Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 1 of 1[ 35 posts ]

Nonary Game Nine Signup Thread (Closed!)Topic%20Title

Spoiler: Teaser
Greetings XX. XXXXXX XXXXXXXX,

You are personally invited to participate the Mastermind of Games Event! This one-day gaming event will pit you against other talented players in a contest of deception and wit! You'll get to know your competitors as you swindle them out of their cash!

Zero Games is a fast-growing board game company located in Fox Harbor, MI, known for our beautifully-designed and mechanically-innovative party games. We want to give back to the community for our successes, and as such, we want to provide the community with fun gaming events! Through the Mastermind of Games event, we hope to eventually provide a stage for board game enthusiasts across the country to experience gameplay at the highest level!

You may be asking yourself why you were chosen. Maybe you're a favorite notable person of mine. Maybe you seem like someone who could use a pick-me-up. Maybe you are just someone I would like to watch play my games. Regardless, each player is expected to bring their guile, wit, competitive spirit, and an eagerness to have fun! We hope that with that, everyone can get the most out of the experience.

This game will not be streamed, and any footage of the game will not be sold. My primary desire in putting on this event is so that I can participate in the game and enjoy as well. This does mean I will be competing against you for the prizes! But unless I hide who I am, all of you would simply team up against me! As such, the game will involve deducing my identity and making sure I cannot win the game.

So, I'm sure you're interested in what the prizes would be! Well, the cash prizes will total around $10,000,000. The player who earns the most money through the course of the game will be declared the winner, and they will be rewarded one special champion's prize! If you were to win as the champion, we were thinking of giving you the following reward: X XXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXX XXX XXXX XXXXXXXX. Let us know if this fits your interests, if not we may have a different offer.

So, if you are interested in playing this game, please let us know as soon as possible at XXX XXX XXXXX or through our email at XXXXXXXX @ XXXXXXXXX.XXX. We look forward to hearing from you! If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!

Hope to see you there,

Zero
Zero Games, Inc.

Hello everyone! It's finally time for a new Nonary Game!

If you are new to these games, you should know that they are very loosely based on the Zero Escape series of games. The idea is that each Nonary Game involves a set of nine strangers who are trapped in a strange location, who slowly unravel the mystery of why they were brought together and put into the game. The primary appeal of the games is the mystery aspect, which this particular game will have plenty of.

This particular Nonary Game is going to be formatted most similarly to Jesus Monroe's Nonary Game 7 (The Nullification Game). You can check out NG7's signup thread here and the thread containing the gameplay here.

This game will be similar to NG7 in a few key ways:

1. The primary goal will just be to create a good story. Gameplay mechanics only exist to service character development and add tension to the story. Everyone should be looking to give their character the best story they can manage while also striving for the best overarching story possible. This is something that's hard to teach, but the main idea is that sometimes you need to be ready to hand over the spotlight to other players so that both you and them can share in the fun of the game. It also means that sometimes you need to use discretion when revealing information as to make the mystery as engaging as possible for the other players.

2. The characters and their backstories have been predetermined. Once players are chosen, each one will be given the character that seems like it most suits them. You will then get access to the backstory of that character (which will be pretty complex). You will then have the responsibility to bring that character to life and give them a story during the game. You will also get to name your character!

3. The game's story will be standalone. Once you get your role pm, you know all you're going to need to know to dive into the mysteries of this game and act out your character!

4. There may be times (like the timeline switching in NG7) where you will be asked to act like your character does not know some things that you, the player, know. In most situations you will know everything that your character knows, but not always, and so it's important to understand the distinction between what you know and what your character knows. You should only really act on the knowledge of your character in the game.

All of that said, there are a few things that I think I need to say will be different:

1. Don't expect a horror/thriller game. A lot of Nonary Games have had some elements of this, but this particular game is not a horror game, period. The main relationship between this game and other Nonary Games is the mystery element.

2. So have you ever played a social deduction game? This game is inspired in part by Secret Hitler, Town of Salem, One Night Ultimate Werewolf, Spyfall, and so forth. These games require coming up with clever lies. This game will have mechanics that require you to be duplicitous and come up with clever lies. There will also be parts that will require making and breaking deals. Please be prepared for this if you wish to sign up!

So that should give you a pretty good idea of the game. Next up, here is the NEO-MAMA (Mandate Against Metagame Anything). Anyone who signs up for the game should agree to the NEO-MAMA (which is only slightly revised from NG7) so that I know they understand the expectations for their behavior:

Spoiler: NEO-MAMA
1. Don’t be inactive.
2. If you have to be inactive for some reason, let me know so that I can make accommodations if possible.
3. Be respectful toward other players, i.e. no being a jerk.
4. Don’t use meta needs of communicating private information like screenshots, PMs, and stuff. Be sportsmanlike. The spirit of the game is in solving the mystery, so using information behind the scenes can ruin the fun of the game. This is the most crucial rule. I don't expect to have problems, but please respect it!
5. Don’t be spiteful if something bad happens to your character. Don’t try to ruin things for other people. Be mindful that this is a mystery game and while you may know the answer to some of the twists, sometimes it’s best to hold onto things.
6. Spoiler alert but there are bad people in this game who will do and say bad things to characters, possibly yours. So don’t be spiteful to the players of those characters. They are being mean in the context of their character, which is part of the game.
7. At certain times, you may be tempted to have your character act in a way that you understand would seriously mess up the cohesion of the overall game (like rejecting doing something that will seemingly progress the game). Please talk to me if this happens! I am eager to talk things through and advise you! I'll also know for sure if it'll mess anything up and I can figure out a new way of continuing.

After agreeing to the NEO-MAMA, you should fill out this survey so that you can be assigned a character that suits your sensibilities (it's basically identical to the NG7 one).

Unfortunately, there are only nine player spots, so if we get more than nine signups, I will have to the player list down to nine. My goal will be to get the players who can do the best to bring the nine characters to life the best! So people who seem to most closely align with the cast or just have general RP skills will likely be chosen. Regardless, please don't be afraid to sign up! Those who do not make the cast will be able to sign up as a substitute. Should anyone drop from the game, the sub may play in their stead.

Game will start a couple of days after the players are selected, so that everyone has their chance to familiarize themselves with their character and ask questions if necessary!

Edit: The sign ups have closed, the final cast is below!

Spoiler: Final Cast
1. Datamatt
2. Pierre
3. Southern Corn
4. Igniter (DootDootDoot)
5. Planetbox
6. KamiPanda
7. JesusMonroe
8. Franzise Deauznim
9. Bad Player

Subs:
Hanzo Shimada
Kachu
Joker

Spoiler: Q&A
Questions will go here if you have any. Just ask in thread and I'll answer them!

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:16 am, edited 9 times in total.
Re: Nonary Game Nine Signup ThreadTopic%20Title

No other way than to make this mistake.

I agree to the Neo MAMA.

Friends of the AMS, it is gamer time.

Sock

Hello, yes, I agree to the NEO-MAMA. And of course, I'll also be signing up.

This looks really interesting, I'm excited to follow along regardless if I'm playing or not. Is there going to be anything special for Spectators? I know for people who aren't in or just don't choose to sign up it can be hard to follow along if there are things like puzzle rooms where no players can post in thread.

Gettin' Old!

In to the MAMA. I love games!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Happy Maria

Alright, sent my survey in! I pledge to the NEO-MAMA and all that jazz. I'm genuinely looking forward to this game, I love Mafia-games like that in general but I've played Avelon like 5 times and won 3 of them as the main baddie so yes I am prepared. Also sent in my survey so yeah, let's do this!

Sleeping is my life.

I'm in and I agree to the Neo-MAMA!

This'll be the first Nonary Game that I'll take part in after a long absence (last time was in NG5).

Last edited by JaytheBluPirate on Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oh it is time.

Not time to sign up because it's a little inconvenient right now but IT IS TIME and I'll send the survey in later. It's also time to pledge to the neo-mama, so I'm doing that too.

ASCEND

I agree to the NEO-MAMA. This'll be the perfect way to distract myself from all the essays I have to write
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

Survey complete, Neo-Mama agreed, signed up is me!

I agree to the Neo-MAMA. I'll fill out the survey now.

/in /mama

Okay so I expect we might get one or two more people to sign up at max.

As such, signups will officially end one day from now: Sunday November 17, at 8 PM EST. Anyone who is interested please sign up!

Thanks to all those who have already signed up. Seems like we'll have a good cast.
Re: Nonary Game Nine Signup Thread (Still Open!)Topic%20Title

Hello everyone. It has come to my attention that I should give you all a warning about gameplay/content:

There will be some element of romance to quite a handful of characters. If you are not comfortable with romance-related RP, you should let me know in PM here or on discord so that I can accommodate you!

The way I would describe the story is a drama. There will be emotional elements with heartbreaks and such. Obviously nonary games typically have that element, but expect more emotions of that kind.

1000% Knight

neo-mamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Gettin' Old!

Bad Player wrote:
neo-mamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

....just killed a man...
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Alright I'll give this a try

Agreement with the nyo mommy
Re: Nonary Game Nine Signup Thread (Closed!)Topic%20Title

Alright, after some very difficult deliberation, I've decided on the following cast! Here it is:

1. Datamatt
2. Pierre
3. Southern Corn
4. Igniter (DootDootDoot)
5. Planetbox
6. KamiPanda
7. JesusMonroe
8. Franzise Deauznim
9. Bad Player

Subs:
Hanzo Shimada
Kachu
Joker

Congratulations to those who made it! I will be contacting everyone with their characters shortly. If anyone has questions about how this deliberation turned out, let me know and I can try to explain the thought process. Thanks so much! Looking forward to a great game! When the game starts there will be a spectator thread.

Sleeping is my life.

Well, I'm bummed that I didn't make the cut, so congrats to those that made the cut.

Sock

Congratulations to everyone who made it in.
Looking forward to the game in a few days!

All roles have been sent!

Important notes to the players who have made it into the game:

1. You may change the name of your character.
2. The "personality" and "physical appearance" are just suggestions as well. Feel free to change those.
3. Game will start in a few days when I know everyone has a good grasp of their characters.

Happy Maria

Very epic. Good luck to everyone! Sorry to the subs who couldn't make it in as well.

Gettin' Old!

Yeah it’s alwYs a shame folks can’t get in. Should play a mafia game sometime here since they work with more players.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Most people have talked to me or confirmed character names at this point. If you haven't gotten to that, please do so when you get the chance, so I can tell people the names of the people they know.

Still not sure when the game will officially begin since it's a function of how long it takes for everyone to be secure in the understanding of their character.

Okay, so tentatively the thread will go up some time tomorrow in the evening. If anyone has an issue with this start date please let me know. I think most people are ready. Hope everyone is looking forward to it!

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
Okay, so tentatively the thread will go up some time tomorrow in the evening. If anyone has an issue with this start date please let me know. I think most people are ready. Hope everyone is looking forward to it!

HYPE

ASCEND

I have an issue with your mom’s start date
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Happy Maria

I'm going to be asleep by then probably but I might have time to make an intro in the morning so whatever.

Gettin' Old!

What is ‘evening’ for you?
Made by Chesu+Zombee

No other way than to make this mistake.

Yeah. Is it this evening by chance?

Happy Maria

If it's evening for me then I might be able to post yeah.

I'm in UTC-5 so I would post in a little over 12 hours or so. I'm sure people will be asleep by then, but I don't think I can post sooner today.

Gettin' Old!

Alright well I’ll likely be at Uni then so earliest you can expect a reply from me will be 5pm GMT
Made by Chesu+Zombee

I'll post in three hours or so. Don't worry about posting right away.

h y p e

Happy Maria

Well I won't be able to post for like 3 hours after the thread goes up so enjoy yourself guys
Page 1 of 1 [ 35 posts ] 

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus