Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 18 of 76[ 3026 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 76  Next

Re: Danganronpa F6: Beneath the Surface (Chapter 1 ???)Topic%20Title

The American Dream

“Tch, some ‘ideas man’ you are...” she said, shaking her head. “Is there an audience for it ‘sides yourself?”

"Isn't it better this way? Why should you know an answer to such a big question so soon?"

Sebastian makes his way over to the tunnels and starts descending into them.

"Alright well perhaps you all should follow him, huh?"

"...We don't all need to go after Sebastian, do we?" Ivan smiled. "Daniel and a few others accompanying him should be more than enough. Why don't you answer all of our questions? I'm dying to know."

*SLAM!*

"...You don't know the purpose of the so-called killing game? I find that strange."

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"Isn't it better this way? Why should you know an answer to such a big question so soon?"

Sebastian makes his way over to the tunnels and starts descending into them.

"Alright well perhaps you all should follow him, huh?"

Shizune didn't need to be told twice to leave; she was already wheeling herself out.

"I am but a priest. I do whatever sacraments are asked from me. I have been bound to this game and it is your new reality. I advise you learn to live with it."

Shizune follows Sebastian to the tunnels.

"...Preposterous. Asked of you? Who asked you to run this game?"

"I won't tell you who did this. It seems to be part of the fun that you don't know. Maybe it could become relevant later."

"It's not as though I'm the one who set up that ring of stones. It was an awful nice entrance though if I must say. They do not make art like that anymore."

Shy guy

With nothing holding him back, Seb continued on down the quicksand tunnel, aiming for the cavern. Whether he was running towards the missing pair or simply away from 'Belphegor' was unknown even to him.

The American Dream

“You don’t have to be specific, but,” said Brandy carefully. “Does this have anything to do with Enola in any way?”

"She's the white rabbit."

Belphegor let's their words bounce off the back wall.

"Beyond that, Enola's role is unknown to you and will stay that way. There are sixteen of you without Enola, so one might deduce she is not a part of this in the same way as the rest of you are."

The American Dream

Doctor Nanjo wrote:
"She's the white rabbit."

Belphegor let's their words bounce off the back wall.

"Beyond that, Enola's role is unknown to you and will stay that way. There are sixteen of you without Enola, so one might deduce she is not a part of this in the same way as the rest of you are."

“Interestin’,” Brandy said, seeming to draw her own conclusions about how Enola fit in with everything.

“I got nothin’ more to say to you, for now,” she spat. She then did an awkward shuffle through the group and followed after Seb and Shizune.

“Probably shouldn’t leave them alone,” she muttered to herself as she jogged through the path.

By the time Brandy and Shizune make it to the tunnels, Sebastian vanishes into the jungle at the far end of the vine-covered tunnel.

Belphegor watches on, their hands behind their back.

fella

"... So, he's unwilling to tell us who is telling him to do this, and speaks in riddles when he was asked about Enola," Oliver commented, having calmed down a bit. After deliberating for a few moments, he decided to follow after Seb, Shizune, and Brandy, walking off with a sigh. "Like Brandy said, it's better to not leave them alone."

The group splits up. Several, including Shizune, Oliver and Brandy, make their way to follow Sebastian, careful not to upset any possible clues, they jump or get carried across the pit of quicksand.

Entering the jungle, the group begins feeling a sense of growing dread. The quiet sound of the gentle waterfall is deafening. The trees all seem to have something lurking behind them but not a single twig snaps.

Not a soul in sight.

[You can say you went to the jungle or stayed back, whatever.]

Benjamin was uncomfortable with the group splitting up, but ultimately decided he'd be better off staying behind. There was enough people in the other group to hold each other accountable when it came to messing with the 'evidence'... and he certainly hadn't missed the startling implication behind the creature's use of the word.

Benjamin stayed staring at Belphegor. He said nothing the entire time, but watched for even the slightest movements if he decided to attack. It occurred to him that he had no way to defend himself, but for some reason that filled his soul with a deep sense of resignation. His heartbeat was steady, and he stayed staring at the monster.

Shy guy

Despite the jungle cavern appearing to be empty, Seb continued to fruitlessly search it. Perhaps he was putting off having to go into the stalactite tunnel where Mr Gardner's body and the altar were.

"Could Carrie have found some Carrie-ish way out of here?" he wondered aloud, panning his torch around the area with the boulders blocking the other exit from the cavern.

Last edited by KamiPanda on Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I doubt she managed to dig a hole if that's what you're asking." Benjamin shouted back, still not taking his eyes off of Belphegor. Silently he wondered how human this thing could be.

"Bruce. Do you know where Carrie is?" Benjamin tried again, hoping for better results than last time.

Belphegor stays eerily still. Their pose does not relax either, as if trying to prove that they were not here to become a part of anything. Their hands remain empty.

Bruce, who seemingly has been here in camp the whole time, lets out a "Keeeeee!" in response to Benjamin. He then flies down the stalactite hallway, perhaps to search on his own.

The group in the jungle area just as Benjamin's words reach them see something: a small gap between the huge boulders. The passage is barely big enough for anyone normal sized and just looking at it makes your heart squeeze in place. The rocks that were dug out of it sit in pieces on the ground. It's definitely new.

Benjamin felt the slightest trepidation at the tip of his fingers, but he quickly clenched his fist and the feeling was gone in a moment.

“Seb! I’m going to need you to check out that passage.” The way he said it sounded less like a command, and more like he wasn’t willing to trust anybody else to do this.

Shy guy

"Me?" Seb seemed a little surprised at being singled out, but then quite obediently followed the non-order. After sizing up the gap a little, he tried to poke his head through and see if he could squeeze past. Being young and small might be an advantage here, at least.

No other way than to make this mistake.

Daniel, who had up until then only thrown around a few annoyed grunts about 'bullshit' and 'kids' pranks' decided to follow behind Sebastian to watch over the group.

"That passage wasn't there before. Neither could anyone have made it, as far as I'm aware. Must be where the two M-I-A soldiers are. Regardless, be ready for what we find, unit."

The American Dream

"Careful now, Seb," Brandy warned. "If you can't fit we'll find another way. Don't go hurtin' yourself."

The passageway is extremely narrow. The moment Seb gets his torso in, he feels completely trapped. He's in a place that humans were never supposed to move through. He can feel a immovable stone pressing against his gut. The passage makes turns as well.

Daniel and the others standing behind Seb are not eager to follow him. Daniel himself looks much too big for the passage.

Then, slowly, Sebastian completely disappears. Swallowed by the rock.

Spoiler: Within
The first thing that hit is the awful smell.

It smells horrid.

Like a wet rat.

Like maggots.

Like dust and decay.

Like every bad thing possible concentrated in the smallest possible area, crushing the lungs of anyone who dares breathe it.

It smelt like Carrie but worse and it hurt the mind. Sebastian tries his best to cover his mouth but he can't reach it.

Suddenly, Sebastian saw it.

In the light of his torch, something whitish and yellowish and greyish and brownish with two eyes staring back at him.

His breath catches the awful air as he sees another and recognizes it for what they are: skulls.

His breathing quickens, and what little oxygen can make it to him is barely worth the effort.

He squeezes out into a small opening, he can barely hear the others still talking to him as he looks down at his feet and finds exactly what he's looking for next to a splash of blood:

Cold, dead, animalistic eyes stare back at him from the putrid thing.

Spoiler: ...

Last edited by Doctor Nanjo on Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The American Dream

"Sebastian!" Brandy yelled. "Are you okay in there?"

If only she knew.

Shy guy

Seb didn't reply, probably couldn't reply all things considered. Instead he tried to make his way back out of the hell he was currently stuck in, which took almost as long as it took to get in there in the first place.

Eventually he just about managed to squeeze out, and turned to face the others.

"She's dead," he began without preamble, a strange look in his eyes. He seemed both detached and haunted at the same time. "Carrie, she's dead. I found her body in there, alongside a pair of skeletons."

He didn't have anything else to add. He seemed relieved to be back out in the cavern though, where he could take (relatively) fresh breaths and calm down again.

fella

Oliver's face immediately paled as Sebastian told the others what he had seen. "Oh... Oh, god..." he muttered, swallowing a bit of bile that had built up in his throat with a look of disgust on his face.

"If she's dead, then... t-then what about Micah? Micah couldn't have killed her... right?" Judging by his tone, he seemed rather unsure.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"She's K-I-A?!" Daniel seems extremely surprised that someone would even die. "Wait a moment. Didn't the tablet say something about a body discovery announcement? About two more people? Soldiers, I have a bad feeling. I don't want to follow this tablet prank mumbo-jumbo, but it looks like we have to. We need two more. That'll confirm the death."

Last edited by Datamatt on Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The American Dream

"That's... she... no..." Brandy struggled to convey her thoughts with proper speech, so the merely took a step back and tried to take deep breaths. She had only just begun to know Carrie, but a death in the team weighed heavy on her.

"It's actually happening..."

Benjamin rushed back as fast as he could, heaving the iron ball in his hands. It appeared he went too fast and ended up tripping at the very end, nearly hitting Charlie with the ball.

“Wait a... *huff*, second.” Benjamin waited a moment to catch his breath. “We should *huff^, check out her corpse one at a time.” He wiped some sweat with his sleeve. “I doubt it’ll do much, but it could help to learn if somebody else or Micah has already seen her. We’ll know that to be the case if the announcement triggers at the next person.”

Upon hearing Seb's news, Lavender begins to tremble, a look of pure misery in her eyes. "Miss Carrie..." The ballerina hangs her head and closes her eyes, her expression completely devoid of joy. "I can only pray she is at peace in whatever afterlife there may be..."

"Miss Yandell...Where could she be? I really, really hope we can find her well and alive."

Charlie stood stock still staring at Sebastian talk. She jumped away when Ben's ball and chain almost hit her, but she seemed to be in a daze.

"... We're gonna have to look in there? At the corpse?"

Shy guy

"Somehow... somehow this is very different from Mr Gardner's corpse..." Seb mumbled to himself. "I don't get it. They both died, and I didn't feel anything for Mr Gardner. People die and there's nothing you can do about it, and getting down about it doesn't achieve anything. So why...?" He turned away from the others, going to retrieve his mop which he'd removed to better squeeze through the gap. He didn't face the group again, instead staring blankly at the head of the mop while he continued to mumble quietly.

"There's nothing you can do about it... This time, there's nothing you can do about it. It doesn't matter what you do." At this point he was speaking so quietly that it was unlikely anyone would hear him, but the mantra of sorts seemed to be calming him down some.

Just a guy online.

If anyone were to look at Nail's face as the news was revealed, it would be cast in the shape of a thundercloud, fury and anger writ into all the creases on his face. It was cold, and it was hell.

But it cleared a moment later, and he shook his head. "There is naught we can do for the dead. But first, we must also find Miss Micah. Without everyone's expertise, we may not be able to progress through this vile game."

Just another day.

Matt having just arrived and not having heard a word anyone had said asked as he continued to move to move in to where the body was.

"What's got all your asses looking so pa..." Matt smelled seb who wreaked.

"Eck no Wounder...you smell worse then the brat swimming in a dumpster full of rotten eggs."
"So what the hells going on cause clearly ive missed something."

Well if anyone was going to go check on the corpse, it wouldn't be Shizune. She was a little too busy uselessly shaking like a leaf.

"I'll check it. I'll go check the thing." Charlotte said, already pushing her way past some others and wedging herself into the small cave. Maybe she needed proof it was real.

Shy guy

Cold52 wrote:
Matt having just arrived and not having heard a word anyone had said asked as he continued to move to move in to where the body was.

"Eck no Wounder...you smell worse then the brat swimming in a dumpster full of rotten eggs."

Seb turned to Matt, cold and calm once more. "Someone killed Carrie," he explained. "I guess if anyone was going to be first to die, it was her. She wasn't doing herself any favours."

fella

Cold52 wrote:

"A-According to Seb..." Oliver began a bit shakily. "Carrie is... is dead."

Just another day.

KamiPanda wrote:
Cold52 wrote:

Seb turned to Matt, cold and calm once more. "Someone killed Carrie," he explained. "I guess if anyone was going to be first to die, it was her. She wasn't doing herself any favours."

Matt himself went pale.
"Well...shit...guess we wont have her shitty as smell bugging us for much longer...
Matt looked away and stayed silent unwilling to converse for the moment.

Ivan stormed in and roughly shoved everyone aside to take a look at the body. His face contorted with rage and shock as he confirmed Charlie's death for himself. After shaking in anger for a few moments, he brought his baton to his forehead and began mumbling to himself -- something that looked like a prayer.

"...You have brought great pride and joy to our home of Rattlewater. Despite your...appearance, you were still a valued citizen. Your contributions won't be forgotten."

After he finished his brief mourning, he turned to face the others.

"...If this so-called killing game has already started...then one of you committed this crime, isn't that right? This murder...was crafted by the hands of a criminal here..."
Page 18 of 76 [ 3026 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 76  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus