Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 18 of 48[ 1897 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 48  Next

Re: NG7: The Nullification Game (Timeline A1)Topic%20Title

Happy Maria

"...Ah, hell. Gimme a sec, Ghost." Albert suddenly gets up. "T-they seem to be taking their time...maybe I should check if they're fine..." He goes over to see how Emma and Adriana are.

Or he would’ve...the Game Room door seems to be locked from the other side.

Happy Maria

"H-huh? What the shit?! Why did they lock us out?!" Albert bangs on the door, trying to break it open.

Shy guy

"B-better put, they locked us in?" Ghost cried, rushing to their feet. "C-can we get out? Are we stuck in here?"

Happy Maria

"T-this is bad", Albert observes. "I-if we're stuck here, then we won't be able to get out of this dump...and we'll all fucking perish! ...Wait a second." His eyes widen. "...D-didn't Adriana suggest to use the vaccines partially in the first place...? Then...her plan was..." His face pales as he suddenly decides to take a seat. "T-this can't be happening...no way in hell..."

ASCEND

"N-No... There's no way Adriana would pull something like this..." Helios said, looking nervous despite himself. "I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

Ghost began to pace about in agitation. "Anything could be happening out there... someone locked us up for a reason. Wh-what if something bad's happening? We should stop it! If something terrible is happening, we can't waste any more time here. Yes, we should stop it, we've no other choice..." they muttered, mostly to themselves.

Reaching a decision, Ghost bent over and pulled a key out of their boot, before marching over to the locked armoury and opening it. "We can bust the door down with these!" they declared, going inside to pick out one of the guns at random.

[The armory has just about any weapon imaginable fwiw. We’ll say the ceiling on weapons would be like a rocket launcher]

"Adriana! Dammit!" Midge screams at the door. "Get the hell over here so we can talk this out!"

"We don't have time for this. I knew I smelled something."

She sees Ghost pull out the key and gives them a funny look. "Whatever, yeah let's just do it."

Happy Maria

"W-what the fuck?! You had the key all along? W-why didn't you tell me, Ghost? I-I thought we were friends..." Sighing, Albert goes to the room and picks out a small pistol from there.

Shy guy

"Guns are bad. I thought the situation would only get worse if we got armed, or even if I armed just myself," Ghost answered, picking out a shotgun to better handle the door. "But now we don't really have any alternatives, I think."

Ghost fired at the door, aiming to hit the lock on the other side. Unfortunately it seemed to be TOUGH, the group would probably need something stronger.

Shy guy

"Oh dear... d-do we need something explosive? I really didn't want to escalate this even further," Ghost said quietly.

"Who cares, it's our lives at stake. We're in a bunker anyway, I don't think we're going to hit like a load-bearing beam or something. Come on, let's get a breaching charge."

Midge returns with the explosives, and directs everyone where to stand.

"Stand clear on the other side! We're using explosive force! Ready?"

"We should make a barricade first." Helios decided. "Or I suppose we could all hide in the armory, but I'm not sure how well the glass will hold." With that, he tipped over one of the arcade machines.

"I'll help you move it." Teddy nodded.

"Wait a second." Helios' eyes were fixated on the ground. Beneath the machine was a trapdoor.

"...well, it's better than blowing things up? Right?" Violet asked.

"Yeah, let's check it out."

The group quickly filed into the trapdoor, descending a ladder.

“What...is this place?” Ghost asked. It was a sterile room with shelves of technology lined up like aisles in a grocery store. Some computers were in front of each one, and the room itself felt somewhat chilly.

“It looks like a server room.” Albert assumed. “I have no idea why the fuck it’s here, your guess is as good as mine.”

"Server?" Bradley asked.

"Yeah. Like computers and stuff. Whatever, I don't have time to explain."

Bradley frowned. "Well, we should be near the foyer anyway, right? We went down a ladder and walked in the direction towards it..."

"You're right." Teddy frowned. "We should be near it, but I didn't see any doors to this room while we were out there."

"Well, maybe there's a door in here." Midge pointed a thumb at the wall. "Let's just check the walls."

The group was suddenly cut off.

"ATTENTION, CONTESTANTS." Null was louder than usual. "THE NUMBER NINE DOOR HAS BEEN OPENED. IT WILL REMAIN OPEN FOR NINE SECONDS."

Gettin' Old!

Bradley frowned clearly perplexed about all that was going on "The door Opened? I didn't think we could open that at all. Maybe Miss Adriana is Null?" He suggested.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Shy guy

"N-no, missing the point!" Ghost cried in panic, glancing back at the ladder. "9 seconds... we'll never make it in time. Don't we only get one shot at that?"

hi

"What the heck?! Why'd they open the door of we aren't there?!" Violet shouted. She ran to the walls, searching for any possible way out.

"No, not like this! Not again!!"

Midge dashes across the room frantically, looking for another way out, her eyes racing across the walls. Her mind refuses to give up.

"It can't seriously end like this?!"

ASCEND

"G-Goddamnit! Who did that?!" Embroiled in a horrified rage, Helios violently shoved one of the computers onto the floor.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"Ah!" Violet shouted, shortly after Null's announcement. "I found a door!"

"Let's get the fuck out of here!" Albert yelled.

The group all ran throuhg the door with the kids leading the way. After a short hallway, the group found themselves back in the foyer. It seemed the door was hidden by a wall.

Immediately their eyes traced to the 9 Door. It was open, and just as they entered it started to begin a slow descent downwards.

Adriana was in front of it, a horrible wound on her stomach. A trowel was sticking out of it, blood spurting near it like a socket. Red was staining her business suit, and she seemed barely alive--twitching like a fish out of water. Emma was standing above her, blood spatter on her clothes. She was holding a hand behind her back.

"Ghost...you can leave." She sounded cold. "Everybody else has to stay."

1000% Knight

"Like hell I'm staying!" Teddy shouted. He kept us his sprint, but made sure not to take his eye off of Emma's hidden hand.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

ASCEND

Helios had stopped in his tracks and stared at Adriana in horror, but upon coming to his senses he followed Teddy's lead.

Shy guy

Ghost froze for a moment, but then ran forwards with the others, heading for the door. "Only one chance, right? I-I'll get help! People to come here!" they shouted, scrambling to get through the closing door. "Everyone else, try to... just... stay alive?" they then said weakly, crouching behind the steadily lowering door to watch whatever was still happening inside.

"Come on, Emma. Let's get out of here. We shouldn't be waiting around! Let's get everyone out of here!"

Midge has a blank expression on her face, like she's barely even processed what's happening. She doesn't even look at the body as she sprints towards the door.

hi

Violet stood still, eyes frozen on Adrianna's body. "What...why...why would you..." Her eyes trailed up, noticing Teddy and Helios still running, and quickly followed, albeit taking a detour safely away from Emma and the body.

A loud hissing noise could be heard. Everybody had been running for the door, but most suddenly stopped in their tracks, coughing. Ghost was unaffected.

Teddy, Helios, and Albert kept up their pursuit. Teddy scrambled for something in his waistband but Emma sprayed again, causing them to fall over in pain. Albert got the worst of it by far, falling to his knees with his hands covering his eyes. So much pepper spray was in the air that even Emma was having trouble adjusting her vision.

...and then the door closed, with Ghost on the other side.

"THE NUMBER NINE DOOR HAS BEEN CLOSED. THIS CONCLUDES THE NULLIFICATION GAME. THANK YOU ALL FOR PLAYING."

Shy guy

Just barely, Ghost's voice could be heard from the other side of the door as they shouted to be heard. "I'll bring help!" they said, not quite aware of what had just happened to the others. "S-someone look out for Adriana, put pressure on her wound! I'm gonna be as quick as I can!"

And with that, silence. Ghost had ran off, without waiting for any reply.

Midge coughs violently and rubs her face. "Dammit, what's going on?! Why shouldn't we leave? I thought we were all good!"

"Wait... Ghost is the only one of us in a suit... Do we have like a virus or something? I thought we discussed that."

Suddenly, Midge stares in horror at Adriana. Her lip quivers.

"Huh?"

ASCEND

"N-No... NO!" Helios shouted in the midst of a coughing fit. He lifted himself slightly off the ground and scampered awkwardly across the room, coughing violently. Upon finally reaching the other side, he banged on it futilely with both hands.

"No! What have you done?! We're all stuck here now, and we're all gonna die, and...A-Adriana..." Helios seemed on the verge of tears. "You monster!"

1000% Knight

"What the fuck, you bitch?!" Teddy howled between coughs. He finally managed to pull out his gun, and aimed at Emma as best as he could with the pepper spray.

"Wait, wait! Emma has a good explanation for this! We probably have something super virulent that we can't let escape this place, right Emma? That's why she'd let Ghost go and not the rest of us!"

Midge's eyes shake as she tries to keep them open.

"And yeah, seems like Adriana got hurt somehow!"

Emma didn't try fighting Teddy now that the door was closed, opting to simply raise her hands instead.

"Please don't do anything you might regret." Emma said, her voice still eerily cold. "This...this was the only choice I had. You all decided to put your own survival above everyone else's safety, and I had to act."
Signature loading, please wait...

1000% Knight

"...You're right," Teddy growled. He didn't pull the trigger, but it seemed he had been able to steady his aim on Emma now. "I would regret sparing you from the Blight, after what you just fucking did."

Gettin' Old!

Bradley had nothing to say. It looked like bloodshed was about to start all over again. The gun, the trowel, Adriana lying dead on the floor. Not wanting to see what happened next, Bradley turned and headed back the way.they'd came to find a quiet place to die.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"Yeah, of course, I figured. Then what's next? What's the plan?"

Midge earnestly nods to Emma.

"Come on we've still got some hours, maybe we should see if we can find more vaccines or something, right? Maybe there's experimental treatment we could try, right?"

Helios took off his jacket, trying to put some pressure on Adriana's wound as instructed. She seemed barely aware of her surroundings, and had already lost so much blood. Still, he tried.

She let out one last desperate wheeze before her breathing stopped completely. She was gone.

"Also, could we maybe talk about what happened to Adriana? I just feel like we need to clear the air a little because someone dying is a really big deal, especially in such a desperate situation for all of us. I assume she probably was violent or something, but could you maybe explain what happened, Emma?"

Midge smiles weakly, blood in her teeth.

"What I did? You're not thinking rationally." Emma said, her voice unchanging. "How many people would have we doomed by getting out of here? I couldn't have taken such a big gamble...my duty has always been to prevent something like that. Even if I had to sacrifice my life." She pointedly stared at the gun as she said this.

"As for Adriana..." She looked towards the corpse. "She tried to prevent me from opening the door without the rest of you here. And just like all of us, she would have died if she got out anyway. She...probably suffered less like this."
Signature loading, please wait...

1000% Knight

Now that it was obvious Emma wasn't an immediate threat, Teddy weakly let the gun drop down to his side.
Page 18 of 48 [ 1897 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 48  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus