Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 105 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Trial)Topic%20Title

"Umm...are you saying one of Jack's blunts could have triggered this thing?"

Shy guy

"Were there vents in the decontamination room?" Keri asked.

“I guess it’s possible. Maybe that ‘No Smoking’ sign was there for a reason other than corrupt higher authority installing it.”

Urumi pulled the burnt paper out of her pocket and gingerly brought it close to her nose. She sniffed once and immediately grimaced. "Yep. Weed."

“This could only mean one thing: there’s someone else here who smokes weed and they haven’t been hitting me up.” Jack said, looking sad.

"Then we must identify that person at once!"

"Jack, just tell us what you were doing in the decontamination room," Urumi groaned, shaking her head.

“Huh?” Jack’s eyes widened. “It was a serious theory, though. I was never in the decontamination room.”

ASCEND

"Why are you all limiting your thinking to just the decontamination room?" Otto asked, "Kyle visited the reactor too."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Fine." Urumi rolled her eyes. "Then were you in the reactor?"

Shy guy

"Um, not quite the topic, but, I suppose the vents might also be how Kyle moved about undetected?" Keri suggested. "After he took his radiation suit off in the decontamination room, I mean."

"But as for one year ago... would the radiation within the reactor not still be a problem for anyone trying to get in? Through the vents or otherwise."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Fine." Urumi rolled her eyes. "Then were you in the reactor?"

“No. I already said everywhere I was.”

ASCEND

"Well, does it really make a difference?" Otto asked, "The only way to get to the reactor was by entering the 'Employees Only' door and passing through the control room. Could anyone have done that undetected?"

"Though I suppose that's the wrong question. Perhaps it'd be better to ask if there was any way the blunt could have gotten into the reactor undetected..."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

fella

"Well, we probably would've smelled the blunt, so... I guess it was hidden somehow?" Bryan suggested with a shrug. "Then again, if it was hidden inside the suit, wouldn't the inside of it smell?" He shakes his head, thinking.

[put something witty here]

"At the very least I doubt Jack could've run in and dropped it himself, not when there's enough proof he was holed up in the bathroom most of the time. Suppose the cannabis fairy just happened to pay him a visit and carried it away through the vents..." Oscar shrugs.

Shy guy

"Carried by, or in, ReactorBot?" Keri suggested uncertainly.

"An accomplice, maybe..?"

"Besides Jack, who would have even known there was a blunt to move?" Urumi threw up her arms. "He said he locked himself in the men's room, so I don't see how anyone else could have gotten it, or why they'd even bother. If he didn't put it in the reactor, then I don't know, maybe it got sucked into the vents and ended up there by some miracle? But if it wound up there by chance, why would Kyle have gone to all the trouble to get it back?"

“It’s bad for combustible material to be inside. Probably for a reason I imagine. Also the smell isn’t exactly subtle, so someone could know about the blunt that way.”

ASCEND

"I don't think Kyle was looking for that piece of paper in particular. He knew even less about the events of that day as you did, so it seems more likely to me that he was just looking for any evidence he could find, just like the rest of you..."

"I guess we still don't know for certain what that emergency reading Abby saw was... What might have triggered that, and would the system have responded in some way?"

Shy guy

"If there was something combustible in the decontamination room, would it have automatically gone into a cooling mode? I suppose it would also make sense to issue a warning if someone or something was in the reactor when it shouldn't have been, though I do not know what a response to that would be."

"What constitutes as combustible in this case? There are many things that may count as combustible, like regular human clothing."

Shy guy

"I believe the manual said 'sources of combustion' specifically, so, anything that is highly flammable perhaps? Fuel, gunpowder, paper possibly."

ASCEND

KamiPanda wrote:
"If there was something combustible in the decontamination room, would it have automatically gone into a cooling mode? I suppose it would also make sense to issue a warning if someone or something was in the reactor when it shouldn't have been, though I do not know what a response to that would be."

"No." Otto elucidated.

KamiPanda wrote:
"I believe the manual said 'sources of combustion' specifically, so, anything that is highly flammable perhaps? Fuel, gunpowder, paper possibly."

"Hmm...I know of men who are sources of combustion by themselves."

"Ugh, who even knows?" Urumi smacked the top of her podium in frustration. "How are we supposed to figure out what this 'emergency reading' was? If it wasn't for the meltdown, the bombs, the vents shutting down, or Jack's weed burning, what else could it even be? It's not like we know what this system would consider an emergency or how it would react to one!"

Shy guy

"There were radiation shields all about the facility. The warning was that a 'facility-wide system' broke down, so perhaps it was them?"

ASCEND

"Why couldn't it be any of those four things?" Otto asked, "Well, the first two happened after Abby found the warning, and the third happened a little before it, but..."

KamiPanda wrote:
"There were radiation shields all about the facility. The warning was that a 'facility-wide system' broke down, so perhaps it was them?"

"I don't think that was the same warning Abby saw. If I recall correctly, hers was specifically coming from some coming from some area, though she wasn't able to tell V.A.L. before the bombs went off."

Shy guy

"Oh, I did not even realise... So then, just before the explosion, Abby noticed an emergency reading coming from somewhere in the facility. Then later on a facility-wide system broke down, just before the meltdown, which happened some time after the explosion. Is that all correct?"

ASCEND

"I think it's also possible the facility-wide system broke down before then. It's probably safe to conclude those were the air vents, and whatever caused the emergency reading happened earlier. But still, is it possible the two are related?"

Shy guy

"Would the system notify someone if it detected something in the vents?" Keri asked.

ASCEND

"Agh, I have no idea!" Otto shouted, "You know, I do detest interrupting trials, but we've hit a metaphorical wall and don't seem to be progressing! I think I'll pop back into that reactor for a jiffy and see if I can find any information on these ventilation systems and how they operate. Don't do anything too wild while I'm gone, okay? I'll be back up here as soon as I can!"

Otto attempted to fly out of the window, yet his propeller failed to support him. He screamed like a little girl as he fell to the ground below.

fella

"Aaaaaand he's gone," Bryan remarked with a sigh before facepalming. "Ay dios mío, this is confusing..."

"There is a window? Let us keep it open and enjoy the fresh outdoor breeze! It is quite stuffy in here."

ASCEND

Suddenly, Otto returned! It looked like he had undertaken a very harrowing journey and barely survived!

"Alright everyone, listen up!" Otto explained, returning to his podium. "So, as you can imagine, the vent set-up isn't that complicated. It's always circulating air, which means its pulling in and pushing out air. Judging by some old manual I found, the only thing the vents can really detect is how much air is getting through them. So, if there's not enough oxygen getting into the vent, the whole system speeds up, transferring air even quicker to compensate. I wasn’t able to find any special protocols other than that though.."

"Oh, one more thing. I crawled around in the vents to see what the layout was! I think the vents on both floors form circuits, which are connected by long, vertical shafts. The vents going into the reactor also have bars in them, for some extra security I suppose. But the bars have gaps between them, so they aren't perfect or anything."

[put something witty here]

"Now how about that. Would this bit of news be an adequate reason for how that wrapper ended up in the reactor?" Oscar asks the group. "Not enough air is circulating, possibly due to the huge crowd gathered, so the whole system speeds up and the pull is strong enough to pick up a piece of trash from the bathroom. I'd assume the gaps in the bars are large enough that something so small could easily float right by. That might even explain how all that smoke ended up in the auditorium later on, it was all vacuumed out and left to billow around up there when the ventilation went out. It just so happened to enter the auditorium after the bombs went off and unintentionally added to the confusion."

"I doubt the pull was that strong," Koichi said, clutching his chin. "Logically, that would just be too foolish from an architectural standpoint. If any random piece of trash can make it into the reactor without human interaction, then the entire building must have been a joke in the first place...I mean, it is a bathroom. There are paper towels everywhere."

Koichi looked at Jack, hesitantly. "...W-Well, regardless of what I happened, I do not think the blunt made it to the reactor by itself."

"I had no reason to go to the reactor." Jack huffed.

"I didn't mean that..." Koichi said. "The vent may have been able to carry the blunt to the reactor, if the circulation was *that* strong. It just wouldn't be strong enough to actually pull something random from the bathroom..."

"Oh. Well I agree it seems weird, but unfortunately your guess is as good as mine for how it arrived there." He sighed.
Page 105 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus