the others. They were dressed in the heights of futuristic fashion and studded with opulence. One couldn't help but wonder what they were doing in the Arby’s.

What must have been the father said, “Oh, please. Surely you can make an exception for us? Unlike most of the riffraff here, I have an important business meeting to get to.”

“Oh, that so?” Someone replied, “Why don’t we show your hoity-toity ass how we take care of ‘business’ round here?”

“Zip it, you two,” the detective snapped.

“And why should we listen to you?” The bearded man said, “You think you’re all that cause you got a special title from the government, but your sleuthing skills meant jack squat when it actually mattered!”

The detective clenched his/her fists and attempted to ignore the rambunctious crowd. He/She turned to Angus and asked, “Where’s the body?”

“The body?” Angus stammered, “Oh, yes! It’s in the kitchen. Just head behind the counter and look straight ahead.”

As the detective stepped behind the counter and approached the kitchen, the bearded man spoke again. “Oh, just going to walk off and leave us here, huh? You’re just like the rich folks who came and built that maglev track!” This comment was met with a host of guffawing.

The detective sighed and turned to address the group once again. “Sir, I strongly recommend you stick to your strengths, whatever they may be, rather than wasting my time with your pointless attempts at humor.”

Before the bearded man could reply, the detective continued past the counter, out of sight. Upon entering the kitchen, they found the body easily. A young man in an Arby's uniform lay on the tiled floor. Clustered nearby were several robots in similar uniforms. They were hunched over with their arms hanging toward the ground - deactivated.

As the detective approached the body, Angus appeared from around the corner. “Yes, there he is…Mr. Ripp Hededd… I must say, it’s quite a shame. He had just been chosen as employee of the month for the eleventh time in a row!” He gestured toward a nearby wall, where an array of Ripp pictures were affixed to the wall.

“Hmm…It looks to me like he was the only employee.”

“Well, he was at the time of incident, yes.” Angus explained, “Our employees work in shifts of one, you see.”

“Well, I suppose that’s respectable. He must have poured his sweat and tears into earning that,” the detective gave Angus a disinterested glare. “What was his reward, then? A penny above minimum wage?”

Angus gasped in shock. “H-How dare you! We care greatly for the financial well-being of our employees! I have half a mind to ask you be removed from this case!”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be out of your hair soon enough,” the detective said, “This case seems quite simple to me.”

To Angus’s surprise, the detective was already standing over the corpse, examining the evidence on the scene. Ripp’s body was a gruesome sight to behold. Scars and welts covered his skin, the fabric of his uniform was worn through in a few places, and dozens of bruises marked his body.

“What? Already?” Angus said.

“Yes, I’ve seen this kind of thing before,” the detective muttered with a sigh. “It’s tragic, it's horrible, but it’s hardly surprising. Robots with antiquated programming cause stuff like this all the time.”

“Ah, so it’s the robots’ faults? I expected as much.”

“Yeah, it’s really quite simple.” The detective gently ran their hands across Ripp’s injuries. “The victim was killed by two kinds of wounds. These large ones are clearly burns. Judging by the faint stains on the ground, I’d say those burns came from right here.” They rested their hands on the machine next to them, filled with hot oil.

“The fryer? S-So you’re saying Mr. Hededd was splashed with oil?”

“Sure seems that way. But that wouldn’t be enough to kill him. That’s where we get to these other wounds, these bruises all over his body…I think it was those robots.” They pointed at the crowd of animatronics in the corner. “A few of ‘em probably trampled him.”

“Trampled?” Angus asked, “Why would they do that?”

“Good question. I already have my suspicions. Why don’t you give me the code to those robots, and we’ll find out together?”

Angus seemed troubled by this request. “…What?”

“You heard me. The code. It’s quite simple, really. Just press the button on the back. Even someone like you who uses their fingers twice a day can manage it.”

“E-Excuse me, I--”

“Yes, yes, you have your management confidentiality, you want me to get a warrant, I’ve heard it all before. You’re just delaying the inevitable here.” the detective said, “In case you’ve forgotten, a man died a purposeless death today, and if you want it to actually matter, you’ll get that code. Otherwise I’ll come back with the rest of the precinct, and the algorithm will resume it’s intended course.”

After some more tedious shenanigans that I don’t feel like narrating, Angus handed a memory stick to the detective. He/she shoved it into a small gauntlet or something on their hand (I haven’t decided exactly what yet) which caused a holographic projection to appear in front of the detective. Many lines of code were displayed on it, and they began to scroll through them almost lazily.

“You’re really passionate about this job, aren’t you, Angus?”

“H-Huh?”

“I bet you’ve got your eye on that regional manager job. You probably want to put your prints on every Arby’s in this godforsaken city. But to do that, you’ve gotta have good profits, huh? Good production?”

Angus was sweating profusely and fiddling incessantly with his hands. “Err…yeah, they do usually look…at that…”

The detective fell silent for a few moments. Eventually, they continued, “You’re aware that someone’s made illegal modifications to this code, right?”

“I-Illegal modifications? That can’t be true!” Angus shouted, trying to sound surprised.

“It certainly is. In fact, it looks like these robots have been told to prioritize fulfilling a high production quota over just about everything else. Even the Three Laws. That’s pretty surprising, isn’t it? I wonder who’s responsible?”

Angus fell silent. The detective turned to him. Their eyes were just as disinterested as ever, but their mouth was curved in disgust. “You know what, sir? You’re lucky that I have to maintain an air of professionalism. Otherwise, I’d be letting you know how I feel about this establishment in no uncertain terms.”

Angus put his hands in front of him. “P-Please, calm down! I didn't kill anyone! It was the robots! They didn’t know any better!”

“You’re right. By all accounts, this was an accident. A grand jury would never indict you,” the detective continued, “But make no mistake, everyone with any common sense would know you’re at fault here. If Mr. Hededd hadn’t been caught in the middle of those robots’ frenzy to maximize your profits, he’d still be working here, unburned and untrampled.”

“Look, you can’t pin anything on me.”

“Oh, I won’t try to. That’s not my place.” The detective continued, “Things for you will be just the same for a while. I’m sure you’ll replace Mr. Hededd without care or remorse. I just wanted you to know that you’re complete scum and that’s all you’ll ever be. And once I’m out of the professional realm, I’ll be sure to let everyone know.”

“Now listen! I won’t stand for this!”

“Stand for what? I haven't done anything,” The detective set off for the kitchen’s exit. “My work’s done. I came to solve a case, not listen to your pointless excuses.”

The detective continued out of the room, turning left to return to the main eating area, hoping to get everyone back home and set Ripp’s death behind him/her. However, it quickly became apparent that something wasn’t quite right. An absurdly loud clamor was coming from the room ahead.

As the detective stepped out behind the counter, they saw the room in completely chaos. The tense animosity between the customers had broken out into an all-out brawl, and there seemed no clear end in sight.

The detective just sighed and shook their head.

“…Predictable.”

Happy Maria

Okay PB that prompt was pretty well written, I liked the mystery there. Probably my favourite out of the lot other than Marshall/Kyoya/Althea.

Also my mom's prompt was 10/10 and I'm still mad she wasn't accepted. At least this will be rectified in F6 though

Just a guy online.

Postgame, yay!

First, I'd like to congratulate Kachu and Panda for running a successful game. Not everyone has the skills to GM a rolling RP, let alone a murser mystery RP with seventeen unique characters, but hey, I won't judge. Too much, anyway.

I'll be blunt, I only cared up to about Chapter 2. After that... well, I was dead and had no reason to keep up with it. So I didn't bother.

Chapter 1 as a start was excellent. The character introductions flowed almost perfectly, and they almost immediately went rigut into the killing game. As a newcomer to the F games, this was certainly a good start, and I was interested in seeing where it went.

Of course, I then was in the hospital over Christmas, and that... didn't help matters at all. It was an unavoidable circumstance that I had no control over, yet I did have plans for Chapter 2 DL... which were never realized.

The main issue of that was my character was one that inherently needed to be sought out by others, and would otherwise have no real reason or way to interact with the other students. Unless I forced the issue, there would've been no way to know that he hadn't been keeping it together... which I eventually did, post-trial.

I had originally planned for the students to find his room in ruins when they went to check up on him, as I had purposefully been not posting due to that being my plan. Unfortunately, I believe that was misinterpreted as either unwillingness to post or an inability to post, neither of which was true. I felt that forcing it would have cheapened the interaction, so I saved it in the hopes I would get to use it. Which didn't happen, obviously.

Character-wise, I never interacted enough with any of the characters to get a sense of them. For that matter, I didn't even use mine enough to get a sense of his cadence. So I ultimately have no comment on killers and the like.

smh you guys talk about wanting to shake the game up but then you just dog stuff like the nexus and the killing game not being announced until the train crash

Thanks for the game, Panda, Kachu, and all, overall I feel like I had fun with it

Glad to see Nana was generally liked, or at the very least not hated, it's hard for me to tell sometimes how well my characters are received while I'm playing them

I think we're mostly all on the same page about the game length and the somewhat weak cast so I won't go too much into that besides, I'm lazy and I have other things to ramble about

I was alright with the overall story, though I did think it lacked the impact of, say, F3 or F4, especially at the end when the game just kind of... stopped. Trials in general had some good send-offs for both victims and killers, and I actually liked stuff like being able to prevent the murder in 5-3, it was a pretty unique twist and gave Nana a different kind of incentive to do her best. When it came to actually solving the trials, though...

To me, it felt like every trial played out more or less the exact same way:

- Figure out the timeline
- Figure out when the victim died (if applicable)
- Figure out who didn't have an alibi when the victim died

That's it. There was rarely any evidence that felt out of place or in need of explanation, and when there was, it usually ended up not mattering anyway (the stuff at the haunted house is a prime example of this; all it was there for was to show how someone could have snuck in to activate the electronics scrambler... but because the scrambler was found turned on, we already knew they got in and knowing HOW they got in told us basically nothing about who could have done it so to me it felt like a waste of time trying to figure it out). I know people kept yelling about using lifelines when we got stuck, but in most of those instances, we couldn't use a lifeline because of the way the mysteries were structured, so we were basically forced to just guess until we got enough GM hints to figure out where we were going wrong.

There's nothing inherently wrong with mysteries that rely on just eliminating all other possible suspects, but when they're all that way, it tends to get a little repetitive; plus it means the information you're given about the crime has to be clear enough to reliably remove suspects. Things were too vague for me to make any sense of in 5-1, and 5-4 was just overloaded with way too much stuff to keep track of to the point where I all but completely gave up. I will say the other cases felt a lot better about the information thing and I enjoyed them more as a result.

This is getting longer than I wanted it to be already so I'll just wrap it up with a few random thoughts about some of the cast (again these are just my impressions along with a bit of what I hope is constructive criticism? (also I won't mention everyone, nothing personal just don't have any particular comments on them)):

Spoiler:
Hoshiko: yeah getting this out of the way right away
Believe me, I was at LEAST as frustrated over her dropping out as the rest of you. What hurts the most is I really liked Hoshiko... when she actually posted. But... well, you know. Moving on.

Rose: I really liked Rose, too; I think she's easily F's best character to date... but the posting thing really hurt her in the end. Not nearly to the extent it did Hoshiko, obviously, but after what I thought was a strong showing in the first half of the game, she didn't really do much of anything after her escape from death. She was a little sad about not being able to get on the rides and... told Nana to go back to bed? It was just really disappointing that she didn't capitalize on the chance to show she was going to be a better person at all (she even told Nana as much in their FTE) because I thought she had a good arc going that just sort of ended without fully resolving itself.

Nina: Okay first I want to say props to Lone for going for a full antagonist character (not counting Byron), I don't think those are easy to pull off at all. That said... I didn't really care much for Nina. I felt like I was supposed to take her as a seriously threatening character, but just couldn't. Like, she's supposed to be this complete sociopath who murdered her whole family because she just didn't like them or whatever, fine. But she also did stuff like respond to Rose complaining about being sick of toast by picking a piece up and throwing it at her head. It's basically the same reason I wasn't a fan of Yuma; her actions weren't really consistent with the type of villain she was supposed to be.

Vic: His personality felt a little too one-note, but I thought his backstory about pushing the people around him to keep getting better was nice. I probably would have dropped the part about being experimented on, personally; I don't think it hurt him as a character or anything, but it didn't really add anything to him, either. It was just kind of superfluous.

Siri: and here I thought she'd pull a Penelope with the nice girl act
Siri was cute, I was kind of bummed she wasn't able to stick around a bit longer. Not too much else to say because... she wasn't around for longer.

Nick: To be honest I didn't really get much of a feel for Nick. Saizo's hospitalization probably had a hand in that (hope you're doing better now), but even when Nick did post, it felt like half of them were just him kind of standing around and thinking to himself about how things were going to shit and mentally beating himself up for not being a better leader. Unfortunately, being passive and hoping other characters will react to you doesn't work too well in these games, especially when A. it's still early and the characters haven't really bonded yet, and B. one of his most notable early scenes was yelling at everyone for drinking (plus when someone's not posting a lot we just assume they're busy or whatever). I don't think a teacher character in games like this is bad on its own, but I do think they'd need to be willing to step in and (try to) take charge of the situation.

Skylar: Pretty great for the most part I have to say; aside from dropping off with posting a bit at the end and veering too far into "total bitch" territory a couple times, I thought she was one of the better and stronger personalities in the game

Eve: #evedidnothingwrongokaymaybeshedidbutitwasntreallyherfault

Okay uh guess that's it for now, thanks for reading, thanks for playing

^

Agreed, the resurrection was imo really well done and great. So nothing really being done following that by the character most impacted was...pretty disappointing.

I think it's hard to play authoritative characters and expect people to like, follow you, seeing as it's an RP and people do what they want. So I don't know if a traditional teacher would work. I think what hurt Nick is that he was like...way too self-loathing, as Fransize said.

I should also mention I thought Eve was really great so kudos to Panda for her.

And Nana was probably my favorite.

Happy Maria

Yeah agreed. I liked the idea of Nick a lot and his role as a teacher figure was something I would like to see return in future games but to me he was a bit too passive in his interactions with the students for him to work properly as a character which soured his post trial for me a bit in retrospect. Most good characters in these games are those which end up becoming more proactive and helpful with a decent bit of personality. I'll agree that Nick's self loathing seemed to diminish his character but also a lot of his posts just being his monologuing to himself felt a bit strange compared to a lot of other characters who were much more open.

Just a guy online.

*taking all the notes*

For the internal monologuing, that could very easily just be the style I've been building for a while. You're probably right in that it doesn't work here, and I won't try to defend the style. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, and to be frank, I should have probably been more outgoing with it.

The self-loathing is more than likely a personal thing. Failing in a position of authority, especially one given to someone with a theoretically infinite skillset, isn't something to be taken lightly.

It could also just as easily be that I was unknowingly trying to be too ambitious with what I was planning in my head. I knew that I'd have problems, since a figure in authority would almost always be resisted (and we even see this happen during the game), so I tried to take a more... reserved approach.

Maybe next time it'll be different.

I was fine with his monologuing, self-loathing, and typing style actually. Felt like it was what made Nick Nick. With that said, he was kinda passive compared to all the other characters who died in the early to mid-game (Vic, Siri, Nina), and I think that ended up hurting him most. Well, and maybe not having much plot-relevance. Still, I appreciate the effort and do think ideas like this should be tried out more.

full dead sprites, coming up!

Spoiler: Sprites
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

yeah, sorry for the odd grayscale. started using gimp for F5, which doesn't have as good color replacement as my last program, which I only booted up again for these final sprites

Happy Maria

Darn, these are looking good. I like a lot of these and I also kind of find it funny that my favourite ones and the ones which I thought were super clever were the ones which we never got to see in game. My personal favourites are Rose's, Althea's, Eli's, Nicos' and Evelyn's. Though I don't get Annabella/Skylar's.

hi

Southern Corn wrote:
Darn, these are looking good. I like a lot of these and I also kind of find it funny that my favourite ones and the ones which I thought were super clever were the ones which we never got to see in game. My personal favourites are Rose's, Althea's, Eli's, Nicos' and Evelyn's. Though I don't get Annabella/Skylar's.

I think Skylar's is supposed to be an Unown. I don't get Annabella's either. I don't have any better ideas for it tho.

Shy guy

Unown:

SC's right though, somehow the best ones are the ones we never got to see. Nana's works surprisingly well, I think.

thank god, I thought you were gonna complain that a seven isn't close enough to a cross

Annabella's was supposed to be small and elegant-like a doll. Even positioned a bit lower, like she'd be holding it as a doll... it's a huge stretch, I didn't have any other ideas.

And yeah, I think the survivors wound up having talents that lead to better dead sprites. Something like Coroner or Swordsman are really easy, whereas ones like Challenger and Juvenile Delinquent are next to impossible.

Happy Maria

Oh okay that's cool, wouldn't have gotten that though since I know nothing about all the Pokemons. I do agree that Nana's worked pretty nicely and it was pretty interesting. Even Vic's was okay considering the talent. For Nina's though, I guess you could maybe have drawn a jail cell or something over her as an alternative? I like these enough, though.

Also is it weird that I got Rose's cross immediately on seeing it but I didn't get Kyoya's till literally now?

hi

Lone wrote:
Annabella's was supposed to be small and elegant-like a doll. Even positioned a bit lower, like she'd be holding it as a doll... it's a huge stretch, I didn't have any other ideas.

Ah okay I see that. These all look really good btw!

Happy Maria

Alright, so it's been a little over a week since the game ended, so hopefully that's given people enough time to breathe. So I'll just give an important announcement now. Hopefully none of you guys mind too much.

So, F6 talk. Me and Doctor Nanjo are going to be co-GMing this game once it comes out. Currently we don't really have much to show, per se, since we're kind of early into development and all that. So there's a lot of room for change and such. So that actually brings us to something which is kind of crucial- when is the best time for the signups thread to go up?

For reference, the game itself will go up about a month after the signup thread is posted, and there'll be about a week's time given for character submissions. But currently, I think it's pretty important to determine when the signup thread goes up. Currently my idea was that it would go up by sometime in around September/October (mainly to let people get over their burnout for this game, since it was indeed very long). Feel free to discuss here though, we're open to suggestions based on how people feel themselves about the matter. Of course, stuff like other games running in between will be taken into consideration, like say NG8 or BF2.

Post the signup thread right now so every single line of dialogue can be preplanned.

...or, you know, around September sounds good. I think October is long enough from now to start the game with people getting over the burnout but that's coming from someone who isn't burnt out at all so idk.

And I just realized I hadn't posted here at all yet so uh yeah congrats y'all and all that
Signature loading, please wait...

If there's enough interest it seems kind of wasteful to not use the summer, when that's when most people are available. (Sans VACATION!!!!!!) And considering it's not even the middle of April, six months between games sounds a little long.

Yeah sure. I'm okay with a summer game since it will allow the people who want play sooner play sooner, but I'm curious how many people actually want a summer game vs the people who feel pretty confident that they would sit out. Even though F6 will hopefully innovate as much as possible and be unexpected as much as possible, I know that there is a certain level of saturation and that there might be a lot of people who think that's too soon, idk.

Happy Maria

Yeah, that's one of my primary concerns actually. Currently we're not exactly sure how fast most people want an F game to be held, whether it's in the summer or afterwards. I made a quick little poll just now for that matter to see how many people are in favour of this: https://linkto.run/p/BT23SJN3

Please do vote if you can, it's kind of important. I personally don't mind too much when it'll be held but I'd rather know sooner or later.

Nanjo you are insane for GMing twice

it really depends on what you guys have in mind for my side. i only kinda sorta have a character in mind. if it just seems to be more of the same, then maybe I'll sit out, but if your pitch seems interesting and I have the time, then sure thing I'll sign up. i'll hopefully have graduated grad school by the summer so... who knows what my schedule will be like? Summer seems too good a time to skip imo. It's also a special time for F games, as that was when F1 was held after all.

Happy Maria

Yeah, on the subject of the pitch we did want to include one here but we figured it would be too early now. We're still discussing a lot here and we want to give you something more substantial so we figured we would wait a bit till we managed to settled on something more interesting/game-changing. F5, as I recall had the sci fi theme decided on rather early into development but it proved to be rather minor. We'll probably have something more significant prepared for you by the time the endings come out though (i.e. in a couple of weeks), so look forward to that.

Shy guy

Only thing to keep in mind is, even if summer's a good time for it, it'll be after other games have finished. Granted if said games are only NG8 (which is soon-ish) and BF2 (which is short) then that won't really affect it. But it would kinda suck if someone else also wanted to run a game but felt they couldn't what with F6 coming up in the near future.
Page 2 of 3 [ 111 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus