Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 17 of 18[ 702 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Re: Nonary Game 4: Life (Final Round: EXECUTION PHASE)Topic%20Title

Rioichi Cooper wrote:
"Dry, when you searched Neo's body, did you come across a key? A key that looks like it could unlocks a set of handcuffs?" D asked Dry.

Dry shrugged. At least as well as he could, with his hands bound. "I don't have the key to Ant's handcuffs. Either Neo never had the key, or it was stolen from him before he fell unconscious. It certainly wasn't on him when I searched him."

Gettin' Old!

Ant's wrists are bound extremely uncomfortably, the handcuffs are stretched as far as they can so that his wrists are pulled back towards each other in a constant form of strain.

"Regarding communication...all participants will undergo the trials individually so you won't be able to communicate normally...though it sounds like some of you have distinctly abnormal ways of communicating."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sleeping is my life.

"Either that or the handcuff key was never in the game to begins with." D answered Dry. "If one of us have the handcuff key, it's very likely that they're keeping quiet about the key. But since we haven't heard a single word about the handcuff key, I would assume that it wasn't in the game the whole time. It made things harder for Ant, if you get my drift."

D couldn't help but feels pity for Ant. That must looks really uncomfortable, in her opinion.

Shy guy

"I was under the impression there was a key. Queen?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"I was under the impression there was a key. Queen?"

"Could be he swallowed the key," said Dry. "If that's the case, then you're pretty S-O-L."

Queen waits nervously in her throne. Now that she has taken her rightful place at the head of the room, she looks like royalty. A look of concern flashes across her face as she hears the others talk about the handcuffs.

Oh my apologies, Ant. I was going to tell you back in room 3, but I reserved the information since the fact that you're handcuffed is the reason why it was easy to trust you in the first place.

Honestly though, I should have told you back then that I was the one who handcuffed you back at the beginning of the game.

Anyway, since I'm afraid it might hinder your ability to play here somehow, I'll give you the key. I've certainly trusted you with a lot of dangerous information already. There's no point in keeping you cuffed.

(If it's allowed, I'll give Laurent the handcuffs key)

Sleeping is my life.

"....... And here, we thought that Neo was the one who handcuffed Ant. But in the end, it was actually Queen who handcuffed Ant.... What the hell is wrong with you, Queen...." D quietly said.

"Bishop, I know this question might be err.... a bit too personal. But I want to ask a little about your family history. You said that your father used to be a member of a famous troupe of magicians.....

Would this troupe of magicians happened to be called.... The Ridley Brothers?" D asked Bishop.

"Yeah, that's them."

Sleeping is my life.

"As I suspected." D said, before explaining to the others. "The reason why I asked you if that was the Ridley Brothers.... It's because I have heard of them before. I might have gone to one or maybe two of their shows, but that was years ago so I'm not exactly sure.

Anyway, as for how I figured this out, it's simple:

First, your last name, Bishop. When I first heard that last name being mentioned, I could have swore that I heard that name somewhere before, but I couldn't put my finger on where.
Second, you said your father used to be part of a famous troupe of magicians. That's when it clicked in my mind where I heard the 'Ridley' name before. There was only one troupe of magicians with that name, and that is the Ridley Brothers."

(Timeline wise, the Ridley Brothers' last show was almost 50 years before this Nonary Game)

Gettin' Old!

(XD Let's just assume D HEARD OF them or watched a tape. Also there's no effective way to unlock the handcuffs right now as EVERYONE's hands are bound with the exceptions of Queens and she's separated, but you needn't worry there's no more reason to uncuff him at this point.)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sleeping is my life.

(50 YEARS BEFORE THIS GAME?! I have no idea! But yeah, D could have watched a tape, which make her feels like she was there at one of their shows. That could work. I'd like to imagine that her grandparents taped some of the shows.)

"Ah, my apologies. I think I am mistaken. I was thinking of the shows that my grandparents taped. That's how I knew of the Ridley Brothers. Sorry, Bishop." D said, sheepishly. "You know how it is when you watch a taped Ridley Brothers show. It makes you feels like you're there at that show."

"So Thomas Ridley is a member of the Ridley Brothers? No way. I don't believe it. That's impossible."

This is Vii pumping as much pure deadpan into his voice as he can muster.

"JUDGE, could I have my arm unlocked for a second? I can't facepalm like this. ...On a more serious note, can votes be changed once they're submitted? Can we vote for ourselves? Most importantly, if someone votes for you, do you get time to respond? I don't really feel like dying because some asshole decides to condemn me right before the deadline."

Gettin' Old!

"I can offer you a shock instead? Would that do?"

"Now for your other questions:

Votes can be changed as much as you like.
Only public votes will be counted
You can vote for yourself
You do not need to submit a vote
You can submit a CONDEMN vote without submitting a REDEEM vote and VICE VERSA"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Last edited by Pierre on Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shy guy

"Votes can be changed? Then, honestly, I can't really see this getting anyone anywhere. Not with who we have in the group. I vote to skip this phase. If everyone else agrees with that, then all we're doing is wasting time, we may as well continue."

"Wait, I thought if there was a tie, nobody was found guilty.

"I'm in favor of passing if it's allowed; I'm not interested in killing anyone here, I'd just like to leave."

"...actually, damn it, no, that won't work, will it?" Vii shook his head. "At the very least, Bishop will probably need to vote unless he's confident he can pass all six tests."

"I'm not too confident I can pass all six tests to be quite honest, and I do have no doubt that Laurent and Allison both deserve to die. While I would like to condemn either of them, I also have no desire to play into Zero's hands. I'll take the chance of a clean escape but I certainly won't object if anybody else wants to vote as well."

Shy guy

"Charming. You know, there are 8 of us here, all connected in some manner. Our combined brainpower can solve whatever Zero throws at us. I'd look into being friendly if you want to make it out of here, or at least feigning such for these last few trials."

Beware of the Dog

"For me, I have also no interest in voting for anybody. Let's make this as little troublesome for everyone. Still... I can't really see the whole picture, "number eight". What is the point of this round? Putting the "subjects" under additional psychological pressure? Getting rid of those you wouldn't need anymore?"

Sleeping is my life.

"Bishop, I would like to remind you that..." D stopped herself when she realized what she was going to say. "Look, Bishop, I have some words I'd like to say to you, but not now. Later, okay? After we get out of here, that is."

"Anyway, Ant got a good point. I expressed no interest in voting for anyone. I wants all of us to make it out alive."

Gettin' Old!

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Wait, I thought if there was a tie, nobody was found guilty.

"I'm in favor of passing if it's allowed; I'm not interested in killing anyone here, I'd just like to leave."

(Entirely correct, apologies, rules adjusted accordingly, this phase is skewed in favour of mercy and to clarify, if someone is CONDEMNED the trials are reduced from 6 to 3)

(Additionally, Phase Change will have to wait, I foolishly forgot I had a dentist appointment the morning before my backshift.)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"...Got a question, JUDGE. Here's a scenario. Player A votes to condemn Player C and redeem Player D. Player B votes to condemn Player D and redeem Player C. Assuming there's no other votes, everyone is safe and A and B both get a reduced number of trials, correct?"

"I believe someone needs to actually end up condemned."

Gettin' Old!

"Unfortunately no...the reduced sentence is only available in the circumstances that someone is fully CONDEMNED and dies. Furthermore if someone is CONDEMNED then everyone gets a reduced sentence...not just those who vote."

The JUDGE closed his eyes "I don't make the rules I just enforce them."

(New phase change time will be tomorrow morning 9:30am GMT)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

(Phase Change in Progress)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

"It fills me with joy to see such compassion for your fellow man. As such you have decided the term of your sentence...just to clarify here is the current shock level on everyone's bracelet."

Ant: 3 Lights
Penta: 1 Lights
D: 3 Lights
Bishop: 5 Lights

"For every puzzle you fail, the shock level will be increased by 1 and at the end of the puzzles...you will be shocked once. A shock of level 6 will kill you. You can attempt a puzzle as many times as you like...answers will only be revealed at the end and you will be held to account then."

An almost pained expression crossed the JUDGE's face.
"I'm sorry...good luck."

With parting words...the chairs began to move. The sound of gears turning ripped through the building as the participants were turned to face the back wall where the monitor was. Moving through the grooves in the floor, hidden doors opened in the back wall and the chairs were rushed through it. Beyond the wall was darkness and the loud noise of the machinery was the only clue to their surroundings. Calling out to each other in the darkness, the participants realised that at some point or another the chairs had separated on their paths as they could no longer hear each other. Eventually they feel that their chair has ground to a halt with a sudden jarring thud.

It's quiet.

Calling out still yields no results (communication in this thread is not allowed for this phase).

Suddenly a bright light flickers to life causing the participants to recoil in the darkness. A screen, right in front of the participant's faces has some text on it.

The Final Obstacle to their freedom lay before them.

Seek a Way Out

Spoiler: 1
The door that leads to the electric chair in the Prison for Creative and Unusual Punishment is located in a depressing, windowless basement hallway near the back. It just so happens that it is right next to an identical door that leads to an unguarded fire exit.

One day the warden was bringing a prisoner to be executed, but was feeling sorry for him. The prisoner had been convicted on dubious charges and DNA evidence had been unearthed that might have exonerated him, but the court threw it out. So the warden wanted to give the prisoner one more chance at freedom. There were two guards with them and the warden whispered in their ears, out of earshot of the prisoner. The warden instructed one to tell nothing but lies when asked a yes-or-no question and the other to tell only the truth when asked a yes-or-no question. Otherwise they were to remain silent. The prisoner couldn't tell which was the liar and which was the truth-teller.

The warden then told the prisoner that he could ask one yes-or-no question to one of the guards. If, from the answer, he could pick the correct door to freedom, the guards would look the other way.

What question should the prisoner ask?

Spoiler: 2
Forever foe to what is wrong,
men rage if i be lost by theft;
i am what justice works to bring,
And all you have when nothings left.

Spoiler: 3
Two prisoners are locked in a cell.
There is open window approx 30 feet above the ground of the cell.
They are never able to reach there.

Then they plan to escape by a tunnel and they start digging out.
After digging for more than 20 days, one of them comes up with a different plan and they escaped.

What was the new plan?

Spoiler: 4
A man was in court to be sentenced for theft.
The judge told the man, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to five years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to ten years in prison."
After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?

Spoiler: 5
Recall the first riddle, the door that leads to the electric chair in the Prison for Creative and Unusual Punishment. It is located in a depressing, windowless basement hallway near the back, right next to an identical door that leads to an unguarded fire exit.

A prisoner with similar lamentable circumstances to the guy in the first riddle was being brought in for execution, and the warden wanted to give him one last chance at freedom. This time, however, would be more complicated. Rather than two guards, there were three guards with them, named Al, Bob, and Carl. The warden held a brief huddle with the three guards, out of earshot of the prisoner. He then told the prisoner some of what went down in the huddle.

"I've instructed one guard to tell nothing but lies when asked a yes-or-no question. I've instructed another guard to tell only the truth when asked a yes-or-no question. I then repeated one of those two instructions to the remaining guard. Unfortunately, I'm not going to tell you whether there are two liars an a truth-teller, or two truth-tellers and a liar. And I'm certainly not going to tell you which is which. You have two yes-or-no questions to ask, choosing one guard at a time to respond (no asking a question of the whole crowd). From the information you glean, you may choose a door. Best of luck."

What did the Prisoner ask to gain his freedom?

Spoiler: 6
Name Zero.

(Answers to be submitted in GM QT)
(End Game Shall be Tuesday morning 9:30 GMT)
(Good luck)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Re: Nonary Game 4: Life (Final Round: SENTENCE)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

(Phase change in progress)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Gettin' Old!

The doors open in front of the participants as they are projected forward into another room on their chairs. The chairs come to a shuddering halt and the participants breathe, relieved to be alive. Above them atop a series of stairs leading to the ground is Queen's chair. As they take in their new surroundings, the bindings on their chairs release them.

Spoiler: A huge expansive hangar stands before them, dilapidated like most of the building

Snow blows in from an open door on the opposite end of the room. The only piece of equipment in here that seems to be of any use looks to be the high-tech radio equipment over in the corner of the room. On the monitor there is a window with one large button reading "SEND SIGNAL".

Sitting still...not moving from their chair are the two star-crossed lovers, Bishop and Persephone. Bishop's wrists are chafed so hard that blood drips from them. Persephone's beautiful visage is splattered crimson as blood seeps from her perfect lips, her head hanging limply to the side as if asleep. They have died.

(Sorry for the ridiculous time delay...it was necessary)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

D ran up to Bishop's body and searched his body for the documents.

Gettin' Old!

(Which is something you could have said in private)
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

"...... It's no use. Both Bishop and Persephone are gone.... Just like how Romeo and Juliet ended." D quietly mustered as best as she could as she turned away from the bodies.

She couldn't be sure if she could go comforts Dry or let him mourns over Persephone's death. D decided to do the latter.

She turned towards Queen, and spokes, "So, uh, Mrs. Demaine...? Can I have the handcuff key, please? I'd like to get Ant out of those handcuffs right away."

Dry quietly got up and strode towards the pair of dead bodies.

"Bishop..." Dry said. "Sorry i didn't realize I could trust you until... until it was too late. Maybe if I'd have found the HEAT key a little sooner... maybe you'd still be here..."

"Aisha... I... I really wanted to get you out of here..." his voice cracked for a moment. "You didn't deserve this. You should've been goin' to school. Getting in trouble with boys... I dunno what kids get up to these days... but not this. Not here. In the end, I never really knew much about you... at least you don't have to look over your shoulder anymore. "

His big hand clasped her shoulder one more time before he turned towards the others.

"Queen..." he said after a long pause. "As far as I'm concerned, their deaths are your fault. Neo's too. You can blame Jamie till you run out of breath. But he didn't bring them here, you did. You were responsible for putting them in the devices that killed them. That they were even here at all. They were brought here to save you. And they paid for your life with their own."

He glanced at his right hand. Without realising it, he had drawn the knife that he'd gotten from Neo. After what seemed like a long time, and significant effort, he put the knife away into his pants. "Justice ain't mine to take or give. I am not your executioner, either. "

He pointed to the monitor. "Does that call some sort of rescue crew or something? I am ready... I don't think I can do more. I'm ready to leave this place. "

Sleeping is my life.

D was quiet as she watched Dry mourns over both Persephone and Bishop.

When Dry blamed the Demaines for their deaths, D decided she need to stand up for the Demaines.

"Dry, I don't think you understand this. That's not how you look at it that way. Think of it as this:

If you go to a shop, and that action happens to start a chain of events which leads to someone murdering another person, unbeknownst to you... The only one at fault here would be the murderer. There's no point in considering 'if I only haven't gone to the shop that day' - the murderer is still to blame. The murderer is the one entirely at fault, and you, a mere shopper, can't feel guilty about that.

So, in this case, the Demaines are not at fault here. The only ones who asked for this to happens were Bishop and Persephone. They chosen their fate, and there's no point in changing that. Do you understand what I mean?" D said, remembering what Ant told her a while ago telepathically. D kept her distance from Dry, in the event if something horribly goes wrong.

"Ah, but I have Persephone's bracelet here..." D said as she pulls Persephone's bracelet from her pockets to show Dry that she was telling the truth. "I'm not sure if you want to have it or not, but...."

"...I can understand Bishop, but Persephone's bracelet was clean when she started the trial. Did she just give up? ...Guess there's no way to know now."

Vii turned his lowered head away from the others and moved in the direction of the radio. "We're done here, right?"

Sleeping is my life.

"I'm not sure, Danny. Some of us may have some matters they wished to take care of." D said. "For one thing, I know that Dry got the documents that I signed. Bishop didn't have them on his person when I searched his body."

"Yeah, I agree on Persephone's bracelet. It'll be a mystery that'll never be solved, just like how we couldn't figures out Ant's episode. The one where he recalled walking through Room 7 and picking up the CPR machine and when he checked his pockets, it was there. And that episode contradicted the fact that I was the one who actually found the CPR machine in Room 7. I suspected that it have to be a esper power... But as for who have that esper power.... We'll never know, right?" D asked.

If he wanted to, Jamie could have killed me and taken my body. From there he probably still goes out and builds a torture game for D and Ant and so that he can get a younger body than mine. Anyway, I saved as many people as I could, without any regard to who they were. Now, I can only hope its all over, never to happen again.

Dry, you're the last non-borderline-murderer here, so congrats on being literally a saint. If you want, you can celebrate by murdering the rest of us, since you're morally superior everyone else.

Queen turns her head up to dry. She's stopped trying to look strong for the others. It isn't necessary now. Even though what she said to him was scathing, her expression begs for forgiveness

Queens eyes somk forlornly to the two bodies in the chairs.

Ugh... 5 out of 10 survivors isn't so bad I guess.

Tears form at the corners of her eyes.

All the kids died. Aisha... I'm so sorry. I couldn't save you twice. We probably could have conferred through the brainwaves here. I should have asked if anyone was struggling. I've been playing so hard all day, but I stopped playing too soon.

Let's get out of here.

She follows Danny to the radio. To hit the switch there.

Sleeping is my life.

"Uh.... What about the handcuffs, Mrs. Demaine? Are you going to leave Ant in handcuffs? Just like that?" D asked, confused.

Beware of the Dog

"The handcuffs are the smallest problem now, I would say."
Looking at the bodies with a face you could hardly tell what it meant, she walked over to Ant and grabbed the handcuffs to break the chains up.
"Congratulations, Dry. She really called you a saint. Not really how I would call you, to be honest."

Sleeping is my life.

D was speechless as she watched Penta breaks the chains on the handcuffs.

"Well, problem solved, I guess." D said, sheepishly. She then looks to Ant and asked, "Ant, how are you feeling now? Now that you're free of the handcuffs? Sort of, I guess."
Page 17 of 18 [ 702 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus