Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 24 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch1 Class Trial)Topic%20Title

"Maybe someone followed Vigilante Girl and Camera Boy when they kidnapped Abby in the first place?" Urumi suggested.

"Ok, here's some food for thought. Jerry was lured to get the poisoned pistachio ice cream. At that point he was a dead man walking. The killer didn't need to take any further action. Yet he did..."

Shy guy

"But we know Jerry did not eat all of the poisoned ice cream. Perhaps he felt sick, and so stopped. If this was a less than lethal amount, then his killer would need to go further."

fella

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Maybe someone followed Vigilante Girl and Camera Boy when they kidnapped Abby in the first place?" Urumi suggested.

"Maybe. Abby was kidnapped at around 8:00, so if they were followed, it wasn't by Florian, Oscar, Raul, or me, since we were setting up the party in the ballroom." He runs a hand through his hair, sighing. "But then again, that still leaves a lot of other people who could've followed them..."

Jack turned to Keri. "We know he ate a lethal amount if he coughed up blood. I'm assuming it has to be from the ice cream, unless the killer forcefed him more."

Shy guy

"Oh, that is right... indeed it seems odd then, the crime as described would have likely sufficed. I cannot think why more action would need be taken."

"Are we sure the killer didn't use any other kind of weapon to finish the job? I mean, it sounds kind of likely, right...?" Florian says, scratching his chin.

Shy guy

"If such a weapon existed, we would have found it. All that comes to mind is the bent ironing board, which seems highly impractical to me."

"Yeah, plus you'd think anyone attacking someone like Jerry would at least end up with some bruises, weapon or not," Urumi added. "Maybe the place where he actually died would have clued us in to who his killer was somehow?"

"Hm...Oh!" Florian's face lights up. "What if the killer found a way to make Mister Hagendaz slip and fall into a fatal position? He was quite a, uh, hefty individual, after all...That could also explain the loud sounds we heard coming from above.."

Last edited by TheLetterF on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Did anyone besides Keri leave the party without being noticed?" she asked the emcee(s).

Shy guy

"What did the blood outside the window look like, Miss Sawamatsu?" Keri asked. "Any pattern? A splatter vs a drip vs a smudge, or some such. And where exactly was it? Where would it have had to have come from to end up there?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"What did the blood outside the window look like, Miss Sawamatsu?" Keri asked. "Any pattern? A splatter vs a drip vs a smudge, or some such. And where exactly was it? Where would it have had to have come from to end up there?"

"Uh, a splatter, I guess. A few of them." She hopped up on the top of her podium and sat there; apparently she'd gotten tired of standing on one foot. "I don't know what direction it came from, just that it was outside. I'm not a blood expert or anything."

Shy guy

"Do you think it would have been from Jerry coughing up blood? Or could it have been from some other wound?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"Do you think it would have been from Jerry coughing up blood? Or could it have been from some other wound?"

"I don't know," Urumi shrugged. "Does it matter? Jerry's the only one who could have been bleeding, right? So it'd have to be from him anyway. That's pretty weird, isn't it?"

She frowned. "I don't know if he'd be able to climb down the side of the building without help. And if he had help and someone needed to go down the building, why send Jerry instead of whoever was helping him? I think the only ones less suited for climbing than him are probably Mitzi and the robot, so unless they were helping with the pulley..."

Shy guy

"I have a... partial theory on what happened to Jerry." Keri said by way of answering. "We believe him to have been poisoned in the blimp, on the roof. Perhaps his killer wanted to bring his body to a lower floor, for reasons I do not know. However they could not use the elevator - they had cut off access to the roof in order to prevent anyone from stumbling upon the scene. The only option left to them was to lower him outside of the building using the pulley. It was while he was lowered that he coughed up blood onto the outside of a window on floor 38. While I do not know where this would take us, to me it is a reasonable explanation for how the blood got there."

fella

"Yeah, that makes sense," Bryan missed as Keri explained her theory. "So, the killer attacked Jerry, broke a few limbs, and used the pulley to lower him down, all while the elevator wasn't working so they wouldn't be discovered, yeah?"

"But for what purpose..? If he was being lowered, the implication was he was being taken somewhere."

"Wait, so if he was being lowered while he was already dying, how'd he end up on the other roof? Couldn't he have been getting pulled up from a lower floor?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"I have a... partial theory on what happened to Jerry." Keri said by way of answering. "We believe him to have been poisoned in the blimp, on the roof. Perhaps his killer wanted to bring his body to a lower floor, for reasons I do not know. However they could not use the elevator - they had cut off access to the roof in order to prevent anyone from stumbling upon the scene. The only option left to them was to lower him outside of the building using the pulley. It was while he was lowered that he coughed up blood onto the outside of a window on floor 38. While I do not know where this would take us, to me it is a reasonable explanation for how the blood got there."

"That's a pretty below-average deduction." Jack shook his head.

"There's no reason the killer would lower Jerry's body, nor could they place it in a room from the roof. It's much more likely that Jerry went down to floor 36 or 37 on his own, passed out, and then the killer tied the cord around his wrist to bring him up to the roof. While being raised up, he coughed his last breath. We don't know how he got to the rod, but we do know he'd need to be on a higher floor than it at the very least. With your theory, he's being sent down frtom he roof and brought back up later? I don't think so."

Shy guy

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"But for what purpose..? If he was being lowered, the implication was he was being taken somewhere."

"That is the issue... the bloodstained ironing boards imply his presence on floor 42, but that is above floor 38. It is as though they lowered him a distance first before bringing him up a few floors. Perhaps his weight caught them by surprise and they lost control over the descent for a moment before correcting and raising him to their designed destination?"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Wait, so if he was being lowered while he was already dying, how'd he end up on the other roof? Couldn't he have been getting pulled up from a lower floor?"

"But then why was he on the lower floor, if he was poisoned on the blimp to begin with?"

JesusMonroe wrote:
"That's a pretty below-average deduction." Jack shook his head.

"There's no reason the killer would lower Jerry's body, nor could they place it in a room from the roof. It's much more likely that Jerry went down to floor 36 or 37 on his own, passed out, and then the killer tied the cord around his wrist to bring him up to the roof. While being raised up, he coughed his last breath. We don't know how he got to the rod, but we do know he'd need to be on a higher floor than it at the very least. With your theory, he's being sent down frtom he roof and brought back up later? I don't think so."

"But then in your theory he begins on the roof, descends by himself only to be raised back up again. It is similarly unusual." Keri responded, surprised by the sudden intensity of the discussion.

"He'd descend normally in my theory. With the elevator."

ASCEND

((The bloodstained ironing boards were nowhere near the windows. Also, they could have been moved out of the closet on wheels. Not sure that was ever mentioned.

Also, I can't remember if Raul or Koichi ever mentioned this, but they could see which directional buttons people pressed when they went into the elevator.

EDIT: Also, to clarify about the exercise straps: they weren't tied to Jerry or anything. They were just wrapped sorta tightly around his arm.))
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

JesusMonroe wrote:
"He'd descend normally in my theory. With the elevator."

"But then the killer would need to find him on the lower floor, return to the roof to adjust the pulley such that the rope was at the right level, go back to the lower floor to attach him, and then finally return to the roof again to operate the pulley."

"I suppose I just don't see the sense of lowering him. Unless they did it to get momentum for quickly reeling him up and getting him on the rod, but that seems both impossible in theory and impossible to plan."

ASCEND

((I can't decide if this is stepping out of my bounds as GM, but I guess I'll mention that the room with the bloody window wasn't right next to the elevator. If it was we would have mentioned that.))
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Couldn't someone on the roof just force Jerry to go all the way to Floor 36 with the control panel?" Urumi wondered, swaying her legs a bit. "Then they'd know exactly how far to lower the rope."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Something else about the balloons is that the balloon was inside and the string was caught in the window frame, as the balloon was still part of the cluster. It means the window opened, the balloons moved and one of the balloons found its cord stuck in the window frame."

Datamatt wrote:
"Something else about the balloons is that the balloon was inside and the string was caught in the window frame, as the balloon was still part of the cluster. It means the window opened, the balloons moved and one of the balloons found its cord stuck in the window frame."

"Right, that's why I asked if anyone left the party without being noticed. It almost sounds like someone left through the window; if they were just shutting it I'd think they would see the balloon stuck in it."

Another lightbulb popped above Koichi's head.

"As the kids go, 'by golly!'"

Koichi took out a notepad and began to write stuff down.

"Here...this is a list of the elevator movements."

Jack: Up
Jerry: Up
Irene & Urumi: Down
Alex: Down
Circe, James, & Mitzi: Down

"With how that party was going, I'm surprised you were able to see anything at all! Anyway, most of you probably wouldn't have seen something happening somewhere else unless it was on stage!"

Kyle cheerfully adds his perspective.

Shy guy

"The off-colour tablecloth in the dining room... was it bleached?" Keri suggested. "I do not know where they would have found a replacement, so that leaves the only option as it changing colour. The chairs in there were rearranged too, was there perhaps a fight? Was that how Jerry received his injuries? And perhaps blood got on a tablecloth and it needed removing."

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Datamatt wrote:

"Right, that's why I asked if anyone left the party without being noticed. It almost sounds like someone left through the window; if they were just shutting it I'd think they would see the balloon stuck in it."

"Hmmm yeah, I have a gut feeling the killer was someone at the party..."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"I would think so too. They had managed to sneak out unnoticed from the window somehow, but I suppose that would have been possible with the... let's say, extravagant music choice." Irene says.

Shy guy

"They would also have been present to conceal the fridge." Keri said, nodding slowly. "After ensuring Jerry left, they could leave themselves via the window to follow after him. They must have returned the same way, for otherwise their lack of taking the elevator to leave would be noticed."

[put something witty here]

"It'd have to be someone rather acrobatic, in that case. Jumping in and out a window over 40 stories up is no easy feat..." Oscar sends a not-so-subtle glance Bryan's way.

"I don't wanna say it." Jack muttered, "but I really have a feeling the killer is...Bry Guy. Maybe he slipped and fell on his way out the window, but caught himself on a lower one. Maybe arriving in Abby's room and having to kill her too? He's the only one who could scale the building without rope, so he's the only one who could even get to Abby's room through the window regardless. Her Majesty saw a large blur fall, but nobody actually littered. That could only have been a body, but it was a living one that managed to save themselves..."

Shy guy

"Was Bryan not DJing the entire time? Would his absence not be noted?" Keri asked.

"Well like I said, he was in a helmet and hoodie. So it might've not been him at all, but I guess that raises the question of who else it could've been anyway...REGARDLESS, there were balloons like everywhere and people could sneak out I'm sure. I don't know if he DJ'd the entire time, I wasn't there."

Jack raised his finger. "But I do know that a lot of parkour artists use this white powder called 'chalk', I don't know if you guys have heard it. It's generally for writing on blackboards but can also be used to help grip."

[put something witty here]

"I... guess he could've slipped out while I was on stage." Oscar rubs his chin in thought. "It's not like the turntable needs constant attendance, you could always just choose a playlist and let it go for awhile. That's something we discussed before he took the job, even."
Page 24 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus