Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 75 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 5 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

He looks at Enola with amusement.

"You were with Ivan until you turned off the teapot. And then right after that you went to the bedroom."

"How could you possibly be accusing him? That's preposterous even for your standards."

"There's no point where Ivan could have snuck off to the bedroom and committed the crime."

Shy guy

"Nail could simply lead the killer by the hand, being able to see in the dark himself," Seb suggested uncertainly, looking quite lost now with the recent turn of events. "Whoever the killer is, I think they had to have acted while the teapot was whistling, otherwise we'd have heard Daniel scream. I'm not sure how any killer could move using noise under those conditions..."

"...Shut up," Ivan snapped at Nail, his baton aimed at the Devil. "I'm sick and tired of hearing your sickly and obnoxious voice...go shit yourself in the corner."

He turned to the others and looked at them with a glint of encouragement.

"I didn't lead the killer. In fact, the killer never became aware of My involvement until it was made clear in this tribunal."

Hearing Ivan, He mimes zipping His lips and flicks away the key to the lock.

It's not like He fears Ivan, but in this moment He can respect him.

ASCEND

"Hmm...That's right. There's no way Ivan could have made it to the bedroom..." Enola mumbled dejectedly.

"But that doesn't mean a damn thing."

Enola began pacing around the trial room, holding a finger up in the air. "Why don't we think back to when it all began?"

"Ivan, for whatever reason, knew about everything Nail had plotted. Perhaps this outcome was exactly what Nail wanted...In any case, for whatever reason, Ivan was prepared to concoct a plan of his own.

"For the most part, Ivan's alibi is exactly as he told us. It's a perfectly solid one. He remained in the living room, watching over me, attracting no suspicion. Meanwhile, Nail was skulking about like a rat, using a possession spell scattered amongst ancient tomes to sever the power lines of the house.

"After the lights faded, three important things happened. Brandy was wounded in a trap, which was...relevant, I guess? Daniel, who had been searching his room, attempted to return light to the bedroom. He didn't notice the glue on the lampcord and became stuck there...my parents' wedding picture in his hand.

"Finally, Ivan grabbed me as I tried to escape. I tried to fight him off...but he returned the favor. We fell to the floor, embroiled in chaos, as the teapot's deathly whale echoed around the room. Ostensibly, he was trying to keep me in the room and away from danger...but his only goal was to make me certain that he never set foot in the bedroom.

"After taking particular care to get the flow of my life on his baton, he chased me to the sound of the teapot in the kitchen...where Daniel was trapped on the other side of the wall. The two of us collapsed to the ground, right in front of the fridge...

"While I struggled to escape, Ivan tore away the loose floorboard, instrumental in the mechanism Oliver had unknowningly activated. Baton in hand, his arm squirmed through the hole like a serpent and delivered a sharp blow to Daniel's ankles...The drill instructor collapsed facefirst onto the floor, hanging loosely from the cord of the lamp. Then Ivan struck ruthlessly; blow after blow slammed against Daniel's neck. As I struggled, I thought he was going easy on the baton...I was wrong.

"His work done, Ivan replaced the board and escaped...Everything afterward is simple. I turned off the teapot. Nail activated night vision and entered the bedroom. Daniel received a jolt to the brain. The ceiling caved in. I shared a bed with a corpse."

Enola trailed off. Silence filled the trial room. She glanced vaguely at the others.

"That's it," Enola said, pointing at Ivan. "He did it...All I want to know, Ivan...is why you stooped to the level of the bastards in your force?"
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Last edited by Planetbox on Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It was hard to tell what Ivan was thinking. His face was stone-cold and his body motionless. After a brief but excruciating silence, Ivan put away his baton and relaxed a bit.

"You are correct, Ms. Gardner," Ivan nodded. "...Please do not...speak ill of my men. This sin is mine alone to carry."

"...End this game," Ivan said with his eyes closed. "Satan himself here said it was the final trial, right?"

"There's people out there who need you...my time is finished."

The American Dream

"So, that's it, huh...? Is it really over?" Brandy asked no-one in particular. "Ivan... why'd you do it? We reached our goal n' found Enola, so why kill...?"

Shy guy

"I suppose he won't say until we vote as he asks," Seb commented, sounding drained. He inputted a vote for Ivan. "Hopefully this is the last time I ever need to vote like that..."

The American Dream

"I'm so over this... this chaos..." Brandy muttered as she placed a vote for Ivan. She was looking a little pale. "I'm not even upset anymore... I'm jus' too tired to feel anythin'..."

fella

Oliver sighed as he inputted his vote for Ivan as well. "After we finally found Enola, yet another murder... what a damned waste..." he muttered, looking thoroughly drained.

Belphegor snaps his fingers making the sound of marble striking one another.

"IVAN HAS HIS VOTE RETURNED TO HIM AS OF NOW. IN ADDITION, ENOLA HAS EVERY RIGHT TO VOTE IN THIS TRIBUNAL. HER SOUL HAS ALWAYS BEEN BOUND TO THIS GAME."

ASCEND

"...Vote?" Enola said, confused.

"Uhh, alright. Not sure why...but it looks like you all no what you're doing."

Enola walked over to Nail's podium, the only empty one, and hopped onto it. She put in a vote for Ivan.
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Ivan silently voted for himself.

Just a guy online.

He crossed His legs with a sigh, looking around the trial room with a gaze that saw more than was there. "I see..." He murmured. "So that was the sum of your decisions... I can respect that. Very well, then. Let the choices be granted..."

Belphegor speaks softly, "We'll keep voting open a while longer."

"One person has received six votes, but another has received one."

"I think that's a little bit too close to call for my liking."

Shy guy

"Seven votes? Since when do Nail and Haley vote?" Seb exclaimed, a rare moment of raising his voice.

The American Dream

"Uh, I ain't exactly a mathematician or nothin'," Brandy said, sounding confused. "But that number don't exactly add up... Is there a ghost in the room fiddlin' around with votin'? Spooky..."

"Oh, now IT'S SIX TO TWO."

Belphegor turns to Sebastian imposingly.

"HE ONLY HAS BUT ONE VOTE."

Shy guy

Seb looked around suspiciously, but presumably the room was as sparsely populated as usual. For some reason he narrowed his eyes thoughtfully at Enola. "This is... certainly strange."

fella

"A total of eight votes?" Oliver asked, perplexed. "That's... odd. How can that be...?"

The American Dream

"Maybe it's the souls of the departed comin' back for one last round..." Brandy muttered. She was noticeably on edge.

Shy guy

Seb nodded. "At this point, it wouldn't surprise me. And it would make for some very poetic justice."

fella

"In all honesty, with everything that we've seen, it wouldn't surprise me in the least," Oliver said in a somewhat deadpan manner.

He smirked in response to Seb. "Heh. It certainly would."

Just a guy online.

KamiPanda wrote:
"Seven votes? Since when do Nail and Haley vote?" Seb exclaimed, a rare moment of raising his voice.

"As much as I would like to lay claim to the vote, it is not mine to claim." He closed his eyes, shaking his head. "I still have not voted myself, nor shall I, as is my wont."

"W-What in the world...is happening..?"

Ivan's mouth went agape as the mysterious votes continued to climb.

ASCEND

Enola turned in a circle, staring in awe at the podiums around her.

"Oh my god..." Enola whispered, "All these votes. There's so...many..."

She let out a wheezy laugh.

"T-This is absurd..! Is this not over..?!"

"...I-I have to make dues for my crime! Why is this tribunal still..?!"

Just a guy online.

"That is not our decision alone to make, Sir Ivan." He laughed slightly, leaning back with his eyes closed and a smirk on his face. "So this is how it ends... I must say, I never did see this ending coming..."

Sock

"Hey, hotshot!" A familiar voice calls out from one of the podiums.

Somehow, through the magic in the air or some nonsense, the players can make out a figure, one that's very Bennett-esque, with his all too familiar grin on his face.

"Had a blast runnin' this little game did you now? Afraid I'm gonna do my job as always and take you out." He chuckles.

"Life and death happens all the time, I'm sure you'll get used to it!" He turns to Sebastian. "Though you, kiddo, have gotten a little too used to it, I gotta say. I know, I know, I'm pretty much the cause for that. And I sure don't think you want to hear it from me, but I hope that after all this, you can find a pretty girl, settle down and take it easy. You sure as hell deserve it. I ain't no saint, but I can still tell I did you dirty. And well... I'm sorry. Chin up, though! You're almost through this damned mess! Everyone's rootin' for ya, even if you don't got a heck of a lot of time left..."

After a bit of a pause, Bennett turns to face Brandy. He scratches the back of his head awkwardly, somehow. "...Aghh.. This shouldn't be such a fuckin' mess, huh?" He floats away from his podium and up to hers. "Just like Sebby, I sure as hell don't think you want anything to do with me... But I'm gonna be selfish one last time and talk my mouth off anyways. You're a fine woman, Brandy, and I mean that quite literally as well." He flashes a smirk before continuing. "I ain't gonna justify any of the shit I've done, but I sure as hell am gonna apologize for dragging you through the same hell Sebastian went through. I've been watching you try so, so damn hard this whole expedition... You should be proud. You're even a good fucking shot! I don't know if anyone here has been as hurt as you've been through this whole game, and I'm sorry for puttin' you through a hell of a lot of pain." Bennett trails off, and looks down at the ground. "Take care of yourself, yeah? A nice long break will suit you good. Hell, take my place. Turn it into another one of your flashy museums. Or hell, burn it down if that'll make you feel better. Stick it to me if that's what it takes. Just... Life the rest of your life to the fullest, not for me, but for Charlotte."

"And Copper, you probably don't want to hear this, but..." He says, facing Ivan now. "Rattlewater needs you. Don't go tossing your life away now, when I'm about to save your ass!" He laughs out loud. "If anyone can really wring out the vile trash in our city, it's you. No doubt about it."

Bennett floats back to his podium and stares Satan down. "Well then, jackass! I better do my job one last time and take you down with me. Whaddya say? Whatever the hell happens to me, it sure as hell will feel good getting rid of someone as vile as you." Bennett lets out one last laugh before slowly fading away.

"Take care, all of ya! As much as you hate me, I hope this little ghostly intervention brightens your mood a bit! I can't say I'll see any of you on the other side, so just sit back, and let all of us take over, yeah?" Bennett's voice fades out. It's unclear if he's still with them or not, but it seems like he wouldn't be able to speak again.

Happy Maria

Bruce's eyes glowed strangely after Bennett voted. "Kee kee kee, finally! How exciting!" The bat let out a cheeky grin, as if it had been waiting for this moment the entire time.

Belphegor chuckled in the background. "In other news, it's SIX VOTES TO FOUR VOTES right now. It seems the wheel is really turning now, h-h-h...."

Last edited by Southern Corn on Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote:
"And Copper, you probably don't want to hear this, but..." He says, facing Ivan now. "Rattlewater needs you. Don't go tossing your life away now, when I'm about to save your ass!" He laughs out loud. "If anyone can really wring out the vile trash in our city, it's you. No doubt about it."

"...Rattlewater...needs me...I know that..." Ivan said with his eyes closed.

"...To escape and save Rattlewater was my one goal. I was in a state of confusion from the very start...I thought I got out of it, but here I am again..."

"I've fallen to the lowest point of murder...someone like that couldn't possibly protect a town. Isn't that right..? My motive was pure greed. The town being cleansed...it would have hurt *me* too much."

Just a guy online.

"Tell me, Belphegor..." He gave the demon a morbid stare. "Did you perhaps plan for this from the start? Such a nice way to change the end of the game, from being one where Satan wins to one where humanity ends up winning... such a narrative might even gain my approval!" Je laughed uproariously, slapping his knee. "Ah, well! It was a good run!"

The American Dream

“Bennett...” Brandy said, beginning to sob. Tears streamed down her face and she was reduced to a blubbering mess. “I want to go home... please... please take me with you...”

"'Make dues for my crime'... You can do that later, you numbskull! We have worse people to vote for here."

Charlie is also here. And also a ghost. Thank you Kachu for saving me the explanation. "Anyways, you all have nothing to worry about!" she dramatically put her hand over her chest, "The Robin Hood of Rattlewater, queen of the highway, neatest thief in the galaxy Charlotte Motherfucking Church is here to bail you out!"

After that, though, she dropped the act. She flashed Brandy a smile. "This is just the least I can do, isn't it? After going and dying on you like that... I gotta at least make the bastard who put us through hell pay, right? And you better not waste the life you still have, you hear me?! If I see you up there even a minute earlier than you should be, I'm gonna be pissed."

She sighed, already looking more transparent than when she started talking. "Good luck out there once this is all over. You're gonna need it if you ever want to find a better apprentice!"

And with that, it seems she's said all she can or wants to say. Her image fades as quickly as Bennett's, if a little more arrogantly.

fella

Oliver shuddered at Bennett's sudden appearance and words, tearing up a bit himself. "We're almost done... We're actually doing this. This game is... is finally almost over... After this, we'll all be able to go home," he said, glancing over to Brandy with a small, reassuring smile.

After this, he couldn't help but erupt into a fit of laughter as he looked at Lucifer. "And if the souls of the departed all vote for him, which it seems like they will... this bastard will join them. Haha, like Seb said earlier, this is certainly poetic justice!"

He lightly sighed as he saw Charlotte's form appear and interrupt his post. Once she was finished with what she had to say and faded away, Oliver looked down. "... If you can hear this, I am sorry for treating you like that, Charlotte. Yelling at you... I'm genuinely sorry. It was wrong. Even if you did end up stealing my flute in the end..." He weakly chuckled. "Regardless, thank you for the help in bringing this bastard down."

Just another day.

Slowly enough matt began to become visible.

"Well shit aint this just the best day ever, I get to ruin the bastard who started all this dam crap.
before I do though...id like to thank you all...I know ive been an asshole but hope you all know I really am grateful you all did what you did hopefully the brat got the message to my daughter by now."

then matt turned to satan.
Well satan as I now know you literally are, the biggest bastard of um all Id like to take a moment to tell your ass how i really feel.
Matt grabbed out a small book from his back pocket and cleared his throat.
and sang a song.
and proceeded to flip off satan and vanish.

The American Dream

If Brandy wasn’t a mess by now, she was when Charlotte appeared. Seeing her again sent the treasure hunter into a tailspin.

“I couldn’t protect you... fuckin’ Christ... I promise I won’t let you down, Charlie... Jus’ save me a spot in the afterlife. We can drink room temperature wine for eternity...”

Ciro shows up and looks around at the remaining students and Enola.

"Oh Enola, you're alive, and they found you! I suppose that's two good things that came from this expedition. Let us make it a third, hm?"

He then turns to Satan.

"You always gave me the creeps. It is time to stop, stop you from casting pain and terror for centuries to come, just as you have to everyone here."

He doesn't really have much to say to the other students and vasts his vote.

ASCEND

Enola was crying again. But her face was bright, shining with the same candor as her eyes.

"I...I never thought I'd see your faces," she gasped.

"Thank you...so much."

"Don't forget about me!" Said a familiar, friendly voice. Slowly but surely the spirit of Klifford appeared before the survivors. He gave a friendly wave to them.

"Man, it's good to see you guys again." Klifford says, smiling as he looks around at the others. "Although we were watching just about everything you guys did, it feels surreal to actually be talking to you all again. I have to admit that I'm not really too sure what to say, now that I think about it. So, I'm going to start with him." The doctor points to Satan himself, and turns around to address him.

"I went to you for advice back before I knew better. Sure I had heard the rumors that you were the devil in disguise, but to think that was actually true..." Klifford sighs. "You ruined my life. You're the one who got me to start gambling. You probably knew exactly what would happen to me. I wish I could just pin this all on you and be done with it, but I have to take responsibility for this too. My wife and daughter suffered because of my actions. I could have turned to them for help at any time, but like a fool I didn't..." He shakes his head. "It's too late for regret now, but it's not too late to stop you. I'm going to enjoy what happens next." Klifford smirked and turned back to address the others one last time.

"I couldn't save Shizune. She was like a daughter to me, and there was nothing I could do to save her. But what I can do is try and save you all, even if it means sacrificing my soul. This will be my final gamble!"

After he finished his speech, the doctor began to slowly fade away, just as slowly as he appeared. "Heh, looks like my time is running out. Leanne, my lovely wife... Amelia, my darling daughter... I love you both... so much... Please forgive this fool of a man..."

Klifford's spirit faded from the world.
Page 75 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus