Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 15 of 19[ 721 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Re: Scooby-Doo, Starring You: Stage Fright at the Scream ParTopic%20Title

Shy guy

The silken webbing caught 'Psycho' cleanly, and she stumbled over as her panicked run got disrupted. "Oi! Eyes on the hot one who's trying to beat your face in, not me!" She yelled fruitlessly at the spider-bot, struggling against the webbing. "Geez, I see why Elisa was so ticked off after getting caught in this a bunch..." she muttered. She considered biting the web like a wild animal, but realised she probably didn't want to get a bunch of nasty glue or whatever it was stuck in her mouth.

"Maybe ya're more its type, Psy," Vickie smirked as she rushed in and delivered a sharp roundhouse kick to the monster's abdomen in an attempt to knock it over, or at least distract it.

Do robots even feel pain? Who knows.

The spider-bot stumbled back from the impact of the kick. Then it swiveled its head to glare at Vicky through eight glowing red eyes and shrieked at her, charging forward for a haymaker.

Gabby jumps in front of the hay maker.

"Hyuk!"

That's the last sound everyone hears from Gabby as she smacks straight through the roof into space.

Shy guy

"Home run!" 'Psycho' cheered, before remembering that the spider-bot was an enemy. Still, it was distracted now, so as she removed enough webbing to run again she took off after Scooby.

Vickie blinked a couple times in stunned disbelief as she watched Gabby sail through the air majestically, like an eagle piloting a blimp, then snapped out of her daze and faced the robot again, fists up and a cocky grin on her face. "So, uh, ready to give up yet?" she taunted.

Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff

Dario jumped from one rail to the other to pick up speed, sometimes grinding both at once. Eventually, he caught up to the back of the roller coaster car that Deianira was trying to escape in and grabbed hold of the back. He was about to say something when just then, she made a leap for it. Unfortunately, he couldn't react fast enough and the momentum of the speeding cart continued pulling him forward. He let go of the cart and did a side flip, landing on the hard dirt rather gracefully, and immediately began making a wide circle back around to Deianira. Who knows how far she'd get by the time he could do that, though.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.

Shy guy

"...Hmm." 'Psycho' slowed to a halt as she looked around. She'd totally gotten lost in the winding catacombs, having never really explored them before. There was a particularly dark tunnel to her left that looked enticing, so she wandered down that. It only got darker the further down it she headed, until she couldn't even see in front of her own face and she bumped into a dead end. Feeling around, 'Psycho' touched what seemed like a door and opened it to step through, shielding her eyes against the sudden light.

She emerged from the ticket operating booth for the Go-Kart Track. "What on Earth?" she exclaimed, looking around in confusion. "This park, I swear..." As she gathered her bearings though, she realised she could see Deianira climbing up the other side of a fence a short way off from her, and grinned as she ran up to her. "Would ya look at that! Nowhere to run now, Nira!"

Scooby, thanks to his four legs, arrived pretty quickly at the go-kart track. He sees Deianara climbing the fence.

Bark, bark, bark

He envisions her as like a ball in a tree, something he'd take great pride in trying to catch.

He runs after her and attempts to drag her down.

The spider-bot lunged forward, and a fist-fight between it and Victoria ensued. They were evenly matched and it was EPIC, complete with at least one slow-motion roundhouse kick to a face. It's a total shame Elisa and Lori weren't around to take pictures.

---

Deianira panicked as the sound of a barking dog rapidly approached behind her. She scurried up the fence-- and almost got out of reach in time. She yelped in surprise as he caught her shoe, kicked and struggled, and slipped out of the Great Dane's grasp. Scooby had managed to pull her shoe off, though.

And more importantly, he had bought time for Psycho to arrive and block her escape. Deianira froze and stared down at her bandmate. She didn't notice the twinkle that appeared in the sky just then.

KamiPanda wrote:
"Would ya look at that! Nowhere to run now, Nira!"

"Tch!" Deianira scoffed at her, but her eyes were frantic as she looked for an escape route. "You're the one who should be running! I'll- I'll have my spider-bot here in no time!"

She pulled her remote out of her pocket, wobbling a bit as she tried to maintain balance on top of the fence.

And then a clown came barreling down from the sky. And wouldn't you know it - Gabby's path of reentry from space happened to go over the fence between the go-kart track and the Maw, in the very spot Deianira was standing. What are the odds?

Deianira yelped as the two of them crashed to the ground on Scooby's side of the fence. At the same moment, her remote fell on Psycho's side, having been knocked out of her hand.

---

Back at the catacombs, the spider-bot froze in place.

Last edited by UkuleleLady on Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Re did it!" Scooby happily wags his tail. He gently pins down Deianira, shoe still in his mouth.

"Shoeby-Dooby-Doo!"

Dario arrived where the commotion was happening just in time to see Gabby fall on top of Deianira. Unfortunately, he couldn't figure out how to stop in time, rammed face-first into the fence, and lost his entire combo. Total bummer, dude.

He took some time to replace his skates with his regular shoes as the others confronted Deianira before standing up to join them.
100% pure Joy.

((ignore))

Shy guy

"Yeah, we did it!" 'Psycho' cheered, remote held high as she threw her arms up in celebration. She then looked down at the device in interest, marvelling at the complexity. She sneaked a peak at the others, before nonchalantly pressing some buttons.

Elsewhere in the Catacombs, the spider-bot began to dance.

ASCEND

As the group gathers around Deianira, Dario lifts her off the ground. Vicky approaches from the catacombs, holding some string in her hand, and ties it around Deianira’s wrists.

“Okay, gang, we’ve finally caught her,” Fred remarks, “So…what now?”

“I’ll take it from here,” a mysterious voice says.

The group turns to see a burly man leaning against a motorcycle, an impossibly long ponytail trailing behind him. He glowers at the gang through his sunglasses, before heading over to join him.

“Who are you?” Psycho asks.

The man flashes a badge toward the group.

“Call me Don,” he says, “I lead our little group of cleaners at the park. We deal with disruptive folks quietly. And I’ve gotta say, ain’t never seen a case like this before. Usually I deal with dudes who ate too much pizza or evil clowns.”

The group glances toward Gabby, but it seems like she escaped at some point.

Don grabs Deianira by the arm and leads her toward the motorbike, then he lifts her up and deposits her in the sidecar.

“I’ll take her out of here and get her to the proper authorities, as soon as I can figure out who the proper authorities are,” he continues, “Might have to grab a snack first though.”

“Fine by me!” Deianira shouts indignantly from the sidecar. “Anything’s better than spending another second in that idiotic band.”

“Like, surely there were better ways to get out of the band than this, man,” Shaggy says.

“You just don’t get what I’ve been through,” she replies, “I mean, really. You can’t just tape some string to a saxophone and call it a stringed instrument. It doesn’t work that way!”

Moe overhears the diss from whatever void he ended up in and feels a little sad.

“You can debate instrument classification all you want with the judge,” Don says, turning from Dianira to the others. “Anyway, if y’all catch another of these scoundrels, let me know. Here’s my card.”

Don pulls out a business card and flicks it to Fred, who catches it between two fingers. It reads “DON - ‘JANITOR’ - SKULLY’S SCREAM PARK”

Don hops onto his hog and tears off into the horizon, leaving a trail of burnt rubber behind him.

EXT. WITCH TRIAL CIRCLE - DAY

Upon reuniting in the VR world, the group feels a mixture of surprise and disappointment as they see Zorroe standing in the center of the circle.

“Hey guys!” Skully chirps, “I finally managed to track down Moe here! That Blaze dude’s still out of commission though. Maybe someone should do something about that.”

[Actions are due at 2 P.M. on Thursday, unless something else crazy happens.]
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"No skin off my nose if he stays out cold," 'Psycho' said noncommittally. "We'll probably have a better time investigating without him. I'm still just kinda reeling from finding out Nira was one of the ones behind all this... I see why she did it, but now I wonder where we'd be at if we'd all just talked first. I just hope they don't judge her too harshly or whatever. The spider didn't really do all that much really, especially compared to Scrappy."

She regarded the others thoughtfully. "Nira had her own reasons for doing this. I guess the other three must've too, but like, did they all coordinate this? It almost sounds like Nira was acting alone, but there's no way 4 people all just up and decided to do the same sort of thing all at once. I s'pose their goals all aligned so it helped to work together, but I have to wonder how they even discovered each other's intentions to begin with, if they were tryin' to keep it secret from everyone else."

Sock

Zorroe gives off a freaky toothy smile.

“Anyone need some morale?” He says as if he were selling some shady product.

Blaze's dead body began to randomly boogie-woogie.

Sock

Zorroe ponders if boogie-woogie is an affirmative answer or not.

Blaze's dead body contorted and spelled out "it's not don't worry, I'm such a random corpse haha LOL."

Yeah his entire body stretched like that you got a problem

ASCEND

“Ugh, this is just weird,” Skully says, recoiling from dead Blaze in disgust. “Let me fix this.”

His eye sockets glow white as he chants an ancient prayer. With a poof, Blaze returns to normal. However, his skin remains deathly pale.

“Hey, ya little [CENSORED]. I’m back!” he shouts, cackling madly. “Let’s split up, gang!”

Blaze holds out his hand and blasts a torrent of flame into the circle of stones, which immediately lights the VR world on fire. Everyone wisely chooses this moment to leave, but Skully remains stuck in the inferno, running around frantically with a flaming beret atop his head.

“Oops, that wasn’t supposed to happen!” he cries, “Uh, guys? Guys? Somebody help!”

Spoiler: Monster Attack 1
—The elephant shambler charges into the Eateries, leaps into the air, and slams down on Gabby. The clown lets out a hiss as it seems to visibly deflate. No mortal being can keep Gabby down for long, but she’s stuck for at least one turn.
—The wraith is on the move!
—The elephant head is silent.

Spoiler: Turn 1
—Daphne Searches for Clues! She tries to grab some evidence, but then Scooby and Fred decide to ruin everything. Does she collect the evidence? Keep reading to find out!
—Psycho is trapped! She can’t do anything!
—Blaze Sets a Trap! He stretches a tripwire in front of a suspicious door. When Psycho tries to go inside, it drops a huge pipe on her head! Vertically though, so she’s unharmed but stuck inside for a bit.
—Shaggy Raises Morale! He cooks up some smores in the furnace and hands them out to everyone in the Power Plant. He even throws one into the top of the pipe for Psycho! Psycho and Blaze’s Courage increases by 4. Shaggy’s Courage increases by 2.
—Scooby uses a Scooby Snack! After devouring half a box of snacks, he throws it into the Fairgrounds. Daphne sees it and follows it. Or at least, in a perfect world, that’s what would have happened…until FRED came along.
—Dario Runs South! He approaches the Ferris Wheel and begins looking around.
—Moe Runs North! He heads into the Go-Kart Track, jumps into a car, and begins driving all over the place. He has a great time.
—Gabby Searches for Clues! Though pinned, she manages to pick up some evidence in a trash can.
—Vicky Raises Morale! She puts on a show by banging on some trash can lids, but no one is around to hear it…unless? Vicky’s Courage increases by 2.
—Fred Sets a Trap! After discovering the clowns’ secret funhouse control panel, he shifts around the rooms so that the next person who opens the front door will be dropped through a doorway into another room below, with no means of escape!

Now that Daphne’s left the Funhouse, the trap targets Scooby, preventing him from sending Daphne out of the Funhouse. But since Daphne’s higher than Scooby in the turn order, her staying behind means the trap targets her instead…meaning Scooby can send her out of the Funhouse. So the trap has to target Scooby, right?

This results in an endless loop where Scooby and Daphne continually fall in and out of the room. Scooby repeatedly throws his Scooby Snack, catches it, and throws it back into the Fairgrounds again, while Daphne finds her evidence, loses it, and picks it up again while phasing in and out of the Fairgrounds and hearing scattered fragments of Vicky’s song. Fred is left to watch in consternation, trying to work out why the universe is falling apart before his eyes.

With no solution in sight, Skully just snaps his finger and gives Daphne trap immunity for one turn. Scooby’s snack is blocked, Daphne picks up the evidence, and Vicky is still lonely. All is right with the world.

Current Positions

Spoiler: Monster Attack 2
—The elephant shambler is on the move.
—The elephant head dips its snout into a big vat of root beer at one of the food stalls. After sucking all of it up, it immediately pours the drink into a sewage grate. Hey, I was gonna drink that! Oh, and also Vicky and Gabby saw it, I guess. [Fear increases by 2.]
—The wraith throws a bagpipe into the air. It explodes, releasing the loudest, most dissonant chord anyone had ever heard. Dario and Vicky overhear it, reaffirming their hatred of bagpipes. [Fear increases by 2.]

Spoiler: Turn 2
—Daphne does nothing.
—Psycho Searches for Clues! She continues combing through the Power Plant, apparently not satisfied with her prior failings. Shaggy pleads with her to stop, but she won’t listen! She eventually burns herself out and collapses in a heap of machinery, snoring loudly.
—Blaze uses Scooby Dooby Doors! Pleased with his handiwork, Blaze backflips strAIGHT INTO A FIRE AND BURNS INTO ASHES! But then the ashes blow to the Gift Shops and reconfigure themselves like Blaze used a futuristic teleporter. He’s good as new!
—Shaggy Runs South! Overcoming his fears, he enters the Haunted House, becoming literally the first person to step foot inside for the entire game.
—Scooby does nothing.
—Dario Searches for Clues! He finds some evidence lying in the forbidden zone directly below the seats of the Ferris Wheel.
—Moe Raises Morale! He plays a cool saxophone solo, but no one is around to hear him. He sadly plucks the strings on his instrument uselessly. Moe’s Courage increases by 2.
—Gabby Runs East! She enters the Fairgrounds, getting uncomfortably close to Vicky.
—Vicky does nothing.
—Fred uses Scooby Dooby Doors! Deciding to cause more trouble elsewhere, he uses the control panel to rotate the room he’s in until the door leads outside of the Funhouse’s boundaries. He leaps through the door and exits from one of the Gift Shops.

Fear Level: 34

EXT. WITCH TRIAL CIRCLE - DAY

Everyone returns to the VR world, a bit more able to hold it together this time.

The fire seems to have been put out, but most of the clearing is still singed or smoldering. Skully levitates in the air, scratching his chin thoughtfully.

“Hmm, you’re all still here?” Skully mumbles, “Maybe the tables are turning in your favor now. I wonder how long it will last…and what you all will do next!”

[The first player in the next round will be Dario

Spoiler: Turn Order
Dario, Moe, Gabby, Vicky, Fred, Daphne, Psycho, Blaze, Shaggy, Scooby

Actions are currently due on Saturday.]
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

After recovering from witnessing a brief rift in reality, Dario made his way into the VR land. He procured the evidence he'd found.

"Oy vey, that was quite a mess at the Funhouse, wasn't it? I found some sort of web-shooting glove à la Spider-Man. Looks like it was used to test different substances to see which one worked best as webbing. It's right-handed. If we hadn't just caught the spider-controller, this would've proven useful.

"Now, I'm a bit short on resources, but I can spend time where I am in hopes of finding more evidence. Otherwise, I'm feeling in a morale-raising mood, so if someone's low, let me know! Or don't, and I could try to predict where the most people might end up."
100% pure Joy.

Shy guy

After being roused from her slumber by Shaggy, 'Psycho' put her VR helmet on to join the others.

Hearing Dario, she nodded and said, "As for me, check out the evidence I found!" She proceeded to bring her cupped hands up to her face, before spreading them wide and revealing a cheerful grin... and nothing else. Then she glared at Blaze. "Thanks to this moron, I found nothing. Again! I was planning to travel elsewhere to Search, but he trapped me, again, and now I've got nothing to show for it. You ask me, if we want a new person to Unmask, look no further than our resident pyromaniac. I have a feeling he lied about the so-called Shambler being operated by a skinny person to cover for himself; wouldn't it figure that the fire-guy made a robot that spits fire everywhere?"

KamiPanda wrote:
After being roused from her slumber by Shaggy, 'Psycho' put her VR helmet on to join the others.

Hearing Dario, she nodded and said, "As for me, check out the evidence I found!" She proceeded to bring her cupped hands up to her face, before spreading them wide and revealing a cheerful grin... and nothing else. Then she glared at Blaze. "Thanks to this moron, I found nothing. Again! I was planning to travel elsewhere to Search, but he trapped me, again, and now I've got nothing to show for it. You ask me, if we want a new person to Unmask, look no further than our resident pyromaniac. I have a feeling he lied about the so-called Shambler being operated by a skinny person to cover for himself; wouldn't it figure that the fire-guy made a robot that spits fire everywhere?"

"Shut up, [CENSORED]!" Blaze yelled. The sound of his swear was covered up by a dying seagull in Italy. It screamed loudly in great agony, and Blaze participated in a brief moment of silence.

"Besides! You killed me like, three times! I just don't trust you cause you're skinny! Yeah, that's right. I said it! Skinny bit --"

Suddenly, Blaze was set on fire! He comically ran around in pain, stopping him once again from breaking the rules.

Shy guy

"Shut it, hothead!" 'Psycho' yelled back, remorselessly watching him burn. "The way I see it, there's only two options here. Either you're the guy behind the Shambler, or you're just crazy and keep sabotaging someone on your own team! Either way I've had it with you, you... you drone kisser!" Apparently that was the best insult she could come up with in the heat of the moment.

The American Dream

“Freddie, Scooby: we’re going have a long talk when this is all over,” Daphne huffed. “In any case, I managed to find something important in the funhouse. It was a set of blueprints for the elephant mascot, complete with its dimensions. Based on the height of it, you’d have to be pretty tall to remove the head, so the person behind the Elephant Head monster must be TALL.

"You shut it, you psycho nympho!"

Blaze pondered for a moment wondering if the word 'nympho' broke any rules.

"Besides! You trapped me for no reason earlier, too! May I remind the court..."

Everyone was godmodded into staring at an imaginary flashback bubble.

"It was the second round, in what feels like a game being played on an online message board. I was doing something, I don't really remember what. But this crazy girl pushed me into a hole and trapped me first! I didn't initiate! She did! After I searched for evidence helpfully on the Ferris Wheel!"

Blaze grew large and turned 10x more anime!

"Furthermore! She should have known I was moving to where Vickie was after I told Vickie I would Scooby Dooby Boogie Woogie Wham Bam over to her! Granted it might have been in an alternate dimension. Something that rhymes with Blizcord. Or Chizcord. Or Frizzcord."

Blaze winked.

"...But it doesn't make sense that she would teleport to where I was expecting to pick up evidence! I was already there!"

Blaze suddenly grew devil wings! Are we in VR? I don't even know!!

"The monster is you, Psycho! Gotcha! You're donezo! I'm soo excited! Get outta here! My drones will finally be safe! You still owe me money!"

The American Dream

“I think we have enough evidence to unmask another culprit, namely the one behind the elephant head,” Daphne suggested. “I mean, come on, it’s Vickie.”

Shy guy

"Urk!" 'Psycho' flinched back at Blaze's words. Or maybe she was just startled by the sudden flashy display. "Okay so maybe I did trap you earlier. I was, uh, kinda screwing around back then, thought it woulda been funny... But then I got serious! I didn't set a trap for anyone else after that, or do anything else screwy.

"And anyway!" she continued, pulling out an entire piano from her back pocket and laying down a sick, tension-building track, "I basically single-handedly caught Nira! I'm the only one of us to catch a monster so far!" On a technicality due to Scrappy not controlling a 'monster', but she wasn't about to admit that. "I've been way more useful than you when it comes to getting to the bottom of all this! You really gonna accuse me of all people? Ain't that suspect in itself?

"I've already talked about what happened last time. I asked you twice - twice! - what your plans were, and you said nothin'. I wanted to at least be sure we grabbed the good evidence, but the whole thing coulda just been avoided if you'd done the bare minimum teamwork! Yet afterwards, you go and trap me right after I tell everyone I was planning to go grab more evidence. What's your game here, nimrod?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"Urk!" 'Psycho' flinched back at Blaze's words. Or maybe she was just startled by the sudden flashy display. "Okay so maybe I did trap you earlier. I was, uh, kinda screwing around back then, thought it woulda been funny... But then I got serious! I didn't set a trap for anyone else after that, or do anything else screwy.

"And anyway!" she continued, pulling out an entire piano from her back pocket and laying down a sick, tension-building track, "I basically single-handedly caught Nira! I'm the only one of us to catch a monster so far!" On a technicality due to Scrappy not controlling a 'monster', but she wasn't about to admit that. "I've been way more useful than you when it comes to getting to the bottom of all this! You really gonna accuse me of all people? Ain't that suspect in itself?

"I've already talked about what happened last time. I asked you twice - twice! - what your plans were, and you said nothin'. I wanted to at least be sure we grabbed the good evidence, but the whole thing coulda just been avoided if you'd done the bare minimum teamwork! Yet afterwards, you go and trap me right after I tell everyone I was planning to go grab more evidence. What's your game here, nimrod?"

"You know what happened when you all talk about your plans! Most of us chicken little'd on out of here, bozo!" Blaze snapped. "My game here is I think you are evil! Evillllll! Besides, everyone knew I was going over to where the good evidence was. You really think I'm gonna teleport over to Vickie, only to leave that shiny piece of goodness undisturbed? Maybe you shoulda used your third eye, Shirley Fry!"

Shy guy

"Doodoo head!" 'Psycho' retorted, having run out of reasoned arguments.

KamiPanda wrote:
"Doodoo head!" 'Psycho' retorted, having run out of reasoned arguments.

"Peepee brain!"

Shy guy

"Fart sniffer!"

KamiPanda wrote:
"Fart sniffer!"

"I know you are, but what am I?!"

The American Dream

“Would you two give it a rest already?”

Shy guy

WinterCoat wrote:

"...Hmph. Fine." 'Psycho' backed down, putting away the piano. "I've made my point, anyway. Don't trust Blaze!"

KamiPanda wrote:
WinterCoat wrote:

"...Hmph. Fine." 'Psycho' backed down, putting away the piano. "I've made my point, anyway. Don't trust Blaze!"

"And I've made *my* point! Don't trust Psycho!"

Blaze smiled with satisfaction. I think he's also still on fire, but he seemed to be used to the pain.

ASCEND

Skully hands a skull to Daphne as she walks over to the center of the clearing. Then he pushes Vicky into the dunk tank and traps her inside. She sits on the bench, staring down at the gang below her.

"Well, here we go again!" Skully says, rubbing his hands together in anticipation. "Are we going to see a hat-trick? Or will you all finally strike out!"

[6 is needed for a majority.]

"Huh... when I said I wanted to try this out, I didn't think I'd be the one taking a dunk. Well, this works too," Vickie mused with a little smirk on her face. She kicked lightly at the surface of the water with the toe of her boot. "Ya sure ya really wanna do this, though, Daph? After what I just did to protect all of ya? Ya're gonna look pretty silly heading home in shame once everyone sees ya got the wrong girl."

The American Dream

“Yeah, well, you’re gonna look silly when you’re all.... dunked!” Daphne huffed. She crossed her arms and smirked at her own genius. “Dunked,” what a powerful word to use.
Page 15 of 19 [ 721 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus