Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 4 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Ch1 Exploration PhaTopic%20Title

“Very well!” Benjamin smiled. It was a weird and forced smile. “Technically I lost my right to vote upon incarceration, but I’ll assume my vote counts unless a majority of you disagree. I would like to have a say in some matters after all.”

Kachu wrote:
WinterCoat wrote:
"Oi, don't you go usin' that tone o' voice with me!" she said, taken aback. "And like I just told that cop, I don't need no fixin', got it?"

Bennett lets out a deep sigh. "Right... If you say so."

Then he turns to Benjamin, with a bit of a nasty look on his face. "I suppose teamwork makes the dream work, but I don't know how comfortable I'd be listening to the opinions of some of the people here..." Bennett quickly glances around the cave, apparently eyeing some people, but it isn't obvious who.

"Plus, I sure ain't down for listening to the cop if he's gonna rush us to our deaths like with the bridge."

"I have solved cases like this in record speed. A missing 8-year old, found in just under two hours. And the bridge clearly was not an issue..."

Ivan smiled. "I believe in a democracy, so I do not oppose someone else leading us along. But I do think someone with experience in solving crimes is most qualified. Or are you saying those without courage and foresight should commandeer our objective..?"

"Please, lend us your thoughts," Ivan nodded to Benjamin.

Benjamin clapped his hands before beginning. “Prison was a hellhole of misery and boredom, but there were some useful... ‘unwritten rules’ that made our way of life much easier for everyone.”

His smile dropped and he raised a finger. “I propose a no gossip rule. People can feel free to exchange secrets about themselves, but not rumors about each other. If something is so important that it’s best the group knows, an announcement should be made. The amount of deaths I’ve seen due to lies or misunderstandings is... well even one would be too many. Either way, I’m obviously voting for my own proposal and I think this will make everyone much happier if implemented.”

He leaned back against the cave wall, apparently done with his presentation.

Ivan aimed his baton at Benjamin. "You are a prisoner, no..? This rule seems like a way to protect yourself from our speculation."

Shy guy

"Technically she's the one with the most experience at this sort of thing," Seb pointed out snidely with a light gesture towards Carrie, who was probably doing something very Carrie-ish. "Which I think speaks for itself. Democracy allows us to all offer whatever we do have instead of being brought down by the faults of a single leader."

JesusMonroe wrote:
Benjamin clapped his hands before beginning. “Prison was a hellhole of misery and boredom, but there were some useful... ‘unwritten rules’ that made our way of life much easier for everyone.”

His smile dropped and he raised a finger. “I propose a no gossip rule. People can feel free to exchange secrets about themselves, but not rumors about each other. If something is so important that it’s best the group knows, an announcement should be made. The amount of deaths I’ve seen due to lies or misunderstandings is... well even one would be too many. Either way, I’m obviously voting for my own proposal and I think this will make everyone much happier if implemented.”

He leaned back against the cave wall, apparently done with his presentation.

Seb nodded at that, happy to agree. "Sure, sounds sensible. We're on a rescue mission, not a school playground. And like I said before, communication is vital at times like these. Just don't expect that to mean I need to force myself to engage in small talk with any of you."

The American Dream

Brandy nodded. "That's a good rule. Talkin' 'bout people behind their backs and such only creates more problems and sows distrust. I'll support that one."

CaptainPancakes wrote:

Ivan aimed his baton at Benjamin. "You are a prisoner, no..? This rule seems like a way to protect yourself from our speculation."

"Are you implyin' you don't mind people spreadin' gossip like lil' schoolgirls?"

Last edited by WinterCoat on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fella

"No gossip sounds good to me," Oliver commented, crossing his arms. "The spreading of asinine rumors is childlike silliness, after all, and would only lead to more distrust."

Last edited by Collin1002 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainPancakes wrote:

“Well I won’t pretend the rule doesn’t benefit me—it originated in a prison after all. But that doesn’t mean it’s not a good rule. It’s a good way of life outside of prison as well, nobody respects a quidnunc.”

"I'm all for democracy and stuff," Charlie added, sitting down with her back to the cave's wall, probably trying forget her little panic attack back there, "but we can still have a leader. And we have the perfect leader with us right there!"

She pointed at Brandy. "Mother Hen! Brandy Henn in the flesh! Who else could lead an expedition better? Some backwater small town cop?"

"...It's no skin off my back," Ivan sighed to Benjamin. "...besides, the mayor appointed you here for a reason. I believe in his judgment. He believes your presence will benefit Rattlewater as a city...and for your sake, I hope he is right."

Last edited by CaptainPancakes on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sock

Bennett sighs at Ivan’s comments about the bridge. “Yeah, sure! Democracy sounds like it’s be best.” His earlier nasty expression has been remained by a rather friendly smile. “I’m sure we could all get along with a little bit of work. Just gotta get to know all of ya.”

“I like that no gossip rule too, now that I’ve heard about it.”

The American Dream

DootDootDoot wrote:
"I'm all for democracy and stuff," Charlie added, sitting down with her back to the cave's wall, probably trying forget her little panic attack back there, "but we can still have a leader. And we have the perfect leader with us right there!"

She pointed at Brandy. "Mother Hen! Brandy Henn in the flesh! Who else could lead an expedition better? Some backwater small town cop?"

"Oh, um," Brandy began, a tad embarrassed, "well, I'm flattered you'd like me in charge, Charlie, but I think we should just stick to makin' decisions as a group. Oh, and, don't insult the town too much. It may not be the best, but it is home to most of us."

Quote:

"...Do you take issue with our home?" Ivan asked eerily.

Shy guy

DootDootDoot wrote:

"Yes, I'm sure she's adept at avoiding dangerous situations, no injuries will befall us if we follow her lead," Seb said, deliberately not-quite looking at her missing arm. "I think at this point we know too little about one another to put our safety in the hands of anyone in particular. We can consider electing a leader later, perhaps, when our capabilities have actually been made clear."

No other way than to make this mistake.

DootDootDoot wrote:

Daniel sighs. "You're pushing it a little, kid. You've been here for five minutes, if even that, and you're already making assumptions about people. Most of you are eager, but you should probably take your foot off of the gas pedal. I know Ivan the most and I can say he's an exceptional leader."

He seems largely uninterested in the 'no democracy' rule, scoffing at the talks.

"Why, thank you, Daniel," Ivan smiled. "However...Seb brings up a good point. If we are searching for a missing person, then it is possible someone else here has more experience."

Ivan gracefully put his baton away. "Brandy, for example, is skilled in searching for treasures, no? Well, who we are looking for is a treasure to the town we live in. In fact, we all are, as appointed by the mayor, and as heroes of the town of Rattlewater."

"...Besides, by wasting time talking about this and that, our grasp on the objective is moving farther and farther away."

Code:
Dear Stars,

As I am primarily here to report on our findings, and have little skill in locating missing people or navigating caverns, I am perfectly fine with going along with the group, so long as I don't feel endangered by the group's decisions.

Faithfully yours,
Shizune Takata

The Typist passed her input on to the nearest person in writing as usual, now that she'd been reunited with her seat.

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...Do you take issue with our home?" Ivan asked eerily.

"And so what if I do? Am I not allowed to?" she responded, getting up from the floor. She seemed ready to explain her grievances with the town, before Brandy cut her off.

WinterCoat wrote:
"Oh, um," Brandy began, a tad embarrassed, "well, I'm flattered you'd like me in charge, Charlie, but I think we should just stick to makin' decisions as a group. Oh, and, don't insult the town too much. It may not be the best, but it is home to most of us."

"... Alright, alright. It's not too bad, I guess."

KamiPanda wrote:
"Yes, I'm sure she's adept at avoiding dangerous situations, no injuries will befall us if we follow her lead," Seb said, deliberately not-quite looking at her missing arm. "I think at this point we know too little about one another to put our safety in the hands of anyone in particular. We can consider electing a leader later, perhaps, when our capabilities have actually been made clear."

She shot Sebastian an angry look, but maybe because of Brandy's influence or maybe because she could feel she drew enough hostility for five minutes, she stayed quiet for now.

Just a guy online.

"I am also fine with a democratic system," Nail spoke up. "Along with the no gossip rule. Though things said in confidentiality can and should remain in confidentiality."

He had taken up residence a bit further from the group, having taken out his dossier once more. He seemed rather attached to it. Anyone who would look at it over his shoulder (an impressive feat, to say the least) would see it full of rather innocuous information. Nothing that especially stood out, anyway.

"...I will not tolerate anyone to sully the great Rattlewater," Ivan glared to Charlie. "...Not from the likes of you, particularly."

He thought about grabbing his baton, but decided against it. "...No matter. Should there be an issue with you, it will be resolved in due time."

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"...I will not tolerate anyone to sully the great Rattlewater," Ivan glared to Charlie. "...Not from the likes of you, particularly."

He thought about grabbing his baton, but decided against it. "...No matter. Should there be an issue with you, it will be resolved in due time."

"... Jeez, I was gonna make a joke about this, but now I'm serious. Are you the thought police or something?" she answered. Abrasive as she was, she still took a few steps back, hopefully staying out of baton range. "You said you'll 'resolve' my issue. The fuck does that mean? Are you gonna arrest me for not loving the town?"

The American Dream

CaptainPancakes wrote:

"Look, she may be a bit rowdy, but I'm gonna have to ask you not to threaten her," Brandy said to him, seemingly annoyed. "If she gets out of line I'll take care of it."

Sock

Bennett chuckles. "Don't be so tough on the cop. 'Least he's dead set on doing his job right, and I can get behind that." Bennett crosses his arms and smiles.

"I don't remember saying that..." Ivan shrugged, staying quiet. "But let us remember the no gossip rule. I shall say no more."

Just another day.

Matt stood by waiting for them but annoyed they still havent finished chatting.
"All you dumbasses done chatting? Id like this not to take till the turn of the century."

Micah had taken some time to examine her new surroundings after crossing the bridge, moving around a bit as the others talked. "I'm fine with doing things democratically, and with the no gossip rule. I don't think everyone here would be able to keep their cool in the case of a misunderstanding." The others couldn't quite tell if she was thinking of anyone in particular when saying that.

"That also means we shouldn't just be picking fights that easily." Her eyes darted between Charlie and Ivan, who at least seemed to have calmed down. "We don't know how deep Ms. Gardner could have gone in the time she has been here, so we shouldn't be creating more issues that will impede our advance."
Signature loading, please wait...

Shy guy

"That's a good point," Seb said in response to Micah. He seemed more comfortable talking with reference to her than he had Benjamin. "These caves go pretty deep; for all we know they might go on for miles. Enola had a headstart on us, we might have quite a long trek before us."

Once Carrie had finished her business she rejoined the group, catching most of the conversation. “Carrie vote no gossip. Carrie talk to people’s faces. If someone insult Carrie’s face Carrie will scratch them.” She brandished her hideously long fingernails as she said that.

At the mention of treasure, “Carrie look for treasure for years, and Carrie find nothing. Too many caverns, all empty. But Carrie don’t think Elona could get far. Carrie can find Elona in less than hour.”

fella

"I have to agree with Micah on the statement about fighting," Oliver remarked, trying to waft away Carrie's stench. "We already have our hands full as is. No point in making more problems by squabbling amongst ourselves. Teamwork makes the dream work, after all."

Just another day.

"Finally a voice of reason, less chatter more getting the hell on with it ive got enough of a headache as it is from all the booze I drank last night and this shitty hangover still hasnt gone away. sooner we get this shit over with the sooner I dont have to deal with the lot of ya."

matt chewed his cigarette or what was now pretty clearly a candy cigarette and proceeded to grab another out of his pack of them.

"Alright, alright, no fighting, I get it. I'll stop trash talking Rattlewater, okay?" Charlie agreed, seeing Ivan back down. "And, uh, I guess I vote no gossip? I mean, kind of a weird rule, how are we gonna enforce that?"

KamiPanda wrote:
"That's a good point," Seb said in response to Micah. He seemed more comfortable talking with reference to her than he had Benjamin. "These caves go pretty deep; for all we know they might go on for miles. Enola had a headstart on us, we might have quite a long trek before us."

Shizune blinked as if she'd just realized something. She rolled up to Seb and handed him a new letter.

Code:
Dear Mr. Tor,

Your last statement about Miss Gardner made me think. How well do you - or anyone here - know her? Do you know any reason why she might voluntarily decide to enter these caves alone?

Yours truly,
Shizune Takata

P.S. I apologize if I have spelled your name incorrectly.

Just another day.

DootDootDoot wrote:
"Alright, alright, no fighting, I get it. I'll stop trash talking Rattlewater, okay?" Charlie agreed, seeing Ivan back down. "And, uh, I guess I vote no gossip? I mean, kind of a weird rule, how are we gonna enforce that?"

"Simple, the next person I hear gossiping im going to throw my wrench at, that will shut them up...or atleast make me feel better."
Matt said without any hesitation.

Sock

"The hell counts as gossip to you?" Bennett loosely points towards Matt. "If I say that Carrie smells more rancid than a corpse, would you hurl your wrench at me?"

Shy guy

After reading the letter aloud, Seb shrugged. "Maybe she was looking for something? She was a poet: maybe she was looking for inspiration? I don't really understand artsy types, so I can't get behind what she was thinking. A short distance in and I'm already tired of these caves."

Just another day.

Kachu wrote:
"The hell counts as gossip to you?" Bennett loosely points towards Matt. "If I say that Carrie smells more rancid than a corpse, would you hurl your wrench at me?"

Matt proceeded to grab his wrench and point it at Bennett.
"Sounds like a good reason as any to throw it at ya in my opinion, now any more lip from ya and ill throw it."

Sock

Cold52 wrote:
Kachu wrote:

Matt proceeded to grab his wrench and point it at Bennett.
"Sounds like a good reason as any to throw it at ya in my opinion, now any more lip from ya and ill throw it."

Bennett grumbles and looks off to his side, putting his hands in his jacket pockets, clearly not interested in getting a wrench to the face.

"I'll agree to the democracy and no gossip rules." Klifford said, as he cleaned his glasses. "They sound good to me!"

He then coughed awkwardly, unsure of what else to say.

“Oh this is excellent!” Benjamin shouted as his proposal passed with flying colors. “I won’t bother proposing the other big prison rules—no stealing, no raping, no killing. Let’s just file those under ‘common sense’.

“But if anybody has any other suggestions please go ahead. Perhaps we should create a rotating chores list, or basic hygiene protocol.” His last suggestion definitely wasn’t directed at anybody in particular.

"No, I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with Miss Gardner. Of course, I haven't always been in Rattlewater, but I've never seen her at any of my shows." Lavender responds to Shizune's question. "How about you, Mister Abrams, have you ever seen her at any of your shows?" She asks Oliver.

"Quite a mysterious young woman she is...I wonder what her story is?"
Page 4 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus