Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4 Post-Game ThreadTopic%20Title

When we fighting

I brought my nunchucks

fella

wow igniter i said a single sentence about that k we aren't friends anymore smh

I mean, yeah. The "evil" behind the meltdown was supposed to be the complete lack of consideration that Jack gave to other people, seeing them all as extras in his personal story. In the writing of the mystery, due to not clearing the twist with JM ahead of time and keeping stuff a secret from him, the mystery didn't end as well as it could have. I would suggest to future GMs that you tailor your meta-mystery to your players, working with them the whole time, from the ground up, giving them whatever they need to perform their role well, even if they might know a couple of spoilers. We wound up having trouble trying to retrofit the story to Jack/Abby/Koichi.

Yeah for future games in the case of a twist like this I don't think it's a bad idea to let the players in on some things that the characters aren't if it makes things easier. Itd be like in 1-4 telling Franzise "Sayako is the killer this chapter but she doesn't know."

Also I wonder if people would've felt better about the twist if Keri bombed just enough to give a scare. Then Jack like destroyed the ventilation system to hotbox the bathroom and because of that the emergency cooling protocols couldn't be activated to yadayadya.

It would have helped a bit, I think. It was mainly not being able to connect bathroom incident to the entire nuclear meltdown. idk like at the Dave and Busters I went to today there were shards of nasty toilet paper anywhere, so it didn't really have to be Jack's blunt, what if it was someone's poopy paper? But I always imagine public bathrooms as being sort of disgusting. That's why I don't like to use them.

what were we talking about

I dunno something about a dank roomba

Sock

I'm kinda curious, what did all the survivors put down for their ideal fate or whatever? Like chapter 4 killer, or chapter 2 victim, and so on.

fella

I put mine down as "hey i want him to survive he's a good boy"

creative, i know

ASCEND

None of the survivors put anything before Ch3 lol

It was mostly just like late game victim or killer roles
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Kachu wrote:
I'm kinda curious, what did all the survivors put down for their ideal fate or whatever? Like chapter 4 killer, or chapter 2 victim, and so on.

i just put down "mastermind"

Yeah Collin roasted us by telling us he just wanted to survive. But when he did the survey, Bryan was a victim.

Urumi had no preference, Koichi was a victim, V.A.L. was a killer, Oscar was a killer, and Keri was a victim.

I'm in the same boat as some of the others in that, while I didn't mind the meltdown being an accident, the way in which it actually happened just made it really hard to take seriously.

But despite that and a couple other complaints I had, I really did have an amazing time with this; I feel like overall this was the best F game yet. Thanks a lot, PB and Nanjo, for running it, and for giving Urumi some really fun scenes to work with.

A bit thanks to everyone who played, too. Inactivity seemed lower than it was in the last couple games and the cast in general was really good. I really enjoyed playing off everyone I did, and for anyone I didn't interact with much, it's probably safe to assume I'd wanted to more but just didn't get the chance.

Special thanks to Panda, of course~ although Keri's sweetness DID thwart my plan to finally sign up as a killer, had an execution thought up and everything grumble grumble

fella

the power of love triumphs

so when's the wedding and am i invited

Quote:
Special thanks to Panda, of course~ although Keri's sweetness DID thwart my plan to finally sign up as a killer, had an execution thought up and everything grumble grumble

breaking the rule of zero living DR ships smh

@JM

Florian dying during Chapter 3 was actually planned before the game started so it's not like I dropped out last minute because I didn't want to play anymore.

I think it's a bit strange for you to add your critique to my conversations with the GMs when you don't really know what exactly happened, but I guess your other complaints about Florian are justified.

What I meant by an ambitious concept wasn't a hidden talent, but the whole talent switching mechanic. Also, I'm not frustrated just because I didn't get my way or whatever, I was more irritated that the GMs just didn't seem to care or bother. The usual response to a question was something along the lines of "whoops idk lol".

I feel like it's kind of easy for you to butt in and say that my complaints are unnecessary and unearned when you didn't really go through the same experience as I did and have a fairly skewed perspective.

Happy Maria

From what I can tell honestly it might have been GM stress for the most part. Reading through QTs and the Discord log, I can easily tell that this game seriously stressed out PB and by the time chapter 2/3 rolled by, he was definitely starting to get frustrated. Obviously I can't speak for him but that may have affected his attitude and such. Heck, just reading this thread it's easy to see how tired he is of this whole thing, even though it ended being fine on its own. That's just the toll it takes, I suppose.

It's as the saying goes, 'the stress talking'. Even if they didn't appear to care or bother, I guarantee they did very much. It's difficult to really convey in words how stressful running one of these is, heck if I were to do one again, I'd need a bottle of hair dye and sleeping pills. It's the only time I've ever gotten gray hairs from pure stress (barring a few exam times) and also had my sleep time cut in half. JM is a madman for doing it twice. That, and they have 17 other players to tend to beside yourself. It's difficult trying to balance everyone's needs at once, yet alone putting on a smile and acting friendly while doing so.

ASCEND

Okay I really didn't want to get into a discussion about this, but fine, whatever. I'd just like to preface this and say I'm not speaking for Nanjo, as you can imagine.

Obviously, SC and Lone are right, but it wasn't even just that. Most of your complaints came off to me as really passive-aggressive and nit-picky, so if it ever seemed I was ignoring you it was because I knew that no matter what I said you would make some snide, one-word remark about how we were ruining the entire game with our terrible GMing strategies. I never saw any indication that you understood how difficult this was for us, unlike basically everyone else.

But I thought by like chapter 3 we had settled that privately, and I really don't understand why it's being brought up now for literally everyone to see. Heck, I just checked the actual DM and saw like one instance (in which I'm fairly certain you sent your initial message while I was downtown with my mom) that could be interpreted as this, which was immediately resolved respectfully, so I'm at a total loss as to why this discussion is even happening. Even if there were more instances than that, we had a civil discussion about this same topic in private, and it never happened again. At the time, I really thought we were good.

I guess the fact of the matter is, sure JM doesn't know how much we cared, but I don't think you do either. No matter how active you were, no matter how disrespectful you seemed, we tried our hardest to make Florian's twist work. We used Koichi to subtly introduce the thefts; we used Oscar to have a character who was affected in a big way by the loss of his talent; we weren't always completely specific because we wanted to let other people interpret the loss of their talents in interesting ways like James did, so that people other than Florian could have some fun with this; we let Florian murder someone exactly like you wanted; we let him use a stolen talent for it exactly like you wanted; and finally we put the journal into the post-trial. But it was never good enough. And in the end, did any of these complaints affect anyone's opinion of Florian? I really doubt it.

I don't even think having an "ambitious" idea like this was bad. I was very excited about Florian before the game started. I don't think it was a flawed idea. What was flawed was your attitude. I can't speak for them, but I'm sure that many other people here like JM or Panda, most of which were more active than you, could suffer these kind of things and barely make a huge deal about it, or at least complain in a more respectful and understanding way. The blunt thing practically ruined Koichi's motivations, and Pancakez was just like "lol whatever" and moved on despite it, and he gets all my respect for that. But you dragged all this shit up in the post-game thread when we had already discussed it privately, when I doubt most people particularly wanted to see it. Sure, Florian wasn't handled perfectly, but it wasn't the end of the world. Just let it go.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Yeah, I guess it's true that I should have been a bit more patient, since GMing does take a lot of time and effort. I guess I was just tired of the same pattern of behavior I was seeing in the DMs during the talent thefts and felt like they didn't care when they actually might have just really busy or something. This is another good reason as to why smaller casts are better, as 18 passengers really pushed it and felt pretty chaotic.

[I was just about to post this but pb posted before me so I'm just going to quickly respond to that]

I never intended to seem rude in the DMs, it just felt like every new chapter it was "okay we figured out what went wrong, the next time will be better!!" and then when the next time came around it was just kind of *shrugs*. What made it more frustrating was that even after we settled it in the DMs, Chapter 3 happened and it was even messier than the previous two chapters despite being the most important (in our case), and it felt like you guys prioritized everything else (Irene's story, monster stuff) over the stuff we discussed together despite our long conversation where we tried to sort things out. My remarks that you interpreted as snark only came after your constant dismissive tone in our DMs, so it's not fair to blame it on my attitude. I am willing to let this go however, as what's done is done and it's not like we can go back and change it.

The idea behind saying whoops idk lol or whatever is just like to make conversation rather easy-going. I had made a mistake, and. I felt like we could still do stuff to fix it or close the plot hole or whatever so I wasn't too scared. I am sorry and didn't mean to be curt or dismissive.

Also I'll say that I didn't really mind F's activity level. I felt like Florian kind if worked as a character with lower visibility.

Also complain about us giving Irene character development in her last chapter? I feel like that should be understandable. Like obviously the monster stuff I can understand since the monster wound up taking more time and energy for people to understand than we wanted it to (and some people never understood it) and for that we're sorry, but like Irene's story helped build up to her sociopathy and vengeful heart, which was really important.

If that was the intention with those kinds of messages then I apologize for misinterpreting them.

I was talking more about the whole "Guess who this story is talking about" trial element which ended up being too much of a distraction. I feel like Irene should have revealed the story after she was caught, not during the trial, as it would have made more sense too.

@TLF I wasn't guessing the conversations, more just saying my interpretation of stuff as the game went on. And as someone who has GM'd, I know what it's like to seem dismissive when really you're just not trying to worry about the minor details that didn't completely work and keep the game chugging along.

And as a sidenote I liked the way the Irene thing was handled as is. Meta-wise, I was thinking that Irene was gonna have to have some role in the story soon so the book suddenly giving her something relevant kind of removed her as a suspect in my mind.

Quote:
I was talking more about the whole "Guess who this story is talking about" trial element which ended up being too much of a distraction. I feel like Irene should have revealed the story after she was caught, not during the trial, as it would have made more sense too. 

It's really hard to tell how much time a part of a trial can take. That entire trial was really hard and if it was any other trial we probably could have digested the everything better tbh

FWIW, besides what JM mentioned about suspecting Irene, I liked that the story was revealed during the trial so her being a lunatic didn't come completely out of left field

"Yeah I killed Rinea oh and also I killed my parents to ascend to the throne" would have felt tacked on

I do feel kind of bad for causing drama in this thread though, I wasn't really in a pleasant mood at the time and I took it out on here which wasn't fair or responsible of me. I know that GMing is tough and I shouldn't try to discount the effort put into it, so I apologize if I added any more unwanted stress.

ASCEND

It's fine. At the very least, I think it's fair to take issues with how parts of it were handled, especially Oscar's thing. Though we truly did try, and thankfully I don't think it caused any huge issues in the end.

Sock

anyone wanna get some pizza

fella

ok since PB demanded on discord for someone to post I'm gonna say this: PB is a dum

and yeah I'll take some pizza
what kind

Sock

not pineapple

pineapple pizza is an abomination. ban pineapples from major pizza chains. save the children.

fella

that's good enough pizza for me

you know what I changed my mind you guys have bad taste in pizza and failed to revive the dog, -4/10 game tbh
Signature loading, please wait...

dont let the pizza oven hit you on the way out, you pinappliacian

fella

i miss José/Clyde/Roger so much

whoa throwing the pizza slurs? I see how it is.

Dangaronpa F5: Pineapple vs Margherita starts tomorrow. If you sign up for the margherita side you die instantly.

Last edited by Cesar Zero on Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

fella

*signs up for margherita side*

worth it

Everyone enters the kitchen. As they try not to gag from the sight of a bunch of Margherita pizza slices, they follow the trail to the oven. Before opening, they already know what they will find: a really lame charred body.

Collin, the Ultimate Bad Taste, had died (instantly).

fella

ow that hurt

fella

I'll all seriousness, I'm wondering--who were some of everyone's favorites, and why? This question is directed at everyone, including the GMs.

I loved Keri. She had a really cool character, and I found her backstory interesting. Her talent was quite neat as well.
Koichi was really entertaining. He was funny, and just had a good character. Not to mention our FTE was extremely fun.
James was... well, James. Really love to hate kind of guy.
V.A.L. was really sweet, and our FTE was adorable, in my opinion.
Despite not making it to chapter 3, Bren was awesome. I'm quite sad that I didn't get to FTE him. Fun fact: I was going to, but Doot already had three FTEs going at the time, so I decided to wait until next chapter, that chapter being 3. Little did I know...
Oh and Jerry is god incarnate too and if you disagree well ur wrong

Anyway, those are just a few characters I liked. I liked just about the whole cast, really.

Happy Maria

Well I've already listed my favourites. Don't see any changes I'd like to make. I probably am not one for least favourite character rankings because that would make me feel like a jerk.
Page 3 of 4 [ 153 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus