Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 111 of 115[ 4579 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F1 - Chapter 5 Class TrialTopic%20Title

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"There's something glaring staring me right in the face," Jay mused, "If Flo had been disposed of before we all took trash bags to the garbage disposal, I'd think someone would've mentioned being asked to throw something away. But also, the only time the scene could be set up was before we all gathered at the garbage disposal room. Unless you're going to tell me Arthur slipped in unnoticed while we were throwing away bags."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Shy guy

"Umm... at the very least, one explanation for the axe at the scene is that it was dropped down the chute too..." Sakura said. "That way no-one ever had to enter the trash disposal room at any point. The crane could have already been in Flo's mouth, the bottle in her pocket, and the axe dropped down separately. It would be thin enough to drop down unscathed."

"Though that doesn't answer how the axe disappeared in the first place. Matt was in the Fantasy set for all of the first hour, and Arthur would have only decided to go get it after he heard about Flo and decided to set her up, assuming he even is the one who dropped the axe. Maybe Flo brought it with her, when she went to confront Arthur in the Medical Drama set?"

"Oh, right. The reason the crime scene couldn't have been set up was because of the lack of footprints... Okay, I concede that," Jay admitted, trying to remove any intrusive thoughts from his mind about what the mastermind had tried to distract him with--and had briefly succeeded, "So if Flo was carrying the axe, had the bottle in her pocket, was knocked out somehow, had the crane stuck in her mouth, and then her entire body was stuffed into a trash bag and sent on the worst thrill ride in existence... then Arthur never had to enter the crime scene. Thus, there goes my theory from earlier."

Dawn of
The Third Day
-46 Hours Remain-
(As of 2017/07/28 14:46 EDT)

100% pure Joy.

"Oh, come now..." said Arthur. "Just because you didn't see which of you had Flo on them doesn't mean that there's no evidence! Giving up now would be just... so tragic! Don't you think you might've heard a strange sound after her body was processed by the machine? I'm sure it would've sounded quite different from processing dry props and things..."

Shy guy

"Arthur, finding out which of us unknowingly put the bag down the chute doesn't help us." Sakura said. "It's just one person at random dying either way. I'm more interested in pursuing any other chances we have, starting by getting a better understanding of what happened in the Medical Drama set."

"I-I have to agree..." Ryuji said. "I have no idea what I threw away. There's no way for us to tell..."

KamiPanda wrote:
"Arthur, finding out which of us unknowingly put the bag down the chute doesn't help us." Sakura said. "It's just one person at random dying either way. I'm more interested in pursuing any other chances we have, starting by getting a better understanding of what happened in the Medical Drama set."

"Alright, as you wish." said Arthur. "You've alluded here and there, but would you mind summing up what you believed happened there?"

Shy guy

"Flo set up the projector at the Sci Fi set earlier to make us believe she was there. In reality, she went to the Medical Drama set, knowing the mastermind would go there too." Sakura began. "The mastermind, in turn, knew about Monopoison, and so intentionally wanted to go to the same area - you did, after all, speak up first about which set you wanted to explore. Flo... might have come with an axe to fight you? That feels a little questionable. But either way she went there knowing the mastermind would show too. And even if the mastermind didn't arrive, she was still playing the role of 'mastermind' herself, so she'd have been wary of whoever it is that arrived."

"Because she was wary, you couldn't have snuck up on her to knock her out. So there was probably a confrontation of some kind, maybe a struggle. During that time you succeeded in knocking her out. Then, later, you came back with a bin bag and put her inside, which leads to the rest of what we think happened. The issue is that there's still so many blanks and unknowns in that, all about what actually happened when Flo came face to face with Arthur."

The class now (plot) conveniently remembers that each of their shoes are wet--some garbage bags had leaked while they were taking out the trash. Yuck

KamiPanda wrote:
"Flo set up the projector at the Sci Fi set earlier to make us believe she was there. In reality, she went to the Medical Drama set, knowing the mastermind would go there too." Sakura began. "The mastermind, in turn, knew about Monopoison, and so intentionally wanted to go to the same area - you did, after all, speak up first about which set you wanted to explore. Flo... might have come with an axe to fight you? That feels a little questionable. But either way she went there knowing the mastermind would show too. And even if the mastermind didn't arrive, she was still playing the role of 'mastermind' herself, so she'd have been wary of whoever it is that arrived."

"Because she was wary, you couldn't have snuck up on her to knock her out. So there was probably a confrontation of some kind, maybe a struggle. During that time you succeeded in knocking her out. Then, later, you came back with a bin bag and put her inside, which leads to the rest of what we think happened. The issue is that there's still so many blanks and unknowns in that, all about what actually happened when Flo came face to face with Arthur."

"Hmph." Arthur grunted. "No doubt that's how she intended our encounter to go, but it went quite differently."

Arthur raised his hand to his face and looked at his palm. With a wide, sweeping gesture, he said "That theory holds no water!"

"She laid in wait of me, true, but she didn't count on my ability to sneak past her! I'm a serial killer- it's a skill I developed long ago. After sneaking into the Medical Drama set, I took a syringe filled with general anesthetic, it's stored on-set, you see, then I snuck up on my would-be killer, and knocked her out without trading any blows! Did she truly believe she could ambush me? Clearly she was playing at things she didn't understand..."

Ryuji noticed his shoes were wet.

"Um...i-if Flo was in one of our bags that were wet...t-then the person who pushed Flo down the chute should have traces of mono-poison on their shoes...t-then that means...maybe we can narrow down who had Flo in their bag."

Taking a deep breath, Ryuji took a shoe off and had a lick.

Ryuji immediately coughs up blood and collapses.

"R-Ryuji!" Monomi shrieked. "I need an ambulance asap!"

A mini ambulance accommodating for Monomi's size arrives at the scene. She pulls out the necessary materials and injects Ryuji with a large needle.

"OW!" Ryuji yells. "Wait a minute...I feel way better! Better than I've ever felt in my life...even the scar I've had since I was a kid is gone!"

"Of course!" Monokuma smiles. "Monopoison has accelerated healing factor. It kills you too, but if it works in conjunction with an antidote it's basically a medicine."

Ryuji's high immediately diminished once he realized the implications this held.

"...T-The monopoison was on my shoes, so that means Flo was in my trash bag."

He collapsed to the ground, his hands shaking.

Shy guy

"It was always going to be one of us who dropped the bag." Sakura said. "But I refuse to believe it's that simple. Even if Arthur really did knock Flo out without her even realising."

"...Who else could it be..?" Ryuji asked, his body shivering. "...Arthur didn't kill Flo. Flo was in my bag, and she wasn't dead at the time..."

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arthur inhaled sharply. "No... impossible!"

MechaQdogg wrote:
Arthur inhaled sharply. "No... impossible!"

Ryuji turned to Arthur, unsure if this was surprise or sarcasm.

"...Either way, what else is there to discuss..?"

"... I'd like your permission to use the Climax Reasoning lifeline." said Arthur simply.

MechaQdogg wrote:
"... I'd like your permission to use the Climax Reasoning lifeline." said Arthur simply.

"...I vote yes," Ryuji said. "I have nothing else to lose..."

Shy guy

Sakura clicked her tongue in annoyance. "At this point we have no other use for it anyway. Go ahead."

"R-Ryuji!" Jay called out, immediately falling onto his backside clutching his chest, "Oh my god... N-no, if he's the only one, then... Okay, I have to do this, for everyone's sake. If I can't speak after this, I agree to the Climax Reasoning." Jay hastily removed one of his own shoes and, grimacing at the thought, gave the sole a good lick. He immediately went green and felt bile immediately rising up, but he tensed up and did his best to keep it at bay. He waited...

As this is happening, a disclaimer pops up on the screen in big, bold letters reading:
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
"R-Ryuji!" Jay called out, immediately falling onto his backside clutching his chest, "Oh my god... N-no, if he's the only one, then... Okay, I have to do this, for everyone's sake. If I can't speak after this, I agree to the Climax Reasoning." Jay hastily removed one of his own shoes and, grimacing at the thought, gave the sole a good lick. He immediately went green and felt bile immediately rising up, but he tensed up and did his best to keep it at bay. He waited...

As this is happening, a disclaimer pops up on the screen in big, bold letters reading:
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Arthur suppressed a gag. "Stop, please. I'm pretty sure you can just get Monomi to do that. Monokuma would approve."

*Looking down at the pitiful image of Jay doubled over, frozen in time waiting for the result* Poor, poor thing. Mister Ranpo, if you really spent five years with this guy, I'm sure you'd know by now that Jay doesn't exactly think before acting. That's one big reason why I suspect he's been stuck here... if he really has been. I'm sure I and the other narrators who were previously unaware of this fact would love to know what the other classes were like... but I'm sure you either don't have that prepared, or are not going to tell us anyway.
100% pure Joy.

Nothing happened besides Jay getting a bad taste in his mouth

Phew, okay. Jay, stand up and let's get on with this.
"Wa-water! Please, and lots of it!" Jay called as he tried his best to spit out the horrible taste of everything Jay had walked over since he last washed his shoes. He finally made it to his feet, still huffing and trying to ignore the nauseous feeling.
100% pure Joy.

"I'm sorry for my rashness. I have changed my mind." said Arthur. "I think we should save the climax reasoning until we need it."

Arthur went silent. It looked as if he were preparing himself for something.

MechaQdogg wrote:
Slezak wrote:
"And what's to become of you when we do solve your case?" Jay replied, "What do you really want out of life? Is this it? Will you stick around and coax another group of wayward souls into your domain to call your next batch of 'friends?'

"If you solve it, what do you care what happens to me?" asked Arthur.

"I... I also wanted to bring this back up. Mister... no, A-Arthur," Jay continued, starting to feel a bit less regretful about what he'd just done, "F-First of all, it's when we solve it. Second of all, just because you're a s-serial killer doesn't mean I can't still see you as a f-f-friend, right? Even just this one round, which I'm still not convinced isn't the only one, we... we've been through so much. I-I can never forget that you caused the deaths of so many of my other friends, but still, you're a person. Whatever happened to make you this way doesn't make you any less human. You have no less of a soul than any of the others in this room. I might never be able to comprehend what drives someone to do this kind of thing, but I can at least say that I hold no grudge. I... only wish the value of human life was so easily communicated and demonstrated so that I could ask more serial killers why they value other human lives so little. I just want... to understand."
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
"I... I also wanted to bring this back up. Mister... no, A-Arthur," Jay continued, starting to feel a bit less regretful about what he'd just done, "F-First of all, it's when we solve it. Second of all, just because you're a s-serial killer doesn't mean I can't still see you as a f-f-friend, right? Even just this one round, which I'm still not convinced isn't the only one, we... we've been through so much. I-I can never forget that you caused the deaths of so many of my other friends, but still, you're a person. Whatever happened to make you this way doesn't make you any less human. You have no less of a soul than any of the others in this room. I might never be able to comprehend what drives someone to do this kind of thing, but I can at least say that I hold no grudge. I... only wish the value of human life was so easily communicated and demonstrated so that I could ask more serial killers why they value other human lives so little. I just want... to understand."

Arthur sighed, shaking his head. "Jay, you're hopeless... When you solve my murder... I wonder if you'll still find me so opaque. Somehow, I don't think so."

(Sorry for the double post)

"Hopeless? I'll have you know that blind hope is my bread and butter," Jay replied, "And you're certainly not opaque. I can see right through you: You're scared, Arthur, afraid that something is going to go wrong. And when it does, I hope you'll be ready to handle it. I mean, look at me. I've never planned anything but I've made it this far. Maybe I'm just smart enough to handle it, or maybe I'm just extremely lucky, but in any case, I'm always ready to take the unexpected in stride. I may break down, but I always get back up. How about you?"
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
"Hopeless? I'll have you know that blind hope is my bread and butter," Jay replied, "And you're certainly not opaque. I can see right through you: You're scared, Arthur, afraid that something is going to go wrong. And when it does, I hope you'll be ready to handle it. I mean, look at me. I've never planned anything but I've made it this far. Maybe I'm just smart enough to handle it, or maybe I'm just extremely lucky, but in any case, I'm always ready to take the unexpected in stride. I may break down, but I always get back up. How about you?"

Arthur suddenly looked old. "I can only aspire to such things, I'm afraid."

"I do still have some questions, if you'll humor me while we still have time for pleasantries," Jay began, believing he'd proved himself quite nicely so far, "So how old are you anyway? If you've run a bunch of these, how do you live a normal life in between? Also, how do you stay looking so young? Some kind of ointment? All-natural diet? ...Deal with the devil?"
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
"I do still have some questions, if you'll humor me while we still have time for pleasantries," Jay began, believing he'd proved himself quite nicely so far, "So how old are you anyway? If you've run a bunch of these, how do you live a normal life in between? Also, how do you stay looking so young? Some kind of ointment? All-natural diet? ...Deal with the devil?"

Arthur said, "I'd prefer to answer such questions after the trial."

Shy guy

Something about what Monokuma had said was bothering her, and Sakura finally realised something was amiss. "Ah, um... S-so, when F-Flo claimed sh-she was the mastermind, I... hit her a lot." She looked upset at the fact. "I really regret that now... B-but, isn't something strange? Th-there should have been bruising after that, y-yet we never saw that on F-Flo's b-body. L-like the bruises just... disappeared. And o-one of the stratege symptoms of Monopoison is that it super-accelerates healing. S-so... doesn't that mean she was poisoned somehow? Which means she might have already been dead by the time Ryuji dropped the bin bag down the chute."

KamiPanda wrote:
"I really regret that now... B-but, isn't something strange? Th-there should have been bruising after that, y-yet we never saw that on F-Flo's b-body. L-like the bruises just... disappeared. And o-one of the stratege symptoms of Monopoison is that it super-accelerates healing. S-so... doesn't that mean she was poisoned somehow? Which means she might have already been dead by the time Ryuji dropped the bin bag down the chute."

Arthur looked down. "I-I... see... So this is it, then? The answer you've reached?"

He shook his head. "I thought I was fighting here against the four of you... but I see now that really there are five of you here. In the end, it was Flo herself that did me in..."

Arthur laughed bitterly. "For you see, I really did intend only to knock Flo out. But she used her talent, don't you see? I thought sociology was useless, but she ended up reading me like a book. Rather than lying in wait for me, as I supposed, she must have switched the anesthetic and the Monopoison. I can't believe her insight. Impressive, even beyond death."

Arthur looked up, and the others saw tears falling from his face. "I suppose I don't get the right to cry. But I'm going to anyway. None of you can stop me from being sad that my journey here..."

Arthur sobbed, but caught himself. "...my journey here is coming to an end."

"And so, I take the only option that is left to me. I resign."

He went to his fellow students, and earnestly shook their hand. Starting from Ryuji, then Matt, then Jay, who he gave a quick wink to, and finally, to Sakura, to whom he pulled in and whispered something. "I'll trust you to keep that to yourself, until the time is right."

Afterwards, he circled back around to his podium. He'd begun to shake now.

"Monokuma, I'd like to vote now. Arthur Ranpo is the blackened of this case."

"S-see Arthur? If what you say is correct, something just went really wrong for you," Jay commented, doing his best to hold back tears of its own, "I... I still have sympathy for you, y'know. Y-you may be a serial killer, you may have killed hundreds of people, but you were still my friend here. C-can you at least do one more favor for me and tell me [the truth]?"
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
"S-see Arthur? If what you say is correct, something just went really wrong for you," Jay commented, doing his best to hold back tears of its own, "I... I still have sympathy for you, y'know. Y-you may be a serial killer, you may have killed hundreds of people, but you were still my friend here. C-can you at least do one more favor for me and tell me [the truth]?"

"The... truth, you say?" said Arthur. "In a way, I can reveal the truth to you. Hell, in a way, I already have. But in another, more immediate way, I'm afraid I'll have to take it to my final resting place. There's simply no acceptable alternative."

"...W-why are you doing this?" Ryuji asked. "Y-You're the mastermind, aren't you? Y-You could spare yourself...y-you could just end it right now..."

"Arthur, poor poor Arthur, can't even make up his mind in the face of death," Jay commented with genuine pity, "At least I have the gall to speak my mind, what I'm really thinking. Why can't you just be straight with us for once? I understand that your motives may be too complex for me to understand, but... A Wordsmith seeks to learn and, from that learning, seeks to explain. How about this? If... if you have anything to say to the world, why not say it here so I can at least prove there is some human inside that shell of yours."
100% pure Joy.

Slezak wrote:
"Arthur, poor poor Arthur, can't even make up his mind in the face of death," Jay commented with genuine pity, "At least I have the gall to speak my mind, what I'm really thinking. Why can't you just be straight with us for once? I understand that your motives may be too complex for me to understand, but... A Wordsmith seeks to learn and, from that learning, seeks to explain. How about this? If... if you have anything to say to the world, why not say it here so I can at least prove there is some human inside that shell of yours."

Arthur, still shaking, still crying, said, "I want you to remember this moment, when you questioned my resolve. I think you'll laugh about that before the end."
Page 111 of 115 [ 4579 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus