Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 14 of 19[ 721 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next

Re: Scooby-Doo, Starring You: Stage Fright at the Scream ParTopic%20Title

Scooby looks a bit down. He stares at Gabby with puppy eyes and mutters:

"Sorry. RI drained the pool."

It appears the "evidence" he found was totally useless.

He crouches in place, intending not to move it seems.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
KamiPanda wrote:
'Psycho' sighed, having calmed down a little after lobbing the drone at Blaze. "When we go back to searching after this, I can do the same thing again. Move anywhere and try to find a clue. Any good targets, or should I just go somewhere where I won't waste my time this time?"

Blaze opened his mouth to stick his tongue out at Psycho, but the drone came hurdling towards him and comically knocked all of his teeth out.

"Not again..." Vickie groaned, simply shaking her head as if this were a regular occurrence. "Well, anyway, good work with the evidence.

"Um, not sure what I should do this time around. I can just keep doing what I've been doing, unless any of ya have a better idea, though I'll have to stay put if that's the case..."

Gabby takes mercy upon Scooby, but he knows in his heart that he will never be safe again at night.

Gabby places the coin she actually just straight up stole from Deianara and then puts it back in her ear. She opens her hand. The clown just destroyed evidence, that's pretty hecked up!

Gabby makes a smug face and goes back to her ear, maybe she'll bring the coin back!

She pulls and then a bunch of long line of knotted handkerchiefs stars peeling from her ear. "Hyuk!"

Disgusting.

Shy guy

"Maybe we should just Unmask Gabby and get this over with..." 'Psycho' muttered, looking away from the horror.

"We probably should try to Unmask someone at least, though," she continued, looking around at the other remaining people. "That includes people who've run, they might just be controlling their monsters from outside the park. Any ideas? Anyone who's close to running anyway who could do the honours?"

"If we take unmask that clown, she might just melt," Blaze sighed. "Like my stepbrother Lava when he fell into a vat of acid at work. They never did find his buried treasure..."

Blaze began sobbing out of nowhere, making everything really awkward.

Sock

Zorroe raises a hand.

"I can unmask, if we require it. However, I also have a chance to raise morale, though there is not anyone close by."

"We can freely discuss and examine evidence and see if there is anyone worth unmasking."

While Blaze cries, Gabby laughs at him menacingly.

She then takes out an arrow and shoves it through Blazes skull???

Everyone is pretty sure this counts as torture and is a war crime???

She puts another arrow through his head. It's kinda funny in the way that people sometimes laugh when their hopes are completely crushed. Otherwise, it's just grotesque.

She eyes Zorroe. It is clear she is sizing him up for something truly awful.

Blaze held up his arms as he bled from his face, due to the arrows that were pierced into his skull. He kneeled over and canonically died. Sorry, Planetbox!

"Someone use a Revival Bead!" called someone from the distance. Who could it be..?

Shy guy

'Psycho' took off her VR headset. No way she was dealing with this.

In the real world she took a look at Blaze's slumped form and considered kicking him in the shin as payback. He was already going through far worse now though, so she let him off.

The American Dream

“Using this!” Daphne cried out as she threw a Revival Bead at Blaze. It fell into one of his open wounds with a “plop” sound.

"R-R-R- Roh no!" Scooby screams. He cowers and trembles in fear, the plop from Daphne's revival bead only making him jump.

When Psycho takes off her headset, she sees Gabby standing over Blaze's unconscious body.

She takes out a gun and aims it at Blaze's head. Light glints off the cold metal.

Psycho is powerless as Gabby squeezes the trigger.

A stick comes out of the end of the gun and a little paper unfurls, reading "Bang".

We live in a society. Blaze is fully dead.

Gabby unicycles away from the scene of the crime.

Sock

“I’m probably gonna run away and try to save my own hide.” Zorroe says.

“If anyone wants an unmask we best be doing it now, because I think I’ve had enough of this park.” Zorroe sighs.

Shy guy

'Psycho' silently and carefully put the VR helmet back on her head. She would take what she'd seen to her grave.

She managed to return just in time to hear Zorroe's comment. "I don't really want to suspect my own band, especially not her, but I say we check to see if Deianira's the Spider. There's only a few options left now, if we believe Dario's evidence, and I dunno, it just kinda seems like a monster she'd design."

Sock

Zorroe perks up. “Really?” He asks. “Very well!”

He points his foam sword at Deianira. “Foul beast! The spider that weaves lies! Tonight, humanity will reveal you for what you really are!” He says, knowing full well that this could be way off the mark.

Zorroe approaches her for an unmasking, but he needs a large crowd to cheer him on!

"Res, res, unmask her," said Scooby. "N-no more skedaddling, prease."

"I don't wanna believe Dei could be behind this, but I feel like we gotta take a shot at solving this before we all lose our nerves," Vickie frowned and nodded. "Let's do it."

Shy guy

"Even if we're wrong, it helps round down the suspects. Nira stays to help, Moe goes home but he was gonna anyway." She didn't call him 'Zorroe'. How rude! "So uh, I guess, don't be guilty Nira!" she added a little unreasonably.

ASCEND

Skully pushes Deianira up into the dunk tank. She sits on the chair with her arms crossed, looking incredibly displeased.

Zorroe bravely marches out into the center of the trial area and aims his sword at Deianira. Skully tried to hand him a skull, but he bats it away, apparently confident that he doesn’t need it.

“Alright, everyone, it’s time to get voting!” Skully says, “I wonder if this is the best idea. I guess we’ll have to find out the hard way!”

[Majority is 6. Moe has already voted. And Scooby.]
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rookie Killer

"Yay!"

Shy guy

"Yay!" 'Psycho' shouted with a raised fist, before lowering her arm awkwardly. "Not that I really think it's you, Nira!"

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

"I . . . don't want to believe Nira could be controlling a monster, but if Mo-er, Zorroe was going to leave anyway, and we're wrong, then at least that confirms two heroes - assuming everyone else is telling the truth about their evidence - one of which gets to stay. If he's right though, that's another villain we no longer have to deal with," Dario commented, holding his chin and looking pensive, "Thus, given our current situation, I vote YAY."
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Blaze had died, but his dead body had morphed into the letters 'YAY' somehow. Don't think about it.

ASCEND

Zorroe throws his rapier like a javelin, point-first, into the target. It skewers the target right in the center with a thwack then starts spinning. The handle hits the ground on the way around, causing it to snap away from the target and right into Zorroe's hand. It sounds totally unrealistic, but it works.

Everyone is so impressed with Zorroe's dexterous display that they almost miss Deianira falling into the water. She slips gracefully in, her hair flowing around her. The water changes color once again, this time turning a sickly, ectoplasmic green.

"Wait, what?" Skully shouts, "The spider really is Deianira! That's insane! How'd you guys figure it out so fast?"

No one is forced out of the program yet. It seems Skully is still surprised that that actually worked.

[I haven't discussed the next scene with Uku and also her hand broke and also she's at work. So you can just react for now I guess, but don't do anything wild.

Oh yeah also Fear Level decreases by 5.]
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Sock

Zorroe does a flashy pose, tipping his hat over his eyes like some cool wild west cowboy, or that one dude form Overwatch, or something, facing away from the tank and from the rest of the group.

"All in a days work, amigos... We have opened our third eye and seen beyond the mortal realm!"

Shy guy

"Nira, I said don't be guilty!" 'Psycho' exclaimed, looking shocked. "But it really was you?"

ASCEND

Before Psycho could receive an answer for her question, Skully's brain caught up and everyone was kicked out of the system.

EXT. SKULLY'S FINAL DESTINATION MAW - NIGHT

Deianira sprints into The Maw, sets up the controls, and leaps into the coaster as it takes off. Dario, standing nearby, watches with mild consternation.

The rest of the group, all trying to track down Deianira, reunites at the coaster platform. Dario points into the ride.

"She's in there! I saw her!"

Zorroe, leading the pack, smiles proudly,

"We've got her now! There's no escape from those Catacombs! Come on, follow my lead!"

Moe climbs into one of the cars and gestures for someone to join him. The entire group thinks the motion is directed towards them, so they all try to cram into the car, going far beyond the coaster's seating capacity. Dario uses the control panel to start the coaster and then long jumps after them.

INT. SKULLY'S FINAL DESTINATION CATACOMBS - NIGHT

The ride into the depths is crowded and uncomfortable. It's frankly a wonder that everyone survives.

As the group turns a corner, the car buckles under the weight and throws everyone out. They land in a heap on one of the maintenance platforms carved into the tunnel.

Rising to their feet, they see Deianira running into the darkness. Where is she going? The group has no choice but to chase after her!

Sock

Zorroe scrapes his blade against the tunnel wall and it ignites like a torch! Somehow!

"Onward, Heroes! We must catch the foul villain!" He leads the charge into the darkness, pointing his blade that's actually on fire in front of him, flailing it around making some totally sick light patterns.

Shy guy

"Come on Nira, we can still talk about this!" 'Psycho' called after her fleeing bandmate, running behind Zorroe. "Unlike Tuc- er, I mean Scrappy, you didn't like set anyone's hair on fire or anything! Actually your spiderbot was pretty cool!"

A shadow bounces against the wall. An orange-haired monster comes into view in front of Zorroe. Gabby.

She winks to the audience and then blows out the flame on Zorroe's sword.

The tunnel goes black. A couple of funny cartoon sounds can be heard.

Gabby relights the sword but Zorroe is gone.

She leads the way now. Follow her if you dare.

The muffled sound of screaming can be heard from far away.

Dario kept doing long jumps and frontflip dives to gain speed like in those speedrun videos, because that's totally the way physics works. Luckily, the tunnel was well-lit because it's a maintenance tunnel and it better be lest OSHA has a serious problem with this park.

"Get back here, Nira! It doesn't have to be like this!" Dario called out as the group pressed forth, deeper into the bowels of the park. "You can still go quietly, and after your jail time is up, maybe we'll even let you back into the band!" As if Dario had any say in the matter anyway . . . .
100% pure Joy.

Blaze's body rolled across the floor, following the others. The amount of movement this corpse had was remarkable, considering that the dead normally cannot move after being killed.

Deianira darted through Skully’s Catacombs, dodging whatever obstacles she couldn’t jump over, and arrived at the roller coaster.

“Aw, heck,” she panted. The roller coaster hadn’t arrived yet.

She turned as the rest of the group caught up to her. Deianira was cornered.

“Fine.” She crossed her arms. “You wanna talk, Psycho? I’ll talk.

“We had a vision when Stranger Strings started out. Remember? We were gonna be different. Unique. Inspiring. We were gonna show the world that music isn’t rock or hip-hop or classical or whatever. You can’t just put music into neat little labeled boxes. Music is art. Our music is art. That’s what I thought we were all about.” She gave a significant look to Vicky and Psycho. “And I thought you felt that way, too. But then you were all, ‘Ooh, we need gimmicks!

Deianira threw her arms up as she said in a mocking voice, “Let’s get some lasers! Let’s get fireworks! Let’s get drones! Let’s have like twenty bass players because we can’t keep them around! Let’s get a saxophone player! Let’s keep setting the stage on fire. Who cares if half of our audience gets scared away? Who cares if the rest of them are too distracted by all the drama and the weird noises and the over-the-top special effects and the stage catching on fire to even listen to us? As long as we’re putting on a show, right?" She lowered her voice to a growl. "Well, guess what. Enough is enough. This was Stranger Strings’ goodbye tour. I was gonna make sure we went out with a bang. And then I was gonna go solo.

“And you know what? I would’ve gotten away with it, too, if…” The sound of a probably-not-up-to-code roller coaster roaring and squealing to a stop on the track behind her caused Deianira to laugh. “Actually? It looks like I’ll get away with it after all.”

She produced an oversized remote control from her pocket and pressed the big red button in the center of it. A familiar, hypnotic song rang out, temporarily freezing everyone else in place. The massive spider-bot emerged behind the group, blocking their way back out, as Deianira hopped onto the roller coaster. She smirked and flipped her hair back. Sticking out of her exposed ear was an earplug.

The roller coaster took off toward the Maw just as the song ended and everyone was released from its effect.

The spider-bot cracked its knuckles as if to say, You’re gonna have to go through me.

Shy guy

"So uh... I kinda see where she's coming from," 'Psycho' said awkwardly, backing away from the spider-bot. "Is she really going to get jail time for this? I mean she's right! Stranger Strings is a complete mess. I doubt most in the audience would even want to press charges after all this, today was just a typical SS concert turned up to 11." The back of her foot banged up against a barrier, and she looked around in panic. "So uh, maybe we should just let her go? And maybe the cool spider robot won't have to rough us up?"

"...She always was a stubborn one, huh?"

Vickie sighed and took a few nonchalant steps from the group, towards the large mech barring their path, paying little mind to Psycho's suggestion to just let her bandmate off the hook. "Well, normally it'd be Ed's job to keep this crazy gang in line, but with him outta the picture, looks like I gotta step up," she quipped. The lead vocalist stretched her arms over her head, then glanced over her shoulder with an apologetic smile. "Sorry bout this, kids. Ya mind going after Dei while I keep this thing busy? I'll catch up with ya in a few."

She turned to face her robotic opponent, rolled her head on her shoulders a bit, then spread her arms and legs in a fighting stance.

After recovering from the hypnotic song - which he vowed to remember in case he ever had a chance as a musician himself - Dario pulled out the inline skates his brother made for him and began grinding one of the roller coaster rails, further ignoring the laws of physics and common sense, in an attempt to pursue the cart in which Deianira was trying to escape.
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

"Right, guess we're doing this then..." 'Psycho' said worriedly. "Beat that robot like a drum, Vickie! You'd better not get hurt!" she called out, running past the spider-bot while Victoria kept it occupied. She didn't have any fancy moves like Dario so she had to chase Deianira down on foot; hopefully she wouldn't get lost in the catacombs.

Scooby, being a dog, could have easily gotten there first, thanks to his running on four legs. However, he was still afraid of the monster, so purposefully ran a bit behind everyone else.

He stood a good distance away from everyone, nodding in agreement whenever necessary.

The spider-bot lashed out with two of its giant legs, trying to catch Psycho and Scooby before they could run past. But they were too quick -- and the bot hissed and whirled around and flung its silk web at them from behind.

---

Meanwhile, Deianira happened to turn her head and saw that Dario was... on the track? And he was starting to catch up to her?

"Aw, [CENSORED]--" the coaster car squealed as it took a sharp turn and drowned her out.

She was almost at the landing spot. But if she sat still until then, the roller coaster would slow down and Dario would catch her for sure. Even if she had a head start, she couldn't outrun someone on skates. She had to think of something!

There was a fence up ahead, separating this section from the go-kart track. If she could just get over it...

Deianira braced herself against the edge of the coaster car. When it went to take another sharp turn--

She jumped.

Deianira made a Dexterity saving throw!

Deianira rolled a 14!

Failure!

Deianira took 1d6 falling damage and landed prone!

She grunted and scrambled to her feet and made a desperate dash for the fence, kicking up some dirt as she went.

Last edited by UkuleleLady on Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scooby briefly looks back at the robot that nearly got him.

'I rust...' he thinks to himself. 'Ro-one else can run as fast...'

He takes a huge gulp, and goes down on all fours.

Bark, bark.

He runs with all his might to the rollercoasters, letting his canine instincts take over. He did his best to ignore any fear, and gave chase with the intention of capture.

Last edited by Lone on Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Page 14 of 19 [ 721 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus