Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 71 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 5 Tribunal)Topic%20Title

Shy guy

"I don't see much point in trying to reason with this demon," Seb pointed out bluntly. "The book described Lucifer as only being satisfied with 'total perfection', something which is in reality an impossible ideal. We can only do the best we can, but that'll never be enough for a demon. Just look at all those who died despite being innocent... The test is meaningless, but Lucifer won't accept that. Arguing is fruitless."

Just a guy online.

"Well, you're right on that front, Sir Sebastian." He nodded. "Yes, arguing with Me is a waste of time. Almost like I've presented Myself as an adversary, one of my other names. And yet, instead of leaving you all to wallow in your own dismay, I have instead extended the offer of help, should you need or request it. Almost like my third stated name. Though We don't always agree with each other, We came to the agreement that so long as this trial was passed, perfect or not, you would be set free. Though the price was also set high enough to discourge voting wrong. You have the apologies from several of My names for that."

fella

"If only we could give this bastard some comeuppance," Oliver spat scornfully. "But, of course, he's powerful, so we'd just die trying... I'd still love nothing more than to avenge everyone who needlessly died, though. All for a fucking experiment... tch."

He clenched his fist and shook with pure rage, quite evident in his expression. "And your APOLOGIES? That's hilarious! Somehow, I fucking doubt that, you goddamned demon!"

Just a guy online.

"You are under no obligation to believe the words I say, unless they are truth words, Sir Oliver." He uncrossed His legs, leaning back. "But a good way to give Me that comeuppance that you so clearly desire to hand out would be to hold strong to what you believe in the face of Satan Himself."

fella

"Oh, I believe that you're a goddamned monster who deserves nothing but scorn and a painful punishment for causing the needless deaths of several people," Oliver growled. "That's my belief now. And I'll gladly hold strong to my belief."

Just a guy online.

"... I'll give you that one," He commented quietly, then clapped again. "Regardless, as fun as this all is, perhaps you should give your alibi? Something tells me you've been holding it back for quite some time, and now is as good a time as any to refocus. Or not, if you still wish to try to combat Me with words and not actions."

ASCEND

"What the f-fuck..."

Enola backed away from the trial room. "That was your solution...to kill people! Everything you told me...all those promises. Were all just part of this stupid game?"

She collided with one of the podiums and doubled over, hands clutching the top of her head. "Just...shut up! Shut up! Stop acting like you know me! You're just like the rest of them! Just like all those assholes you're so critical of. You didn't care about me at all. Because you should have known I didn't want any of this!"

She began to cry again. "What's the point of living...in a world of corpses..."
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

The American Dream

"I feel like I'm in a world of despair right now..." Brandy muttered. "Let's jus' go back to the trial shit... Daniel didn't deserve to die... not for this, at least."

Quote:
She began to cry again. "What's the point of living...in a world of corpses..."

Ivan lowered his head, making quick glances at the others surrounding him.

"...There is a point. Of course, there is a point to living."

Ivan cracked his baton down on the podium.

"There will always be a point in life! No matter how bleak the world is...someone out there in the world is going to need your help. That's why to live! That's how humans persevere!"

"I refuse to play this game any longer. If solving Daniel's murder will be the end of it, then that's what we'll have to do! Your fate lies in your own hands. Catch his killer! Get out of here with your lives!"

fella

"... Tch." Oliver scoffed before turning to the others. "Very well, then. I wish the culprit was Satan, but alas, that apparently isn't the case. Hmph. In any case, I'll go over what I did during the night. For Daniel."

"At 10:00, after we found the papers, Nail ordered everyone to various places in the house -- Seb to the attic, Brandy to the library, and Daniel to the bedroom, and he decided to go to the bathroom. As always. Because Satan apparently has a very small bladder," he deadpanned. "In any case, he sent me to make some tea. I was initially confused, but agreed to it."

"Around 10:05, I was in the kitchen, preparing the tea, while Enola and Ivan were behind me, both sitting on the couch. Nothing seemed off at the moment. I then put the teapot on the stove to allow it to heat up."

"At 10:15, the lights flickered before going out entirely. I then suddenly heard a woosh noise, followed by the sound of something being hit. The sound of steam then filled the room, and... that's when I freaked out. I grabbed a nearby rolling pin for self-defense, and heard sounds of... of struggling coming from the back. I... I panicked. I saw a window nearby, which was open, and went through it. I closed it behind me before coming to a halt. I asked myself what the hell I was doing... Abandoning everyone. I couldn't do that. So I went back. Instead of going through the front door, I went around the house, rolling pin still in hand, passing by the window I had jumped out of previously."

"Then, at 10:20, I made my way to where the bedroom was. I felt like I was being watched, oddly enough... Anyway, I saw a window near the bedroom, and also heard some shuffling noises as well... how odd. As I made my way to the window, it suddenly fell shut. I tried to pry it open, but couldn't. It was as if someone was holding onto it from the other side. After a while, I gave up trying to open it and looked for another way in. Then I heard Brandy screaming for help from the library, so I sprung into action. I entered through the window, made my way over to her, and was able to free her arm from the bear trap. I then tore some cloth off of my sleeves to use as bandages... and then, the lights came on."

"This was around 10:25 now. I continued to wrap up her arm. And, ah, the window was still open as well; I didn't close it. Ivan then suddenly opened the door as well, mouth open, and he seemed to have blood on him as well... or some kind of red stain, at least. He then rushed over to Brandy and I in order to help with her arm, and then we heard a commotion from across the hall... you all know what happened from there."

"In any case, that is what I did. Now, let's find the bastard that murdered Daniel and get out of here alive."

Shy guy

"Yeah, we should focus on what we can do, instead of butting heads against what we can't," Seb said with a nod. "With that said... Um, Enola? Can you tell us what you did and saw around the time of the blackout?" he asked kindly. "It'll help us a lot, and maybe we can put this whole thing to rest."

ASCEND

CaptainPancakes wrote:
"I refuse to play this game any longer. If solving Daniel's murder will be the end of it, then that's what we'll have to do! Your fate lies in your own hands. Catch his killer! Get out of here with your lives!"

"There's no point..." Enola mumbled.

She rose to her feet. Tears still fell from his eyes, but the others could see something strange there. It resembled a deep, simmering rage.

"There's no damn point to solving any of this...because the killer's already caught."

KamiPanda wrote:
"With that said... Um, Enola? Can you tell us what you did and saw around the time of the blackout?" he asked kindly. "It'll help us a lot, and maybe we can put this whole thing to rest."

Enola turned to Sebastian. She giggled softly. "What did I see...? I'll let you know...Listen closely."

Enola pointed straight at Lucifer. "I-It was Him. He killed Daniel! I saw Him by his bedside!"
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

"W...What?!" Ivan screamed. "Y-You're confessing...to killing Daniel..? Why?!"

ASCEND

Enola gave Ivan a concerned look. The mood of the moment quickly evaporated.

"Are you...okay?" she gently asked, "Don't let the stress get to you, alright? We need you..."

Just a guy online.

He pursed His lips. "Well, that's mildly annoying. I did say that I didn't do it, but if you need more..."

"I have not killed a single person in this entire game Myself, as I viewed that as tainting the results."

"Besides, it would've been far too easy if I did it that way. Regardless, I have not killed anyone with My own hands, but that does not mean I didn't set up the situation for it to happen. I wonder where you'll take this information?"

Planetbox wrote:
Enola gave Ivan a concerned look. The mood of the moment quickly evaporated.

"Are you...okay?" she gently asked, "Don't let the stress get to you, alright? We need you..."

Ivan coughed in embarrassment since his player can't read.

"...I-In any case...when did you see this?"

ASCEND

"After the house shattered..." Enola explained, "I heard His voice in the bedroom. I know He was there!"

Enola took several deep breaths, trying to calm down, then continued.

"I-I was scared," Enola said, "Everyone turned on me. All I could hear was that horrible whistling...like a ghost screaming. I managed to stop it and get away...but the shouting kept on. I just stumbled around, trying to find safety..."

"I found a door, but it wouldn't open. Like it was being forced shut. Then I heard that smashing sound...and it finally let me in."

"That's when I saw Him lurking there...The Boogeyman. He told me it was safe, and led me to the bed...I just wanted to go to sleep...stop the pain. So I did..."

"If I'd only known..." Enola sighed. "Whatever...There's nothing I could have done."

"I guess maybe His hands are clean," Enola added, stooping to the floor again. "Even though that just makes things so confusing...I can't think straight anymore..."

fella

"The Boogeyman..." Oliver echoed, placing a hand to his chin. "I see. I'm assuming you didn't get a good glimpse at him, unfortunately."

He shrugged before turning to Lucifer. "... I was wondering about something, actually. Was it you who summoned Belphegor? I can't see it being anyone else."

The American Dream

"It seems obvious to me that Nail, or whatever the fuck, is the Boogeyman," Brandy whisper-shouted at Oliver.

fella

"Thinking back on it... yes, most likely," Oliver whisper-shouted back to Brandy.

ASCEND

Enola pulled out her letter opener and held it in the air.

"Topic 1..." She crouched to the floor and carved a 1 into the rock. "What caused the blackout? I'm still at a loss...too many possibilities. There's a good chance that creep had something to do with it." She gestured toward Lucifer.

"Topic 2..." The sound of her blade scratching the surface hung in the air. "About that lazy asshole...I think the truth's been made clear." She scratched an X over the 2 before Lucifer even confirmed it because she's just that cool.

"Topic 3..." She added a 3 next to it. "What did Daniel do in the bedroom? Most likely he was the one who made a mess of the place...in the dresser and table especially. Perhaps when he found that picture he realized something, which led him to take drastic action?"

Enola trailed off and stared upward. "Unless he was just sleeping..."

Last edited by Planetbox on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just a guy online.

Collin1002 wrote:
"The Boogeyman..." Oliver echoed, placing a hand to his chin. "I see. I'm assuming you didn't get a good glimpse at him, unfortunately."

He shrugged before turning to Lucifer. "... I was wondering about something, actually. Was it you who summoned Belphegor? I can't see it being anyone else."

"Quite. Allow Me to confirm it beyond all suspicion."

"I was the one who summoned Belphegor, shortly after Carrie was the first death. Her blood was used in the ritual, and thus consumed."

"I should also mention that the altar being here was the only reason why I was going to hold the game here at all. Otherwise, I would've gone elsewhere.

"Also, it should be beyond suspicion that I am also The Boogeyman, which is a fitting title, though one I'm not keen on adding to My long list."

Shy guy

"I believe the tailless rat caused the blackout," Seb said. "And I believe this demon here was the one who made this 'random' event happen in order to add more challenge to these events. No rat bait, no possession; just pure manipulation of the odds, or controlling the rat with some eldritch magic, or whatever it is he does."

ASCEND

"He can probably just shit out tailless rats or something..." Enola mumbled, "I'm not sure how much the rules of reality matter anymore."

"Nonsense," Lucifer muses.

"I used no such magic. After all, that would ruin the entire experience for everybody for me to use my power in such a way. No, I simply used my power to transform from Nail to Haley and back again. Never anything else."

ASCEND

"Ugh...these topics are infuriating," Enola threw her letter opener on the ground with a pitiful clang. "There's too much nonsense going on here. I can't make heads or tails of it...and that big freak's meddling means I'm not sure what's even relevant."

"Maybe we should focus on alibis," she pointed at Brandy. "She was unseen for a long time...but getting your arm caught in a trap to establish an alibi is just stupid."

She spun around and aimed her finger at Seb. "He was right above the room where Daniel died, so he had a good opportunity...but that seems a little stupid too. There's no evidence anyway."

She pointed at Oliver. "He was right outside the bedroom...We've only got his word that the window was locked, and that rolling pin could be responsible for Daniel's neck wounds. If Nail was helping the killer, his assignment would be pretty convenient...until someone wanted tea."

She suddenly turned to point at Ivan. "...I got nothing. He seems pretty accounted for. He had his baton though..."

Enola sighed and sat down again. "I guess Oliver seems kinda suspicious. I don't know...It doesn't mean much without a better understanding of the incidents. Daniel could have killed himself for all I know..."

The American Dream

"Is it feasible that Oliver would have the chance to go to the kitchen, out the window, back in through the bedroom window, kill a man n' glue his hand shut, then come to the library and help me?" Brandy asked. "I mean, I guess it could work that he savagely beat Daniel. He was strong enough to open that bear trap, after all..."

Brandy looked around nervously. "Otherwise, that's all I can think of right now. Him bein' strong enough to open the bear trap could be a smokin' gun somehow..."

Just a guy online.

He coughed. "Allow Me to clarify My earlier statement."

"I have never shapeshifted into any being or creature other than the ones you called Nail or Haley, as doing otherwise would have tainted both the results and the game itself. Nor did I use anything other than the circles granted to everyone else, as that would have also tainted the results."

"After all, it would be rather unfair if I didn't abide by My own rules, or if I made things too difficult. So anything involving magic circles that you think you can attribute to Me is fair game."

The American Dream

"Could a possession circle be in the extra books? Like, say someone laid all the books out, open, and drew one circle across all of 'em?" Brandy asked. "Almost like a giant puzzle."

ASCEND

"How much could Nail have even accomplished?" Enola asked no one in particular. "He was in the living room until night fell...If he had caused that, it would have to be something set up beforehand and let it come to pass on its own. He only went missing after the blackout."

"Perhaps Haley used the possession spell in the bathroom or some other secluded area...though it would have to have been cleaned up or hidden somehow."

"The book thing sounds reasonable...assuming he could have done that in the dark without you noticing...Wasn't there a night vision spell?"

The American Dream

"The spine of the book I was gonna grab was glowin', so maybe there's some glow-in-the-dark ink layin' around?" Brandy mused. "Otherwise, I also think it's possible the circle could've been pre-made by Nail to facilitate a murder. If that ain't the case, then yeah maybe a night vision spell was used."

ASCEND

"No..." Enola shook her head, "That would have required another magic circle. So you're right, the glowing paint makes more sense...I didn't think of that."

Shy guy

"We already know the rat wasn't possessed. We also as yet have no reason to think possessing anyone else would achieve much," Seb said. "Until we see a reason someone would need to be possessed, I'm not sure we should spend too much time trying to figure out how someone could have hidden a magic circle. Though I think you're on to something with the books: there were a bunch of books with symbols similar to those in the possession spellbook, yet the contents were otherwise irrelevant. Them forming a circle together would explain that.

"This is a very strange murder overall," he then said thoughtfully. "If Daniel was murdered between 10:15 and 10:20, when the whistling would have masked any screaming or sounds of assault, then he was killed in a very narrow 5 minute window. At the very least, I think it's very likely that a lot of what we found in the bedroom was Daniel's doing, I doubt the killer had enough time for all of it."

The American Dream

"Okay, well, what if Daniel himself was possessed?"

ASCEND

"Maybe Daniel was possessed to attack someone...so they'd finish him off," Enola suddenly remarked.

"I guess Oliver seems like the most likely candidate there, considering the rolling pin...but there's a lot of evidence that doesn't account for. Like the crash..."

Shy guy

"What if the crash was merely the demon's doing?" Seb suggested. "Actually, we have no way of really knowing how much he, using his magic and foresight, set up before all of this began. If the crash was his doing then it bares no further examining, and the same goes for the blackout."

The American Dream

"I think it's safe to say jus' about all of this was pre-planned by Nail," Brandy said. "He ordered us to specific locations for a reason, and that was to make sure it all went according to plan. He knew 'bout the trap in the library n' sent me there to either keep me outta the way or as bait for someone to kill. He set most of this up jus' so, somehow, some way, someone would die."

"There is no glowing paint that was not found," He says, crossing His legs.

"Yes. I suppose it is possible that someone wrote a magic circle across all the books with the patterns in them. Maybe they even did two."

"I didn't use any special foresight, nor do I have any."

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASCEND

"There's still a lot we don't know..." Enola said, "We still don't know the point of the fishing line...the loose floorboards...that weird marble...and perhaps the oats. I'm still uncertain about the acid and hole in the roof too."

She carved symbols that vaguely resembled the evidence she was talking about into the floor.

Shy guy

"Pulling the fishing line tipped the jar of acid," Seb said. "The acid poured out from the jar, flowed along the gouge in the floorboards and then weakened them enough that the weight of the boxes was enough to break them. Are there any issues or missing elements in that theory?"
Page 71 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus