Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 15 of 18[ 684 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Re: Nonary Game 8: T&T (Round 4 Discussion Phase)Topic%20Title

"One more thing." Sin says, addressing everyone. "I don't think it'll be that helpful, but Jesse Reyes was a senior computer programmer. He works at some major company that makes a bunch of apps and all that stuff, I guess. Just something to keep in mind."

He turns back to his wife and son, and places a hand on the glass wall as he speaks. "Stay safe. I love you two. I'll see you guys later, okay?" He lingers there for a moment before slowly making his way over to elevator.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Virgo gives a quick nod, smile and wave to the two women beyond the glass, running into the elevator.

"Let's get the fucker."

"R-right, let's do this." Deux says, then walks into the elevator.
Signature loading, please wait...

9 Houses, 9 Cats, 9 Lives

"Jesse Reyes, huh? Can't say I've ever heard of him, but..."

Dee looked at Sin.

"Get him. He'll pay for all this. Right?"

Having said that, he followed Peri to the elevator.

Sleeping is my life.

Once everyone have gotten onto the elevator, the elevator once again started descending down, towards the first floor. The players now knows who Zero is, and they're going to confront him in person. The elevator reached the first floor and stopped moving. The elevator door opens, revealing a room. The players went into the room.

The room turns out to be a fairly simple room, as there seems to be some tables placed around. There's a door on one of the walls. The players knew where this door leads to.... Zero. Or to be more accurate, where Zero currently is.

"I'm beyond that door. As much as I'd like to let you all into the room, I'm afraid to tell you this. Three of you were carrying weapons and potential weapons. I'd like it if we can have a normal chat without resorting to such violence, so please surrender those that you're carrying. I'll show you what you must surrender before you can enter." Zero says as on one section of the wall, a panel slides up, revealing a electronic screen. The screen turns on and is displaying a image on its screen.

Three items were displayed on the screen; a knife, a gun, and.... a syringe.

"Once you have surrendered those shown on the screen, I'll let you through the door. However, if I catch you try to smuggle a weapon pass my watchful eyes, I'll be sure to penalizes you for that." Zero says.

Room Map: https://i.imgur.com/dd3dOwh.png

Happy Maria

Psi grimaced slightly. "D-dammit... I should've known he'd be smarter than that. ...Ah, well." She took out what appeared to be some kind of syringe. "This is apparently some sleeping drug called... Soporil, I think? I've kept it on myself till now just in case things got out of hand, but... I guess it's not going to be put to use anytime soon." She shook her head regretfully, placing the syringe on a nearby table. "Didn't hear anything about a knife or a gun, though... Maybe that belongs to Sin or Jupiter", she suggested.

"Sure. You think not having a gun will prevent me from beating you to death?" Virgo takes a gun out of her pocket, somehow-- and deposits it on a nearby table. "It was a real gun. Not much else to add. I figured I'd get to shoot the dick with it, but apparently not."

"It's not me." Sin said, responding to Psi.

"How can we be so sure you'll keep your end of the bargain, Jesse?"

Gettin' Old!

Blaze drew the knife from somewhere. Despite being a full length kitchen knife it seemed miniscule in his giant hands.

"I'm fairly confident I could restrain him without this if it came to it though it hardly seems fair." He turned the knife over in his hands "So long as you've got a way of penalising us we are never really on fair terms are we?" He muttered spitefully examining the knife.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sleeping is my life.

"You'll be surprised, Sinister." Zero says in response to Sin's question.

"Of course, Fireman. After all, you're just a player in my game." Zero said to Blaze.

Gettin' Old!

Blaze grimaced shrugging to the others. "I don't think we have much of a choice anyway. He won't let us leave if we hold on to weapons." He said before sighing and dropping the knife on the table.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Dee shivered a little.

"Well, I'm sure glad no one used these for bad! Psi, Blaze... you two were carrying a syringe and a knife, right? Is that how you restrained Pitch back then? It'd make sense..."

"Speaking of... now that three people have emptied their pockets, I might as well check mine. I don't have any weapons, obviously... at least, I don't think I do. I just realized, though, that, other than carrying over some newspaper articles and a notebook, I never actually checked my pockets thoroughly enough. I kinda forgot and now I'm wondering if I actually have anything."

After a bunch of checking, Dee pulls out what looks like a mini hand-held communication device with two halves, then facepalms.

"I... I had this thing on me the whole time! We're near the end already, but this could've been so helpful earlier by allowing instant communication between two people in different rooms... this could've been so useful and I never noticed I even had it!"

Laughing a little, Dee continues.

"Lesson learned, folks: just because you're good with puzzles doesn't mean you can't be an utter idiot every once in a while! At least it's not a weapon, and I don't have anything else in my pockets, so I should be safe from the stupidity of accidentally carrying a weapon without even knowing it. That'd be a really silly way to get... penalized. Don't you think?"

hi

"Oh! You had the other one!" Peri pulled another handheld communicator out of her pocket. "I forgot about it too. There wasn't much use for it in the end, I guess."

Gettin' Old!

Blaze crossed his arms and nodded matter-of-factly. He raised one arm and a finger to make a point before addressing Dee. "Rule number one of safety! Always be aware of what's in your pockets at all times. You never know when you might need a weapon or if someone has planted evidence on you or if you have accidentally lost your wallet! The sooner you notice! The sooner you can fix it." Blaze dropped his arms having finished his PSA "Still it is good no one used the weapons. I found the knife in the kitchen and just held onto it. Figured it was safer in my hands."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Happy Maria

"Y-yeah, well, I did manage to find a lot", Psi replied. "Had my pepperspray with me this whole time, and I found that dart gun and the syringe in the doctor's office... I also found one of those communication devices, actually", she added. "Peri found the other half later, and we managed to keep in contact with each other for a little bit... Though ultimately it wasn't really that useful, I guess."

"Don't look at me, I only had the gun." Virgo shrugs, after everyone's done revealing their items.
Re: Nonary Game 8: T&T (Final Discussion Phase)Topic%20Title

Sleeping is my life.

"Excellent, players. I can see that everyone have surrendered the weapons that they have picked up along the way to here. So, I'll be opening the door in a moment." Zero says as the sound of the door unlocking can be heard. Then the door slides open, allowing the players to enter the room.

As the players enter what was finally the last room, the first thing that they noticed was the podiums. It seems that each podium seems to have a electronic screen on each one. On the ground near each podium, there is a metal platform. Across the room, at the end of the room is a wall of TV screens. Each screen seems to be displaying a different room. The players realized that the rooms displayed on the screens were all rooms they have been to. The brightness of the TV screens was enough to illustrates that in front of the TV screen wall is a table with books, a coffee cup, a device with multiple buttons, and a microphone. In front of the table is a leather swivel desk chair, in which they can see a person sitting in it. This must be where Zero have been watching the game from within.

As the players were figuring out how to best approaches Zero, the door suddenly slam shut behind them and locked itself. Shortly after that, the leather swivel chair turns around. As Zero came into clear view of the players, they can see what their captor looks like.

Zero appears to be a man in his early 50’s, with greying dark brown, wavy hair that reaches down to his shoulders and piercing green eyes. Life must have been hard on him as there’s several scars on his face; two scars were on his right cheek, and one is underneath his left eye. And he seems to have kept his beard trimmed. He is decked out in a grey turtleneck sweater, tan cargo pants, and black combat boots.

“Well… I’m impressed that you all made it to the end alive and well.” Zero says as he got up from the chair. The players knows what Zero sounds like now that he isn’t hiding his actual voice behind a voice-alternator device. His voice sounds strained, probably due to age, and gruff. "I'm Zero."

Zero paused for a moment and continued to speak some more, as he crossed his arms. “But I suppose that my codename is meaningless and useless now that you guys all know who I am, hmm?” He chuckled dryly at that thought. “However, I should warn you, though... Any physical violence towards me would results in a penalty. So, let’s talk like normal civilians, shall we?”

Room Map: https://i.imgur.com/7HXWbqn.png

Last edited by JaytheBluPirate on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Virgo evidently grits her teeth at the mention of a penalty. Well, shit.

"Let's start with the elephant in the room-- why'd you do all this?"

Happy Maria

"H-how can you even penalise all of us if we subdue you? I-it's not like you'd be able to fight back in any case", Psi rebutted. "But yeah, what Virgo said... I know you were probably just looking for revenge. But where did you get the money to do all this? And if you figured out the identities of the robbers, w-why didn't you tell the police? Why did you have to get us all involved in this? W-we were just there, it's not like we could've done anything more!" Her fists clenched slowly as she glared at Zero.

Gettin' Old!

Blaze gently patted Psi on the shoulder and shook his head seeing her clench her fists.

"Look just let us out of here so we can be done with this. Pitch will go to jail. You'll likely get the death penalty and we can all go back to our lives." He looked around the others. "Don't suppose the assistant would reveal themselves now?"
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Dee gives Zero a curious, disbelieving look.

"I was ten. Did you seriously expect a ten-year-old to be able to do anything in a situation like this?"

"And yes, good question about the assistant..."

Sleeping is my life.

"Simply put, it's revenge. Revenge on the bank robbers who ruined my life. They..." Jesse said, as he puts his hands to his face, as if he's trying to suppress his anger and hatred. "They robbed me of the love of my life and my unborn son. I was going to be a proud father of two children. But then the robbery happened, and all I was left with was my daughter. It's their fault this have to happen."

"The money that I used to put together this game... It was from my work as a senior computer programmer. Been with that company for a long time since I was fresh out of college with my college degree.. And, I didn't use all of the money as I puts some aside for my daughter." Jesse said in response to Psi. "As for your second question, while it's true that I could have gone to the police, but I knew that there were people who were affected by the robbery... Clyde O'Malley, Logan Sullivan... Even you, Theresa Jackson. Pretty much everyone who was at the New Leaf Bank that day."

When Blaze mentioned the assistant. "Of course, Darren. I'll reveal to you all who my assistant is." Jesse said before he spoke some strange words in a foreign language "Now, you'll see who my assistant is."

Virgo scowls at Zero's 'explanation'. "Okay, but what the fuck do I have to do with this? I'm just an ordinary girl. Why'd you string me into this, asshole? I couldm't have given less of a fuck about some stupid dumb-ass robbery that had no effect on me whatsoever."

Sock

"For fuck's sake... I would've preferred just getting locked up than this garbage..."

"Tch! Virgo's right, you've grabbed so many completely innocent people here! "Affected by the robbery", yes, we were affected by the robbery, and then, five years later, we were affected by your game! Just because everyone's still alive doesn't make all this painless!"

"I mean, I guess you did do one unarguably good thing. Blaze can now clear his name. Excellent. Everything else, though? Too many innocent people, too much fear and pain... oh, and your penchant for electricity felt really excessive. I only got a weaker shock once, and I brought that one upon myself, but the stronger ones you wired up for puzzle failure -- are you just a sadist or what? Do you enjoy other people's suffering?!"

Dee was visibly angry, but he wasn't exactly sure what words to use to continue, so he stopped talking for now. Besides, he was waiting for the assistant to reveal themselves, whoever they are...

Deux, who had been quietly standing aside from the others after they went into the room, walked towards where Zero was, then faced all the others.

"Y-you know, I'm kind of surprised everyone dropped the accusations so easily...most of you focused on what Nigel had done instead. Maybe there's a chance you'll understand me after all, as hard as it is for all of you to understand Jesse." Her tone of voice still wasn't quite confident, but the others could tell something in her expression had changed.

"But anyway. Theresa and Darren were right. I, Fiona Buckley, am Jesse's assistant."
Signature loading, please wait...

Sleeping is my life.

Jesse chuckled as his assistant came over to his side.

"You see, back when Darren, Theresa, and Nigel were in the Nursery... They were suspecting her of being my assistant. So, of course, I warned her about this and told her to watch out." Jesse explained.

Cesar Zero wrote:
"But anyway. Theresa and Darren were right. I, Fiona Buckley, am Jesse's assistant."

"Oh for fuck's sake, so you did fuck-all the entire time, and now you expect me to be surprised?! What is this, a low budget movie?!" Virgo is pretty much fuming at this point. "You've played with seven people's lives for whatever bullshit you just made up, and now THIS? Is this a fucking joke?!"

"... it might make sense, actually. Does anyone know enough French to confirm if Zero just spoke French for a moment?"

"We had only recently started foreign language classes in my school, but when it came to picking French or German, I picked German. So I know almost nothing about French at all, not even the pronunciation... but even I know that "deux" means two. Out of all our code names, this was the only one in French. If Zero did, indeed, just speak French, that'd be a perfect fit."

"But yeah, I have to agree, you didn't really do a whole lot as an assistant while in this game. Were you important during preparations? I don't understand why you entered as a participant, then... to watch over us or something?"

Gettin' Old!

Blaze shrugged "I don't care, I didn't drop my suspicion you'd have to be crazy to pull something like this off and grief can drive you crazy."

He jerked his head at Jupiter. "Jupiter might have lost his colleagues but they were colleagues. That's a professional relationship. Both of you lost something deeply personal and so would be the most motivated to get a twisted kind of revenge."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Sleeping is my life.

Jesse burst out laughing at Virgo's outburst.

"Well, truth is.... Fiona and I hated the bank robbers more than anything." Jesse explained. "After all, Fiona and I lost something that was important to us. Fiona lost her boyfriend, and I lost both my wife and unborn son. We thought that by forcing Nigel to play the Nonary Game, he'll remember the crime that he committed, and how his crime affected all those who were there. I wasn't even there as I was at work that day. I only knew what happened when I got a call from the hospital to inform me of what happened to my wife."

To Dee, Jesse said, "Well, I thought that I'd give Fiona a chance to kill Nigel while playing the Nonary Game, hence why she lied about being kidnapped. But unfortunately, she didn't get to pick up a single weapon during the entire game."

Sock

"You've gotta be fuckin' kidding..." Pitch trails off.

"Are you serious? You lot are that petty? You're both fuckin' crazy, you know right? Y'think anyone else here deserved any of this garbage? Do you think you're any better than me?"

Dee is a bit startled by how casually Jesse mentioned the idea of Fiona killing Nigel and just by how casual Jesse is about death in general.

"Right, that explains Fiona, since she's your assistant. Not that I understand why you didn't just give her a weapon, since you set all this up and could've obviously done this... It also explains Nigel, he's one of the bank robbers. Blaze mentioned he wasn't supposed to be part of this, and you even gave him a chance to clear his name."

"Sin, the detective, now has a lot of information he can use that he didn't have before. He didn't have to be a part of this, of course, but his presence has some purpose, at least."

"Everyone else?... Why were so many innocent people dragged into this? I can't believe I'm saying I agree with Nigel on anything... but I agree with Nigel. Even though all of us are alive, how are you better than him?"

Sleeping is my life.

"Say whatever you wanted to say, you... you... you murderous bastard!" Jesse shouted at Pitch, shouting every word that came to his mind. His words seems to be filled with anger and hatred. "Do you have any idea how it's like to suffer?! You and your buddy get to enjoy all the cash you stole from the bank, all while we suffered! Do you know how difficult it is when I lost my wife?! How difficult is it for Fiona when she lost Ethan Fairbanks?!"

Jesse then pointed towards Dee. "What about him?! He lost his childhood innocence when he watched you murder those security guards!"

His expression darkened at this point. "Think of the people here! Your crime affected them and you didn't even dare to even think about what you have done?! They all changed because of you!" Jesse shouted.

Once Jesse was done shouting, he was breathing heavily. It seems the shouting have tired him out a bit.

Sock

"And doing this would totally make it alllll better, right?"

Pitch shakes his head. "I may not be good, but you sure as hell ain't better, old man. I didn't go rob that bank to make a bunch of people suffer. This? You did all this to make everyone here go through some serious fuckin' shit."

He cracks a weak smile. "Y'think someone here's gonna kidnap us all again in five years for another one of these shitty 'games?'"

"So, to make Nigel suffer and bring him to some kind of justice in front of our eyes, you created a game where everyone suffers?! Are you for real?!"

"I still remember what you've said the first time my mom lost consciousness after failing one of the puzzles. "How shocking". You mocked her. Clearly, Nigel's suffering isn't the only one you took pleasure in... "Oh, look at Dee, he's lost his childhood innocence that day!" Do you even hear how hypocritical that sounds coming from you?! Oh, and you've already mentioned my name, so not sure why you're using our code names again. Jesse, Fiona, Nigel, I might as well confirm mine. Clyde O'Malley. Nice to meet you, everyone."

Clyde turned to Fiona, looking at her with sad disbelief. Whereas he shouted at Jesse, he spoke quietly to Fiona.

"What did he promise you? What did he say to make you believe going through with this would make your hurt go away?"

Last edited by Muzozavr on Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sin groans.

"Y'know, I don't like to hit women, but does that no violence rule apply to your assistant right now?" He cracks his knuckles as he speaks, and looks at Fiona before continuing. "I'm not defending Nigel and his buddy, but you two knew about what he did and instead of coming to the police you kept it all to yourselves and decided to run this stupid game. You talk of childhood innocence yet think of what you did to Clyde and my son over here. You forced them into this game even though they're both kids!"

As he spoke Sin had begun getting angrier, and he eventually began yelling. "Hell, you forced my son into a god damn incinerator! If you think you're still in the right after this, you're god damn mistaken! Far as I'm concerned you're worse then them! I'm going to make sure you two spend the rest of your lives in jail if it's the last thing I do!"

Gettin' Old!

Blaze was about to say how Pitch's crimes hadn't affected him but thought better of it. He just looked at Zero in confusion. "I get why you'd want to make him suffer but you had all the means in the world to do that. You kidnapped him and made him murder his friend. If you wanted him dead or tortured you had ample time to do that but why would that involve any of us?"

Blaze shook his head "But whatever, just tell us how to get out of here so we can turn you in."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

"One second, Sin. How much did Fiona know about the details of your room, anyway? There was a note from Jesse saying she didn't know he rigged Nigel's redemption room. Your son being in an incinerator might also be something Fiona didn't know about."

Only after a few seconds pass did Clyde realize what Sin had just said.

"Wait, INCINERATOR?!"

hi

"Zero...Jesse..Fiona...do I even need to say that this was petty? Everyone already has. Not that I was expecting much else, but still. You put innocent people through this just to get vengeance on one man. I'm a parent myself. I understand why you'd be angry, especially after losing a spouse as well." Peri twisted her wedding ring, voice faltering for a moment. "But this? This is too far."
Page 15 of 18 [ 684 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus