Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 108 of 115[ 4572 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch5 Trial)Topic%20Title

"Bzzt, what do you mean?" V.A.L. asked Jack, pausing in it's efforts to open the cage. "Do you feel you deserve this fate, bzzt?"

"W-What are you doing, V.A.L...? Keep going! If there's anyone who can open the cage, it's you!"

Shy guy

"No! You cannot do this, Jack is not at fault here!" Keri cried, running out to stand in front of Jack's cage and somewhat-but-not-really in the way of the high-up cannon. "I planted the bombs, I disabled the controls right when they were needed, it was me!"

Jack looked completely pale towards VAL, not even looking at him.

"I lied to all of you...again." Jack added, as if he remembered something else. "There's really no point in keeping it secret now."

Spoiler: Jack's Memories
After leaving the bathroom, Jack went downstairs. There was a single door on the other side of the hallway, so Jack opened it and headed inside. He found himself in a fairly long hallway and walked to the end. Jack tried the door here, but it was locked.

Just before turning around, Jack looked up at the square window near the top of the door and flinched in surprise. A figure in a large brown suit was staring at him from the inside.

“Hey,” the voice said, “What are you doing here?” His voice sounded panicked, but strangely relieved. The face leaned closer to the glass pane in the suit, and Jack recognized it… Ortwin Young.

“Oh, I was just wandering around,” Jack replied, “What are you wearing that suit for? Is that some kinda cosplay?”

“No, this is a radiation suit,” Ortwin replied, grimly. “Like the announcement said, the reactor's having a meltdown. It’s dangerous down here without a suit of your own.”

“Ah, shit,” Jack mumbled, “I’ll get goin’ then.”

Jack turned to leave, but Ortwin called out. “W-Wait, hold on. The security protocols triggered a lockdown, and I’m trapped in here. If you type in my access code, it’ll open the door. So, can you get a radiation suit and let me out of here.”

It didn’t take Jack long to make his decision.

“Sorry, I can’t help ya’. Too risky for me to be down here.”

“…What?” Ortwin replied, “It won’t take long. You’ll live if you get a radiation suit. Please, just open the door.”

“Sorry, I’m not taking chances,” Jack said, “If I die, everyone dies with me. If the Earth's gonna keep turning, I’ve gotta keep living.”

“You’re not making sense,” Ortwin’s calm demeanor starts to slip as he slams his fist on the door. “For God’s sake, get me out of here!”

“It’s not like it really matters. This is all in my head.” Jack continued, “Let me guess, you represent my fears or something? My bad habits? I mean, a masked man behind a door… that’s gotta have all kinds of metaphysical ramifications.”

“Son, this isn’t a joke. If you leave me in here, I’ll die.”

“Oh, of course it isn’t a joke,” Jack pointed at Ortwin. “Y’know, I think I’m supposed to leave you behind. This must be a huge milestone for me. Overcoming some sort of obstacle… abandoning some vice… I dunno, I’m sure I’ll figure it out.”

Jack turned to leave again. He heard Ortwin bang on the door behind him. “G-Get back here! P-Please! I have a daughter!”

Jack wouldn’t fall for his tricks. He kept walking until he reached the end of the hallway. Ortwin shouted after him, banging on the door.

“Dear lord, what’s gotten into you. Please! Help me!”

“A-All I’m trying to do is save everyone! Wh-Why are you doing this?!”

“H-How can you call yourself a UJTS member… Y-You’re nothing but a goddamn psychopath!”

fella

"Q-Que...?" Bryan questioned, now heavily leaning against his podium, looking like he was ready to faint at any given moment, eyes wide open in shock. "Y-You left him to... to die, just like that...?"

Shy guy

"Wh..." Keri faltered, turning around to stare at Jack in disbelief. "You... r-really?"

V.A.L.'s arms fell to it's side, so shocked even it's antennae were covered in little lines of electricity as it tried to process what Jack had just reveal. It wheeled backwards slowly, staring at the Ultimate.

"You...bzzt...you left him...?"

A bead of sweat trickled down Koichi's face.

"...J-Jack...you...you seriously felt this way for this long..? The world isn't yours!"

He shook his head and turned to the others. "Forget it! You'll explain yourself after we free you!"

Jack just awkwardly rubbed his arm. "I'm so sorry, VAL. I didn't think he was...important."

Urumi had run up looking like she was ready to tackle Keri out of the way of the gun when she skidded to a halt upon hearing Jack's confession. She just stared at him slackjawed, seemingly at a loss for words.

At Jack's words V.A.L. froze. It began to short circuit slightly, overwhelmed and stressed. Finally, the robot shut down, it's lights turning off and it's body leaning loosely forward.

Koichi's rushed over to V.A.L. by the cage, attempting to carry her away.

fella

Bryan, despite being utterly floored, joined Koichi in his efforts, doing his best to get V.A.L. away from the cage with him.

[put something witty here]

"No, that's not right at all, y-you must be mistaken!" Oscar insists profusely, stepping just a bit closer to Jack's cage without even a glance VAL's way. "This is a joke, yes? Y-you're just remembering this incorrectly, like that time at the water park, you didn't actually do this. Surely not..."

"The water park huh..." Jack swallowed painfully. "I lied then too...back when I ‘killed’ Mitzi. I said it was self-defense just so you guys wouldn’t vote for me.”

He didn’t look at anyone in the eyes as he said that, or as he continued. “I ‘killed’ her because she said I was worthless, that I wasted my life. And I knew she was right.”

Koichi leaned against the cage, making deep breaths.

"...T-That's not true, Jack...it's not..."

With their combined efforts, Bryan and Koichi strenuously get V.A.L. away from the cage.

The sound of the whirring cannon grows louder. It seems as though the final moments are fast approaching.

"Will you just shut up already, you damn idiot?!" Urumi kicked the cage bar as hard as she could. "Quit feeling sorry for yourself for a minute and help us figure a way out of this! And the rest of you help too! Someone see if they can get V.A.L. going again!"

"C-Can we move the cannon somehow..? We have to try!"

Shy guy

Trying a new approach (and apparently deciding that standing in front of the cannon was no longer such a great idea) Keri ran over to Otto and shook him, trying to elicit a response. "You cannot kill him! Do you not want to solve poor Kyle's murder? Jack has testimony none else can account for, we need him!"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"C-Can we move the cannon somehow..? We have to try!"

"U-um..." Urumi stammered. "It's pretty high up... I-If I got a lift up there, I could try pushing it in another direction maybe?"

"I know you guys don't wanna die, but I really don't think anything can be done about the cannon." Jack resigned. "It wouldn't make sense for it to be here otherwise."

"Will you stop it with that?!" Koichi snapped. "We are not figments of your mind!"

ASCEND

KamiPanda wrote:
Trying a new approach (and apparently deciding that standing in front of the cannon was no longer such a great idea) Keri ran over to Otto and shook him, trying to elicit a response. "You cannot kill him! Do you not want to solve poor Kyle's murder? Jack has testimony none else can account for, we need him!"

Otto does not respond. Other than the faint red light blinking on his head, no light is emanating from his chassis. Perhaps he is incapable of responding.
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

[put something witty here]

"J-just ignore him, we'll figure this out soon enough!" Oscar shouts very uncertainly. "But... What can we even do? Throw Urumi at the cannon and hope she can move the thing? That's a good twenty feet you have to clear!"

"G-Get on my shoulders..?"

fella

Bryan frantically looking around the room, searching for anything to try and climb on and possibly reach the cannon before internally saying "screw it" and attempting to clamber up the wall.

Last edited by Collin1002 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Briefly everyone tries to cooperate to reach the cannon, but each attempt seems more pathetic and ever-further off. Urumi crashes to the ground more than once, Bryan takes a violent tumble, and everyone is collectively worse for wear.

"C-C'mon...d-don't give up..."

"Koichi, that's enough." Jack said, looking like he was about to cry. "I-I need you to hear something."

"...W-What is it?"

"Oww..." Urumi whimpered as she tenderly rubbed a bruise on her arm. "O-Okay, so maybe we should try the cage again?" She turned to Keri. "Did you figure anything out with that piece of junk?"

fella

Bryan stood up with a groan of pain, the tumble having hury quite a bit. He pounds on his podium again, biting his bottom lip so forcefully that some blood trickles out. "Dammit... Dammit!"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...W-What is it?"

You’re real. I’m not sure of everyone else, or what'll happen to them when I die. But...I'd be the world's biggest asshole without telling you that much."

Shy guy

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Oww..." Urumi whimpered as she tenderly rubbed a bruise on her arm. "O-Okay, so maybe we should try the cage again?" She turned to Keri. "Did you figure anything out with that piece of junk?"

"Nothing yet..." Keri replied anxiously, before abruptly standing up and raising Otto above her head. "So how about this: if this doesn't end, I will break Otto! I am warning you!" Unsure of who to actually address, she yelled this at the cannon itself.

JesusMonroe wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...W-What is it?"

You’re real. I’m not sure of everyone else, or what'll happen to them when I die. But...I'd be the world's biggest asshole without telling you that much."

Koichi stared at Jack at the cage, shocked and scared. He walked up to the cage, smiling and even crying a bit.

"S-Sorry, Jack...I think this was my fault...in the end, there's no one I could protect. And thinking back, I don't even know if I tried...and now look at you...you don't deserve this..."

KamiPanda wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

"Nothing yet..." Keri replied anxiously, before abruptly standing up and raising Otto above her head. "So how about this: if this doesn't end, I will break Otto! I am warning you!" Unsure of who to actually address, she yelled this at the cannon itself.

"W-Whoa, wait!" Urumi paled and reached for Keri's arm. "What about the rules? I mean, I don't know who would enforce them, but..."

She bit her lip anxiously. "W-What about asking V.A.L.? Maybe it can, I don't know, boot him back up o-or something?"

CaptainPancakes wrote:
JesusMonroe wrote:
CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...W-What is it?"

Koichi stared at Jack at the cage, shocked and scared. He walked up to the cage, smiling and even crying a bit.

"S-Sorry, Jack...I think this was my fault...in the end, there's no one I could protect. And thinking back, I don't even know if I tried...and now look at you...you don't deserve this..."

"Don't worry about it, dude. I didn't need you to be a soldier, you were my friend. My first real one. That's way more special." Jack said as composed as normal, but tears were streaming down his face.

"As for deserving this, I don't know. Not like I really lived my life anyway. Just spent my best years smoking motherfucking, cocksucking bud." He then glanced towards Oscar. "Not to say there weren't special times with it too. Just maybe smoking in moderation was the better move."

"...You were my first friend too," Koichi smiled. "I know what a true comrade feels like now..."

He took a deep breath, and began backing away from the cage. "You are worth more to me than you could imagine...but I betrayed that...b-but, just know, you always meant something."

"You didn't betray shit." Jack assured. "Trying to protect people in a killing game is impossible, and all this happened so long ago anyway. You were doing the right thing."

He then turned to someone else. "And Urumi, I didn't forget you either. You were really sweet, and you and Keri always carried the rest of us idiots through these trials. We wouldn't have gotten this far without either of you."
Page 108 of 115 [ 4572 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus