Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 56[ 2230 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56  Next

Re: (NGX) The Zodiac Game: Fortune's Favored FeastTopic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

DootDootDoot wrote:
Datamatt wrote:
Mei grumbles at the sight of the decorated man. "Great. Just gets fucking worse every minute." She complains aloud, running her hands through her hair, shooting a few glances towards her bag. She shakes it off soon after.

"Why the fuck would they take most of you as prisoners, anyway? Specifically, you." The medic lifts her chin towards the headphones girl.

"... Well, if you're with the army, I guess you'd know Kwon Wonseog?" she asked, throwing a few shifty looks at the other soldiers. "I'm... Kwon Amethyst. His sister."

Mei ponders on the name. "Only vaguely. Makes more sense as to why a random high-schooler or whatever would be here," she adds.

The woman takes a few minutes to listen through Sun Taikong's explanation, after which she straightens up. "I was at the same ceremony for one reason. And, of course, it gets fucking bombed. Not only that, but that piece of shit cat masked asshole did the same thing to me too. Sat next to me and knocked me unconscious. Gas and all." Mei growls, folding her arms in a very angsty way.

Similiarly, she shoots a glare to the General at the end of his sentence.

Happy Maria

"Well, well, ain't that just curious." The shady looking man chuckled, leaning against the wall. "So this fella in the cat mask abducted us all, huh? And yet, how'd they get all of us in such a short time? Quite the efficient kidnapper, if you ask me. Even ol' Slim and Zippy would be impressed by their speed. 'Course, like you said, there could be multiple kittens roaming around. Wouldn't be surprised, it's quite difficult to kidnap so ten different people so easily."

"They got me pretty similarly too. To be fair, I was quite the easy target in the first place. In case you couldn't tell, I'm just a wanderer. A lost traveller, drifting through this country trying to discover myself. The constant neverending warfare makes it quite tricky, admittedly." He gave a look towards the old soldier, his smile fading a bit. "But you've gotta learn to deal with that some way or another. And, well..."

He turned around, pulling something from his back. It was some type of strange looking fiddle along with a bow. Leaning back against the wall, he started to play a little tune on it. It was... surprisingly charming.

"This right here's my bread and butter", he explained. "Gotta earn a quick buck somehow, right?" He shrugged. "As you can guess, I was just playin' this old thing at the time of getting captured. I could hear the bombing in the distance, miles away, but I was far away from the actual action. Still, didn't stop our cat captor from finding me and knocking me out. At least he wished me a happy new year though, so it's not all bad." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Anyway, I'm afraid that's all I've got to offer. Well, other than this simple tune." He continued to play, the melody being weirdly calming.

Datamatt wrote:
Mei ponders on the name. "Only vaguely. Makes more sense as to why a random high-schooler or whatever would be here," she adds.

"I'm twenty eight..." she grumbled.

"... And hey, with the whole new year thing, isn't it the year of the rat now? Doesn't that make the guy who got the rat bracelet a little suspicious?"

Shy guy

"You're... Korean, yeah?" Sun Taikong said, a little bluntly. "In China, rat zodiacs have bad luck all year during the year of the rat. Same for the other signs during their years. The year's only just started and already it's causing me trouble, if it alone is enough to make you suspicious of me..."

Sleeping is my life.

"Oh yes, come to think of it... It is the year of the Rat... Although, do we even know what day is it right now?" The doctor asked the others, as he eyed Sun Taikong with an look of suspicious.

DootDootDoot wrote:
Datamatt wrote:

"I'm twenty eight..." she grumbled.

"... And hey, with the whole new year thing, isn't it the year of the rat now? Doesn't that make the guy who got the rat bracelet a little suspicious?"

"No, it fucking doesn't. That's the stupidest reason I've ever heard." Mei replies with renewed annoyance, yet bearing the same tired and nonchalant look, "Don't lump him in with people like me or that American over there."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"It was a bomb, or so I'm told. It is beyond my influence. It is within your influence to hurt me if you desire," the bandaged woman doesn't take any regard or tact in her response.

The woman opens her mouth as if to say something, but stops. It seems she wanted to end the conversation there.

Addressing the others, she speaks a little louder. "I was kidnapped at my home." She said. "I returned home to find a strange van in the parking lot. The door was wide open. Upon entering, I tried to turn on the lights, but the electricity must've been cut since it didn't work. I saw the person in the cat mask sitting at my table, holding a candle. They wished me a Happy New Year as well, and blew out the candle. I tried to run, but I tripped on my dress. The next thing I know I was breathing in that gas and I passed out. And you all know the rest." She sighs, clearly frustrated with her situation.

Southern Corn wrote:
Slim and Zippy

"They got me pretty similarly too. To be fair, I was quite the easy target in the first place. In case you couldn't tell, I'm just a wanderer. A lost traveller, drifting through this country trying to discover myself. The constant neverending warfare makes it quite tricky, admittedly." He gave a look towards the old soldier, his smile fading a bit. "But you've gotta learn to deal with that some way or another. And, well..."

"If you are trustworthy, then you should not be here. Since you are here, I can see that you are not trustworthy. Where you are says more about you than anything you just said. A true vagrant would be ignored by our captors. You have a calling and it is here in this place. An early admission is more readily accepted than a late one," the woman cuts across the conversations to add her thoughts to the American's presence.

Datamatt wrote:
"No, it fucking doesn't. That's the stupidest reason I've ever heard." Mei replies with renewed annoyance, yet bearing the same tired and nonchalant look, "Don't lump him in with people like me or that American over there."

"You think there is something wrong with you in the same way there is something wrong with the fiddle-player."

A small pause hangs on Mei's lips as she considers her words.

"As you can see, I'm not the most trustworthy person to ever grace China." Mei adds, letting her hands fall to her sides. "And I've not been having a good year."

Gettin' Old!

The Woman with the Rabbit sighs with resignation as the masked woman denied being her sister. She hung her head for a moment to compose her thoughts before trying to appeal to the others once more, completely unconcerned about squabbles over the war.

"My name is Zhang Juanli. I was kidnapped from my shop after the bombs fell by a man in a Golden Cat Mask. Please he...he was holding my son, Sunny. He was unconscious. W-we got separated at the ceremony when the bombs landed and I couldn't hold onto him...I..."

Her felt it was about to explode out her chest at the recollection as she tried desperately to hold back tears. "Please, one of you must have seen my son. He's eight years old, brown hair and eyes. He was wearing a green dragon costume when he was taken." she pleaded with them again.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sleeping is my life.

"Please pardon Dog's rambling. She've been like that during the time that she's under my care." Dr. Uwem points out with his cane. "However, if any of you ask me anything about Dog... Then it's strictly doctor-patient confidentiality. Meaning that I only share what I know about Dog with her as she's my patient."

Happy Maria

"Me? Suspicious?" The shady man grinned at the woman's comment, almost as though he was used to hearing the very assertion. "Come on, now. I've been entirely honest with you so far, haven't I? Sure, I'm certain our captor has personal reasons for wanting us here, but we cannot simply presume we are all guilty of something, right? I'm sure all these good shots and good soldiers would be rightfully offended by the implication. Regardless though, I have no idea why somebody would want me here. Hopefully we get some answers soon, yeah?"

He continued to strum his instrument, seemingly at peace.

Pierre wrote:
The Woman with the Rabbit sighs with resignation as the masked woman denied being her sister. She hung her head for a moment to compose her thoughts before trying to appeal to the others once more, completely unconcerned about squabbles over the war.

"My name is Zhang Juanli. I was kidnapped from my shop after the bombs fell by a man in a Golden Cat Mask. Please he...he was holding my son, Sunny. He was unconscious. W-we got separated at the ceremony when the bombs landed and I couldn't hold onto him...I..."

Her felt it was about to explode out her chest at the recollection as she tried desperately to hold back tears. "Please, one of you must have seen my son. He's eight years old, brown hair and eyes. He was wearing a green dragon costume when he was taken." she pleaded with them again.

"Sunny, huh?" The man paused his playing, thinking. He shook his head. "Nope, don't think I've seen the kid before. Sorry. Hope he's safe though. Don't like seeing kids get hurt through all this." He spat.

"If you're really being honest, then give us your name. Surely it won't be a problem, right?" Mei asks the somewhat suspicious man.

Shy guy

Pierre wrote:

"I'm afraid not," Sun Taikong responded regretfully, moving up to the bars again. "I'm sure they won't harm him though, if they were using him to get to you. I'm not sure what these people want from us, but at the very least they want us to cooperate."

Happy Maria

Datamatt wrote:
"If you're really being honest, then give us your name. Surely it won't be a problem, right?" Mei asks the somewhat suspicious man.

"A name, huh?" The shady man nodded. "Sure, why not. Least I could do."

He tipped his hat, giving a slight grin. "People on the streets, they call me Black Monk. But you can just call me Monk for short, I don't mind."

With that, Monk went back to playing his fiddle.

Sock

"Unfortunately, I too do not know of the young boy." Fujisaki frowns. "I also... Do not remember anyone masked. I was with a small apartment. With someone. When the bombs dropped."

Fujisaki cleared his throat. He did not have too much trouble speaking, but his words were simple. "A second one came, shortly after the first. That is all I remember. I woke up here, in the cell."

"I apologize for not having much info."

Mei widens her eyes slightly, before shaking it off. "I wasn't expecting you to tell us anything, honestly."

The medic then makes her way to her cell's wall and leans on it, crossing her arms and impatiently tapping her boot on the floor. A certain glint catches her eye then. "What the fuck do you guys think these bracelets are for, anyway?"

Sock

Datamatt wrote:
The medic then makes her way to her cell's wall and leans on it, crossing her arms and impatiently tapping her boot on the floor. A certain glint catches her eye then. "What the fuck do you guys think these bracelets are for, anyway?"

"Identification." Fujisaki replies bluntly.

Datamatt wrote:
"As you can see, I'm not the most trustworthy person to ever grace China." Mei adds, letting her hands fall to her sides. "And I've not been having a good year."

"I don't see anything of the sort. We've all had the same year so far. You have some particular reasons for your shame you are not eager to discuss on top of having poor confidence."

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Please pardon Dog's rambling. She've been like that during the time that she's under my care." Dr. Uwem points out with his cane. "However, if any of you ask me anything about Dog... Then it's strictly doctor-patient confidentiality. Meaning that I only share what I know about Dog with her as she's my patient."

"It's a conscious choice to call it rambling."

Pierre wrote:
"Please, one of you must have seen my son. He's eight years old, brown hair and eyes. He was wearing a green dragon costume when he was taken." she pleaded with them again.

"We've all been unconscious since the time your son was taken. You will see though that there is no dragon here," the woman points at the empty cell where a dragon could be but isn't. "The cat has him elsewhere."

Kachu wrote:
"Identification." Fujisaki replies bluntly.

"Wouldn't numbers make more sense for that?" Amethyst asked. "Apparently they know our signs too. Starting to look less and less like we got captured by Americans..."

"... And Black Monk, huh? And here I thought my name stood out."

Happy Maria

"Who knows. Maybe they wanted an excuse to call me a pig and decided to give everyone else a zodiac too. Thought it was a good joke or something." Monk gave a short laugh. "No, but in all seriousness I do wonder why we have what we have. Obviously they're for identification purposes, but there has to be some significance to their allocation. We just gotta figure out what. ...Was I born in the year of the pig, actually? Hmph. Don't even remember."

He tipped his hat towards Amethyst. "Hey, that's the benefit of having a street name. Easy for you to stand out, right?"

Sleeping is my life.

"Actually, your son might be most likely here somewhere." Dr. Uwem said in response to the mother. "You mentioned that your son was wearing a green dragon costume, correct? And we know that one of the two empty cells was supposed to belong to the player who would bears the Dragon sign bracelet. There's no way that can't be a coincidence."

"Still... Once we get out of our cells, I want to give everyone a checkup to make sure nobody was harmed as a result of our kidnapping." The doctor adds on, as he mulls over the information for some time.

Shy guy

"Twelve zodiac signs, captured by the cat, the animal who was tricked out of joining the zodiac. Our 'happy new year'-spouting cat certainly has a sense of humour," Sun Taikong said dryly. "But yes, my sign's the rat. It's probably the same for everyone else here."

Sock

DootDootDoot wrote:
"Wouldn't numbers make more sense for that?" Amethyst asked. "Apparently they know our signs too. Starting to look less and less like we got captured by Americans..."

"Do you propose a more likely theory?" Fujisaki tilts his head slightly. He'd look confused if he wasn't frightening.

"Perhaps our captors intend to sort us, in some way. There is depth to animals. More complex than numbers."

Gettin' Old!

[quote=]"We've all been unconscious since the time your son was taken. You will see though that there is no dragon here," the woman points at the empty cell where a dragon could be but isn't. "The cat has him elsewhere." [/quote]

Quote:
"Actually, your son might be most likely here somewhere." Dr. Uwem said in response to the mother. "You mentioned that your son was wearing a green dragon costume, correct? And we know that one of the two empty cells was supposed to belong to the player who would bears the Dragon sign bracelet. There's no way that can't be a coincidence."

Zhang's eyes widened as she settled her eyes on the empty cell. "Oh...oh yes...that makes sense...thank you both" she said stepping back from the bars and looking around to see if she could find something to help her out of her cell.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Hanzo Shimada wrote:

"Still... Once we get out of our cells, I want to give everyone a checkup to make sure nobody was harmed as a result of our kidnapping." The doctor adds on, as he mulls over the information for some time.

"You're not touching me." Mao growled with more hostility than necessary. "Either of you." He added, eyeing Mei with the same hostility she had sent at him.

"Besides what makes you think we're even getting out of these cells?"

Happy Maria

"What makes you think we're staying here?" Monk shook his head. "These bracelets probably have more meaning to them that we've yet to see. Even if we weren't let out by our captor, I'm sure that between the ten of us we could figure something out, right? Can't just be left rotting here forever... General."

Kachu wrote:
"Do you propose a more likely theory?" Fujisaki tilts his head slightly. He'd look confused if he wasn't frightening.

"Perhaps our captors intend to sort us, in some way. There is depth to animals. More complex than numbers."

"I, I guess I don't..." Amethyst answered, VERY frightened.

Southern Corn wrote:
He tipped his hat towards Amethyst. "Hey, that's the benefit of having a street name. Easy for you to stand out, right?"

Amethyst, not really familiar with hat tipping as a greeting but assuming she had to respond in kind, awkwardly 'tipped' her headphones in return. "Makes sense. Amethyst's just my name though."

JesusMonroe wrote:
"You're not touching me." Mao growled with more hostility than necessary. "Either of you." He added, eyeing Mei with the same hostility she had sent at him.

"Besides what makes you think we're even getting out of these cells?"

"I see you're as much of a bundle of charm as I've been told..."

Southern Corn wrote:
"What makes you think we're staying here?" Monk shook his head. "These bracelets probably have more meaning to them that we've yet to see. Even if we weren't let out by our captor, I'm sure that between the ten of us we could figure something out, right? Can't just be left rotting here forever... General."

"We're probably going to be made an example of. Tortured, broadcast to the world." Even the stern-faced general was trembling ever-so-slightly at the idea. "The men will be butchered, the woman likely raped and impregnated, children growing up to be soldiers for the great American army. We've only been left alive because more suffering is in store for us."

Sleeping is my life.

"The hell is your problem?!" Dr. Uwem snaps back at the general. "You got a problem with the doctors or something?! Fine, no checkup for the general, then..." He grumbles as he went to look around his cell a bit.

"Our captor knows I was born in the year of the dog. I wonder if Dr. Uwem has let that information slip somewhere or if it has always been readily available."

Southern Corn wrote:
"No, but in all seriousness I do wonder why we have what we have. Obviously they're for identification purposes, but there has to be some significance to their allocation. We just gotta figure out what. ...Was I born in the year of the pig, actually? Hmph. Don't even remember."

"You can use your age or date of birth to understand this. It sounds like you migrated here after a life elsewhere, which means you had the means to do so at some point," the dog woman literally tilts her head towards Monk and raises her eyebrows with distant interest.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"We're probably going to be made an example of. Tortured, broadcast to the world." Even the stern-faced general was trembling ever-so-slightly at the idea. "The men will be butchered, the woman likely raped and impregnated, children growing up to be soldiers for the great American army. We've only been left alive because more suffering is in store for us."

Her mouth twitches into a smile, "I hear a whimpering for death in you. The way you describe living to your last breath is unexpectedly cowardly."

Happy Maria

"C'mon, General. That would be assuming that our kidnappers are American. We've all been given signs, our captors clearly know a decent amount of Chinese", Monk shook his head. "Wouldn't be surprised if that lady in the bandages is right about us getting chosen for a different reason. Fishy that some of us know each other so well. Gotta be connections afoot, right?"

"Except me, anyway. I'm just a poor ol' vagrant, right?" He grinned, strumming his instrument innocuously. "They must've brought me down here with you all by mistake. Accidents happen I suppose?"

"Anyway, yeah, sure. You could say I wasn't born here." He nodded to the bandages woman. "Still been here long enough that I've familiarised myself with most of this place's culture though. That being said, I've started to lose track of how old I am. Age starts mattering less as you go on, you know? ... Let's see, was I 32? 33?" He stroked his chin. "Ah yes, 35. I think. That's year of the pig, right?"

Shy guy

"Or maybe they're trying to make a point of some kind," Sun Taikong hastily suggested. "Some kind of message for us rather than the rest of the world. If we were only here to be tortured, why the song-and-dance with the cat? Everything about this situation seems tailored to us specifically. Though we should still be careful as you say, sir, I'm only guessing here," he added carefully.

Mei frowns at the bandaged, mysterious woman's assertion of her and merely looks away. It doesn't look like she wants to add more to that.

"You're telling me our captors went through so much fucking effort with the gas, cat masks, timed kidnappings and bracelets for something like torture?" The medic asks with obvious disbelief in her voice. "Sounds way too convoluted, right?"

"Besides--" She adds, giving her bag a very light tap with her boot. "You'd think they'd have taken my medical supplies away in that case, but they didn't."

Happy Maria

"I even got to keep this!" Monk pointed to his instrument. "Lucky me, right?" He whistled, playing it jovially.

Sleeping is my life.

"I don't know how our captor know that I was born in the year of the tiger and am now 46 years old. to assign me the Tiger bracelet. Plus, Dog, I'm very certain I never told anyone anything about you. It seems so surreal..." Dr. Owem said, seemingly stumped over this fact.

"Plus, the captor let me keep my cane... I honestly don't know what to make of our kidnapper, given what they did to bring us here." The doctor adds on as he taps his cane on the ground.

Shy guy

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Our captor knows I was born in the year of the dog. I wonder if Dr. Uwem has let that information slip somewhere or if it has always been readily available."

"Our captors probably know more about you than you realise; why else would they have captured you in particular? So if you don't mind, could you tell us your name? Whoever brought you here likely already knows your identity anyway. I'd like to get on a friendly basis with you all."

He turned to address the masked lady. "You as well, ma'am. May I ask your name?" Her outfit compelled him to be formal, though he couldn't help but feel a bit silly given how contrastingly crude her behaviour was.

KamiPanda wrote:
He turned to address the masked lady. "You as well, ma'am. May I ask your name?" Her outfit compelled him to be formal, though he couldn't help but feel a bit silly given how contrastingly crude her behaviour was.

Upon being addressed, the woman turned to face Taikong. "My name is Suyin." She said. She didn't seem interested in giving out her family name or any other information.

Shy guy

"The same name Juanli addressed you with, huh?" Sun Taikong noted, raising his eyebrows. "Funny coincidence, but I won't pry. Nice to meet you."

“It’s just a coincidence, that’s all.” Suyin replied. “Life’s funny like that.”

“And I suppose it’s nice to meet you too.”
Page 2 of 56 [ 2230 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus