Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 99 of 100[ 4000 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Re: Danganronpa F5: Delusions of EdenTopic%20Title

"Well, I mean, more like... They would still have to stay there for the interviews, right?" Nana blinked. "Even if they used Mr. Taylor's recording to talk, they'd need to be there to hear what everyone was saying, wouldn't they?"

The American Dream

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
"Well, I mean, more like... They would still have to stay there for the interviews, right?" Nana blinked. "Even if they used Mr. Taylor's recording to talk, they'd need to be there to hear what everyone was saying, wouldn't they?"

"What if they already had someone or something doing that for them? Don't you think they'd use as many of their resources as they possibly could to pull this off? Taylor was on the cusp of ending this game, after all."

hi

"Would the killer really need to stay around for the interviews?" Annabella asked. "The information probably wouldn't be useful to them. They could have just set up the recording and made their escape."

Quote:
"What if they already had someone or something doing that for them? Don't you think they'd use as many of their resources as they possibly could to pull this off?

"Um, but we didn't find any proof of anything like that, did we?"

Quote:
"Would the killer really need to stay around for the interviews?" Annabella asked. "The information probably wouldn't be useful to them. They could have just set up the recording and made their escape."

"Would a recording be able to respond to everyone, though?"

The American Dream

"Why would the killer need to be around to listen to the interviews though? If they stayed there the whole time, then explain the whole diving situation. Personally, I think that them having something else take care of the interviews for them makes more sense."

"Um, but it's the 'something else' I'm not getting. Something else like what?"

The American Dream

"Oh, I dunno..." Skylar sighed. "Probably Eve, or something. I'm probably wrong, as usual."

"Oh. Probably, yeah," Nana agreed bluntly.

She sighed and continued. "I don't think Miss Eve would be involved, but... I don't think we could have heard the right responses during the interviews unless someone was there picking them... But nobody could have stayed in Miss Eve's room the whole time since we were all seen after Mr. Honda's interview, right? So... m-maybe someone else was helping the killer by switching places with them at some point?"

The American Dream

"Hm? How would that work?"

"Okay...let me just repeat something so we can be sure about the timeline." Rose says. "Evelyn headed to the science lab at around 12:30, then Honda at around 12:55. At 13:07 Evelyn returned. She asked about Althea, and ran off to find her when I confirmed Althea hadn’t come back. At 13:15 Nana passed by on her way to the science lab, then at 13:27 Honda returned to his cubicle in the robot lab."

“Maybe someone used Taylor’s clothes to change places with him?” Honda asked. “So instead of seeing someone wearing his clothes, Evelyn saw the real Taylor in the hallway. That should be possible, right? ....Right?”

hi

Joker wrote:
“Maybe someone used Taylor’s clothes to change places with him?” Honda asked. “So instead of seeing someone wearing his clothes, Evelyn saw the real Taylor in the hallway. That should be possible, right? ....Right?”

"Huh? Are you saying that Taylor left and had someone else replace him in the lab. That...makes sense I guess. So was the person replacing him the killer then? Or was the killer someone else?" Annabella was confused.

The American Dream

"Why would Taylor have someone replace him, though?" Skylar said, pressing the issue. "I don't see how that makes any sense, to be honest. While it seems to be evident that someone was disguised as him, I don't think it was the real Taylor that Evelyn saw."

Shy guy

"Perhaps it would be worth focusing on something else, for now," Gawain suggested.

"How did the killer escape Eve's room without detection?"

"I believe it will be helpful to use the map here, while keeping in mind where everyone was at various points, as they would have been obstacles for anyone trying to avoid notice."

hi

"Well, there was a diving suit. It's possible the killer escaped via the diving station and...went to the dock between the arena and the lab? But the airlock couldn't have been opened from the outside. Someone had to open it from the waiting room. Either Eve somehow opened it, or the killer did in fact have an accomplice.

"They also would have had to have escaped when no one was between the arena and lab. Unless one of us did see them and isn't mentioning it because they are the accomplice in question."

The American Dream

"I'm just confused why Eve assisting the culprit is so bizarre," Skylar wondered aloud. "I mean, like, if the killer really is the one behind this game, then that means Eve has a stake in this too. It would only make sense for her to help cover it up."

"Is it even possible for Miss Eve to help the killer?" Nana wondered. "I mean, she... doesn't have her body anymore..."

The American Dream

"I'm pretty sure that, as long as Eve is connected to the network or system or whatever, she can do as she pleases, for the most part," Skylar replied.

Shy guy

"Yeah, Eve could certainly have opened the airlock, and managed the speaker system," Gawain said, throwing a dirty look off-screen. "It's all electronic, and designed so that I could operate things as required. With Eve in the system she has the same access I do."

The American Dream

"Hey, Gawain, can you see what she did in there, or are you both blocked out from each other?"

Shy guy

"I... can't see any of what she did," Gawain said regretfully. "The network is split between us. Neither can see into the other's domain, let alone interfere with it, if that makes sense."

hi

"Well, can you see who used it?" Annabella asked. "Can you tell if whoever opened the door was human or robot?"

Shy guy

"I cannot. Though I doubt a robot used it, as it would be very difficult to operate the door without very precise control and programming," Gawain said. "Only Eve or a human could have opened the door."

"That's awful," Nana muttered, eyes down. "Like... It's bad enough that Miss Eve is running this game, but at least she always stayed out of the actual killing plans..."

She shook her head and took another look at the map. "Well, um, anyway... I'm pretty sure the only way the killer could have gone to get away is through the diving station, right? Miss Annabella, Miss Evelyn, and Miss Althea were all in the lounge together, so they couldn't go that way without being seen... and Miss Rose was always either in the arena or the hallway between the arena and the science lab, so she'd see them if they went that way, too... right? But if they went to get a diving suit, then swam to the dock up by the robot lab, they probably wouldn't be seen... I think..."

The American Dream

“Sounds about right, methinks.”

Happy Maria

"Yes, that sounds about right, I believe", Evelyn agreed. "It strikes me as rather unfair that Eve would so blatantly assist the killer in getting away, but considering who they were, it only makes sense for her to do. Now that we know that, can we also ascertain when they were able to do all of this? It seems it had to be after Nana's interview, since there didn't seem to be any playing back of the tapes in Rose's or Skylar's interview, they played out rather normally, if anything, with the same script and all. So if we consult the alibis once more, that should help quite a bit! There's... still really only one person who fits the bill here, though, when you combine all this information together." She shook her head.

"I'm sorry to say this, but everything still seems to be pointing to you, Skylar", she begrudgingly murmured. "Honda could not have done this, and neither could have Rose. Nana didn't have the timeframe to have committed this crime, and everyone else was seated in the lounge. There doesn't seem to be anyone else with sufficient opportunity here..." She looked at the girl, hoping she would have a convincing rebuttal to offer.

Last edited by Southern Corn on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

The American Dream

“Look at you go, Evelyn!” Skylar cheered. “You’ve been on fire this whole trial, so it looks like Taylor’s killer, the one behind this game, will finally be brought to justice!”

Skylar silently placed a vote for herself.

“I see no room for disagreement with your deductions. Well-played.”

Shy guy

"Actually, the contents of Rose and Skylar's interviews do seem to be different," Gawain pointed out. "Even if only in slight changes in wording, that still means they were not simply the same recording played back. Furthermore, it would not have been possible to create one single recording and then leave it to run under the assumption it would work out: any manner of timing mishaps would ruin the whole thing. Just imagine if one of the interviewees took their time answering a specific question. Not to mention Rose got a reply to her parting question, albeit a very minimal one.

"Er, not that this really represents a hole in your theory. Just best be perfectly clear on these things, is all..." He trailed off awkwardly, not sure what to make of the current situation.

Happy Maria

WinterCoat wrote:
“Look at you go, Evelyn!” Skylar cheered. “You’ve been on fire this whole trial, so it looks like Taylor’s killer, the one behind this game, will finally be brought to justice!”

Skylar silently placed a vote for herself.

“I see no room for disagreement with your deductions. Well-played.”

Evelyn seemed dumbstruck. "Wait...is that it? Is that a confession? Do you actually admit to being the killer, and thereby the mastermind behind this whole game? But then...why? Does this mean your identity is a fake? Is your real name actually Olivia Watson?"

She clenched her fists. "I'm sorry, but I cannot vote for you yet. I need answers first."

KamiPanda wrote:
"Actually, the contents of Rose and Skylar's interviews do seem to be different," Gawain pointed out. "Even if only in slight changes in wording, that still means they were not simply the same recording played back. Furthermore, it would not have been possible to create one single recording and then leave it to run under the assumption it would work out: any manner of timing mishaps would ruin the whole thing. Just imagine if one of the interviewees took their time answering a specific question. Not to mention Rose got a reply to her parting question, albeit a very minimal one.

"Er, not that this really represents a hole in your theory. Just best be perfectly clear on these things, is all..." He trailed off awkwardly, not sure what to make of the current situation.

"This is easy enough to explain, then", Evelyn replied undeterred. "The killer must have left after Rose's interview instead and then proceeded to escape as mentioned earlier. This would change little in their plan, really. Skylar would still be the only one with opportunity in this case. With how large of a time ago she had, she could have finished her robot and then headed to kill Taylor. The fact that he was hosting an interview at all must have made the mastermind feel unsafe. So when hiding in the locker, they heard Taylor address people as Ms. Watson seemingly by accident. But they knew otherwise and had to silence him."

"As for Skylar's interview, she obviously could have lied about it entirely if she were the killer", she added. "Since she had her hands on the recording, she would know a great deal of it in her head from playing it back for Nana and Rose."

She then turned her gaze back on Skylar expectantly.

Shy guy

"Skylar was accounted for before Rose's interview was over," Gawain pointed out. "She was at the robot battling arena with Nana and Honda."

The American Dream

“Evelyn, you’re really smart, but you should know that the person playing back the interviews wasn’t really a ‘person’, per se.”

Happy Maria

"...Oh, so it was Eve doing it for you", Evelyn realised. "That would account for how you left while someone else kept playing back the interview for you. ...That also explains why Eve didn't let us access the device. Is that it?" She gave a cold glare to Skylar.

The American Dream

"Hey, what's with that look?" Skylar asked. "You pretty much solved the case, you should be happy."

Happy Maria

Evelyn shook her head, apparently disgusted by the mastermind's nonchalantness. "Wasn't Taylor, in your own words, one of the few people here whom you were friends with? To think, you would do something like this to us after all... I simple cannot fathom the workings of your mind. But since you seem eager to give up so easily... I'm afraid there is little else to do here."

She sighed, inputting her vote.

The American Dream

"Don't worry, you'll get a full-length explanation when all is said and done, just like with every culprit before me. It's kind of the routine at this point," she said dryly, rather fatigued by this game's length.

"...Maybe we don't want to hear what some heartless killer has to say," Nana growled.

The American Dream

Skylar shrugged. “Hey man, whatever.”

"Skylar..." Althea said. She hasn't been doing a lot of that lately, huh. "I, I want to hear it. I need to know..."
She placed a vote. Guess who.
Skylar. It's Skylar. Gosh this was a quick trial.

“It wasn’t Skylar!” Honda suddenly exclaimed, as he slammed a fist on his podium. “I-It couldn’t have been her! S-She promised me she wouldn’t kill... So it can’t be her...! I-It can’t be...”

He looked like he was on the verge of tears again.

hi

"So...Skylar did it..." Annabella sighed, placing her vote. She then looked over at Honda, giving him a sympathetic look. "This is why I didn't want anyone to die anymore..."
Page 99 of 100 [ 4000 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus