Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 18 of 39[ 1538 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 39  Next

Re: NG9 Game Thread (Round 4)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

"Well, I would quite like to check out the Church at last," Wesley said, heading over to check it out. "Shout if you need me for anything."

In the corner of the theater, a door has unlocked.

Behind the door is a staircase leading to an upper floor. At the top is a hallway with two doors. One is a pearly white color, and is a solid surface with no knob or keyhole of any kind. The other one is unlocked and opens into a small, bare room.

The room looks like many posters have been removed from the walls in it. There seems to have been a bed in the corner formerly.

Light streams in warmly from a window with curtains on it. Under the sunbeam, it looks like two of the floorboards have been pried up, and a green rock with two holes through it sits glittering in the space between the floor. For some reason, carvings of lines run all over where the green rock sits, similar to those seen in the werewolf room.

Around the room there are loose wooden panels covering the bottom half of each wall.

On one wall is a wooden closet, which appears to have been unlocked with a five letter code. Inside is a bent box with a bow on it and a couple of crumpled up poems. There is a safe in the top of the closet, which has been opened.

Sitting in the corner of the room is a picture frame lying face down.

Gettin' Old!

A slightly damp-looking Maximillion stepped into what seemed to be the bedroom "Well well, it looks like someone has beaten us to the bedroom." He said gesturing lazily to the unlocked safe and the prized up floorboards.

He hunched down to squat over the rock to examine it "I do wonder what this particular gem is." He said in awe picking it up and turning the green rock over in his hands.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

"Is it the same type of rock we found in the parlor?" Astrid wondered as she peered out the windows.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

It's similar to the gem found in the parlor. The rock is la smooth, forest-green gemstone, but lines within it bend and twist the light so that it glitters. It feels like jade, but it's definitely transparent. The rock hums a little bit as forest picks it up, since air is passing through it.

Happy Maria

"It is the same stone."

A voice came from a nearby chair. It was from Hazel, who was sitting on it.

"It is mine, after all. It has been... a while since I have seen it."

1000% Knight

Astrid nearly leaped into the air when Hazel spoke up. It seems she hadn't noticed the other woman was there.

"Ah, Hazel... I see." After a pause, Astrid decided to take the opportunity to ask Hazel a question. "Hazel, while the groups were split up, did you ever go to the room we played werewolf in?"

No other way than to make this mistake.

A woman was checking over the contents of the safe. Eventually, she sighed and turned around to look at the stream of new people. Long, brown hair ending in blonde flocks framed a nearly immaculate face. They were wearing an embroidered pink sweater, along with tights and platform boots.

She smiled and waved to the others. "Hey, everyone! I'm Pink. Or Anna, if you want a name. How'd your search go?"

ASCEND

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Anna," Vivienne said, looking out at the room. "Though I'm sure you're simply relieved to be out of that broom closet!

"As for our search, we found plenty of information, though I can't say I'm certain how any of it relates to this game. Most of it was related to Emerald Technology Solutions, the group responsible for the Fox Harbor Dam project. They've apparently been creating bizarre drones for fire and rescue that look exactly like humans, supposedly to make them immediately trustworthy. Additionally, they own a blueprint for complex recording software that had been retrieved from a man named Gregor Kovacic. Finally, there was a paper about the symphonic warbler, which is extinct outside of certain laboratories.

"We also discovered a computer with some rather odd footage of Hazel playing on it..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

"No... I am afraid I have been here this whole time. It would be tiresome to walk all the way back to that room", Hazel explained patiently. "Some of the information you've uncovered does seem... interesting, however. Perhaps what you saw was simply from the beginning of this game?" She suggested.

Shy guy

"It would probably be best for you to just see the rooms we explored," Wesley said. "They were rather unusual."

Luka looked like a rain cloud was hanging over his head. He was holding a new item—a knitted scarf. But it was clenched in his fists rather than being worn. He didn’t even really seem to acknowledge Vivienne much when he heard his father’s name.

“Let’s just check the other room.” He unemotionally grumbled.

The group goes downstairs, through the theater and parlor, and sees that in the parlor, a door has been unlocked and beyond it, a rickety set of stairs goes downward into a stone cellar.

Although the room looks almost medieval, the floors are clean and smooth.

Around the room are several taxidermied animals. Rabbits, squirrels, deer, ducks, and a fox or two. They sit on the floor or on stands.

A waxy candle lights up the room with dim flickering light, from atop a candlestick. A tag on the candle says the words, "Visceral Gifts" and has a deer skull under it.

In the center of the room is a large pool. The water shimmers darkly. It appears to be some sort of hot tub, as steam can be felt rising off the pool.

In the corner is a door. Above it, it says computer room. The door was opened with a six-letter combination lock. Inside, a computer sits on a desk. A large tower next to the computer glitters with green light. The screen has is on, and a program is open on it.

It's footage of the werewolf room. On the wall, you can read the word, "Insomniac" printed clearly. In the middle of the room is an empty rocking chair with a book on top of it.

On another wall of the room is a staircase leading up to the surface. At the top is a metal cellar door which has been chained shut. Between the two doors, the outside breeze can be felt, along with a canopy of trees with yellowing leaves.

1000% Knight

"Huh," Astrid let out a surprised grunt when the group entered the computer room. "When we were in here, Hazel was in the chair, reading the book," she said, pointing at the monitor.

Happy Maria

"What on earth...?" Hazel murmured uncertainly. "You saw me? Here? ...You must have been imagining things, surely. Did "I" say anything...?"

"Yes! It's certainly great to not be relegated there anymore." Anna smiles and follows the others into the new room.

It's evident she's pretty freaked out by it, trying to not stay close to the taxidermied animals. "Are these, ah... why are they here, again?"

Datamatt wrote:
"Yes! It's certainly great to not be relegated there anymore." Anna smiles and follows the others into the new room.

It's evident she's pretty freaked out by it, trying to not stay close to the taxidermied animals. "Are these, ah... why are they here, again?"

"Decoration, of course," Stella replied simply. "Judging by the number of them, it seems Zero is a regular customer. Thanks for your business," she smiled at the ceiling.

Shy guy

"Ah, that reminds me," Wesley said, pulling out a newspaper clipping. "We found this in here too. It's about some strange commune which got broken up."

"On Tuesday officers made a discovery that around a hundred people have been living out on public land in the woods outside Fox Harbor. The camp was covered in log cabins and various taxidermied animals. Police were told the members of the commune would often pray to rocks together as a bonding rite. They would also take orders from an unseen voice. Many children were at the commune as well, and there have been concerns of kidnapping."

"Does any of that sound familiar to you, Stella?" he asked. "Going by what you just said, I mean.

"And Hazel, no, you didn't say anything. You just sat and read. I find it interesting we can see the text on the wall here, though: maybe it's only visible in a frequency just outside typical human vision or some such. Some people are known to be able to see somewhat past the typical range, maybe you're one of them."

"...I'm sorry, Mr. Naught, but just because some cult practices taxidermy doesn't mean I'm involved with them," she sighed, turning away.

"Well that's not completely true." Luka said, not looking Stella in the eyes. "Your husband was a cultist, wasn't he?"

"No, he wasn't."

"That's not what your daughter said." Luka smirked, but it was only for the faintest moment. "Eh screw it. Far be it for me to air out your dirty laundry. I imagine Zero will do it in due time anyway."

Gettin' Old!

Maximillion nodded excitedly his tall frame peering over the others as they went into the pool room.

“The water is quite lovely I must say, I wholeheartedly recommend we all take a dip! What better way to celebrate your freedom at last Anna!”

He staggered slightly as if struck by Luka’s word. “Stella?! You...you are married with a daughter? And she’s in a cult.” He seemed almost disappointed as he crossed his arms with a frown. “I feel I have missed a trick somewhere somehow. Where did you learn all this information about Miss Stella?” Maximillion asked suddenly immensely embarrassed that he missed something.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"I went to school with Stella's daughter--we were buddies." Luka shrugged, like he found the coincidence to be too boring to be worth fretting over. "She shared some family drama with me, and I doubt she was lying about it."

Shy guy

"You did what?" Wesley exclaimed, before staring suspiciously at Luka. "Curiouser and curiouser... Though maybe at this point nothing should surprise me."

"That's not all." Ember spoke up. From outside the emerald room, to keep a safe distance from the animals. "We also found some documents about recording the voices of symphonic warblers, AKA, Cousteau's species. This room seems to have a lot to do with you, Stella."

“That might have something to do with me.” Luka admitted. “A lot of the stuff in our room was for me too. And my research for university was kinda deep into the symphonic warblers and... well, I won’t get into it if you guys don’t wanna hear it. It’s kinda long.”

Code:
All results will be made available between rounds of this game.

Defend is something which can only be done on yourself.

Happy Maria

Hazel seemed to be looking the other way during the discussion about Stella and the symphonic warbler. At the appearance of Zero's message, however, her eyes shone. "Yes, that reminds me... We still need to discuss what we should do for this round. Does anybody have any concrete plans on what to do?"

ASCEND

“I’m not sure there’s much to really discuss,” Vivienne remarked, “This seems to be a largely independent game...If someone were to make a suggestion, it would be very easy for them to betray it to ensure they came out on top. I don’t believe there’s any way to keep everyone alive either, considering we have three rounds and three lives.”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Right. There's really no advantage to sharing information this round.

"And yes, Cousteau is a symphonic warbler. One of the last of his kind, sadly," Stella added wistfully as she pet her bird. "They're such lovely, bright creatures. It's such a shame... though I suppose you could say the same for any endangered or extinct species, really."

A few tense moments pass in the room as the players move around, whispering to one another. One whisper though is quite loud and haunting...

"Have you returned?"

It's the hoarse whisper of a very old woman.

There's a stuttered pause.

"It was true..."

She sounds like she's on the verge of tearing up. There's a clear nostalgia reverberating through her voice.

"You're really back! My dear children! You've come to help me out here on the farm. It's been... I don't know how long it's been since I've heard your voices. It's been so sad being so alone. I wish I could see you, but your voices are so sweet already."

At this point, many people in the room have stopped talking, but the voice continues. It sounds almost identical to Hazel's voice.

"What's happened? Why did you all get quiet? Can I talk to my grandson? Is he there? If you're there, I have a gift for you dearie..."

"I'm sorry if I made you sad... I'm not crying because I'm sad... I'm crying because I'm very glad for this."

Happy Maria

"...Oh my." Hazel gasped, a little shocked. Had all of that not come from her?

Shy guy

"I... take it that wasn't you speaking just now, then?" Wesley asked, quite bewildered.

Happy Maria

Hazel looked down at the floor, a mystified expression on her face. She shook her head silently.

Anna looks pretty spooked. "But that was your voice! ... Wasn't it?"

"Was that a recording, then?" Ember looked around the room, squinting at the walls and trying to remember from which direction the sound came from. "Do you remember saying something like that in the past?"

"A recording? What is this about? It's really me."

Her voice seems to be coming from somewhere in the room.

"Is Wesley there? Can I speak to him?"

Shy guy

"But that's... Is the voice coming from one of the green stones, perhaps?" Wesley asked, growing more and more confused by the second. "What's going on here?"

Indeed, the haunting voice comes quietly from the stone found under the floor in the CHURCH upstairs. The holes in it whistle with the sound of the old woman's voice.
Page 18 of 39 [ 1538 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 39  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus