Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 6 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Prologue)Topic%20Title

"F-Fine!! You guys finish this list! Don't put your trust in a tested method!"

Koichi childishly threw the list on the ground, leaving it alone on the ground and going to pout in the corner.

V.A.L. wheeled over to Koichi and patted his shoulder gently. "Bzzt, do not worry, Man of Authority. I have comfort protocols, would you like me to initiate them?"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"F-Fine!! You guys finish this list! Don't put your trust in a tested method!"

Koichi childishly threw the list on the ground, leaving it alone on the ground and going to pout in the corner.

Content that he finally got a real reaction out of Koichi, Boetius began childishly laughing to himself. It was a rather strange sight considering the mask on his face continued unchanging and stoic.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Unfortunate. I suppose I shall maintain the list then."

Irene bends down and picks up the list, standing back up. She straightens the paper before asking, "Circe, if you could remind me what room you picked?"

Circe quickly jolted down the event between Koichi and Boetius. "So that guy is a sadist huh..."

"Oh!" The notebook almost fell from her hands at Irene's question but she rapidly grabbed it. "I-It was the one with refrigerators and stuff."

Equipped with Game

Mitzi looks off in the distance, completely disinterested in anything going on at that moment, until she looks over to the list Irene held and spoke up very suddenly, " I must have the cleanest room...and the cleanest room mate if I must share one....really. I won't be near any one with germs of any sort." She holds on tightly to the bar of her IV stand, looking distressed.

Jirou wrote:
Mitzi looks off in the distance, completely disinterested in anything going on at that moment, until she looks over to the list Irene held and spoke up very suddenly, " I must have the cleanest room...and the cleanest room mate if I must share one....really. I won't be near any one with germs of any sort." She holds on tightly to the bar of her IV stand, looking distressed.

"I would think all the rooms are clean. Is the ship room fine for you?"

Equipped with Game

She nods, "That would be fine. I can organize it to my liking once I see it....and uh, to whoever I room with liking too I guess...."

Jirou wrote:
She nods, "That would be fine. I can organize it to my liking once I see it....and uh, to whoever I room with liking too I guess...."

"Would you not enjoy sharing a room with..." Irene contemplates. "Rinea? It may make for a better pairing. It seems most of us do not mind who their roommate is, thus to speed up the process I will attempt a few pairings."

SiRReN wrote:
V.A.L. wheeled over to Koichi and patted his shoulder gently. "Bzzt, do not worry, Man of Authority. I have comfort protocols, would you like me to initiate them?"

"I-I am more than capable of maintaining my emotions..." Koichi coughed. "That said, now that I am not in charge of this list, it is time for me to choose my room! Perhaps I should take the indie room...or join someone in the sport room! There are so many choices!"

Equipped with Game

Datamatt wrote:
"Would you not enjoy sharing a room with..." Irene contemplates. "Rinea? It may make for a better pairing. It seems most of us do not mind who their roommate is, thus to speed up the process I will attempt a few pairings."

Mitzi nods slowly, "I trust people in the medical profession....if she's wanting to room with me I'm okay with that..."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
SiRReN wrote:

"I-I am more than capable of maintaining my emotions..." Koichi coughed. "That said, now that I am not in charge of this list, it is time for me to choose my room! Perhaps I should take the indie room...or join someone in the sport room! There are so many choices!"

Irene gently shakes her head, still wearing her token smile. "I am afraid it must be one room, Koichi. Please make your choice."

"Very well...allow me to claim the first spot in the Indie room."

[put something witty here]

"Ahem... If I might make an offer to someone?" Oscar suddenly speaks up. He points to Raul with an expectant look on his face.

"I know you claimed to be content with whichever one of us was leftover, but would you object to partnering up with me, captain? We need to figure this living quarter situation sooner than later, and so... well, I'm just reaching out. Your call, of course."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"Very well...allow me to claim the first spot in the Indie room."

"Very well," Irene says. "Rinea, are you fine with Mitzi?"

Castle Room: Irene & Florian
Ship Room:
Goth Room: 
Sport Room: Bryan
Japanese Room: 
Music Room: Oscar
Indie Room: Koichi
Cool Room With Fridge: Boetius & Circe
Room With Machine: Abby & VAL 

lcarus wrote:
"Ahem... If I might make an offer to someone?" Oscar suddenly speaks up. He points to Raul with an expectant look on his face.

"I know you claimed to be content with whichever one of us was leftover, but would you object to partnering up with me, captain? We need to figure this living quarter situation sooner than later, and so... well, I'm just reaching out. Your call, of course."

Raul looks surprised for a moment. "Well, it's true that we need to start figuring this out, and it's never too late to switch rooms if a problem arises with whoever is left over. So...yes, I'll accept your offer, Mr. Lewis. " Some of the others think they can notice him quickly sighing in relief.
Signature loading, please wait...

Irene quickly jots the new choices down.

[Castle Room: Irene & Florian
Ship Room:
Goth Room: 
Japanese Room: 
Music Room: Oscar & Raul
Room With Machine: Abby & VAL]

KamiPanda wrote:
"It will have to happen anyway." Keri pointed out to Koichi. "Due to the numbers there will be a minimum of one male/female pairing."

She then turned to smile at Urumi. "I do not snore and will be minimally invasive. If you are okay with that then we may share a room and aid in these proceedings. You can trust me, it will be like sharing a room with a dead person, you will not feel my presence."

"I mean..." Urumi scratched her cheek and turned her gaze aside. "I guess that's good to know, but I already said it was fine. You don't need to keep trying to sell me on it."

She walked over to Queen Irene and looked over the list. "...We'll take the Japanese room. It's kind of stereotypical, but it beats the alternatives."

Irene looks up at Urumi and nods.

Spoiler:
Ship Room:
Goth Room: 
Japanese Room: Urumi & Keri

Shy guy

"Then it is settled! I look forward to our future cohabitation." Keri said, quite pleased. "Yes, the Japanese room is fine with me. I will feel at peace surrounded by the plants."

Sock

After a good long while of humming in thought, Rinea speaks up. "I don't want to room with any mouthbreathing idiots. Or those who don't like cotton candy. But, my partner needs to be fun too. And I always have fun with the sick!" Rinea smiles innocently at Mitzi. "I'll room with you. I wanna know just what got you in the condition you're in..." Rinea giggles to herself as she skips to Mitzi's side.

Irene nods once again, gently writing down the new room mates.

Spoiler:
Ship Room: Mitzi & Rinea
Goth Room: 

"Sigh whatever, just count me as an in for the indie room. If James doesn't pick me then I'll probably get picked last so..."

"Very well, as you wish." Irene nods towards Jack, writing their name down.

Spoiler:
Ship Room: Mitzi & Rinea
Goth Room: 
Indie Room: Koichi & Jack

“Hey James! Want to room up with me?” Alex asks, quickly speaking up. “We can exchange stories from our lines of work! I bet it’ll be super fun! And I won’t have to room up with Jerry.”

fella

"Aaaalrighty!" Bryan exclaimed, clapping his hands together as he did so.

"Jerry, looks like you and me will be roommates in the sports room. Lookin' forward to it!"

"How exciting!" Koichi piped. "It appears as the rooms have been decided! While we did not follow the correct steps..."

Koichi shook his head. "Regardless, it appears I am rooming with Jack. I look forward to our new living situation!"

Happy Maria

James nodded. He had calmed down a little, though the look on his face had changed to one of annoyance. "I suppose I have no qualms about going with you", he told Alex. "The "Goth Room" doesn't exactly sound exciting, but I suppose there is little alternative now."

"Yeah, I guess I'm satisfied," Urumi agreed with a nod of her own. "I mean, it could have been a lot worse."

"The Goth room definitely isn't my first pick either..." Alex admitted. "Anyways, I'm just glad to have a roommate that I share something in common with! This will be so exciting!"

[wtf why did this double post]

ASCEND

After Jerry agreed to room with Bryan, the group briefly discussed the arrangements before a voice came over the intercom.

Click

“Good afternoon. Sky Vista Cruises hopes you are having a pleasant time. We have a very special presentation for you in the dining room in five minutes. Please wait anxiously… er sorry that should say excitedly, shouldn’t it? Anyway, please be excited for this wonderful presentation, which will be about the upcoming trip’s itinerary. Thank you.”

Click

Many of the passengers eye one another. The mistake in the announcement seemed to be a genuine accident, but it marked the first time the announcer had acknowledged something important: the fear which was coursing through everyone’s minds. It was a slip, but it was too perfectly timed to believe.

After a moment, the passengers begin to filter back into the dining area from throughout the ship, taking their seats at the tables. Many watch the door intently, waiting for someone to enter from the employee area. A few brave souls turn to each other and speak casually, spurning terror. A few clutch nervously at the bracelets on their wrists.

Suddenly, a hush falls over the room. A strange whirring noise was coming from somewhere on the mostly-silent cruiser. The whirring noise continues until it ends in a strange popping noise, like the lid of a canister being taken off. However, both doors remain firmly shut.

“Good afternoon, everyone! It is my esteemed pleasure to welcome you all to Sky Vista Cruises, your new home away from home!”

Suddenly, a cloud of smoke envelops the corner of the room, and a strange shadowy figure emerges from the floor slowly.

“Yo, is it just me…” Jack says, “Or does that kinda look like a huge… teddy bear…”

The smoke clears, revealing what looks like a strange robot. It seems to be a gray sphere with a large, pixelated blue eye, two handles coming out of the front, and a pilot’s hat on its head. The robot is perched on a small pedestal, which could potentially be made to look like a large teddy bear through a dense veil of smoke, if one squinted.

Feeling a few glances in his direction, Jack shrugs and mumbles, “Hmm. Guess not.”

“What in tarnation is that thing?” Alex asks.

“Whatever it is…” Raul shouts, “It better be prepared to explain what’s going on here!”

“Yes, yes, I know you all must be very excited, but before we begin the presentation, allow me to introduce myself!” The boisterous human voice, like that of an overeager airship pilot, sounds somewhat bizarre coming from the small, spherical robot. “My designation is ‘0-TT-0,’ which is obviously a quite bothersome mouthful, so you all may call me Otto! My task is to ensure that the journey we are about to embark on goes as smoothly as possible!”

With a low whirring noise, a small propellor emerges from underneath Otto’s pilot hat. It begins spinning rapidly, raising Otto into the air. He then starts flying slowly around the room, staring at the passengers with his single eye.

“My my my! We’ve got an interesting group here! I’m sure we’ll have a fun voyage together!”

“H- Huh?” Koichi is first to speak. “What the heck is that thing?”

“Like I said, I’m Otto! I’m one of a model of robots that comes with every Sky Vista Cruises ship! I’ve been given an A.I. that allows me to control many of this ship’s functions, but I also have many other features too.”

He hovers over to V.A.L. and looks at him. “So, I’m a lot like this fellow over here.” A panel opens in Otto’s exterior and a robotic hand emerges from it. Otto curls the hand into a fist and then bangs it on V.A.L.’s head a few times, emitting a loud metallic clang.

“Bzzt, ouch.” V.A.L. says, sounding unconcerned.

“But anyway, enough about myself,” Otto continues, “You see, this cruise is quite different from the kind we usually give. In fact, I don’t believe our company has run a single tour like this to date!”

“Oh, just get to the point!” James shouts, “What’s so special about this tour, other than the telephone operator’s lack of a work ethic?”

“Excellent question!” Otto chirps, “Excellent enough that I can ignore that passive aggressive jab, in fact! Now, our intern and telephone operator Kyle will provide some information about our journey!”

The room goes completely silent for an uncomfortably long period of time.

“I said…” Otto continues, “Our intern and telephone operator Kyle will provide some information about our journey!”

The room remains silent.

“Uhh…” Alex says, “Is somethin’ supposed to be happening?”

Suddenly, the intercom comes on.

Click

“Oh, that’s my cue? Sorry guys,” The intern’s voice finally comes through. He begins to loudly shuffle through what sounds like several pieces of paper. “Okay, so… Sky Vistas Cruises invites the eighteen of you to participate… in a new, exciting experience you’ll likely never forget… the Killing Game… Pause for dramatic effe- ah, crap.”

“Killing game?” Koichi says, “Wh- What’s the meaning of this?!”

“I’m glad you asked, sir/ma’am…” Kyle continues, not sounding particularly glad. “Allow me to explain the nature of the Killing Game... All the passengers will be trapped on this tour... but if they fail, the culprit escapes, and a random passenger is executed instead... Afterwards, the remaining passengers will conduct a trial and attempt to find the culprit... there is only one way they can leave... If they succeed, the culprit is executed... and that's by killing one of their fellow passengers... These are the rules of the killing game.”

Bryan raises an eyebrow at the intercom. “Uhh… Come again?”

“Oh, hmm…” Kyle continues, “I may have mixed up some of these cards... “

“Oh, darn it all!” Otto’s eye glows red for a second and his propeller spins rapidly. “What do I pay you for, anyway?”

“Uh, sir?” Kyle replies, “You don’t pay me…”

“Ah, forget it! I’ll finish the explanation! Just get back to your silent discos or whatever you do in there!”

The intercom clicks off without another word.

Click

Otto probably would have sighed at this point if he could breathe. “A- Anyway! Let’s not waste any more time. Some of you may have picked up the general idea from that intern’s botched explanation, but I’ll sum things up for the rest of you!”

Spoiler: The Killing Game
“The first step of our journey will begin when we land at our next destination. Once we’re there, we won’t be leaving for a little while. In order to resume our journey and have a chance of seeing your homes again, a passenger has to die!

“Calm down, everyone! You’ll have plenty of time to react once I’ve finished! …Anyway, once a passenger kills another, and the victim’s body is discovered, you’ll have time to conduct a quick investigation! You’d best use this time wisely too, because once it’s over, we’ll head back to the blimp to conduct a trial!

“During the trial, you’ll all discuss who you think the culprit is. Once two-thirds of the class have reached a consensus and voted, the trial will end. If the group votes correctly, the culprit will be given a punishment befitting their crime. But if they don’t, the culprit will disembark from the voyage, and a random innocent student will be punished in their stead. That’s all!”

Most of the group is having different reactions of varying intensity to the news, but Irene seems to still be fairly calm. Not wasting a moment, she asks, “Hold on… Once we reach our destination, what’s stopping us from simply walking away?”

“Why, those bracelets are, of course!” Otto explains, “You see, this blimp is constantly sending out signals that travel out in a 200 feet radius. If your bracelet detects that you’ve strayed from within this field, it’ll send a signal to the bomb we’ve planted in you! So be sure not to run off, because you won’t be running off in one piece!”

“Oh, and don’t even think about trying to cut your arm off or anything!” Otto adds in an uncharacteristically shrill voice. “I’ll have to punish you myself, which would absolutely ruin Sky Vista Cruises’ reputation!”

“Oh, really?” Koichi shouts, pulling out his gun and aiming it at the robot. “And what’s a tiny orb like you gonna do to us?!”

Otto’s eye glows for a few seconds, and then a laser beam blasts right out of his face. The bright blue beam knocks the gun out of Koichi’s hand and sends it clattering to the floor. The cadet clutches his lightly singed hand, tears forming in his eyes.

“Ah… I-I see!”

“W- Wait,” Florian says, looking pale. “What’s all this about b- bombs?”

“Huh? Oh, that’s nothing to worry yourselves about!” Otto emits a pre-recorded bout of jovial laughter. “We just surgically placed a small explosive in your bodies while you were unconscious earlier. That’s not usually part of our itinerary here, but ah well. This has been a pretty special trip so far, anyway. The point is, as long as you follow the rules, there’s no reason to worry about it!”

None of the passengers seem to be taking Otto’s advice to heart.

“…Wh-Why?” Abby asks, “Why a-a-all of this? Wh-Why us?”

Otto looks away dismissively. “Frankly, I haven’t the foggiest. You’d have to ask the boss about that.”

“Th-The boss?”

“Yeah, the one who rented out this blimp, made all the rules, drafted me and that intern to help out… As far as I know, they’re participating in the game too, but good luck smoking them out. Obviously, they’re not going to be particular forthcoming about the whole thing.”

“Wait, you’re saying the one who set up this twisted game,” Boetius casts suspicious glances at the rest of the cast, “…is one of us?”

“Yes, I suppose that’s what I’m saying,” Otto replies, looking somewhat annoyed. “Really, I don’t understand why you lot keep asking me these irrelevant questions. These minor details really aren’t worth fussing over.”

Once again, no one seems to be in agreement with the robot.

“Alright, that’s about it.” Otto says, “We’ve affixed the rules of this game on the wall in every room of this airship. Be sure to check those out when you get the chance. Farewell!” Otto zooms out of the room, leaving the disturbed passengers behind.

Spoiler: Rules
1. Passengers may not stray more than 200 feet away from the ship.
2. Throwing trash (greater than 10 grams) outside of the 200 foot boundary is prohibited.
3. With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore this place at your discretion.
4. Any passenger who kills a fellow passenger will “disembark”, unless they are discovered in the class trial.
5. When the dead body of a passenger is discovered by three people, it will be announced to all participants that a murder has occurred.
6. A class trial begins shortly after a body discovery. All living students must attend.
7. If the culprit is discovered, they alone will be executed.
8. If the culprit isn’t discovered, someone else will be executed.
9. No passenger may leave until the most recent class trial has been completed.
10. Violations of any rule will result in the transgressor’s bracelet detonating small bombs in their body, killing him or her horribly.
11. Additional rules may be added if necessary.
12. Any comments or questions should be directed to the Sky Vista Cruises help line.
13. If at any point, only three passengers remain alive, all remaining passengers will disembark from Sky Vista Cruises immediately.

(Chapter 1 will begin soon, though you have some time to do whatever until then. FTE rules will be outlined at that time too.)
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"C-Current logic is unstable!" Koichi stammered. "We are undoubtedly in a very dangerous situation..!"

Jack seemed deep in thought from all the new revelations. "K-Killing game?" He nervously rubbed his hands together. "Wait a second, my cat-sitter thinks I'll be home tomorrow! If nobody's there to watch him..."

fella

"T-This is just some elaborate prank, right? Okay, guys, very funny!" he loudly says, looking around the room, his usually tanned face looking pale, a look of fright and disdain on his face. "We're all really amused, but... oh, god, please don't be serious..."

All of the color seemed to drain from Alex's face after the speech was finished. "K-Killing game..? Bombs planted inside us...?" She muttered. "If this is true, then all we have to do is get the bombs out of us, and then we can go free, right? Should we just try to throw them up or somethin'?" She stared at the bracelet on her wrist, pondering what just happened.

Sock

Rinea shrugs. "I'll have to get that bomb out of me later..."

Then she turns to the crowd. "What's the problem? Just don't kill each other! Easy enough, right?"

Boetius slowly backs away from the rest of the group.

"Alright... It'll be fine. Nobody here is gonna murder anyone."

He takes his lute from his back and begins tuning it. He relaxes slightly as he does so.

"We'll all be fine. What kind of motive for murder is 'getting off a free air cruise'?" he chuckles nervously. "Ridiculous. Just a joke. The Doc is right, everyone. Nobody here is seriously considering killing someone, right?"

"Bzzt, killing is outside of my protocols," V.A.L. said neutrally. "I believe it would be in our best interests to remain calm and work together, bzzt."

Raul was breathing heavily after hearing Otto. "No way out...unless we kill someone?" He took a deep breath. "Ha! Like I'm going to obey something like that after all I've overcome...we are going to get out of here and show whoever did this they can't mess with us! Even if it turns out to be a joke! Isn't that right, guys?" He said, looking towards the others, hoping they would agree.
Signature loading, please wait...
Page 6 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus