Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 17 of 18[ 695 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Re: Black Fable: The Town of Moonview (Fourth Blood Moon)Topic%20Title

"Well, apparently ya did," Amory sighed from the corner. "Our bloodline...runs deeper than you could ever imagine."

The townspeople prepare Pétur's execution in the same manner as Howard's, forcibly placing the old man on a stool underneath the willow tree, a noose firmly tied around his neck.

Pétur stares down the small mob of townspeople before closing his eyes as the stool underneath him is kicked away. He then flails around and kicks his feet while helplessly dangling around in the air.

The townspeople once again watch their target suffer and struggle, before the torment finally ends and Pétur's ancient body hangs solemnly from the willow branch.

The trial finally over and the sky darkening, the townspeople eventually retire to their homes, anticipating to find Pétur's name in the black tome the next day.

Just as they had expected, a new page had been turned in the book the next morning.

Spoiler: Trial results
Pétur Riolo, the Great Witch, was executed by the town.

5 Town and 1 Coven remain.

Amory stood by Petur's house, unmoving. He was the only one left.

"...See you in hell, you old fart," Amory said, waiting for the rest of the town to rise from their slumber.

"Well, looks like that's it." Cooper said as he stared at the body. "At worst... only one of us is going to die this next night."

He turned to Xander. "I don't have any bullets left, so it's not worth protecting me again. Thanks for the help, but I have nothing more to ask of you. Your job is to do what you think the best decision is."

He looked at everyone else except Amory, particularly Esther. "That goes for the rest of you."

He then took off his hat and did a slight nod to them. "This could be goodbye so... it was an honor to have this hunt with y'all."

fella

"It's nearly over. At long last..." Xander murmered as he looked up at the sky, brushing his bangs out of his face. "Mayor Timm, Jonas, Jason, Avis... I am sorry I was unable to protect you. And I am sorry for what happened to you, Howard. None of you deserved such a cruel fate."

He looked down and nodded at Cooper, giving him a slight smile. "Very well. I will do just that." He then turned to Amory, his expression changing to one of slight nervousness. "Er, by chance, do you plan on... on killing any more of us? I surely hope not..."

"I mean...you're gonna kill me, right?"

Esther nodded to Cooper. "Remember that I asked you not to die. I expect you to keep your word." She managed an exhausted smile. "You are out of bullets. A sensible enemy would choose a more threatening target. You will survive tonight. I believe that."

She looked into the distance. "I'm going to pay my respects to the deceased," she said, and walked toward the burial site.

"Ooh Esther is just so sweet!"

"Well, I think I'm good for today. See you all tomorrow! Pleasant dreams! We'll be fine for sure!"

Forsythia waves exaggeratedly and turns to leave.

As she does so though, she quickly spins back, her dress fluttering about her knees.

"Oh goodness! Who am I kidding! I'm glad to have met all of you! I'll be thinking about you all tonight! I would be very distraught if anybody was hurt!"

Esther looked back at Forsythia, surprised. "Really? Even after . . ." She trailed off and looked down at her hand, which was still healing from the cut. She sighed.

"Forsythia," she called to her. "I'm sorry. I - I never should have attacked you. I hope you can forgive me."

"Oh, don't sweat it, darling! Tensions were very high, and I know you have a passionate heart!" Forsythia calls back to her.

"It's not okay to hurt others, but of course you would never do that under normal circumstances! Plus, well, I was in a dark place."

UkuleleLady wrote:
Esther nodded to Cooper. "Remember that I asked you not to die. I expect you to keep your word." She managed an exhausted smile. "You are out of bullets. A sensible enemy would choose a more threatening target. You will survive tonight. I believe that."

"Well, I said the same thing last time so I wouldn't be surprised if Amory took the chance." Cooper snickered at that. "But yeah, I'll do what I can to survive tonight. You have my word."

He then walked over to Pétur's hanging corpse and cut it down, moving it next to William's. He dragged Vaughan's body over shortly after and tied them to his porch. When he seemed satisfied enough, he headed to the tavern.

Forsythia wrote:
"Oh, don't sweat it, darling! Tensions were very high, and I know you have a passionate heart!" Forsythia calls back to her.

"It's not okay to hurt others, but of course you would never do that under normal circumstances! Plus, well, I was in a dark place."

Esther gave her a bittersweet smile. "We both were."

With that, she quietly left to visit the graves.

The night falls once more and the lonely six remaining townspeople of Moonview decide to go home and sleep their worries away.

That's when it happens once more...the atmosphere becomes sinister and the sky turns a deathly shade of red.
The Blood Moon has arrived..

[You know the drill.]

The next morning, the remaining residents of Moonview all gather at the town square. They all look around at each other...Cooper, Amory, Forsythia, Emilia, Xander, and Esther. Everyone seems to be here..

The group then presents something they had discovered while rummaging through Pétur's home. It appears to be an assortment of various books and tomes, all containing very old different detailed descriptions and drawings of some sort of incident, each belonging to a different person. One such description reads:

"La'Sel Nebriti, the Dark Star, has taken everything from us. Our ancient kingdom has fallen, and our people have turned into wicked monstrosities, those being lucky enough to survive losing their minds and slaughtering one another. The Dark Star has infected the entire realm of Sylvestria, and the Royal Court refuses to break the kingdom's tradition of isolation. Our Great Walls have crumbled, and chaos is rampant...very few people have managed to escape.

What's more I hear, is that a band of men and women, all affected by the Dark Star, seem to have formed some sort of vicious tribe in the aim of surviving...I hear rumors of them being powerful beings who have used their gifts to their advantage, and that their leader calls himself the "Great Witch"...Could such rumors be true?"

Suddenly, just as the townspeople finish reading through the passage, they hear someone approaching the town square. Everyone looks around, wondering where the footsteps could be coming from, before...

Gettin' Old!

A faint light appears moving slowly towards the others through the darkness of the forest.

A sweet fragrant smell hangs from the light smoke drifting from the light.

"Ah...my friends!" The ever-pristine and smooth-skinned form of André said as he strode towards them, cigarette in hand. He smiled and gave a wide shrug before allowing his accent to drop "Well...at least I hope we can still be friends after all that lying." he said in his regular voice wandering towards the others.

"Jason Vaughn...pleased to meet you."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Cooper just stood still for several moments, barely blinking. After some time he quickly pushed his canteen of ale away and sat down holding his head in complete confusion.

fella

"What... What the..." Xander murmered as he stared at Jason in awe, multicolored eyes widened in shock.

"Y-You're alive?" he inquired with a somewhat shaky voice. "I am not complaining, but... h-how? We all saw your corpse first-hand..."

"Y-you . . ." Esther stepped back and covered her mouth with her hands. Her eyes were wide in shock. "You're not really here. You - you can't be!"

Gettin' Old!

Jason flashed a still-beautiful grin and passed a fresh bottle of Cooper's favourite to him as he joined the group proper.

"Well I wish I could tell you guys more I really do but I imagined it was Emilia's doing for what it's worth." he laughed gesturing to the medium "Maybe magic isn't that awful after all."

Jason paused and looked up at the sky, taking a deep breath and savouring the taste of air. "It's...great to be here but I don't know how or if this is even permanent." he said looking at his perfectly-manicured hands before suddenly starting as if remembering something.

He looked around the sky somewhat, almost as if looking for someone else or someone watching him. "I'm sorry guys, this wasn't my choice. I hope you guys are alright over there." he said to the sky, a sombre yet sympathetic tone in his voice. "Avis, I'll take care of your falcon if I find him."

He looked over to Cooper and whispered quietly "You...you didn't actually eat him did you? You might actually be haunted if you did."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

"This is just too... I don't even know what to say." Cooper grumbled, downing the drink he was given.

"A-And of course I didn't eat him!" He indignantly shouted. "Falcon meat is too tough anyway--it was just some rogue chicken."

He took another large sip. "None of that matters anyway... this is all way too bizarre. I...I never thought I'd see you again and-" He stopped, then turned to Amory. "Is this your doing then? Why?"

"André . . ." Esther reached forward with a shaking hand. "Jason . . ." Her hand came into contact with his arm, and she gasped and leaped onto him in a tight hug. "I don't care what your name is," she sobbed. "Y-you think we care what your name is?"

Gettin' Old!

Jason frowned a look of shame on his face "Well, I suppose it doesn't but...ah forget it. I'm happy to see you too." He said placing his arms around Esther and returning the hug.

"We were all watching you know. The dead I mean." He said looking up at the sky again "There's this great big chapel where they are all waiting and watching us here."

"I just wish I could have been more use to you all" he chuckled releasing Esther from the hug "Didn't get to do much detective work before the Coven got me but it seems you've got this all figured out." He said looking over at Amory.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Esther stepped back with a laugh after Jason released her, and wiped her eyes. She didn't speak, deciding instead to wait to hear what Amory had to say.

Amory tilted his head. "What..? Is there something in my hair..?"

Cooper ran up to Amory and wrapped his hand around his throat in a vice grips, pushing him against the wall. His eyes were wide with almost an uncharacteristic amount of excitement.

"Listen. Right now your skinny behind is the only thing between me and the biggest payday of my life. Talk."

Gettin' Old!

Jason watched impassively as Cooper strangled Amory "Doesn't matter much, I figure he'd be dead by now already if your gun hadn't run out of bullets."

"Let's just vote him into the gallows and be done with this coven business." He shrugged "It's not like talking to him has been useful at any other occasion and he already said he couldn't bring me back the other day."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

JesusMonroe wrote:
Cooper ran up to Amory and wrapped his hand around his throat in a vice grips, pushing him against the wall. His eyes were wide with almost an uncharacteristic amount of excitement.

"Listen. Right now your skinny behind is the only thing between me and the biggest payday of my life. Talk."

"O-Oh shit...you're really g-getting off on this, a-aren't ya..? I can see it in your eyes...y-you're one of us..!"

Amory's emotions were masked, but you can tell he was smiling devilishly inside.

"W-Wasn't me, anyways...your boyfriend w-was brought back by some other c-crazy bitch..! Unless you really think it *was* me...n-not like I ever told the truth before..."

"Amory didn't do anything last night ," said Esther simply. "I used the powder on him. I imagine that's why the coven failed to claim another victim."

Amory shrugged, still being choked out. "I-I get my orders from P-Pétur, s-so not like I had to do anything...y-you just gave me an eye infection..."

Cooper grumbled and released his grip from Amory, turning to the door. "Alright then. Just a trip to the gallows should wrap this up. Let's go."

"About time..."

Amory yawned and made himself comfortable.

"Ooh! I'm beginning to see ghosts! Very scary~! Good day!"

Forsythia leans over her fence.

"Anyway! Last night I had a bit of a psychic vision!" she pinches her fingers together, holding them up.

"Someone here, (Who, you ask? I'll let you decide!) someone here is known as the black witch! They are the second-in-line to the great witch and responsible for bringing about the blood moons in lieu of the great witch! They are able to cast a curse on one other townsperson each night!"

"Oh are we starting already? I suppose we should!"

No other way than to make this mistake.

Looking over to Andrè, Emilia nods and smiles. "Yes, that was me. There was a ritual about resurrection in this book, though it seems I'm only able to fulfill one... and it is why I didn't show up yesterday. But it did work, it looks like."

Gettin' Old!

Hearing Emilia's claim about resurrection, Jason rubbed the back of his head awkwardly before moving over and taking her hands firmly. He looked deeply into her eyes "Well...thank you...for this second chance at life. It's...this whole experience has been enlightening for me and you've given me a chance to change as a result of it. That's not something I can ever really repay you for but...I owe you my life so...I'm sure I'll think of something." he said, his tone deadly serious as he released her hands.

Taking a long breath, Jason relaxed more, similar to his André persona he had adopted. He slunk his hands into his pockets and moved onto the other side of Amory, he didn't expect someone as apathetic as Amory would try and escape but you could never be sure. "Right, let's end your miserable existence here then and throw a party to celebrate." He looked across the town square to where his tavern was situated "Plenty to celebrate after all."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

No other way than to make this mistake.

Pierre wrote:
Hearing Emilia's claim about resurrection, Jason rubbed the back of his head awkwardly before moving over and taking her hands firmly. He looked deeply into her eyes "Well...thank you...for this second chance at life. It's...this whole experience has been enlightening for me and you've given me a chance to change as a result of it. That's not something I can ever really repay you for but...I owe you my life so...I'm sure I'll think of something." he said, his tone deadly serious as he released her hands.

"Really, it's nothing... I don't expect compensation. I didn't expect this to work either, so this is enough, really. Knowing how to resurrect people is likely a big enough payment." Emilia chuckles.

"...Hey, André...er, Jason, did you and Cooper fuck yet?" Amory asked randomly. "Kind of curious about that."

Soon enough, the next trial begins. Everyone returns to the town square, filled with determination.

Only one member of the Coven remains. What will the townspeople do?

New passages have been added to the black tome.

Spoiler: The Poltergheist
The Poltergheist is a devious member of the Coven who enjoys causing mischief and toying with unsuspecting mortals. As the Poltergheist, each night you may either accompany the Black Witch and wipe the selected target of their night-time notes and evidence collected (up to 3 times), or follow a Townie around while invisible and watch who they visit during the night. It is important to be careful though, as following the same person around twice will cause them to feel like they are being watched, and being invisible will not necessarily grant you immunity.

Spoiler: The Great Witch
The Great Witch is the intimidating leader of the Coven who has the power to decide when their allies will strike. As the Great Witch, you will use your Crimson Staff to bring about the Curse of the Blood Moon, which will allow you and your allies to use your magical abilities to attack the Townies. You are granted night-time immunity, meaning you cannot be killed by another townsperson during the night-time killing phase, and you may also veto any decision made by the other Coven members.
[During the Blood Moons you may now cast One for Two, a spell which allows you to sacrifice the Black Witch (or whoever has received the Black Potion) in exchange for eliminating two Townies of your choice. You may cast this spell only once during the entirety of the game.

The other members of the Coven are unaware of this ability.]

Last edited by TheLetterF on Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Black Fable: The Town of Moonview (Fifth Blood Moon)Topic%20Title

"Let's get this over with...I have an appointment in hell to attend to."

Amory sat patiently on the ground, cross-legged & eyes closed.

Gettin' Old!

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Jason said with disinterest as he nudged Amory towards the Gallows.

"Get in there heretic"

Jason took a step back from the gallows "I'm sure Satan will satisfy all your curiosities in hell." He told Amory.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"Do we need to make this official?" said Esther. "I vote to execute Amory. Who else?"
Page 17 of 18 [ 695 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus