Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 1[ 32 posts ]

Danganronpa Game Interest ThreadTopic%20Title

Hey, I'm considering creating a game based off of Danganronpa. You don't need to know anything about the series to participate

There won't be any narrative or grand story, it'll just be structured moreso like mafia. Everybody will submit a talent to me, and you'll get some sort of ability based off of it. You win if you kill someone and get away with it or live until the end

Only thing I haven't decided is how to set up the murder mysteries in a way that's fair to both the killer and those participating. I might just remedy this by lessening the punishment for finding the wrong culprit from "everybody dies" to "two random people die"

Ideally looking for 9-16 people. 12 is probably the best number

If this garners interest quickly, it won't start while KamiPanda's Nonary Game is running
Re: Danganronpa Game Interest ThreadTopic%20Title

Shy guy

I'm interested. Especially if it's after the Nonary Game, as I'll definitely be free.

Happy Maria

What exactly do you mean by 'submitting a talent'? That seems really vague. I'm still interested. I don't know a thing about DR either, so I guess I'll participate.

For now, I guess my talent is having a good poker face and coming up with good cover stories on the fly

Southern Corn wrote:
What exactly do you mean by 'submitting a talent'? That seems really vague. I'm still interested. I don't know a thing about DR either, so I guess I'll participate.

For now, I guess my talent is having a good poker face and coming up with good cover stories on the fly

Every Danganronpa character has a talent, which basically means they're the best high school student in the world at their particular thing

You can be the Ultimate Attorney, Ultimate Bookworm, Ultimate Football Player, Ultimate Dog Trainer, Ultimate Seamstress...

I only ask that the talents not be too broad (don't pick Ultimate Athlete, pick a particular sport) or too OP (Ultimate Can-Bring-Dead-People-Back-To-Life-er yes I couldn't think of a better example)

Also in DR games, the talents usually reflect the characters' personalities. So please pick one that you think you can have fun with as well and not necessarily the one that you think will win you the game (as the abilities will all be pretty balanced regardless of whether or not you pick a useless talent or a good talent). That's not a requirement though

Happy Maria

Ultimate Bookworm fits me the most so that :)

Gettin' Old!

Damn Ultimate Winner seemed a shoe-in for me!

I'm kind interested but I know little of DGR but if it's simple Mafia level pace then sure.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Pierre wrote:
Damn Ultimate Winner seemed a shoe-in for me!

I'm kind interested but I know little of DGR but if it's simple Mafia level pace then sure.

Yeah it'll pretty much be mafia with some form of a mystery attached to each crime. The main difference is that anybody can kill another play if they choose to, rather than everybody being strictly divided into mafia and town factions

Don't know too much about Mafia, but I can't say no to Danganronpa.

If this happens, can I be the Ultimate Revolutionist?

Yes, that's fine. From the sound of it, I'm interpreting it politically so just correct me if that's not what you had in mind

And I'll advise future posters to just PM me their talents when the game is full for sign ups, but if you don't have a problem with posting it in this thread then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would be interested if you manage to get things going.

How are you thinking the murders play out? Like would there be rooms and tasks a la the nonary games?

I'm thinking there'll be different rooms and objects and it'll be up to the murderer to craft their scenario. Then I might throw a counter-scenario at them like "you got blood on your shirt", and they'll have to find a way to deal with that too

That's just what I'm thinking at the moment though, it might not be what's in the final version

1000% Knight

I'll only join if I can be SHSL Survivalist whose power is "SHSL Irony: Must be selected as first victim"
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Happy Maria

Being the murderer is always rather fun. Already planning some stuff jic

@BadPlayer this can be arranged

Shy guy

lonechallenger wrote:
If this happens, can I be the Ultimate Revolutionist?

JesusMonroe wrote:
And I'll advise future posters to just PM me their talents when the game is full for sign ups, but if you don't have a problem with posting it in this thread then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was going to ask about this, actually. Does this mean talents aren't necessarily public knowledge? In the games they were a clear part of the identity of each of the characters.

I mean, I assume the ability will be private either way. And regardless I'll probably make my talent known.

They're not exactly secret (only your abilities are smarter to keep secret) and I expected them to be revealed in Phase 0 anyway. Not to give away the strategy, but someone planning on being a murderer could lie about their talent from the beginning if they felt their actual talent could aid in a killing

Shy guy

Sure, makes sense.

This sounds interesting, since you said it would be more like Mafia would roleplaying be only optional like in the first two Nonary Games or mandatory? Although I will probably RP either way.

Also how would ending the game without anyone successfully killing work? Will it be like the games with a trial for the mastermind after 5 murders are done?
Signature loading, please wait...

Cesar Zero wrote:
This sounds interesting, since you said it would be more like Mafia would roleplaying be only optional like in the first two Nonary Games or mandatory? Although I will probably RP either way.

Roleplaying is recommended, but not mandatory

Quote:
Also how would ending the game without anyone successfully killing work? Will it be like the games with a trial for the mastermind after 5 murders are done?

I'm not sure yet, might just make it as simple as "you win if you survive 4 trials" or might make it whoever gets to the final three

By the way, I have another forum I can recruit from to get the last few members (once the "deadline" is closer)

However, I still haven't decided what will be a good number of players. My main fear with 16 is that it's too many but I wanted to hear others' input

If it's too many, maybe we can split into groups of two or something (assuming it doesn't become hell to organize)

JesusMonroe wrote:
I'm interpreting it politically so just correct me if that's not what you had in mind

Could be I guess. I'm more thinking of someone you'd expect to be loud and abrasive whose actually quiet and meek (on the outside anyway, inside they're a master manipulator which is how they get their revolution)

Shy guy

16 could make things more interesting - more suspects, more voices to throw chaos into any discussion. But I can't deny that it seems a lot, which might just make things confusing.

Personally I'd like to see 16 players. But I'm fine with less.

I suppose I can do 16 and just have one or two people die if the blackened gets away with their crime, that way the game continues. Since this game is going to be kind of experimental, that'll show what the "optimal" number is for future games

Shy guy

Random death does maintain interest for everybody in solving any given case, as any one of them could die if they're wrong. So it's probably a good way of doing it. And as you say it also allows the game to continue afterwards, while adding tension and pressure as player numbers drop.

One 'issue' with this game, which may or may not be a problem, is that by its very nature one of the players will be out pretty quickly, as the first murder victim. Do you think it would be worth having a scapegoat NPC of sorts to be the first victim? Like Bad Player's Ultimate Survivalist, for instance.

KamiPanda wrote:
One 'issue' with this game, which may or may not be a problem, is that by its very nature one of the players will be out pretty quickly, as the first murder victim. Do you think it would be worth having a scapegoat NPC of sorts to be the first victim? Like Bad Player's Ultimate Survivalist, for instance.

It just comes with mafia-like games. You can be the first person lynched or first person killed in the night even if you didn't really do anything incorrectly

It's actually less of a problem in this game because you can just avoid getting killed by killing someone else

1000% Knight

KamiPanda wrote:

why do you need a character like my SHSL Survivalist when you can just have my SHSL Survivalist
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Shy guy

My thinking was that this was going to take longer than typical mafia games, and be run less often. If this is only as frequent as the Nonary Games have been, it would suck to be the first killed knowing that the next one won't be for quite a while. But as I said, it might not be an issue really. It was just a thought I had.

Bad Player wrote:
why do you need a character like my SHSL Survivalist when you can just have my SHSL Survivalist

Good point XD

Happy Maria

Maybe have a ghost mechanic where instead of the GM throwing counterproposals in your murder it'll be the ghosts of previous victims trying to mess you up :-P

So it gets harder to do murders in late game especially lol.

damn it I wanted to be SHSL Cosplayer but I checked and V3 already did that

stupid official games taking all the good talents

Shy guy

So that my talent doesn't get taken: I'd like to be the SHSL Origami Practitioner. Not exactly a useful talent, but hey :p

Happy Maria

Don't worry,we all want to make paper planes and throw them out of class sending them to our parents informing them what a terrible school this is. Great idea

The only custom Danganronpa talent I've thought of before was an Ultimate ??? where it turns out that was literally their talent, the character is just naturally good at being mysterious. But that wouldn't make sense for this game...I'll probably go with Ultimate chess player or similar.
Signature loading, please wait...
Page 1 of 1 [ 32 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus