Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 2 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Prologue)Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

James quietly listened to Queen Irene tell her tale while finishing up his salad. As he moved onto the nuts, his mind turned to Karanda. Quite interesting, he thought to himself. A monarchy, in this day and age? And yet, he hadn't so much as heard of it before. How could that have been? With a large enough population plus a good population, it didn't exactly seem to be an unmemorable area either.

"Your Highness, if I may", James said as politely as possible. "Where exactly is this "Karanda" located?"

No other way than to make this mistake.

Southern Corn wrote:
James quietly listened to Queen Irene tell her tale while finishing up his salad. As he moved onto the nuts, his mind turned to Karanda. Quite interesting, he thought to himself. A monarchy, in this day and age? And yet, he hadn't so much as heard of it before. How could that have been? With a large enough population plus a good population, it didn't exactly seem to be an unmemorable area either.

"Your Highness, if I may", James said as politely as possible. "Where exactly is this "Karanda" located?"

Irene chuckles. "Please drop the formalities, there is no need for them right now."

"It is possible some did not hear about it. It is located in the northern part of Europe, leaning to the west."

Shy guy

Leaving the unintroduced girl to use the phone first, Keri moved closer to Irene, interested in the current topic. "What is the kingdom of Karanda like? Is it a beautiful country?"

KamiPanda wrote:
Leaving the unintroduced girl to use the phone first, Keri moved closer to Irene, interested in the current topic. "What is the kingdom of Karanda like? Is it a beautiful country?"

"What would you define as 'beautiful'? Architecturally, the Royal Palace would most definitely be considered beautiful-- as it is our greatest architectural accomplishment. Environmentally, we have many untouched forests and plains, though I would be hard pressed to remember where and how every single one is. You would have to visit the Kingdom to get a good idea."

Shy guy

Undeterred by the vague answer, Keri smiled brightly. "Yes, I can just picture it now... a kingdom spreading out from a magnificent palace, a young bud amidst the ancients surrounding it... it must be a wonderful place." It seemed she didn't need much in the way of encouragement - she was perfectly happy to dream up a view of the world on her own. "I must say you, too, are a perfect representation of your title. It sounds as though you have achieved much as Queen. How are we to address you while on this cruise?"

KamiPanda wrote:
Undeterred by the vague answer, Keri smiled brightly. "Yes, I can just picture it now... a kingdom spreading out from a magnificent palace, a young bud amidst the ancients surrounding it... it must be a wonderful place." It seemed she didn't need much in the way of encouragement - she was perfectly happy to dream up a view of the world on her own. "I must say you, too, are a perfect representation of your title. It sounds as though you have achieved much as Queen. How are we to address you while on this cruise?"

"I do not mind how I am addressed. This is a casual setting, not a formal one, thus I believe honorifics are largely unneeded."

Happy Maria

Finishing up his lunch, James put the plate aside for Florian to take away. "Well, on that note, I suppose you're all free to address me as "James". I'd prefer that to "Director Clement"- it always reminds me of my old crew", he said, shuddering.

Southern Corn wrote:

"Still, I believe we should start to look around here. This seems to be quite the luxurious airship. Perhaps we can find out more about these mysterious bracelets and- ah!" James suddenly jumped. "Oh, I almost forgot!" He ran up to Alex, trembling with excitement. "You're the journalist, correct? Excellent!", he cried without letting her speak. "If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to have a private interview with you for a movie I'm working on. It would help with the publicity and all. I assume you are familiar with conducting an interview, of course." He gave her a warm smile before leaving her be to take a look around the place they were all captive in.

Alex approached the director, gently tapped him on the shoulder before speaking. “Excuse me, James. I’ll do your interview on one condition.” She raised up one finger, as if to put emphasis on the number. “I’ll want to do an interview with you in return. I may not be able to help too much with your publicity and all of that, but I’m sure my readers would love to hear from a director!”

Happy Maria

Salem wrote:
Alex approached the director, gently tapped him on the shoulder before speaking. “Excuse me, James. I’ll do your interview on one condition.” She raised up one finger, as if to put emphasis on the number. “I’ll want to do an interview with you in return. I may not be able to help too much with your publicity and all of that, but I’m sure my readers would love to hear from a director!”

"Well, of course! That was what I meant initially. Forgive me if it did not come through for you", James said, gently smiling.

Since no one was willing to get him some damn ice cream, the ice cream taster forced himself up and checked the foods.

"Nothing... simply, dreadful."

He slumped back to his seat, disappointment in his eyes.

Raul looked around at the other passengers. "Wait, are we sure we must be so calm in a time like this? I rejected the invitation to this trip, yet we all find ourselves here..." He shook his head. "But if it's what the people want, then I guess I must go along with it. And introducing each other isn't enough bonding for group unity. Now is a good time to get to know each other.

"I suppose some of you might be interested in what I've done, so feel free to ask me about it." He turned to James. "You especially would probably find the history of my country to be a subject of interest, right?"

Without waiting for a response, he went to look at the food available, apparently ignoring Florian's offer to assist any of them.
Signature loading, please wait...

Alex blushed slightly with embarrassment. “No, don’t apologize! It was my fault for not understanding ya.” She chuckled awkwardly and adjusted her tie. “Anyways I’m glad to hear that! I can’t wait for our interviews!”

Happy Maria

Lone wrote:
Since no one was willing to get him some damn ice cream, the ice cream taster forced himself up and checked the foods.

"Nothing... simply, dreadful."

He slumped back to his seat, disappointment in his eyes.

"Congratulations." James gave a smile at the ice cream taster. Was it genuine or taunting? It was hard to tell. "Your health and well being have been preserved for now." He beckoned to a nearby plate of fruit salad. "I recommend trying that, it's actually quite nutritional."

Cesar Zero wrote:
Raul looked around at the other passengers. "Wait, are we sure we must be so calm in a time like this? I rejected the invitation to this trip, yet we all find ourselves here..." He shook his head. "But if it's what the people want, then I guess I must go along with it. And introducing each other isn't enough bonding for group unity. Now is a good time to get to know each other.

"I suppose some of you might be interested in what I've done, so feel free to ask me about it." He turned to James. "You especially would probably find the history of my country to be a subject of interest, right?"

Without waiting for a response, he went to look at the food available, apparently ignoring Florian's offer to assist any of them.

"Oh?" James took out his camera and pointed it at Raul. "I'd be quite delighted to hear it. Is it something to do with your current talent as a revolutionary, if I may ask?"

Salem wrote:
Alex blushed slightly with embarrassment. “No, don’t apologize! It was my fault for not understanding ya.” She chuckled awkwardly and adjusted her tie. “Anyways I’m glad to hear that! I can’t wait for our interviews!”

"Alright." James nodded. "I shall see you then, I suppose."

Raul put a rather simple salad on his plate, then turned back to James. "Ah, well I suppose it depends on what you want to ask, but I would indeed be quite honored to talk about our revolution, and how it has changed our way of life. Speaking of which..." He looked towards Irene.

"Ummm, Ms Karanda..." He seemed unsure of how to address her. "You have spoken of your kingdom itself, but I'm curious, how do people usually live there? The common folk, I mean. Our previous government might as well have been a dictatorship masquerading as democracy, so I'm curious how an actual monarchy works that's all."

Happy Maria

"Oh?" James seemed caught back. "I was under the assumption you'd elaborate, but I suppose I shall be the 'interviewee' here, then." He cleared his throat. "Right, well…what exactly is the state of your country? You said it's a dictatorship masquerading as a democracy. Could you perhaps elaborate on that? How exactly did is come to pass? Why exactly have you become a revolutionary? What change are you rebelling for?" His camera was focused on Raul in a particularly intense fashion.

Cesar Zero wrote:
"Ummm, Ms Karanda..." He seemed unsure of how to address her. "You have spoken of your kingdom itself, but I'm curious, how do people usually live there? The common folk, I mean. Our previous government might as well have been a dictatorship masquerading as democracy, so I'm curious how an actual monarchy works that's all."

"Miss Karanda is fine. Simply Irene is also fine. In any case..."

Irene clears her throat. "It is not a tyrannical monarchy, nowhere near close to it. Our people live in peace with no issues-- I am certain this opinion is almost universal in my kingdom. If you would wish for an objective point of view, the only thing to do is visit the kingdom and judge by yourself."

Raul didn't seem bothered by the amount of questions rapidly thrown at him. He looked towards the camera.

"Well then. For many years our government was a rather corrupt one. The people suffered while our supposed kept everything to themselves, and despite having elections, it was all just a puppet show that always ended with the same few people at the top. There were various attempts at changing this of course, even non violent ones at the start. But they always failed. By the time I was forced to serve their military I had already made up my mind, after seeing how my family suffered every day." He raised his voice.

"So, I organized a revolution against them. Rallied the people, let them know they could fight, was just as merciless towards them as they could be towards us! And eventually, we were victorious. Of course, we still face problems, due to the way our resources had been misused, and they haven't stopped trying to take back our country just yet, but I can say our revolution has led to much more equality than we ever could have hoped for."

He smiled rather proudly after that, and went back to his food, waiting for any additional questions, before turning back to Irene.

"Interesting. Maybe I'll have to take you up on that offer, after we're done with whatever is happening here."

Happy Maria

Cesar Zero wrote:
Raul didn't seem bothered by the amount of questions rapidly thrown at him. He looked towards the camera.

"Well then. For many years our government was a rather corrupt one. The people suffered while our supposed kept everything to themselves, and despite having elections, it was all just a puppet show that always ended with the same few people at the top. There were various attempts at changing this of course, even non violent ones at the start. But they always failed. By the time I was forced to serve their military I had already made up my mind, after seeing how my family suffered every day." He raised his voice.

"So, I organized a revolution against them. Rallied the people, let them know they could fight, was just as merciless towards them as they could be towards us! And eventually, we were victorious. Of course, we still face problems, due to the way our resources had been misused, and they haven't stopped trying to take back our country just yet, but I can say our revolution has led to much more equality than we ever could have hoped for."

James put the camera back in his pocket. "That was quite interesting, Raul. Perhaps I'll even let it be made public after this trip is over. But…if I may ask, how much blood was shed on either side?"

The huffy, unidentified girl picked up the phone and dialed a number before speaking into it with a slightly quieter voice, though still loud enough for anyone nearby to hear her. "Hello? I want to talk to whoever's in charge here. Put them on."

Cesar Zero wrote:
"Interesting. Maybe I'll have to take you up on that offer, after we're done with whatever is happening here."

Irene nods. "Perhaps, that could be the case. We will see once we are out of here."

Raul seemed caught a bit off guard by how direct James was, but the question itself wasn't something he was surprised to hear.

"...no amount would have been too much to stop that regime." He said in an unusually cold tone. "But if you have to ask, we do make sure that innocent people don't unnecessarily die. We're not going to sink to their level. But it was a war, so casualties were unavoidable."

He looked towards the unnamed girl. "Ah, right, has anyone actually been able to get an answer by using that phone? " He seemed to want to change the subject.

Shy guy

Hearing Raul's grand tale, Keri applauded quite brightly when it was over. "What an amazing story!" She said, admiration clear in her expression. "Fighting to take back the country you love from those who would exploit it for their own gain... you must be revered as a great hero there!"

Glancing over at James, she then added "bloodshed is unavoidable when you've exhausted all other options. Sometimes you have to go further, go beyond - it is the only way to promote real change. This world we live in is real and true, sometimes practicality has to take precedence over idealism." Her voice rose in intensity as she lead up to the declaration, a trait quickly becoming familiar after her previous speeches. "After all, we cannot expect anything less from our enemies, for it would mean our defeat."

"Wow...this is some seriously deep conversation going on here...Anyways, I got cupcakes! Who wants some?" Florian says cheerfully to the group, holding up a filled tray.

Raul looked at Keri, seeming pleasantly surprised with her opinion. "That's right, Ms. Nabelle. Actually, your talent is also of interest to me, we have been trying to preserve our country's nature as we also progress technologically, and an environmentalist sounds like they could help with that. Not sure if you're the right person to ask, though."

Raul took one of the cupcakes, quickly thanking Florian.

"Thank you Florian," said Jerry. "I shall let everyone else take one first however."

"Why is everyone so concerned about how we got here?"
Boetius started leaning back on his chair, and then rested his feet on the table he had been passed out over a few minutes ago.
"The way I see it, the UJTS gave us a free air cruise, and who cares about the details? Sure, it is kidnapping, but what kind of idiot wouldn't want to come anyways?"
He took his lute from his back, placed it on his lap, and began lazily strumming, with no real apparent melody.
"What I'm saying is, maybe we shouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth. Just my two cents."

Shy guy

Cesar Zero wrote:
Raul looked at Keri, seeming pleasantly surprised with her opinion. "That's right, Ms. Nabelle. Actually, your talent is also of interest to me, we have been trying to preserve our country's nature as we also progress technologically, and an environmentalist sounds like they could help with that. Not sure if you're the right person to ask, though."

"Oh, yes..." Keri responded to Raul, stopping to think a little. The question seemed to have caught her off guard somehow. "I think that would be rather outside of my current expertise. You see, I am used to fighting for environmental support from the position of a civilian. I've no experience dealing with environmental matters when in a position of power... though I'm sure I could learn with a good deal of research. I'm good at that." She stated with muted pride. "Or... actually, yes, perhaps I could put you in contact with people from my organisation, people with the appropriate skillsets. This is quite an important matter, after all."

DootDootDoot wrote:
"Why is everyone so concerned about how we got here?"
Boetius started leaning back on his chair, and then rested his feet on the table he had been passed out over a few minutes ago.
"The way I see it, the UJTS gave us a free air cruise, and who cares about the details? Sure, it is kidnapping, but what kind of idiot wouldn't want to come anyways?"
He took his lute from his back, placed it on his lap, and began lazily strumming, with no real apparent melody.
"What I'm saying is, maybe we shouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth. Just my two cents."

"I believe that to be an excellent way to assess our situation." Keri said happily. "This is an opportunity, even if the finer details are unusual."

Sock

Rinea stuffed about three whole cupcakes into her mouth before running up to Boetius. "Hfck yefh!" She finishes eating her sweets before talking again.

"What an exciting adventure! Who cares what's going on? This is waaaaaaay too great! All of you look so much fun! Like Mr. Fatzo, The Giant, Pokey Hair, Scruffy Face.. I can hardly contain myself! This better not be a boring trip, or I swear!"

Rinea jumps up and down a few times before dashing around the room again.

Last edited by Kachu on Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kachu wrote:
Rinea stuffed about three whole cupcakes into her mouth before running up to Boetius. "Hfck yefh!" She finishes eating her sweets before talking again.

"What an exciting adventure! Who cares what's going on? This is waaaaaaay to great! All of you look so much fun! Like Mr. Fatzo, The Giant, Pokey Hair, Scruffy Face.. I can hardly contain myself! This better not be a boring trip, or I swear!"

Rinea jumps up and down a few times before dashing around the room again.

"See?" he stops his aimless strumming to point at Rinea, "You all should be more like her. This is gonna be fun, and most importantly, it's gonna be free."
He then opens his outstretched hand, open palm up, before rudely adding "Hey butler, hand me one of those cupcakes." he seems very intent in not getting up...

"Oh sure, Mister Brennan!" Florian answers the Jester before handing him a cupcake. "Wow... your outfit is pretty cool...Do you always keep it on?"

TheLetterF wrote:
"Oh sure, Mister Brennan!" Florian answers the Jester before handing him a cupcake. "Wow... your outfit is pretty cool...Do you always keep it on?"

Boetius pauses after taking the cupcake.
"... I do, actually. I don't own a lot of clothes, you see, and I 'work' for most of the day. And this thing is so damn comfortable anyways."
He then turns away from the rest of the group, and hunches over his cupcake. Now sure his face is hidden from view, he quickly pulls up his mask and gobbles the cupcake down in two short bites, the mask coming down again as quickly as it went up.
"Besides..." he stops, swallowing the last of the cupcake, "Seeing a clown off costume just kills the fun. It's like knowing the truth behind a magic trick, y'know?"

"Thanks, hon!" Alex said, as she grabbed a cupcake from the tray Florian was carrying. She peeled off the wrapper and took a bite.

She then turned her attention to the UJTS conversation. "While it may be free, and potentially kidnapping, I hope this trip won't last too long. Some of us have jobs and families back home..." She seemed to stare off into space after finishing her sentence.

Southern Corn wrote:
For one, what would a "Jack of All Trades" be doing here?", he questioned Marlowe

"Ha! You'd know as much as me, dude." He said while rifling through the fruit salad James had indicated earlier. "They like my talent enough to pay me, and I like the paychecks enough to come on this trip."
Cesar wrote:
"Wait, are we sure we must be so calm in a time like this? I rejected the invitation to this trip, yet we all find ourselves here..." He shook his head. "But if it's what the people want, then I guess I must go along with it."

"Go along with what now? Whaddya mean you rejected the invite? They force you to come or something?"

fella

Having been fiddling with his bracelet for quite some time now, at the mention of cupcakes being served, he lifts his head up and eagerly smiles. "Oh, I'll take one!"

He heads over to the tray to grab one, takes it, peels off the wrapper, and takes a bite. "Damn, this is great! Thanks a lot, dude," he states, wiping some of the frosting off of his lips with his free hand.

JesusMonroe wrote:
Cesar wrote:
"Wait, are we sure we must be so calm in a time like this? I rejected the invitation to this trip, yet we all find ourselves here..." He shook his head. "But if it's what the people want, then I guess I must go along with it."

"Go along with what now? Whaddya mean you rejected the invite? They force you to come or something?"

"Yes, I decided not to come to the cruise, but, just like all of us, I suddenly ended up here anyway. And I mean go along with..." He gestured to the others, specifically to Bren and Rinea. "... everything going on with this trip, while we figure out what to do."

Shy guy

Salem wrote:
"Thanks, hon!" Alex said, as she grabbed a cupcake from the tray Florian was carrying. She peeled off the wrapper and took a bite.

She then turned her attention to the UJTS conversation. "While it may be free, and potentially kidnapping, I hope this trip won't last too long. Some of us have jobs and families back home..." She seemed to stare off into space after finishing her sentence.

"I trust it will be short." Keri said, oddly confident in the assertion. "I mentioned, did I not, just how awful this airship is for the environment? Well, I explained as such in a formal letter to the UJTS. I'm sure they will see reason and postpone it when they realise what a terrible thing they might have done unawares. Until then, let us enjoy it to our heart's content!"

Cesar Zero wrote:
"Yes, I decided not to come to the cruise, but, just like all of us, I suddenly ended up here anyway. And I mean go along with..." He gestured to the others, specifically to Bren and Rinea. "... everything going on with this trip, while we figure out what to do."

"Then I would say the UJTS did you a favor. You seem like the type of guy who needs a vacation."
Bren's aimless strumming finally picks up a simple melody.
"Come on, lighten up a little. Just... Smile, y'know? Speaking frankly, you're bringing down the mood."

KamiPanda wrote:
"I trust it will be short." Keri said, oddly confident in the assertion. "I mentioned, did I not, just how awful this airship is for the environment? Well, I explained as such in a formal letter to the UJTS. I'm sure they will see reason and postpone it when they realise what a terrible thing they might have done unawares. Until then, let us enjoy it to our heart's content!"

"Smart thinkin'!" Jack slapped her on the back. "I'm sure they're cancelling this trip as we speak."

After thinking about that prospect for a while, Jack decides it's probably a good idea to take some of the amenities with him and begins stuffing his pockets with the food assortments available.

Circe quickly pulled out a notebook from her robes, scribbling on it rapidly while alternating glances between Irene and Florian. "A noble flower falls into the charms of poor but dedicated peasant, a classic yet gold...!"

Sock

Vinny_Valens wrote:
Circe quickly pulled out a notebook from her robes, scribbling on it rapidly while alternating glances between Irene and Florian. "A noble flower falls into the charms of poor but dedicated peasant, a classic yet gold...!"

Rinea begins jumping up and down in front of Circe as she writes. "Hey! HEY! What're you writing? Can I see? CAN I SEE??"
Page 2 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus