Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 13 of 19[ 721 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next

Re: Scooby-Doo, Starring You: Stage Fright at the Scream ParTopic%20Title

fella

"I mean, if you're not a puppy, shouldn't you find a new catchphrase that doesn't have the word puppy in it?" Fred oh so helpfully pointed out. His head looked like it was spinning and that was the sole thing he could concentrate on.

Happy Maria

"Ah, Fred. Still as practical as ever, I see", Scrappy muttered. "Yet you still miss the obvious- "Puppy Power" is the perfect catchphrase! It's alliterative, snappy, gives a strong underdog feeling... What more could a dog desire? Any other alternative would simply pale in comparison to it, much like how you all pale in comparison to such a fine specimen like myself." He flexed his muscles on them.

Shy guy

"So 'puppy power' is okay but Ed's memes aren't?" 'Psycho' asked sardonically. "You might've only been pretending to be his cousin, but your style senses are on the same wavelength."

Rookie Killer

"I'm sorry dude but like who are you?" it seemed like Shaggy had forgotten who Scrappy was. Maybe it was because it had been a long time since they had last met or maybe he simply didn't want to remember him.

Happy Maria

Both Shaggy's and Psycho's remarks infuriated Scrappy, but all he could do was shake a fist angrily in their direction. How tragic.

ASCEND

Spoiler: Evidence
Scrappy-Doo:
Inside the wreckage of the car, you discover the remains of a low-quality explosive. Among the debris is a charred jacket made to fit a skinny person. Inside are more bomb-making supplies.

While the group is trying to think of a way to get rid of Scrappy-Doo, a white van pulls into the parking lot with “HAPPY VALLEY ANIMAL SHELTER” printed on the side. Two burly men holding long nets get out and run into the park. The gang watches as one of them brings down his net squarely on Scrappy’s head.

“What is the meaning of this?” Scrappy shouts, thrashing against the net.

“Oh, these must be the guys from the pound!” Tucker says, “I called them up a little bit ago, but I didn’t think they’d get here so fast!”

While one of the animal shelter employees tries to get Scrappy under control, the other turns to Tucker.

“This little rascal’s been causing problems for loads of shelters,” he explains, “Thanks for calling him in. We blew about twenty stoplights to get here on time.”

The other fellow hoists Scrappy over his head and marches toward the van.

“No, not the pound! I can’t go back there,” Scrappy shouts, “C’mon, gang! You gotta help me! Just let me join your group again for old time’s sake! Then they’ll have to let me go!”

The gang exchanges glances, but none of them seem interesting in moving.

“I see! So you still haven’t learned your lesson,” Scrappy hisses, “Then this is not the last you’ll see of me! I’ll keep coming back until you know the torment I went through! I hope you’re prepared to face the full wrath of my Puppy Power!”

Scrappy laughs maniacally until the two men hurl him into the back of their van, shut the door, and drive off. Within seconds, the park is quiet again.

“Well, that was definitely a thing,” Tucker says, “But if you all don’t mind, I’ll be taking my leave. Ain’t no point in hanging out here if the concert’s been cancelled, but if the bassist ever gets their arm caught in a revolving door again, don’t hesitate to call me!

With one last wave, Tucker climbs into his car and departs, perhaps a little hastily.

Despite all being gathered up, the group decides to head to the VR stations they were at before to talk, perhaps because they miss seeing Skully.

EXT. WITCH TRIAL CIRCLE - DAY

When the group enters, Skully is sitting at the foot of the dunk tank, using a nail file to hone his fingers into attractive points.

“Oh, there you are!” he shouts, jumping to his feet. “That took you guys a little while. Almost like Tucker turned out to be a robot controlled by a tiny dog and you had a violent confrontation with him. But that’s ridiculous, right?”

“Anyway, let’s back to discussing things. Let me know if you want to try Unmasking again!”

[Due to the successful unmasking, Fear will decrease by 5. The new level is 26.]
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Scooby nervously avoids eye contact with animal control. It'd be pretty bad if they took him as well. Thankfully, they were just after Scrappy.

"Phew, bye-bye Scrappy!" he waves.

Planetbox wrote:
“No, not the pound! I can’t go back there,” Scrappy shouts, “C’mon, gang! You gotta help me! Just let me join your group again for old time’s sake! Then they’ll have to let me go!”

"..Roh... Roh no..."

Scooby looks on at his nephew a bit teary eyed.

"Rall you wanted... was to belong... just say it... be less annoying... rhen you rould've."

"That was a real bruh moment, dudes..." Ed said. "Haha, I uh, I said some weird stuff back there, huh? That was... Eyyyyy, check out this meme!".

"Um."

Deianira coughed.

"ANYWAY. We've still got, what, four other bad guys to catch?" She crossed her arms. "What's the plan?"

"I can't look for clues yet, but I can get Daphne or Gabby onto the Stage. Maybe one of them can search for clues after that?"

fella

Fred was just completely flabbergasted at the events had had just unfolded. He ran a hand through his blonde hair and let out a small sigh.

"Well, that was... something. Anyway, moving on..."

He cleared his throat.

"I set a trap at the fairgrounds because I figured a monster would attack us there, and I was right. Psycho got caught up in the trap -- sorry about that, by the way," he said, glancing over at Psycho. "but at the same time, the elephant head got caught too. And once I checked it out afterwards, beneath one of the screws was a piece of long hair. So that leads to one answer -- the elephant head has long hair!"

He grinned, looking quite proud of himself.

"If you're wondering how I got that, I'm pretty good at making traps, so if I make one and a monster attacks in the same place, I'll be able to get some evidence on them, too," he elucidated.

Shy guy

"Back to normal again, huh Ed? For a moment there you seemed like a real human being," 'Psycho' commented. She definitely seemed calmer now that they'd apprehended one of the villains.

"As for me, I'm gonna go grab a piece of evidence. I can go anywhere, so, any suggestions? Though I might just do my own thing anyway, keep the monsters guessing."

She seemed surprised by Fred's revelation. "So that's what you were up to! And here I was thinking you just didn't like me. That rounds it down a fair bit, huh... Assuming all the evidence for the flying head is accurate, anyway."

"Well, we know that Lori's was right, so the elephant head is definitely left-handed."

Then Deianira's eyes widened. "Oh. Um. Yeah. I forgot about something." She scratched the back of her head sheepishly. "I, uh... found some evidence a while back. Some diamonds in a guitar case. I think someone was smuggling them? Whatever - the point is, it's got nothing to do with the monsters."

After a brief pause, she added, "What? I'm not gonna keep the diamonds. I'm turning them in to the police once we're out of here, obviously."

UkuleleLady wrote:
"Well, we know that Lori's was right, so the elephant head is definitely left-handed."

Then Deianira's eyes widened. "Oh. Um. Yeah. I forgot about something." She scratched the back of her head sheepishly. "I, uh... found some evidence a while back. Some diamonds in a guitar case. I think someone was smuggling them? Whatever - the point is, it's got nothing to do with the monsters."

After a brief pause, she added, "What? I'm not gonna keep the diamonds. I'm turning them in to the police once we're out of here, obviously."

"... Uhhh, isn't that Gerald's case? The one he told us to never touch?"

DootDootDoot wrote:
"... Uhhh, isn't that Gerald's case? The one he told us to never touch?"

Deianira shrugged. "I'unno whose it is." Then she blinked. "Wait. Gerald plays guitar, too?"

UkuleleLady wrote:
Deianira shrugged. "I'unno whose it is." Then she blinked. "Wait. Gerald plays guitar, too?"

"No, no, he doesn't." Ed elucidated.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"No, no, you guys, I just searched my memory ((aka the previous split up phases)) and Nira found her evidence - which we can now assume to be that guitar case - in the trunk of some random car in the parking lot," Dario elucidated further, "It has nothing to do with us, unless one of us didn't arrive here via the tour bus."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Wow it looks like "gabby" found a clue!

It seems her clue indicates that the monsters are all disguised clowns probably.

And by clue I just mean this is the thought that occurs to everyone when they see Gabby drinking a glass of milk and spraying it out of her eyes.

Shy guy

"...Ugh. I liked it better when I was unconscious," 'Psycho' said, grimacing and turning away.

"Smuggled diamonds, huh? Wonder if that has anything to do with what's been happening here? Maybe someone needed everyone scared off, or something. I dunno," she then said, shrugging. "Either way we need more clues. Blaze, ya planning to pick up the evidence at the Power Plant?"

"...Oh. Yeah. There's probably something useful over there, huh?" Vickie sighed and pushed some of her hair back. "Sorry, guys. Maybe Blaze'll have better luck looking around there than I did. I'm... not sure if I'm ready to go off on my own again. Heh... Uh, I can probably put on a little show to boost morale if ya want... Actually, do we still want to discuss what we're doing in the open like this? Kinda backfired last time when Tuck... er, Scrap crashed the party.

"...Ya don't know any other dogs or cats or anything like that who has another robot suit, right?" she asked the Mystery Inc. gang.

Sock

“I think we can be more open now.” Zorroe nods.

“That evil little pup played like one of us, so he could dance around the park and jump through doors to reach us when we all agree to meet up at one spot.”

“The monsters work different, though.” Zorroe continues. “If we look back at their actions last round and who they hit, we might get a decent idea where they are and where they can reach. If we plan to go somewhere a few tiles away, we might get lucky.”

“Plus, Freddy-Bear might be able to trap one of em if they come close! Or someone can BE THE BAIT, which should seriously help if we all agree to meet up in one spot.”

Zorroe suddenly realizes he hasn’t gone off on some stupid rant about order, justice, and humanity, so he does just that. Feel free to ignore him.

ASCEND

[Actions will be SCOOBY DOOBY due on Saturday at 2 P.M., assuming another Unmasking doesn’t happen.

Since y’all might have forgotten, here’s a reminder that Moe will be the first player.]
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

The American Dream

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"...Ya don't know any other dogs or cats or anything like that who has another robot suit, right?" she asked the Mystery Inc. gang.

“No, not really. Just Scrappy,” Daphne replied bluntly. “Anyway, I’m going to try moving around some more. If anyone needs me to be somewhere, just let me know.”

Deianira nodded to Daphne.

Then she turned to Gabby and tried not to look nauseated. "Hey. Can you, um. Can you look for clues?"

ASCEND

Feeling re-energized after his successful Unmasking, Ed leaps into the air and does twenty front-flips.

“Let’s split up, gangerinos!” he shouts.

Everybody needs no further urging as they take off their helmets and rush off to hunt down more evidence. Ed lands face-first on the ground before disappearing as well.

“Aw, they grow up so fast,” Skully mumbles, “Hopefully they all come back safe and sound!”

Spoiler: Monster Attack 1
—The elephant shambler charges into the eateries, pinning Daphne against a taco stand! She struggles to get free, but the shambler is too powerful!
—The elephant head is on the move!
—The wraith is on the move!
—The spider is silent.

Spoiler: Turn 1
—Moe Searches for Clues! He finds some secret evidence in the cash register of one of the stores! Not like he was looking for anything else in there!
—Gabby is trapped! She can’t do anything!
—Vicky Raises Morale! She tries to put on another show, but Psycho isn’t interested in playing this time. She’s stuck having to do a mournful piano ballad despite not having played much piano. It’s pretty bad, but it’s the thought that counts! Fred, Scooby, and Psycho’s Courage increase by 4. Vicky’s increases by 2.
—Ed does nothing.
—Deianira Sets a Trap! Apparently having enough of the clown’s shenanigans, she traps Gabby in some stocks and starts hurling tomatoes at her. However, she’s disturbed to see Gabby’s jaw stretch unnaturally far to gobble up the tomatoes. The clown gets the last laugh in the end.
—Fred tries to Be the Bait! He climbs into one of the bumper cars and shouts “What could possibly go wrong?”, hoping to attract one of the monsters for an epic bumper car chase scene. Unfortunately, none of them like the idea.
—Daphne is pinned! She can’t move!
—Psycho uses Scooby Dooby Doors! She straps into a seat on the drop tower and rockets into the air, eventually landing safely at the Power Plant.
—Blaze Searches for Clues! He discovers some big evidence inside the furnace and reaches in to pull it out! Sparks from his flaming hand accidentally light up Psycho’s jacket, but at least he found that valuable clue!
—Shaggy uses Scooby Dooby Doors! He charges into the forest, finds an old, rotting log, and crawls inside. He emerges from a pipe in the Power Plant! But there’s nothing left for him here, is there?
—Scooby uses Scooby Dooby Doors! Instead of using the door like a normal dog-person, he hurls himself through a window and winds up crashing out of a mirror in the depths of the Funhouse!
—Dario Runs East! He jumps into a passing coaster and rides back out to the Maw, spotting Ed waving to him from one of the platforms.

Current Positions

Spoiler: Monster Attack 2
—The elephant shambler is on the move!
—The elephant head unleashes a tsunami from its snout! The wave sweeps across the park, knocking several innocent civilians on their butts. Fred, Vicky, Deianira, Daphne, and Gabby are tripped up by the current! [Fear level increases by 5]
—The wraith plays Baby Shark on its bagpipes loudly! Still soaked, Gabby, Deianira, and Daphne hear it and become distressed! This is not a good day for them…[Fear increases by 3]
—The spider sings a Hypnotic Song! But no one is around to hear it…

Spoiler: Turn 2
—Moe Runs West! He sprints into the Stage but begins to feel an enormous dread, as if this was one of the worst life choices he ever made!
—Gabby Searches for Clues! She pulls some evidence out of Deianira’s ear!
—Vicky does nothing.
—Ed Raises Morale! He creates his Last Meme and Testament, bequeathing all of his karma to Dario in the event of his demise. Dario is quite pleased at his inheritance! Dario’s Courage increases by 4. Ed’s Courage increases by 2.
—Deianira does nothing.
—Fred Runs South! He enters the Funhouse by means of the door, tracking mud all over the carpet. The clowns will surely remember this.
—Daphne uses Scooby Dooby Doors! Deciding that she doesn’t feel safe in the Eateries anymore, Daphne climbs into a nearby refrigerator. She exits through an identical refrigerator in the Funhouse. Wait, what’s that doing here?
—Psycho Searches for Clues! She runs her fingers desperately along the floor of the Power Plant, desperately searching for the evidence that Blaze had already taken. Unable to make progress, she bursts into tears. Shaggy soothingly informs her that this is a fruitless endeavor.
—Blaze does nothing.
—Shaggy does nothing.
—Scooby Searches for Clues! He grabs some evidence from the bottom of the clowns’ secret indoor swimming pool.
—Dario Searches for Clues! He discovers a bit of evidence in a vending machine outside the entrance to The Maw.

Fear Level: 34

Uh oh, looks like someone’s boogieing out of here!

[Once again, do not post until my next post.]

ASCEND

EXT. PARKING LOT - NIGHT

At the edge of the parking lot, a lone figure stands, holding a suitcase.

It's ED. He worriedly glances back at the park, his hair still bleached white, apparently not ready to spend another second here.

He keeps checking his watch, obviously waiting for something...or someone.

Another figure approached.

"Hey." Deianira rubbed the back of her head. "You, um. You look like you're leaving."

And awkward pause. She shuffled her feet.

"You gonna be okay?"

"... Er, yeah pretty much. Sorry about this. Can you tell the rest of the band that-"

Ed's (probably) very heartfelt goodbye was interrupted by a monster truck barreling into the parking lot, blaring some generic heavy metal at an annoying volume.

A decrepit, near mummified, corpse looking old man put his head out the window and somehow managed to yell over the music: "EYYYYYYY, TRIPLE E?! HOW'S IT HANGING BRO?!"

"... Eyyy, Big Rig. I saw a giant spider today and got the color spooked out of my hair."

"[EXPLETIVE]ING SAVAGE BRO, BEEN THERE! GET YOUR [EXPLETIVE] IN HERE!"

Ed clumsily climbed onto the passenger's seat, shooting Deianira an apologetic look. "Well. Seeya! Good luck out there! Don't become spider food!"

As quickly as it came, the truck speeded out, leaving behind nothing... Except Ed's ID card that fell out while he was getting on.

[You got Ed's ID Card! It smells of midlife crisis and despair. Also no evidence lol]

Deianira stared at the monster truck as it peeled out of the parking lot.

Then she stared at the ID card she had picked up.

"Um."

She pocketed the card and made her way back to the others.

"So, uh... Ed's gone." She crossed her arms. "Now what."

((ignore I jumped the gun silly me))
100% pure Joy.

Last edited by Slezak on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

Deianira watches as Ed drives off in the monster truck. She walks over and collects his ID card from the ground.

Indeed, he didn't collect any evidence.

She turns and heads back into the park.

EXT. WITCH TRIAL CIRCLE - DAY

As everyone enters the virtual world again, they notice that Skully has suddenly become SUPER BUFF.

"Aw yeah," he says, flexing. "That was a real good workout! I feel great! I bet now if you guys tried to Unmask a monster, I could Unmask them again as many times as you wanted!"

Skully steps on a sharp rock and then zooms into the air, deflating like a balloon until he's back to his adorable self. Then he lands safely in the middle of the clearing.

"Let's get back to it, everyone! Try not to mess up!"

[Also you can only Unmask 3 times in one phase. Get crackin'!]

Shy guy

'Psycho' didn't waste any time. She used VR magic to spawn a drone, crushed it in her hands, and then threw the flaming wreck at Blaze. Okay so maybe she was wasting time by doing that but she needed to get it out of her system.

Sock

Zorroe walks up but his FAT WALLET falls out of his butt pocket and everyone can see the ONE GAJILLION DOLLAR BILL poking out.

“Oh, sorry, citizens. All I found was a fat stack of cash. It’s useless for our monster hunt, but when this is all over I'm gonna go back home to Hawaii for a trip! Maybe bail that bassist man out of jail for the band that I’m not a part of because I’m totally not Moe, dude.”

Zorroe sighs deeply. “We’re so screwed...”

Last edited by Kachu on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dario, having sufficiently come to grips with the virtual world, entered through a ground-level door this time. He struck a halfhearted pose as he arrived. "Eyyyyy, everyone! I-" he began, slumping immediatly, ". . . can't keep that up for more than a second. I could feel my soul dying already. It takes a special kind of person to meme like Ed did, and I am just not cut out for it."

He procures a bottle of soda from his pocket. "Anyone want some Nuka-Cola? I found it in the Maw, but it's just not my kinda thing. Besides, it's useless to the investigation anyway." He held out the bottle, the carbonated liquid inside seeming to glow faintly, in case someone else wanted it.
100% pure Joy.

The American Dream

Daphne puked after being throttled by monsters for the entire round. She then puked again upon seeing her new cards. After a few minutes of more puke followed by the brushing of her teeth and gargling of minty-fresh mouthwash, she regained her composure.

"Alright, well, that was terrible."

"Alright, crabcakes! I've been doing some searching in the place of Vickie, and I found something interesting!"

Blaze took out several bags that he found in the furnace, with 'elephant body parts' written on the bags. He explained that since the culprit needed to carry around the bags separately, the culprit must have been weak AF.

"Like my aunt Shrimpy," Blaze nodded. "Her arms were basically just brittle bone. Anyways, the elephant shambler has to be skinny."

"Hey, Skully, I have a couple more questions: If a monster-controlling villain is trapped, is it safe to assume they could still control their monster, since the monster attacks seem to happen before all of us can do anything? Also, if a villain runs away due to fear, can they still remotely control their monster?" Dario asked while pondering the evidence Blaze found.
100% pure Joy.

ASCEND

Slezak wrote:
"Hey, Skully, I have a couple more questions: If a monster-controlling villain is trapped, is it safe to assume they could still control their monster, since the monster attacks seem to happen before all of us can do anything? Also, if a villain runs away due to fear, can they still remotely control their monster?" Dario asked while pondering the evidence Blaze found.

"Traps only affect players, so monsters can keep attacking people," Skully explains, "And yeah, villains can still control their monster remotely if they run away, but I don't think they'd ever get scared enough to actually need to."

Shy guy

'Psycho' sighed, having calmed down a little after lobbing the drone at Blaze. "When we go back to searching after this, I can do the same thing again. Move anywhere and try to find a clue. Any good targets, or should I just go somewhere where I won't waste my time this time?"

KamiPanda wrote:
'Psycho' sighed, having calmed down a little after lobbing the drone at Blaze. "When we go back to searching after this, I can do the same thing again. Move anywhere and try to find a clue. Any good targets, or should I just go somewhere where I won't waste my time this time?"

Blaze opened his mouth to stick his tongue out at Psycho, but the drone came hurdling towards him and comically knocked all of his teeth out.

ASCEND

[Oops I forgot the turn order. The first player will be Daphne.

Spoiler: Turn Order
Daphne, Psycho, Blaze, Shaggy, Scooby, Dario, Moe, Gabby, Vicky, Deianira, Fred

]

Page 13 of 19 [ 721 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus