Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 14 of 18[ 705 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Re: Ghost Fables ~ Dead Thread Final ChapterTopic%20Title

Shy guy

"Ah, yes, I was hazy on some details. The clarifications are appreciated," Verrier said, nodding. "This clears up where we should be focusing to completely solve the tomb, though admittedly I don't have any ideas just yet. I think this all makes sense, though. Juna tried to kill master Albrecht, and killed Mia and the imposter. Albrecht is the one who made his 'murder' a 'locked room', Ingrid is the one who unintentionally made Mia's murder a 'locked room', and someone else is the one who made the imposter's murder a 'locked room'. Then, of course, there's Erik, who seems to have committed suicide after locking himself in the guest room. Juna never cared about making locked rooms in the first place! This 'someone else', however... if they're the one who killed Julia and Harley, which seems likely, then they have consistently engineered situations such that various deaths would all be in locked rooms. A consistent MO."

Sleeping is my life.

Harley seems surprised by the bits and pieces of the truth behind what happened two years ago and the events of today.

"I don't get it. From what you're implying, Gideon... Edna killed Julia and me?" He thinks about it and shakes his head. "It doesn't make sense. Why would Edna kill me?" He thinks about it very carefully.

"Actually, the reason why Edna killed me... I'm assuming it have something to do with the hit-and-run article, doesn't it?" The mechanic asked. "Please tell me that I'm wrong about the reason why Edna killed me, Gideon."

"The door to the tomb itself can be put in the closed position from the outside while the brace is in place. This can be done with a variety of obvious methods and mechanisms, such as ratcheting on the door hinges. Though, since it seems you were too deeply moronic to predict this trick when you designed this tomb, maybe just tell me that there is no such mehod."

1000% Knight

“Jesus fucking finally,” Raphael muttered, and then turned towards Juna. “So why’d you do it? I don’t give a flying fuck who put him in the tomb or how, and killing an undercover Stasi agent is one thing, but what threat did he or I pose to you?”
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"The door to the tomb itself can be put in the closed position from the outside while the brace is in place. This can be done with a variety of obvious methods and mechanisms, such as ratcheting on the door hinges. Though, since it seems you were too deeply moronic to predict this trick when you designed this tomb, maybe just tell me that there is no such mehod."

“You know I’m really tired of giving red to deny your half-asses attempts to crossbar the door, Edel.” Gideon snorted. “How about you just tell me what to repeat to end this line of reasoning entirely?”

Hanzo Shimada wrote:
"Actually, the reason why Edna killed me... I'm assuming it have something to do with the hit-and-run article, doesn't it?" The mechanic asked. "Please tell me that I'm wrong about the reason why Edna killed me, Gideon."

“It was all because of love. True, deep love beyond anything that anyone here has ever experienced.” Gideon sighed. “Some people present roses and diamonds, others present closed rooms.”

“There is impossible to pass through the doorway while the crossbar is in place. Repeat it, and I’ll give your ass a brief reprieve.”

JesusMonroe wrote:
“It was all because of love. True, deep love beyond anything that anyone here has ever experienced.” Gideon sighed. “Some people present roses and diamonds, others present closed rooms.”

“See a therapist you dumb fuck. Just because you want to suck your dick doesn’t mean that’s what this is about.”

Sleeping is my life.

"Out of love?!" Harley shouted at Gideon, really angry with the revelation. "All Edna cared about was love?! What the hell?! That's so messed up! Doesn't she understand that she robbed Christina of her husband?! Doesn't she understand that she robbed Karl and Daniel of their father?! Edna should know that by killing me, she is going to make my family go through the same thing that she and Agnes have to go through after you 'died'!"

Shy guy

"Did we ever get anything in red about who was on this island? That there were no more people like Angelo hiding out?" Verrier suddenly asked. "

No other way than to make this mistake.

Bad Player wrote:
“Jesus fucking finally,” Raphael muttered, and then turned towards Juna. “So why’d you do it? I don’t give a flying fuck who put him in the tomb or how, and killing an undercover Stasi agent is one thing, but what threat did he or I pose to you?”

"I had to fight for the headship, to see my family again," Juna responded, "Do you think I'm the only one who'd murder for it? Obviously not. I did what I had to do. That doesn't mean I'm... comfortable with it."

[Scene Music]

"I'll repeat that red you want. And I'll bury you and Raphy for even thinking you could go head to head with my tomb."

"Let's summarize. There's no secret mechanism or hiding place in the coffin. The imposter's corpse was in the tomb at the end of the story. The builders did not do anything to the tomb the family (or others) were unaware of. There's no secret hiding place constructed in the tomb. The tomb has no secret passages, and the only exit is the door with the crossbar. The tomb was locked at the end of the story before the group broke in. The tomb had never been broken into before that moment. Gideon was not in the tomb at the end of the story."

This red was different--it was visible, and had started to ensnare itself around Raphael and Edel's legs. "That's not nearly enough, right? Shall I keep going? The imposter was killed by another person. The tomb wasn't broken into before the very end of the story. The tomb has never been broken out of. The imposter was certainly dead before the tomb was broken into. The imposter never touched the crossbar or locked the tomb." More red webs continued to snake around the two trying to conquer the tomb, binding them in place. "The imposter is the same as the man impersonating Raphael throughout the events of the story. No other character is allowed to use the name 'the imposter', including those like Mia with false identities."

The amount of red was starting to blow people back in the room. It was no longer a battle of words, but full on warfare. "The only way to 'lock' the tomb is with the crossbar. And of course it was locked, as mentioned. And what about those embarrassing potshot theories? They were taken care of too--there is only one relevant tomb, consisting of a single unpartitioned room. It has always been unpartitioned, and has never had a mirror or anything of the sort inside. Each time the crossbar was set in the brackets, it was put in place directly by a human hand. Nobody has ever died within the tomb.From the moment the final wall was sealed shortly after Gideon's funeral, no entry or exit to the tomb has ever existed other than the crossbarred door There was no dark corner, there was no gray fabric, nobody hid under the imposter's corpse, and of course nobody could've escaped from the tomb without everybody in the group noticing. There's no place to hide in the tomb. The last person to lock the tomb could not have escaped the group's attention if they were still in the tomb. There is not a single body double or identical twin among the cast. Any disguises would be distinguishable from the real person."

The red webs became barbed, and had began to cut into Edel and Raph. They would survive--they could not die in this world, but the pain was certainly immense. "None of Jolina, Edna, Agnes, Fritz, or Ingrid have anything to do with this trick, or are lying to cover for someone else leaving the tomb. It’s impossible to lock the tomb from the outside. And finally, the red you asked for dear demon--It is impossible to pass through the tomb's doorway while the crossbar is in place.

"Ah, and you want in on this Verrier? Should I gather some webs for you--we'll start with one--There are only 19 living people on this island during the story that began at Chapter 1. They are the Imposter, Edna, Agnes, Lynde, Ingrid, Mia, Fritz, Cici, Erik, Harley, Heinrich, Albrecht, Julia, Jolina, Juna, Meta, Verrier, and Christof, and Angelo."

It was... truly impossible. There was not a single opening in his final trick. And he had already said in red that it was not impossible. Defeat seemed truly inevitable.

"Come on, Edel. Come on, Raph. Say you can't solve it and I'll release you from these webs. The pain can stop."

1000% Knight

Datamatt wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

"I had to fight for the headship, to see my family again," Juna responded, "Do you think I'm the only one who'd murder for it? Obviously not. I did what I had to do. That doesn't mean I'm... comfortable with it."

"And yet I still fail to see why you 'had' to murder him or me--whichever you thought it was--to get the headship," Raphael growled at Juna. Ignoring the web of red, I guess.

Shy guy

"I had to ask, you see. If you never died two years ago, it seemed likely that you were here with us, on the island. That you were, perhaps, responsible for some of the mysteries that occurred during the story," Verrier said warily. The new red that was currently assaulting Raphael and Edelfäule made him think twice about weighing in on the tomb, not that he had any ideas for it anyway. "I would think you, Gideon, would count as one of the 'known characters', so it might be a reasonable trick to pull."

KamiPanda wrote:
"I had to ask, you see. If you never died two years ago, it seemed likely that you were here with us, on the island. That you were, perhaps, responsible for some of the mysteries that occurred during the story," Verrier said warily. The new red that was currently assaulting Raphael and Edelfäule made him think twice about weighing in on the tomb, not that he had any ideas for it anyway. "I would think you, Gideon, would count as one of the 'known characters', so it might be a reasonable trick to pull."

"I could've kept that narrative going, sure. But I already stated none of the crimes were impossible, and we're at the point where we're steamrolling to the conclusion." Gideon shrugged--if he had been asked the number of characters at the beginning of the story, he would've refused. But now he didn't mind showing that card. "And speaking of, you seemed to have an idea of the first sealed room from two years ago. I would like to hear it--how did Gideon escape the master bedroom? You can say it in blue or white, I care not."

Shy guy

"Well... If Edna really was in on it, it would be a simple matter: Gideon left through the window. Edna locked it behind him."

"The window was taped as well, and was still sealed in the morning along with the door. And the window was not opened between the time Ingrid taped the door and finally taped the window."

Shy guy

"Was there an opportunity for you to simply walk out the door, between Heinrich and the others leaving and Ingrid taping the door?"

"There was not. Ingrid taped the door immediately after the others left, and the door was not opened between them leaving and her taping it. Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains must be the truth." Gideon snickered. "In fact, I'll add that Ingrid is innocent in this incident, so there's no use in thinking of if she replaced tape on any door after taping it."

Shy guy

"I'm not seeing what 'remains' here, after all that red," Verrier admitted. "Gideon was confirmed to be in the room right up until the tape was placed, was confirmed to be out of the room by the time the tape was broken, and yet it's also confirmed that there's no way past the tape while it's unbroken. The only possible hole I can see is for him to not be in the room when Ingrid arrived, but if it's red that the three visitors wouldn't have mistaken him for anyone else, I see no way for him to have tricked them."

1000% Knight

Raphael let out a dry laugh through the pain. "You really don't belong here if, after everything that's happened, you can't see through this trick, Verrier."

Shy guy

Verrier tapped his fan against a cheek in irritation. "The only other explanation I could come up with is if you, Heinrich and Fritz all lied, but that seemed far too absurd a theory to even voice."

"There's no escaping from Ingrid's tape once a room is sealed. From there, it's inevitable that they were never in the room to begin with. So of course they all lied."

[Scene Music]

"Now I'm sure those three have every excuse for why they had to lie--but there's no need to hear any of that now." Gideon smiled. "I don't want to exposit everything off the bat, and the next scene will show it with full clarity--but I'm sure you can guess why regardless."

Shy guy

"Really? All of them?" Verrier said incredulously. "Ingrid was actually right? How... how many more? Can I even trust what the group who headed to the tomb found? Or did they just carry the body inside and then make a show of breaking in? After all, only a few select parts of that scene were in red." He was starting to sound like Ingrid now.

"You can trust that scene--and I already said the tomb group had nothing to do with the tomb trick so I wouldn't worry about it. But yes, all of them. It was no mistake--it was a deliberate lie that they fabricated to say Gideon was in the room, only caught because of the tape." Gideon smiled, baring his teeth at Verrier. "Don't get mad at me, get mad at them."

Shy guy

"Ah, y-yes, that is true. I'll try not to get carried away, it's just rather a lot to take in," Verrier said, taking a few deep breaths. "I know I'm not really part of this family in any way, but I had still considered all of us to be on the same 'side' for this story at least, with only you and the killers on the other side. Then again, I myself contributed to Albrecht's disappearing act. At this point it seems almost every one of us contributed to one mystery or another."

No other way than to make this mistake.

Bad Player wrote:
Datamatt wrote:
Bad Player wrote:

"And yet I still fail to see why you 'had' to murder him or me--whichever you thought it was--to get the headship," Raphael growled at Juna. Ignoring the web of red, I guess.

"At the funeral, you were the one that reminded me of how you laughed at me back when I was happy at the idea that an outsider could be the head. You talked about how I wouldn't be getting away with it without a fight," Juna explained, an air of determination in her voice, "Hence why I covered my bases. I killed those who I felt could get in my way."

She pauses midway through, mulling over her words. "And, of course, with you and Mia, it was also personal. But I took from kings and dukes, not from the laymen."

BEECH

Julia is just peacefully embroidering what appears to be a floral pattern on her own apron, somewhere around the area.

1000% Knight

“Well you certainly did a fucking fantastic job identifying the threats,” Raphael said through gritted teeth. It seemed like he was somehow managing to stay up-to-date on the events in the book despite the red assault.

The physical pain from the red truths helped distract Raphael from the revelation that his friend might still be alive if he had been less of a jerk.

Shy guy

"The imposter's body was not in the tomb at the end of the 3rd chapter. Lynde earlier found the body where Juna had left it, and burned it in the incinerator. He then went into the tomb and locked himself in. He took a death-faking drug, and wore a disguise. The imposter was indeed dead, and there was indeed only one body in the coffin. A disguise is indistinguishable from the real person, but none of us even know what Raphael's friend looks like, so we can't distinguish him to begin with. And... the imposter's corpse ends up in the tomb at the end of the story, but that's not the same as 'at the end of the 3rd chapter'."

Last edited by KamiPanda on Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The imposter's corpse was in the tomb at the end of the 3rd chapter! He was of course in the tomb BEFORE the tomb was broken into as well. I do appreciate you presenting an original theory however."

ASCEND

JesusMonroe wrote:
"There's no escaping from Ingrid's tape once a room is sealed. From there, it's inevitable that they were never in the room to begin with. So of course they all lied."

[Scene Music]

"Now I'm sure those three have every excuse for why they had to lie--but there's no need to hear any of that now." Gideon smiled. "I don't want to exposit everything off the bat, and the next scene will show it with full clarity--but I'm sure you can guess why regardless."

Fritz had been silently simmering for most of the discussion, but he looked up at the mention of his name. He turned to Gideon, looking nervous about getting caught in his lie.

“Gideon...really?” Fritz mumbled, pain in his eyes. “Can’t you just leave some of this family’s secrets alone? No one’s in the mood to hear about us covering up your secret heroin habit...”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

Verrier thought about it some more. "Well... if there's any value in my theory still, the only issue is 'how was the impostor's corpse inside the tomb alongside Lynde?' So maybe Lynde incinerated it entirely, down to ash? The other body in the boiler was simply to hide the boiler's true purpose. Then Lynde could just put the ashes in the tomb, and 'the impostor's corpse would be in the tomb at the end of the 3rd chapter'."

The squeezing pushes rot from Edelfäule's eyes and mouth like a bottle of ketchup. "Ah, how therapeutic," she sighs, her voice deep.

With a motion of her head, she glances down at the Red Bulls she brought and lances one of them through with her horn. Without using her arms, she drinks the liquid running down the side of her head, undaunted by her predicament.

"Ghost Ficker, I'm not going to be done with you anytime soon. I've brought all the Red Bull which can counter your Red Bullshit. I've already beat it out of you that the culprit didn't leave. So let's take the next logical step. My theory is the same as Verrier's."

"Well, well..." And just as suddenly, the red web ensnaring Edelfäule and Raphael released, dissolving into ash. "I'm sorry, Lynde. You gave it your best effort--but they still got you in the end."

He sighed heavily, realizing he had a weak arsenal left to fight the remaining mysteries. "Well, in my defense I was telling all of you guys to focus on the dining room. You only got involved in this sidequest cause you had to be completionists. That's fine--Ingrid is still going to remain trapped though. Not like this solution will do her any good in escaping."

1000% Knight

Raphael dusted himself off and went to stand in the corner of the room.

"So then whose body is in the boiler?"

"Mine! Err, Gideon's. Of course the living Lynde doesn't know anything about red truths, so he just wanted to create the illusion that somebody Juna killed outside the tomb could lock the door from the inside. All he needed to do was fake his own death. But when he was burning the imposter, he found out he had some distinguishing feature. Maybe six toes or something?" Gideon seemed unsure of that detail. "Anyway he burnt the imposter completely to ashes because his corpse wouldn’t fool anyone. Then he tried again with Gideon's corpse, which looked much closer to Lynde and Raphael's build. And then he went into the tomb with the ashes, creating a mystery both impossibly effective for the world of the living and the dead. The only real crime he's committed is desecrating a corpse, which seems relatively minor in the grand scheme of things."

JesusMonroe wrote:
He sighed heavily, realizing he had a weak arsenal left to fight the remaining mysteries. "Well, in my defense I was telling all of you guys to focus on the dining room. You only got involved in this sidequest cause you had to be completionists."

"Ashes to ashes. Shit to more shit. I do it as a favor to the true greats. You don't deserve a victory through the son you groomed as a part of your vanity," Edelfäule reaches up, takes the can from her horn and squeezes out the remainder of it's nectar in her maw.

Shy guy

"Wait, so... Gideon is dead, after all that?" Verrier exclaimed. "After setting up such an absurdly elaborate scheme to fake his death to us all?"

“I’m sure your questions will be answered soon enough—as in the next scene. But yes, GIDEON IS DEAD.
Page 14 of 18 [ 705 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus