Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 110 of 115[ 4579 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F1 - Chapter 5 Class TrialTopic%20Title

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"Right, let's cut the theatrics and get down to brass tacks," Jay declared, "Though I do have a couple things to say: You've been... emphasizing certain words. I assume this means something? Also, I guess my hypothesis was right after all. We've probably done this before, many many times. You're just gonna keep running us through the wringer, bringing in new people to replace us, until... what? Until you get bored? Admit it, you're stuck here by your own obsession. By seeing us as mere playthings, you can't move onto better things: Just keep doing the same thing over and over again ad infinitum. Am I wrong?"
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

MechaQdogg wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
Ryuji shivered as he faced his serial killer friend in the face. "S-So, we're saying that you sedated Flo, and put her in a trash bag. Then when we all went to the trash chute together, at the same time, one of us had thrown Flo into the chute and shredded her by accident. B-But, when did you get the chance to re-arrange the crime scene? Like move some of her body parts, put the axe in, and place the origami crane..."

Arthur smiled. "When... indeed? Do you suppose that I needed to? Those things being there... Which, if any, were my doing? I wonder... if you believe that this is a part of the mystery, I would have you tell me those things. Not the other way around."

"U-Uh...is there like, a back door to the trash room?"

Ryuji sighed. "I-I just don't know...H-How do we even know you were at the medical drama room while searching for the antidotes?"

Slezak wrote:
"Right, let's cut the theatrics and get down to brass tacks," Jay declared, "Though I do have a couple things to say: You've been... emphasizing certain words. I assume this means something? Also, I guess my hypothesis was right after all. We've probably done this before, many many times. You're just gonna keep running us through the wringer, bringing in new people to replace us, until... what? Until you get bored? Admit it, you're stuck here by your own obsession. By seeing us as mere playthings, you can't move onto better things: Just keep doing the same thing over and over again ad infinitum. Am I wrong?"

Arthur snapped his fingers. "I thought you'd see something when I did that! Ah, I've been doggedly trying to figure out exactly how your talent works, and I'm finally at long last making progress!"

"... And, frankly, Jay, I'm surprised... you make it sound so brutish, so base! I don't see you as playthings at all! I see you as friends, first! Granted, I do see you as 'subjects', I suppose, if you want to boil it down to a single word. But you get what you ask for, I suppose." Arthur shrugged.

"And anyway, I'm sure you'll want to know that, of the current class roster you're the only one who's done this multiple times. I think we're on... your fifth summer school class? And somehow, you just never seem to fall, either to kill or be killed. This was SiRReN's fifth, too. I thought you two were a fated pair, destined to battle for all eternity. I guess not, though..." Arthur looked down glumly.

Quote:
Ryuji sighed. "I-I just don't know...H-How do we even know you were at the medical drama room while searching for the antidotes?"

Arthur frowned. "You doubt my story about the Medical Drama set? I very clearly searched through the place, just as I said, and as Jay and Sakura can attest to."

"P-Previous iterations..?" Ryuji asked. "F-Fifth game..? What are you talking about..?"

"A-And, no, I just want to know how someone could have planted the crime scene stuff. Like the axe. T-The door was locked from someone on the way out, and that axe came from the Fantasy set. But the only person who was at the Fantasy set before the cleaning was Matt."

"'Friends,' huh? You have a very strange definition of the word, Mr. Ranpo," Jay retorted, "Who did this to you? Why did you need to come here, set all this up, and keep running this game, bringing in new people as if it would fulfill you somehow? Clearly it's not working, because you keep doing it. How can... How can you say that we're friends when you keep locking yourself away? You erase the memories of everyone who makes it to the end, so you can just start all over again. Is that what drives you? Starting friendships all over again just to troll them later? If you could only... stop yourself, just once, we could help you. Instead, you'd rather keep us all here. But no sir, not me. I don't have to stay here. You're a smart man Mr. Ranpo, I'm sure you can figure out exactly what I mean. Even if I fall here..." Jay procured the patch, now incredibly worn and losing its lettering, but still held it up as high as ever, "I've got... people on the outside.

So let's do it then. You want theories? Alright. If you had gone to arrange the crime scene when we were all hefting trash bags into the chute, one of us would have seen you. Thus, you had to have arranged the crime scene before then, which means Flo was 'disposed of' before we all collected our trash together.

Oh, and one more thing, Mister Full-Of-Himself Mastermind. I. Helped. SiRReN. Move. On. She finally escaped through my actions! You wanted her to break a record? Well she found a way to break out, and I was more than happy to give that to her. So if you want people to stay here, looks like you'll need to keep going through me."
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
"'Friends,' huh? You have a very strange definition of the word, Mr. Ranpo," Jay retorted, "Who did this to you? Why did you need to come here, set all this up, and keep running this game, bringing in new people as if it would fulfill you somehow? Clearly it's not working, because you keep doing it. How can... How can you say that we're friends when you keep locking yourself away? You erase the memories of everyone who makes it to the end, so you can just start all over again. Is that what drives you? Starting friendships all over again just to troll them later? If you could only... stop yourself, just once, we could help you. Instead, you'd rather keep us all here. But no sir, not me. I don't have to stay here. You're a smart man Mr. Ranpo, I'm sure you can figure out exactly what I mean. Even if I fall here..." Jay procured the patch, now incredibly worn and losing its lettering, but still held it up as high as ever, "I've got... people on the outside.

So let's do it then. You want theories? Alright. If you had gone to arrange the crime scene when we were all hefting trash bags into the chute, one of us would have seen you. Thus, you had to have arranged the crime scene before then, which means Flo was 'disposed of' before we all collected our trash together.

Oh, and one more thing, Mister Full-Of-Himself Mastermind. I. Helped. SiRReN. Move. On. She finally escaped through my actions! You wanted her to break a record? Well she found a way to break out, and I was more than happy to give that to her. So if you want people to stay here, looks like you'll need to keep going through me."

"So... you seek to implicate me as the blackened?" asked Arthur, amused. "Hmmm... Well, some have taken that path before, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Desperation does breed that sort of silly reasoning. But, before we begin in earnest, there's something I'd like for you to know-- I'm what you've referred to as 'the mastermind', so I'm immune to being randomly executed. So if you accuse me, and you're wrong, I'm not going to die. One of your other classmates, however... not so lucky. You understand."

"But very well, let's discuss your theory." said Arthur. "If you believe that I dealt with Flo before we started cleaning, then I'd risk any of you seeing me with Flo's body. If I had Flo's body in a trash bag, before we started cleaning, you might have noticed, surely. Did any of you see anything like that? Besides, I'm sure that you can figure out why I can't have arranged Flo's crime scene after-the-fact. If you remember the crime scene..."

Spoiler: Body Discovery
The first thing they noticed were drops of blood. Then pools on the floor, then large spatters across the wall. Blood was all over the room, and the stench of death was in the air.

Flesh was strewn about. Arms and legs were dismembered and nearby, a decapitated head sat on top of rubbage.

"...there, you see, don't you? If you check my shoes, you'll see blood on them, but that's just as true for the rest of us-- we all walked down there. But if I'd have been there before... don't you think there would've been something more at the scene of the crime? Something you wouldn't be able to miss?"

"Oh, and Jay? I'm not sure getting into my head is going to be a profitable mode of inquiry for you. I've had far longer to do it to you than you've had to do it to me. If you want me to keep going through you, I don't mind that at all. It hasn't bothered me before, in fact, I relish it."

"P-Please calm down, Jay..." Ryuji said to him. "D-Don't aggravate him...let's just get this trial over with."

MechaQdogg wrote:
"...there, you see, don't you? If you check my shoes, you'll see blood on them, but that's just as true for the rest of us-- we all walked down there. But if I'd have been there before... don't you think there would've been something more at the scene of the crime? Something you wouldn't be able to miss?"

"W-Well, there was a broken bottle," Ryuji said, rocking back and forth. "I-It could have been Flo's when she was cut up in the machine, b-but couldn't it also have been you once you were in the medical drama room?"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"W-Well, there was a broken bottle," Ryuji said, rocking back and forth. "I-It could have been Flo's when she was cut up in the machine, b-but couldn't it also have been you once you were in the medical drama room?"

Arthur frowned and raised an eyebrow. "Interesting notion... In fact, while we're inventing things that we have no proof of, why don't we say that I killed someone that cosplayed as Flo, instead of Flo herself. Or maybe that body was made entirely of paint? That way, no one has to die! We've done it, Ryuji!"

"Y-You could shoot me down a little nicer..." Ryuji whimpered, his posture straining.

Taking a deep sigh, he began to rock back and forth again, unsure of where to proceed.

"Where in my statement did I ask if you were the one who disposed of Flo?" Jay asked nonchalant, "I used the passive voice: 'was disposed of.' Maybe you should try getting out of your own head sometime. You could use a bit of fresh air. Also Mr. Ranpo, I'm disappointed in you, but I expected as much. You said this is what, my fifth time? If that's true, then you've heard me ramble on the same old things five times and yet you still have nothing different to say. I guess it does make sense though: You never could write a good ending. Instead opting to use some tired trope about 'Look at me, I'm the mastermind! Fear me!' In my times here, I've realized that I've forgotten more than you'll ever know. I'm not trying to get into your head Mr. Ranpo, and it's certainly too late for your heart. So what else is there? You're playing a game that you've designed, but one that you yourself can never escape. No matter how many times you win, it'll never be enough. Tell me, Mr. Ranpo, why should we play your game anyway? Enlighten us as to this 'special reward,' because if it's anything but freedom, then the result is the same whether we all pick you or pick one of us."
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
"I guess it does make sense though: You never could write a good ending."

At this, a very complicated expression, somewhere between pain and fear, crossed Arthur's face. He quickly recovered, and said bitterly, "Boy, if you only knew the half of it..."

Quote:
"Enlighten us as to this 'special reward,' because if it's anything but freedom, then the result is the same whether we all pick you or pick one of us."

"Very well," said Arthur, evenly. "If you want to know what my special reward is, I'll be happy to tell you. If you solve my murder, every student other than the blackened will be able to leave this place. Solve my murder, earn your freedom. Fail, and you stay with me another round. It was the same as before, and it shall be so again. But the outcome, as you say, is always the same. Before you, none have succeeded."

"But I will apologize for my jumping to conclusions. If you don't think it was me that disposed of Flo, pray tell, which of your classmates do you suspect? Sakura? Ryuji? Matt? Yourself?"

"And what's to become of you when we do solve your case?" Jay replied, "What do you really want out of life? Is this it? Will you stick around and coax another group of wayward souls into your domain to call your next batch of 'friends?' This will be a hollow victory for me because, as you already know, you have taken four other classes from me. Could it be? Four... years... of memories, just gone? Now you see what I mean when I discussed before about past lives? Past games? Does... does this mean that I'm actually twenty-one years old? I... My brother... how long has he been waiting for me? You are expecting me to cry at this point, aren't you? Well, have your wish." Jay broke down into loud fits of sobbing which would no doubt emanate from learning about four years of missing memories and what all that could mean. Upwards of fifty people who've come and gone before him, all of whom will only be remembered by the one who calls himself the Mastermind. Jay would have his day soon enough, but for now he just wanted to mourn for the large void that no doubt used to be filled with happy, sad, fearful, and inspiring memories. All the knowledge he'd lost, and all the times... he couldn't save the others. That finally broke him, completely and utterly shattering him into a bawling mess on the courtroom floor.
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
"And what's to become of you when we do solve your case?" Jay replied, "What do you really want out of life? Is this it? Will you stick around and coax another group of wayward souls into your domain to call your next batch of 'friends?'

"If you solve it, what do you care what happens to me?" asked Arthur.

Shy guy

MechaQdogg wrote:

"Footprints... footprints in the blood."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"A-And, no, I just want to know how someone could have planted the crime scene stuff. Like the axe. T-The door was locked from someone on the way out, and that axe came from the Fantasy set. But the only person who was at the Fantasy set before the cleaning was Matt."

"The axe could have been placed beforehand... same for the crane, in Flo's mouth while she was still in the bag."

MechaQdogg wrote:

"Because someone like you," Sakura suddenly yelled, finally snapping, "cannot be allowed to live! You're an inhumane monster who lives a sad existence repeatedly running killing games on people!"

KamiPanda wrote:

MechaQdogg wrote:

"Because someone like you," Sakura suddenly yelled, finally snapping, "cannot be allowed to live! You're an inhumane monster who lives a sad existence repeatedly running killing games on people!"

Arthur blinked, his expression neutral. But he stayed silent.

It wasn't enough that Jay was lying in a heap behind his podium, but constant, weak, desperate cries of "I couldn't save them..." could be heard. Echoing throughout his mind, "Four times... I couldn't do it." That sentiment repeated over and over again for several minutes. Then he realized, "Four chances I had... to save SiRReN... and I failed each time... and this time, she... finally did it. She killed... W-why couldn't I get it right just once? Why why why Why Why WHY WHY WHY COULDN'T I SAVE THEM!? FORGIVE ME SIRREN!" The sobs had crescendoed into one final blood-curdling scream before he simply passed out. There was no more crying, just his body, lying there, his resolve gone, vaporized by the revelation.
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

Resisting the urge to run up to Arthur and punch him repeatedly, Sakura settled on trying to sort this case out. There was still always the chance something unexpected might happen. And besides her intentions were probably made abundantly clear by her glare.

"How did you knock Flo out?" She asked.

KamiPanda wrote:
Resisting the urge to run up to Arthur and punch him repeatedly, Sakura settled on trying to sort this case out. There was still always the chance something unexpected might happen. And besides her intentions were probably made abundantly clear by her glare.

Arthur sighed. "I'm here to help you, but I'm not a magic eight ball. You can't just shake answers out of me. Or glare them out of me, for that matter. You tell me how I knocked Flo out."

No other way than to make this mistake.

MechaQdogg wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:

Arthur sighed. "I'm here to help you, but I'm not a magic eight ball. You can't just shake answers out of me. Or glare them out of me, for that matter. You tell me how I knocked Flo out."

"Blunt end of the axe? Or maybe some other kind of poison?"

Shy guy

Sakura sighed. "Fine, then..."

"Though I have to wonder, was the hole in the Medical Drama set wall even real?"

Datamatt wrote:
"Blunt end of the axe? Or maybe some other kind of poison?"

"The axe is... possible, I suppose." admitted Arthur. "But I'd have to work very hard to knock her unconscious, while being light enough not to kill her while I'm at it. That sounds like a lot of precise work. Especially if I didn't have a lot of time to kill. Whoops! Poor choice of words, I suppose."

Sakura wrote:
"Though I have to wonder, was the hole in the Medical Drama set wall even real?"

Arthur smiled what appeared to be a genuine smile. "It was..."

"Bwah!" Jay yelled with a start as he suddenly sat up, then jumped to his feet. He rushed over to Arthur and commented, "Y'know, if we've been together for five years, we must've gotten preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty close."

Jay leaned in and kissed Arthur on the cheek... almost. He reached up and petted the Mystery Novelist on the head instead. He silently walked back to his podium and began to mull over everything in his head.
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

"Can you... describe your hole?" Sakura asked Arthur.

"Flo must have been assaulted in the Medical Drama room, as that was Arthur's responsibility. I guess she was there because of the poison, or antidotes, or maybe some other reasoning of her own. Umm... but we only have Arthur's words there even was a hole, so it's difficult to make deductions about. Can we even tell when the hole was made, for instance?"

Slezak wrote:
"Bwah!" Jay yelled with a start as he suddenly sat up, then jumped to his feet. He rushed over to Arthur and commented, "Y'know, if we've been together for five years, we must've gotten preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty close."

Jay leaned in and kissed Arthur on the cheek... almost. He reached up and petted the Mystery Novelist on the head instead. He silently walked back to his podium and began to mull over everything in his head.

Arthur grimaced, but made very little in the way of sudden reaction. "Er... thanks... I guess? You always have been... quite the stochastic one."

Sakura wrote:
"Can you... describe your hole?" Sakura asked Arthur.

"Flo must have been assaulted in the Medical Drama room, as that was Arthur's responsibility. I guess she was there because of the poison, or antidotes, or maybe some other reasoning of her own. Umm... but we only have Arthur's words there even was a hole, so it's difficult to make deductions about. Can we even tell when the hole was made, for instance?"

Arthur said uncertainly, "Sure. It was about yea big," Arthur motioned, as if to indicate about a doughnut-sized hole, maybe a twinge bigger, "But as to what made it, that's more or less up to your deduction."

Shy guy

"Was it there before you got there? Or did you make it in whatever process you used to knock Flo out?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"Was it there before you got there? Or did you make it in whatever process you used to knock Flo out?"

Arthur considered this a moment. "I'm not sure I can tell you that. But if you were to assume that it was made during the time I knocked Flo out, that wouldn't lead you too far astray, I think."

MechaQdogg wrote:
Slezak wrote:

Arthur grimaced, but made very little in the way of sudden reaction. "Er... thanks... I guess? You always have been... quite the stochastic one."

"For a small man, you sure know some big words," Jay stated with a giggle, "So which year was your favorite? Mine was probably the one where we were about to solve the case but then that guy did the thing and everything went to hell. Ah, good times."
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

"For instance, you might have knocked Flo's head against the wall." Sakura said, still determined to examine every inch of the hole. "Or maybe there was a struggle. Though it feels like we can only make conjecture about that, with so little evidence..."

Slezak wrote:
"For a small man, you sure know some big words," Jay stated with a giggle, "So which year was your favorite? Mine was probably the one where we were about to solve the case but then that guy did the thing and everything went to hell. Ah, good times."

Arthur raised an eyebrow, "You'll need to be more specific."

Last edited by MechaQdogg on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

KamiPanda wrote:
"For instance, you might have knocked Flo's head against the wall." Sakura said, still determined to examine every inch of the hole. "Or maybe there was a struggle. Though it feels like we can only make conjecture about that, with so little evidence..."

Arthur shrugged. "Well, it may or may not be extremely relevant to the case. But if you want to discuss my hole further, I don't suppose I have any objections."

Shy guy

"For now, the projector in the Sci Fi set is still without a complete explanation." Sakura said. "The projection relied on the fog being there, but the fog was there when Jay arrived. If Arthur only found out about Flo when we did, he couldn't have time to set that up. Or am I missing something?" She asked the novelist.

KamiPanda wrote:
"For now, the projector in the Sci Fi set is still without a complete explanation." Sakura said. "The projection relied on the fog being there, but the fog was there when Jay arrived. If Arthur only found out about Flo when we did, he couldn't have time to set that up. Or am I missing something?" She asked the novelist.

"I'm happy you're finally participating, Sakura," said Arthur.

"I won't deny that there's a possibility of me being the person that set those things up..." the diminutive young man said. "But it seems awfully risky, doesn't it? What if Jay had seen me at the sci-fi set? That would've been even more awkward than the affection Jay just showed to me."

Shy guy

"I was participating before." Sakura said angrily. "I'm going to find the truth, I won't just stand by and let despair take over."

"Jay being present does make it an issue for sure. And I assume you really did only find out about Flo when she gave us the cookies?" She asked.

KamiPanda wrote:
"I was participating before." Sakura said angrily. "I'm going to find the truth, I won't just stand by and let despair take over."

"Jay being present does make it an issue for sure. And I assume you really did only find out about Flo when she gave us the cookies?" She asked.

Arthur sighed. "I feel like I'm being awfully lenient with you all. You know, none of the others had to do anything like this. Even Subaru, in his infinite wisdom, decided to clam up after confessing. Well, mostly. C'mon, where's that moxy that you showed during SiRReN's trial? Pick a thread and follow it to its logical conclusion."

Shy guy

"What kind of amateurish mystery novel makes us work without all the facts?" Sakura muttered, annoyed.

"Fine. Let's start by saying Flo set up the hologram, which seems the more reasonable conclusion. Why? Remember, she was interested in catching the mastermind with all this."

KamiPanda wrote:
"What kind of amateurish mystery novel makes us work without all the facts?" Sakura muttered, annoyed.

"Fine. Let's start by saying Flo set up the hologram, which seems the more reasonable conclusion. Why? Remember, she was interested in catching the mastermind with all this."

"B-But, the mastermind wouldn't have shown up at the sci-fi set in the first place," Ryuji noted. "Even before Jay decided to go there, Matt was probably gonna head there anyways..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUWJ-AHBaX0

Shy guy

"Right, so... she set up a hologram to make us think she was at the Sci Fi set." Sakura theorised. "When in reality, she was over at the Medical Drama set - we know that's probably true because Arthur likely attacked her in the set he was responsible for. So then, why was she there? Did she... already know Arthur was the mastermind? Or was it because that area was where the poison and fake antidotes were originally?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"Right, so... she set up a hologram to make us think she was at the Sci Fi set." Sakura theorised. "When in reality, she was over at the Medical Drama set - we know that's probably true because Arthur likely attacked her in the set he was responsible for. So then, why was she there? Did she... already know Arthur was the mastermind? Or was it because that area was where the poison and fake antidotes were originally?"

"Let us say, for the sake of argument, that everything you said is correct. Doesn't that just beg a bigger question?" Arthur asked. "You're starting to see, I think, but you're looking to the other side of the river without leaping to it."

"Like why Flo would need to hide herself..?"
Page 110 of 115 [ 4579 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus