Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 18[ 684 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Nonary Game 8: Trials & Tribulations (END)Topic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

(This is a forum game. Only those who have received a Role PM may post.)

9 people suddenly finds themselves seated in 9 identical chairs in a unfamiliar room. Some of the people were in various states of waking from slumber. Those who were awake and alert decided to take a look around the room they're in. The room is dimly lit, due to a single light fixture in the ceiling. The light, however, is bright enough to allows them to make out a door on one wall. Those that tried to open the door discovered that it would not budge. Not even a inch. Seems like the door won't be opening anytime soon. The room appears to be spacious, with plenty of room to walk around.

It seems that the only thing the 9 people have to do is to talk with each other to try and make sense of their situation. If there is one thing that can be agreed on, it's how they ended up here: they were kidnapped and brought to this unfamiliar place. Why were they brought here? And for what reason?

Layout of room for reference.

Spoiler: Door Color Notes
Green = Open
Orange = Locked
Red = Unopenable

Spoiler: Players

1. Pitch - A scraggly man.
2. Deux - A formal woman
3. Psi - A paranoid woman
4. Dee - A 15 years old boy
5. Jupiter - A man in his 30s.
6. Virgo - A woman with a attitude.
7. Sin - A man claiming to be a office manager.
8. Peri - A aging woman.
9. Blaze - A burly blond man. Real name: Darren Emmott

Spoiler: Basic Actions
Players can perform one Action per room. With the exception of Watch and Watch My Back, Actions can be performed at any point during the exploration. To perform your Action, please state it in your QT.

Watch and Watch My Back must instead be declared at the beginning, before the player does anything in the room itself – it's fine if other players have done anything, however, and you can go as soon as the message of your Action declaration is sent, you don't need to wait for confirmation. These two Actions also come with consequences – if you choose either, then you can miss other things due to your focusing on an individual, be it yourself or someone else.

The possible Actions are:
Watch – Keep an eye on someone else, receiving basic information about what they did during this room. Doing so distracts you from everyone else and also gives a 50% chance of failing a puzzle if attempted.

Watch My Back – Keep away from everyone else and make sure no-one tries any funny business around you. Doing so distracts you from everyone else and also gives a 50% chance of failing a puzzle if attempted.

Give – Give an item to another player. This can be done covertly – if they aren't Watching, you can slip an item into their inventory without them realising, perhaps to plant evidence.

Steal – Take an item from another player. This has to be done covertly, unless they consent. If you don't know what you're trying to steal, you'll get something random; if you try to steal a specific item and they don't have it, you'll get nothing.

Whisper – Say something to another player, without anyone else hearing. You can choose to stay anonymous when you do so.

Use Item – As it sounds, when you find a free moment and no-one is looking, you use an item you possess. If the item happens to be a weapon, you can try to covertly kill another player with it. Or you could just...

Open Kill – Throwing subtlety out the window, you try to kill someone directly with whatever you've got. Such a bold action succeeds even if the target is Watching you or their back, but you'll also clearly be seen or heard by everyone else in the room. In addition, there are situations in which the target can resist, fleeing to the others or even fighting back.

Last edited by JaytheBluPirate on Sat May 25, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Re: Nonary Game 8: Trials and Tribulations (Round 0)Topic%20Title

Sock

"Ahhh, fuck... Hangover? Don't even remember how the game went..."

A rather tall, scraggly man in a somewhat proper, but obviously worn outfit stood up from his seat and looked around the room, rubbing his head with his right hand, and, fingers combing through his wavy, reddish-brownish hair. He shook his left arm up and down, seemingly trying to shake something off.

After a few seconds of fruitless arm shaking, the man took a look at his left wrist, his tired eyes widening when he saw the rather large and clunky bracelet on it, visible only because his sweater sleeve was rolled up. The bracelet only displayed the number [1].

"The hell's this...?" still dazed, he seemed to finally take notice of the other 8 people in the room. "Who the hell're you?"

Happy Maria

"A-ah!" A panicked shriek echoed across the dingy lit room. It appeared to come from a meek looking lady, appearing to be around 30 years old. She seemed to be quite disheveled, with her brown hair scattered around her. As she pulled back her hair to get a better view of the room she was trapped in, it was apparent that she was quite alarmed by her current situation. She wore a light green sweater with a striped green muffler over it, and red spectacles over her eyes.

As she looked to the other players, she widened her eyes. "W-where are we? What, what is this place?" She stammered nervously. "W-were you all kidnapped as well? I... I can't believe this!" She straightened up slowly. "Why would someone want to kidnap m-me? It's, it's..."

As she spoke, she suddenly felt a slight weight on her left wrist. Looking down, she appeared to be even more confused. "What... what is this?" She held up her hand, pulling back her sleeve a bit to reveal a strange looking bracelet. "There's... a number on it? It's..."

She tilted her arm slightly so that the others could see the singular [3] on the screen of the bracelet.

"What does this even..." She murmured. "Does this mean I was the third to be taken? Or... oh no..." She wiped off some sweat that was slowly starting to form on her brow. "Does this mean I might be the third to d-d...no, no, calm yourself down", she softly told herself. "You're going to be fine, you're going to be fine, you're going to be fine..."

She closed her eyes while chanting those words to herself to regain her composure, although from the look on her face, it didn't appear to be working very well.

Gettin' Old!

A tall muscular man glared down at the small bracelet affixed to his mighty forearm. He wore a simple white shirt that was stretched tightly over his broad muscular chest, traces of his abs could be seen beneath the white cotton. Other than that he wore simple blue denim jeans that were frayed and torn in a stylish manner as they bulged over thick thighs. A small golden chain rested around his colossal neck and above it a youthful but hardened face took in as much as it could of the room. His clear blue eyes pierced through his neat blonde bangs as he looked over himself with as much surprise as his surroundings.

Extending one hand gently up to his face he delicately touched the bandage on his cheek before looking down towards the bracelet arm as well. He ran one hand over the bandages which appeared to have been delicately wrapped around his hands in places before tapping on the bracelet's display panel gently.

"Nine"

The man had little understanding of what that meant but it was clear from his face he wasn't happy with this situation.

"Is everyone alright? Anyone know where we are?"

Hearing the woman screaming was giving him a headache but the man extended a hand open and peacefully "Please try and remain calm Miss, we're going to figure this out."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

9 Houses, 9 Cats, 9 Lives

"My... head..."

A thin teenage boy of average height and with not much muscle, looking about 15 years old, seemed as if he was about to throw up. He had black hair and was wearing a blue shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers. On paper, this should've looked decent, if a bit plain. In practice, the color tones didn't match each other all that well. It made him look quite nerdy, because only a nerd would not have noticed these issues.

He looked around and noticed he wasn't alone in the room. He felt like someone was screaming before, but he didn't wake up in time to really hear what was being said.

"Uhhh... hello, everyone. I don't know who you are, but... hello. I guess. Does anyone else's head hurt? And... does anyone know why we're here? I... think I got kidnapped, actually."

He looked fearfully around the room, trying to mentally adjust himself to that idea. It didn't work too well and his fear was quite obvious to anyone willing to look.

Suddenly, his left wrist felt like it was itching. Looking at it, he saw a bracelet, which showed a single number: 4.

"Four? I... don't get it..."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"What in the fuck..."

An annoyed grunt comes from yet another person in the room, evidently a woman-- seemingly in their early twenties. She has long, thorughly average black hair and, oddly enough, a pair of earmuffs with pink discs, a black strap and white fur. They wear a simple purple t-shirt and worn out blue denim jeans.

She doesn't exactly look all that happy, but she sighs and swallows it down for the time being, wearing something along the lines of a passive aggressive face. Standing up, she looks around- since everyone is showing their bracelets, she does the same, turning the other way and grunting something under her breath.

Six.

hi

"Where...where I am? Where's-"

Another woman had just woken up. While she still looked fairly young, her brown hair was starting to gray in some places. She wore a pale green sweater, jeans, sneakers, and a pair of glasses. The faint light in the room illuminated a small wedding band on her left ring finger.

After taking in her immediate surroundings, she took a moment to calm herself. "I suppose no one else here knows what's going on? Well then, I guess we'll have to figure things out on our own then."

She looked down at her wrist. Just like the other players, she had a bulky bracelet around her wrist with a number on it. "Hmm... an [8]. I wonder what these all mean."

Happy Maria

"...You're going to be fine, you're going to be fine..." The woman continued to herself... till she heard the burly man trying to console her. Looking up, she seemed a bit surprised by how muscular he appeared, but quickly put that out of the way. "Oh, oh, I'm sorry! I, well, I didn't mean to be so... loud?" Her tone was rather apologetic. "I'm sorry, I just... forgot I'm not alone here. I'll... I'll try to collect myself. Um... sir."

Letting out a slight sigh, she turned around to notice the teenage boy. "What? A child here as well? A child, kidnapped?!" She shouted, clearly starting to panic again already despite what she had just said earlier. "Why would they take you? Or any of us? Why were we even kidnapped? This is so strange... I was just taking a nap in my room when I got taken." She suddenly recalled. "With some weird... white gas there. Did any of you see anything like that?" She addressed the others in the room with her. "I tried to escape, but only made it halfway before I collapsed. Was it some kind of knockout gas? I didn't even get to see anyone kidnap me... I wonder if that was on purpose. Oh, but why would someone even want to kidnap me? I'm... just a normal person. Who'd even pay my ransom?" She bemoaned.

Gettin' Old!

The tall man nodded seeing how the woman had made an effort to calm herself "It's fine ma'am, you can call me Blaze. We should try an remain calm for now. Don't want to hyperventilate or have a panic attack after all." he said rubbing at his bandages idly as he took in the others.

"Yeah definitely seems like we've been kidnapped in any case." He curled his hand into a fist testing his body as well as he could after waking up. "I remember seeing some goon in a gasmask in addition to that sleeping gas stuff you mentioned."

Blaze began to stroll through the room, his heavy footsteps rumbling through the ground as he approached the main door. "Well whoever it was, they didn't chain us up at least and they've put us together." he knocked on the door idly, more testing the quality of the door than expecting an answer. "Never quite heard of a ransom situation like this though ma'am."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sleeping is my life.

(Dropping in to say this: I'll be putting up the player list to keep track of who's who)

Overhearing the two go on and on, eventually Blaze talks about some dude in a gas mask, catching her attention. She turns over to them after a few moments of hesitation. "If you really gotta' know, I went through the same. Some gas-masked dipshit was standing out my door when I passed out because of some gas. So we all probably went through the same."

She stares at the back of her hand for a few seconds before sighing, "Is Blaze your actual name, or? I wouldn't think so, but it's pretty out of the blue."

The boy turned to the people talking about the gas.

"Ugh... now that you three mention it, I, too, was knocked out with some white gas. I was in my room, doing my homework and was so busy I didn't even notice the gas at first. I heard my mom scream my name and tried to run towards her, but I didn't even make it to the door before my consciousness went bye-bye and I collapsed on the ground. Whatever that gas is, it works fast. Maybe that's why my head hurts? Feels like there's liquid inside, and every time I turn around too quickly, it's as if that liquid lags behind and rotates slower than my head. I know it sounds silly, but it's the closest thing I can think of..."

He looked at the woman who was panicking moments ago.

"Also, I'm not a child! I'll have you know I'm adult enough to sneak out and watch R-rated movies without permission... that's not how children misbehave, that's how teens misbehave! Right?"

He tried to smile to lighten the mood somewhat, but the resulting smile looked hollow and felt eerie. There was no way he'd hide his worries, no matter how much he tried.

"I... I hope my mom's OK", he added quietly.

Happy Maria

"This is really c-crazy", the woman stammered. "It's unusual that some of us saw the guy who ki-kidnapped us, but some of us didn't. This is a rather unorthodox kidnapping, to say the least." She decided to stretch her legs a little by getting up. "It looks like we've been made free to wander for now. I-I guess... maybe they figured we wouldn't be able to escape this way?" She tried pulling on the door to no avail. "It seems like they might've", she sighed. "Either way, thank you, Blaze. That's a... nice name you have. I suppose I should introduce myself in return. My name is-"

Then she was interrupted by the 'teen' wearing blue. "O-oh, I'm sorry, erm, young man? I didn't realise that... I hope your mother is a-alright as well", she added a little hopefully.

She looked around awkwardly, hoping to change the subject. Her eyes settled on the bracelet once more. "Oh, yes, this! We're 9 people in a room... and we apparently are numbered from one to nine. Judging from the numbers we've seen, anyway. Why are we even wearing these? I don't even like the number 3 that much..."

A sigh could be heard from one side of the room. It came from a woman in her early thirties. She was wearing a somewhat formal attire, and overall looked as well as you could expect in a situation like this.

She crossed her arms, a defeated look on her face. "With my luck lately, I guess it shouldn't be surprising that I ended up like this."

She wearily walked over to the group currently discussing the situation. "Unsurprisingly, I have one of these too..." She said, showing the bracelet around her wrist displaying the number [2]. "Are these for identification or something? Maybe we're being treated as prisoners now..." She somehow didn't seem that shaken up by the idea.

"Oh and yes, I saw the gas and the masked person. When I was getting to work no less. I'm going to be in trouble there..." she lamented.
Signature loading, please wait...

"Well, even if we're being identified as prisoners now, I don't have anything against my number, at least. After all, it's the only number that coincides with the number of letters in its name -- "four" has four letters. None of the other numbers do that, so mine's pretty cool, actually. If only it wasn't related to all this... stuff."

The boy looked at the man calling himself Blaze.

"Blaze, that's not your real name, right? I'm pretty sure I've never heard of a name like that before, except for fictional characters. Is Blaze a code name? You know, I think you have the right idea."

Clearing his throat, he continued:

"Who knows how much the kidnappers know about us? Maybe they don't know our names yet? If so, we don't have to reveal them. We can all do code names. Is that alright with you all? I'll pick... let's see, my number is four... what about Dee? It's a name that actually exists, so it's simple to remember, and it sounds like the letter D, fourth in the alphabet. Although... we'll need to tell about this to the people still sleeping."

The boy stopped talking and looked around. His expression was not only that of fear, but worry, as if he was not only afraid for himself, but for others, as well.

Happy Maria

"C-codenames..? Say... that sounds like a pretty swell idea", the woman said to Dee. "I guess I don't want to risk them finding about me and my family if I can... Imagine what they would do to them if they found out." She shuddered slightly before looking down at her bracelet, scratching her chin in thought.

"Hmm...3, huh?" She said. "Three... tri... like trident, maybe?" She suggested to herself. "Um... no, that seems a little too simple. But... trident. That reminds me of something", she suddenly realised. "Wait, I think I might have got it!"

"You all may call me Psi", she said proudly. "It's a Greek letter that bears a strong resemblance to a trident. I think it fits pretty well." Psi gave a confident nod. "Y-yeah... it really does."

The woman takes off her earmuffs, and puts them around her neck. "Codenames, huh?"

She mulls over it for a few seconds. "That's not a bad idea. Not like anyone here trusts eachother, don't think you need me to repeat the same shit again." She looks down at her bracelet for some moments, sighing and shrugging. "Fine. I'll take Virgo. Pretty fucking lame compared to 'Blaze' or 'Psi' or whatever the fuck, but it works."

Last edited by Datamatt on Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I guess codenames sound better than being referred to by a number, if our real names aren't a good option."

She thought about it for a moment. "Oh, I guess foreign languages would be a good place to find a codename. So...Deux? Yes, that sounds good." She nodded. "Those French classes did pay off after all."
Signature loading, please wait...

Gettin' Old!

Blaze turned away from the door to look at the others "Codenames huh? Well I suppose you can think of Blaze like that if it helps." He shrugged "Though in honesty if you were kidnapped from your home then the kidnappers probably know all about you from your phone and personal belongings" he said patting his pockets down anyway.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sock

"Ah, shit. If knew I was gonna be bloody kidnapped I would've grabbed my lucky baseball cards..." The scraggly man mutters to himself for a moment before bringing his focus back to the group.

"Huh?" The man tilts his head in confusion at the wacky names he's hearing. "Code names? Sounds like a bunch of stupid junk to me. Like what that big dude said." He tilted his head over towards Blaze for a brief moment.

He scratches his chin for a few moments before speaking up again. "Yeah, I got caught by that stupid white gas stuff too. Right in the middle of the damn game. Any of you guys like baseball?" He sighs.

"...get me out of this fucking hellhole already." That last bit sounded stressed, though it was quite quiet. Whoever happened to hear could probably infer he's just as scared as everyone else, if not moreso.

Gettin' Old!

Blaze swung towards the scraggly man and he examined him confused "Huh...you play baseball? I wouldn't have thought...well what should we call you anyway?" He asked gesturing a powerful arm towards him. "What team did you play for?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sock

Pierre wrote:
Blaze swung towards the scraggly man and he examined him confused "Huh...you play baseball? I wouldn't have thought...well what should we call you anyway?" He asked gesturing a powerful arm towards him. "What team did you play for?"

The man chuckles for a good few moments. "Me? Play baseball? You're kidding, right? I was just watching the game at home. Does this look like baseball wear to you?" He gestures to his rather worn outfit.

"Maybe someday though. That sounds like a pretty nice dream." He gives a rather warm smile, in contrast to his dirty appearance. "Aw screw it. Call me Pitch. Works for our silly code name theme, yeah? Cool."

Pierre wrote:
"Though in honesty if you were kidnapped from your home then the kidnappers probably know all about you from your phone and personal belongings."

"I'm more worried about the people in this room knowing more than they should than the dipshit who did this. Christ I wish I could get my hands on him..." Virgo punches the palm of her left hand for emphasis. "I have no doubts the absolute fuckwad knows what we're doing, where we live and our entire life at this point anyways."

Gettin' Old!

Upon realising his mistake Blaze coughed slightly and hung his head "Oh right...o-of course! How foolish of me."

He looked around at the others "Seems most of us can remember when we were kidnapped then but what has you so on edge about the rest of us Virgo?" He asked "We don't mean you any harm. We're all stuck here together against our will so we'll need to support each other"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
He looked around at the others "Seems most of us can remember when we were kidnapped then but what has you so on edge about the rest of us Virgo?" He asked "We don't mean you any harm. We're all stuck here together against our will so we'll need to support each other."

Virgo looks at him for a few seconds, before sighing and releting. "Alright, you've got me there. Fine enough. I'm just on edge because of that gas-masked fucker."

Two milkmen go comedy!

"What the hell....My head hurts"
A man in his 30s just woke up.He has very short hair and is wearing glasses,a white shirt and black pants.
He started to look around and saw 8 other people
"Who the hell are you guys? What in the world happened? You were the ones that kidnapped me?Or maybe..you were kidnapped aswell?
After asking the questions , the man realised that something heavy is on his wrist.It was a bracelet displaying the number [5]

"Christ, my head hurts..." Said the rather gruff voice of the a man. He stood up, rubbing the back of his head, as he tried to figure out what was going on.

One look at him would reveal he was dressed rather sharply. He wore a black blazer and vest, with a gray undershirt and black tie. He seemed to like the color black, as both his pants and dress shoes were the same color as well. The man appeared to be in about his mid-forties, and had dark bags under his eyes. His dark gray hair was somewhat messy, and he had some stubble, suggesting he hadn't shaven in a while. On his left wrist was a bracelet, with the number [7] displayed on it.

He looked around at the others who had woken up before him. "....Who the hell are you guys?"

hi

"Hmm? Codenames?" The woman with the [8] bracelet spoke up. "Well, I guess I'll be Peri. It's short for peridot, the birthstone for August.

"As for the last thing I remember, well, I was getting dinner ready when I noticed the white gas. So naturally, I..." She paused, and whispered something to herself, but it wasn't audible. After a few moments of silence, she shook her head. "Sorry, I spaced out for a moment. Anyways, I tried getting away from the smoke, but I passed out."

She looked over at Dee, giving him a warm smile. "Your mother is alright, dear. I'm sure of it."

Upon hearing Peri's comment, Dee relaxed a little and even showed a hint of a smile.

"I hope you're right, Peri. Nice name, by the way. Creative, yet simple to remember. I first thought about picking chemistry for myself, but beryllium is a strange-sounding word. No one would want to pronounce that! So I went for something simpler, but yours is so much better... it's great."

Turning around, he looked at the last two people.

"You, too, got a headache? Guess it really is from the knockout gas they were using. I don't like it."

That last bit sounded rather silly in its utter obviousness, so he followed a bit more quickly than normal:

"Anyway, we decided that we might not want to reveal our real names, just in case we can deny the kidnappers some information. We picked code names, instead. My code name is Dee. Others can introduce themselves to you, as well. You two should pick a code name, too. Just thought I'd let you know since we talked for some time while you were still sleeping."

Overhearing Peri, the man gives her a surprised look. "Code names, huh? What kinda party is this...?" He asks, confused.

"...Wait a sec." He says, frowning with a rather serious look on his face. "Did you say something about white gas? That happened to me too. I just got home and noticed the window was open. I went to close it, and saw the reflection of some asshole in a gas mask and raincoat. I went to go confront them, and then collapsed. The white gas was the last thing I saw before I passed out. If the gas thing happened to the both of us, am I correct in assuming it happened to everyone else?"

He turned to face Dee once he noticed the boy was talking to him. "...Christ, they took a kid too?" He muttered. "Thanks for the heads up. These code names aren't a bad idea." The man looks at the number on his bracelet and rubs the back of his neck, thinking. "Seven, huh? Not the number I would have picked for myself, but whatever." He thinks for another moment or two, before seemingly coming up with something.

"I've thought of one. You guys can call me Sin."

Sock

"Seven sins, huh? Tryin' to warn us or something?" Pitch puts a hand to his chin. "You some kinda undercover cop? All black don't make you look too friendly."

Kachu wrote:
"Seven sins, huh? Tryin' to warn us or something?" Pitch puts a hand to his chin. "You some kinda undercover cop? All black don't make you look too friendly."

"You aren't lookin' too friendly there either, pal." Virgo grins.

Sock

Datamatt wrote:
Kachu wrote:

"Hey, come on. I've got a lovable smile, and I ain't some shady dude in a suit. You sayin' you trust shady dudes in suits? Whatever floats yer boat." Pitch shrugs.

Kachu wrote:

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. Don't think too hard about it, it's just a code name." Sin says. "A cop?" He laughs. "That'd be pretty fuckin' cool, wouldn't it? Nah, I'm just an office manager."

Kachu wrote:
Datamatt wrote:
Kachu wrote:

"Hey, come on. I've got a lovable smile, and I ain't some shady dude in a suit. You sayin' you trust shady dudes in suits? Whatever floats yer boat." Pitch shrugs.

"Suits ain't necessarily shady. They just mean you got a lot of money to spend on clothes." Virgo shrugs.

"And, depending on what office he's a manager in, that explains the money. Right, Sin?" Dee asked.

("You may only embed 3 quotes within one another" -> forum has some unusual limits, apparently)

Two milkmen go comedy!

"Wait wait wait....what gas? My situation was different.I was in my house looking for a beer in the fridge and suddenly someone put a piece of cloth with chloroform on my mouth.After smelling the scent i passed out.
And about the code names,it might be a good idea."
He starts rubbing his chin.
"Since my number on bracelet is 5 you can call me Jupiter,you know,the fifth planet from the sun."
After looking at Dee:"Christ...They even got a kid."
After looking at everyone,Jupiter said to Dee: "Look kid,it might sound weird,but right now it looks like you're the only one i can trust.After all a kid couldn't be the mastermind behind this,but it could be anyone else in this room."
Jupiter looks at everyone and says:"Don' get me wrong guys,is not like i don't want to trust you but firstly i need to hear some explications.
Jupiter starts raising his voice:"Why the hell are we here and for what reason? What in the world are we supposed to do?"

Sleeping is my life.

As the players kept talking about their situation, they didn't expect to hear another voice speaks up.

"I see. Very interesting." The voice spoke up, causing the players to stop talking as a chill went down their spines upon hearing the voice. The voice sounds cold and distant and it is difficult to get a accurate read on the tone and gender of the voice. It sounds like the voice was being fed through a voice-alternator device. "I went to check on how my players are doing and already.... You are all up and talking."

A thought ran through everyone's minds: There was a 10th player in the game? They looked around the room, trying to find the person. However, there seems to be only the 9 of them. Where was the 10th player? Still, the voice continues to speaks.

"Now, I know you all have questions, such as why you were brought here... I can answer that. You are all brought here, because you have been chosen to play a game.... A game called the Nonary Game. It is a game where you puts your life on the line in order to survive. As for what you'll call me... Call me... [Zero]. Now then... I'll go over the rules of this Nonary Game that you all are playing."

Spoiler: Nonary Game Rules
1. Vote to decide which room to go into.
2. Once inside the rooms, search them for clues on how to escape the rooms. There will be puzzles to solve, so try to do your best in solving them.
3. Find a way out! However, there may be people who'll prevents you from escaping. So, beware!

Spoiler: Voting Phase Rules
In the voting phase, the players must forms a group that meets the door requirement presented. Only the players in a group for a specific door may pass. Others will be indiscriminately punished.

The door requirements will requires the players' knowledge of math as they'll ask you to do some math to decide which three people should go into the door. As long as the requirements are met, any group will do fine.

Spoiler: Room Phase Rules
Rooms will take place in QTs, private from everyone not in the room.

You can periodically state a location to investigate when searching. Along the way you will most likely find puzzles. The first person to solve a puzzle receives the puzzle's reward, should there be one. Note that you will need to solve puzzles in order to escape the room as well.

If you don't escape before the phase change, you will all be punished, so watch out!

You may each perform one Action per Room Phase. Actions are detailed below.

Spoiler: Basic Actions
Players can perform one Action per room. With the exception of Watch and Watch My Back, Actions can be performed at any point during the exploration. To perform your Action, please state it in your QT.

Watch and Watch My Back must instead be declared at the beginning, before the player does anything in the room itself – it's fine if other players have done anything, however, and you can go as soon as the message of your Action declaration is sent, you don't need to wait for confirmation. These two Actions also come with consequences – if you choose either, then you can miss other things due to your focusing on an individual, be it yourself or someone else.

The possible Actions are:
Watch – Keep an eye on someone else, receiving basic information about what they did during this room. Doing so distracts you from everyone else and also gives a 50% chance of failing a puzzle if attempted.

Watch My Back – Keep away from everyone else and make sure no-one tries any funny business around you. Doing so distracts you from everyone else and also gives a 50% chance of failing a puzzle if attempted.

Give – Give an item to another player. This can be done covertly – if they aren't Watching, you can slip an item into their inventory without them realising, perhaps to plant evidence.

Steal – Take an item from another player. This has to be done covertly, unless they consent. If you don't know what you're trying to steal, you'll get something random; if you try to steal a specific item and they don't have it, you'll get nothing.

Whisper – Say something to another player, without anyone else hearing. You can choose to stay anonymous when you do so.

Use Item – As it sounds, when you find a free moment and no-one is looking, you use an item you possess. If the item happens to be a weapon, you can try to covertly kill another player with it. Or you could just...

Open Kill – Throwing subtlety out the window, you try to kill someone directly with whatever you've got. Such a bold action succeeds even if the target is Watching you or their back, but you'll also clearly be seen or heard by everyone else in the room. In addition, there are situations in which the target can resist, fleeing to the others or even fighting back.

((If I missed anything that wasn't mentioned in the rules, please do ask and I'll explain.))

"Hey, dumbass!" Sin shouts, addressing the mysterious tenth person. "What if I don't feel like playing your stupid game? What are you gonna do to me?"

hi

"Ah, that's...well, it's certainly very interesting. I suppose this means our kidnapper wants us to escape." Peri sighed, rising from her seat again. "Well, there's no use waiting around here anymore. Let's see if we can open that door over there."
Page 1 of 18 [ 684 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus